Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

ABC's The Revolution has been cancelled!

You know what has been saved. Will probably be moved to 2pm the other you know what's old time slot.

It seems in the fall it will be the god awful Chew @ 1pm - you know what @ 2pm and Katie @ 3pm.

by Anonymousreply 12702/19/2014

What is you know what? I'm afraid I don't know what what is.

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2012

Wow! Gil Scott Heron was right!

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2012

Couric does not have the power to dictate ABCs' line-up.

Affiliates have been furious about ABC's daytime shake-up.

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2012

Cheryl is Cheryl Stansbury

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2012

Bye Ty and Tim!

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2012

I haven't watched since V Ardanowski and original Carly left. Is Liz still on the show ? Is she still gorgeous yet slightly pignosish?

by Anonymousreply 804/11/2012

Good. At least now there's a chance Genie Francis will return to GH for its 50th anniversary. Hopefully soon after attending the Bobby Brown funeral.

by Anonymousreply 904/11/2012

I think by Jan 1 THE CHEW will be toast and GMA IN THE AFTERNOON will take that slot permanently.

by Anonymousreply 1004/11/2012

What will Ty do for a job now? Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is cancelled and now this is over. Now what?

by Anonymousreply 1104/11/2012

Ty will play the red crayon in the new Crayola musical

by Anonymousreply 1204/11/2012

R8, Herbst is gorgeous. The nose is still somewhat piggish.

by Anonymousreply 1304/11/2012

I tried to watch The Revolution several times but found the personalities too varied. ABC said they will replace The Revolution with a show with Good Morning America personalities including Josh Elliot and Sam Champion. I don't like Josh. I don't think it will work out either.

by Anonymousreply 1404/11/2012

Heard Kathy Lee will get more time. OMG, I detest that bitch! Hated her since she was with Regis.

by Anonymousreply 1504/11/2012

Wrong network, R15.

Tim, go back to Project Runway!

by Anonymousreply 1604/11/2012

Thanks R16 and good! I still hate Kathy Lee so I'm happy she's not an ABC person.

by Anonymousreply 1704/11/2012

Herbst's Liz has fucked just about every male contract player at this point, and all of her children (one of whom died due to Liz's self-absorption) are all little bastards. Now, Liz and her 500 pounds of baggage are about to start schtupping the SICK-HOT Ewen, who is probably a Cassadine.

I can't decide if I love or hate this character.

by Anonymousreply 1804/11/2012

It's what GH does, R18. Monaco's Sam has hit some Elizabeth missed, although Sam is enough of a hooker con artist to only go for rich guys.

by Anonymousreply 1904/11/2012

Fuck ABC. OLTL should have been the saved and GH gone. Katie will flop anyway. It's inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 2004/11/2012

So much for ABC's audience research.

by Anonymousreply 2104/11/2012

I've known Jennifer Ashton since we were kids. Couldn't be happier

by Anonymousreply 2204/11/2012

She a pill?

by Anonymousreply 2304/11/2012

What the hell are Josh Elliot and Sam Champion going to do in the afternoon? Sniff each other's asses? They might as well be a couple.

by Anonymousreply 2404/11/2012

IA R20 but the rumor is RC/FV are going for a kind of hybrid GH/OLTL with more OLTL characters coming. So far for sure FL (Tea is coming to GH and if she is I think TSJ (Victor will get there too.) Tuc (David ) is said to be coming to GH. They say RC/FV are trying to sneak them in slowly as not to make the GH fans too upset, not that I blame them. I remember the AW invasion of OLTL when JFP became EP and brought all her friends with her.

Some rumor that MA (Natalie) will be coming on too and some "guest" spots for KDP (Blair) and down the road Viki.

I hope at least some of these are true. Right now the only new addition that's for sure is FL (Tea) for at least 8 weeks taping which can = twice that in air time.

by Anonymousreply 2504/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 2604/11/2012

One Life's replacement canceled in less than a year.

Not surprised a'tall.

by Anonymousreply 2704/11/2012

Hopefully the cast can follow their bullshit advice while they're collecting unemployment :P

by Anonymousreply 2804/11/2012

I'd rather "The View" get cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 2904/11/2012

Are Todd, Star etc still on GH?

I watched GH one day while I was working from home, but it was too boring, so I took it off. I haven't watched GH for years, since it became "The Sonny Soprano Show". I was curious how they were going to work the Mannings into the show.

Star's kid and boyfriend were killed in a car crash or something? Typical.

by Anonymousreply 3004/11/2012

What's the deal with Michael Easton?

by Anonymousreply 3104/11/2012

We're all figuring he gives great head, R31. This is his third ABC soap.

by Anonymousreply 3204/11/2012

Starr is still there, R30 and as far as I know she's staying. RH came and left but will be back for good in May. FL will be there in May too for at least 8 weeks taping. KDP...maybe know one knows. TSJ a pretty good maybe since they took FL back.

Hope and Cole are supposedly dead and everyone except Jason thinks Sonny did it. Satrr is living with Sonny's kid Michael and she's out to get Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 3304/11/2012

As far as I know Easton is there for good. They seem to be throwing him against the wall with every female on the show to see where he sticks.

So far no Natalie or Liam.

by Anonymousreply 3404/11/2012

So the cast members who made the largest contributions to the failure of OLTL are going to be used to make sure GH fails too?

Excellent strategy.

by Anonymousreply 3504/11/2012

So far it kinda seems that way. I think FL and TSJ will do okay. KA is pretty much stinking up the place as Starr. RH they seem to be trying out with GH's Carly. As is always the case with RH, he has more chemistry with males. His scenes with MB's Sonny were better.

GH fans are not happy, that's for sure. They hate the OL'ing of their show.

I get it's not fair but I'm dying for a real end for the Two Todds story.

I wish Viki and Clint would come over. GH doesn't not seem to have any couple in their age, although I guess Luke is in his 60s at least and he's been interesting with Anna.

I hope Robin comes back to stay. It could be she's being held where OL's Victor is being held.

by Anonymousreply 3604/11/2012

I mentioned this weeks ago on another thread and everyone shot me down. Glad to be proven right. What truly sucks is that OLTL's replacement lasted 3 months and OLTL was on for 45 years! They should have done everything they could to save it.

by Anonymousreply 3704/11/2012

Many of us felt the same way, R37. I believe Brian Frons wanted OLTL gone because he was unable to work his special brand of creativity on it.

by Anonymousreply 3804/11/2012

Here is the new line-up, and General Hospital has definitely been renewed and will not be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 3904/11/2012

I wish Robin wasn't killed off.

by Anonymousreply 4004/12/2012

Maybe now that Sarah Brown is available she could go back to playing Carly. I never bought Laura Wright as Carly.

by Anonymousreply 4104/12/2012

Um, GH hasn't been renewed, it received a reprieve. If GMAfternoon takes off, GH is toast. ABC owns GH, there is no renewal process.

by Anonymousreply 4204/12/2012

I would love to see Robin Strasser lock horns with Constance Towers. They're both formidable ladies and would have some great diva moments. Especially if they were to fight over Tuc Watkins.

by Anonymousreply 4404/12/2012

[quote]ABC said they will replace The Revolution with a show with Good Morning America personalities including Josh Elliot and Sam Champion. I don't like Josh. I don't think it will work out either.

The GMA show is temp to kill the time slot where The Revolution will not be. I like Josh especially after this GLAAD speech. Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 4504/12/2012

I can't believe OLTL had to go down for that mess.

by Anonymousreply 4604/12/2012

r.42, do your research. The press announcements say that GH has been RENEWED for 1 year. That's a renewal, not a reprieve.

by Anonymousreply 4804/12/2012

Daytime Dish is calling your fat frau ass home, R48

by Anonymousreply 4904/12/2012

I want those hot Ford Brothers back.

by Anonymousreply 5004/12/2012

Not to piss on anyone's parade but has ABC actually confirmed ANY of this? Every article states "according to Deadline". When did legitimate news organizations start quoting gossip sites as sources? GH still needs a timeslot for next fall.

by Anonymousreply 5104/12/2012

I read a rumor a while back that GH's RC and FV want to do a gay storyline on GH too. I hope they bring on OLTL's "Kish."

by Anonymousreply 5204/12/2012

R51, Deadline is marginally more reliable than a gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 5304/12/2012

Cancelled? Good!

by Anonymousreply 5404/12/2012

Speaking of the Ford bros... David Gregory was on Gossip Girl Monday night. Don't know if it's recurring. And yes they showed a brief glimpse of his six pack. And Nic Robuck was on one episode of Ringer

by Anonymousreply 5504/12/2012

Gee Ty Pennington had two shows cancelled this year. What ever will become of him?

by Anonymousreply 5604/12/2012

Maybe he can become Katie's sidekick.

by Anonymousreply 5704/12/2012

R51, I guess you cannot read.

The changes are all listed in the article at R39 which says that ABC HAS CONFIRMED THE CHANGES.

R42, R47 is too stupid and pedantic to read the article at R39 too, mouthing off with his ridiculous 'um' which he thinks is a clever putdown, rather than a hackneyed dopey trite overused word used by imbeciles

by Anonymousreply 5804/12/2012

[quote]Gee Ty Pennington had two shows cancelled this year. What ever will become of him?

Maybe he can give surfing lessons to old men who like to think they're still teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 5904/12/2012

The Revolution will not be televised!

by Anonymousreply 6004/12/2012

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Tim Gunn's a doll & deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 6104/12/2012

Strasser has tweeted that she's moving to LA and looking forward to "seeing her GH friends."

I wonder if that means she got a call from FV/RC...

by Anonymousreply 6204/13/2012

Maybe on the same Planet Robin where she had to stop tweeting because of a potental book deal.

by Anonymousreply 6304/13/2012

speaking of books, R63, I hear one is coming out on Bill Bell by his widow, Lee Phillip Bell.

Not expecting a ton o' dish, but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 6404/13/2012

When is that chew show going? I mean even the limping version of AMC they had left in the last days was better than that drivel. Who in the hell did the research for those replacements? Cooking shows are what I watch food network for, and on top of that there are already too many daytime talk shows. It's overload.

I think they won't dump it though unless the viewership dips below a 1.1 or something. It's more about the cost savings than the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 6504/13/2012

r65, The Chew actually gets decent ratings, somewhat on par with AMC. However, The Revolution lost about 50% of OLTL's audience in the last year.

by Anonymousreply 6604/13/2012

I would love for Robin to write a tell-all. Now that would be juicy.

by Anonymousreply 6704/13/2012

So let me get this straight-- my adorable Trevor IS coming to GH?? Will I be able to figure out what is going on? I have never in my life watched this show..

although I was in a production of Mame with Constance Towers. She is on this right?

by Anonymousreply 6804/13/2012

I find it hysterical that the first 2 OLTLers they bring to GH are the same 2 who had a hand in killing OLTL in its final years. The focus on John McBain and Starr was horrific. Valentini and Carlivati do not deserve praise, IMO. They are not innovative nor creative - they continue on the same disgustingly bad train ride.

by Anonymousreply 6904/13/2012

Starr Manning is not going over with the GH audience and I just read that FV and RC are aware of it and may change the direction of the character. I hope the direction is out of town.

by Anonymousreply 7004/13/2012

I told you. Women and gay men want to see the Ford Bros. shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 7104/13/2012

I'm not so sure that FV/RC really care what the current GH fans think. GH was tanking in the ratings before they showed up. OLTL in it's last months was beating GH by huge numbers in the ratings. If FV/RC can turn it into a hybrid GH/OLTL, they may think they can get better ratings by losing the Sonny/Jason rabid fangurls and bringing in the old OLTL viewers.

by Anonymousreply 7204/13/2012

It seemed like they were going to turn Star evil and have her seduce Michael for revenge. That could have been fun but not sure KA is strong enough of an actress to have pulled that off. Part of the problem also is they have not yet intergrated her with the rest of the cast yet. McBain has been around a few weeks and he's already got ties to Anna, Sonny, and Sam and is weaved into the story. Star still seems so isolated, but that may change when Todd returns.

by Anonymousreply 7304/13/2012

[quote]Strasser has tweeted that she's moving to LA and looking forward to "seeing her GH friends."

Robin's been saying that for a year now. Maybe she's been waiting for her lease to be up from that apartment she's renting in Harlem.

by Anonymousreply 7404/13/2012

Here is an idea. Why not create new characters and situations and leave the OLTL characters with their happy ending from January? Did you need John McBain? Why not create a new cop character for Michael Easton? Michael needed a love interest? Why Starr Manning? Couldn't Kristen Alderson have played Serena Baldwin? Or some other character? Roger Howarth is talented enough to play a brand new character.

by Anonymousreply 7504/13/2012

So McBain left Natalie behind? How did they explain that on GH? I guess I will start watching this if my beloved Trevor does return. And if it is true about Dorian coming.. a definite yes!

by Anonymousreply 7604/13/2012

How does Michael Easton keep getting work?

by Anonymousreply 7704/13/2012

I did make some attempt at acknowledging that r66, my only point is that (and yes I realize this makes business sense) while they are pulling similar if not slightly lower numbers without spending as much money, they were stupid to think they could replace three hours of script with three hours of a nonstop yap fest.

I am in the key demo they are going after and I just don't even watch TV anymore because there are too many uninformed nuts being given a full hour to yap away about their personal opinions. What part of that is suppose to be entertaining? Not to mention three hours of it after GMA and the View.

At any rate I wish they would bring OLTL back, but the mouse doesn't like to admit when they are wrong. They will bulldoze right along determined to make nonstop "reality" programming work for them. It won't.

by Anonymousreply 7804/13/2012

Is it for sure TSJ is coming to GH too or is it still rumor at this point?

by Anonymousreply 7904/13/2012

I need to contact vikioflaNNfair with this exciting news. However, I have no way now that Vera's Stalkin Broadway board was taken down!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8004/13/2012

r79, it's still a rumor.

Tea will be on GH for a while and Todd is on contract, so the rumor is that the resolution to the Two Todds storyline will play out in Port Chuck and Victor will be revealed to be alive. Rumor has it whoever is holding Robin also has Vic.

by Anonymousreply 8104/13/2012

[quote]Rumor has it whoever is holding Robin also has Vic.

But we already know who has Victor. It's Allison Perkins.

by Anonymousreply 8204/13/2012

[quote]But we already know who has Victor. It's Allison Perkins.

Allison could have sold her prisoner to Cesar Faison or Stefano DiMera or any number of people.

Allison had no connection to Todd/Victor. Allison's connection was to Jessica, Natalie and Viki, all via Mitch.

by Anonymousreply 8304/13/2012

Dorian is a doctor, but oh no that would make no sense on General Mobsital.

by Anonymousreply 8404/13/2012

Just asking, but why would General Hospital fans care about the Victor storyline? Allison Perkins or any of this? Do they want to trade the Sonny and Jason Hour for the Todd/Victor/Starr/McBain Hour?

by Anonymousreply 8504/13/2012

Guess everyone found 'The Revolution' revolting!

What dumb ass thought up that name anyway?

by Anonymousreply 8604/13/2012

Is Spinnelli dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 8704/13/2012

Was the point of Spinelli's character a "Passions" direction GH wanted to take? I'm just curious. It seems like it.

by Anonymousreply 8804/13/2012

I walked past ABC on 68th yesterday and they had Katie Cuntric's photo up in the lobby with all the other hosts/newscasters. Why do people keep hiring that troll? I predict her show will fail. I'd rather see an hour of commercials than her orange face.

by Anonymousreply 8904/13/2012

by Anonymousreply 9004/13/2012

Didn't the actor who plays Mitch also appear on GH at one time? He was the fevered minister of a cult. Long time ago. It was the first I'd seen of him.

by Anonymousreply 9104/13/2012

It's pretty simple to figure out why they didn't create new characters; they're trying to up their ratings by bringing over OLTL viewers. As to who is holding Robin, it's already been announced in the press that it is Cesar Faison.

by Anonymousreply 9204/13/2012

Well, bringing over the OLTLers hasn't upped any ratings. The latest that came out was they lost 11,000 more viewers last week. I am not surprised the ratings for these things are in the toilet. Besides the fact that they are dreadful now, the internet and spoilers tell you everything that is going to happen so for many people I guess they figure why bother?

by Anonymousreply 9304/13/2012

You make a good point about spoilers, r93.

But their new lead-in was getting half the viewers One Life was getting. Of course GH's ratings are going to go down.

by Anonymousreply 9404/13/2012

R84, Dorian hadn't practiced medicine in many years. These days she's a Pennsylvania Senator.

by Anonymousreply 9504/13/2012

I agree with R96. However the networks need to develop primetime soaps like the Brits have (EASTENDERS, CORONATION STREET and EMMERDALE).

by Anonymousreply 9704/13/2012

Thanks for your input, r96, it is appreciated. Moron.

by Anonymousreply 9804/13/2012

I think the last Revolution should have Alison Perkins standing over Ty and Tim bound and gagged in bed.

by Anonymousreply 9904/15/2012

LOLOLOLOLOL!!! You cracked me up with that one R99! WW 4 you!

by Anonymousreply 10004/15/2012

Shouldn't that magazine ABC SOAPS be retitled ABC SOAP?

by Anonymousreply 10104/15/2012

[94] Lead-in shows don't have that kind of effect when you are talking about a show that has almost been on the air for 50 years. If people want to watch General Hospital they will; their ratings were falling when OLTL was in front of them; people know when and where they are on and if they are interested they will watch it - period. They lost their audience long before and continue to lose it because it just gets worse.

by Anonymousreply 10204/15/2012

r.102, Lead-in shows are hugely important no matter how long a show has been on. Very often a long-running show is moved behind a newer show or a new show is put on in front of it and the ratings plummet. The fact is that while GH's numbers were plummeting, OLTL's were rising but Frons wanted OLTL gone.

by Anonymousreply 10304/15/2012

Now some gossip people are saying maybe only 6 months more for GH, not a year, so they can be on the air for their 50th anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 10404/16/2012

[103] So you just contradicted yourself. When they had a stronger lead in their ratings were still plummeting. They continue to plummet because of bad writing not a bad lead in- believe what you want to believe.

by Anonymousreply 10504/16/2012

[quote]Anyone ever hear of Angiosarcoma?

It's cancer of the blood vessels. It is very aggressive, and because of where it's located, metastasizes very easily.

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 10704/16/2012

I've really begun to love, "The Chew." The 5 of them have real chemistry. Daphne Oz is their Debbie Matanopolos though.

by Anonymousreply 10804/16/2012

It seems that way VOTN. If you read through Raven's posts it seems that it has gone everywhere in her body and every medical report she gets is worse than the one before. I started to cry when I read her saying how she hoped for once she would catch a break. I honestly don't know how she is able to stay sane. She must be so terrified and in so much pain. Is it a rare cancer? It seems many have never heard of it.

I can see why so many actors and even this actor from Gray's Anatomy and the crew of GH too are reaching out to Raven sending her videos on her FB page. I think anyone that reads what she's going through just shudders and is thankful it's not them and terrified that such a cancer exists. It seems to be one of the worst kinds anyone can get. It's like hearing someone has Lou Gehrig's Disease. You know they've got something, as you said, you would not wish on your worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 10904/16/2012

Whoever posted about moving soaps to late afternoon or nighttime ala the UK (Coronation St etc.) is onto something. Soaps aren't dead here in the US, they need better writing and a time slot where people can watch them (many people tivo and watch in the evenings when they get home)...Oprah should also think of this route now that OWN has tanked - putting together a version of her talk show for 1 or 2 hrs once/week in primetime, taped in LA rather than Chicago. The format of that show is what made her, people want to see HER interacting with subjects in front of a live audience, and not a bunch of watered-down verions of her/her former show.

by Anonymousreply 11004/16/2012

R110, I think soaps do very well in many other countries. They should try everything that can be done to save them in the US and not keep doing same ol', same ol'.

by Anonymousreply 11104/16/2012

It is so unjust and very wrong that the man who cancelled All My Children and One Life to Live (Byron Frons or whatever) is no longer with ABC -

so if another person had been in his position at ABC, AMC and OLTL maybe or probably would not have been cancelled -

and then he leaves shortly after announcing the cancellation of the two soaps.

very wrong

by Anonymousreply 11204/16/2012

I agree R12 but at least we're getting sort of a very half assed OLTL in GH. Not that GH fans are too happy about it. My heart always belonged first to OLTL. I watched it my entire life.

by Anonymousreply 11304/16/2012

r112 ABC cancelled those shows, Frons was just the axeman for the network. He had no real say in what went on, just delivered/executed the blow. ABC wants fully out of all of the soaps eventually - too much effort to produce for too little return. They're lazy.

by Anonymousreply 11404/16/2012

R114 is correct; Brian may have been in charge of ABC Daytime, but people above him sign off on the official axing.

Of course, he never should have allowed AMC to kill off Dixie with those poisoned pancakes.

And he let Greenleaves leave and come back and leave again and come back and the writers had to pick up instantly when she came back from when she left. Whatever Ryan was doing at the time went out the window.

Ridiculous; these shows needed/need writers.

by Anonymousreply 11504/17/2012

But r.114 & r.115, if you deliberately interfere and destroy the soaps (as Frons did with AMC and, to a lesser extent, OLTL)then he is AS responsible for their demise. He did at CBS with SEARCH and then when he went to NBC, he finished the job.

by Anonymousreply 11604/17/2012

by Anonymousreply 11704/17/2012

GH needs a new story line, I'm really tired of criminals. killings and the characters of Sam and her husband what's his name with the blue eyes. I hate the way Sam whispers~I have to adjust the volume everytime she speaks. Personally, I liked Revolution much better than the stupid Chew show on ABC

by Anonymousreply 11809/08/2012

Revolution was NOT cancelled.

It is coming back March 25th!!

by Anonymousreply 11903/13/2013

R119, you're so silly!

by Anonymousreply 12003/13/2013

What's Ty doing these days?

by Anonymousreply 12103/13/2013

i went to a taping. the cheap bastards gave me nothing.

and the show was pretty boring.

by Anonymousreply 12205/04/2013

Why would you cancel a great show like that just goes to show you what this worlds coming to

by Anonymousreply 12302/19/2014

I think R119 and R123 are talking about the NBC nighttime series "Revolution." Either that, or they're incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 12402/19/2014

Rumors still floating about AMC and OLTL back on ABC in :30 format. The affiliates want it.

by Anonymousreply 12502/19/2014

Actually the nighttime show is considered a toss-up for renewal or cancellation. If it gets renewed for a 3rd season, it'll probably get a 4th too, because that's what needed for syndication. So they'd actually be renewing it for 2 seasons, which might be too much of a commitment for the network, considering its low ratings. And how low they'd get by the 4th season.

by Anonymousreply 12602/19/2014

Please don't get my hopes up r125

by Anonymousreply 12702/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!