Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

WEHT Kerr Smith?

He was so hunky on Dawson's Creek (and looked pretty young--he was 26 playing a 16 year-old). He later did some film work in movies like Final Destination, The Broken Hearts Club, The Forsaken and My Bloody Valentine 3D. As of late, he's been in a few short lived TV series and made appearances on several shows (CSI, NCIS, etc.). I always thought he resembled a young Montgomery Clift.

by Anonymousreply 3010/09/2012

Still hot at 30 and divorced.

by Anonymousreply 104/12/2012

The Monty Clift resemblance is uncanny

by Anonymousreply 304/12/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 407/07/2012

OP's original post answers the question completely. 3 month old posting with 3 responses.... until today when it got bumped and I responded as well.

by Anonymousreply 507/07/2012

He was kind of an ass about the gay kissing scenes on Dawson's Creek...

But I do think he should be doing better than he is, and I do wonder why he's reduced to essentially bit parts these days.

by Anonymousreply 607/07/2012

Could this possibly mean that fame is fleeting rather than permanent? I thought he would be famous for all time, like the pharaohs of old!

by Anonymousreply 707/07/2012

They're not laughing at much, R5. Those 2 guys are petty much nobodies today as well.

It's the 2 girls - Katie and Michelle, who have gone on to big things.

by Anonymousreply 807/07/2012

Joshua Jackson is going to be closing out a 5th year on a well regarded series as a main character (a central, pivotal character)... "Fringe".

He's certainly not a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 907/07/2012

R9, I love "Fringe," but I seriously doubt the public at large knows anything much about the show or its cast. Jackson btw still gets a decent amount of media coverage owing to his long relationship with Diane Kruger, who isn't as big a movie star as some people thought she'd be but nevertheless remains one. In any event, his level of fame isn't close to that of Katie or Michelle, though it's certainly higher than Kerr Smith's.

Btw in one of those "things that make you go hmmmm" areas, Kerr Smith got married shortly after his gay character started generating a decent amount of attention, never having had a known previous relationship with a woman, and he quietly divorced her shortly after his mini-fame faded.

by Anonymousreply 1007/07/2012

R9, you can spin it whatever way you want to. Most people have not heard of him today, nor do they watch that show.

Both he and Van Der Beek have been nearly invisible for the past decade.

It's the 2 girls on that show who went on to become famous and successful.

by Anonymousreply 1107/07/2012

Type "joshua" into IMDB,and his is the first name that comes up.

He's a star on a series that will reach 100 episodes. That's not the biggest club in the world to belong to. He works steadily, regardless of fame level.

People would recognize him from any number of movies, including Cruel Intentions, Urban Legend, Scream 2, Apt Pupil, and all three of the Mighty Ducks movies.

I'm not saying he's super famous. I'm saying he's working steadily in fairly high-profile projects, and is a constant presence on TV in a major network show for five seasons AFTER Dawson's Creek. He's doing perfectly fine. He might not have the name recognition of Van Der Beek, but he's got a better career.

by Anonymousreply 1207/07/2012

[quote]Cruel Intentions, Urban Legend, Scream 2, Apt Pupil, and all three of the Mighty Ducks movies.

Yes, he's been in some movies, but most of them were back in the 1990's and none of them were blockbusters.

Do you deny that Katie Holmes is more famous (everyone's talking about her this month) or that Michelle Williams is more successful (multiple Oscar-nominee) ?

by Anonymousreply 1307/07/2012

[quote]People would recognize him from any number of movies, including Cruel Intentions, Urban Legend, Scream 2, Apt Pupil, and all three of the Mighty Ducks movies.

I know full well who he is, but I'd completely forgotten he was in "Cruel Intentions" or any of the "Scream" films. Ditto "Apt Pupil," for that matter. I haven't seen any (not counting "Scream 4") in at least a decade, but still.

by Anonymousreply 1407/07/2012

[quote]Do you deny that Katie Holmes is more famous (everyone's talking about her this month) or that Michelle Williams is more successful (multiple Oscar-nominee) ?

Are you serious? Why would I ever make such a ludicrous claim? And where did I even imply such a thing? Is this a weird strawman?? And why are we even talking about them? We were talking about the GUYS from the show... and Joshua Jackson has done very well for himself (I particularly liked him in The Laramie Project).

And he's pretty well known and recocgnized, and has a lead in a long-running, well-respected TV series.

Which is a good sight more than Kerr Smith for sure, and even more than James Van Der Beek, imho.

by Anonymousreply 1507/07/2012

Dreadful actor

by Anonymousreply 1607/07/2012

He was in a CW series from a couple years ago. It didn't make it but I thought it was a bright spot.

by Anonymousreply 1707/07/2012

He's on some series I've never heard of: "Life Unexpected"

He was on "Eli Stone", which I loved, and he was good in that.

by Anonymousreply 1807/07/2012

WEHT Van Hansis and Jake Silbermann, lovers on a daytime drama.

by Anonymousreply 1907/07/2012

Jake is appearing FULL FRONTAL NUDE nightly in a play called "3C" (based on the sitcom Three's Company) in NYC, R19.

Van has given up show business and become a hairdresser.

I also loved Kerr Smith on "Charmed"...

by Anonymousreply 2007/08/2012

Pics to the full frontals, R20, please.

by Anonymousreply 2107/08/2012

Who gives a shit about Jake or Van? Please don't kill the thread.

by Anonymousreply 2207/08/2012

Smith turned down the role of Spock in the Star Trek reboot. Many questioned his decision at the time, but, as this thread bares out, he's worked steadily, and has enjoyed more exposure than Quinto, who was reduced to doing plays before giving his career the double whammy of coming out as gay.

I'd have liked to have seen Jake nude while he was high on the success of ATWT or Stuffer, but he looks frail at 29, like he's suffered. It wouldn't be a turn on to see him going full monty for an exploitation production for a theater run on charitable donations. They don't even list the cast on the website so that not making payroll can account for cast adjustments.

by Anonymousreply 2307/08/2012

[quote]Smith turned down the role of Spock in the Star Trek reboot.

Where's the proof of that?

[quote]he's worked steadily, and has enjoyed more exposure than Quinto, who was reduced to doing plays

I don't think so. Just because Quinto isn't doing major projects in between Star Trek doesn't mean he's doing worse than Smith. On the contrary, he's got an ongoing part in several more films down the road.

by Anonymousreply 2407/08/2012

He should be working more

by Anonymousreply 2510/08/2012

He's been unwilling to take any risks.

I don't think he's ever even shown his ass.

by Anonymousreply 2610/09/2012

[quote] has enjoyed more exposure than Quinto, who was reduced to doing plays

huh? yeah a Pulitzer prize winner at the Signature Theatre Co. is so low profile......r23 is an idiot

by Anonymousreply 2710/09/2012

Kerr Smith has more exposure than Zachary Quinto? Are you kidding? Quinto is the new Spock in a series of films that are being seen by millions of people all over the world.

No one has heard of Smith in years.

by Anonymousreply 2810/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 2910/09/2012

They should do a Monty Clift movie and cast Kerr. Besides John Wesley Shipp, he was the hottest guy on "Dawson's Creek". Van Der Beek is ten times sexier these days than he was back then.

by Anonymousreply 3010/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.