Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Deadline chides Anderson Cooper for gigglefest

One of the bitchy comments is from me! See if you can tell which one. I used a handle DLers will recognize!

by Anonymousreply 10104/18/2012

I wonder if Anderson giggles like that when getting his hole licked?

by Anonymousreply 104/12/2012

R1 Charming.

by Anonymousreply 204/12/2012

OP imagines that commentators at Deadline are part authors of the website and contribute something of value.

We who actually work in the biz don't read the comments.

by Anonymousreply 304/12/2012

Bullshit r3. I know tons (incl. me) who do. They may not read all the posts, but they certainly browse. Of course, they only look if it's a post that's of interest to them. I doubt AC is of much interest to Hollywood though.

by Anonymousreply 404/12/2012

Anderson's not the problem with CNN, it's their blatant slant to the right that is disgusting. I'd rather hear him giggling than listen to Wolf, John King, Candy Crowley kiss up to right wingers.

by Anonymousreply 504/12/2012

I miss Mike Wallace already. Man up AC.

by Anonymousreply 604/12/2012

I wonder if AC was bothered when he read the.

Oh, right.

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2012

Anderson's into the Ultimate Fighting Championship and is going to see it in person in June in Brazil. He giggles, but then there's that...

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2012

His giggling is so cute. He sounds just like a little girl.

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2012

Anderson is such a queen. Giggle giggle giggle.

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2012

AC was never a journalist, he just window dresses as one.

by Anonymousreply 1104/13/2012

oh OP, did you pull out the Cesar Maisani?

by Anonymousreply 1204/13/2012

R11 He is like the Ted Baxter of news, but that is an insult to Ted Baxter. As bad of a news anchor as Ted Baxter was he at least seemed to care about his job. That is far more than can be said for Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 1304/15/2012

Just a silly, spoiled little girl in a fancy suit, pretending to do a grown man's job.

The empress of TV journalism has no clothes.

by Anonymousreply 1404/15/2012

[quote]He is like the Ted Baxter of news, but that is an insult to Ted Baxter. As bad of a news anchor as Ted Baxter was he at least seemed to care about his job.

That's funny. Maybe he would be more at home if he became Giggles the Clown.

by Anonymousreply 1504/15/2012

Very undignified for a dude to giggle, especially on tv news. He needs to man up.

by Anonymousreply 1604/15/2012

Giggles the clown would be perfect for him. He is a clown. Its is is ridiculous for a 44 year old man to have giggle fits like he does. Its very unprofessional. I bet he is a joke in the news industry. I would love to know what his colleagues really think of him. I bet they don't respect him.

by Anonymousreply 1704/15/2012

He's already made it so I'm sure he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks about his giggles.

by Anonymousreply 1804/15/2012

It's one thing for a dude to laugh or snicker, but to giggle like a girl on national tv news, that is totally unmanly and diminishes his credibility.

by Anonymousreply 1904/15/2012

yeah, was it the Caesar remark? That was the best one.

I think the DL threads saying his giggling was "cute" must have encouraged him, plus he got attention for the stupid giggling over the Depardieu story.

The weird thing is, it seems kind of fake and he is dragging it out. I think he thinks it makes him look adorable. How much time does he want to spend on junk - Kelly Ripa, his Oprah show, "funny" segments like "dingus" and extended giggling?

by Anonymousreply 2004/15/2012

How come no one's guessed which is OP's post?

by Anonymousreply 2104/15/2012

two people guessed, R21

by Anonymousreply 2204/15/2012

Meh, R22. Who cares.

by Anonymousreply 2304/15/2012

He's completely blew all his credibility he's earned for his Katrina reporting and 60 Minutes. I've always been a fan (I'm a straight girl) but that was really bad. It's completely unprofessional. He can't decide if he wants to be a serious in-the-field reporter or Perez Hilton. You can't be both.

by Anonymousreply 2404/15/2012

He hasn't earned credibility for 60 Minutes, R24. He does celebrity interviews there.

Anderson has gotten more attention for giggling than any story he's done. This is in part a reflection of all TV news today, but he's the embodiment of what's wrong with it. Flash over substance.

by Anonymousreply 2504/15/2012

Bitch, bitch, bitch, whine, whine, whine...

I'm with R18, Anderson is already one of the most successful and highest paid journalists on TV, so I don't think he gives a fuck what a bunch of underachievers on DL think about his giggle or his so-called lack of credibility.

by Anonymousreply 2604/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 2704/15/2012

R26 he may have the public on side, but he craves the respect of his peers. Which he does not have.

He has an extremely slim news background.

NO local news experience, NO Washington experience, NO Bureau experience, NO overseas international experience.

He is just an ambulance chaser, window dressing as a 'journalist'

by Anonymousreply 2804/15/2012

How do you know that Anderson "craves the respect of his peers", R28? Did he tell you that himself?

by Anonymousreply 2904/15/2012

R29 doesn't everybody want the respect of their peers?

by Anonymousreply 3004/15/2012

Could you imagine if Ann Curry did this? She's called unprofessional for far less.

by Anonymousreply 3104/15/2012

R30, what makes you believe that he doesn't have it?

by Anonymousreply 3204/15/2012

Exactly R31. Continues to get a free ride.

Then again any white guy in America usually does.

by Anonymousreply 3304/15/2012

true, R31

by Anonymousreply 3404/15/2012

R32 come News & Documentary Emmy time, AC360 barely gets any nominations.

by Anonymousreply 3504/15/2012

Plus R32 how many Emmy nominations has AC gotten for his work on 60 Minutes?

by Anonymousreply 3604/15/2012

Despite all this talk about Anderson's perceived lack of credibility, it clearly hasn't hurt his career. His contract at CNN keeps getting renewed, he's won several journalistic awards, he's now doing 3 different shows, and he's a very recognizable and popular journalist.

by Anonymousreply 3804/15/2012

But last year he got ZERO emmy nominations for 60 minutes, and only two nominations for AC 360

And those AC 360 nominations were for the show, not really for him.

So he is losing credibility year after year from his peer group.

[quote]Emmy for his 60 Minutes piece on rape in Congo.

The producer and writer actually put that piece together. He just fronted it.

The fact that he did many pieces for 60 minutes, and got ZERO nominations for his work last year, says alot.

by Anonymousreply 3904/15/2012

AC won a Peabody award in 2005. He has won several Emmys so far, including 2 in 2006 and 2 more last year for his work in Haiti. It doesn't seem to me that he's being snubbed by his peers, r30.

by Anonymousreply 4004/15/2012

[quote] he's a very recognizable and popular journalist.

He is an ambulance chasing personality in the realm of Ted Baxter. He window dresses as a journalist, but isn't really one due to his slim news background.

Again ZERO Emmy nominations for his work on 60 Minutes last year.

You'd think he would get at least one nod?

And while his show got nominated a few times last year, that is more of a tribute to his producers than him, who is just fronting the show.

So if he is such a great journalist, why did his peers not recognize his work on 60 Minutes last year?

by Anonymousreply 4104/15/2012

Thank you for pointing that out, R39. So many people don't appear to understand how TV news works. 60 Minutes pieces have producers and writers. It is not Anderson Cooper doing all the grunt work. For the most part, he sits there with a concerned look on his face and talks down to the audience like a third grade teacher.

by Anonymousreply 4204/15/2012

R40 you are not stating the facts.

ALL of the emmys AC has won has been part of a group. Including that Peabody award.

Which means AC was part of a show, that honored not only the producers, writers, staff support and talent (which is AC).

Please come up with an Emmy or Peabody that AC has won SOLO.

Meaning by himself.

Peabody Award went top CNN for CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute, NOT AC himself!

by Anonymousreply 4304/15/2012

sounds like Ann Curry, R42

by Anonymousreply 4404/15/2012

So unless Anderson gets nominated for an Emmy every single year for both 360 and 60 Minutes, he's considered a failure who isn't recognized by his peers, r41? You must be joking. Do you uphold every other journalist to the same standard, or just the ones you don't like?

by Anonymousreply 4504/15/2012

R42 it is kind of misleading for AC to advertise himself as an Emmy and Peabody award winning person.

The Peabody went CNN not AC for the Heroes Special.

Almost all of the Emmys went to AC360 THE PROGRAM, not to AC personally solo.

AC360 THE PROGRAM honored the producers and writers who put the show together.

So the PROGRAM won, with AC winning an Award because he fronts the show.

by Anonymousreply 4604/15/2012

R45 read R46

Again name one Emmy award that he has won SOLO without being part of a group or collective.

by Anonymousreply 4704/15/2012

You're being ridiculous, r47. I get it that you don't like Anderson, but for you to claim that he isn't respected by his peer because the numerous Emmys he has won have been "part of a group" and not solo, is downright idiotic. Most awards in the field of journalism recognize that it takes team work to produce a worthy piece, and therefore do not single out a person in particular.

by Anonymousreply 4804/15/2012

R42 You are spot on about him talking down to his audience. He probably thinks the audience is dumb since they are not Yale educated like he is. He is very condescending. The concerned look on his face during interviews is so fake. You know he doesn't give a damn about any of those people. Did anyone see 360 Friday night? He was talking about that Mississippi pardons story and was talking to the mother of a girl who was killed by one of the criminals who has now been pardoned. The mother was very emotional and choked up and of course Anderson is sitting there in the studio looking all concerned and like he was about to cry himself and quickly went to a commercial break. What BS! You know he doesn't give a damn about that mother and what she's going through. He's cold hearted. He probably has ice water running through his veins.

by Anonymousreply 4904/15/2012

R48 tell that to Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer, Mike Wallace and the numerous other journalists who have won solo Emmys for their interviewing skills.

Yet AC can only win awards when he is part of a group.

Doesn't sound like he has alot of respect from his peers to me.

Again it is AC producers that are being honored for their work, not necessarily AC himself.

Other journalists have been honored solo for their work. Why not AC?

by Anonymousreply 5004/15/2012

If winning several Emmy and Peabody awards means having no credibility with his peers, I bet Brian Williams would love to have that problem too.

by Anonymousreply 5104/15/2012

R51 again it wasn't AC that won the Peabody. It was CNN that won the Peabody.

Let us please get that straight.

by Anonymousreply 5204/15/2012

Brian Williams has won an Emmy for news writing.

AC being always lauded here for his superior writing skills, has he ever won an Emmy for his writing?

by Anonymousreply 5304/15/2012

R49 How do you think Anderson got where he is? By being cold and callous. Because he's that way he doesn't feel bad backstabbing and stepping all over people to get to the top. Moat people in his position are not nice people, that's how they get where they are.

As for the awards, it probably annoys Anderson that he has to share the award with the rest of the team. He thinks he's God's gift to journalism and probably thinks he is the only one who should have the award not the peon team members.

by Anonymousreply 5404/15/2012

People who want to have the last word in every conversation like R53 are exhausting.

I still fail to see how anyone can say that Anderson has no credibility with his peers.

by Anonymousreply 5504/15/2012

Exactly R54

He does have a chance for a solo Emmy at the Daytime Emmy awards.

But will he take a woman again to the awards to throw off his frau audience?

by Anonymousreply 5604/15/2012

[quote] I still fail to see how anyone can say that Anderson has no credibility with his peers.

ZERO Local News Experience, ZERO Bureau Experience, ZERO Washington Experience, ZERO Overseas Experience.

His last job before joining CNN was hosting a reality game show.

ZERO Emmy nominations for his work on 60 Minutes last year.

Do you see now why his peer group doesn't take him seriously?

by Anonymousreply 5704/15/2012

"Do you see now why his peer group doesn't take him seriously?"

No R57, but I see by the sheer number of your posts how strong you feel about this. Or do you always have to win the argument in every single conversation you have? You must be a joy at parties.

by Anonymousreply 5804/15/2012

R58 you don't know the news business, so it is had for you to understand what a bubble-head AC is dismissed as.

by Anonymousreply 5904/15/2012

r58 nailed it!

And r59, I doubt you know much about the news business yourself.

by Anonymousreply 6004/15/2012

[quote]he's now doing 3 different shows,

Wow! He'll soon be just like a Kardashian!!!! We're impressed.

by Anonymousreply 6104/15/2012

R60 I wish AC would have reported for the Huntley/Brinkley report in the late 60s.

I would have loved to see Brinkley show-up AC on-air.

David Brinkley had a way of asking certain questions of journalists that revealed how little depth of substance they had. In essence embarrassing them on-air.

by Anonymousreply 6204/15/2012

If it means having the career, the popularity and the awards that Anderson has garnered so far, I think a lot of journalists would love to be as "dismissed' by their peers as r59 seems to believe Anderson is.

by Anonymousreply 6304/15/2012

Which makes AC more 'entertainment' than journalist.

Which is why his peer group seems to shut him out of the emmy awards. Remember the nominations are voted on by his peers.

Zero nominations for his work on 60 Minutes last year, show just how much they think of his work.

All flash and no substance.

by Anonymousreply 6404/15/2012

How many Emmys have YOU been nominated for, r64?

by Anonymousreply 6504/15/2012

Even Dateline got more Emmy nominations last year than AC on 60 Minutes!

by Anonymousreply 6604/15/2012

I'm glad to see it's finally being called out.

by Anonymousreply 6704/15/2012

R64 All Anderson does for 60 Minutes is fluff pieces. He's always interviewing some celebrity. Maybe if he did a piece with some actual substance he might get nominated. He's a lightweight who doesn't have the knowledge to do more than interview celebrities.

R54 you are spot on saying he thinks he is God's gift to journalism. He seems to have a very exalted view of himself.

by Anonymousreply 6804/15/2012

I hate the way he "giggles". It seems so forced and unnatural AND it makes him look demented.

by Anonymousreply 6904/15/2012

Wow a whole thread full of hate for Anderson. You all feel better now?

by Anonymousreply 7004/15/2012

Anderson's being an asshole on twitter. Maybe if he would stop doing fluff pieces people wouldn't tweet stuff like that to him.

[i][b]You sound charming! RT @arbysfood23: i hope the 60 minutes story isn't another fluff piece, id rather puke than watch one of those by you[/i][/b]

by Anonymousreply 7104/15/2012

Anderson always gets like that when someone isn't fawning all over him and tells him like it is. Anderson would be responding to the twitterers who ask him about him being gay or coming out, but the gay issue he totally ignores.

Remember Troy on the live blog a few years back?

by Anonymousreply 7204/16/2012

If webby wants to shut down an AC thread, THIS is the one to go after.

Anderson's right to tell off those suckers on Twitter, I love when he does it. R71 or R72 probably wrote that shit.

R70, seriously, I don't know anything he's EVER done that would justify all of this acrimony.

by Anonymousreply 7304/16/2012

Looks like R28 has written the majority of the AC hater posts in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 7404/16/2012

[quote]I don't know anything he's EVER done that would justify all of this acrimony.

Perhaps it's what he hasn't done.

by Anonymousreply 7504/16/2012

Such as announcing publicly that he's gay R75? Because that still doesn't justify all of the anger towards him.

by Anonymousreply 7604/16/2012

It's amazine how many people can't tell the difference between hate, acrimony, anger and simple dislike.

by Anonymousreply 7704/16/2012

Let's be real. This was unprofessional. Almost two minutes of dead silence while he giggled. And it wasn't that funny to begin with

It was cute when he did it with the depardeau story. It was a stupid story and you could cut the guy a break for laughing because it was absurd. This was more absurd than funny. And it seemed like he was pointing at the "Stupid common people" and laughing.

And WTF was with his eyes at the 2:50 mark? Was he "fully there" so to speak when he did this?

by Anonymousreply 7804/16/2012

It's no big deal and he wasn't mocking the tradition. The Ridiculist is one brief lighthearted moment at the end of his program and nothing for anyone to get all bent out of shape over.

[quote]And it seemed like he was pointing at the "Stupid common people" and laughing.

He wasn't, he started laughing ONLY because of the word "pussywillow".

by Anonymousreply 7904/16/2012

"nothing for anyone to get all bent out of shape over."

Well you should take your own advice. You're seeing anger where there is none.

I just said it was unprofessional, and it was. No big deal.

by Anonymousreply 8004/16/2012

It's not "unprofessional" in the context of the Ridiculist segment. But whatever, he'll survive whatever disapproval there is out there over this.

by Anonymousreply 8104/16/2012

Giggling on any newscast on any news network is unprofessional. No matter what the context is.

by Anonymousreply 8204/16/2012

Remeber when AC used to be known for Reporting and Diaster zones? Now it seems he's mostly known for Giggling and a lame, cliche daytime show. Smh. I used to repect him, but he has changed alot and not in a postitve light over the pass couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 8304/16/2012

It's no big deal, a light segment at the END of a news program, so what if he's giggling and actually he was only giggling during the TAPING of the Ridiculist and just decided to show the audience how he wasn't able to get through that particular story.

by Anonymousreply 8404/16/2012

So sorry that not everyone is an Anderfrau. The truth must sting a bit.

by Anonymousreply 8504/16/2012

That's your truth R85, not mine.

by Anonymousreply 8604/16/2012

Don't let someone else's success stand in the way of some Dataloungers bitching about them.

by Anonymousreply 8704/16/2012

So your truth is that everyone in the whole wide world is an Anderfrau, r86? Even the animals? Even the amoebas on the animals?

by Anonymousreply 8804/16/2012

He wasn't unprofessional in that segment, that's my truth.

by Anonymousreply 8904/16/2012

He used to be known for Diaster zones and reporting now, is he going to giggle? How patheic.

by Anonymousreply 9004/16/2012

It's not as though all he does on his program is giggle, he does report on other issues. If he was really so out of line with that one segment, he'd be out of a job by now.

by Anonymousreply 9104/16/2012

Anderson has solded out and is more of a big old fluff machine these days. He's way more interested in being famous, something he's always wanted but even more than ever now.

by Anonymousreply 9204/16/2012

Can you imagine John Chancellor having giggling fits?

by Anonymousreply 9304/16/2012

Still no big deal. You folks are overreacting.

by Anonymousreply 9404/16/2012

I did a youtube search for "Edward R. Murrow giggles." 0 results. Apparently he never even smiled.

by Anonymousreply 9504/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 9604/16/2012

Mike Wallace told him he looked like a kid. Didn't commend him for his work. Just called him a kid. I have a feeling Mr. Wallace saw through Anderson's facade even back then.

by Anonymousreply 9704/16/2012

He loved the attention he received for his other chucklefest; he saw an opportunity and grabbed it here. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 9804/16/2012

I love him. He can do no wrong.

by Anonymousreply 9904/17/2012

I'm sure tonight on 360 we'll get to see Anderson's fake concern about the passing of Dick Clark. Anderson will act all sad and say he feels sorry for what Clark's family is going through. Of course that's all lies because Anderson only cares about himself.

Oops spoke too soon, he's already started with the fake concern on twitter:

"What a career Dick Clark had! What a life! My thoughts are with his family and friends."

What BS! He needs to stop with the fake concern.

by Anonymousreply 10004/18/2012

He relates to Dick Clark actually. Here's what he said about him.

[italic]but I think Dick Clark really broke the mold in that sense of producing content, owning content and not just being a hired gun, somebody who would host a game show. He also had ownership stake in the game show, obviously, made a tremendous amount of money over the years.

Interestingly enough, too, is for all his recognition and all his recognizable-ness, I don't think most really people know very much about Dick Clark, and I think that was part of his appeal, in a way, that almost, he could be any man, anybody and you could kind of project on to him whatever you wanted and whatever you thought he might be.

He never interjected himself to really tell you one way or the other who he really was and it wasn't about knowing every detail of Dick Clark's personal life or his life. Even to hear his family life, I don't think most people would like he had three children or where he lived or what kind of a life he lived.

I think he came of age at a time when that was possible, to be as recognized as he was and yet kind of unknown in many ways still.

CROWLEY: Have a life, yes.

COOPER: Yes. And he was not a controversial figure in any way and he warrant taking stands on anything that would be controversial. It wasn't his job and certainly it wasn't how he saw his role. He was there to entertain and also on the business side.[/italic]

This is how Anderson runs his own life, he's talking about himself as he admires Dick Clark.

by Anonymousreply 10104/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!