Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Commercials you hate...

Meineke Commercial - Hate those people making the sounds.

Carnival Cruise Commercial- The lion and bear need to eat those two screaming fools.

New Target Commercial - Alouette is annoying as hell and so is the idea behing the commercial.

What commercials annoy you?

by Anonymousreply 20305/07/2015

The credut card one where the woman climbs to the top of the mountain "Someone left the gate open!" song.

by Anonymousreply 104/05/2012

R1, outside the context of that commercial, the song is really great. Too bad everyone hates it now because of its association with the ad.

by Anonymousreply 204/05/2012

The Geico "weeeeeeee!" pig. Bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 304/05/2012

Here's a hard question: there's a singer who tries to sound like a little girl whose music is in the background of several ads for products related to kids or the home.

It's suprememly annoying. Can anyone make it stop? My remote is getting worn.

by Anonymousreply 404/05/2012

Gerber Baby College Plan -- UGH!

by Anonymousreply 504/05/2012

This one makes my butt itch!

by Anonymousreply 604/05/2012

Anything starring Kathie Lee Gifford.

by Anonymousreply 704/05/2012

Anything for Twix or Kit Kat bars that features the syncopated sound of people crunching and chewing. Can't run for the remote fast enough.

The cruise line commercials with the "Bang on de drum all day" soundtrack. Song isn't that bad, but the slo-mo shots of the hideous father dancing and jumping around while the daughter blows a huge gum bubble is somehow disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 804/05/2012

The only commercials I don't hate are the ones with cute boys in them.

by Anonymousreply 904/05/2012

ITA, R3.

I want to roast that little piglet and eat him with cornbread and beans.

I also HATE that stupid fucking lizard.

GEICO needs to spend less scratch on dumb commercials, and lower their outrageously high rates.

by Anonymousreply 1004/05/2012

The one with the little girl dressed as a tree for her school play complaining that her dad didn't download her big moment. Shut the fuck up, you whiny little bitch.

The one for a bank where the guy's wife leaves him that morning, and unconcerned about bigamy charges, marries the nerdy ginger, to the delight of all, that day. But the guy is unconcerned because his mortgage is stress-free. Totally stupid and irritating.

by Anonymousreply 1104/05/2012

Coupon Suzy & her shrink -- they seem to be run almost back to back.

by Anonymousreply 1304/05/2012

Toyota Prius/Game of Life commercials - They run frequently on Hulu and I've gotten sick of them. Hate the pastel colors especially.

by Anonymousreply 1404/05/2012

Enough Coupon suzy already. Most stores don't take printed coupons. Plus you waste money on paper and ink. Though she spends a lot on commercials so someone must be paying her.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2012

The Tostinos Pizza Rolls commercial with the dense kid who doesn't see the frozen snacks in the freezer right in front of him. I kinda wish he electrocutes himself making the little taste treats.

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2012

The other cruise ship commercial with the couple flashing back to their previous vacation trapped in their car, menaced by bears, and SCREAMING. Really abrasive.

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2012

That cunt that does the commercials for the oil and gas industry attempting to tell us that they deserve to make trillions of dollars every quarter and pay no income taxes. I wish she would die in a petroleum grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 1904/12/2012

Those etrade commercials with babies with adult voices or any commercial like that, it's creepy and irritating.

by Anonymousreply 2004/12/2012

r12 is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 2104/12/2012

I'm with [R10], who also forgot that completely unfunny "ROW" attempt at humor. Geico needs to stop. Just stop it. Now.

by Anonymousreply 2204/12/2012

The Jimmy Fallon commercials with the baby.

by Anonymousreply 2304/12/2012

That is baby Harrison Morgan, Dexter's boy.

Jimmy Fallon better be nice to him.

by Anonymousreply 2404/13/2012

The creepy Aleve commercial with the old lady real estate agent. The only sound is a voice over announcer and sounds of her walking up steps, slurping water and coffee.

The creepiest part is when her "doctor" pulls out a bottle of Aleve. She gives her a look like she wants to shove the bottle up her dried out twat...

by Anonymousreply 2504/13/2012

The one that tries to convince everyone that high-fructose corn syrup is harmless.

Another vote for that lady in the pant suit who shills for the oil companies.

Those BP commercials that extol how many wonderful things they've done for the Gulf coast recently.

by Anonymousreply 2604/13/2012

The new Clorox ad campaign that shows all the "hilarious" ways that a baby can piss, shit and puke on you before Clorox comes to the rescue.

by Anonymousreply 2704/13/2012

The animated diaper commercial that has 3 babies competing to see who can have the biggest shit blowout. Who greenlights these awful commercials?

by Anonymousreply 2804/13/2012

Philadelphia "cooking creme" looks and sounds like whipped semen.

by Anonymousreply 2904/13/2012

Sleep Experts, with that woman whose voice makes it sound like she's got a tit caught in a wringer. Bleating! I want to SHOOT her!

by Anonymousreply 3004/13/2012

The Shiner Wild Hare Pale Ale faux nature documentary commercial that's a minute long. Drives me up the fucking wall. Every time it plays on Hulu I click the "no" next to "Is this ad relevant to you?" bit, but it just keeps playing. Fuck. I hate that commercial.

by Anonymousreply 3104/13/2012

From the insurance world:

1) The Liberty Mutual commercial with everyone cooing at each other's "good deeds". Nauseating, and completely ridiculous. And I still don't really know what kind of insurance Liberty Mutual offers or how (or why) I would get it.

2) The State Farm commercial (I think it's State Farm, might be Allstate) with "Jerry Newman." In addition to being completely annoying, I am irritated by the plot of the commercial. What do we know?

-- Jerry has a penchant for accidents. -- He calls State Farm. Jessica of State Farm says "sorry, nope". -- He was a prior State Farm customer, and apparently a longtime fan of Jessica's; nonetheless HE LEFT STATE FARM. This is no small point. Why did he do this? It remains a mystery, but something satisfied customers don't do. -- State Farm for some reason is interested in wooing Jerry back, despite Jerry being the very worst kind of insurance customer (ie someone who will file multiple claims).

Overall I think it is very bizarre to have an entire ad campaign centered around someone you refuse to help. What is meant to be? A lecture? A threat? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 3204/13/2012

The Target alouette ad is truly awful. I like Target; hate this new ad! Makes me want to punish Target by not shopping there.

by Anonymousreply 3304/13/2012

That fucking AT&T commercial with the girl who just got a part in a movie where her only line is "Latte". I hate even LOOKING at blabbering idiots like her.

by Anonymousreply 3404/13/2012

The new State Farm commercials with "Mayhem"

by Anonymousreply 3504/13/2012

The Honey Nut Cheerios one with the waitress who "mixes up the orders" - gah! Everyone involved in this commercial is stupid...from the asshat who came up with this shit to the ad exec who pitched it to the Cheerios people who thought this was good enough to put on the air. Even the good folks who've appeared in those Snuggie commercials are probably embarrassed for the poor actors who ended up in this dreck!

by Anonymousreply 3604/13/2012

This is older, but those Unisom commercials where the old bag's son assures her that Unisom is not habit-forming.

SIX MONTHS LATER, we see another commercial where she's writing him a thank-you note (the first was a phone call).

TWO YEARS LATER...

They finally dropped the campaign.

I was waiting for the next installment where the doctor informs his mom that Unisom is no longer available on the open market, but he can get her some for $100 a pill.

by Anonymousreply 3804/15/2012

[quote]Makes me want to punish Target by not shopping there.

You should not shop at Target because it made huge contributions to political candidates who oppose equal rights for gay people, & then shrugged off complaints & refused to do anything about it. The irritating commercials are just a secondary reason to take your business elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 3904/15/2012

r37=bigot; uneducated

by Anonymousreply 4004/15/2012

The new Honda Pilot commercial with the kids doing the opening bars of Ozzy's "Crazy Train". Like these kids would know the song. Hell, I'm sure they don't know who Ozzy is.

by Anonymousreply 4104/15/2012

The Metro PCS commercial with the annoying hipster dude leaping and gyrating around while he talks on his phone. I keep hoping he'll leap in front of a bus.

by Anonymousreply 4204/15/2012

I absolutely loathe that JG WENTWORTH commercial where the bus passengers all sing opera.

"...877-CASH-NOW!!!!!"

Ugh!

OTOH, I adore that commercial for something like a Swiffer wetjet (or maybe it is actually Swiffer) where the old wetjet is wearing a black ski mask and shouts at the cleaning lady, "Gimme all your money!" It may sound dumb, but imagining a hausfrau being robbed, raped and possibly murdered by household cleaning supplies cracks me up. It's devilishly clever.

by Anonymousreply 4404/15/2012

[quote]It may sound dumb, but imagining a hausfrau being robbed, raped and possibly murdered by household cleaning supplies cracks me up. It's devilishly clever.

It doesn't sound "dumb," R44, it makes you sound as though you have sociopathic tendencies, as well as other mental health issues, in addition to being a misogynist.

by Anonymousreply 4504/15/2012

For the sake of R45, I hope he never watches an old John Waters film.

by Anonymousreply 4604/15/2012

R46, I've seen all the old John Waters films, only they weren't old when I first saw them.

And I understand that plenty of people who appear to be well adjusted watch Law & Order: SVU because they like the titillating language and fantasies of rape and child sex abuse.

But it still seems to me someone who sits around watching commercials and laughing hysterically while imaging housewives being raped and murdered has issues.

by Anonymousreply 4704/15/2012

I really, really hate that woman who shops at ShopRite because she has 8 kids and needs to save money on groceries. I want to kick her in the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4804/15/2012

The one with Lisa Rinna having to wear Depends on the Red Carpet (although the announcer notes that she "does not need them") while poor Harry Hamlin has to ogle her with his tongue lolling out as if the thought of piss-filled adult diapers is the biggest boner inducer ever. It appears neither of them banked much of their salaries from years gone by.

by Anonymousreply 4904/15/2012

Geico's shit-tastic commercials is the clear winner here!

They couldn't pay me to take their insurance!

by Anonymousreply 5004/15/2012

Commerical I LOVE. The Fiat commercial with the Italian Supermodel. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 5104/15/2012

Two different bowel movement-related ads that I'm not a fan of...

1. The cartoon bears for Charmin toilet paper that show the bears complaining about the stuff falling apart and sticking their butt. Hate it.

But in Charmin's defense, since they are trying to point out that their product is better because it doesn't fall to pieces when you are wiping, I can't think of a less uncomfortable way to handle it than with cartoon bears. Maybe for their next version they could show the bear getting shit on his fingers when the bear family saves money on a cheaper brand that rips while wiping. That would really drive the message home.

2. The Metamucil ad where the crazy-eyed lady talks about how psyllium fiber "gels to remove unsexy waste."

Why does she have to use the word 'unsexy' to refer to fecal matter? Is it necessary to clarify that shit is not usually titillating (no offense intended to the scat fans here)? There are plenty of other adjectives they could have chosen, or better yet, just call it 'waste.' Not sexy or unsexy.

by Anonymousreply 5204/15/2012

Jon Stewart did a thing about the Charmin bear ad some time ago.

It was -- I think -- about the fact that some gay-related ad (not sexual at all) had been refused by a network as being too explicit. Stewart correctly pointed out the network ran the ads that showed a cartoon bear with shitty toilet paper stuck to its ass and didn't worry about it being too explicit.

by Anonymousreply 5404/15/2012

2 tickets to paradise! Pack your bags we will leave tonight! Lol this commercial and every car commercial and progressive commercial there a waste of money and time.

by Anonymousreply 5501/30/2013

I hate the one where Pia Zadora dons a persimmon-scented strap-on and rapes 50 eldergays with her mind.

Actually, I love that one. I hate the ones where an old, cockless businessman is supposed to be clever because he uses some stupid financial service.

by Anonymousreply 5601/30/2013

Ugh. Thought about this thread today. Little black kid is proud he made a poopy. Where is it, Mom asks. Points to bathtub.

Erf for Clorox.

by Anonymousreply 5701/30/2013

What's better, FASTER or SLOWER?

What's better, doing two things at once, or only one thing at once?

God, I fucking hate those commercials.

by Anonymousreply 5801/30/2013

I hate those god-damned new Edsel commercials they keep running. They interrupted the Ed Sullivan Show twice last night.

by Anonymousreply 5901/30/2013

I hate that new ad campaign for Zaxby's. You know, the one where the fat woman chops off her tits and howls at the moon. Her no-chinned husband looks on in horror as she takes their youngest child and stuffs his head in the toilet, slamming down the lid hard. A deep voiceover says "We don't serve those kinds of breasts. Come enjoy our chicken with Zax Sauce and a zalad".

by Anonymousreply 6001/30/2013

The Marie Callendar pot pie commercials!!

Who eats pot pies? Do they really induce laughter and good times as suggested by the commercial? And if they did, would they be casually sitting around on front porch swings or staring at each other as though it's truly a hallmark moment being together?

by Anonymousreply 6202/14/2013

"That is baby Harrison Morgan, Dexter's boy. Jimmy Fallon better be nice to him."

Huh? Was there another baby when the ads started?

The baby who has been on the ads for about a year is a female, it's definitely not Dexter's son.

There's way too many annoying commercials to list, the recent Target commercials, featuring anorexic models posing with mundane cleaning products while dressed in high end designer clothes, were absolutely ridiculous.

Anything to make washing floors seem less tedious?

What was even more ridiculous, Target does not sell any of the clothes worn in these TV ads!

by Anonymousreply 6302/14/2013

The Geico pig and girl sitting in the car, waiting for the tow truck. Creepy because the girl is apparently into bestiality.

The commercial for Jane Seymour's open hearts jewelry collection where the guy give his soon-to-be step-daughter a necklace because he had just proposed to her mother. For the first couple of seconds, it's just too creepy.

by Anonymousreply 6402/14/2013

That Juicy Fruit commercial.

Everyone on the that amusement park ride is gay right?

They seem to be calling us "fruits"

by Anonymousreply 6502/15/2013

The commercials/promos for the new season of Celebrity Apprentice where a bunch of them complain about bring "fired" and how their lives had been ruined. It irritates me because there are low/middle-income and working class people who HAVE lost their jobs and are struggling to get by day after day. To have a bunch of z-list celebs complaining like they do just strikes me as wrong.

by Anonymousreply 6602/15/2013

Leo in time-out. (IKEA)

Just give me 5 minutes with him. Please.

by Anonymousreply 6702/15/2013

"Whatever...we'll be on the patio...can you bring us the popcorn ?..."

by Anonymousreply 6802/21/2013

I love the Iams commercial where Ziggy the cat is the only one allowed in autistic Jake's very private world.

I also want to bang the Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowl guy wearingW the sun costume. When he asks the guy where his sausage and potatoes can be found my mind races with dirty thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 6902/21/2013

"Not tonight Berta, Not tonight"

by Anonymousreply 7002/21/2013

There's one for the travel website Kayak, that has a couple checking into a hotel. They do these really elaborate dance steps as they approach the check-in desk. Then the man rings the bellhop bell with his foot.

by Anonymousreply 7103/01/2013

Oh my god, r70, I hate that! I thought her name was Britta? At any rate, she must be dead by now. They stopped showing that commercial and I thought she died but now it's on again. Are they implying that they can keep you alive forever? That would suck.

by Anonymousreply 7203/01/2013

The BP sponsored ad where ugly ass tourism officials from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida try to one-up each other. Those ads all by themselves probably reduced Gulf Coast travel 10%.

by Anonymousreply 7403/03/2013

Eva Longoria dancing in some goddamn cat food commercial. Is she that broke? Humiliating!

by Anonymousreply 7503/03/2013

That stupid commercial(and the equally stupid song that accompanies it) with a bunch of women acting like 3-year-olds, giggling to themselves and kicking their feet over eating a wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese. It's frickin' CHEESE, you idjits!

by Anonymousreply 7603/03/2013

There's one for Optimum cable/internet service that shows this 20-something Asian chick using her cellphone excessively, to take photos and tweet them. She takes pics of all her shoes, her plate of waffles, etc. to "share". She can't pay attention to her friend cause she's too busy checking her phone.

All this is done is a spirit of fun and "isn't being online the best?!". I just want to slap the phone out of her hand and then stomp it into dust.

by Anonymousreply 7703/09/2013

Oscar Mayer bacon ad, where the Dad comes into the room speaking slang to his tween son, saying "whazzup homies" and "what's the 411" and "holla" just so he can ask for the last piece of bacon. Cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 7803/09/2013

Charmin has another crass and crude ad for their ass paper. This one has a bear sitting on top of a washing machine that has laundry swishing around. The bear says "This (doing laundry) is one way to keep your underwear clean - Charmin is another". Then the voiceover talks about the special technology they use so that their TP gets your crack extra clean.

Aaarrrggggh - so gross.

by Anonymousreply 7903/15/2013

Those damn AT&T commercials with the annoying kids talking about which is better... faster or slower, one thing or two things, blah blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 8003/16/2013

Fred Thompson, Henry Winkler, and Robert Wagner all shilling for reverse mortgages.

by Anonymousreply 8103/16/2013

There's one that's running on how to spot someone having a stroke. It's informative but creepy. The woman whose face is drooping freaks me out.

by Anonymousreply 8204/10/2013

r81, you forgot to mention Pat Boone "singing" in his easy access shower/tub.

by Anonymousreply 8304/10/2013

The Progressive Insurance commercial where the guy is yelling until Flo turns something off...I can't mute the remote fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 8404/10/2013

R1 wins. That one is the FUCKING. WORST.

by Anonymousreply 8504/10/2013

The one where the woman who looks like Megan Mullaly is pretending to make her "Oaty chewey bars" which are actually store bought. Her husband on the commercial makes Paul Lynde look like Charles Bronson. I'm embarrassed for her.

by Anonymousreply 8604/10/2013

I've seen a few recently where the ad men are clearly thinking "we need a Lena Dunham type, but pretty and thin".

by Anonymousreply 8704/10/2013

Not sure how national they are but in the Philadelphia area I hate the W.B. Mason ads with the BuyRight kids/

by Anonymousreply 8804/11/2013

The one for Hampton Inn where the cute desk clerk's obviously been expecting his fuck buddy to check in, as he does on the regular. FB shows up; big smiles from both dudes. FB says I wanna introduce you to my A-team. WTF? Wife and 2.5 spawn appear. Desk clerk, crushed, smiles bravely.

by Anonymousreply 8904/11/2013

The spokesperson with the FAKEST Australian accent for the "Outback Steakhouse"..that annoying fake accent fades in and out..

by Anonymousreply 9004/13/2013

Can't stand those Jennifer Hudson commercials for Weight Watchers where she always has to "sing" aka scream and holler.

by Anonymousreply 9104/13/2013

R84...You are spot on. It is the "Let's get ready to Rumble!!!" guy. I has having a small nap when it came on. It was like a nail in my head! I hate all those spots. I hate Flo and the color scheme. Just awful!

by Anonymousreply 9204/13/2013

Sleep Experts and that bleating moron of a woman who practically creams her jeans talking about fucking mattresses! I think she's the CEO, so she gets to be in the commercials. Jesus PETE, she needs a fucking voice coach. Or better yet, someone give her a glass of lighter fluid.

by Anonymousreply 9304/13/2013

STOOPID AT&T U-Verse commercial where the snotty teenager is dissing her mom because she's putting out a platter of coldcuts or something and the kid suddenly announces that her vegan boyfriend is coming over for lunch. Mom quickly gets on the internet AS IF that's going to solve the problem. I would have hurled that platter at that snot.

by Anonymousreply 9404/13/2013

r86 wins! I fucking hate that chick and her scratchy, girly voice. She was also murdering a Go-Go's song on some back to school sale commercial. She was the shit back in 2012. I hope she won't be anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9504/13/2013

R94, that's a horrible commercial to illustrate the problem AT&T solves. You could go on the internet with any provider to solve this problem. AT&T provides nothing unique.

by Anonymousreply 9604/13/2013

There's one for Las Vegas, where LV is played by a middle-aged guy. He's in line for something (the DMV?) and the loud black chick behind the counter starts berating him for not letting her in on the great deals at various casinos, shows, etc.

Who okayed this ad? It puts the woman in such a bad light - she's the stereotypical "angry black person", that I feel ashamed for my race.

by Anonymousreply 9704/13/2013

There's one for an internet provider, I think. It has a black guy working on his laptop, when suddenly, a large Asian guy pops up out of his sweater.

Then this two-headed freak starts fighting over who can work the PC. I don't hate this ad, but it's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 9804/14/2013

There's one for Hot Pockets, where a guy has just heated one up, when his friend shows up with his hot sister.

The sister is so turned on by the Hot Pocket eater that she sidles up to him and takes a bite from the other end while it's in his mouth. This ad is so cheesy; Hot Pockets make you sexy! I wish the guy had showed up with his hot brother instead.

by Anonymousreply 9904/20/2013

If you watch reruns of sitcoms later at night they seem to group them together, one after the other. I guess they think they are funny commercials so they'll be appreciated by the audience.

There's the "Don't call Michael Bolton" one, the Dunkin Donuts "That's a wrap" and some thing else. Maybe the Progressive "Let's get ready to rumble "mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 10004/20/2013

The Toyota commercial with the little boys hitting on the sales lady. "What are you doing later... Jan?"

by Anonymousreply 10104/20/2013

The 'Preen' commercial, where the two enslaved children, digging in the garden for their pompous Dad, look up at the camera and robotically say, 'Preen! Preen!' There's something really creepy about it.

by Anonymousreply 10204/21/2013

I hate the lady who pops up on planes and in courtrooms shouting "Who has constipation? What about occasional bloating?"

by Anonymousreply 10304/21/2013

The one with the blonde woman in the black suit extolling the wonders of petroleum.

by Anonymousreply 10605/09/2013

The new commercial for some 'disintegrating pellets' rifle, which for some reason, now seems to be in constant rotation late night on IFC!

Any commercial where rap/hip-hop music is used to convey 'hipness'.

The International Delight woman now also seems to have a huge carton of that shit in her bag during some ranch vacation, utterly absurd!

The Optimum, "Don't Call Michael Bolton" commercial. Annoying as hell, especially with MB's smug face. Has anyone actually called the MB number? I wonder what that number is for.

Carvel's latest ads, the voice over actor was clearly chosen because they were looking for a gruff voice which sounded like the late Tom Carvel's voice. The voice sounds more like a man with throat cancer!

by Anonymousreply 10705/09/2013

Another vote for the Weeeee Pig.

Any bladder control commercial.

Same with toilet paper and tampons.

by Anonymousreply 10805/09/2013

Cheerios commercial showing infant eating Cheerios from high chair. It has the hash tag symbol with "nomnom" in lower left corner. Of course the high pitch folk singer of the Cherrios jingle is heard at the end to make it even more endearing.

by Anonymousreply 10905/09/2013

Has anyone noticed the preponderance of whistling in TV commercials of late?

I went home to mom for a couple weeks, and as usual we watched a lot of TV. It seemed like every other commercial had several people whistling in it, as if that would make you feel happy to buy the product or some shit.

by Anonymousreply 11005/09/2013

Tax Masters - Ginger guy with red beard. "Are being audited? Have you not filed tax returns for years?" Patrick COCKS.

Blue Tax - the ridiculously bad animation/stupid guy with the glasses and the Pillsbury Doughboy giggle.

All AARP commercials

by Anonymousreply 11105/09/2013

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh!

R106 -

I -- L.O.A.T.H.E -- that cunt and the industry she shills for.

by Anonymousreply 11205/09/2013

"Mrs. Whitley, I'm sorry....you have lung cancer."

This is one of the most ultra annoying anti-smoking public service commercials which has been running here in NY for the past few years.

Apparently, having lung cancer also involves Mrs. Whitley not washing her hair for a month! She looks more like a crackhead than a cancer victim. She also looks very poor, earing what looks like an old Membes Only jacket! WTF?

It also appears that Mrs. Whitley and her doctor haven't paid their electric bills! In both scenes, in the doctor's office and in her house where she is just about to tell her kids she's dying, these scenes appear to be shot almost in the dark! I have never been in a doctor's office where I have to strain my eyes to see him or her.

The ad agency people who came up with this obnoxious commercial, as well as the local the government asshole who approved it, should be forced to chain smoke five packs of cigarettes a day!

by Anonymousreply 11305/09/2013

"Wearing what looks like an old Members Only jacket! "

by Anonymousreply 11405/09/2013

Has anyone seen the one that airs during Project Runway with Heidi Klum. She says that they have gotten conditioning hair all wrong because they have been using the wrong end. This really sounds like it is for some conditioner you stick up your ass. It is the strangest commercial I have seen in a long time. How does something like this get aired.

by Anonymousreply 11505/09/2013

R115, Heidi's commercial is for "CLEAR" a new Unilever line of hair care products for men and women. Clear is actually a pretty good product.

Most conditioners should not be put on the scalp, Clear's conditioners are meant to be used on the scalp.

I guess the copy in the add is all fucked up? Heidi's "wrong end" comment is basically saying, people have been using conditioners just on the ends of their hair, because that's what most hair stylists have told their clients,

CLEAR can be used safely on the scalp, without the usual irritation connected with using a conditioner on a scalp. According to what type of scalp problem you might have, there are different types of shampoos and conditioners to help those problems.

by Anonymousreply 11605/09/2013

Can't believe no one has mentioned KFC's "I ate the bones!" commercials. Every time one of those actors starts screaming "I ate the bones" I think to myself that character is one of the stupidest people on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 11705/10/2013

All the ads for The Hopper. That whole family is so obnoxious, especially the grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 11805/10/2013

It bothers me how Heidi Klum pronounces "hair" in that Clear commercial, like a deaf person. Her English is actually pretty good; we know she can pronouce "hair" better than that.

by Anonymousreply 11905/10/2013

The one where this dumbass broad drives her golf cart (and golf cart mates) over a curb with plants and runs screaming into her Verizon store. Dumb as shit.

by Anonymousreply 12005/10/2013

I swear, the people working at ad agencies today must be smoking crack and shooting up heroin during working hours, there are very few memorable or fun commercials being produced these days.

They are coming up with the lowest common denominator type of print ads and TV commercials, they are not even using composers to come up with jingles for the products being advertised!

Their lack of vision and talent shows in their constant use of already recorded pop songs!

Perhaps the ad agency people need to go back to drinking..!!!

by Anonymousreply 12105/10/2013

I had to bump this...

There's a new commercial which has been aired relentlessly for the past few weeks, it's for house deck paint. The way the actor pronounces 'deck', it sound as if he's saying DICK! I

It's hilarious, you hear the guy saying 'dick' over and over again, in the context of the rest of the ad copy, it's pretty bizarre.

I'm quite sure I am not the only person who caught this.

by Anonymousreply 12205/21/2013

It's a Steak-Over!!! Those annoying ads where they replace a restaurant's normal meat with Wal-Mart steaks, much to the shock of the patrons who mostly look like they were bused in from the nearest trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 12305/23/2013

Honeynut Cheerios with the woman rolling around the bed with a bowl of cereal like she's some sex kitten. "If loving you is wrong" is the song played in the background and at one point that woman touches the spoon she's eating the cereal with on her nose.

by Anonymousreply 12405/23/2013

The commercial for the hair bun maker, where women just roll their hair around the circular sponge for quick 'dos. In particular, one woman who proclaims "I got big BUNS and I LOVE it!"

by Anonymousreply 12505/23/2013

There's a Ford Focus commercial where the owner of the car says, "Gas prices in California ARE what they ARRRRE." This young woman has a horrible voice, and a mesmerizingly awful cadence in her speech that makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 12605/24/2013

Beggin Strips, I hate that fucking dog

by Anonymousreply 12705/24/2013

The new Bayer ad for "Bayer Back and Body", the voice over comes across as "Bareback and Body".

by Anonymousreply 12805/24/2013

Michael Bolton Optimum commercials. Why the fuck would Michael Bolton's home phone be an 800 number? It's implausible.

by Anonymousreply 12905/24/2013

Those anachronistic Bacardi commercials where they're having a wild party back in the fifties but the models weigh in at contemporary levels of attitude and anorexia.

by Anonymousreply 13005/24/2013

I hate the Progressive Insurance commercials with "Flo". She is a pain in the ass

by Anonymousreply 13105/24/2013

The Abilify ads with the cartoons. I hate how the clinically depressed woman is so down but is followed around by a little pill until she goes to her doctor who prescribed Abilify. Nowhere in the ads does the woman actually show symptoms of depression.

by Anonymousreply 13205/24/2013

The spray on Vaseline lotion commercial showing the bowlegged midget woman getting ready for work in 15 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 13305/25/2013

In the tradition of all those awful backstage commercials:

"Break a leg, Ms. Danner!"

"Oh how I used to love to hear that..."

(and the "performance" is her waving at an admiring audience and opening her arms to them)

by Anonymousreply 13405/25/2013

R134 someone should a version of that commercial featuring Sarah Jessica Parker.

Stagehand: "Break a leg."

SJP: "Don't EVER say that to me!"

(Sound of a rifle being cocked.)

by Anonymousreply 13505/25/2013

I hate most of them.

by Anonymousreply 13605/25/2013

All those free Catheter ads. Why? Why? How many people have to shove a tube up their privates to pee that they have to run constant ads. I'm horrified to think I might have to do that one day.

by Anonymousreply 13706/21/2013

[quote]Beggin Strips, I hate that fucking dog

I don't like that snotty baked bean dog. If that dog did crap to me like he does to his owner, he would be going to the nearest dog pound.

by Anonymousreply 13806/21/2013

[quote]I hate the Progressive Insurance commercials with "Flo". She is a pain in the ass

I like the ad with the hot guy in the rain. The latest ads are boring.

by Anonymousreply 13906/21/2013

[quote]The Progressive Insurance commercial where the guy is yelling until Flo turns something off...I can't mute the remote fast enough.

That is the WORSE of all the Progressive Insurance commercials. It is sooo annnoyyying!

by Anonymousreply 14006/21/2013

Oh look, Robin Williams is using his hilarious Russian accent to sell candy bars.

"Do it for Mother Russia!"

Did I hallucinate a commercial for something called the "Squatty Potty?" It is a little step stool you use when you hit the potty for some serious defecation action. It is designed to raise your legs up to the "correct" position for effective elimination.

by Anonymousreply 14106/21/2013

"Insane, you're insane!" Can't stand Bob Costas.

by Anonymousreply 14206/21/2013

The K-Mart commercial with the screaming monkey (literally) celebrating first Mother's day and now Father's day and they'll probably have the damn thing all summer for one holiday after another because they are so cheap.

by Anonymousreply 14306/21/2013

[quote]Honeynut Cheerios with the woman rolling around the bed with a bowl of cereal like she's some sex kitten. "If loving you is wrong" is the song played in the background and at one point that woman touches the spoon she's eating the cereal with on her nose.[quote]

I loath that commercial. Why the hell is she tapping her nose with her used cereal spoon?

The other commercial I think is stupid is also a cereal one. Where the woman walks into what looks like a company break-room, sees a bowl of Lucky Charms and eats them. Why in hell would you start eating another person's cereal? Does she even know if they had already been eating it and it has their saliva in it? UGH

by Anonymousreply 14406/22/2013

SLEEP EXPERTS! Please make that bleating twat/CEO who's voicing the commercials stop! Or barring that, make her take speech lessons. I can't stand listening to her!

by Anonymousreply 14506/22/2013

Oh, I forgot how good this tastes, R144.

by Anonymousreply 14606/22/2013

I will second the "Flo" commercial where the guy/announcer is screaming until she turns something off. SO loud and just like nails across a blackboard. Hideous. And it just goes on and on, too.

by Anonymousreply 14706/22/2013

Flo wore out her welcome about 3 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 14806/22/2013

"Hump-DAYEE!!"

by Anonymousreply 14906/22/2013

I forget which car company it is but the one is re-airing of the couple who is driving their vehicle in the middle of a race and the woman passenger rolls down her window to ask for directions. Since she can't be heard over the loud roar of the engines, she responds to her husband with a curt "I guess he's not from around here".

by Anonymousreply 15006/22/2013

"I'm barefootin'!"

by Anonymousreply 15106/23/2013

Cereal-eating cereal, complete with drawn teeth.

Orange juice-drinking family having a "Board" meeting. Really grates on the not-as-funny-as-they-think-they-are nerve.

Grown-ups who sound like kids (SUBWAY) and kids who sound like grown-ups (E-TRADE).

Blythe Danner, osteoporosis. and you - the return of the Backstage Diva, originated by Rula Lenska and perpetuated by Lauren Bacall and Phylicia Rashad.

Sarah McLachlan sings to animals missing eyes, ears, and limbs (always have to change the channel).

Humans missing eyes, ears, and limbs because they smoked (always have to change the channel).

Gigantic vats of cat pee and dog poop with sound effects make an anti-smoking point (you guessed it, always have to ...)

by Anonymousreply 15206/23/2013

I fucking hate the Chase Freedom Card cash back commercial where the middle aged nerd in a suit plays a guitar and sings a mutilated version of the song Footloose. Watching him is painful.

by Anonymousreply 15306/23/2013

The ING commercial where salesman tries to sell BBQ grill

by Anonymousreply 15406/23/2013

U-verse commercials with spoiled, know-it-all kids. The one where the girl eats the other kid's Brussel sprout as some kind of big favor makes me want to throw a chair into the TV! And the one where the spoiled teenager is put out by her mother because she's putting out a plate of coldcuts and the girl's boyfriend (coming over unnannounced and at the last minute) is some fucking vegan or something. The mother quickly jumps on the internet and starts clicking away, as if that's going to save the day! How stupid!

by Anonymousreply 15506/23/2013

GodDAMN but I hate the Geico lizard and its grating Cockney accent. CLICK.

by Anonymousreply 15606/25/2013

Poor Jamie Lee Curtis, those commercials are simply the worst commercials I have seen for a product. Having her dressed like a villain in trench coat and sunglasses. making her wheel a little cart through a park as she sells her bullshit yogurt.

Why not have her just look into the camera as herself and tell us the reason we should buy her stuff? Why do they feel they have to go through all that cutesy horseshit?

by Anonymousreply 15706/25/2013

I hate the one where Pia Zadora rubs her aging, soggy breasts on three albino children. The children cry out for aid, but they are perfunctorily denied. (They instead contract AIDS.) A chef with a striking resemblance to LeAnn Rimes steps into view, and sings out "Only At Applebee's!". All the locations of the world's Applebee's then scroll down the screen.

by Anonymousreply 15806/25/2013

Not a current ad but the old Sally Struthers "Christian Children's Funds" ads which ran for years and while shilling for starving children, Struthers grew heavier and heavier.

by Anonymousreply 15906/25/2013

That earwax vacuum that looks like a small electric mixer. But I like when the man yells when he pokes his eardrum with a Q-tip. "OW! The reason I hate this commercial is because it looks like such a dumb product. How many people collect enough earwax in their ears that it needs to be sucked out anyway?

They also imply that using cotton swabs is unsafe. If I can shave my face safely, I think I can manage using a Q-Tip in my ear. The other thought that crossed my mind after seeing the ad was wondering about the ease and availability of obtaining refill cartridges for the thing.

by Anonymousreply 16006/25/2013

Remember the Blueberry Pancakes commercial? I hated that crooning song played throughout its entirety...

by Anonymousreply 16106/25/2013

Mambo music playing for ambiguously ethnic girl sensuously eating Greek yogurt with a German name.

Sensual ballad version of Elvis'"All Shook Up" done by a girl who sounds like the next helium-voiced pop diva du jour, to plug KY ointments.

Woman wearing Groucho Marx glasses and 'stache talking about pussy odor.

by Anonymousreply 16206/26/2013

The ton of commercials lately with female voices hissing s's and z's, speaking like " ittul guwuls". Almost chortling. Kitchen Aid is a good example. I guess this is supposed to sell products (to men?)

by Anonymousreply 16307/06/2013

the "sure hair international" commercial...hate the voice singing at the end of the commercial singing 'sure hair international bla bla bla' Very very annoying...and LOUD !! The commercial's volume is set HIGH/LOUD also. hmm..Isn't there a law against that?

by Anonymousreply 16407/31/2013

Sunny Delight commercials with Central Casting's version of cool kids trying to make the "cooler" name of "Sunny D" happen.

by Anonymousreply 16507/31/2013

TRIVAGO: The CREEPY guy trying to make eye contact with me as I watch him stand in a "casual" manner (with his sad black jeans and shirt unbuttoned just so)and listen to his dry, strange voice. I may need a restraining order.

by Anonymousreply 16607/31/2013

All the TV Land promos that usually follow an already saturated 18-commercial set in each and every one of the 7 interruptions they have during the typical sit-com rerun that has been trimmed down to just under 16 minutes of show and 14 minutes of commercials (4 of them the same promo over and over for their 3 sorry-ass shows).

I've seen them cut Dan Heffernan off mid-conversation, to fit all their commercials and promos.

by Anonymousreply 16707/31/2013

I couldn't find the most recent commercial thread.

I cannot stand the current Toyota ad with the a woman who works in the showroom screaming over the damn chameleon a customer puts on the counter.

Is she serious? Chameleons are beautiful reptiles, it's not as if the customer put a sewer rat or dumped a bag of huge cockroaches on her counter.

The screaming and her reaction are quite silly and over-the-top.

by Anonymousreply 16808/28/2013

I'm SO tired of bears selling me toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 16908/28/2013

The little grown up voiced girl asking me: "When was the last time you...bullshit bullshit bullshit" and ends the voiceover with "dance like no one is watching."

First of all, stop it with the little kids speaking like grownups. Second, EVERYBODY is watching you dance and laughing behind your back and saying what an asshole you look like and we all know it.

by Anonymousreply 17008/28/2013

The commercial for Hughsnet gen 4 flyover internet provider with the frau mom acting like she is so cool and hip because she's just now getting into "all this social networking". HATE HER!

by Anonymousreply 17108/28/2013

Has anyone noticed the Balenciaga ad on the NY Times website recently? It very subtly zooms in and out on the bag to attract your attention and it drives me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 17208/31/2013

That Jetta commercial with the squawking parrot--"who's got it, this guy"

by Anonymousreply 17308/31/2013

That Dish Network ad with the man screaming under the bed.

by Anonymousreply 17408/31/2013

The Miller 64 commercials where a bunch of "bros" sing about the virtues of this swill while playing sports. UGH!

by Anonymousreply 17508/31/2013

That Del Monte commercial with the insufferable hipster-folkie douche singing about "my sweet honeybee."

by Anonymousreply 17610/27/2013

The new Filipo Berio olive oil commercial. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 17710/27/2013

The Nationwide Insurance commercial with the weird giant baby (Your car is your baby!) is beyond creepy.

by Anonymousreply 17810/27/2013

The Nationwide commercials annoy me because they insist on having some basic bitch (male or female) playing a customer singing the "Nationwide is on your side" jingle AND IT IS ALWAYS COMPLETELY OFF KEY. It's so stupid and awful. I feel for their insurance agents who probably have to listen to slackjawed fools sing it to them every day.

by Anonymousreply 17910/27/2013

I hate those commercials staring celebrities like Alex Trebeck selling a bill of goods to elderly people. Do these celebs really need the money that badly?

by Anonymousreply 18011/04/2013

The yoplait autotoon booth commercial. I want to kill the fool that mad this.

by Anonymousreply 18111/04/2013

"Varm... flah-kee... gow-wee..."

by Anonymousreply 18211/05/2013

Seems many TV commercials have taken to playing the loudest sharpest piano notes in the background. I have a hearing problem that makes such noises actually painful. The mute button is my best friend.

I find hospital commercials particularly annoying because they are so pointless. How often does one select the hospital they want to go to. You select your doctor, and he sends you to his preferred hospital. In an emergency you go to the closest hospital. Those commercials just drive up the cost of health care.

Car insurance commercials, I hate Flo with a passion, same with Norm McDonald, the Gieco gecko and pig, why must they insult your intelligence.

Local news commercials, during the local news, I am already watching your stupid news program, why do I have to watch your commercial telling me you were to first channel to a story.

Yes I watch too much television. However I have a medical problem that limits my other activities.

by Anonymousreply 18311/05/2013

I'm starting to hate the series of commercials for the Kindle Fire HDX featuring the hot guy from the Xoom commercial and "Amy the Tech Adviser" who shows up to videochat when he presses the Mayday button.

Why would he have bought the device unaware of what the Mayday button does? Why is he so surprised that Amy can draw on his screen?

Why would he have thought to press the Mayday button for a solution to keep his niece from hogging the device if he didn't already know the Kindle has a childproofing feature?

Though I like the lavender highlights in Amy's red hair...

by Anonymousreply 18411/06/2013

I wonder if Xoom Guy and Amy will have a Taster's Choice-style budding romance over the course of this ad campaign...

by Anonymousreply 18511/06/2013

I don't watch much commercial tv but when I do the only commercial I see seems to be that big headed white woman who sells insurance. She makes it seem as if they have an actual storefront somewhere when it's just a boiler room operation of low-paid drones sitting at a computer.

What's weird is how she is dressed like a cross between a pharmacist and a technician at an optometry chain store.

by Anonymousreply 18611/06/2013

OP, it is WHICH commercials, not WHAT commercials.

by Anonymousreply 18711/06/2013

Any commercial for vagina products or things for your "gut"

by Anonymousreply 18811/06/2013

I can't dive for the remote fast enough to get Will Ferrell off my TV screen in that series of car commercials.

Why this "comedian" is not relegated to the has been file with Dane Cook is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 18911/06/2013

The Prius commercial were that little boy tries to wash the car in the rain... Never seen somthing so gay. If that was my kid I would throw dirt at him

by Anonymousreply 19011/03/2014

LOL R190. That one and the one with the father taking a family picture with the kids dressed up like they were 20 years ago with the same clothes and poses is also pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 19111/03/2014

The Buick ads with the snoopy neighbors. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 19211/03/2014

Wayfair, you've got what I need ...

by Anonymousreply 19311/03/2014

R190 and 191 were abandoned in a parking lot and raised by feral cats.

by Anonymousreply 19411/04/2014

The annoying SANDALS ads. Screeching,"I had the time of my life...." Can't stand it anymore

by Anonymousreply 19511/04/2014

One of those online training colleges is using someone named Chiquis Rivera in their TV ads. She is a boob monster and the director has her making crazy exaggerated arm gestures and movements to call attention to her chest. It looks so tacky and uggghhhh.

by Anonymousreply 19604/21/2015

I can't decide if I like the Camry commercial featuring "Jason," who parks in his boss's space. I either want to fuck him or slap him. Maybe both.

by Anonymousreply 19704/21/2015

The McDonald's commercial for the new artisan chicken sandwich with those ridiculous hipsters, especially the bearded guy who says in a dorky voice "Hello French fries!". It's always funny to see an out of touch corporation attempting to be relevant.

by Anonymousreply 19804/21/2015

"Women are using their period pads for PEE!" "Look, I made an alligator from my period pads. 'I'm hungry!'" WHY does this commercial always seem to pop up whenever I'm watching television during the day?

by Anonymousreply 19904/22/2015

The Trivago bum. And the Geico girl who says "Maybe you didn't contact Geico because" and then proceeds to sing a little annoying song. I wish the master tapes and recordings of these commercials would be incinerated in a controlled nuclear explosion. But unfortunately mankind will probably have to wait 4.5 billion years until the dying sun incinerates the earth. We will just have to be patient.

by Anonymousreply 20005/07/2015

They are missing Darin Stevens advertising skills.

by Anonymousreply 20105/07/2015
Need more help? Click Here.