Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Scandal with Kerry Washington on ABC

Worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 50710/04/2013

It is atrocious. Shonda tries Sorkin and fails.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2012

Just couldn't get into it. It was just too contrived. It also seemed like it borrowed the premise of just about every other show on ABC and threw it together.

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2012

Why does all the dialogue have to be spouted at breakneck speed? It was incredibly annoying and contrived and ultimately led me to delete it from my queue. Too bad...Guillermo Diaz is in it.

by Anonymousreply 604/10/2012

I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 704/10/2012

She is shouting all of her lines in an effort to sound "authoritative".

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2012

Grey's Anatomy in the West Wing.

Even the once-hot Tony Goldwyn as the President couldn't save it.

And despite the TON of promotion ABC did, the first showing on Friday was so low in the ratings, the network felt the need to rerun on Monday after DWTS.

Even SMASH did better in the overnights.

It's toast. Shonda finally has a failure.

by Anonymousreply 1004/10/2012

[quote]It's toast. Shonda finally has a failure.

Shonda already has a failure. It was called Off The Map and starred Mamie "Meryl's Girl" Gummer as an earnest young doctor in the jungle.

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2012

Was Michael Cassidy in it? I love him.

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2012

I love Kerry Washington. She's sexy, funny, and a versatile actress. I love Shonda Rhimes and was so excited to read the Scandal credits to see that she is writer and executive producer. Awesome! I think Kerry needs to work some more on her character - to find out who she is. I got bored after a while on the first episode, and Kerry Washington does not bore me. Her character was so over the top and unrealistic in the opening scene with the gangsters and the money. Kerry's character was too humphrey bogart in the way she was spouting off those lines to the bad guys. It was hard to believe that anyone could talk like that bad guys - much less a woman. They would have killed her for not giving them the amount of cash they were expecting. Anyway, I didn't stick around for the second act but I'll try again next week.

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2012

Oh my lor, the guy interviewing the girl in the bar was talking so fast and you could hear him gasping for breath, so obnoxious!

by Anonymousreply 1404/10/2012

Cannot STAND Kerry Washington. So full of herself.

by Anonymousreply 1504/10/2012

[quote]And despite the TON of promotion ABC did, the first showing on Friday was so low in the ratings, the network felt the need to rerun on Monday after DWTS.

Scandal premiered on Thursday night in the PP time-slot at 10pm. It reportedly got "solid" or "ok" numbers but by no means a runaway hit.

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2012

[quote]Even SMASH did better in the overnights.

Scandal's encore performance (6.74)came in second behind Hawaii 5-0 (10.19) on Monday night at 10pm and just ahead of Smash (6.02) helping ABC to win the night.

by Anonymousreply 1704/10/2012

[quote]It's toast. Shonda finally has a failure.

Shonda has already had a failure. Just ask Meryl's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 1804/10/2012

I don't know why the new girl is being such a cry baby over Olivia Pope telling the girl who had the affair with the president to leave town. She is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1904/10/2012

What happened to Patty Smith? To most fans Patty's sound IS Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 2004/10/2012

I liked it, so there bitches.

by Anonymousreply 2204/11/2012 this show. If you can't keep up with the speed, says more about you than the show1

by Anonymousreply 2305/04/2012

I've heard this show is good, and should probably give it a chance, but there's something about Kerry Washington that puts me off. She has no gravitas. Can you imagine if someone like Viola Davis played this character? I'd be there in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 2405/04/2012

So if it wasn't clear the VP is the one behind the shadiness putting the intern girl up to blackmailing the president, then when they introduced VP as SHOCKER a female in tonight's episode it was perfectly clear.

I enjoy this show but I hate the way they write all the Republicans from a Democrat perspective, just like they used to do on Brothers and Sisters.

Why not just make the politicians Democrats and save us all the trouble.

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2012

LOVE THIS SHOW!! I love the chemistry bwt Oliva and Fitz...cannot wait for next week's show. The torture scene with Huck was awesome!! That motherfucker is scary!!

This show WILL have a 2nd season - the numbers have been good and steady!

by Anonymousreply 2605/04/2012

During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC freshman Scandal finished in a virtual-tie with CBS’ time-period established The Mentalist for #1 in Adults 18-49 (tie in audience share). Versus its freshman drama competition in the slot, ABC’s Scandal soared over NBC’s Awake by 214% in Total Viewers, by 200% in Adults 25-54 and by 150% in Adults 18-49. In addition, Scandal took full control of The Mentalist with Adults 18-34 (+56%) and won its slot for the 4th week running with key Women (W18-49/W25-54). Despite going up against all first-run competition, ABC’s Scandal held even week to week in Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54, while growing 8% in Adults 18-34 to match series highs across all 3 Nielsen measures.

by Anonymousreply 2705/04/2012

I love this show! I do not trust the first lady one bit, I think she's been setting Olivia up from the begining. Telling that they haven't yet revealed who Amanda was working with/ what she was lying about.

by Anonymousreply 2805/04/2012

Some of the message boards thinks its the who is blackmailing the President. The First Lady knows there is something going on bwt Olivia and Fitz. The stories are so juicy that I can't take it.

There are two more episodes left in the season.

by Anonymousreply 2905/04/2012

The VP....sorry for typo.

by Anonymousreply 3005/04/2012

I liked it right away and hope it lasts, Kerry is great in it.

by Anonymousreply 3105/06/2012

i tried watching it, seriously boring, like anything shonda does anyway

by Anonymousreply 3205/06/2012

Lovely show, I hope it lasts, I live the strong chemistry between the president and Liv!

by Anonymousreply 3305/10/2012

Tonight's episode is going to be off the chain!! Hot Hot Hot!! They're doing flashbacks to how the relationship started bwt Olivia and the President.

I'm living in Europe so I have to wait until Friday to watch Thursday's episode online. I can't wait!!!

by Anonymousreply 3405/10/2012

It has potential but needs work. The idea that she is decisive enough to run this perfect agency and then turns into a puddle around the president doesn't really fly.

by Anonymousreply 3505/10/2012

R35, But that's the point! She can fix the problems of her high powered clients, but cannot fix her own issues. That makes Olivia human. Would you watch a show if the lead character had no flaws? The President is her kryptonite.

by Anonymousreply 3605/10/2012

Fantastic show last night! Please ABC renew this show!!

by Anonymousreply 3705/11/2012

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! It's been renewed for a 2nd season. So fucking happy!!

by Anonymousreply 3805/11/2012

I've been reading good things about this show, and now I may have to start watching.

by Anonymousreply 3905/11/2012

You go Shonda! Make that money, girl!

By the way, Tony Goldwyn is STILL hot. I'd fuck around with him.

by Anonymousreply 4005/11/2012

Put me down for really liking it. Amazing chemistry between those two! Moves quickly, full of surprises but not too far fetched. Maybe a few too many characters. It needs tweaking but I'm really glad it's being brought back.

by Anonymousreply 4105/11/2012

I love this show! Last night's episode was great. Happy to see it's been renewed for another season... The chemistry between K. Washington and T. Goldwyn is off the chain. ..can't wait for the season finale next week!

by Anonymousreply 4205/11/2012

Tony always has great chemistry with his female co-stars. He and Gina Gershon steamed up the screen in "Love Matters", and he was great with Lynn Whitfield in "Taking the Heat". He and Demi even had a little somethin' somethin' in "Ghost", despite the fact that he was a creep.

by Anonymousreply 4305/11/2012

That was him in Taking the Heat? Damn, I actually think he looks better. And yeah he had great chemistry with Lynn and has it again with Kerry. I missed the last episode am just about to start it on On Demand.

by Anonymousreply 4405/12/2012

He was so hot in Taking the Heat, walking around with in his underwear.

In Love Matters, he and Gina Gerson spend a large portion of the movie buck naked and having hot sex all over Griffin Dunne and Annette O'Toole's house.

by Anonymousreply 4505/12/2012

Tony is 52 years old and his body is hot! This week's episode he went shirtless and hot damn I was turned on! I'm looking for an image to post from Thursday's episode of his body.

by Anonymousreply 4605/12/2012

SCANDAL is tv drama on steroids, and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 4705/12/2012

Well, here's Tony's body from years back. It is an old picture, but it pretty much still looks the same nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 4805/12/2012

I'm so glad Scandal was renewed, I love Kerry Washington in it and Tony Goldwyn is really sexy, other than seeing him in the Pelican Brief, he's not someone I really paid much attention to but he has this vibe about him on Scandal that is very appealing. I don't think this show's premise has ever been explored on TV before which makes it even better.

by Anonymousreply 4905/12/2012

Found it!!! This is the from Thursday's night hot and heavy episode. Tony's body is hot!

by Anonymousreply 5005/12/2012

Tony was so hot in an episode of "The L Word" where he played a closeted gay movie star. This entire scene is worth watching for his performance alone (and the bod, of course).

by Anonymousreply 5105/12/2012

[quote]Tony Goldwyn ‏ @tonygoldwyn Thanks for all the #ScandalLove Tweetpeople!!! Retweeted by kerry washington

by Anonymousreply 5205/12/2012

Get ready Gladiators!! Season Finale tonight at 10pm!!!

by Anonymousreply 5305/17/2012

Did someone say Kerry McNally? Did you get to see his feets?

by Anonymousreply 5405/17/2012

Tony Goldwyn was in Denver for the DNC in 08 and I saw him. He purty.

by Anonymousreply 5505/18/2012

The season finale was brilliant! The First Lady is Lady Macbeth incarnate...just ruthless. Don't fuck with her! I love the fast pace of this show. It's like a drug.

Fitz and Olivia's relationship is such a heart-breaking romance. Once again Olivia broke The President's heart.

So many unanswered questions. Who the hell is Quinn? Will Cyrus be caught for his deadly deed? Will the First Lady get her blackmail baby?

The ratings for last night's finale was the best of the season...up 26%! The 2nd season is going to be AMAZING! See you in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 5605/18/2012

I really like it and am surprised to discover how hot Kerry Washington is. But anyone who watches needs to go in understanding that this is a Shonda Rhimes production so basically a soap opera no matter the setting.

by Anonymousreply 5705/18/2012

I would have much rather have seen Jackée Harry in the lead role.

by Anonymousreply 5805/18/2012

[quote]I enjoy this show but I hate the way they write all the Republicans from a [bold]Democrat[/bold] perspective...

The word is Democratic. If you don't want to be perceived as stupid by Democrats and independents, stop revealing that you are almost illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 6005/18/2012

WTF is Kerry Washington and where do you people know her from? How random.

by Anonymousreply 6105/18/2012

its grown on me, i hated it at first for being to showy and melodramatic but then i slapped my self open handed across my face and realized its entertainment not a documentary. so chill and relax

I really dig the president played by Tony Goldwyn mmmm really hot for a 50-something white dude.

and the show has really great i will even go as far to say awesome hait.

by Anonymousreply 6205/18/2012

Tony Goldwyn had a birthday yesterday. He's a hot 52 year old!!

by Anonymousreply 6305/21/2012

I just finished watching the finale on Hulu, it was very good - really great acting on the show from Kerry, Tony Goldwyn, the woman who plays the First Lady, The President's gay right hand man and Olivia's team. I can't wait for next season, it's already one of my favorite shows.

by Anonymousreply 6405/21/2012

R64, Welcome to the club...Scandal is a fantastic show.

Here is a link to the full cast of Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 6505/21/2012

LOVE this show and am so thrilled it's survived the chopping block on which it was precariously perched. Though Olivia and Huck are my favorite characters, the power-hungry First Lady has really grown on me.

I want to know who Quinn really is!

by Anonymousreply 6605/21/2012

Thanks R65!

by Anonymousreply 6705/21/2012

R66, The ratings were pretty good for a mid season show. It was only 2nd to the Mentalist on CBS. The finale had a 26% rise in viewers, so this bodes well for next season. It has a great lead in with Grey's Anatomy.

As for Quinn, I think she witnessed something pretty horrific. She has to be connected to someone in the White House or someone politically connected. This season we focused on the Amanda Tanner storyline, I have a feeling the story arc will revolve around Quinn. We WON'T get all the answers in the 1st episode next season...that's for sure!

by Anonymousreply 6805/21/2012

The only thing that bugs me about it is the same thing that bugs me about all episodics and that is the fix a problem/disaster in an hour thing.

Having the main problem extend through the season is great and the smaller issues would be great if they were at least a couple of episodes. I like the idea of them having to keep a couple of balls in the air at the same time to some extent.

by Anonymousreply 6905/21/2012

Liza Weil (from Gilmore Girls) plays Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 7005/21/2012

The woman playing the First Lady has such a girlish, sweet face, but she's so vicious and ferocious with all that hollering and scheming. Olivia doesn't intimidate easily, but the First Lady sort of got to her.

by Anonymousreply 7105/22/2012

R71, that was one of the best scenes in the episode. She has taken on Olivia at her own game. The First Lady is HBIC, no doubt about that. She'll do anything to stay in the WH. She's a scary bitch!

by Anonymousreply 7205/22/2012

I don't watch much network TV, so I'd never heard of it until this thread, but I watched all the episodes and now I'm hooked and hate to have to wait until next season for the next episode.

BTW, this is OT, but anyone who likes political TV shows should check out Hulu's original series Battleground, a fictional documentary about the race for a Wisconsin US Senate seat. Really hot lead actor and a lesbian scandal with the candidate, lots of skullduggery and a fat schlub to love to hate.

Another political drama on Hulu is Party Animals, a one-season British series about a political campaign with a sex scandal.

No, I'm not a PR hack, I just love TV shows about politics.

by Anonymousreply 7305/22/2012

I've posted so many times in this thread, but I don't care. I LOVE this show and I WILL shout it from the mountain tops. I want more people to see this show and understand this show is like CRACK!.

The DVD will be out next month, so those who don't have a HULU subscription can get a taste of Scandal. Also, episodes should be up on ITunes as well.

R73, Welcome aboard, my friend...counting down to the season 2 premiere.

by Anonymousreply 7405/22/2012

Great show. Quinn is the Presidents illegitimate daughter from a College affair!!!

Can't wait for season 2!

by Anonymousreply 7505/22/2012

r61, Kerry has been in numerous noteworthy projects. She was in both of the Fantastic 4 movies, Ray (the one where Jamie Foxx plays a Ray Charles impersonator), The Last King of Scottland, I Think I Love, My Wife, The Dead Girl (Where she played Brittney Murphey's girlfriend), and She Hate Me (popular among lesbians for a now famous trib scene).

There were also rumors going around for a while that she was dating Bai Ling.

by Anonymousreply 7605/24/2012

::: spit-take :::

Lesbian rumors about KW?! Who knew!

Clearly, I am way out of the loop. And, oddly, this just makes me love the show more.

by Anonymousreply 7705/24/2012

Has there been any speculation about Shonda possibly being gay? Clearly she is gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 7805/24/2012

Hmm, I didn't know there were gay rumors about Kerry Washington.

by Anonymousreply 7905/24/2012

This is the first I heard the lesbian rumors. The most I come across concerning her love life is her long term relation with David Moscow, and her short-term relationships with Lawrence O'Donnell and Common.

by Anonymousreply 8005/24/2012

Kerry fucked Bai Ling?

She's got a taste for shit!

by Anonymousreply 8105/24/2012

There are several links to the rumors and even a photo of them kissing, but here's just one of the links from a site the DL hates of course.

At any rate the rumor goes that she hooked up with Bai for a year starting in 2007 after she broke it off with Moscow. They had previously played lovers in that 2003 Spike Lee Movie

by Anonymousreply 8205/24/2012

I like the show. Kerry is hot.

by Anonymousreply 8305/25/2012

Is Bai Ling the one with the "beef curtains"? And if so what is the story on her "beef curtains"? Why are they a thing on DL?

by Anonymousreply 8405/25/2012

Do not fuck up this thread by talking about Bai Ling. We don't give two shits about her.

Stay on topic! Talk about the show SCANDAL!

by Anonymousreply 8505/25/2012

Sorry, that wasn't my intention. I just thought for the ninny who was acting as if they had no idea what Kerry had ever been in before, if nothing else they might have heard the gay rumor about her from years back.

So, back on point, I missed the episode before the season finale and can't seem to find it on my OnDemand (U-Verse). Am so upset, you all make it sound like a delicious episode.

by Anonymousreply 8705/25/2012

R87, Honey! Delicious just doesn't cover it! It was BEYOND delicious! It was all that and a bag of chips(I'm so old school)! You must do everything in your power to watch "The Trail" episode 6. I will give you the link and I will command you to watch this over the holiday weekend.

You will thank me later.

BTW - I don't mind gay rumors/truths - Kerry Is a hot mama...I just didn't want the thread to go astray.

by Anonymousreply 8805/26/2012

Thank you!!!! That was just as you described r88. Glad to have some background on the "one minute" thing. Oh and the chief of staff has been a nut case all along, I thought he just randomly turned fundy loon in the finale.

Did he ever figure it out that it was Olivia on the tape? I thought bits of the finale implied so.

by Anonymousreply 8905/26/2012

by Anonymousreply 9005/26/2012

R89, This is a discussion among fans...some people thought Billy knew it was Olivia on the tape. Others thought Billy was talking more in general terms. How would he know that Fitz and Olivia were having affair? Remember Cyrus had no clue about their relationship until he saw them kissing in the Oval office.

Glad you enjoyed the episode ;)

by Anonymousreply 9105/26/2012

Good news! Scandal 1st Season will be released on DVD on June 12th. Amazon is taking pre-orders.

by Anonymousreply 9205/26/2012

And season two starts on Sept. 27th!

by Anonymousreply 9308/13/2012

The sexual chemistry between Washington and Goldwyn is gold.

by Anonymousreply 9409/27/2012

New to the show. Boyfriend urged me to watch the season 2 premier, as he loves it. And, now I love it!! I'll have to get the first season DVD.

by Anonymousreply 9509/28/2012

that flotus is crazy! she makes this really exciting.

by Anonymousreply 9609/28/2012

i loved the show. please continue to air it. all the actors are great!

by Anonymousreply 9709/29/2012

[quote]The sexual chemistry between Washington and Goldwyn is gold.

THIS. And Goldwyn is just hot sex on a platter. Always has been, ever since "Ghost".

by Anonymousreply 9809/29/2012

What do you think of Quinn Perkins?

by Anonymousreply 9909/29/2012

Quinn is still annoying.

by Anonymousreply 10009/30/2012

I love the nutty first lady. She is so unpredictable and calculating, I have a weakness for female characters of that variety. Maybe it's my Alex Forrest complex. Anyway, I was never a Quinn fan, but I do need to know what the hell Olivia did to her, this story is just insane in the best possible way.

by Anonymousreply 10109/30/2012

Yeah, I thought Quinn was annoying from the get go, sort of a chunkier Meredith Gray. At least she's only a only a supporting character.

by Anonymousreply 10209/30/2012

Up until the end of the end of the episode, I actually thought Quinn was possibly getting away with murder and totally playing Olivia and company.

I was very happy to see the show surprise me by dropping Olivia into the equation in a new and exciting way.

by Anonymousreply 10309/30/2012

What happened to Henry Ian Cusick? I know they said the character left to leave a normal life but any details on why he left the show?

by Anonymousreply 10409/30/2012

More Tony Goldwyn! I want him soooo bad.

by Anonymousreply 10509/30/2012

Get in line, R105

by Anonymousreply 10609/30/2012

Bump...I live in Europe and will watch tonight's episode later today. I can't wait for Liv and Fitz to get back together.

by Anonymousreply 10710/05/2012

Where are my Gladiators?! Did you see the "treegate" episode Thursday night. Kerry and Tony have chemistry for days!!! What a fucking brilliant episode! Here is the infamous "treegate" scene. Check out how Fitz puts on those damn fucking hot! This man is EVERYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 10810/20/2012

Why do they have to talk at breakneck speed? Even the closed caption can't keep up. We enjoy the show, except for that. We are considering not watching again. Last episode was beyond ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 10910/20/2012

Thursday's episode was brilliant! Great chemistry with all of the actors, especially the guy who was on Mad Men. And, can't wait to see the development with his wife after her discussion with Secret Service (don't want to say what, in case folks didn't watch the episode). Second season is not disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 11010/20/2012

Which guy on Mad Men, R110?

by Anonymousreply 11110/20/2012

R111: he played the comic whose wife has an affair with Don (her name was Bobbie ?)..

by Anonymousreply 11210/20/2012

R113 - thanks. The character's name was Jimmy Barrett. (I loved when Don decked him)

by Anonymousreply 11310/20/2012

Didn't Kerry Washington shit herself in one of the takes and they had to re-shoot it?

by Anonymousreply 11410/27/2012

I thought that was Omorosa on Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 11510/27/2012

by Anonymousreply 11610/27/2012

I want to like this show, but the writing is so bad. I like the concept and Kerry Washington, though.

by Anonymousreply 11710/27/2012

I like Kerry Washington a lot and I like the show in spite of itself.

I don't know how long it can run at this speed. It's kind of like the Young and the Restless under Maria Arena Bell... shit just keeps happening no matter what so stop thinking and just watch. I'd say you can tolerate it because it's just an episode a week, not one a day.

I still don't know why the autistic computer geek is so fucked up.

The required suspension of belief borders on too much.

Still, I like it.

by Anonymousreply 11810/27/2012

I'm finding middle aged Josh Malina oddly sexy. Really, even modestly built up pecs and biceps can have a profound impact on the sure-why-not? factor of almost anybody.

by Anonymousreply 11910/27/2012

I like the show and Kerry.

by Anonymousreply 12010/27/2012

The vicious First Lady cracks me up with her innocent looking face and devious mind.

I loved the scene when Olivia was in the restaurant and gradually noticed that the place was suddenly empty except for big, burly men guarding the entrances and exits - cool way to let you know who was about to come in.

Kerry and Tony Goldwyn are both smokin' hot.

The redheaded actress who plays the woman who's angry at Olivia and on the verge of betraying her says she ran into a bunch of fans of the show the other day who demanded that she be loyal to Olivia. She says she loves that the fans are so passionate about the show.

by Anonymousreply 12110/27/2012

Abby is fed up with Olivia keeping secrets...I think she will always be loyal to Olivia, but her patience is running very thin. I like the Abby and David hook-up.

Fitz and Olivia won't stay away from each other too long, it's just a matter of time before they get back together.

by Anonymousreply 12210/28/2012

I think Fitzgerald Grant is a stupid pretentious name even for a made up President.

by Anonymousreply 12310/28/2012

R123, LOL, I kinda agree...don't forget he's a III (3rd).

by Anonymousreply 12410/28/2012

I'm glad that Abby is hooking up with David because it shows that she isn't just a bitter shrew. She was beginning to verge on caricature.

I agree about Mellie--so devious but always with a smile on her face.

What do you make of the cabal at the end of this week's episode?

by Anonymousreply 12510/28/2012

R125, The "Illuminati" ending - all roads leads to Fitz. It seems the group did something dire to protect Fitz during the campaign. Somehow Olivia was brought in to fix the problem.

At least that's my guess...

by Anonymousreply 12610/29/2012

Gladiators, we have a full season of Scandal!!!! More Fitz and Olivia is on the way! Thanks ABC!!!

by Anonymousreply 12710/30/2012

Great news R127, I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 12810/30/2012

How can you not find Huck's character fascinating? He took "Cocaine" to do something he likes to do...stalk families, lol. This show is fast-paced and the characters are really developing. Cyrus is another great character.

by Anonymousreply 12911/12/2012

Did anyone watch last night's episode? There was a man-on-man kiss in the Oval Office! Probably hasn't happened since the Buchanan administration.

by Anonymousreply 13111/16/2012

Kerry Washington is too thin and it's distracting

by Anonymousreply 13211/16/2012

R132 I beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 13311/16/2012

I love this show!! Every contrived minute of it!! It's not going to challenge my intellect but boy am I entertained. However where's the POTUS??

by Anonymousreply 13511/17/2012

Quinn and Harrison

by Anonymousreply 13611/17/2012

When's Harrison gonna get some nude scenes? Man is HAWT!

by Anonymousreply 13711/17/2012

Quinn scenes

by Anonymousreply 13811/17/2012

I get a little tired of Kerry Washington always looking so... deeply pained.

And that whole show requires a suspension of belief on par with encounters with Dr. Marlena Evans.

Even so, I am entertained. The twists are interesting.

by Anonymousreply 13911/17/2012

[quote]I get a little tired of Kerry Washington always looking so... deeply pained.

She needs more roughage.

by Anonymousreply 14011/17/2012

I wish Abby would cut her hair.

by Anonymousreply 14111/17/2012

I didn't like last Thursday's episode. It was too out there for me. I need for them to get deeper into the larger "scandal" about the corruption between all those people.

by Anonymousreply 14211/18/2012

I love that an election was apparently stolen by the cabal and handed to a seemingly decent Republican candidate over the shady Democrat. No one is truly innocent. If Grant weren't so charming and decent Ralston so conniving and corrupt people would scream it was a ripoff of Bush and Gore. I think that's why writers have made Grant a decent guy and Ralston a snake. Point of having shady people from both parties is to show that most politicians are corrupt. Fitz and Olivia's ex-boyfriend seem like the most (only?) decent ones.

I wish more Republicans were like Fitz. Last season I loved how Cyrus kept going on about how the Tea Party clowns make moderates look bad. Last week same theme was brought back up when he criticized Hollis Doyle. I wonder if Republican politicians say similar things behind the scenes in "real life." I know it's very soap opera, but these things make me wonder. Although I'm an avowed socialist and progressive I'd like to think that some decent Republican politicians exist.

by Anonymousreply 14311/18/2012

Who is posting Quinn scenes? I'm so over her! Cyrus or Mellie have the best least post those.

by Anonymousreply 14411/18/2012

Promo for next week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 14511/18/2012

R134/145, that's the promo for the Nov. 29th episode.

"Scandal" is pre-empted this week due to Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 14611/18/2012

If Shonda does not keep the love between Fitz and Olivia until this show goes to its grave, I swear I will sue ABC and Shonda. Although I like all the characters, but Fitz and Olivia are the heart of the show and they are like a good drug for me. I always see an Olitz clip from youtube before I go to bed EVERY NIGHT. I'm serious!

by Anonymousreply 14711/22/2012

I love Tony Goldwyn in this show. he really makes me believe that there is true love (I lost the truck of true love for awhile). Same here, if they kill his character, I won't see this show anymore. I turned so many people into this show and they all love him. Gosh he is so sexy, manlyman and romantic...GO FITZ AND OLIVIA. and that senator has to go way IMMEDIATELY (I don't even want to mention his name). I don't feel their chemistry and I don't even care.

by Anonymousreply 14811/22/2012

Same here - fan of Olivia and Fitz. I dont like here new love interest (senator thing). the other thing I don't like about her is her BOSSY behaviour towards Fitz. I think it is getting boring and I start to hate her. I want to see her showing Fitz love and respecting him. her character starts to sound too spoiled and I don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 14911/22/2012

This is a terrible, terrible show. Shonda Rhimes fancies herself Aaron Sorkin, but writes like a ten year old. It's amazing to me she hasn't been driven out of television.

by Anonymousreply 15011/22/2012

R15 Okay! You should have seen her on Bill Maher a few weeks was cringe worthy.

by Anonymousreply 15111/22/2012

[R147] The youtube clips are like crack! One hit and you're hooked. I've overdosed and I don't care. Gimme more!!

[R148] The senator should have been Idris Elba. Heavenly triangle. Dangerous threesome.

.......and why can't people just REElax and understand that Sorkin does what he does well, as does Rhimes? Some can appreciate both without feeling outraged by the varying pitch.

by Anonymousreply 15211/22/2012

Katie Lowes (Quinn) talking about the show.

by Anonymousreply 15311/22/2012

Cast talking about the fast talking in Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 15411/22/2012

R152 - I see what you're saying, but this is a rather Sorkinesque premise, and the show has Josh Malina in it. Comparisons are going to be made.

by Anonymousreply 15511/22/2012

Just waiting for episode 8. That's all I want to see. Liv and Fitz going at it again. HOT HOT HOT!!!

by Anonymousreply 15611/23/2012

^ Episode 8 is gonna be the shit! More Olitz(fitz & olivia)SEX!! I don't care if it's a flashback.

by Anonymousreply 15711/24/2012

If Tony Goldwyn's president is shot in the next ep I really will never watch this again. Pregnant First Lady Shot Dead is a much better idea.

by Anonymousreply 15811/24/2012

Tony told Fitz and Olivia fans to have patience. Shonda Rhimes isn't stupid. She knows why people watch. Here's a link to Tony's sexy ass on The Talk earlier this week.

by Anonymousreply 15911/24/2012

People please, lets be realistic! I adore Kerry, she's a feisty little half pint. I thought her acting and character in "Dead Girl" was excellent, you really get to see her act, without seeing Kerry, if that makes sense. Her accent was amazing.

Scandal actually makes me cringe time after time after time and to be totally honest, the only reason I watch it, is solely because of the humour and wit value, plus Kerry is hot, I'm not watching her for her skills because their definitely void in this series.

Every time she displays her "formidable power" she reminds me of a little child having a tantrum, and why do they have to make her walk like that every time she's on the mobile giving orders? Cringgate. (New word) It looks odd because she's short. Sexiest walk on the planet, but when it turns into that strut with the weave bouncing all over the place... Not feeling it.

Now imagine that part being played by Angela Basset, you automatically get the sense of a woman of power. Kerry I love ya, but not in this. Like what others are saying, shouting off your words ain't working for ya, and its not believable. In that gangster scene, they so would have shot you.

I see far too much of the every day Kerry in this, she sounds the same in her interviews as she does on set, and that doesn't work for me, sorry. I do love the wit and sarcasm though. I like American humour when their not trying to be funny. Guess I'm a dry humour kind of girl.

Shame, her talents are definitely lost on this show.

by Anonymousreply 16011/26/2012

Check out these AMAZING images from episode 8 "Happy Birthday Mr. President". I can't wait for this episode - it airs Dec 6th.

by Anonymousreply 16111/28/2012

I enjoy the show, but it has touches of Grey's Anatomy cliches that drive me crazy.

Someone actually started a rant with the words, "You don't get to . . . " UGH.

The other weakness for me is Kerry Washington's acting. As in: She does too much of it.

Washington speaks every fucking line with the same spittle-spray of strident urgency.

by Anonymousreply 16211/28/2012

The promo is up for episode 8 "Happy Birthday, Mr. President". Don't watch if you haven't seen episode 7 - MAJOR SPOILER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16311/30/2012

Gladiators, what did you think of last night's episode? The ending was CRAZY! Who do you think is the culprit? My guess is either Hollis or maybe the governor who ran against Fitz in the general election.

by Anonymousreply 16411/30/2012

I don't think Mellie's behind it. It was just a case of female intuition. Someone hired Charlie to hurt, but not kill Fitz. This incident will guarantee his re-election.

Lots of Liv/Fitz action next week! Can't wait for Edison to be kicked to the curb.

by Anonymousreply 16511/30/2012

Like the show for the most part, but the pace of the dialogue is so frustrating! They can convey urgency, etc without talking so fast. I have to use cc and even then have to rewind. Slow down!! I'm about ready to stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 16612/02/2012

Gladiators!! Tomorrow it is on! Liv and Fitz going at it in the Oval office...HOT FUCKING DAMN!!! Is it Thursday, yet?

by Anonymousreply 16712/05/2012

did you see the show earlier ? oh boy, why on earth did Huck shoot the president ?

by Anonymousreply 16812/07/2012

Ok,Who did it?

by Anonymousreply 16912/07/2012

What an amazing, crazy fucking episode!! This show is on fire! There must be reason Huck is caught up in this mess. Yes, I know he's an assassin, but why would he kill the President? Who is he working for other than Pope and Associates? There is definitely more to this story, I can't wait for it to play out.

Also, I'm loving the Oval office scene bwt Fitz and Liv. How can two actors have SO MUCH sexual chemistry on screen? It's just too much, but I love it!!

by Anonymousreply 17012/07/2012

Is Huck a Machurian candidate?

by Anonymousreply 17112/07/2012

I feel sorry for Tony Goldwyn's wife. That's more than just acting.

by Anonymousreply 17212/07/2012

R172, And he has 2 grown daughters...I would be so embarrassed. The man has been acting for over 20+ years. He's done love scenes in movies and tv, so the wife has seen it all. BUT this chemistry is on another level, it's way too real! I'm not accusing Tony and Kerry of doing anything off camera, but you can't fake that kind of chemistry.

Oh, by the way, Scandal posted it's HIGHEST ratings to date!! Good news!

by Anonymousreply 17312/07/2012

NO!!! I love Huck!

by Anonymousreply 17412/08/2012

The Tony/Kerry stuff I don't think is that far off base. She is a known snow queen.

by Anonymousreply 17512/08/2012

Kerry Washington is like Barack Obama: they are only black in the eyes of white people, black people know the truth: neither one of them were raised immersed in black culture.

Everything about Kerry Washington is very white -body language, accent, attitude except for her skin color.

by Anonymousreply 17612/08/2012

Tony is definitely Kerry's type and he's admitted to having a crush on her. Calling her stunningly beautiful.... Kissing her in interviews too. Kerry is a lot more guarded. She shies away from talking about their chemistry. Even brought up the fact that she's met his wife and daughters. Only time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 17712/08/2012

I think Huck decided he needed to protect Olivia based on the fact that Quinn was deep into investigating what really happened to her after the explosion. If Quinn uncovers what happened and talks about it, it rocks the Presidency.

I think Huck was really aiming at Hollis Doyle since it is Hollis that was the architect of the voting fraud that got Fita the Presidency. Hollis was shot along with Fitz and the press Secretary.

I think Huck also hit Fitz on purpose to take him out but not kill him since he shouldn't really have the Presidency anyway. He basically clears the slate and this helps protect Olivia and it turns focus to the shootings and hopefully away from any investigating on that explosion and any suspicions about voting fraud.

I love Huck and will miss him if he is not at OPA.

by Anonymousreply 17812/08/2012

R176-Kerry Washington is a Bronx girl. WTF are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 17912/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 18012/08/2012

[quote]Kerry Washington is like Barack Obama: they are only black in the eyes of white people, black people know the truth: neither one of them were raised immersed in black culture.

That explains her horrible imitation of a sistah from around the way in "Save The Last Dance".

by Anonymousreply 18112/08/2012

"I feel a little Sally Hemings/ Thomas Jefferson about all this."

by Anonymousreply 18312/08/2012

R183 - what? Because she's black and he's white? That's silly. Hemmings was Jefferson's slave. Olivia was Fitz's employee. Moreover, very little is made about them being of different "races".

by Anonymousreply 18412/08/2012

R184 I think R183 was referring to the Heming/Jefferson dialogue on Thursday night's episode.

[quote]Kerry Washington is a Bronx girl.

She's Kerry From The Block!

by Anonymousreply 18512/08/2012

R175, So what if she's dated white men - that doesn't mean she's fucking Tony. I'm giving both the benefit of the doubt.

Ok, I must respond to R176...What a load of bullshit! Kerry is a Bronx native. Also, Kerry is an educated woman -she is very aware of her skin color and her culture. She's not black enough cause she didn't grow up in the "hood". That's why black people can NEVER go forward. You have such a narrow view of black people - what they sound like, how they conduct themselves. Your comment is just sad...

R176, Please watch this video and see Kerry slay this white man to pieces on the argument of affirmative action. Kerry is a very smart woman. She understands her black culture and she's NOT afraid to speak on it.

by Anonymousreply 18612/09/2012

If I wanted to completely derail this thread into Kerry's "authenticity" I would have to ask r176 to define his or her presumably very narrow idea of what "black culture" is, but since I don't I won't.

Black people LOVE Kerry Washington. She really does speak to that type of buppie black girl that is very much well represented out in the world but that you don't see much of in tv or movies. Not every black girl is a Precious or a VH1 stereotype.

And whites love her because she's obviously gorgeous, castable, fuckable, TALENTED, and highly intelligent. She has mass appeal that is very rarely found in a black actress. Last time that came around was Halle Berry.

I'm not trying to pit these actresses against one another but I remember when everyone thought the next big black actress star was gonna be Gabby Union or Zoe Saldana. Can't be Gabby because the talent simply isn't there. Won't be Zoe because she makes shitty choices.

Scandal has completely reinvented Kerry's career and its so funny because doing TV was a real risk, but in these days you really can do both.

by Anonymousreply 18712/09/2012

I'm so happy the ratings are up. Looking good for a season 3.

by Anonymousreply 18812/10/2012

This storyline is useless without Presidential bedbaths.

by Anonymousreply 18912/10/2012

Just a heads up, Tony G. will be on Live with Kelly and Michael this morning. A little eye candy for Scandal fans.

by Anonymousreply 19012/11/2012

So no one has anything to say about the latest installment of Sally Hemmings/Thomas Jefferson 2012?

by Anonymousreply 19112/16/2012

R191, Fuck off! Shonda put that bullshit to rest in the "Happy Birthday, Mr President" episode.

by Anonymousreply 19212/18/2012

Gladiators!!! Rejoice!!! It's a new year and Scandal is back with Episode 10 "One for the Dog". A fantastic episode last night...Poor Huck getting the "Zero Dark Thirty" waterboard treatment. My fav character was Sally "President Place Holder" Langston - she is a vicious, underhanded and not to be messed with.

More fantastic news! Scandal posted it's HIGHEST RATINGS since it's debut - 8.4 million viewers and won the young demo over CBS. It's just getting better and better.

by Anonymousreply 19301/11/2013

Everyone seems to be watching it. The ratings have exploded.

by Anonymousreply 19401/12/2013

I'm so happy that this show is getting its' due, EW is FINALLY recapping the show! Also recapping, is Wall St. Journal and Vulture. Every week the show gets more intense...Shonda is bringing the heat!

Here's next week promo for "A Criminal, a Whore, an Idiot and a Liar"

by Anonymousreply 19501/12/2013

R195 With that title, it must feature special guest star Anne Hathaway as herself.

by Anonymousreply 19601/12/2013

Does it get less frenetic? I barely made it through the pilot because the rapid-fire dialogue was off putting. After watching part of the second episode, I just feel worn out. I still love Henry Ian Cusick, but I'm not sure this is worth the effort.

by Anonymousreply 19701/13/2013

R197, You mean Scandal pace? Shonda wants this show's dialogue spoken fast or at Scandal pace. So, no is the answer to your question. You do get use to it and you can always DVR the episodes.

There's always Big Bang Theory...

by Anonymousreply 19801/13/2013

Have they revealed who was behind the attempt on the President's life?

by Anonymousreply 19901/13/2013

I've never seen this show but I'm not surprised its ratings are blowing up. Kerry Washington is really beautiful and compelling in her minor role in Django Unchained; she has almost nothing to do in that movie but when you're watching it you keep waiting for her to get a spotlight scene that never comes.

by Anonymousreply 20001/13/2013

R199, Yes, it was revealed in this week's episode. Hollis Doyle, the oil tycoon, was behind the assassination attempt on Fitz. Fitz doesn't want to back the US oil pipeline, so Hollis tried to get rid of him. The VP Sally Langston is doing Hollis' bidding and that's what he wanted all along.

by Anonymousreply 20101/13/2013

An interesting NY Times article on Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 20201/17/2013

[quote]For Dr. Brittney Cooper, co-founder of Crunk Feminist Collective

Please tell me this is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 20301/17/2013

Grow up 203

by Anonymousreply 20401/17/2013

Another great episode. The storyline stays fresh, and even when you know something's going to happen, when it actually happens it's still shocking. There were a couple of great "Oh shit" moments tonight. Why was this show not nominated for any major awards recently? No "Best Actress in a Drama" at the Golden Globes or anything. A shame.

by Anonymousreply 20501/18/2013

Barry Bostwick is only fifteen years older than Tony Goldwyn and both actors look their age. So I had a hard time buying the former as the latter's father.

Does anyone know if Norm Lewis is gay? He's definitely HOT in this series!

by Anonymousreply 20601/20/2013

Tony Goldwyn needs to slam fuck me repeatedly. YUM

by Anonymousreply 20701/20/2013

I don't know where this show goes. How do you resolve what's going on? I know every show jumps the shark but this one seems to be racing toward it. How do you resolve or build on all this? Good TV while it lasts, though.

by Anonymousreply 20801/21/2013

Gladiators!! What an amazing episode last night! Mellie is crazy as hell! This bitch induced early labor to get her husband by her side and AWAY from Olivia! Who the fuck shot Fitz? If it wasn't Hollis, then who? Next week's episode is going to be explosive...Fitz will get some devastating news. Olivia will feel the wrath of Fitz!

More fantastic news...the ratings are going through the roof for ABC. The Scandal reign just won't let up. Every week the ratings keep getting better and better. ABC is giving the show a 3rd season and ABC better promote the hell out of this show.

by Anonymousreply 20902/01/2013

Scandal 2x13 Promo "Nobody Likes Babies" for next week's episode on Feb 7th.

by Anonymousreply 21002/01/2013

Kerry and Tony promoting Scandal on The View this week.

by Anonymousreply 21102/01/2013

I am totally addicted to Scandal. It's so much better than Grey's Anatomy.

Love the characters, love the actors, love the breathtaking plot twists.

It's "must-see" TV for me.

by Anonymousreply 21202/01/2013

Kerry won 3 NAACP awards last night. She looked fabulous in her Oscar de la Renta gown. The best part was Tony G. presenting one of the awards. It was a good night to be a Scandal fan...

by Anonymousreply 21302/02/2013

Tony and Kerry together back stage...

by Anonymousreply 21402/02/2013

Tony giving Kerry her award...that hug says it all! and there was a kiss too!

by Anonymousreply 21502/02/2013

Scandal cast and Shonda taking pixs backstage. Scandal won best drama!

by Anonymousreply 21602/02/2013

Last but not least...

by Anonymousreply 21702/02/2013

It's a good show. It will be amazing if they can keep it up. I'm betting that they are shooting all their load now like a lot of one hours have been doing in the last 6 or 7 years. None of the networks are giving shows time to gel so all the show runners come out hard and fast burning out all the good story ideas in the first season.

by Anonymousreply 21802/02/2013

I'm not a fan of her character, but Katie Lowes is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 21902/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 22002/02/2013

The color on the lower part of that dress is interesting. Not something you'd see every day on the red carpet, but she makes it work.

by Anonymousreply 22102/02/2013

R219, Bellamy Young plays Mellie. That's who you linked to. Katie Lowes plays Quinn/Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 22202/02/2013

What I like about Kerry's style is she will make interesting choices and does not play it safe. This is one of my fav's from the "Django Unchained" red carpet in London. She's wearing Giles’ spring/summer 2013 collection.

by Anonymousreply 22302/03/2013

So Hollis didn't put the hits on Cytron and Fitz. And it was the same person who paid Jesse for both.

Who the hell else could it be?

Mellie or Cyrus - sure could believe it was them on Cytron, but certainly not on Fitz; that makes no sense.

Langston - can believe it was her on Fitz, but on Cytron? That makes no sense either.

Which leaves..... but wait...... but wait.....

Jesse was a complete pro and yet she missed. Maybe that was the plan all along, a deliberate failed assassination attempt on Fitz.

Which means it could be Cyrus.

Except that doesn't make sense either, because they would have made sure Fitz wasn't so critically wounded. Unless Jesse fucked up by so critically wounding Fitz, but that's even more contrived.

The good news is that Olivia is finally beginning to acknowledge what a complete evil shit she and Cyrus and the gang have been the entire time, an epiphany which the show truly needed.

by Anonymousreply 22402/06/2013

Gladiators!! It's Scandal Thursday!! Get ready for tonight's episode. Check out this preview!!!

by Anonymousreply 22502/07/2013

A fantastic interview with Tony Goldwyn last night on Tavis Smiley. Check it out! Tony is FUCKING SEXY!!

by Anonymousreply 22602/07/2013

Scandal TIME!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22702/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 22802/07/2013

OK, so I came in a few minutes late and am having trouble getting this.

So it was Verna, who tried to have Fitz killed, because she felt it was wrong for his unelected presidency to go on and she had nothing to lose - but, of course, if Becky had been successful then Sally would have then become president and, of course, that would also be an unelected v.p. succeeding Fitz, but that didn't seem to bother her?

Is that it? And, somehow they figured out that it was Cyrus who did the Cytron hit? Or is that still not clear?

I really love this show having gotten over - in fact embraced - the challenge that every single one of these people - with the possible exception of David Rosen and Edison - including Olivia and after tonight - even including Fitz and James- is an asshole of epic proportions.

by Anonymousreply 22902/07/2013

Holy cow on a crutch! Everybody fucked everybody. No one can be trusted.

And the thing is - is not so far fetched. It's how Washington works.

by Anonymousreply 23002/07/2013

Why is Fitz now embracing Mellie, saying "It's you and me now"? Did Verna not tell him Mellie was in on it? What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 23102/07/2013

[R231], He's playing her like a fiddle, that's why.

Btw- just stumbled upon this site, first time poster. You guys are fab!

by Anonymousreply 23202/07/2013

I haven't watched the episode yet. That said, why the hell would Verna, "a godless liberal and baby killer who smokes pot" (in the paraphrased words of Sally Langston) want to put a Tea Party loon like Langston in charge by having moderate, sane Republican Fitz murdered?! Huh?! That makes no sense. Maybe it'll make more sense after I watch.

by Anonymousreply 23302/08/2013

Maybe they have something on Sally that would force her to resign, or maybe they were going to put a hit on her, too?

by Anonymousreply 23402/08/2013

Fucking stupid episode. Shoot him. No don't shoot him. No, wait. Shoot him. No. WAIT. Don't shoot him. Yeah you can order up a hit like take out. On your husband no less.

The only way the whole Mellie reconciliation makes sense is if he is setting her up for later cause he mentioned her name first when asking Verna about who was involved.

So this good guy with no backbone suddenly has the stones to kill someone in cold blood? Yeah, right.

Fucking stupidest thing I've ever seen and that's in an episode where just about everything was ridiculous. There was so much story in this episode that she could have artfully played until the summer hiatus. She blew her wad. Shark jumped.

One way she could redeem this mess is if she plays out how Fitz slowly and cleverly gets revenge on each one of them. Cyrus, Mellie, Hollis, Olivia and even Verna. It would be fun to watch him act like he has some balls and to witness him becoming his own man. Definitely make him a sexier character.

by Anonymousreply 23502/08/2013

That's exactly what I think is going to happen R235. Fitz is going to screw them all over.

by Anonymousreply 23602/08/2013

Fitz murdering Verna fits in with the "power corrupts" subtext running throughout the show. He found out the one person he adored (Olivia) was just as corrupt as everyone else and most likely remembered how his father said he'd never win the presidency on his own. I read Verna's murder as FItz taking his anger at Olivia and his father out on her. Ruthless? Yes.

I thought Tony did a great job of showing the death of the idealistic charmer and birth of the cynical opportunist. Did you see how his eyes and face changed? Don't all politicians go through this? How many start out wanting to save the world and become corrupted by power and their own ego? Verna's death was a metaphor for this. She died at the hands of a formerly honest, decent man who realized how corrupt and soulless Washington is and didn't want to give up his power. She died because she was trying to do the right thing. It's kind of a reverse trajectory of the honest politician being corrupted by power. Thus, Fitz killing Verna didn't seem like a jumping the shark moment. He'll end up being worse than Sally Langston. Mark my words.

We can look at other examples of the theme: the corrupting of formerly idealistic, honest people. For example, Reston became disillusioned after he was cheated out of the presidency and engineered the murder of his wife's lover and her downfall to garner political capital. Verna has already been mentioned. Olivia is an example. Don't be surprised if we see similar themes carried out with Mellie and Cyrus. Maybe David will go down a similar path. Washington is a dirty place, and it seems that Shonda is committed to showing just how far people will go to attain and retain power. This is just my take.

by Anonymousreply 23702/08/2013

People are going ape shit over what Fitz did in last night's episode. Fitz is officially on the dark better get use to it! All of these characters are flawed in some way (some more than others). The show is crazy, but that's what I like about it. I will be watching, that's for sure!!

by Anonymousreply 23802/08/2013

R237, Fitz also killed Verna to protect the love of his life. Verna was ready to tell everything to David Rosen. Fitz couldn't let that happen, he's protecting himself and his position, but most of all he's protecting Olivia.

Remember, next week's episode jumps 10 months ahead....we'll see the how everyone is dealing with the fallout from Defiance.

by Anonymousreply 23902/08/2013

I find the show disingenuous because everyone has dirty hands but Olivia in particular tries to act like she has a moral compass when she is a ruthless and conniving bee to the nth degree. She should own her cuntiness and stop acting so conflicted, it comes across as fake.

Oh and I hate that young woman on her staff that was kidnapped and whatnot, she is so annoying.

Overall the acting is good, especially the First Lady. She really pulls of the fresh faced ruthless ambition with ease.

by Anonymousreply 24002/08/2013

Kerry Washington needs to work on her facial expressions. She has one look on her face (wide eyed as if she's about to cry) for every situation. I find her acting to be one of the weak links on the show.

The promo for next week shows Fitz pulling Olivia into a closet or something; followed by her looking upset walking down the hall. Some people are speculating that he might rape her. However I doubt that Shonda is that stupid. The show would be over--people would flip the eff out.

by Anonymousreply 24102/08/2013

R240, No one is all good on Scandal - that includes Olivia. As this season has progressed Olivia's white hat began to get more and more dirty. In the next story arc Olivia is going to try to seek some redemption from the election rigging fiasco.

R241, There IS NO RAPE on episode 14-let's get that straight! It looks like there will be a HOT SEX SCENE between Olivia and Fitz that takes place in a closet at the White House. Also, it will be in the PRESENT DAY and NOT a flashback. So far, we haven't seen these two go at it in present day - I'm looking forward to this scene. Again, it could all be just a tease like TREEGATE and nothing happens.

by Anonymousreply 24202/08/2013

R241 Let's hope Shonda has learned about how far down you fall, and how much it hurts when you land, when you climb the heights of ridiculousness the way she did with the Izzy/Denny -- Dizzy? I stopped watching -- storyline.

by Anonymousreply 24302/08/2013

[quote]Oh and I hate that young woman on her staff that was kidnapped and whatnot, she is so annoying

Me too! Cannot stand that drip. Wish they'd kill her off.

by Anonymousreply 24402/08/2013

[quote]No one is all good on Scandal

I don't think we've seen any bad behavior from David Rosen.

by Anonymousreply 24502/08/2013

R235 this episode was originally written as the season finale, because they hadn't been picked up for a full season yet. Like R239 said, the next episode jumps 10 months ahead.

Why would you prefer them to drag it out until summer with stupid filler plotlines like every other crappy network drama? I'd rather they keep up the pace and go out fast and hard than slump along for years to dwindling ratings with no plot save for every character dating everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 24602/08/2013

R245, Your right! David is probably the only character on Scandal that is morally upstanding, he can hold his white hat up high. In next week's episode, David is central to the storyline where he's framed for murder. Guess who he needs to turn to for help? OPA!!! Should be interesting between Olivia and David.

by Anonymousreply 24702/08/2013

This show is fucked up in the most awesome way... just saw Thursday's episode. I can't wait til it jumps the shark because by that time it will be totally batshit crazy. It's batshit crazy now. I love it. Talk about pulling rabbits out of hats.

by Anonymousreply 24802/09/2013

"I can't become a fugitive. I have asthma. I need five-star hotels and room service."

I love Jarus, but if poor James only knew...

by Anonymousreply 24902/10/2013

R249, You mean Cyrus.

James knows how crazy Cyrus is, BUT he doesn't know he's a murder. Or how close James came to dying by the hands of his husband. I mean Cyrus almost had James killed in BROAD DAYLIGHT. How batshit crazy is that? However, I love this couple! I think they are amazing! Jeff Perry who plays Cyrus deserves an Emmy for the naked bedroom monologue.

by Anonymousreply 25002/10/2013

That nude scene was oddly hot.

by Anonymousreply 25102/10/2013

Really like the show. BUT cannot stand Kerry Washington's OVERacting. It drives me absolutely nuts! She over does it in every scene. Wish I could stop watching, but it's like a train wreck...hard to look away

by Anonymousreply 25202/10/2013

This show reminds me of Twin Peaks in a way, in that people are really talking about it and it's got crazy town momentum. It's all got to implode because it's such a breakneck speed and eventually its got to jump the shark just trying to top the week before. But dammit, it's a hell of a sensation. Enjoy it while it lasts...

by Anonymousreply 25302/10/2013

Tony and Kerry had a TV Guide photo shoot yesterday. This is most likely for a cover photo. ABC is promoting the HELL out of this show, why? Because the ratings/demos are going through the roof every week. The numbers don't lie!!

Also, Kerry via Twitter said they shot a Scandal promo last week for the Oscar telecast. She didn't say it out right, but she gave a clue in her tweet.

by Anonymousreply 25402/10/2013

The current issue of Entertainment Weekly (Star Trek cover) has an interesting Mark Harris article about SCANDAL and how it pushes boundaries further than other network dramas.

by Anonymousreply 25502/10/2013

r246 there is an interview with Shonda online where she says that there are five episodes jammed into this last one and that she went for that approach in service of the breakneck speed that established from the beginning.

It's too bad you assume that using that material as separate episodes would be boring and useless and just dragged out. If you watch a show like Breaking Bad or any other well written show you'd understand that sometimes playing out plot and character can make for riveting television and by doing that you unearth even more plot and more character to be mined in the future. Breakneck speed is great but it is not really good television or smart plotting if it ultimately derails the train.

by Anonymousreply 25602/10/2013

The networks should be taking notes from this show. It has a HUGE following, and whether people want to believe it or not, a huge reason for its success is because of its large African American fan base. People like seeing other people who look like them onscreen. Put more minorities (ALL minorities) onscreen and people will watch. People wonder why Tyler Perry's movies are so successful even though they suck for the most part--black people support their own.

by Anonymousreply 25702/10/2013

No, R250, I meant what I typed: James + Cyrus = Jayrus.

by Anonymousreply 25802/10/2013

This show is a trip. I can't believe Fitz killed Verna.

by Anonymousreply 25902/10/2013

R257, The show was getting 10,000 tweets PER minute for last Thursday's show. The fan base is huge and they are all over social media. The cast is live tweeting with their fans WHILE the show is airing. How many shows on air are doing that? This is one of the main reasons why this show is posting huge demo numbers.

by Anonymousreply 26002/11/2013

Scandal fans!! Happy Thursday! We have a HOT, HOT episode tonight! I'm at work and I'm going crazy! Also, it's hard since I'm six hours ahead in Europe. I'll be watching live 4am Friday excited!!

by Anonymousreply 26102/14/2013

Yaaaay!!! It's Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 26202/14/2013

This crazy show never fails to disappoint week over week.

And by any chance was that the first beyond implied blow job on network television?

by Anonymousreply 26302/16/2013

Her mouth is seriously distracting. And not in a good way. Also, her acting ability is limited to two facial expressions, as was previously noted in another post. I like the show but it does have it's problems.

by Anonymousreply 26402/17/2013

R264 A "seriously distracting" mouth, eh? That takes pickiness to a level I did not know I yet to perceive. A "seriously distracting" mouth. I'm going to be quoting you for some time.

by Anonymousreply 26502/17/2013

R264, You got a problem with FULL LIPS, racist much?

Well, this episode was steamy with a capital S. I like how the show is pushing the censor boundaries. I would've thought I was watching a cable show. I feel bad for David Rosen, his life is in the shitter! The Scott Foley character is a creepy. Olivia better wake up and get her gut check in order. Mellie giving blow jobs? I never thought I see the know she's desperate!

by Anonymousreply 26602/18/2013

Why is Scott Foley's character spying on Olivia?

by Anonymousreply 26702/18/2013

When Fitz was "raping" Olivia in that church electronics room, was anyone else expecting to find out the entire event was being broadcast to the rest of the church?

Also, how does the president get away from the Secret Service long enough to do what he did?

by Anonymousreply 26802/18/2013

R267, That is the million dollar question. He's an intelligence officer, most likely given orders by someone in the WH to spy on OPA. He has cameras in her home and office. He could have bugged her phone when he bumped into her at the coffee shop.

by Anonymousreply 26902/18/2013

Are you joking R268? Olivia pretty much ripped his clothes off after she slapped him. There was NO RAPE! Just hot angry sex...if can't tell the difference then you have a problem.

Also, your worried about SS (Tom and Hal) keeping eyes on Fitz? He gives them orders if he needs them to scram AND it was a private event at the WH.

by Anonymousreply 27002/18/2013

R270 Do you understand the function of quotation marks?

by Anonymousreply 27102/18/2013

Yes, I do. It wasn't necessary for you to go there, that's all. Just sick of certain people on Scandal blogs/Tumblr bringing up the topic.

by Anonymousreply 27202/18/2013

R256 I do watch Breaking Bad. And Mad Men, The Wire, Homeland, etc. I'm familiar with good TV writing. Scandal is not on that level, and I don't think Shonda Rhimes is capable of, or even hopes to achieve that. Shows with writing like Breaking Bad could never live on network TV, where ratings, mass appeal, and instant gratification are more important than subtle plot development.

by Anonymousreply 27302/18/2013

Is Shonda basing this show in actual events that occurred in the Bush White House,specifically Condi and GWB? Republican president' elected 'under questionable circumstances,Condi's very close relationship with the president-I believe she even referred to him as ' my husband ' at one time-it all seems to point in that direction. Plus the gay/closeted press secretary -perhaps based on Ari Fleischer? Hmmmm....,

by Anonymousreply 27402/18/2013

Why do fans call themselves Gladiators?

by Anonymousreply 27502/18/2013

R275 It's what Olivia calls her associates. It kind of got borrowed to describe Scandal's viewers as well.

by Anonymousreply 27602/18/2013

No, R274. The show is based on Judy Smith who worked in 1st Bush White House. She was his deputy press secretary. She then opened her own firm, worked on the Lewinsky case and many other high profile cases.

by Anonymousreply 27702/19/2013

If Olivia is not suspicious of this guy after running into him at a coffee shop then it just so happens that his number was on that dead girls phone which leads her to him again, she does not deserve the company she takes such pride in. I am hoping the smile she gave at the end of that phone call had another meaning other than that she was glad she made a date with him.

Anyone think Fitz has anything to do with the spying?

by Anonymousreply 27802/19/2013

R278, Fitz has spied on Olivia before, but I don't think it's Fitz this time around. It could be Mellie or someone who had dealings with OPA. It's just a strange storyline...

I completely agree with you that Olivia is completely off her game. Her office/home should be swept for bugs and cameras regularly. She should've been suspicious during that meeting in Jake's office. Olivia needs to get it together and get over Defiance and Fitz. Hopefully Huck will get involved and go HAM on Jake.

by Anonymousreply 27902/19/2013

Fitz is probably going to come to Olivia's rescue from that spy guy. I don't think Fitz and Olivia are capable of getting over each other, it's not going to happen. I loved that scene where Fitz was following the pissed off Olivia down the White House hallway - perfect song for it too.

by Anonymousreply 28002/21/2013

R280, That song was Stevie Wonder's "I Don't Know Why".

by Anonymousreply 28102/21/2013

YES, YES, YES!!!!! Kerry is presenting at the Oscar's. I fucking called it in the DL Oscar thread!!!! I'm so happy for her!!

by Anonymousreply 28202/21/2013

R281, I know, it's actually one of my favorites by Stevie Wonder - it fit so well during that scene.

by Anonymousreply 28302/21/2013

I tried watching Scandal when it premiered and couldn't get into it. Skimming this thread, it seems to have improved? At what point did it get better, and do I need to go back to Season 1, or is there some turning point where it makes sense to jump in?

by Anonymousreply 28402/21/2013

R284, I suggest to start this season and follow the Defiance storyline...I think once they began to get away from the case of the week and focused on the White House, then the show found its' legs.

by Anonymousreply 28502/21/2013

Thanks! I was hoping I could skip season 1.

by Anonymousreply 28602/21/2013

"I find the show disingenuous because everyone has dirty hands but Olivia in particular tries to act like she has a moral compass when she is a ruthless and conniving bee to the nth degree. She should own her cuntiness and stop acting so conflicted, it comes across as fake."

I used to agree with you. But now I think the show's genius is that everyone on it - with the possible exception of David Rosen, so far - is an evil cunt. And that includes Olivia. Yes, she presents herself as a much more morally upright person than she actually is. But often isn't that exactly how people whom we later find out to have done dastardly things seem to us before they become the subjects of scandal.

Scandal is about scandalous behavior by people who might impress us as much better than they are while it is going on. It's often brilliant, always disarming, and completely jarring. Like a Sopranos set in Washington.

And Olivia is a huge fucking hypocrite. And does some truly evil things.

That doesn't make it disingenuous. It just makes it very novel.

by Anonymousreply 28702/21/2013

R284, One more thing...there is one episode you MUST watch from season 1 - "The Trail" episode 6. This is the foundation of the show and it will help understand the main characters Olivia and Fitz's relationship. Also, how Fitz became President and how Olivia was hired for Fitz's campaign. This is ESSENTIAL information for season 2's Defiance storyline.

by Anonymousreply 28802/21/2013

Time for someone in this thread to stick up for Kerry Washington.

I love what she does with the role. Period.

by Anonymousreply 28902/21/2013

I'm with you R289 - she is remarkable as Olivia Pope, she hits all the right notes and ought to be nominated for an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 29002/21/2013

Downton has my hear, but Scandal touches me in other places.

by Anonymousreply 29102/22/2013

Well, I guess I was completely wrong about Fitz spying on Olivia...Fitz has his Navy buddy Jake spying on Olivia AND it looks like Jake is falling for Liv. This triangle could get very interesting. Fitz is going to go ballistic when he finds out the truth.

Love this show...

by Anonymousreply 29202/22/2013

Fitz spying on Olivia is all kinds of creepy. Ick!

I cracked up when people kept mentioning Huck's b.o. Poor Huck.

by Anonymousreply 29302/22/2013

r288 r289 r290 I love Kerry, and the show, too.

by Anonymousreply 29402/22/2013

R293 I'm surprised no one figured out why Huck is avoiding taking showers.

by Anonymousreply 29502/22/2013

R295, Quinn figured it out it was PTSD from the torture sessions and tried to talk to Huck, but he wasn't having it. Quinn is starting to see Huck much clearly. I'm shocked Olivia didn't try to talk to Huck about what's going on with him. Again, Olivia usually notices these things, but again her radar is way off.

by Anonymousreply 29602/22/2013

I apologize for my grammar mistakes...posted too quickly.

figured out...

more clearly...

by Anonymousreply 29702/22/2013

Thanks R296. That must've been when I was out of the room, the Quinn/Huck scene.

by Anonymousreply 29802/22/2013

Quinn/Huck is interesting.

by Anonymousreply 29902/22/2013

I don't want to go through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Huck's nude photoshoot in some fetish-y gay magazine?

by Anonymousreply 30002/22/2013

Scandal 2x16 Promo "Top of the Hour" (HD) ft. Lisa Edelstein

by Anonymousreply 30102/23/2013

I love this effing show!!! And her outfits are amazing!!!

by Anonymousreply 30202/23/2013

We have to wait THREE WEEKS for a new episode!! Not sure if I'll be able to make it. I'll watch my fav episodes from season 1 and 2 to get me through the next few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 30302/23/2013

Did anynone read Mark Harris (he's Tony Kushner's hubbie, right?)'s review of "Scandal" in a recent EW? He f---ing RAVES about it! I've never seen it but might start watching just based on the review. And Kerry Washington is stunning!

by Anonymousreply 30402/23/2013

I don't know who he's married to, R304, but I do enjoy his kvelling over Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 30502/23/2013

It's become more more ridiculous every week, and, consequently, better and better.

It's like Melrose Place in D.C.

by Anonymousreply 30602/23/2013

R303 Yeah, I kind of figured there were not going to be any new shows for a while, since they didn't say "all new next Thursday" during the previews of the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 30702/23/2013

Except I hated Melrose Place, and I love Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 30802/23/2013

I've never watched any of Shonda's other shows, but I'm hooked on Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 30902/23/2013

R309, that's me as well. I've never watched any of Shonda's shows. I saw the advertisement last spring for Scandal. I saw Kerry was in the show and decided to give it a try. I was hooked from the 1st episode.

R307, ABC will show reruns for the next few weeks. R301, has linked the promo for 2x16.

by Anonymousreply 31002/24/2013

It's on tonight in the east. First of three weeks in the television desert between sweeps and madness.

by Anonymousreply 31102/28/2013

R311 should read "It's on at 9 tonight in the east." (As opposed to the usual 10.)

by Anonymousreply 31202/28/2013

Is tonight a repeat or the last new episode for three weeks?

by Anonymousreply 31302/28/2013

There are no new episodes until March 21, AFAIK.

by Anonymousreply 31402/28/2013

Here is a very cool slideshow. Vulture put together every outfit Olivia Pope has worn this season. Check it out! Kerry needs a Vogue cover!!

by Anonymousreply 31503/01/2013

Signed up with Hulu just to watch previous episodes of this show. I am addicted!

by Anonymousreply 31603/05/2013

You can see the first year episodes via Netflix streaming.

by Anonymousreply 31703/05/2013

Welcome aboard!, R316. New Scandal episode two weeks and counting...can't wait!!

by Anonymousreply 31803/05/2013

Kerry Washington is one of those odd actors who will do an AMAZING scene and then overact like she's in community theater.

by Anonymousreply 31903/05/2013

When the fuck are they coming with a new episode? I am sick and tired of the repeats!!!!! WTF?! Did someone lose the videocassettes?

by Anonymousreply 32003/10/2013

Finally, on March 21, 2013, new Kerry/Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 32103/10/2013

Kerry and Tony will be on the cover of this week's TV Guide. I've seen the bootleg copy on the Scandal blogs. They look great!

by Anonymousreply 32203/12/2013

There's still TV Guide? Where do I get it?

by Anonymousreply 32303/12/2013

Scandal TV Guide issue on stands this Thursday!!! Photos and interview. Also, Tony tweeted today that there will be behind the scenes video of the photo shoot on Entertainment Tonight this evening.

by Anonymousreply 32403/12/2013

Thanks, R324. Her mother must be so proud of her.

by Anonymousreply 32503/12/2013

Kerry looks REALLY hot in that picture!

by Anonymousreply 32603/12/2013

Here are few behind the scenes from the TV Guide photo shoot. Give your honest opinion about these photos...what's your gut telling you?

by Anonymousreply 32703/16/2013

Another one...

by Anonymousreply 32803/16/2013

Last one...Oh! and there is a video so you can all these images in action.

by Anonymousreply 32903/16/2013

He knocked her up, R327. Maybe IRL.

by Anonymousreply 33003/16/2013

Back on tonight ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 33103/21/2013

Are you implying that Kerry and Goldwyn are having an affair in real life, r327? I thought Kerry was family.

by Anonymousreply 33203/21/2013

I was merely reacting to the picture, R332. The poster asked for interpretations, and that was mine. I think they are the hottest couple on TV, so hot, it occurred to me they may run lines with each other in their off hours.

I did not know Kerry was a lesbian. I have no idea about that, really.

by Anonymousreply 33303/21/2013

Without her nosejob she would not have a career. Kerry that is.

by Anonymousreply 33403/21/2013

Kerry's no lesbo. She IS into white guys, though, and Tony has been known to have great chemistry with African American females in past roles (see "Taking the Heat" in which he co-starred with Lynn Whitfield), so that's likely a big reason why their chemistry is so off-the-charts.

by Anonymousreply 33503/21/2013

R332, Kerry is not family. She has a long track record of dating older white men with exception of her ex- fiance David Moscow. Now, she NEVER talks about her private life...EVER!

by Anonymousreply 33603/21/2013

r334 Why do you think so??

by Anonymousreply 33703/21/2013

The guy in r336's link looks like the kid in Big all grown up. Him no pretty.

by Anonymousreply 33803/21/2013

We need to bump this thread since a troll began a useless, racist Scandal thread.

by Anonymousreply 33903/27/2013

Tony is directing Scandal episode 20-filming began this week. The script is supposed to amazing according to the casts' Twitter feed. I can't wait for the episode to air. Tony G. is so sexy!!

by Anonymousreply 34003/27/2013

Those TV Guide pics make them look like they're REALLY together as a couple, that's some amazing chemistry and great acting. I hope...

by Anonymousreply 34103/27/2013

R341, I hope so too, but if you have seen Tony's wife in real life then I wouldn't blame him for falling for Kerry. I think there is way too much chemistry for them not to have fallen in love.

Also, a major thing happening next month is Tony will be receiving a special award for the work he's done for the Innocence project in NYC. Guess who will be giving the honorary speech to Mr. Goldwyn that night? That's right Ms. Washington herself. Let's wait and see if his wife shows up to this huge event honoring her husband.

Time will tell...

by Anonymousreply 34203/27/2013

Is Scott Foley going to be around for awhile?

by Anonymousreply 34303/27/2013

R343, let's hope not. He does nothing for me. His character is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 34403/27/2013

R339 This is *the* thread, BG.

by Anonymousreply 34503/27/2013

R346 Obviously you failed to watch before posting, moron.

by Anonymousreply 34703/27/2013

Wow R342, maybe I'm reading too much into Tony & Kerry's chemistry, but something DOES seem up with them. That honorary speech will be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 34803/28/2013

Can't wait until 10. I wish NBC would program Hugh Dancy's show at another time.

by Anonymousreply 34903/28/2013

New episode on in 45 minutes...

by Anonymousreply 35003/28/2013

And it just gets better. Loved Mellie tonight.

by Anonymousreply 35103/28/2013

They need to stop photographing Scott Foley in profile. He's got a huge honker.

by Anonymousreply 35203/29/2013

Huck and Lindsay are so cute. I hope the show doesn't fuck them up.

I really don't get what the show is supposed to be accomplishing with Scott Foley.

by Anonymousreply 35303/29/2013

R353 Jake (Scott Foley) is, or can be, Olivia's way back to Fitz. She's the one who got the info to Fitz, through Jake, that saved the people in the bunker last week, though neither of them seems to know it.

I'm not as clear about the business with Osborn. Was that Senator Edison Davis on the bench talking to Jake in the last scene?

by Anonymousreply 35403/29/2013

R354, I don't think it was Edison, but I don't know who it was. Have we seen him before?

by Anonymousreply 35503/29/2013

I will have to watch that part again, R355. I know the actor is someone I've seen recently on some show, but because he was always in profile at best, I wasn't able to make out the face.

by Anonymousreply 35603/29/2013

Joe Morton.

by Anonymousreply 35703/29/2013

Thanks R357. Though I couldn't think of his name, that's who I thought it was.

by Anonymousreply 35803/29/2013

The dialogue between Joe Morton and Jake was very cagey. They alluded to the fact that they know the CIA director's suicide was expertly staged, but they didn't say who did it.

Jake is obviously trying to worm his way into the White House and Liv is his ticket. He's playing with fire by trying to get into her pants, though. Fitz will tear Jake a new one if he finds out the guy he hired to spy has been wooing the "love of his life".

by Anonymousreply 35904/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 36004/03/2013

Tony Goldwyn is in amazing shape for a 52 year old guy. And that chest hair! Yum! EW facebook page has some behind the scenes video from the shoot. They certainly are ... um, playful together.

by Anonymousreply 36104/03/2013

R360 Yesssssss!!!

I can't wait until Thursday for more Scandal, then Friday for EW in my mailbox.

by Anonymousreply 36204/03/2013

Here's the video #1 from EW shoot.

by Anonymousreply 36304/03/2013

Video #2

by Anonymousreply 36404/03/2013

That was great. Thanks, R363.

by Anonymousreply 36504/03/2013

R361, His body is the TRUTH! That man is so cut...have you ever seen the muscles in his back? My word! He does martial arts - that's why he's in amazing shape. I love this scene when he jumps out of the bed to get dressed.

by Anonymousreply 36604/03/2013

Tony and Kerry's chemistry is so off the charts. They were definitely a couple in another life.

by Anonymousreply 36704/03/2013

Interview with Katie Lowes on Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 36804/03/2013

Tony and Kerry have great chemistry. I love them together.

by Anonymousreply 36904/03/2013

Scandal Thursday!! Can't wait for tonight's episode. We had a great day yesterday. I'm looking forward to tonight!!

by Anonymousreply 37004/04/2013

EW Scandal Cover

by Anonymousreply 37104/04/2013

If only it didn't have the words "Justin Bieber" at the top.

by Anonymousreply 37204/04/2013

Tonight's episode title should appeal to us DL regulars: "Molly, You in Danger, Girl!"

by Anonymousreply 37304/04/2013

So, so good tonight. But no new episodes until April 25.

I wish they'd do 50 eps a year.

by Anonymousreply 37404/04/2013

This is going to be a loooonnnnggggg summer when the show goes on break after the season finale...

by Anonymousreply 37504/06/2013

Is this Tony's first ever magazine cover?

by Anonymousreply 37604/07/2013

R376, They were on TV Guide two weeks ago, so no. I'm not sure if he had magazine covers with his past projects. I think this project has propelled him into another status he hasn't had since Ghost. He's officially a sex symbol, so that must be new to him at the age of 52.

by Anonymousreply 37704/07/2013

Tony has done some great love scenes over the years. There's a movie he did in the early '90s called "Love Matters" where he fucked Gina Gershon all over Annette O'Toole and Griffin Dunne's house (copious amounts of nudity in that one), and then there's "Traces of Red" where he got hot and heavy with Lorraine Bracco...

by Anonymousreply 37804/07/2013

was there an episode last night?

by Anonymousreply 37904/12/2013

a rerun, R379.

by Anonymousreply 38004/12/2013

Thank you. 379

by Anonymousreply 38104/12/2013

No Scandal tonight.

by Anonymousreply 38204/18/2013

R382 NO "Scandal," or just a repeat?

by Anonymousreply 38304/18/2013

A rerun

by Anonymousreply 38404/19/2013

I'm surprised that DL doesn't seem as interested in Scandal. Is it because the gay couple on it are over 40 and not so handsome and that the main star is a black woman? The "Mad Men" threads are full after a single episode airing!

by Anonymousreply 38504/19/2013

Probably ,R385.

by Anonymousreply 38604/19/2013

We haven't had a new episode in two weeks, R385, R386.

I don't know about the rest of gay DL, but Scandal is one of my favorite programs.

by Anonymousreply 38704/19/2013

Back on tonight and for the next 4 weeks all new episodes. Season finale is May 16th.

by Anonymousreply 38804/25/2013

I am so FUCKING ready for tonight's episode! It's been such a long wait and I can't take it anymore.

Also, Kerry, Tony and Shonda will be attending the WH Correspondents dinner this weekend. E Online will be streaming the red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 38904/25/2013

I wish they'd shoot summer episodes the way the original 90210 used to do during its first couple of seasons. Tell Shonda it's how we got to know James Pickens in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 39004/25/2013

Almost there...just a few more minutes. Can't wait!!!

by Anonymousreply 39104/25/2013

Oh, Huck! I just want to give him a hug.

by Anonymousreply 39204/26/2013

Same here, R392. Does the CIA really go to such great lengths, ruining people that way?

by Anonymousreply 39304/26/2013

That was a very good episode.

I wonder if Freepers regard this show as "America Hating" with its depiction of the Saints who work at the CIA as being up to no good.

by Anonymousreply 39404/26/2013

But the CIA are usually up to no good...

Huck story is so fucking sad. Did you know the actor who plays Huck is gay and out AND the actress who played his wife is also gay and out? Isn't that cool?!!

Next week Mellie is going to go off the reservation. This is going to get good. Will Fitz give up running for reelection to be with Liv? We'll see...

by Anonymousreply 39504/26/2013

I want to hate Mellie so much, R395, but she's right about everything, really.

by Anonymousreply 39604/26/2013

It was SO good last night. Fitz and Liv's love and passion for each other is so hot that it's tangiable.

[quote]Did you know the actor who plays Huck is gay and out

Yes, Guillermo Diaz has been out for years. I loved him in the arthouse classic comedy "Party Girl".

by Anonymousreply 39704/26/2013

I had no idea he was in Party Girl.

But thanks for reminding me of that film.

I just found my favorite part:

by Anonymousreply 39804/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 39904/26/2013

I've had several friends in the CIA. All married, with kids. Tried not to let people know what they do. But - they weren't Huck. They were analysts.

by Anonymousreply 40004/26/2013

Who the fuck are these trolls commenting in this thread? R400,R401... BE GONE!!!

by Anonymousreply 40305/03/2013

What a fucking amazing episode! I just love how Mellie actually went through with her threat! All praise Mellie! This was such a fucking game changer! Olivia finally giving Fitz the business was well OVERDUE! She hit him upside the head with some truths he needed to hear. Cyrus nearly having a heart attack running through the WH doesn't get better!

Cyrus is going to throw down the gauntlet next week and reveal Olitz's secrets to them both (Verna and Jake). Also, I love the OPA crew...just give David an office already!

by Anonymousreply 40405/03/2013

You have to earn me...priceless

by Anonymousreply 40505/03/2013

She didn't go all the way, IMO, R404, in that she didn't name Olivia as Fitz's mistress. I thought that would have ratcheted things up a little, but she stopped short.

by Anonymousreply 40605/03/2013

R406, Mellie is holding that card. She's not going to play that hand YET! Let's see what's Fitz's response will be, then we'll see if Mellie gives up Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 40705/03/2013

R401 reeks of thinly-veiled hatred.

by Anonymousreply 40805/03/2013

I'd love to know how many times the phrase "You go, girl!" has been uttered by people watching this show. Pretty much any time Olivia or Mellie speaks, it would be appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 40905/03/2013

R409, are you getting a little stuffy underneath your Cloroxy white hood?

by Anonymousreply 41005/03/2013

I am constantly giving "You go" to both Olivia and Mellie.

by Anonymousreply 41105/03/2013

I love the chemistry of Kerry and Tony. They make a great couple. Tony's body is so hot!

by Anonymousreply 41205/04/2013

R412, I've been saying throughout this thread that Tony G. is fucking hot and his body is the TRUTH! Just look at his back, arm and chest muscles. Maybe next week when he and Liv get caught in bed by Cyrus we get to see his six pack. He is 6'2 and is fucking solid. His legs...let me stop! This man CAN'T be 52 years old AND he has a birthday in three weeks!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 41305/04/2013

One more thing...Tony did an AMAZING job directing this week's episode of Scandal! Let's hope next season he directs a few more...

by Anonymousreply 41405/04/2013

Did anybody see Tony's stint on "The L Word" several years ago? He played a closeted gay actor, and he was rocking a Caesar hair cut. He KILLED this scene...

by Anonymousreply 41505/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 41605/04/2013

That was an incredible episode, a real game-changer. If Fitz turns his back on Olivia for any reason, I will break my fucking TV. It has to be all in now. He chose her, he has to keep her. Has to. Oh, and yes I agree, r404, that scene with Cyrus running like mad down the tunnel like a petulant baby was laugh-out-loud funny.

by Anonymousreply 41705/04/2013

I want Columbus Short in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 41805/04/2013

Was it picked up for a third season?

by Anonymousreply 41905/05/2013

Not yet, but I'm pretty certain it's a lock.

by Anonymousreply 42005/05/2013

R419, ABC upfronts are May 14th, so it should be announced's a lock for a 3rd season.The ratings are gold for ABC on Thursday nights. Scandal has won it's 10pm slot 11 weeks running AND the #1 show on social media.

by Anonymousreply 42105/05/2013

There's no way Scandal won't be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 42205/05/2013

This show is too much for me. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 42305/05/2013

Good news! Gladiators. The Scandal cast will be doing a victory lap next week. The whole cast will be appearing on GMA and The View next Tuesday. We're 2 episodes away from the finale, so ABC is upping the PR for the show.

Kerry will also be on The Late Show next week promoting her movie "Peeples". I found out the film is written and directed by a woman -Tina Gordon Chism.

by Anonymousreply 42405/06/2013

The show took a turn to stupid when the President of the United States quit his job to "earn" his mistress.

by Anonymousreply 42505/06/2013

Shoo be gone 425 before somebody drops a house on you.

by Anonymousreply 42605/06/2013

Sorry guys...Kerry is on Late Show with Letterman tonight. She's doing heavy promo this week and next. Kimmel this week. Ellen and Wendy Williams next week.

MET Gala is tonight and Kerry will be walking the red carpet. I can't wait to see what designer she will wear.

For those speculating about the 3rd season...ABC wouldn't have the cast fly into NYC for ABC upfronts next Tuesday if the show wasn't getting a 3rd season. Plus the heavy PR push is a good indication that the show is being picked up for season 3.

by Anonymousreply 42705/06/2013

R425: Fuck off. I can't stand starry-eyed fans who feel threatened whenever someone offers less-than-rapturous appraisal.

I really like this show. It is everything the second season of Revenge should have been, but I do think that was a silly plot point more worthy of soapy-romancy Grey's Anatomy.

I do love the actress who plays the First Lady. She is amazing. And doesn't overact like Kerry does sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 42805/06/2013

Scandal is a wild ride. A lot of outrageous stuff goes down, but that's the whole point. If I wanted a real view of Washington, I'd go back and watch the Clinton impeachment hearings. Snooze.

by Anonymousreply 42905/06/2013

Is it just me or does the Cyrus character not have any chemistry whatsoever with his husband? I really wish they'd showing sex scenes with them. It's not hot at all. Cyrus has more onscreen heat with Mellie than he does with his own husband.

There was also something off with the chemistry between Fitz and Liv in their sex scene this week. I can't put my finger on it, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that TG directed the ep.

And I for the life of me can't figure out why so many women root for that couple. They're beyond pathetic. I for one would see no victory in finally ending up with a man who basically treated me like a trashy disposable whore and only *sort of* chose me once he realized that I was ready to walk.

by Anonymousreply 43005/06/2013

R430, I think you answered your paragraph 2 question in paragraph 3. I didn't like their sex scene either this time, and that's the first time it's been true.

by Anonymousreply 43105/06/2013

Cyrus got a blow job last week...what more do want? I mean it's network TV- I'm surprised they alluded to the BJ. I like Cyrus and James together - for me it's a grown up relationship. I'm not looking for QAF characters on Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 43205/06/2013

The age disparity and the total immaturity of James makes their relationship a bit creepy to me.

by Anonymousreply 43305/06/2013

What R432 says. It's utterly believable to me that such a political powerhouse as Cyrus has a younger, cuter boyfriend. I think Jeff Perry is absolutely wonderful in the role.

by Anonymousreply 43405/06/2013

Hallmark movie channel ran a Matlock marathon this past weekend. I'd peek in at episodes and TG was in one about medical residents murdering their boss. The episode was from 1987 and he was completely unmemorable. He is so much more attractive now.

Tim Busfield, OTOH, looked bad then and isn't great now. He peaked several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 43605/06/2013

I love huck in this show, is he gay? I saw him on Carson Daly show late at night and he mentioned that he played a tranny once and his mom plucked his eyebrows and shaved him naked for the role.

by Anonymousreply 43705/06/2013

R437, Yes, Guillermo Diaz is gay. He's out and proud!

by Anonymousreply 43805/06/2013

Anybody have an idea who the mole is?

435 Kerry is promoting her movie the Peeples right now so that is one reason she is not on vaycay.

by Anonymousreply 43905/06/2013

Guillermo in "Stonewall"

by Anonymousreply 44105/06/2013

Queen Kerry on Letterman last night. This chick is so smart!!

by Anonymousreply 44205/07/2013

Thanks, R442. I just love her. Great dress, too. She should wear purple A LOT.

by Anonymousreply 44305/07/2013

Kerry is on this month's Elle June cover. Her 1st national fashion magazine cover!! I hope Vogue is next...Beautiful!!!

by Anonymousreply 44405/09/2013

Help me out here, is it me or does her real life wardrobe suck? Every time I see a pic of her out somewhere I hate what what she has on. She needs to steal some Olivia Pope gear.

by Anonymousreply 44505/09/2013

The reason Mad Men has tons of people on it is because it's a great show with great writing.

This thread for one show has one main superfan of KW on it who bumps it up constantly with about 2 others, that is it, and it's got shit writing.

by Anonymousreply 44605/09/2013

R445, I think she has avant garde taste in clothes. Her taste in clothes is very different from her peers. Her outfits are never boring. Either you like it or you don't. That's my opinion on Kerry's style.

by Anonymousreply 44705/09/2013

[quote]Kerry is on this month's Elle June cover. Her 1st national fashion magazine cover!! I hope Vogue is next...Beautiful!!!

That fatty? Are you insane?

by Anonymousreply 44805/09/2013

R448, LOL!! If Adele can get a Vogue cover, why not Kerry?

BTW...Happy Scandal Thursday!!

by Anonymousreply 44905/09/2013

So whadja think?

by Anonymousreply 45005/10/2013

R449, that's not Adele. That's what we told Adele she should look like. And we still stuck in on the March issue, when decent people are at their most winter suicidal.

by Anonymousreply 45105/10/2013

And r446 is in this thread because?

by Anonymousreply 45205/10/2013

AWWWWAAWWWWW!!! What an episode!!! Billy is back! David - there are no words for you! But I get it...

by Anonymousreply 45305/10/2013

Any predictions for next week's season finale?

by Anonymousreply 45405/10/2013

Cyrus=Woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 45505/10/2013

Scandal had it's HIGHEST ratings EVER!!! 8.9 million/18-49 demo 3.2.

Just incredible! Beating the competition hands down in the most important demo. Disney President Bob Iger is loving the money this show is bringing to ABC. He was cheering Scandal/Shonda Rhimes on the earnings call this week.

by Anonymousreply 45605/10/2013

R457, she's also got the lead-in show, Grey's Anatomy. I don't watch it, but it must do pretty well, also. It's been on for years.

by Anonymousreply 45705/10/2013

So what did people think about the major argument between Cyrus and the spouse?

by Anonymousreply 45805/10/2013

That tirade went beyond simply being upset. Cyrus sliced and diced James. He was downright evil towards him.

by Anonymousreply 45905/10/2013

I love KW BUT she went on Bill Maher's show and wanted people with shitty grades to be given consideration for certain jobs. She seemed bright up until that point and then she lost me.

Oh besides Bai Ling what other women has she had dalliances with?

by Anonymousreply 46005/10/2013

Cyrus was awful to James, but he was not incorrect in his assessment of James' "big break." And James knows it. Now what's he going to do about it?

by Anonymousreply 46105/10/2013

What an awful dress down of James by Cyrus! They just got their relationship back on track - I'm not sure if they will survive this. If I was James I would take my child, leave and say the biggest FUCK YOU to Cyrus. Cyrus doesn't believe in his husband. He thinks he's not talented. Cyrus has belittled James before -from the schools he's attended to the places he's worked. But this time Cyrus took it to the next level and it was disgusting. I thought Cyrus was going to backhand James during the argument...he came close twice!

by Anonymousreply 46205/10/2013

She's had dalliances 461? Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 46305/10/2013

What was going through my mind when Cyrus had his meltdown all over James was that all that venom was really for Mellie but James happened to be the one standing there. What he didn't realize was that part of her pulling the pin on that grenade was to derail Cyrus's relationship with James. I'd say Mellie checkmated Cyrus.

But one has to wonder why James is not more savvy. He is supposed to be a journalist and be able to piece things together how the hell could he be so blind? Or is it some kind of statement about the kind of lame reporters we have to put up with in reality?

by Anonymousreply 46405/10/2013

So does Fitz have a cow when he sees the tape?

by Anonymousreply 46505/10/2013

R465, that was James' big opportunity to get on screen with a prime time interview. He's every bit as ambitious as Cyrus, but in a different venue.

by Anonymousreply 46605/10/2013

what do you think 466?

by Anonymousreply 46705/10/2013

ABC has released their 2013-14 schedule. Scandal has been renewed. I'm sad they cancelled Happy Endings...I loved that show from the 1st episode.

by Anonymousreply 46805/11/2013

Can someone refrsh my memory ? Who was the guy in the car at the end?

He looked familar but I can't place him. He was probably from season 1 and I can't remember how he's involved.

by Anonymousreply 46905/11/2013

R470, He was on of the most important characters in Season 1. He is Billy Chambers - chief of staff to the VP Sally Langston. He helped run Sally's campaign and was a rival of Olivia Pope on the campaign trail. Billy had dug up evidence of Fitz's affair with Olivia. Billy bugged Fitz's hotel room and heard Fitz and Oliva having sex. Billy had NO idea it was Olivia, but all he needed was the smoking gun. Billy tried to give proof to Sally, but she wasn't having none of it and had accepted Fitz's offer for the VP slot.

Billy then had Amanda Tanner seduce Fitz while she worked in the WH. Amanda was going to go to the press about the affair. Fitz had Olivia do a number on Amanda - tells her life would be ruined and she would lose everything. Fast forward...Amanda becomes Oliva's client when Olivia gets the real truth from Fitz - they did have an affair. Amanda is then killed by Cyrus who ordered a hit via Charlie. Billy goes crazy in front of the WH press and tells the world about Fitz's affair. Billy then kills Gideon the reporter hunting the truth on Amanda Tanner. OPA finds out Billy was the person who concocted the "Amanda Tanner" plan. Fitz threatens Sally to get Billy in line and deny his claims. Huck decides to call in a favor with Charlie to get rid of Billy. Last time we see Billy he's heading into a hotel elevator with Charlie. We never see Charlie kill Billy, but that was the assumption.

by Anonymousreply 47005/11/2013

R471 Thank you so much for the recap. I thought Billy was dead, but I couldn't remember the sequence of events that led us there. You have a terrific Gladiator memory.

by Anonymousreply 47105/11/2013

yes, great recap. I missed some of these episodes last season, so I didn't have all the details.

by Anonymousreply 47205/12/2013

The other thing about Gideon the reporter and his death...

Gideon was Quinn's boyfriend and Quinn found Gideon right after he died and freaked out at the scene of his murder. The Gladiators prevented any investigation tying Billy Chambers to Gideon's murder because they cleaned up the crime scene to try to protect Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 47305/13/2013

It's Scandal Thursday!!! The season finale is tonight. So looking forward to's gonna be CRAZY!!!

by Anonymousreply 47405/16/2013

Good season 2 overview before the finale at the link.

by Anonymousreply 47505/16/2013

Just a few more hours.

Thanks, R476.

by Anonymousreply 47605/16/2013

Wish there were another episode this Thursday. I'm addicted to Scandal on Thursdays.

by Anonymousreply 47705/16/2013

Boy, it was a harder day at work than I thought. I didn't even realize that the finale is tonight.

by Anonymousreply 47805/16/2013

less than 30 minutes to the final...c'mon Gladiators!!!!

by Anonymousreply 47905/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 48005/16/2013

It was good. The twist was interesting, if indecipherable. Not quite the rockin' pace I expected. Don't know where they go from here. It's almost like the whole show starts over.

by Anonymousreply 48105/16/2013

Why is he trying to destroy everything in her life? And what happened to Scott Foley: oh, no.

by Anonymousreply 48205/16/2013

After all the pre-finale hype from the cast in assorted press interviews, I expected a whole lot more.

The "shocking" twist was not shocking at all -- plenty of folks (viewers and in the media) predicted Joe Morton's character was Olivia's father a long while ago.

And, honestly, the Fitz/Olivia relationship has grown tiresome and ridiculously repetitive. They've become the least interesting people on the show.

by Anonymousreply 48305/17/2013

It's going to be hard to keep this Olitz relationship going without some satisfactory resolution. I hope they know when to get out/end the show before viewers do. I actually thought the big reveal would be that Olivia was pregnant,considering how she looked in that last scene with the POTUS in that oversized blouse she was wearing!

by Anonymousreply 48405/17/2013

The Scandal addicts are going insane on Tumblr...lots of unhappy Olitz shippers today. I don't know why these people act like Olitz were going to actually have a happy ending. You won't get that until the show ends. Shonda runs her show by her whims and not the fans. The only thing which surprised me was Rowan being Liv's Dad. Now, did he leak that she was Fitz's mistress? How the fuck is her father watching her sex tape and sending his underling to sleep with is daughter? And also try to scare or kill her. Just sick!!

Fitz's monologue to Mellie in the hospital was brillant! Too bad he fucking wimped out and was on his knees to Mellie at the end of the episode. What the point of dialogue, if his balls were going to be cut off at show's end?

Jeff Perry - You deserve an Emmy! You have hit it out the park all season. Cyrus in the ambulance was hilarious! Pure comedy!!

Nice to David with his white hat on and back in his office...can we get Alyssa back next season? I miss their chemistry!!!

September can't get here quick enough!!!

by Anonymousreply 48505/17/2013

They jumped the shark with Cyrus. He's so nasty and poisonous now , I wish they would just kill him off.

by Anonymousreply 48605/17/2013

I think Cyrus was trying to save Liv and Fitz by spilling the beans and getting them in line before Rowen could "handle" them. I was glad to see Cy and James get back together so quickly after the health scare. He really is the most forgiving guy on the planet. or maybe he figured out everything Cy said last week was true.

I also think Fitz and Liv are faking the end of their relationship to keep Mellie off guard. No way would he (literally) crawl back to his wife without an end-game plan.

by Anonymousreply 48705/17/2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONY GOLDWYN!!! 53 Never looked so good...

by Anonymousreply 48805/20/2013

Any tea on Ms. Washington?

by Anonymousreply 48906/12/2013

Not really "tea," I suppose, R490, but I knew her fairly well before she started getting parts, and she was one of the nicest, most generous people I'd ever met.

by Anonymousreply 49006/12/2013

She's a woman with a good upbringing! I think everyone loves Kerry.

by Anonymousreply 49106/12/2013

i wanna watch scandal for kerry but shonda is such a bad showrunner, along with ryan murphy and matthew weiner. :/ they start great then the story fizzle out. oh and they are douchebags

by Anonymousreply 49206/12/2013

R493, I agree with Shonda being an asshole. A lot of fans HATED the last 5 minutes of the Scandal season 2 finale. They were giving Shonda lots of shit about it on the social networks. Shonda always states she writes for herself and not for the fans of the show. She doesn't want her shows to highjacked by the fans. Her response to the fans on Twitter was uncool. This is what you get when you watch her prepared to be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 49306/12/2013

She's absolutely right, R494. You can't write for the fans, for they want everything to happen right away, and you can't have everything you want right away. If you did, there'd be no drama, and everyone could go home.

Not to say the story was structured perfectly in season 2. In terms of romance, everything got screwed up as soon as Fitz found out what had happened in Ohio and froze Olivia out. I know it was what had to happen, but it threw things off balance, the two of them suddenly not wanting the same thing out of the relationship.

I liked the thing we found out in the last five minutes. Maybe you didn't.

by Anonymousreply 49406/12/2013

They have to let Olitz get together sooner rather that eight seasons from now. Shonda can't drag this one out like the Grey's Anatomy romance-it would look pathetic for Olivia to be hanging on to this tenuous relationship for eight years! I know people have done it for longer but still...

by Anonymousreply 49506/12/2013

Who was the mole?

by Anonymousreply 49606/13/2013

R495, The fans had issue with Fitz going back to Mellie on bended knee at the end of the finale. Not Rowan and Olivia in the car. For some fans we know Olivia and Fitz are endgame. Shonda admitted that she changed the ending of the finale at the last minute - having Olivia and Fitz work out how he was going to divorce Mellie. The scene with Liv and Fitz in bed was cut. That's why Liv looked satisfied when she went downstairs for her jog. Then all hell broke loose when she went outside.

Shonda can do what she wants with her show...I'm not that fan on social networks complaining. I just observe and read what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 49706/13/2013

Oh my, I LOVE scandal! I love kerry, she is wonderful. This is based on a real person, Judy Smith, A black woman during Pres. Bush (the first Bush)

I have noticed that this show is causing a lot of interesting things in our office. The white men are constantly asking the African american women about the show and how they like it, as if they are fishing for something. I think we are about to see a lot of white men dating and marrying black women. My brother, who has never dated a black woman, brought her to our family dinner. She was a beautiful girl. My dad talked about how pretty she was.......oh well.

by Anonymousreply 49807/02/2013

Kerry's on the cover of the August Vanity Fair. Just in time for Emmy nominations!

by Anonymousreply 49907/02/2013

R499, my stepsister is married to a (hot) white guy and she calls him "her Fitz".

by Anonymousreply 50007/02/2013

I just watched the entire season on Netflix.

The Fitz/Olivia pairing was getting tiresome and OTT, there's no way he would win of he left his wife and the baby. The public would sympathize with the wife and the children but the kids were barely even mentioned. Seems like the POTUS was more concerned about his dick then running the country and being with his children. That pairing has to end and I was relieved to see him fall on his knees to his wife. I started to feel sorry for the wife because of all the constant putdowns by Fitz. They're making the First Lady too unlikeable and one-dimensional. It would be nice to see them rekindle some spark as a couple since I'm tired of the Fitz/Olivia pairing.

by Anonymousreply 50109/02/2013

Can we get a new thread for the 3rd season? It premieres Oct 3rd. Also, there will be a recap airing at 9pm EST before the premiere.

by Anonymousreply 50209/07/2013

Agree new thread. The premiere rocked but Fitz is nuts & PW. You want to tell the truth now?

by Anonymousreply 50310/04/2013

Pulled in strong numbers premiere night

by Anonymousreply 50410/04/2013

I've never been a rubber necker and I don't watch shows like this typically. But I can't take my eyes off this. I thought the premiere was a bit low key after the finale last season. I wanted Olivia to leave the country and her team have to find her. Working against Fitz who's searching as well.

by Anonymousreply 50510/04/2013

New thread for a new season.

by Anonymousreply 50610/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!