Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

WEHT PINK! (the singer)?

Is she off somewhere writing more songs about being a "freak" and a "rebel" and rallying calls for teenage losers to 'raise their glass' and such?

Yeah I like her, but she's a little long in the tooth for the outcast anthems aimed at unpopular high school chubby girls she sings to.

Will she come back with something new and better to spotlight her singing voice, or just more hard-pop anthems?

by Anonymousreply 6404/17/2013

One of the funniest things I ever read on this site was the suggestion that we form a flash mob at Betty Ford's funeral to "Raise Your Glass."

by Anonymousreply 104/16/2012

Those awful anthems tend to be her worst songs. There were many good tracks on her last album, but I don't think any of them were singles. R1, that's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 204/16/2012

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 304/16/2012

" Hey all the loser kids rally around

Raise yer hands in the air, make a huge rockin' sound!

We're the freaks and the geeks and we like to party too

So raise ya beer in the air if yer too school for cool!

Yeah yeah, cause I said it's a freak generation, let yer freak flags fly!! yeah yeah yeah! CHOSE LIFE! "

by Anonymousreply 404/16/2012

She had a baby not too long ago

by Anonymousreply 504/16/2012

Who cares? That faux-punk rocker shit was irritating as hell.

by Anonymousreply 604/16/2012

Aw, I like Alecia.

She just had a baby and is taking time off I guess.

I don't love all her stuff but I do think she can sing. Maybe she'll tone it down and do something a little more sophisticated. I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 704/16/2012

[quote]Aw, I like Alecia.

Aw, who gives a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 804/16/2012

It's P!NK. Can't you fucking spell?

by Anonymousreply 904/16/2012

I give a fuck, R8. I do. I like her too. She's fucking hilarious, a great singer, and she can put on a kick-ass live show.

Take your negativity and get the fuck out. The world has no need for it.

by Anonymousreply 1004/16/2012

I used to work with her aunt who was so humorless that even the nuns at the hospital thought she should lighten up. I totally got what Pink was rebelling against if the rest of her family was as uptight as her aunt.

by Anonymousreply 1104/16/2012

Really R6/R8, what's your damage?

by Anonymousreply 1204/16/2012

She's about due for a new album.

She's not going anywhere soon, either. She's big in the States, but huge in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 1304/16/2012

saw her with her baby daddy and baby at the omelette parlous in venice. She was totally lowkey and down to earth, being a good mom to the kid, relaxed and laughing and looking suprisingly pretty. Not a drop of makeup and amazing luminous skin. Shes much lovlier in real life

by Anonymousreply 1504/16/2012

When is she ditching the merkin?

by Anonymousreply 1604/16/2012

R14 = R16 = Sad fangurl.

by Anonymousreply 1704/16/2012

I keep trying to post a link to her new video but it gets rejected. Please look for it - for the song Try. Omg the dancer and the choreography is smokin' hot.

by Anonymousreply 1801/26/2013

She has a couple of hits out again. Her career is doing just fine.

by Anonymousreply 1901/26/2013

R18 you need to put the link in the URL: box, not in the message body.

by Anonymousreply 2001/26/2013

Here it is. Thanks R20!

The song is so/so in me humble opinion but damn this video is hot!

by Anonymousreply 2101/26/2013

The start of that video seems like Kesha. Pink is also trying to look like Miley Cyrus with that awful haircut and white color. Not people worth I would copy. She's gross anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2201/26/2013

Her performance of "Glitter in the Air" at the 2010 Grammys is one of the most beautiful performances I've ever seen. The audience was in awe.

by Anonymousreply 2301/26/2013

[quote]Pink is also trying to look like Miley Cyrus with that awful haircut and white color

Oh please. P!nk was wearing that style before Miley even knew what a Hannah Montana was.

by Anonymousreply 2401/26/2013

I don't know the first thing about Pink other than she has a lot of tattoos, but the letter to her fans at R14 really made me like her. Hopefully, she's like that IRL and she's put those drinking days behind her.

by Anonymousreply 2501/26/2013

Sorry R24 but she looks like Miley Cyrus with that hair. They're both cunts so I guess it's fine in the end.

by Anonymousreply 2601/26/2013

She's doing commercials for Cover Girl cosmetics.

by Anonymousreply 2701/26/2013

The song Blow Me One Last Kiss was a huge hit recently.

by Anonymousreply 2801/26/2013

This isn't a chicken and egg type of question. Pink in that kind of a hairstyle preceded Miley Cyrus and her haircut by at least a decade. It would be accurate to say that Miley Cyrus looks like Pink.

by Anonymousreply 2901/26/2013

She can't sing live and never has either. And that song and dance with the Miley Cyrus hair is just....vomit inducing. AUTOTUNE yuck!

by Anonymousreply 3001/26/2013

Pinks albums are actually decent, but the girl is way too full of herself. I remember an interview once where she described herself as the first female Rock star and that she opened doors for all the new up and coming female rockers.

She seems to be clueless that she's a pop star that wants to be rock.

by Anonymousreply 3101/26/2013

Wow, OP is kind of a hateful prick.

by Anonymousreply 3201/26/2013

[quote]And that song and dance with the Miley Cyrus hair

What are all you bitches, 15 or something? P!nk had the cropped platinum hair way before Miley Fucking Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 3301/26/2013

The Truth About Love album is really good. Very grown up songs on there.

Whoever said she can't sing live, what in the hell are you talking about? She is one of the rare pop stars who sound BETTER live than on their recorded music.

NEXT.

by Anonymousreply 3401/26/2013

Stink's songs blow. Overproduced, autotuned, cliched garbage. Why can't she just go away?

by Anonymousreply 3501/26/2013

I don't like her. She tries so hard to come off as a rocker, but all of her music is polished, radio-friendly, generic pop music with typical Top 40 guitar riffs thrown in. I also get sick of her pro-PETA shit.

by Anonymousreply 3601/26/2013

I loved her during her urban/LA Reid phase too. She didn't become all "rocker chick" until her second album. "Most Girls" is one of the many jams from her first, R&B-laced album.

by Anonymousreply 3701/26/2013

She's big worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 3801/26/2013

There was also that interview she gave about the Lady Marmalade cover.

She tries to call out Christina and her Management for being douchebags and says that Christina's Manager came into the meeting, didn't acknowledge anyone and said, "Which is the high part and the longest part, Christina will be taking those."

Pink says she stood up, introduced herself, and effectively said, "and no Christina will NOT be taking those parts."

I always thought it was a stupid story to tell since... I don't know, Christina did in fact take those parts, so Pink should just shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 3901/26/2013

What's with all the faux-angst songs? This bitch has been rich and famous since she was 19, so what's she so angry about? Bitch, please! She needs to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 4001/26/2013

P!nk was also a bit sore about how Christina latched on to Linda Perry as a producer after P!nk had already had so much success with Linda on her "Missundaztood" album.

by Anonymousreply 4101/26/2013

R23: Wow. I clicked out of curiosity (I'm not a strong Pink fan) and that performance is stunning in its beauty. One of the best Grammy moments ever. Thanks for sharing it.

by Anonymousreply 4201/26/2013

[quote]I loved her during her urban/LA Reid phase too. She didn't become all "rocker chick" until her second album. "Most Girls" is one of the many jams from her first, R&B-laced album.

I like that album of hers too (the only album of hers I liked). And like most white performers, she used the black audience and black sound to get famous, and then dropped her black audience and R&B as soon as she got famous enough to do what she wanted to do in the first place. So typical.

by Anonymousreply 4301/26/2013

R41

Yeah, I remember that. Pink needs to grow up. She felt "betrayed" by Perry since Perry went to work with Aguilera. Grow up, Pink, is Perry only supposed to work with you?

by Anonymousreply 4401/26/2013

She likes to pretend she's this big rebel but then she works with the same producers all the other pop tarts work with. Real rebellious there, Pink.

by Anonymousreply 4501/26/2013

Well, R45, to be hones, Linda Perry was just that chick from 4 Non Blondes that nobody remembered before she produced P!nk's second album (the massive hit "Get This Party Started", etc.). Linda's success from that album made her the in-producer du jour.

P!nk once told the story about how, during her rebellious teenaged years, she stood outside her parents' bedroom window screaming the lyrics to 4 Non Blonde's "What's Up?"

by Anonymousreply 4601/26/2013

R46, I think Perry is the exception. Pink has worked with Babyface, Max Martin, Dr. Luke, and Blow Me One Last Kiss was produced by the same guy who did Kelly Clarkson's Stronger.

by Anonymousreply 4701/27/2013

P!nk has a brother who is never talked about in her bios or in her Behind The Music video. They show pics of them as little kids together, but then they never followup with any info about him, like what he is doing and if he is still close with the family. I wonder what is up with that?

by Anonymousreply 4801/27/2013

Overall Pink's had a much more consistently successful career than Christina so she got the last laugh.

I'm not a big fan of her music but I respect that she can actually sing and stands for something more meaningful than taking off her clothes and getting fucked (looking at you Ri Ri).

by Anonymousreply 4901/27/2013

I love the idea of Pink. I think of all current celebrities, she's the one I'd most like to party with. She very gay friendly. And she's funny in interviews.

But. I HATE her songs. They're so trite and overproduced, and her voice is always straining - in Blow Me One Last Kiss, the part where she sings "just when it can't get worse" is like screeching. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 5001/27/2013

Doesn't anybody care about how hot the dancer is in the video I posted? Who cares about her hair?!

by Anonymousreply 5101/27/2013

He is VERY hot, R51. So hot that I don't see how she couldn't forget about her very hot husaband Cary Hart husband for however long it took to film it.

by Anonymousreply 5201/27/2013

r21, his body is nice but face is meh.

by Anonymousreply 5301/27/2013

LMAO! OP's take on P!NK (or however the fuck she writes her name) is so spot on.

He music is bubblegum pop but she markets it as edgy "chick rock" and it seems to work for her.

I like her but it's true, she's really long in the tooth to keep trying to pull off the edgy, rebellious outsider shtick. Plus she's rich and can no longer relate.

She needs a new act soon or she's going to fade away. Most of her original key fanbase have moved on, become educated, had babies, etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 5401/27/2013

I would have liked to have seen her front an actual rock band.

She had relevance in the beginning of her career as the anti-Britney-Xtina but after that the songs are pretty generic and interchangeable with Kelly Clarkson.

Grammy performance was great though.

by Anonymousreply 5501/27/2013

If she wants to market herself to teen and tween girls who's she hurting? As another poster said, she doesn't take the slutty low road in her music or her marketing.

Her "rebellious" lyrics are mostly about having self-respect, a message that is very positive for young girls in this f'ed up world.

by Anonymousreply 5601/27/2013

[quote] Her "rebellious" lyrics are mostly about having self-respect, a message that is very positive for young girls in this f'ed up world.

No, fanfrau, they're not.

by Anonymousreply 5701/27/2013

I love her and her music. I have seen her life and she was fantastic. Will be seeing her again on her UK tour in April. Looking forward to it.

Like another poster said she is gay friendly and that's genuine. Her best friend is gay. She's not the type to pretend to be gay friendly to get the pink pound like Madonna and Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 5801/28/2013

I'm not really a fan but her new record is doing way better than new records from Xtina, No Doubt, and other "nostalgia" acts. She'll probably do another huge tour that includes her now signature aerial work. At least she's giving her fans a show for their money.

by Anonymousreply 5901/28/2013

Yay for her for being gay friendly. But it still doesn't explain why she keeps trying to play herself off as an angst-ridden, rebellious teen.

[quote]Her "rebellious" lyrics are mostly about having self-respect,

You're joking, right? Songs like "PLEASE PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME" are somehow empowering to teen girls?

She has a great voice, I hope she begins using it for grown up music.

by Anonymousreply 6001/28/2013

So "Give Me Just a Reason" is another #1 hit for her. No idea how that awful tuneless mess of a song got to #1; even the fans thought the album was crap.

by Anonymousreply 6104/17/2013

R61 I liked her when she first came out, but after all these years, the whole "teen angst" lyrics are getting really tiresome. She's in her 30's now and needs to try growing up. And all of her songs sound the same lately.

by Anonymousreply 6204/17/2013

Because Clear Channel rigs the charts, R61

by Anonymousreply 6304/17/2013

I heard that Pink's grandma is Tabitha from the hairdressing world of reality tv. Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 6404/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.