Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone here a fan of Rose Byrne?

I think she's a pretty good actress, and does a decent American accent.

I'm not loving her 70's style hair, and she's looking a bit thin these days.

But I still like her!

by Anonymousreply 4609/28/2013

I like her OP. She's different in every role, I never recognize her.

by Anonymousreply 104/05/2012

I like her too Op. she was great in Bridesmaids.

by Anonymousreply 204/05/2012

She is gorgeous. Seriously perfect, gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 304/05/2012

love her on DAMAGES. She is uniformly excellent in everything.

by Anonymousreply 404/05/2012

Her angular looks may not translate as she ages. Loved her in 28 days later.

by Anonymousreply 504/05/2012

I think she is terrific. Gorgeous and extremely talented. She should be having Keira Knightley's career.

by Anonymousreply 604/05/2012

I like her. I had no idea she played Briseis in "Troy" when Wolgang Petersen re-wrote The Iliad so that Achilles was not in love with Patroclus, but with this Trojan woman.

by Anonymousreply 704/05/2012

Talented and too thin. Deserved the Emmy over Glenn for first season of Damages.

by Anonymousreply 804/05/2012

She was terrible in that XMen movie. No sense of camp or humor.

by Anonymousreply 904/05/2012

Agree about her being too thin. She's so gorgeous. The pressure of losing weight obviously happened once she moved to LA.

by Anonymousreply 1004/05/2012

I like her too.

But she had me worried in Insidious. She was so thin that she looked like someone who was in the throes of a serious illness. It was actually distracting how listless she seemed. It wasn't part of the film's plot or anything either.

by Anonymousreply 1104/06/2012

I thought she was great in X-Men. No sense of camp or humor? WTF? She stripped down to skimpy lingerie in her first scene. Besides, she was playing Moira MacTaggert for fuck's sake, not Emma Peel.

Dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 1204/06/2012

I think she was in that Nic Cage movie Knowing. I liked her in that. She seemed to be a little over the top but if your mother told you you would die on a certain day that might screw you up a little.

by Anonymousreply 1304/06/2012

Love her! Agree w/R8 she kills on Damages and so perfect in Bridesmaids.

by Anonymousreply 1404/06/2012

I like her, I just wish she wasn't competing with Rachael Taylor for the title of Hollywood's Most Lollipop-Headed Australian Import

by Anonymousreply 1504/08/2012

I think she's an anorexic twit whose voice never ceases to annoy me. Hated her in Bridesmaids, hated her in Marie Antoinette, hated her on Damages...doesn't help that she comes across as a humorless megabitch.

by Anonymousreply 1604/08/2012

phi phi O'hara is that you @r16?

Love Rose, think she is a talented beautiful woman.

by Anonymousreply 1704/08/2012

I'm not getting all this love for a very blah actress with very blah looks. I tend to forget that she was even in half the movies I see of her.

by Anonymousreply 1804/08/2012

You've got to be kidding. Different in every role? She's exactly the same in everything I've ever seen her in. I don't mind her but let's be real here.

by Anonymousreply 1904/08/2012

I'm watching Damages, and loving her, but she does seem to get thinner each season. (That does fit her character).

by Anonymousreply 2004/11/2013

She looks really thin here.

by Anonymousreply 2107/31/2013

Jennifer Connelly's sister. Did not recognize at all in Bridesmaids and was shocked that was her. Good in Adam with a brilliant Hugh Dancy. Was also shocked she's another Australian, so yeah she's good.

Most of the stuff on her you read on the internet is focussed on her weight. But then she can't be any worse than Knightley can she.

by Anonymousreply 2207/31/2013

Great and underrated actress. As good as la Blanchett when given the right role.

by Anonymousreply 2307/31/2013

I'm not a fan. She comes off as prissy and annoying in everything I have seen her in.

by Anonymousreply 2407/31/2013

Yep! She's very good. I was going to see Damages following her hilarious turn in Bridesmaids.

Ended up re-watching X-Files and the original Killing instead.

by Anonymousreply 2507/31/2013

Supposedly going to be in Guy Ritchie's "Man from UNCLE"

by Anonymousreply 2607/31/2013

Does she still have an accent when she isn't acting?

I know some foreign actors just talk with American accents while they do press so they don't confuse people watching the interviews (Christian Bale, Gillian Anderson, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 2708/01/2013

Loved her in I Capture the Castle.

by Anonymousreply 2808/01/2013

Love her, one of the first movies that I saw her in was 28 weeks later. Thought she was hilarious in Bridesmaid. Also really like the movie Adam she did with Hugh Dancy.

by Anonymousreply 2908/01/2013

Gillian Anderson has a foreign accent? She's trippin if she's trying to do that. anyway... rose byrne, i want to like her but she hasn't broken through as a terrific actress or anything imo. she won venice best actress for something totally obscure in 2000, i take some notice of her since i found that out. she also seems intelligent which is at least better than watching an idiot

by Anonymousreply 3008/01/2013

creeped me out when she got stuck in the garage door opener in Scream.

by Anonymousreply 3108/01/2013

I saw her in a play in Australia about ten years ago. It was an amateur play and she sort of popped up in one of the scenes. I guess she did a favor for someone. She was supposed to be playing some geeky girl and they had tried to "ugly" her up. Even before I realized who she was I remember thinking that she was gorgeous, by far the most beautiful girl on stage and no amount of "ugly" make up was going to change that. It was after that I realized it was Rose Byrne.

by Anonymousreply 3208/01/2013

Great actress who also can do comedy. She was hysterical in Get Him To The Greek.

by Anonymousreply 3308/01/2013

I find Rose Byrne fantastically twee. Twee is whimsy without wit. It's mimsy-mumsy sweetness without any kind of bite. And that's not for me.

She can't sing and she can't really act, I'm afraid. I'm sure she is a delightful woman—and perhaps if I knew her I would enjoy her acting more, but I don't, so that's all there is to it, really.

by Anonymousreply 3408/01/2013

Apparently a really nice person and very shy.

by Anonymousreply 3508/01/2013

Rosie is extremely sweet and very quiet. When she did Insidious, she was going through a pretty bad break up. But currently she's super surprised that a hot guy like Bobby is dating her.

by Anonymousreply 3608/01/2013

I think she's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 3708/01/2013

She was with Stacy Kiebler on that new Jane Lynch TV show (the one where everyone yells at each other for an hour).

They looked so awkward beside each other. They left such a big gap between them, feet crossed away, and barely gave high fives to each other. Didnt even look at each other (everyone else was). What's up with that? Did Rose hear rumors about Stacy, which made her awkward around her?

by Anonymousreply 3808/01/2013

She's really good in the third season of Damages. She good in all of them, but even more so in the third season.

by Anonymousreply 3908/26/2013

She's gone blonde.

by Anonymousreply 4009/23/2013

She's shrill and anorexic. Love her!

by Anonymousreply 4109/23/2013

I don't like the blonde so much, but I love the hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 4209/23/2013

I don't like the blonde either.

by Anonymousreply 4309/23/2013

Who's Rose Byrne?

by Anonymousreply 4409/23/2013

[quote]I like her OP. She's different in every role, I never recognize her.

She seems sweet and nice, but to say that she's different in every role is a bit of a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 4509/23/2013

R28 I had no idea she was in a movie with Henry Cavill! I will need to watch it now. She is elegant, talented and her beauty is classical. I'm a fan.

by Anonymousreply 4609/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.