Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anything on Funny or Die actually funny?

I love the Between 2 Ferns sketches with Zach G., but everything else on that site seems brutally unfunny.

Am I missing something?

Links to prove me wrong?

by Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marmreply 1006/27/2013

Yes

by Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marmreply 104/08/2012

Ummm...how was that funny, R1?

by Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marmreply 204/08/2012

The simple answer: no.

The site was established to give comedy stars like Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller a venue for web-friendly, subversive comedy.

Unfortunately, what it's now become is an outlet for outlying members of that comedy clique to post pet projects that only they find funny.

Worse yet, a backbone of the site at its establishment was the "funny" or "die" buttons, which allowed any user to instantly vote a video "up" or "down", curating the site by proxy.

But now, if a video has even the most tangential celebrity connection, it is ruled a "chosen one" and made immune to the opinions of the average viewer.

One of the most egregious examples is linked below, so unfunny it's physically painful.

by Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marmreply 304/08/2012

R2 Sometimes I do not exactly hit the ball out of the park when I am being the Paula Prentiss Troll. Sorry. It's a hit or miss thing sometimes.

by Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marmreply 404/08/2012

All that being said, the Between Two Ferns sketches are utterly hilarious. Especially the Natalie Portman edition.

by Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marmreply 504/08/2012

This one is more hot than funny but funny nonetheless:

by Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marmreply 604/08/2012

Those videos by the Franco brothers are painfully unfunny.

by Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marmreply 704/08/2012

Why did Ferrell do that Mexican movie? His fans are NASCAR dads, and they don't read subtitles.

by Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marmreply 804/09/2012

This commercial parody with Mandy Moore is funny.

by Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marmreply 906/27/2013

Their celebrity videos are mostly navel-gazing bores, but the TV show Billy On The Street that they produce is awesome.

by Pollyanna Prisspot, School Marmreply 1006/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.