Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'Muscular' Zac Efron couldn't recognize himself

Zac Efron didn't recognise himself after putting on 18lbs of muscle for his new movie.

The 24-year-old actor bulked up to play a war veteran in 'The Lucky One' and admitted he was impressed with his own willpower.

He told Men's Health magazine: 'By the end of the movie I didn't recognise myself. You hear about guys like Christian Bale who dive into it and are really able to transform. I've always wondered if I had the willpower to actually do it. And I'll always have pride around the sense that I can.'

Although the 'High School Musical' actor claims he doesn't have any special talents, he thinks his willingness to work hard plays has played a huge part in his successful career.

Zac added: 'I could pick up almost anything. If you put it in front of me, I could always find a way to tackle it. [While training for 'The Lucky One'} I'd get this strange sense of power as those weights increased. I was never a natural at anything, but I could always outwork everybody.'

by Anonymousreply 2907/29/2014

He just didn't look like himself when he was bathing in pussy.

I notice the Zac Efron PR machine has really gone into overdrive in the last month.

by Anonymousreply 104/15/2012

The PR onslaught is becoming downright comical (muscle building, bra unhooking, "uninvited" nude shots etc). It reminds me of Ellen's coming-out episode when she extolled the virtues of "hot man/woman sex" before she admitted to herself that she was a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 204/15/2012

Not that 18 lbs of muscle is something to scoff at, but steroids make that kind of muscle bulk possible; it's disingenuous to credit it to will power alone.

by Anonymousreply 304/15/2012

[quote] 'Muscular' Zac Efron couldn't recognize himself...

So he keeps looking for himself in his pants!

by Anonymousreply 404/15/2012

[quote]I notice the Zac Efron PR machine has really gone into overdrive in the last month.

Not surprising. He has a film opening. That's how it works.

by Anonymousreply 504/15/2012

I'll be laughing if the film flops after all these PR stunts.

by Anonymousreply 604/15/2012

They really want to sell his grown tough boy image to the crowd. If he succeeds Taylor Lautner will literally bathe in pussy to upstage him. Lautner's handlers probably word the casting call for that stunt right now and check for a location where the paps have the best view to the event.

by Anonymousreply 704/15/2012

I wonder if he couldn't recognize himself after his nose job, too?

by Anonymousreply 804/15/2012

When I saw the "coming attractions" for this film at the multiplex, I didn't recognize him. It was only when his name came up at the end, that I realized he was in the movie. He really did hunk up for this role.

by Anonymousreply 904/15/2012

He's not nearly as hot as he used to be

by Anonymousreply 1004/15/2012

Zac is now a Muscle Mary!

by Anonymousreply 1104/15/2012

R3, Zac has always done a lot of working out - I don't think it's steroids.

by Anonymousreply 1204/15/2012

Hey, don't forget about me!

(I gotta get off that sinking ship of a TV series....)

by Anonymousreply 1304/15/2012

He's getting too wide busted.

by Anonymousreply 1404/15/2012

Why would he have gone for the full frontal though? Seems a bit extreme for a high school musical graduate.

by Anonymousreply 1504/15/2012

Quick, explain how this "vaginal penetration" thing works again. I need to get some pussy asap! Alert the usual photographers.

by Anonymousreply 1604/15/2012

Oh please, stop the nonsense about willpower and hard work. The guy is juicing like every other actor who has to bulk up quickly for a movie. It's de riguer in Hollywood and whille there's no doubt he's spending more time in the gym, to hide behind excuses is disingenuous and misleading.

by Anonymousreply 1704/15/2012

This guy has no filter. ...who brags about taking a crap only every 3 or 4 days.

by Anonymousreply 1804/15/2012

I saw him on the cover of Men's Health in the store today and I didnt recognize him either.

by Anonymousreply 1904/15/2012

[quote]This guy has no filter. ...who brags about taking a crap only every 3 or 4 days.

Please tell me he didn't really say that? Eww! Maybe he's getting plugged up from all that you know what.

by Anonymousreply 2004/15/2012

R19, that's also because there's a lot of photoshopping on that cover

by Anonymousreply 2104/15/2012

He's so so very

by Anonymousreply 2206/11/2012

Well....

The then-and-now differences of some celebrities are more dramatic than Zac's.

Eddie (Edward) Furlong and Ian Torpe in the follow link, for example.

by Anonymousreply 2306/11/2012

R18, where did he say that?

by Anonymousreply 2406/11/2012

R24, he probably put it more delicately than that, but I think what R18 is referring to is an interview Zac did for Men's Health earlier this year where he talked about his training regimen & diet.

by Anonymousreply 2506/11/2012

Too bad he's into scat

by Anonymousreply 2611/04/2012

Did you see Zac with Bear Gryllis last night on NBC? Muscle boy in the mountains.

by Anonymousreply 2807/29/2014

He *is* a Muscle Mary!

by Anonymousreply 2907/29/2014
Need more help? Click Here.