Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

HOME VIDEO ALERT! EVITA coming to blu ray this June!

blu ray and letterboxed. An Alan Parker film starring Madonna and Antonio Banderas..

Golden Globe winner!!

Does anybody care?

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 1302/08/2013

Available June 19th.

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 104/09/2012

It was good the first time, good soundtrack. But I don't need to see it again or own it.

I do hope Madonna does "Sunset Boulevard", though.

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 204/09/2012

I thought Madge gave a decent (if strenuous) performance.

But it's a mediocre movie, and a largely forgotten one. Parker was the wrong man for the job. Imagine if Ken Russell had done it, like he wanted?

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 304/09/2012

OMG!!!!

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 404/09/2012

[quote]I thought Madge gave a decent (if strenuous) performance.

The ONLY reason she gave a decent performance was because half of it's singing and dancing.

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 504/09/2012

It won't be easy, you'll think it strange When I try to explain how I feel That I still need your love after all that I've done

You won't believe me All you will see is a girl you once knew Although she's dressed up to the nines At sixes and sevens with you

I had to let it happen, I had to change Couldn't stay all my life down at heel Looking out of the window, staying out of the sun

So I chose freedom Running around, trying everything new But nothing impressed me at all I never expected it to

[Chorus:]

Don't cry for me Argentina The truth is I never left you All through my wild days My mad existence I kept my promise Don't keep your distance

And as for fortune, and as for fame I never invited them in Though it seemed to the world they were all I desired

They are illusions They are not the solutions they promised to be The answer was here all the time I love you and hope you love me

Don't cry for me Argentina

Have I said too much? There's nothing more I can think of to say to you. But all you have to do is look at me to know That every word is true

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 604/09/2012

Can you imagine how clear that cock of the third soldier showering on the right is going to look in Blu-Ray?

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 704/09/2012

That looks hot!

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 804/09/2012

I saw it once in the theater and enjoyed it and I actually thought Madge did a decent job.

That said, I have never had the urge to watch it again, or to listen to the soundtrack.

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 904/09/2012

It's a two hour music video. The entire movie is sung. Or, rather, lipsynched. Of course it's Madge's best role!

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 1004/09/2012

"But it's a mediocre movie, and a largely forgotten one. Parker was the wrong man for the job. Imagine if Ken Russell had done it, like he wanted?"

Agreed. Parker approached it like he had "Fame" and especially "Pink Floyd The Wall" -- a hodgepodge of scenes set to a soundtrack. I wonder what Oliver Stone would've done with it? Even though he is credited with writing the screenplay, I heard that it had been revised by Parker but Stone still retained credit.

I think the trouble with "Evita" is the wall-to-wall singing. It's fine on stage, but on-screen it gets tiresome. It would be the equivalent of an action movie having too much CGI. A little goes a long way. After a while your senses become fatigued.

I think the best approach for a film version of "Evita" is to cut out the recitative but retain the main songs/arias. That way it would be a movie with music/songs and not a movie opera. For example, the scene after Magaldi performs "On This Night of a Thousand Stars," where Eva is trying to convince him to bring her to Buenos Aires, should all be spoken. Then the singing would recommence when Magaldi warns her "Eva Beware of the City." Add more dialog, scenes, and expand several key characters, like her mother and siblings (especially her brother Juancito) who all became active in some way or another in her politics.

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 1104/10/2012

I just watched this in HD and well R7, I noticed that too.... and came here to see if I was alone in that.

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 1202/08/2013

"Cabaret" came out on Blu-ray on Tuesday.

by when do we get CABARET bu ray?reply 1302/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.