Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Randy Travis sued by ex-wife

Randy Travis is being sued by his ex-wife and former manager.

Travis says the lawsuit filed last week by Elizabeth Travis lacks merit and that it's "unfortunate that it's come to this."

But the country music star in the statement from his publicist doesn't address her claim that he hired men to strip...

by Anonymousreply 8009/08/2013

If this heats up anymore, she'll probably out him.

by Anonymousreply 204/12/2012

Link R3, to ANYTHING that even remotely proves what you're stating.

by Anonymousreply 404/12/2012

I live in Nashville and I'm in the music business. TIm McGraw is completely totally and unequivocaly straight. Hustling rap sheets? WTF are you talking about? That's how rumours start. Before he bulked up and started dressing better -- after he become famous -- he was exceptionally plain looking and completely ordinary. And , to repeat myself, straight. Randy, on the other hand, I have no idea about. I've seen him here and there, and I don't get a vibe from him either way. He doesn't live in Nashville, so there aren't that many stories about him.

by Anonymousreply 1004/13/2012

[quote]Hard to hide sexuality from someone you both live and work with.

He didn't have to hide it - that's why he married her. Honestly, Randy Travis being gay is old news.

by Anonymousreply 1104/13/2012

[quote]He didn't have to hide it - that's why he married her.

And she knew it's why he married her. She was his business manager and knew the money train would stop if he was known to be gay. Perhaps she was the one who suggested the marriage/bearding.

by Anonymousreply 1204/13/2012

What kind of moron actually believes Randy is straight?!!!

by Anonymousreply 1304/13/2012

If she is a beard why wouldnt she reveal it now that they are on the outs and he is supposedly harassing her? Thats some powerful ammunition she has. Doesnt make sense that he wouldnt be tripping over himself to make her happy.

No I'm with R8. This is just typical DL bs. Let the straights have him.

by Anonymousreply 1404/13/2012

Oh geez, everyone know he's gay. Rumors about him were building when he suddenly married his much older manager. It wasn't a marriage. It was a business arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 1504/13/2012

Then why isnt he grovelling to keep her quiet over it. She could end his career in a Matt Lauer segment, so why isnt he giving her everything she wants?

Sorry just cant suspend disbelief to accept that story.

by Anonymousreply 1604/13/2012

I don't know R14, but I remember when it happened very well, and it was exactly as I described. There were rumors circulating, and getting louder, that he was gay. And then out of nowhere his manager divorced her husband and married Travis. It didn't pass the smell test, and still doesn't.

It's also really strange that she's remaining as his business manager.

by Anonymousreply 1704/13/2012

She might potentially have a stake in his future earnings and if any more information got out that he's gay might damage it. The stripper thing may be a warning shot. She was his manager and wife for two decades. She wouldn't be the first spouse who said they invested in their ex so they deserve a slice of future profit and won in court.

by Anonymousreply 1804/13/2012

Randy Travis being gay is something I thought was well known to pretty much everyone except maybe some fraus in the midwest.

Tim McGraw, on the other hand - I don't believe at all that he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 1904/13/2012

She is not going to say anything if she expects to get something out of this. No [r10] he is not. He has history--Tim dabbled. Does he identify as gay? I don't know. I do know he has fucked rent boys.

by Anonymousreply 2004/13/2012

And and [r10] there are not that many stories about Randy? Huh? What?

by Anonymousreply 2104/13/2012

married w/no family members present. I take it his family wasn't thrilled.

by Anonymousreply 2304/14/2012

I had the chance to sit next to him and his wife and listen to them talk for around 20 minutes. They just talked about business stuff - nothing else, there was no affection - nothing I would expect from a married couple. She was a lot older than him and he was really ugly. I thought she was a lesbian, and that's not a criticism in anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2404/14/2012

So what kind of strippers did he hire? I heard he likes black men.

by Anonymousreply 2504/14/2012

liked his voice and his early records. Also dig Travis, Tritt & Ty. Love them all! See you at happy hour at Abbey. Kisses,

by Anonymousreply 2604/14/2012

Is he even significant in country music circles now? He seems like an 80's/early 90's kind of celebrity. I never liked his bony craggy face either. Come to think of it, the sound of his voice weirded me out too. But I know back then he was heralded as a return to traditional country. Well, that came full circle didn't it? Now these country divas sound like pop music with the occasional steel guitar in the mix (which can be removed for VH1 and AOR stations)

by Anonymousreply 2704/14/2012

r10, Nashville insider: is it true that Jeff Bridges paid for Kim Carnes' recent plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 2804/14/2012

[quote] Is he even significant in country music circles now?

No, he is pretty much irrelevant in country music now, and has been for quite a long time.

by Anonymousreply 2904/14/2012

What R17 said. Yup.

by Anonymousreply 3104/14/2012

Sometimes the managers or publicist will marry their gay client. It's standard procedure.

by Anonymousreply 3204/14/2012

"Honestly, Randy Travis being gay is old news."

More like no news. I've never heard these rumors except on here.

And looking "baffled" doesn't equate being homophobic. Many people I knew thought Adam looked like guy from PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE and not in a good way. It had nothing to do with being gay.

by Anonymousreply 3304/14/2012

"he was really ugly."

What shit taste you have. Randy Travis was never ugly. Many women lusted after him in the eighties to early nineties. Similar to Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 3404/14/2012

His fan girls don't think he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 3504/14/2012

Is she a great big fat person?

by Anonymousreply 3604/14/2012

Isn't she about 20 years older than him, which would put her in her seventies. I feel a bit sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 3704/14/2012

R3 is just some deluded queen who's obviously off his meds. Tim McGraw may be VERY gay friendly, but he is about as close to being gay as I am close to being straight.

by Anonymousreply 3804/14/2012

I never found him attractive (I'm a guy), but many women do, or did.

On the other hand, he had a very muscled, hot body for a long time. He showed it off in some of his videos. He wasn't working out for his wife/business manager's benefit, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 3904/14/2012

Randy in real life is about 5'4" tall. He's a dwarf. Early in his career he was relatively handsome and had a fantastic body. He still has a good toned body, but that face looks like it's been through a meat grinder. He looks worse than the Crypt Keeper.

by Anonymousreply 4004/14/2012

I've heard rumors about Randy. I thought it was pretty much a given. I also heard about Tim McGraw being a cheap parking lot hustler in his early days. Never heard anything about Tim actually being gay though. Have heard a lot of rumors about Faith Hill and Martina McBride as girlfriends though. Also a lot of rumors about Faith without the Martina aspect thrown in.

They make a cute couple and when caught off guard they sometimes let the butch slip.

by Anonymousreply 4104/14/2012

I know the bio says Travis was 17 when he met his manager/wife but he was actually 15.

As for the rumors about him being gay, I heard those when I worked at a music store in the 1980s. That was long before Datalounge existed.

by Anonymousreply 4204/14/2012

Sorry [r38] McGraw may not identify as such but he has gone there. Ask Ty Herndon about their Vegas trips.

by Anonymousreply 4304/14/2012

I'm the Nashville guy. Martina and Faith are just friends, that's all. Faith is actually very very sweet and unassuming. Her eyes are gorgeous. And she is nice. Martina is a little cold and not terribly friendly, but I don't get a gay vibe from her at all. She works closely with her husband, and she is totally devoted to her daughters and appears to be a good, hands on mother. And Tim and Faith are both liberals in a very conservative town, and I give them credit for that. And Tim is straight. No ifs ands or buts. He's straight.

by Anonymousreply 4404/15/2012

PS -- Nashville guy here. I have no idea if Jeff Bridges paid for Kim Carnes' plastic surgery. I had never heard that. She always seems to have money, but I have no idea from where. She didn't write "Bette Davis Eyes" -- Jackie Deshannon did -- and she didn't have a long enough touring career to make big bucks. I haven't seen her in ages.

by Anonymousreply 4504/15/2012

sorry [r44] Tim has dabbled in the past. They are truly great people. I love them, but he has been there and done that. Sorry, honey, I know you want to protect his rep.

by Anonymousreply 4604/15/2012

And, he's a conflicted, self-loathing closet case.

by Anonymousreply 4704/15/2012

I think Randy Travis still looks very attractive and I'm not a straight woman. Surely there must have been other gay men like me who found him sexy, so I disagree that he was only liked by the frau brigade.

by Anonymousreply 4804/15/2012

Even though I luked Randy Travis's music better I was a sucker for George Strait's pretty face.

Speaking of, Nashville Insider, years ago I met a country music A&R woman in a gay bar. She was drunk and gossipy and confirmed the Randy Travis rumor but also made the statement, "George Strait, not very!" Have you ever heard gay rumors about George? Aside from that woman, I never have but would love to entertain a few.

by Anonymousreply 5004/15/2012

There've been rumors posted here before of George Strait's alleged taste for twinks and room-service waiters.

by Anonymousreply 5104/15/2012

Does anyone know what the measurement is of Randy Travis' face from the bottom of his chin to the top of his forehead? It's got to be a few yards at least.

by Anonymousreply 5204/15/2012

Let's not turn this into a Tim McGraw thread. Poster #3 meant Ty Herndon, not Tim McGraw.

by Anonymousreply 5304/15/2012

Seriously, R4? You need a link to tell you what anyone can see from space? Randy Travis is gay, gay, GAY!

The reason RT was horrified by Adam Lambert on Idol was because he was intimidated by him. Randy is an aging, has-been, country crooner cowering in the closet. He was forced to mentor a flamboyant, unapologetic gay man with talent, confidence, brains and balls. His knew Adam had his number too. RT looked stricken with fear when they were introduced.

Anyway, here's your link for "proof." Truly, all you need is a pic of his much older, fat. fugly wife. Nothing screams beard louder.

by Anonymousreply 5404/15/2012

R50, I always heard it as "George Isn't Strait", but he sure is pretty, even now.

by Anonymousreply 5504/15/2012

Will Randy get brave and come out? Or will he kill himself?

by Anonymousreply 5604/16/2012

"What shit taste you have. Randy Travis was never ugly. Many women lusted after him in the eighties to early nineties. Similar to Elvis."

NOT similar to Elvis. Elvis was sexy and good-looking. Travis was NEVER sexy and good-looking.

Travis has passably attractive when he was younger, but he always had an inbred white trash look about him. Today he looks ghastly, what with his skinny bod and wrinkled, gaunt Frankenstein monster head. He looks BAD.

by Anonymousreply 5704/16/2012

Yes he had that white trash look but he was still good looking.

by Anonymousreply 5804/16/2012

Are you really trying to equate Randy Travis with Elvis?

by Anonymousreply 5904/16/2012

No, I wasn't. I just think Randy Travis is attractive.

by Anonymousreply 6004/16/2012

Cripes that Randy Travis is UGLY!

by Anonymousreply 6104/16/2012

Congratz #10 but can you say Tim does not hire rent boyz because he likes sex with men? News flash for you Kenny Chesney is a mo too.

by Anonymousreply 6204/16/2012

The Nashville music guy. I'm back. I don't know anything about George Strait at all. I think people might say "not so straight" etc has more to do with trying to be clever, than with anything that's true. People used to call Reba the red snapper because they thought it was funny, and she started to get a reputation as being mean. She is anything but. But Strait? idk. He's handsome as hell, and I met one guy who swears he fucked him, but I don't exactly trust this guy. Strait spends about 2 weeks in Nashville, only when he's recording vocals for his cd -- so there aren't that many stories. I would say straight, though.

by Anonymousreply 6304/16/2012

[r3] meant Tim. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 6404/16/2012

randy has been my favorite for 26 years. I remember the rumors very was told that he and lib were always an item, but it was decided to keep their relationship a secret due to the difference in age AND his popularity with the female audience would suffer if he was married to an older women. I choose to believe that this is the TRUTH. I met him in 2003 and he was a very gentle spirited person, kind from what I seen. I have seen him 20 times in concert and I have all of his music....I will do nothing but pray for him about his troubles....I BELIEVE ALCOHOL AND DRINKING AGAIN IS THE ROOT OF ALL. WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED TO HEAR HE CHEATED THOUGH. I dont believe she derserved that after all she has done for him by his own aknowledgements. Still a fan!

by Anonymousreply 6509/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 6609/15/2012

WTF are you doing here, crazy-r67?!

by Anonymousreply 6809/07/2013

u need some edumactin. thank godness u've found DL.

by Anonymousreply 6909/07/2013

Don't feed the troll.

It's nearly impossible for any born again to misspell Christian, but it's utterly impossible for them to not capitalize the word Christ. Doesn't happen. Move along. This is a fake, folks.

by Anonymousreply 7009/08/2013

Older or not, gotta' give it to him .... HOT!

by Anonymousreply 7109/08/2013

I love his hairy body, R71. His trimming is that a recent pic?

by Anonymousreply 7209/08/2013

How often would a 29-year-old man with money and endless options get married to some broad in her 40's? THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. I say, beard city.

by Anonymousreply 7309/08/2013

Yes, R73. It appeared in People magazine a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 7409/08/2013

To the Tim McGraw isn't gay people, he was just outted this week in the National Enquirer. Faith has left him.

See link.

by Anonymousreply 7509/08/2013

I'm glad to see this thread again. Several months ago there was a Travis thread where someone denied that there was ever a DL thread that mentioned he hired male strippers.

by Anonymousreply 7609/08/2013

[quote]I think Randy Travis still looks very attractive and I'm not a straight woman. Surely there must have been other gay men like me who found him sexy, so I disagree that he was only liked by the frau brigade

This isn't surprising. There are gay men who think Kevin James and John Goodman are sexy hunks and others who think Lurch (Addams Family) is attractive.

by Anonymousreply 7709/08/2013

A guy I worked with and became good friends with was 28 and married a 46 year old woman who was attractive in an average way with a normal body (decent boobs, I guess, but not the kind of body that guys stared at). He was really good looking (to both straight and gay), but he fell in love with this woman and never looked back. The funny thing is that he was head over heels for her (she was really, really funny and really, really smart and so was he), but many people assumed from that point on that he was gay. I know he's the exception, not the rule, but it does happen.

That being said, Randy Travis is a big ol' fairy.

by Anonymousreply 7809/08/2013

Is he still at death's door?

by Anonymousreply 7909/08/2013

r79 Back in January, I really thought so. He was plastered 24/7 and had several DUI's. I haven't had an update since then.

by Anonymousreply 8009/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!