Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ann Romney is a Cunt

Ann Romney joined Twitter last night, apparently to retaliate against DNC adviser and CNN talking head Hilary Rosen, who criticized Ann by saying she "never worked a day in her life." @AnnDRomney has tweeted twice so far:

I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work. Ann Romney 13 hours ago ReplyRetweet Share

I’ll be with @marthamaccallum this morning at 10:40 discussing Hilary Rosen’s comments. All moms are entitled to choose their path

Yes, it must be very hard to be stay at home mom when your husband is worth $250 million and you own "a couple of Cadillacs." Comparing her experience of "hard work" raising 5 boys (who are all over the age of 30) as a millionaire to regular women, most of whom don't have a choice in staying home to raise their children and don't have butlers, chauffeurs, nannies, maids, helping them out. Cry me a fucking river.

Hilary Rosen's point was that Ann Romney has never worked a day in her life because she never needed to and therefore has no idea about the economic realities of most women.

by Anonymousreply 39302/14/2014

Ann's as out of touch as her husband.

The nannies raised those kids.

by Anonymousreply 104/12/2012

Here is Hilary Rosen's actual quote:

[quote]Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life. She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing.

by Anonymousreply 204/12/2012

The Romney campaign will try to pimp the hell out of this, and his top surrogates are already falsely identifying Hilary Rosen as an "Obama advisor" (which she's not).

What I want to know is when will a major media outlet do a piece on the persistent and demonstrable lies perpetrated by the Romney campaign?

by Anonymousreply 304/12/2012

This will backfire on the DNC-the last thing you tell a stay at home mom is that they don't work. They are not going to see the fact that Romney had access to around the clock nannies, maids, diaper service etc...just that stay at home mom's life is a cakewalk of parks and play dates.

by Anonymousreply 404/12/2012

She hasn't worked a day in her life. She's never held a paying job, and nannies raised her children when they were young, who have been well past the ages where they would need their "mommy" for twenty-odd years anyway. She's spent her life doing what rich women typically do: shopping and lunching and probably drinking and popping prescription meds.

by Anonymousreply 604/12/2012

i watched the news this morning and saw ann romney being a cunt, so I googled "ann romney is a cunt" and now I am here.

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2012

[quote]Honestly, the c-word shit is old and tired, lazy and disrespectful to other posters here.

[quote]Take your hatred of mothers to another board OP. That isn't going to fly here. I don't need to come here read this.

She is still an out of touch 'çunt' anyway you put it.

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2012

Where else do you expect to find hatred of mothers, r5? If you don't come here for that, what do you come here for?

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2012

They were talking about this story on The View (I know...) this morning and almost everyone, excerpt Joy, but especially Elisabeth were indignant. Elisabeth actually said the statement was "an insult to stay at homes everywhere". Joy tried to add that the statement meant that Ann Romney never had to worry about economics especially having to have a job to provide for her family but everyone talked over her. I was surprised that Whoopi seemed to side with the pro-Ann side.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2012

[quote]Take your hatred of mothers to another board OP. That isn't going to fly here. I don't need to come here read this.

More like hatred of Ann Romney. Mitt keeps on putting his wife out as his focus group for 'what women want.' As if they are a monolithic group, and that Ann has anything in common with most women voters. Rosen's comments are 100% true. Does Mitt know any other kinds of women other than very wealthy, white ones like his wife?

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2012

I agree with Rosen, but I'm afraid her comment is going to help Romney with women.

Watch the Repubs say that Obama is starting a "War on Mothers".

by Anonymousreply 1304/12/2012

Rich Bitch moms who pawn their kids off on nannies so they can go the the club and have lunch with their other rich friends...

Yeah Ann.....I'm sure you were changing diapers the whole time and never left the house.

Hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 1404/12/2012

Well, welcome r8.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2012

Mormons love Jell-O salads.

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2012

I just gave r8 w&w.

This could have been an interesting discussion, if OP had used a different title.

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2012

OH for fucks' sake, the stay-at-home mom thing is a red herring. The point is about women who never have to worry about finances, whether they're stay at home or working outside the home.

How many moms NEVER have to worry about finances?

by Anonymousreply 2004/12/2012

It must be nice for a woman to be able to afford to stay home. My parents both needed to work, we couldn't afford the luxury.

by Anonymousreply 2104/12/2012

I don't think Romney had nannies raise their kids. I think Ann raised them while MR worked which was why she stayed home.

by Anonymousreply 2304/12/2012

Stay at home moms will not be bothered by Rosen's comment, because they hate those rich entitled cunts who have nannies do all the hard work and then tell those stay at home momes how demeaning, stressful, but yet so rewarding it is to endure the nannies and the brats in their big mansions.

by Anonymousreply 2504/12/2012

You just know these rightwing morons have already deluded themselves into believing that they "never attacked Michelle Obama this way!"

Faux outrage at its best.

by Anonymousreply 2604/12/2012

How many women are "stay at home" moms these days??? No one can afford to stay home that I know.

She's dead right about Romney. Her sons were all grown up a decade ago, and you can't tell me she never had "help".

by Anonymousreply 2704/12/2012

It doesn't matter how one tries to explain it. Most mothers in (esp. in *those* parts of the country) are too stupid to comprehend what Hillary meant.

by Anonymousreply 2804/12/2012

My partner's sister is a stay at home mom. She has two kids who are in school all day while she takes aerobics classes and shops.

Yeah, tough life. She's nice enough, but I just know she would be the type to think she is EXACTLY like Ann Romney.

by Anonymousreply 2904/12/2012

Ann seems ALMOST as phony as her hubby.

Wasn't Michelle Obama a lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 3204/12/2012

Would someone please fast-forward to Wednesday, November 7, so that we'll never have to hear from, or about, these people again.

by Anonymousreply 3304/12/2012

Hey resentful stay at home mom, R30, did someone force you to fuck and reproduce?

Bitches like you never lose an opportunity to screech to the heavens how undervalued and unappreciated you are by society when you're actually golden saints, raising future Presidents and doctors and lawyers (and drug addicts and murderers).

Fuck off, willya? And fuck you for insulting Michele Obama. She got more ANY kind of work done this morning than YOU do in a month. Now SHUT IT.

by Anonymousreply 3404/12/2012

r30 has MOMMIE ISSUES

by Anonymousreply 3604/12/2012

[quote]Whether or not Ann hired nannies isn't the issue: all moms work hard, regardless of the help they have. Some work harder than others, but all work hard. That's a no-brainer.

Rich people can afford to cheat and having nannies to deal with their kids is cheating. Rich stay at home moms would commit suicide or murder their own children if they'd have to do all the heavy lifting (raising and taking care of their kids) without any help.

by Anonymousreply 3704/12/2012

Thing is, Ann Romney probably didn't make that choice - the Mormon church chose it for her. LDS women are inculculated at every age with the idea that the ultimate success is to stay home and raise their children, and LDS men expect to marry women who want to do exactly that and no more. Women who work are lower on the social pecking order. This is also true of men to a much lesser extent, which is why Mormon communities are so rife with work-from-home, shady product distribution schemes and other get-rich-quick scams.

by Anonymousreply 3804/12/2012

Backfiring? I didn't even hear the engine start. Go away.

[quote]Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life. She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing

read it again.

by Anonymousreply 3904/12/2012

R30 I'm a stay at home mom/wife, and you're sounding like an entitled bitch. No one forced you to breed. We all make choices that we have to live with, and you should be on your knees thanking life that you have a husband/wife who makes a decent enough salary for you to care for the home.

As should Ann Romney. Sure, staying at home CAN be hard work, but just think about this--working parents have to deal with everything stay at home parents have to deal with, EXCEPT THEY HAVE JOBS OUTSIDE OF THE HOME TOO. When the house is clean and the laundry is folded and put away, I can take a break. When a working parent comes home from work, they still have laundry and a dirty house waiting for them.

I'm so sick of the deification of the stay at home parent. We do what we do to benefit our own families, and we shouldn't look outside of our families for validation.

by Anonymousreply 4004/12/2012

Stay at home moms do everything you are expected to do if you are an adult. Raise children, do the housework, pick the kids up from school, etc. That's what you do if you are an adult and a parent. Working moms (or dads) do all of that and work at the same time.

So please spare me the "stay at home moms work too." It's not the same.

Beyond that, Rosen's point (and she's not an Obama surrogate, so stop blaming him for her comments) is that Ann Romney is not representative of any kind of average woman because she's never had to work and never had to worry about working or finances/paying the bills her entire life. She's in the .01%. Blame Mitt for continuing to present Ann as if she is some kind of every woman who understands or has experienced economic hardship. She hasn't and neither has he.

by Anonymousreply 4104/12/2012

Who cares? Right now Mitt is still 20 points behind in women voters. Nobody will care about this a week from now.

by Anonymousreply 4404/12/2012

I stopped caring about it a half hour ago.

by Anonymousreply 4504/12/2012

Mormon women are forbidden to make family decisions, if she does her husband is allowed to beat her. Really. So she probably never even had the option to get a job.

Just the fact that the homocons and mommycons are absolutely gleeful about this non controversy speaks volumes about how desperate their greedy, racist asses are for something, anything to bring down Obama.

by Anonymousreply 4604/12/2012

The WaPo is a fake poll. I voted and it didn't change the numbers.

by Anonymousreply 4804/12/2012

The issue is NOT whether she stayed at home, that is a red herring. Its whether she has the knowledge to be her husband's advisor on women's economic issues. And as a completely out-of-touch, overly religious, wealthy, white woman who will never have to decide how to feed her children on $100 for 2 weeks -- NO she is not the correct person to serve as advisor to Romney on these issues.

by Anonymousreply 4904/12/2012

My brother is a stay at home dad. He was injured at work and while he was recuperating at home, he learned that he enjoyed staying with the kids so he decided not to return to work while his wife kept her full-time job. So many people give him shit for it though (most jokingly but many are snarky). Don't know where I'm going with this other than ALL stay at home parents don't have it easy.

by Anonymousreply 5004/12/2012

Can we get past the self-righteous indignation? Hillary Rosen of course meant that Ann Romney hasn't "worked outisde the home."

And for chrisstakes, who the hell didn't realize that's what she meant?! Does everything need to be turned into a federal case?

by Anonymousreply 5104/12/2012

Right on schedule, pussified Democrats fall all over themselves to repudiate Rosen's comments.

by Anonymousreply 5304/12/2012

R51 she had to manage the staff, some of whom didn't speak english. She was definitely working with the cash economy though perhaps not IN it.

by Anonymousreply 5404/12/2012

And can we get past that "motherhood is the hardest job in the world?"

Yes, we know parenting is your job. But goddammit, if that's your job, there are millions of parents--mothers and fathers--who are failing miserably on the job. There are millions of dysfunctional parents who are ill-equipped emotionally and financially to be parents, and thus they are turning out millions of dysfunctional children into the world.

So if you're choice is to be a stay-ay-home mother or father, then please don't cry foul and say it's your "job." Because if that's your job, many parents should have been fired.

by Anonymousreply 5504/12/2012

[quote] Take your hatred of mothers to another board OP. That isn't going to fly here. I don't need to come here read this.

Then go back to iVillage you stupid gash.

by Anonymousreply 5604/12/2012

Hilary Rosen was right, the Romney's can talk bullshit about their concern for women, but the cruel policies they support which will make things more difficult for women tell the real story and I hope President Obama makes that distinction about Mittens when this blows over a bit.

by Anonymousreply 5804/12/2012

Americans go out of their way to be offended. Hardly a day goes by when someone, somewhere says something that offends someone, somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 5904/12/2012

I'm glad somebody finally spoke the truth against the entitled mommycunts of the world who think that their lives are SO important just because they were too stupid to use birth control.

by Anonymousreply 6104/12/2012

Conservatives have made far worse comments about women than Hilary Rosen has and Romney couldn't bring himself to condemn them.

by Anonymousreply 6204/12/2012

I didn't know that Hilary Rosen was a lesbian. Or, maybe I forgot.

Also didn't know that she and her former partner adopted two black kids.

by Anonymousreply 6304/12/2012

[quote]Hilary Rosen was right, the Romney's can talk bullshit about their concern for women, but the cruel policies they support which will make things more difficult for women tell the real story

If only that had been the point Rosen made. Instead she caused an online fracas and provoked the vast majority of mothers to take Ann Romney's side.

by Anonymousreply 6404/12/2012

The "vast majority of mothers" haven't even heard of this so-called ruckus, and have too much going on in their lives (raising children, earning wages, and doing it all without servents) to care.

by Anonymousreply 6504/12/2012

I guess Ann Romney won this round... the PUNK Democrats, including Rosen, just can't stand their ground... so much for the "liberal" media

by Anonymousreply 6604/12/2012

Rosen apologizes:

by Anonymousreply 6804/12/2012

Do you guys think we will EVER again have a first lady or presidential candidate's wife who had to work outside the home? Of course not. And chances are, they will have had help as well.

by Anonymousreply 6904/12/2012

Ann Romney has never worked, period--in the home or outside of it.

by Anonymousreply 7004/12/2012

Hilary Rosen's basic point was correct in that Ann Romney isn't as in touch with women as she likes to claim, but she did not express herself well, and it may be backfiring.

by Anonymousreply 7104/12/2012

R52

That was just not quite right, man.

by Anonymousreply 7304/12/2012

[quote]She is a hero to many.

R72. Let's not overuse or abuse the word, "hero."

Not even every person who serves in the military is a hero, but for some reason nowadays, they're all referred to as "heros."

by Anonymousreply 7404/12/2012

R72, I agree with you that Hilary Rosen was out of line, but don't overplay your hand by turning Ann Romney into a Saint.

by Anonymousreply 7504/12/2012

[quote]Ms. Romney appears to be an extremely upstanding woman who we should all aspire to emulate.

Perhaps the GOP should've thought of that as they continued to bash MO over nonexistent tapes.

Why does the GOP thinks it's OK to bash Dem first ladies?

by Anonymousreply 7604/12/2012

[quote]Btw I don't see Michelle obama working outside the home-that nasty cunt.

First of all, she DID work outside the home prior to raising her kids. Secondly, why exactly would you immediately attack the first lady over a comment that had nothing to with her, esp. when her response was this:

[quote]Every mother works hard, and every woman deserves to be respected. –mo

I don't know about about Ann, but you are such a fucking, catty cunt. You embarrass me as a woman. Go scream as some guy selling ice cream, you entitled shithead.

by Anonymousreply 7804/12/2012

"Those who attack Mrs. Romney will only look worse for it."

I disagree. She's not some innocent bunny rabbit in the woods with cross-hairs unjustly aimed at her. She is campaigning aggressively for her husband, who thrust her into the fray by saying stupid shit. Most people can see that. Trying to spin her as some sacred cow is nonsense. If she continues to let herself be used in that way by her husband, more people will rightly point out how out of touch with real, everyday issues she is.

by Anonymousreply 7904/12/2012

Correction:

nothing to DO with her*

scream at*

by Anonymousreply 8004/12/2012

And to add to R79: Mitt Romney has said that it was ANN who told him to run again this time, so she is very much a politician and a focal point of the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 8104/12/2012

Where the fuck did R72 wander in from?

by Anonymousreply 8304/12/2012

I'll never forgive Ann for her insensitive comments when her husband was running for MA Senate against Ted Kennedy.

According to Ann, she understands the plight of people with financial problems. You see, she & Mitt actually ended up "dipping into the stocks" when Mitt was in grad school at Harvard. This is when they were living "life on the edge!"

by Anonymousreply 8404/12/2012

R82, that was already lame the first time you said it.

Are you 12?

by Anonymousreply 8504/12/2012

Raising kids is hard work but (a) Ann Romney would have had "help", (b) the use of the word "entitled" was unfortunate; ditto (c) the use of the word "choice"; a HELL of a lot of moms, especially in these terrible economic times are not able to be "entitled" or have much of a "choice." I will grant that the interviewer was a BIT dim, because you can be a stay-at-home mom who went to college and/or street smarts, and know more than your millionaire husband, perhaps, about budgeting. I'm not sure how much a First Lady needs to know about US/world economics,anyway? I don't mean willful ignorance, just: isn't that what the president/vp, cabinet members, etc., etc. are for? in final analysis??

by Anonymousreply 8604/12/2012

Ann has it tough. Afterall, as Mitt told us, "Ann drives a couple of cadillacs."

by Anonymousreply 8704/12/2012

A poster here; did NOT realize Ann Romney has MS. Whoops. So I take back anything negative I said about her. Hope this Hilary Rosen CUNT hasn't cost Obama the election.

by Anonymousreply 8804/12/2012

I hate CNN. Wolf Blitzer had the gall to demand that Hilary Rosen apologize to Romney on camera, WTF?

[italic]“How should you have phrased what you wanted to say?” Blizter asked. “Because this was an awful way of saying that,” he added, calling Ann Romney a “wonderful woman” and mentioning her struggles with MS and breast cancer.

“If I had the do-over,” Rosen responded, “what I would be saying is that Mitt Romney should not be on the campaign trail saying to women, ‘My wife tells me how it is for a mom, for women out there.’ Because people of wealth sometimes take for granted some of the niceties that they have in life. And the Romneys are people of wealth.”

Blitzer then made Rosen look directly into the camera and give a statement directly to Ann Romney. “Mrs. Romney,” said Rosen, “I applaud your decision to stay home and raise what are obviously five wonderful boys. This is not about stay-at-home moms versus working moms. I think your husband needs to stand up for women’s economic struggles, and so far we have not seen how he’s going to do that in the campaign trail. It hasn’t come out of his mouth, and maybe it will at some point, but this is a distraction that his campaign is forcing on the American people to avoid his record on the issues.”

“I didn’t hear an apology,” said Blizter. Rosen, who has already issued an apology to Ann, repeated her statement into the camera. [/italic]

Fuck Wolf, CNN and the Romney's.

by Anonymousreply 8904/12/2012

Someone should start a thread about Wolf Blitzer being a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 9004/12/2012

If the political coverage of the last 24 hours is a preview of the stories that are going to drive the general election, we are in for a long and extremely depressing seven months.

by Anonymousreply 9104/12/2012

Despite what Hilary Rosen said (I happen to agree with her, but whatever), the Repugs are still waging a war on women--and men. And that doesn't change.

Besides, Rosen is not a spokesperson for the Obama campaign. But I get it. Everyone is going to make a friggin mountain out of mole hill these days. So you have to attack, but watch what you say.

by Anonymousreply 9204/12/2012

Hence, the reason Newt loves CNN these days.

So glad I haven't watched them in at least a couple years. They're not objective, their formula is one where the brain farts expressed by the right wing are validated simply based on the fact that it is "right wing."

by Anonymousreply 9304/12/2012

Agreed, r91.

I wonder if there are any good trials starting?

by Anonymousreply 9404/12/2012

[quote]Hope this Hilary Rosen CUNT hasn't cost Obama the election.

She's a PUMA. It was probably her intention all along.

She's no Obama fan, so the usual dumbasses shouldn't pretend like he gave Rosen the line about Romney.

If the right wing wants to make a stink out of this, then hold that GOP motherfucker's feet to the flame and ask Mitt his opinion of Ledbetter and why -if he respects mothers- does he agree with Ryan's slashing of daycare in the budget?

Enough with this Rosen nonsense. Let's get to the REAL issues surrounding women/mothers. Actions speak louder than words

by Anonymousreply 9504/12/2012

So here's the new standard, apparently: any time a consultant with affiliations to one party or the other goes on cable news and says something that's offensive or ill-considered, those remarks will then be hung around the neck of the candidate from that consultant's party.

So the next time Dick Morris, or Alex Castellanos, or Ed Rollins, or Bay Buchanan or someone of that ilk says something idiotic - it's only a matter of time - then the ensuing news cycle will be dominated by the news media's insistence that the Romney campaign and Republicans everywhere will have to repudiate that comment? RIGHT????

by Anonymousreply 9604/12/2012

A typical housewife who is raising children really has a full-time job. If Ann Romney had to leave home to earn a living, she would not have had time to clean the houses, weed the gardens, add chemicals to the pools, groom the horses, cook all the meals, and manage all the other housewifey things that were her nearly overwhelming responsibility.

And don't forget feeding the horses and changing their horseshoes. That's one helluva job.

by Anonymousreply 9704/12/2012

She also had to sign report cards for five kids during their school years. That's a major project for housewife Ann.

by Anonymousreply 9804/12/2012

No, r96.

Those people are Republicans.

This rule only applies to Democrats!

by Anonymousreply 9904/12/2012

The truth has been said before, but I'll say it again. The Republican party platform is anti-woman. Plain and simple. That was the point that Rosen was trying to illustrate. Granted, she didn't do such a great job. But fools like Wolf Blitzer would rather emphasize minor points than focus on the real issues.

Just because Republicans in power are married to Stepford wives, doesn't mean that they represent what is best for women.

by Anonymousreply 10004/12/2012

I sincerely doubt that Ann Romney spent her days laundering her son's poo-poo undies, cooking their dinner, and driving them to soccer practice. That is what the help is for.

by Anonymousreply 10104/12/2012

I hope that Rosen lays low, and lets this faux "controversy", blow over.

by Anonymousreply 10204/12/2012

Obama came out and condemned it at 5:10. That should give you a hint about the damage already done. Next comment about War on Women will be met with, "Except for mothers, right?"

by Anonymousreply 10304/12/2012

Well, hell, R96, You don't have to wait that long.

That old fuck Friess said something about the president having a bulletproof teleprompter. Will the RNC be made to apologize for the old turd joking about assassinating the president?

Frankly, my issue isn't with the GOP. My issue is with the God damned pussies on the left giving into those assholes rather than take it head on and make it crystal clear what Rosen meant:

"Mrs. Romney never had to worry about her finances. We all know that's what Rosen meant because that's the part people leave out for maximum effect. If her husband genuinely respects women, why did he have no response when asked about the Ledbetter act? Why does he support a budget that will cut daycare for children of working mothers? These are the issues that the media have chosen to ignore when it comes to this manufactured controversy."

by Anonymousreply 10404/12/2012

[quote]She's no Obama fan, so the usual dumbasses shouldn't pretend like he gave Rosen the line about Romney.

This is not true at all. I've seen Hilary Rosen MANY times on CNN and she FULLY backs President Obama and frequently goes after Republicans who criticize him (like slimebucket Ari Fleischer). I've never heard her disparage the President in any way, she's just very outspoken and doesn't let right wingers get away with their bullshit. I like Democrats like that.

by Anonymousreply 10504/12/2012

Diane Sawyer: "Attacked for being a SAHM."

FUCK YOU, MEDIA!

That's not why she was attacked, you fucking assholes!

by Anonymousreply 10604/12/2012

Didn't the sister-wives help in raising the kids?

by Anonymousreply 10704/12/2012

[quote]So the next time Dick Morris, or Alex Castellanos, or Ed Rollins, or Bay Buchanan or someone of that ilk says something idiotic - it's only a matter of time - then the ensuing news cycle will be dominated by the news media's insistence that the Romney campaign and Republicans everywhere will have to repudiate that comment? RIGHT????

Bay Buchanan is scheduled to be on AC360 tonight to "stand up for moms". Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 10804/12/2012

I love you, R107

by Anonymousreply 10904/12/2012

Please boycott CNN, FauxNews, and MSNBC today. This story is just a distraction from real issues. Ann Romney is not a victim here.

by Anonymousreply 11004/12/2012

Already done, R110. Who needs antiquated mediums like broadcast news at this point?

The only thing I do watch is 60 Minutes, though I could do with less Cooper and Logan.

I hate that Wallace is gone. Miss him.

by Anonymousreply 11104/12/2012

This thread is such a miserable hot mess you'd think it was about a serious controversy, like whether or not The Big Bang Theory sucks.

by Anonymousreply 11204/12/2012

One thing it did was put chubby Ann Romney front and center in the voting public's eye months before-hand. We didn't need this connection, and certainly not now.

She has MS and battled cancer, but is married to a rich and handsome man with five sons.

Bitch is going to be on Pinterest by the end of the night.

by Anonymousreply 11304/12/2012

She is a total cunt but she and her husband have made some serious mistakes. She has no idea how many Mother's would love the opportunity to stay home and take care of their children.

When their ignorant son steped into the conversation...it wasn't a good move.

by Anonymousreply 11404/12/2012

She married a rich man's son who became a rich man himself, and gained all the attendant benefits.

Doesn't have a clue as to what the 99% women are having to put up with and do to make ends meet.

If she didn't already have MS, I'd wish dying in a grease fire on her!

by Anonymousreply 11504/12/2012

I'm pretty sure The Young Turks on Current just used datalounge as a source when Cenk was talking about this cunt. Did anyone else see that? It might be time for drinky poos but I swear the graphic said datalounge.com.

by Anonymousreply 11704/12/2012

Did the cunt mention the nannies?

by Anonymousreply 11804/12/2012

Ms Rosen has made 35 visits to the White House so I believe she is an Obama supporter.

by Anonymousreply 12004/12/2012

Do Mormon wives wear magic garter belts?

by Anonymousreply 12104/12/2012

Anita Dunn is a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 12304/12/2012

Looks like Carney got caught in yet another lie, and Rosen called him out on it. WTF. Who the hell is running the show over there?

by Anonymousreply 12404/12/2012

I have MS, too.

by Anonymousreply 12504/12/2012

Allen West's communist statement is a million times worse than anything Rosen said, yet no Republican leader has come out against him. Where is West's apology to the Congressional Democrats he maligned?

by Anonymousreply 12604/12/2012

What West said was true, though. Why are we pushing against Communism? This isn't 1954.

by Anonymousreply 12704/12/2012

Thank you R126.

by Anonymousreply 12804/12/2012

Ann Romney responded to Rosen on an appearance on Fox News, saying that her "career choice" must be respected, like the choices of all women. Quoth she,

My career choice was to be a mother and I think all of us need to know we need to respect choices that women make. Other women make choices to have a career and raise a family, which I think Hilary Rosen has actually done herself. I respect that, that's wonderful. But there are other people that have a choice, and we have to respect women and all those choices that they make.

Choice, choice, choice from the wife of a candidate who has advocated for nothing but limiting the choices of women. A candidate who wants employers to opt out of covering contraceptives for women, forcing them to "choose" to spend their own money to not get pregnant rather than utilize the insurance for which they pay premiums. A candidate who has not supported the Lily Ledbetter Equal Pay Act, a law that makes it easier for women to sue employers for pay discrimination. A candidate who has said that he'd support a constitutional amendment that defined life as beginning at the moment of conception, effectively eliminating the right of women to "choose" whether or not they want to be pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 12904/12/2012

It's over. Stop defending this dope.

The White House threw her under the bus. Leave her there and quit dragging her back to the lawn.

by Anonymousreply 13004/12/2012

[quote]she went to school AND had three kids that she raised BY HERSELF while she and Mitt lived in a tiny corner apartment.

Oh the utter embarrassment and hardship of having a tiny corner apartment when Ann Romney's father-in-law--yes, Mitt's father, was a wealthy man. Horrors.

Well, Ann has been safely ensconsed and shielded from that tiny little world of hardship for many, many years now. But somehow, she's still living with the traumatic psychological scars.

by Anonymousreply 13104/12/2012

I get a little insulated being on DL while at work. I know about this mommy controversy. And from reading DL, it appears to be a huge scandal. However, is it really that big in the outside world?

by Anonymousreply 13204/12/2012

I wonder if she will work when the Romneys have their own planet in the celestial kingdom?

by Anonymousreply 13404/12/2012

Ann's daddy is RICH, too. I doubt he let his little girl suffer any hardships while married to the scion of another powerful Mormon family. It's what parents of means do. It's what I do for my own kids.

by Anonymousreply 13504/12/2012

Seems like some of the posters here need to here Rosen's verbatim comment:

"Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life. She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing."

How can that possibly be interpreted as being condescending to motherhood? You gotta give it to the Great Republican Noise Machine's ability to put it's cynical spin on things!!!

by Anonymousreply 13604/12/2012

[quote]How can that possibly be interpreted as being condescending to motherhood?

R136. Because in today's political world, we must now always say that motherhood is 'work' and being a mother is the hardest job in the world. Blah, blah, blah.

Hillary Rosen just should have said that Ann Romney never worked "outside of the home." Then Rosen's criticism would have been much more effective--and true.

by Anonymousreply 13704/12/2012

No one ever forced Ann Romney to have five kids. If life were so damn hard, she could have used--HORRORS--birth control!

by Anonymousreply 13804/12/2012

Saint Ann Fucking Romney, the martyr.

by Anonymousreply 13904/12/2012

How can we have so many Romney defenders and shrill SAH mommies here?

by Anonymousreply 14004/12/2012

She never had to work a day in her life. She's rich and Mormon so her role in life was to pump out kids.

Hilary Rosen was 100 pct right.

by Anonymousreply 14104/12/2012

R119 it was not a blunder. Ms. Rosen is working for the Mormons. The blunder was Obama letting her in the White House when she has opposed him all along.

Ms. Romney was the rich daughter of the rich mayor of Bloomfield Hills. Plus Romney was rich. Don't give me that "no help from the parents." They had lots of help from BOTH families. And they had maids from an early time.

by Anonymousreply 14204/12/2012

Indeed I suspect you will find that there was a cleaning service for that corner apartment. And a diaper and formula service.

by Anonymousreply 14304/12/2012

Next they'll tell us Mitt paid for his own mission to France. Well he didn't. And when he was there he was so privileged that instead of knocking on doors that put him managing 200 missionaries instead. There is literally no end to the special privileges the undeserving Mitt Romney has enjoyed all his life.

by Anonymousreply 14404/12/2012

We don't R140. The Romney campaign monitors this (and many other) websites.

by Anonymousreply 14504/12/2012

Why would Romney's campaign be monitoring a gay website? They surely can't expect to be getting much of the gay vote.

by Anonymousreply 14604/12/2012

She's still a çunt.

by Anonymousreply 14704/12/2012

I think Hillary Rosen was right on the money. She neither denigrated, nor attacked Ann Romney. She simply spoke the truth, and that is no longer allowed. Yet, IOKIYAR!

by Anonymousreply 14804/13/2012

The Romneys are American Royalty!

They must not be criticized.

Mrs.Romney bless her heart is one of our Betters.

Now get to back to work bitches, so Mrs.Romney doesn't have to.

by Anonymousreply 14904/13/2012

Since when does having MS make someone a hero?

FACT: the cunt allowed her husband to donate $10,000 to overturn Prop 8. Apparently, the cunt thought that would be a better use of money than aiding fellow MS sufferers who can't afford $250,000 for dressage horses as therapy for the disease.

FACT: the cunt told Fox News that she doesn't consider herself wealthy.

FACT: the cunt donated money to Planned Parenthood and doesn't have the integrity to stand up against her husband's vow to end all funding for the organization.

VERDICT: selfish, delusional, vapid, and hypocritical cunt.

by Anonymousreply 15004/13/2012

R150. You go! I wanna kiss you. Great post!

by Anonymousreply 15104/13/2012

Ann Romney is a rich bitch who has nothing better than her lazy life

by Anonymousreply 15204/13/2012

You want to talk cunt?

Didn't she allow Mormons to baptize her dead father who was an atheist?

by Anonymousreply 15304/13/2012

Allow them to? She probably demanded it.

by Anonymousreply 15404/13/2012

She is SUCH a cunt. Baptize her athiest father! I wish there was a lake of fire somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 15504/13/2012

Being a stay-at-planet mom is going to be pretty fucking difficult. I hope I stay alive for a long time - or at least long enough to visit the 'garden of eden' theme park in Jackson County Missouri.

by Anonymousreply 15604/13/2012

Fred Malek, arrested in 1959 as one of a group of kids who barbecued a dog in a public park in Peoria, Illnois, is planning a fundraiser in honor of Ann's birthday.

Charges were later dropped when this friends said the barbecue was their idea. He said he couldn't intervene to stop them because he was too drunk. Having gotten his friends to take the blame probably started him on his career of financial sleaze and Republican politics.

by Anonymousreply 15704/13/2012

The biggest honor in a woman's life is to be a MOM!

by Anonymousreply 15804/13/2012

"Why would Romney's campaign be monitoring a gay website? They surely can't expect to be getting much of the gay vote."

They have a pathological hatred of gays. But no, notwithstanding they believe they can win votes (see Babeu, Paul and other entries under "Mentally Challenged" in the dictionary)

by Anonymousreply 15904/13/2012

Since when is being a parent a "job"?

It's called "taking care of your family" and everybody who has kids does it. But most parents do that AND work outside the home.

by Anonymousreply 16004/13/2012

R30, I'm a stay at home mom and I think Ann Romney is as full as shit as you are. If you were being honest, you'd admit that having help, not to mention the money the Romney's have, to raise kids makes it alot easier. Unless you live like a pioneer, it really isn't difficult at all to be a SAHM.

Are there days where I busted my ass and was exhausted by it all? Hell yes, but I'm lucky and I'll be the first to admit it.

You know who deserves credit? Moms who work, that's who.

by Anonymousreply 16104/13/2012

Well said, R41.

by Anonymousreply 16204/13/2012

Actually, I disagree with r41, As a stay at home mom at that economic level, she actually probably knows a great deal about economics. I doubt Mitt has the time, even if he had the interest, to be involved with the day to day operation of their personal life. Running a household on the level of the Romney's is like running a business. I would not underestimate her. Yes, she has "help" (employees) but she is the CEO. If anything the fact that she has employees under her supervision just supports the fact that she is probably not ignorant about economics or business matters.

Also, Mormons are very family oriented. Regardless of the economic level, I am sure both the Romneys are very involved in the children's lives. I doubt either of them are sitting in the living room sipping Martinis while the nanny takes care of the kids.

That said, yes their life is very different from that of the ordinary American. But, this is true of the very wealthy regardless of party affiliation

by Anonymousreply 16304/13/2012

For some reason, the more choices a person has in this country, the more Demeaned and hated they are and their choices, whatever they are, are considered worthless. Your views are only valuable for hearing if you are locked into an uncompromising position and are in a constant state of sacrifice and suffering.

by Anonymousreply 16404/13/2012

Who are 'you^ people'?

by Anonymousreply 16504/13/2012

ann has ms, so you better dial back the vitriol.

by Anonymousreply 16604/13/2012

family oriented mormons is a misnomer. utah has the highest domestic violence rate in the country, their kids often the victims of suicide.

by Anonymousreply 16704/13/2012

R165, poorly worded...a view of someone in the U.S. is only valued if the person sharing it has, by life's circumstance and misfortune, been locked into an uncompromising position of sacrifice and suffering. People in this country value wisdom solely gained by suffering and sacrifice. Knowledge gained living day-to-day in other means than suffering and sacrifice is considered virtually invalid.

by Anonymousreply 16904/13/2012

R161 that's not fair either.

You have no idea what others' circumstances entail. Special needs kids, many kids, whatever...of course that can be very difficult.

But of course, working and raising kids in general is the most difficult of all.

by Anonymousreply 17004/13/2012

She did too probably beat her children. They are on a one-foot leash, in case you haven't noticed.

by Anonymousreply 17104/13/2012

The point is that she's never worked a day in her life. That was the point. The woman doesn't work and never has. if you want to expand work to mean exertion of any kind then that's fine, but most working people know what it means to go to work and to work for a living. Nobody begrudges her life of leisure until she starts putting on airs as being everywoman in touch with the toils of the working class. her dumb husband shouldn't refer to her for the pov of women. he's politically connected and has access to hard stats and trending data. her uninformed opinion is valueless. what she hears at campaign events is totally filtered through handlers and the tonguetied awe of starstruck right wing audiences.

by Anonymousreply 17204/13/2012

In other words, she hasn't earned a wage, therefore she hasn't "worked.". Because she hasn't earned a wage, what she has done in life is meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 17304/13/2012

[quote]Is HR going to be fired by the DNC?

No, because she doesn't work for the DNC. Or for Obama, despite what Romney and Fox News would like you to believe.

by Anonymousreply 17404/13/2012

[quote]Because she hasn't earned a wage, what she has done in life is meaningless.

No, it's because she hasn't earned a wage and has been wealthy and sheltered all her life that her opinion on what working women "really want" is meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 17504/13/2012

But Hilary Rosen didn't say there was anything wrong with Ann Romney's choice to have children, r168. She just pointed out that Mrs. Romney has exercised the additional choices available to wealthy people to neither work for wages nor to work in the home providing day-to-day care for their homes and children. She was a "SAHM" in the sense that she has given birth and probably spends most of her time in the home; she is not a SAHM in the sense of quitting the labor force to concentrate on provision of childcare and housekeeping.

by Anonymousreply 17604/13/2012

Nothing good will come from attacking Ann Romney. Let it go and it will blow over. Keep it going and Obama will suffer.

by Anonymousreply 17704/13/2012

I see nothing wrong with her wanting to just be a wife and mother. What can NOT be denied is that this wife and mother NEVER dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing.

That's the point that the Rethuglicunts are trying to hide with their spin.

by Anonymousreply 17804/13/2012

I love the bullshit that because she has "MS," people should be more compassionate. Um, no. In fact, she should be taking even more shit because she has MS. She and her fucking husband are the ones who should be more compassionate.

Do I really have to explain why?

by Anonymousreply 17904/13/2012

R176, you are right about Rosen there, however, Rosen is PR shill who is paid to make her case in the most effective manner, and she failed.

She implied that homemaking was not a real job, or valued work. She is wrong about that, and she should have tempered her statement so as not to offend homemakers.

Child-rearing is unpaid LABOR, as is homemaking. It may or may not qualify a woman to understand the plight of working women, who knows. Most women certainly have an understanding of how hard it is in the workplace even if they have never worked.

Ann Romney could counter that argument by having signed payroll, balancing a home budget, tithing and organizing Mormon 'ward' issues, and providing for her children. She may have managed the home expenses, for all we know.

To assume that homemakers have no clue as to managing their financial affairs is ignorant and insulting.

And to only give value to 'wage' earners is patriarichal. Most women on the planet have been field laborers/tillers who made very little income.

by Anonymousreply 18004/13/2012

On the contrary R178, she probably had to hear all the time about the operations her non-English speaking maids couldn't afford. It's not that she has never been exposed to the misfortunes of the working class, it's that she has never FELT them even when exposed, and that's more a matter of character than position.

by Anonymousreply 18104/13/2012

Still waiting for that Blitzer cunt to demand an apology from that old Friess turd.

I cannot believe this is the CNN I used to watch religiously.

by Anonymousreply 18204/13/2012

A new Fox News poll shows that Obama has taken a hit because of the comments about the Supreme Court, and gasoline.

Add in this mess, and he'll be 10 points behind Romney next month.

by Anonymousreply 18304/13/2012

To add, Rosen, the rich, over-compensated PR shill should have couched her statement by saying:

"While I admire Ann Romney's choice in being a dedicated mother and homemaker, I see little in the way of any experience in an office or work ENVIRONMENT."

There . Hire me, Obama!

by Anonymousreply 18404/13/2012

[quote]A new Fox News poll shows that Obama has taken a hit because of the comments about the Supreme Court, and gasoline.

Add in this mess, and he'll be 10 points behind Romney next month.

did you just say a new FOX poll. We don't give a flying fuck what Fox polls show.

by Anonymousreply 18504/13/2012

Did any media outlet actually cover this in-depth or did they just pretend it was an attack on SAHMs in general?

Was no context given so that they could continue to foment the faux outrage?

by Anonymousreply 18604/13/2012

Mitt Romney has joined the Republican War on Women—an extreme effort to undermine women's health. Here's what you need to know:

Romney threatens contraceptive coverage. Romney threatens access to contraceptives, opposing the requirement that employer-provided health insurance cover birth control.

He opposes a woman's right to choose. He flip-flopped on reproductive freedom. Now he wants to overturn Roe v. Wade and take away a woman's right to choose.

He would repeal health care reform's protections for women. Romney wants to repeal the Obama health care law, meaning women could again be denied coverage under the rationale that being a woman is a pre-existing condition. Repealing the law would also end the protection that says insurance companies can't charge more just because a patient is a woman.

He refused to condemn Rush Limbaugh's sexist attack on a student. Romney refused to stand up to Rush Limbaugh when Limbaugh called law student Sandra Fluke a "slut" and a "whore" for testifying before Congress about the affordability of contraceptives.

He'd "get rid of" Planned Parenthood. Romney wants to end funding for Planned Parenthood. He said, "Planned Parenthood—"we're going to get rid of that!"

This is important information every voter deserves to know.

by Anonymousreply 18704/13/2012

Interesting, R183.

Hey, now tell us the FOX poll numbers when asked: Do you agree with Obama that the sky is blue?

I'm sure he lost in that poll, too.

by Anonymousreply 18804/13/2012

I was shocked to see that Hilary was going on Meet the Press, this Sunday.

I think the appearance was scheduled weeks ago, but she has wisely cancelled it.

by Anonymousreply 18904/13/2012

Just imagine what they would have done had Hillary been nominee in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 19004/13/2012

[quote]A new Fox News poll shows that Obama has taken a hit because of the comments about the Supreme Court, and gasoline.

Actually, if you look at the internals of that poll, the reason that Obama's numbers changed is that Fox had fewer Democrats and Independents in this poll than in previous polls.

by Anonymousreply 19104/13/2012

Ann Romney did not make a "career choice" as she said. I doubt vey much that anyone calls deciding to stay home a "career." She stayed home because she could. In other words, she didn't have to work. I'd make that "career choice" too if I could.

In Ann Romney's follow-up interview she also went onto talk about the "the choices women make." However, when women truly want to make a choice about their own bodies by having the right to an abortion, all these "choice" Repugs quickly become anti-choice.

by Anonymousreply 19204/13/2012

Then she's a fool, R189.

Man, I am really fed up with the cowardice on the left.

Get on that fucking show and say exactly what you meant and remind people that she and the Dems are not the ones who want to cut programs that directly affect (working)mothers/women. Her words may have "offended" some dimwitted women who missed her point, but it is the GOP's actions that will really affect their lived - for the worse.

WTF is wrong with the left? At some point, it has to stop being a doormat for the right.

by Anonymousreply 19304/13/2012

[quote]use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without."

Pretty much Mitt's stance on the poor and working class.

by Anonymousreply 19504/13/2012

Right r194, I'll feel bad for those beleaguered rich kids around the time I forget the fact that I got jackshit of an "allowance" to get me through college, worked three jobs, and now have a shit-ton of debt for the rest of my life in order to get away from the dead-end hellhole that swallowed my parents alive and made them miserable hateful people.

by Anonymousreply 19804/13/2012

R195, there is a difference between, "Use it up, etc.." and, "let them eat cake." This is the problem with the current Republican party. They distort American values. You have to have "it" first before you can "use it up, etc."

The Republicans' heads would probably explode to learn that "Those who don't work, don't eat." was aimed at the idle rich, not the poor.

by Anonymousreply 19904/13/2012

What delusions have continued, R196?

There is difference between being a mother with few options vs one with many - Ann falls under the latter.

The people who would vote against Obama based solely on this rather than the reality of GOP policies that *directly* affect women are absolute IDIOTS.

Your logic is ridiculous and simplistic.

by Anonymousreply 20004/13/2012

Right R198, it is all about you.

by Anonymousreply 20104/13/2012

[quote]The more you pile on her

Uh-huh, because so many independents read Datalounge, where we attack everyone indiscriminately.

by Anonymousreply 20204/13/2012

R197, I thought it was Rosen who was going on MTP (roundtable segment), not Clinton. My comments were about Rosen, not the SoS.

by Anonymousreply 20304/13/2012

R193 is right, the left is too wimpy and always runs away scared from conservative criticism. The right wingers are hypocrites and they're the ones who are hurting women with their policies, it's time to say it. If the Dems and Obama don't emphasize these differences forcefully, they will lose in November, because the right wingers are good at talking loud and lying and getting the public on their side.

by Anonymousreply 20404/13/2012

R196 and R200,

Anyone who would vote for either candidate based on Ann Romney is an idiot and should not be allowed to vote

R200, there is also a wide spectrum between a mother with few options and a mother with many. It is not an and/or, all or nothing issue.

by Anonymousreply 20504/13/2012

There are a helluva lot more people in this country like me than like your poor rich friends - people that actually understand the hopelessness of poverty and what that does to a person. Being denied the keys to the yacht on the weekend and forced to gasp get a job is not the same thing as watching your mother's face turn red as she slows down the grocery line because she has to put food back because she doesn't have enough food stamps.

by Anonymousreply 20604/13/2012

I just noticed you're also doing your best to paint the Romneys as "regular folk" in the maid thread, R196.

Give it a rest, sweetheart. Only idiots buy them as comprehending the struggles of being working class in this country.

Let's just ignore the fact that on a whim, he made a $10K bet at a debate.

by Anonymousreply 20704/13/2012

Faux was on at my gym this morning and that awful woman anchor who looks like she hasn't had a bowel movement since Reagan was president kept identifying Hilary as "Obama's LESBIAN advisor".

I laughed as I reached to change the channel. Who cares what Faux says? They only reach their base and their base will never vote Obama anyway. If the media didn't pick up Santorum calling Obama a Nig....., then this won't have a big impact either.

by Anonymousreply 20804/13/2012

R194, R196. No one is begrudging the wealthy for being wealthy--and yes, many of them work hard. We are pissed off when these Repugs make these faux auguements about how tough they had it and when they cut programs for those who truly need it...or when they talk about choice and opportunity but deny it for others.

Mitt and Ann Romney are 20 point behind in the polls regarding women because they are out of touch and continue to work for tax breaks for the rich to the disadvantage of the middle class and poor of this country...and not because of some phoney, made-up bullshit arguement yesterday created by cable TV to fill a news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 20904/13/2012

R209, the problem is that Hilary Rosen made an ad hominem comment about Ann Romney. The comment was based on a stereotypical notion of a stay at home moms and wealthy women. Actually, if the comment had been based on some actual knowledge or experience with Ann Romney, I would not have a problem with it. However, it is clear from having heard Hilary Rosen's comment, it was based on the bias that stay at home women are somehow flawed.

by Anonymousreply 21004/13/2012

No it was not either. You did not watch the whole clip, did you?

by Anonymousreply 21104/13/2012

[quote]it was based on the bias that stay at home women are somehow flawed.

No, it was based on the "bias" that Romney has $250 million dollars, has never held a job, has never wanted for anything, and has no idea what women in the U.S. "really want."

by Anonymousreply 21204/13/2012

R210. Hillary Rosen should have said that Ann Romney has never worked a day in her life "OUTSIDE OF THE HOME." Then, it would have been accurate and undisputable.

Ann Romney is not above criticism over various issues as the campaign goes on. According to Ann herself, she is the one who encouraged Mitt to run again. She is out there meeting people, making speeches and defending her husband's lack of vision and policy.

This notion that spouses should be off limits as Obama said yesterday is nonsense, and it's wrong.

by Anonymousreply 21304/13/2012

R205, by options, I'm talking about the difference between deciding if you can afford to send your kid to daycare because you have to work to pay your bills vs. deciding if you want full-time nannies/maids and part-time nannies/maids. Again, Ann falls under the latter.

And let's again throw in the fact that she has MS. What about other mothers with MS? If they need medication or to see a doctor and can't afford it, do you honestly believe Ann can relate, esp. when her husband and his party want to make sure that mother CAN'T get the help she needs?

Stop pretending she can relate in any way to ACTUAL working mothers. No one is saying being a mother isn't hard, but when you couple that with *needing* to work outside your home, it's not the same.

by Anonymousreply 21404/13/2012

When I see pictures of Ann Romney being compared to a gorilla or being attacked because she wants to help obese children or is accused of having some "kill whitey" tape, then we can talk about protecting poor Ann.

The entitlement and faux outrage on the right is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 21504/13/2012

But there isn't an ounce of evidence that Ann Romney has worked a day in her life "INSIDE THE HOME" either, R213. It strikes me as odd that the people having a meltdown over this non-issue continue to ignore that fact. She does not now, nor has she ever, "worked" in any meaningful sense of the word.

by Anonymousreply 21604/13/2012

If Michelle dared to be as involved in her husband's campaign as Ann is in Mitt's, she would would be vilified by the Right for overstepping her authority.

by Anonymousreply 21704/13/2012

"This notion that spouses should be off limits as Obama said yesterday is nonsense, and it's wrong"

It was the Repugs who started it...

President Obama has shown dignity in this matter - the rest of us might not...

If Ann Romney wants to start it, then all I can say is "Bring it, bitch"

by Anonymousreply 21804/13/2012

R213 and R214,

I just listened to Hilary Rosen comments again, and I stand by what I said. She dismisses Ann Romney's comments and advice to her husband solely on the point that she is a stay at home mom. Ann Romney may be out of touch with what women want or she may not. Or, she may be totally in touch with what women want, but ignores it because it is incompatible with her Mormon beliefs. The fact is, whether she has worked outside the home or not is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with being in touch with what women want.

by Anonymousreply 21904/13/2012

It was the same with Cindy McCain. She specifically targeted Obama.

Michelle NEVER uttered a negative thing about J. McCain.

Republicans project their own ignorance and hate onto others.

by Anonymousreply 22004/13/2012

[quote]She dismisses Ann Romney's comments and advice to her husband solely on the point that she is a stay at home mom.

R219. And Hilary does so because Ann Romney is as out of touch as Mitt. If all you've ever been is a stay-at-home mother, then you don't have the experience that someone has who has worked outside of the home. I wouldn't hire a computer programmer if they've only been a plumber their entire life. We should be allowed to criticize or make an evaluation on someone who hasn't worked and can't relate to the issue or job at hand.

And let's get one thing clear--Ann Romney has not been taking care of kids at home for many years now. Her "boys" are nearly approaching 40. What has she been doing for the past 20 years with her boys out of the house? She hasn't been working inside or outside. Fine. But don't act like you know how the average person lives.

by Anonymousreply 22104/13/2012

R219, here

As an after thought, it is also offensive that the explicit message in Hilary Rosen's dismissal of Ann Romney is that women's issues are entirely interwoven with working. Reproductive rights, healthcare, early childhood education, etc. are not exclusive to working women, nor do working women have any greater insight into these issues.

by Anonymousreply 22204/13/2012

R30, what do you mean "your other career"?

!!!

by Anonymousreply 22304/13/2012

[quote]it is also offensive that the explicit message in Hilary Rosen's dismissal of Ann Romney is that women's issues are entirely interwoven with working. Reproductive rights, healthcare, early childhood education, etc. are not exclusive to working women, nor do working women have any greater insight into these issues.

Pardon me, but in the case of Ann Romney, you couldn't be MORE wrong. The very fact that her husband is running as head of a party that is an affront to all of those things you've mentioned makes her so out of touch, she might as well be on another planet - preferably with the rest of the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 22504/13/2012

Neither does Ann Romney R222.

She converted to Mormonism in 1966 when Mitt was away at Stanford, and under the guidance of HIS DAD, she went to Brigham Young, where she sent a letter to Mitt on mission in France breaking up with him. He implored her to reconsider and they married suddenly in 1969. Her first baby was born in 1970. They left Utah after he graduated from BYU (she wasn't finished and had to get her degree later from the Harvard Extension School).

During his campaign for Senate she said she and Mitt had NEVER HAD AN ARGUMENT as a married couple.

What did she do? Dressage. She's a dressage champion.

by Anonymousreply 22604/13/2012

FYI...Hilary Rosen is a mom. I believe she has two kids.

by Anonymousreply 22704/13/2012

True, R227. She is openly-gay and has adopted 2 boys. She mentioned this last night.

by Anonymousreply 22804/13/2012

I'm wondering if she was screwing Mitt's dad. Something in the story doesn't quite add up.

by Anonymousreply 22904/13/2012

R226. From your post, it sounds like Ann Romney didn't make a "career choice" as she claims. It appears that she just waited for her then-boyfriend Mitt and then followed him around once they got married.

Maybe she wasn't much different in her marriage pursuit than other women of the late '60s/early '70s. But this notion that she made a "career choice" is horse shit...just like the shit that comes out of their dressage horses.

by Anonymousreply 23004/13/2012

[quote]and I stand by what I said.

[shrug] So? You're still wrong.

by Anonymousreply 23204/13/2012

R194 is so full of shit its coming out of her ears.

by Anonymousreply 23304/13/2012

Hilary has never been ON the bus.

by Anonymousreply 23404/13/2012

Ann Romney = gold digger.

by Anonymousreply 23504/13/2012

R194 Mitt's Dad was just plain rich. It's Mitt who is super-wealthy, thanks to his dirty frauds.

by Anonymousreply 23604/13/2012

Maybe Ann can put out a Youtube video to show how she shoes her horses and changes the oil in her fleet of Cadillacs. That would silence the Democrats when they see her doing typical housewife things.

by Anonymousreply 23704/13/2012

And what about the woman who works 40 hours a weeks and raises five boys, or the single mother with two jobs and five kids. Stop whining you privileged bitch and just have the decency to say that you have been fortunate to marry a vacuous multi-millionaire and, therefore, could stay home and raise five growing boys.

You don't know what hard work is, Sweetie pie.

by Anonymousreply 23804/13/2012

Everytime I say, "Anne Romney is a cunt", I feel cheerful.

by Anonymousreply 24004/13/2012

Bullshit, R241. They've said horrible things about Michelle Obama since the 2008 campaign.

by Anonymousreply 24204/13/2012

True, R242.

by Anonymousreply 24304/13/2012

Every one of us has a mother. If it weren't for our mother, we'd be dead in a dirty diaper. This isn't about stay at home moms..at least it shouldn't be. We all know it's hard work taking care of children and husbands. Men know that leaving the house every morning is preferred above staying at home and taking care of everything on a daily basis..even weekends and holidays. I'd rather go to work every day than have to stay at home and take care of me, the kids, the house, the laundry, the cooking, parties, school, etc etc. So all you haters who want to act ignorant, just shut the f*** up about work at home mothers and make sure you're registered to vote so you can vote for President Obama again!!!! Mitt Romney is not a man of the people. And remember to shop for a mother's day gift!

by Anonymousreply 24404/13/2012

[quote]If anything negative was said by a conservative comentator about obama's wife, the shit would hit the fan and the media would be all over it.

What fucking planet do you live on????

by Anonymousreply 24504/13/2012

R241, instead of wasting everyone's time with your stupid post, why didn't you GOOGLE "conservatives attack Michelle Obama," then punch yourself in the face repeatedly until you knock some sense into yourself?

IT IS ANOTHER LIE YOU'RE TELLING YOURSELF.

I mean my God. An innocent "fist pump" became ammo for the morons on the right.

by Anonymousreply 24604/13/2012

The ONLY people concerned with this story are the endlessly bloviating talking heads in the media. This is their cat nip, and like cats, once exposed they become deranged. Real women either at home, or at work are too busy for this nonsense. They live in the real world and they "get it". Net gain by Romney camp? Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 24704/13/2012

THANK YOU, R247. This is yet another manufactured media controversy.

So glad that this generation will be the last to give a shit what some "pundit" thinks. All of these people will not be in high demand when those under 25 take over the world.

No one will give a shit about watching Network News or 24-hour news; their days are numbered.

It was not traditional media that got Zimmerman arrested, it was SOCIAL media.

by Anonymousreply 24804/13/2012

R78 is right and so is President Obama--leave the spouses alone.

by Anonymousreply 24904/13/2012

[quote]If anything negative was said by a conservative comentator about obama's wife, the shit would hit the fan and the media would be all over it.

I loathe you lying pieces of shit:

by Anonymousreply 25004/13/2012

We know the "C" word wounds. Couldn't we just say she is a TWAT?

by Anonymousreply 25104/14/2012

Wow. Everyone is so panicked tonight. Was it that bad? It appears so.

by Anonymousreply 25204/14/2012

Here you go - Mitt from January telling welfare mothers (i.e. BLACK) that they need to work outside the home in addition to raising their (BLACK) children.

Oops! Case closed - hypocrisy verified with Romney's own face and words:

by Anonymousreply 25304/15/2012

I want to see Ann Romney destroyed almost as much as I want to see Mitt torn apart.

by Anonymousreply 25404/15/2012

Anne Romney is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 25504/15/2012

And now we have come full circle.

by Anonymousreply 25604/15/2012

They did not have nannies..

by Anonymousreply 25704/18/2012

Right R257 - they didn't have nannies, they had au pairs - a couple of them.

She had plenty of help.

by Anonymousreply 25804/18/2012

No vastly wealthy woman with several mansions does not have help. She has help and PLENTY of it. She probably saw the kids about as often as the queen saw hers.

by Anonymousreply 25904/18/2012

But that isn't even the point. The point is, most women don't have the choice to stay home and take care of their children.

by Anonymousreply 26004/18/2012

I think calling her the C word is bit much. I would say she's fucking entitled stupid bitch. Now, Bar, that woman earned the label of cunt.

by Anonymousreply 26104/19/2012

Nonsense and lies R262. You aren't even trying to be believable. Meanwhile, Ann Romney drugged a horse in order to sell it at a favorable price, indicating that she had absorbed the business practices of her husband very well.

by Anonymousreply 26306/23/2012

Barack Obama never managed a housing project. What a curious claim.

by Anonymousreply 26406/23/2012

R262, when you guys are hired by the right, is it a requirement that you be an illiterate moron? Serious question. Every single one of you writes like complete shit.

If you're going to insult the Owebama's[sic], is it really that difficult to learn how to use a fucking apostrophe?

Also, was your post meant for us to vote Republican, considering the subject of your tirade? REALLY??? This is tantamount to trying to convince someone who is Pro-choice that the Republicans are better for women.

I believe not a single thing that you wrote, except that you can't spell for shit.

[quote]For those of you making comments about a nanny raising the Romney children...just take a look inside the White House. Michelle isn't raising her children either...HER MOTHER IS!

How the fuck do you know what is going on in their home? Frankly, the fact that you would compare a nanny (an EMPLOYEE WHO GETS *PAID*) to a grandmother, shows how low you people have sunk in an effort to just hate every thing about the Obamas. You're pathetic. You're a God damned fool and you're exactly who I expect to vote for Mitt. An illiterate buffoon with very little money who thinks Mitt is like him/her.

by Anonymousreply 26506/24/2012

R266/R267, you might be one of the biggest losers I've ever encountered. You don't even know how to defend your own arguments.

You just defended the Romneys by countering the nanny thing by bringing up MO's mother. Did you not do that @R262 or were you rejecting your own post by attacking it @R266? You didn't say they DIDN'T have a nanny, did you? You just instinctively attacked the Obama girls' grandmother. Whether or not they did or didn't have a nanny isn't even the issue; it's YOU morons who are the issue. You're just rotten people. You don't even get how rotten you are. Forget Obama and Romney. Any moron who thinks a nanny is on par with a grandmother, and uses that as their retort is just a very stupid person. You're grasping at straws because that is how low you all have sunk.

You rightwingers are nothing if not consistent when it comes to making the dumbest arguments when defending your positions. I'm embarrassed for you. Seriously. Argue with yourself. You're too stupid to even take seriously. Fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 26806/24/2012

Yawn..........

by Anonymousreply 26906/24/2012

So, I guess homos are just as hated filled as those that hate against us, right?

Amazing....totally amazing.

by Anonymousreply 27006/24/2012

R270, STFU. That line is so weak.

The GOP is ANTI-GAY. They have passed anti-gay legislation in several states. Anyone who would support them does so specifically because they themselves HATE. It's the only reason to support the GOP. You hate the poor, the disabled, non-whites, women, gays... and yourself most of all.

by Anonymousreply 27106/24/2012

read the facts

by Anonymousreply 27206/24/2012

So the obvious response would be to support the GOP as they just love low income housing. They just love defending the disabled and the poor.

You know, you'd get more respect if you said you'd wish that Howard Dean was running or Jerry Brown or Dennis Kucinich

The fact that you would use housing projects as a defense for supporting the GOP just might be the Dumbest. Argument. Ever. In what world do you even make sense?

This is as stupid as Republicans defending the Iraq war by saying Saddam killed his own people... as though you people gave a shit that he was killing them.

by Anonymousreply 27406/24/2012

You're a flaming bag of shit, R272/R273.

[quote]North Carolina Amendment 1 (often referred to as simply Amendment 1) was a ballot initiative in North Carolina that proposed to amend the North Carolina Constitution to limit the types of domestic unions valid or recognized. It began as North Carolina Senate Bill 514.[1] Sponsored by ***Republican*** State Senator Peter Brunstetter,

Too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 27506/24/2012

R276, I hope you are old/disabled/poor... and the GOP wins, and I hope karma gets your stupid ass.

You are that moron with the "Keep the govt off my medicare!" sign.

You truly are incredibly dumb.

by Anonymousreply 27706/24/2012

Talk about stupid! Just because a Republican wrote the bill in NC doesn't make NC a Red State. STUPID! NC is BLUE...hey idiot..it's been controlled by demonrats for decades..hey, idiots..it also has a DEMONRAT governor. Do some research and learn something before spewing your stupidity!

by Anonymousreply 27806/24/2012

Karma already got my stupid ass, asshole! I voted for that punk in the White House....jobless after his 6th month in office and ever since...the only shovel ready jobs available are the ones shoveling his BS!

by Anonymousreply 27906/24/2012

Ann Romney is a shit-eating, yeast-infected, lazy ass cunt with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

And she's still one of the more honorable Romneys!

by Anonymousreply 28006/24/2012

Moron? NC only went blue in 2008 (that's how badly Bush FUCKED UP). The last time it was blue before then was 1976.

You see, stupid ass, the color of the state is determined by how it votes during the presidential election, not by who runs the statehouse.

A Republican sponsoring an anti-gay bill says everything about the party you support. You're mentally-challenged, like every other Republican - even more so being gay and supposedly disabled.

BTW, financially, I'll be fine under the Republicans... glad I can't say the same for you. The studies about low IQs and conservatism are so dead on. You're a loser in life and you think the GOP looks at you as anything more than the 'stupid' vote.

Bet you're on the dole. Hope you get cut off under Romney.

Last post to you, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 28106/24/2012

Timely bump

by Anonymousreply 28208/16/2012

The bitch is getting pretty damn chunky. She'll be waddling on stage at the Nazi rally in JAX.

by Anonymousreply 28408/17/2012

I did mean r287, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 29008/17/2012

I predict this will end as well as all the previous attempts to curtail misogyny on this site have gone.

by Anonymousreply 29108/17/2012

This site is defined by its misogyny. It's really shocking. Proof that gay men are often even more abusive of women than any straight guy could ever hope to be. (Not to mention the self-loathing women on this message board.)

by Anonymousreply 29308/17/2012

Hey, r292, you're obviously a 12-year-old boy. Stop humiliating yourself.

by Anonymousreply 29408/17/2012

There's a disconnect here and at the spin-off sites about the fact that misogyny is the root of homophobia. And that to make common cause with any bigot is to make common cause with them all.

by Anonymousreply 29508/17/2012

Well, hatred of homos is very much rooted in contempt for women. It doesn't take a lot of thought to see the connection. Basically: Our culture has contempt for anyone who allows herself or himself to be penetrated. That's why so many people have contempt for gay men - because lots of people assume that all gay men get fucked in the ass. As for hatred of Lesbians: That's about contempt for women, also. Because plenty of people figure sex isn't possible unless there's a penis in the room. You know, "What do Lesbians do?" Contempt for women's sexuality, for female genitalia, etc.

Why are so many DLers the most politically retrograde people I've ever encountered?

by Anonymousreply 29608/17/2012

R296, my guess is that a lot of it is generational, though not across the board entirely. There are a lot of older gay men here for whom the lampooning of women's sexuality with drag shows and affectations and the sort of madonna/whore hatred/adulation of icons like Cher and Judy and Barbara, etc. are the norm.

by Anonymousreply 29708/17/2012

I'm wondering why she gets a pass on saying "we" and "our" all of the time. If Michelle Obama ever represented that they were running for office as a team, she'd be ripped to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 30008/17/2012

I think she got it on with Mitt's dad and Mitt married to her to hide that intergenerational affair.

by Anonymousreply 30308/26/2012

A cuntry club zero

by Anonymousreply 30408/26/2012

I've snuck into her room several times at night, attempting to crush the fiend in its lair... Whenever I enter, though, she shrieks like the Mothman on a West Virginia bridge.

by Anonymousreply 30708/26/2012

"Tat will be First Lady Ann Romney"? Does that mean you will get a tat of Ann Romney's hard, entitled snobbish face on your oh-so-muscular Log Cabin arm?

by Anonymousreply 30808/26/2012

you are so right, poor Ann she just did not hire enough maids for her five kids!

by Anonymousreply 30909/01/2012

If this is not a classic, I don't know what is.

by Anonymousreply 31409/10/2012

I need to see Ann actually get a job.

by Anonymousreply 31509/10/2012

Holy shit, R314. Who made that?

by Anonymousreply 31609/10/2012

Please just F&F the racist shithead @R317. He's posting this in every political thread.

You think you're clever, fuckface?

by Anonymousreply 31809/10/2012

You know, OP, I will even let the C-word go this time.

by Anonymousreply 31909/10/2012

R 316, That was created by Zina Saunders - please see the Wikipidea link. I will be honest and say that I have never heard of her before - I saw this picture in an article in Jezebel about the Romneys, and I thought it was the most devastating political cartoon I have ever seen (at least for Ann Romney.

by Anonymousreply 32009/11/2012

Michelle Obama needs to debate Ann Romney and destroy her.

by Anonymousreply 32109/14/2012

Ann Romney=Imelda Marcos

by Anonymousreply 32209/14/2012

From a [italic]Washington Post[/italic] profile of socialite sisters/Romney boosters Georgette Mosbacher and Lyn Paulsin:

[quote]At the convention, they could be seen bickering outside exclusive donor powwows (“Don’t be upset,” Georgette pleaded with Lyn outside a brunch organized by billionaire Paul Singer. “It was an honest mistake.”) or giddily relaying how Ann Romney, for whom Georgette has served on the host committee for several fundraisers in New York, privately reacted to Democratic attacks on her dressage-competing mare. (“My horse has more style and more class in its hoof than they do in their whole deal,” Lyn recounts.)

by Anonymousreply 32309/20/2012

(“My horse has more style and more class in its hoof than they do in their whole deal,” Lyn recounts.)

Oh snap Ann! It amazes me that both she & Mitt consistently launch these scorched earth campaigns against his competitors yet they seem so take it so personally when they are criticized & ridiculed.

by Anonymousreply 32409/20/2012

The worst part of this was that she used Au Pair (nannies). Lazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 32509/20/2012

Rich people talking about "style" and "class"? How ... [italic]nouveau.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 32609/20/2012

Ann Romney reminds me of Joan Crawford crying poor me! My mother raised five kids three boys and two girls my parents went to early graves. They worked themselves to death. This cock juggling thunder cunt is so out of touch with reality I wish I could give her a real Philly beat down then maybe she'd stop sniffing her own overpriviledged cunt!

by Anonymousreply 32709/30/2012

She's not just an ordinary cunt -- she is a dried up, inelastic cunt that is releasing toxic sulfuric gases as it rots.

by Anonymousreply 32910/12/2012

Shithead r328, my dad, a card-carrying republican, walked out on my mom in Rustbelt USA leaving her with two kids and no education to take care of all on his own so he could move to a Country Club development in a condo on a golf course with his new wife a state away and she worked 2 menial jobs and prayed every month that she'd get child support on time so she could feed us.

There's no way in fucking hell that Ann Cunt Romney knows anything about what my mom went through, and my mother would be a hell of a better first lady than that entitled cunt. But my mother is content to know that she survived - she doesn't need First Lady status to validate her life or ours.

Do you think Ann Romney, in all her days of suffering and agonizing struggling to feed her kids would even piss on my single mom if she were on fire? Fuck no. But my mom would still give Ann Romney every penny if she was homeless.

Corrine Hughes - CUNT EXTRAORDINAIRE!

by Anonymousreply 33010/12/2012

It was mostly va-jay-jay. Joan charged too much for ass.

by Anonymousreply 33210/12/2012

R333, something that I earned through the AIDS crisis is that as tragic as it was to lose such wonderful friends, sometimes shitty people die too. Mean, selfish people get diseases and they don't mature at all. I had a co-worker who passed away from AIDS and he was nasty before he got it and nasty until he died. So Ann Romney could easily fall into that category.

by Anonymousreply 33410/22/2012

What is most difficult about raising children is having to worry about not being able to feed and clothe an educate them. How to keep a car on the road, get to work when the kids are sick. how to get them health care and the indignity of seeking medical help or other help when you are having financial issues.

by Anonymousreply 33510/22/2012

Michelle Obama has graciously kept her mouth shut during the campaign.

Unlike Ann Romney: It's our turn/time for the grownups to be in charge/Obama is trying to kill my husband/you people have seen enough tax returns/stop it, this is hard.

Whiney ungracious petty and entitled. Makes you long for Laura Bush, who was a class act especially considering she was married to that chucklehead.

Sorry Mrs Obama is going to be around awhile longer and that her haters will need to accept this fact.

by Anonymousreply 33710/31/2012

Correction: Ann Romney is a bloody cunt!

by Anonymousreply 33811/04/2012

By "hard work," you vindictive Teahaggot, you mean Ann's tactic of rebuffing Willard's proposal, fucking another guy, then returning to him once his inheritance kicked in, whereafter she never worked a day in her life?

The only types that are dying off, Teahaggot, are your ilk. Why don't you "study up" on the money-laundering Prop 8 tactics her husband and his cult forced upon the voting public.

THEN you too can fuck off an die.

by Anonymousreply 34012/09/2012

R340, don't even engage with this troll. It does this all of the time. Just a loser who bumps old threads to defend people who couldn't give a shit about it.

It's pathetic. Can you imagine? Bumping an old thread to spew vitriol in defense of people who don't even think it's fit to be in a crate atop their car.

by Anonymousreply 34112/09/2012

None of the Romneys has ever done a day's "hard work" in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 34212/09/2012

THIS is what she would have grown up to be.

by Anonymousreply 34312/09/2012

This is what Datalounge looks like.

by Anonymousreply 35401/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 35501/02/2013

This is what mental illness looks like.

Occupy your therapist's office

I'm a gay man who loves women, but you are an addled freakshow. Criticizing right wingers (who just happen to have vaginas) because they'd like to force us all back into the closet is not the new holocaust.

GET A NEW SCHTICK.

[quote]Notice how references to the word cock are not insulting

Prick, dick and dickhead are not insulting? You might want to rethink that little theory. In the mean time, take your meds and call a friend. It's happening again, and you need help.

by Anonymousreply 35601/02/2013

This is what self-loathing homophobia looks like.

by Anonymousreply 35701/02/2013

One reason queer teens get killed is because you hate women so much.

Misogyny = homophobia

Get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 35801/02/2013

One reason queer teens get killed is because you hate women so much.

Misogyny = homophobia

Get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 35901/02/2013

IMAGINE IF EVERY OCCURRENCE OF THE WORD "CUNT" OR "FRAU" ON DATALOUNGE WERE REPLACED BY THE WORD "FAGGOT."

JUST IMAGINE.

by Anonymousreply 36001/02/2013

IMAGINE IF EVERY OCCURRENCE OF THE WORD "CUNT" OR "FRAU" ON DATALOUNGE WERE REPLACED BY THE WORD "FAGGOT."

JUST IMAGINE.

by Anonymousreply 36101/02/2013

When a dog is bad, you rub his nose in is own shit and say, "No."

I rest my case.

For now.

by Anonymousreply 36201/02/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 36301/02/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 36401/02/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 36501/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 36601/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 36701/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 36801/02/2013

Thought you all would be excited to know that there are reports that "heavyweight Republicans" are urging Ann to run for the Massachusetts Senate seat that John Kerry is vacating! I'm hoping that she does, just for the sake of all the new material she'd give us!

by Anonymousreply 36902/04/2013

but what if she wins?

by Anonymousreply 37002/04/2013

Stop it!! This is hard!!

by Anonymousreply 37102/04/2013

I hope she runs so their repulsive family can have 2 big time political losers. Of course she famously said "if Mitt loses the election, that's it, we're done with politics". So I have my doubts that she will run. Plus, she won't be willing to put in the work required by that job.

by Anonymousreply 37202/04/2013

Women are raped in the US by men who call them "cunts." Stop hating women.

by Anonymousreply 37503/19/2013

WEHT Ann?

by Anonymousreply 39204/17/2013

Some one should take a dump on Ann romney's face, as punishment for having sex with Mitt.

by Anonymousreply 39302/14/2014
Need more help? Click Here.