Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NURSE JACKIE with Edie Falco. New season on Showtime starts tonight!!

Love this series.

by Anonymousreply 13202/04/2013

thanks for the reminder.

I think I missed most of last year.

Did the hot hubby leave her? What about the funny doctor from England? Love the obnoxious nurse.

by Anonymousreply 104/08/2012

this show is so much hotter now that we "know" Peter Facinelli left his wife for James Marsden!

by Anonymousreply 304/08/2012

did you make that up r3?

by Anonymousreply 404/08/2012

I saw a bit of that first episode of the season. Of course, I know this is TV and not real life, but it was weird to see Jackie sporting a $300 haircut (and one of those that needs daily styling, too).

by Anonymousreply 504/08/2012

Is this still on?

by Anonymousreply 604/08/2012

I predict on this season Jackie will take pills and then try to cover it up.

by Anonymousreply 704/09/2012

I'm shocked!!

by Anonymousreply 804/09/2012

They're mot together anymore r8. He cheated on her. We all understand that.

by Anonymousreply 904/09/2012

Was Billy Joe Armstrong on the show?

by Anonymousreply 1004/09/2012

[quote]I predict on this season Jackie will take pills and then try to cover it up.

I just watched the first three seasons over the past few months.

I really enjoy the show and love all of the performances. BUT, it really has gone nowhere. Season 3 season finale was just stupid. She should have faced some sort of major consequence for the drugs and/or cheating on her husband. But, as always, Jackie basically gets away with everything, which has really worn thin.

Again, the performances and humor are good enough to watch the show regardless, but it would be SO much better if they'd advance Jackie's story is some meaningful way where she has to really deal with what she's done.

Why did they ever get rid of Momo? Too many gay nurses with Thor?

by Anonymousreply 1104/09/2012

Yes Billy Joe was one.

And added to the cast: Bobby Cannavale as another HOT doctor - the new boss. Anna Deveare Smith has been demoted to being just another nurse.

by Anonymousreply 1204/09/2012

I love AD Smith's character. Glad she's still around.

by Anonymousreply 1304/09/2012

Anna Deveare Smith is such a wonderful actress. Her character could have been a one-note bitch, but Smith is so good she finds humanity and humor in there.

Eve Best is also outstanding in her role.

by Anonymousreply 1404/09/2012

A show that could have been brilliant had it lasted two short seasons of 6-8 episodes each.

This season they've pulled in every hospital drama cliche available AND delved into recovery. Is there anything more tedious to watch than a story of recovery. Heartwarming. Heart wrenching. Whatever. No one gives a shit except people caught up in that whole addict/recovery culture.

The series is at its best at its most mundane, not its most dramatic. Dropping helicopters into the ambulance court while Nurse Jackie wakes up in recovery to discovery that she was never a nurse at all, that All Saints Hospital never existed, and that she's only at her Making Amends Step... it's as desperate as it is tedious. Pull the plug.

by Anonymousreply 1504/09/2012

Wow R15, I love snark and ripping apart a show as much as the next bitch, but you seem a bit too invested in your anger.

Grab the remote before your head explodes. STAT!

by Anonymousreply 1604/09/2012

No one expects realism from Nurse Jackie but the whole "stealing meds from the hospital so a stupidly stubborn patient can recuperate at home and instead of getting fired Jackie just gets winked at" theme is so ridiculously tiresome. And even a dumb simp like Zoe might resist at least a little bit since she's forced to aid and abet, not to mention call the patient AROUND THE CLOCK.

And the English doctor risking her license because Jackie has a druggie stiff at her house? JFC, who writes this? I could see if it were actually funny, but each season has dropped in quality.

And what should have been a really dramatic moment -- the pharmacist revealing to Kevin, who considered him a good friend, that he'd been fucking his wife for years -- was played for dumb laughs.

I'm a fan of some of the actors, so I'll continue to watch, but it bugs me that the show is so ridiculous when it could be, and has been, so much better.

by Anonymousreply 1704/09/2012

Have to agree with everything R17 says.

It's easy to believe Jackie can hook patients up with meds a few times, but she's gone from quietly helping them out in little ways, to stealing what looks like pillow cases full of drugs then DISCHARGING patients to go home when they're waiting to be sent to ICU.

Nevermind Zoe not looking the other way after a while, how long before some patient or family member would die or come back to sue? It's gone beyond stretching the boundaries of reality to the point you can't ignore how sloppy and silly the writers are being.

And Kevin finding out about years of Jackie screwing his out-of-the-blue best friend was a complete waste of a scene.

And yeah, nobody questions why some dead guy shows up on her living room floor? The educated, savvy ambulance driver and his nurse girlfriend are simply supposed to buy it and take the corpse away? Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 1804/09/2012

The pharmacist is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 1904/09/2012

And Jackie/Edie Falco's old ass seducing the young drug dude as well as having all of these super hot guys coming on to her is getting old.

Yeah, I know the same shit happens with male characters as well but seeing Falco's character mount Bill Joe Armstrong like she was some 23 year old was sorta gross.

It's already a stretch believing this woman would have kids as young as she has AND the much younger, hot husband, but come on already. And I LOVE Edie Falco!!

by Anonymousreply 2004/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 2104/10/2012

I like the show, but it is rather 'lather, rinse, repeat'. The show never goes anywhere, which is what bums me about United States of Tara - at least it was going somewhere and had characters who had their own stories. I missed the two together.

by Anonymousreply 2204/10/2012

So is hottie Dominic Fumusa no longer on the show?

by Anonymousreply 2304/10/2012

No, he's there R23. He's also playing a total buffoon now. He was somewhat of one in the first three seasons but it was measured. So far, three episodes in (I've jumped ahead via OnDemand) they'be turned him into a total clown.

by Anonymousreply 2404/10/2012

I don't understand Edie Falco, THIS show or why she is famous. She is BORING beyond words. This show flatlines. I know people will type "Then why did you post on this thread" and I will ask what the hell is it about this woman, this show, this actress, etc. that is remotely entertaining?

by Anonymousreply 2504/10/2012

What has change with the way Edie Falco looks? It doiesn't look like major PS work, but she looks better, less worn out this season.

by Anonymousreply 2604/10/2012

I can't argue with many of the complaints here, but I did find that Jackie's recovery plan gives Edie a lot more to do with the character than the sort-of-flatlined person she's been playing. I caught glimpses of what makes her a great actress in the episode which I have rarely seen in this series.

As for the plot, did NJ hire the writers from the fourth season of Big Love?

by Anonymousreply 2704/10/2012

[quote]What has change with the way Edie Falco looks?

She lost weight since the last season. That's one noticeable thing. Not sure if there is something else in play.

by Anonymousreply 2804/10/2012

I loved the dead crackhead in her living room.

by Anonymousreply 2904/11/2012

It's a truly awful show.

Where these accolades come from is baffling.

by Anonymousreply 3004/11/2012

In your humble opinion R30, I like it.

by Anonymousreply 3104/11/2012

[quote]It's a truly awful show.

Yes, it just seems to drone on.

But I like Enlightened very much, it so much better.

by Anonymousreply 3204/11/2012

"Enlightened" clearly signaled in the first season's final episode that her story will be moving in a new direction. (The torching of the set was a cute reinforcement of that message.) I love that show and I'm really looking forward to the next season. "Jackie" sounds like a real drag--like you could watch the first four episodes and never have to bother again because nothing really changes.

by Anonymousreply 3304/11/2012

Is the hot Indian nurse still there?

by Anonymousreply 3404/12/2012

R34 one of them. Unfortunately so is the charmless Thor, a character that should be killed or fired.

by Anonymousreply 3504/12/2012

R20, see R8. Ha, you queens are so fucking predictable.

by Anonymousreply 3604/12/2012

R26, she also grew her hair out quite a bit. It looks much, MUCH better. She looks softer.

by Anonymousreply 3704/12/2012

That African-American male nurse who had Jackie's number last season seems to be gone, I liked him because he didn't take her shit. I hate Zoe. The scene where Eddie confesses to sleeping with Jackie and then getting his ass kicked by her wimpy hubby was great with the girls in the background Wii-ing obliviously until dad slammed the door. I never noticed before, but Billy Joe Armstrong, if that was actually him, is cute.

by Anonymousreply 3804/12/2012

The African American nurse was a temp and his departure was part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 3904/12/2012

Ah thanks for the info R39, I didn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 4004/13/2012

Rehab kid with green hair is Bobby Cannavalle's son Jake. Kinda hot. Too bad their dropping the rehab arc soon.

by Anonymousreply 4104/16/2012

I thought Jackie's cover story with the kids was that she was out of town on a temporary assignment. The visit from her daughter made no sense. Working at a different job doesn't explain why she doesn't come home.

by Anonymousreply 4204/17/2012

It's clear they're not big on continuity, R42.

Still trying to like this show but it's so much of the same.

Eddie is crazy and seems like he's headed for a kill-off.

They've fucked up the dynamic of the show and its characters by bringing in some doctor who's supposed to be the mouthpiece for the new hospital owners; which makes absolutely no sense. There would be meetings and written material and likely a nurse liaison to work with them to merge the hospital into the new format, not some new "tough as nails" doctor doubling as an admin.

O'Hara being pregnant... where the fuck did that come from? She's a lesbian who never mentioned kids before and now suddenly she's like 3 months pregnant?!? And she's still coddling Jackie and riding her around the city and giving her money for rehab, etc. when any other women would be consumed by the fact they're about to have their own kid.?!

They deserve an Emmy for best adult cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 4304/17/2012

O'Hara's not a lesbian -- she's fucked girls and boys. That's called being bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 4404/17/2012

I don't like the idea of O'Hara being pregnant, it's no fun.

Jackie's daughter looks like she's headed down the same road, she looked loaded when she came to visit Jackie.

I like the rehab center supervisor, she sees right through Jackie and is pretty tough.

[quote]The African American nurse was a temp and his departure was part of the show.

I saw him in the preview for next week's show.

by Anonymousreply 4504/17/2012

One of the ladies in her support group played Jeff Goldblum's ex-wife and White House press secretary in Independence Day.

by Anonymousreply 4604/17/2012

Margaret Colin.

by Anonymousreply 4704/17/2012

I wish Anna Deveare Smith would get more screen time. I love her character. She's tough as nails but endearingly awkward at the same time, and Smith is a terrific actress.

by Anonymousreply 4804/17/2012

Loved Jackie taking charge, looking forward to the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 4906/16/2012

I can't believe this show is still on. I stopped watching halfway season two, tried watching season three, then gave up. It was "same old, same old."

by Anonymousreply 5006/16/2012

I was so psyched when she started smoking crack but then it went downhill. This season has been boring...

by Anonymousreply 5106/17/2012

Broadway's Joel Gray and Rory O'Malley were featured a couple of weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 5206/17/2012

Chloe ruins the show for me.

The guy who took Akalits' job is seriously unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 5306/17/2012

One of the main characters dies in the season finale.

Any idea who it is ?

by Anonymousreply 5406/17/2012

Has to be Cruz. They seem to be setting up for that.

by Anonymousreply 5506/17/2012

I can't stand Bobby Cannavale. Scenery chewing, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 5606/17/2012

This is the perfect example of a show I would've dropped a while back if it was one hour, but it has just enough entertainment for me despite its flaws for a 30 minute show. It goes by quick enough. It has been oddly off this season, though. The comedy is dumber than it used to be and the Canavale character is annoying; and the coincidence of his son being her rehab buddy is absolutely ridiculous in a city with millions of people.

by Anonymousreply 5706/17/2012

I don't like Canavale in this either.

I'm glad they let Zoey return to chubby.

The best thing in all of this will always be Anna D.

by Anonymousreply 5806/17/2012

I've really found this season to be weak -- who cares about Cannavale's kid? -- but the last couple eps have been pretty good. Actually humor on what purports to be a comedy! What a concept.

At least they finally got past the formula of Jackie the saint who can bully the system into paying for transplants for the indigent and doles out street justice.

by Anonymousreply 5906/17/2012

They have been working really hard to make Falco look prettier. She looks much better. I could barely stand looking at her gaunt, wrinkled hag-like body and face. It was unbearable, why did she allow it?

by Anonymousreply 6006/17/2012

I think initially they were trying to create distance from the character Carmella.

by Anonymousreply 6106/17/2012

Great episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 6206/18/2012

Jackie's kind of unlikeable and very flawed but they do try to humanize her. As vicious as her battle with Cruz was, her natural instincts as a good, sympathetic nurse kicked in and she still managed to comfort him when he found out about his son and she was able to get to O'Hara for the birth of the baby, not to mention getting her kid out of private school the way she wanted. Her friends/colleagues can put up with her bad side because they know what she's really about.

by Anonymousreply 6306/19/2012

I felt the last show of the season was a disaster. They threw everything at us, too many stories, all completely unbelievable as far as I was concerned. No emotion seemed real and the actors looked embarrassed at what they were being asked to do.

by Anonymousreply 6406/19/2012

I find it hard to believe O'hara would have become as unglued as she did right up to delivery. This is an older, competent, organized physician, after all.

by Anonymousreply 6506/20/2012

Well, that was a disappointing finale.

by Anonymousreply 6606/20/2012

Hope this means Cannavale is gone for good.

by Anonymousreply 6706/20/2012

...and I thought it was a great finale. Jackie stays clean and sober through the worst of it and we know that somehow she will triumph.

by Anonymousreply 6806/20/2012

I agree with R68, it was a terrific finale.

by Anonymousreply 6906/20/2012

I like that part, R68.

But the rest sucked.

by Anonymousreply 7006/20/2012

The best thing of all was they gave Jackie a decent hair style and made her wear more make-up. The conversion to the dark blue uniforms also helped to add some class. Falco looks better in it.

by Anonymousreply 7106/20/2012

I was happy with the ending. I wasn't that attached to Charlie and the pregnancy was starting to drag out. It was nice to see her finally please her daughter. I am thinking Cruz will either have a change of heart or just give up and Jackie will come back. But how will they keep showing Gloria and the pharmacist guy?

by Anonymousreply 7206/21/2012

It will be interesting to see how the next season develops. I do hope they get rid of the charmless Thor. A big energy sucker when it is onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 7306/21/2012

We might get our wish, R73. Linda Wallem (the sister of Stephen Wallem, who plays Thor) and Liz Brixius won't be on the show for its fifth season. Showtime has hired a new showrunner.

by Anonymousreply 7406/21/2012

Thor out, Momo back in? Might happen.

by Anonymousreply 7506/21/2012

Kill Thor, but no death scene please. Just explain that he bored himself to death.

by Anonymousreply 7606/21/2012

Maybe Cruz will take a leave of absence due to the death of his son and the hospital will bring Gloria back and she will re-hire pharmacist and Jackie....

by Anonymousreply 7706/21/2012

In the last episode, when Bobby Cannavale(clad only in a hospital gown) was climbing out of his hospital bed, he spread his legs wide open at the camera. I automatically went to re-wind only to remember I was watching on air. I find him sort of sexy, but hated his character.

by Anonymousreply 7806/21/2012

r78 - I watched it live so couldn't look that good but I think he had a dark pair of boxers on.

by Anonymousreply 7906/21/2012

I did a frame by briefs.

by Anonymousreply 8006/21/2012

If John Barrowman had played Cruz we'd be guaranteed a flash of his junk.

by Anonymousreply 8106/21/2012

Why do you say that R81, he has refused to do frontal nude scenes several times.

by Anonymousreply 8206/21/2012

Chloe bugs me more than Thor, I barely notice him but she is so cloying and the writers seem to think we're all supposed to fall in love with her schtick. I find it hard to believe that Jackie and O'Hara would really like her.

by Anonymousreply 8306/21/2012

Chloe I find endearing, I have fallen for her. She is silly, overbearing but deep down good and competent.

Thor sucks the life out of every scene.

by Anonymousreply 8406/21/2012

I really liked Chloe up until this season but they started writing her as annoying. I felt like it got better near the end of the season and I was liking her again.

by Anonymousreply 8506/21/2012

Thor needs to go, he is a horrible actor and disturbing-looking. Maybe now that his sister is off the show, he'll get canned.

by Anonymousreply 8606/21/2012

Chloe dumping Lenny was very badly written. I thought that being a slob was one of the things which endeared him to her.

by Anonymousreply 8706/21/2012

Her name is Zoey, not Chloe

by Anonymousreply 8806/21/2012

Zoey Choe, as long as Thor gets gone who cares?

by Anonymousreply 8906/22/2012

The signs of solidarity, i.e., clapping with a drug-addicted nurse who got some of her friends fired and who has been a basically terrible person for the length of her tenure at the hospital was pretty ridiculous. Along with Gloria's assertion that she could get jackie another job with one phone call. The fact that a nurse is an addict who prostituted herself for drugs with the hospital pharmacist tends to get around.

And why would Eddie hang out with her at all? Ridiculous.

Unless Cruz's son took hours and hours to die and Jackie decided she'd go home and take a nap, there'd be no way she'd go upstairs to find the female doctor already snuggling with her cleaned-up infant. Labor, especially the first time, takes a little longer than that.

I'm not sure why Zooey broke up with her BF, either. It seemed rather pointless unless they did something else with her character, which they didn't.

Please, God, make Thor go away.

by Anonymousreply 9006/22/2012

Ah, but she has not been a terrible nurse. As far as co-workers and patients Jackie is pretty wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 9106/22/2012

R-90 - Bravo! That is exactly what I was thinking, but I couldn't put it into words.

by Anonymousreply 9206/22/2012

I don't get the Thor hate. I think it's just nepotism resentment. He doesn't add much, but he doesn't bother me at all.

by Anonymousreply 9306/22/2012

For me I don't care how he got the job, he's just not a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 9406/22/2012

I hated him long before I knew about the nepotism.

He sucks the life out of every scene. He has a mush mouth and the ability to bore us to death with his stupid mushmouth delivery of lines.

by Anonymousreply 9506/22/2012

Whatever her name is, I want her gone. Thor is innocuous and doesn't have many scenes, Zoey shows up in almost every scene and is incredibly annoying.

by Anonymousreply 9606/22/2012

...and I love Zoey.

by Anonymousreply 9706/22/2012

I wish Zoey would be a victim of one of Jackie's rage-outs.

by Anonymousreply 9806/22/2012

Zoey's great.

by Anonymousreply 9906/22/2012

Zoey should get killed off in an accident next season, sending Jackie into a tailspin which leads her to falling off the wagon.

Stephen Wallem (Thor) will probably not be back. His sister's been fired and the new showrunner won't want Stephen on set all the time and possibly spilling production gossip to his sister.

by Anonymousreply 10006/22/2012

Why was Thor's sister fired?

by Anonymousreply 10106/22/2012

Apparently, the two showrunners were lesbian partners and when they broke up they brought lots of drama to the writers' room so the show needed to make a change.

(They failed to mention that they weren't very good.)

by Anonymousreply 10206/22/2012

I agree that the Thor character is a bore, but how could anyone possibly be so annoyed by him to the point of distraction? He's such a minor character.

by Anonymousreply 10306/22/2012

Yet we do hate him with a white hot passion R103. Sorry you can't understand.

by Anonymousreply 10406/22/2012

One of them is now partnered with Melissa Etheridge-I think it's Wallem.

by Anonymousreply 10506/22/2012

I like Thor. I like all of them. My favorite character is Coop. Peter Facinelli does such a good job playing a doofus.

by Anonymousreply 10606/22/2012

I disagree, R106, I got tired of Facinelli's shtick in the second season and think Coop should have taken a job in another hospital in Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 10706/22/2012

I still like Coop. The nice thing about this show is it's only a half hour, so you don't have to see or hear any of the characters for that long. Makes them more bearable that way.

by Anonymousreply 10806/22/2012

I like Coop's zaniness/sweetness better than Zoey's.

by Anonymousreply 10906/22/2012

The only character that bugs me is Jackie's whiny oldest daughter. Her husband has been acting like a prick lately but I guess I can't blame him for resenting Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 11006/22/2012

I like everyone save Thor.

Coop is fun.

by Anonymousreply 11106/23/2012

I like Jackie's oldest daughter, she's creepy, devious, mean and onto Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 11206/23/2012

The portrayal of "Grace" is dead on.

I'm with R111.

by Anonymousreply 11306/23/2012

They need to re-tool the show and call it Nurse Gloria.

by Anonymousreply 11406/23/2012

I bet a lot of viewers didn't notice that the little girl who played the younger daughter left after the second season to do Meet The Little Fockers and they replaced her with a child who looks and sounds just like her.

by Anonymousreply 11506/23/2012

Anna Deavere Smith is my favorite on the show. She is such a wonderful actress.

by Anonymousreply 11606/23/2012

I noticed a difference, R115. Couldn't pinpoint it.

by Anonymousreply 11706/23/2012

I liked this season better than the last season.

I don't think many people will notice if Thor doesn't come back, he never has much to say or do, and I don't think he's ever had any kind of story line, or character development. If they do get rid of Thor, I'd love it if the storyline they wrote for him to leave on is he gets fired and punches Bobby Cannavale in the head. Also. if they get rid of Thor they should bring back the cute gay nurse from the 1st season.

Zoey's cuteness has become grating. It seems like that is all there is to her. Her character hasn't grown much. I think the only change has been that she isn't a total nursing newbie anymore.

I found myself not hating Coop so much this season. I kinda understood him better and he started seeming like a more rounded out character not as one dimensional as in earlier seasons.

I wasn't expecting the death at the end of the season, but it wasn't a huge shock either. I had hoped that he would stick around for a while. I like his character and I thought they could have used him to help develop Dr. Cruz's character. I think they handled that pretty well. It wasn't over the top.

Also loved the last scene with 'God' on the roof as he finished his 'Vitruvian Jackie'.

by Anonymousreply 11806/23/2012

From Merritt Wever's (Zoey)IMDB bio:

Merritt Wever grew up in downtown New York and has been acting since she was very young. She graduated from LaGuardia High School and then attended Sarah Lawrence College. She was raised by her mother to be politically progressive. When not acting or protesting, Merritt enjoys spending time with her cat Spooky or going to the theater with a friend. She also likes to eat steak, have a little wine, walk in the snow and talk to Canadians. Her favorite actors are Gena Rowlands, Meryl Streep and Michael J. Pollard. She lives in Manhattan.

Does anyone not believe she wrote that herself?

by Anonymousreply 11906/23/2012

I hope Thor gets fired and leaves his glass eye behind for Jackie to use as a paper weight.

by Anonymousreply 12006/23/2012

Bobby Cannavale's son on the show is his son in real life. Jake Cannavale is his name. He is the grandson of Sidney Lumet and his great grandmother is Lena Horne.

by Anonymousreply 12106/23/2012

I hope Cannavale bends Facinelli over his desk and says "you know you want it, you little bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 12206/23/2012

I didn't realize the episode two weeks ago was the season finale - I kept waiting for the final two episodes to air. Why only 10 this season?

by Anonymousreply 12307/02/2012

Budget cuts, R123. Showtime had The Big C cut to only 10 episodes, too.

by Anonymousreply 12407/06/2012

You kidding me. That was finale? Oy what a waste

by Anonymousreply 12507/06/2012

That really should have been the end of the series.

by Anonymousreply 12607/06/2012

I find the eldest daughter very hard on the eyes. Almost as difficult to look at as Thor and Doctor British Lady and Edie Falco, for that matter. I guess they had to get an ugly supporting cast to balance out Falco's face.

I think it would have been more interesting if they'd kept Cruz' son around

And I really like the drug counselor, Sarah Silverman's sister, and Merrit Wever. I'd watch a show with just the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 12707/09/2012

[quote]the drug counselor, Sarah Silverman's sister

You mean Jane? With those mean spider eyes.

by Anonymousreply 12807/09/2012

Yeah, but I like her face for some reason and her energy.

by Anonymousreply 12907/09/2012

Yeah, R128. I didn't need to [bold]SEE[/bold] that!

by Anonymousreply 13007/09/2012

I think if The Comeback had stuck around for another season then Jane Silverman's character would have had an affair with Valerie Cherish's husband.

by Anonymousreply 13107/09/2012

Yes, I know I'm late to the party and bumping an old thread, but I just finished watching Season 4. I'm glad they changed up the formula a bit this season. No, it wasn't perfect, but still enjoyable and entertaining. I thought this was the last season, though - I didn't realize it was coming back for another one.

[quote]And Jackie/Edie Falco's old ass seducing the young drug dude as well as having all of these super hot guys coming on to her is getting old... Yeah, I know the same shit happens with male characters as well but seeing Falco's character mount Bill Joe Armstrong like she was some 23 year old was sorta gross...AND the much younger, hot husband...

Wait - a woman shouldn't have sex or be shown having sex unless she's 23? And at age 40, Billy Joe is hardly some "young dude." Plus, the husband is not "much younger" (a 6-year difference). And most of the guys on the show are not "superhot." Do you complain all the zillions of times these scenarios happen with the genders in reverse? I'm guessing you don't.

by Anonymousreply 13202/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!