Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So tell us something good that is currently happening in your life

Let's have a nice positive thread for once.

by Anonymousreply 6410/09/2012

As of this afternoon, my crack/trailer trash neighbors (condo) have been evicted!! It's been six months of Hell that is now officially over.

by Anonymousreply 104/04/2012

I got into grad school.

I think my hair is growing back in - it looks longer (I burnt it off in the sun a couple weeks ago).

I just received some Obagi serum and I really like it.

That's all I've got.

by Anonymousreply 204/04/2012

My boyfriend wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Though I'm a little long in the tooth, this is the first time I've had a relationship this good and this serious. BF has a great dick, big soft lips, and the sweetest, kindest heart. Lucky me.

I was fired from half of my income this year for having a criminal record. I get work solely through word of mouth so this is a big deal. I have since obtained my own criminal record and there's no record whatsoever. I have (temporarily) replaced the income suddenly lost, and would possibly win a slander case against one of the clients, but just moving on feels freer than bothering with them. And I'm thrilled there's nothing out there on me that's erroneous.

Also, I'm getting my health back and feeling pretty good (have been unwell for a looong time due to unknown allergies).

by Anonymousreply 304/04/2012

Working on my health. Succeeding at almost all my New Year's resolutions.

Still haven't found a meaningful job, but I am doing more on my health!

by Anonymousreply 404/04/2012

Got a job as a new RN a year ago (& many thanks to supportive DLers, I think my post was called "Great job interview and then nothing"). Unfortunately, it was a job at a cesspool where patients were literally abused. I blew the whistle on the major figures & they were suspended without pay. My managers know that this job is not where I want to be and I'm applying for other positions. They want me to stay but I don't want to, so they have written me great rec letters and I have a lot of good leads. I'm not happy to be job-hunting again but I'm glad that I upheld my nursing vows and advocated for my patients despite a lot of bullying and threats.

by Anonymousreply 504/04/2012

I'm realizing more and more that what I have is enough. I'm not rich, I'm not young and gorgeous.. And I'm ok with it.

by Anonymousreply 604/04/2012

I have a job.

by Anonymousreply 704/04/2012

Writing a memoir and doing lots of work in the yard.

by Anonymousreply 804/04/2012

I'm still handsome, charming and irresistible

by Anonymousreply 904/04/2012

Paid off my debts, got off my anti depression meds, changed my eating habits for the better (lost weight as a result), and enjoy the the little things in life (like sitting on my balcony with a cup of tea and watch the sun go down).

by Anonymousreply 1004/04/2012

Got a job interview tomorrow - first in forever. Wish me luck DLers.

Someone I wrote to about a job got back to me a few hours ago - two months late - but still may be something in the future or just a courtesy email.

by Anonymousreply 1104/04/2012

Luck, R11. I waited for 3 months before great job interview and offer, nothing in between. HR people suck.

by Anonymousreply 1204/04/2012

Had my first date in several years. He is a neat guy, I want this to happen, so I have to move slowly.

It's very cool that after all this time, I can still feel kind of giddy about it.

by Anonymousreply 1304/04/2012

I found the perfect blue glass soapdish at the second hand store yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 1404/04/2012

I have a book that's going to be published later this year.

by Anonymousreply 1504/04/2012

great news r15 - hope it is a big success

by Anonymousreply 1604/04/2012

I've got practically no responsibilities, my job's a breeze, and I've got a killer rack. Good morning!

by Anonymousreply 1804/04/2012

R17 why don't you just die?

Or better still, return to your work with Santorum's erection... mean election.

by Anonymousreply 1904/04/2012

I'm going to Aruba in a couple of weeks. I haven't been on vacation in years.

by Anonymousreply 2004/04/2012

Good luck R11. I hope you get the job you want -- this one or a better one down the road.

I get to take a vacation and see some family and friends I haven't seen in a few years. Things aren't great right now, but this seems pretty close to perfection to me.

by Anonymousreply 2104/04/2012

I was able to install grab bars for my dad in the bathroom. It didn't have normally-spaced studs, so I had to improvise.

I ripped, cut, and refinished old oak table leaves and a broken armoire to panel the walls. I also replaced the popcorn ceiling with aluminum.

It's like shitting in a boxcar!

by Anonymousreply 2204/04/2012

Joey, you are talented and a very nice son.

by Anonymousreply 2304/04/2012

I've been seeing a homeopath for some health problems and have to pay out of pocket but it is worth it. I am seeing improvement in my health. My main problem was that my asthma was getting worse and now I am starting to not need my medication. Hopefully it will eliminate my allergies as well.

by Anonymousreply 2404/04/2012

I am happy that it is spring! I love the sunshine, and am excited to get my veggie garden going. I am also excited to get out on my bike, hike, and enjoy the summer!

by Anonymousreply 2504/04/2012

I spent a whole year severely depressed and gained a lot of weight. So far, I have lost 30 pounds. Still dieting and still losing weight, but the depression is lifting and I feel good enough to go outside and walk around, care what I look like, and sleep. What a relief.

Some days I don't feel as good, but it's gradually getting better every day. I've had a lifelong struggle with periodic bouts of depression, so seeing the light at the end of the tunnel this time is huge for me.

by Anonymousreply 2604/04/2012

I'm having my first affair...with my partner's brother. Best sex I've ever had.

by Anonymousreply 2704/04/2012

I had a bariatric bypass on Friday. Did so well I went home on Sunday at least a day early. So, six days after surgery I'm nine pounds down and completely off all diabetic meds including twice-daily insulin. The surgery went much easier than I expected (though recovery was hellish) and the best part - no more insulin.

by Anonymousreply 2804/04/2012

Thanks r11 and r21!

Good for you r28, be well.

by Anonymousreply 2904/05/2012

I finally got my taxes done and am getting a refund this year. Glory Hallelujah.

by Anonymousreply 3004/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 3104/05/2012

I'm a hobbyist jewelry designer who wants to make a living at it. Between crippling depression (since I was about 12) and a nasty bedbug infestation (gotten from my neighbour last October), I'd completely shut down all my jewelry making work. I literally just packed everything away (to save it from getting infested) and stopped even thinking about jewelry designs. Also, barely left the house, since I didn't want to infest anyone else.

Decided to go off my anti-depressants just before Xmas. Since then, I've been cleaning up my house (I've been almost-evicted for filthy housekeeping several times in the past decade), catching up with friends and family, and beginning to care about my health again. Most importantly, I've done a lot of work to eliminate the bedbugs from my apartment, and they are nearly completely gone.

Because of this (few bedbugs and no anti-depressants fogging up my mind), I've unpacked all my jewelry-making tools and supplies and have been designing like crazy! And really great stuff, too, that should sell like hotcakes and get me some positive cash flow!

by Anonymousreply 3204/05/2012

My son completed an ex-gay program. He is now 100% straight.

by Anonymousreply 3304/05/2012

My wife understands that although I am making it one day at a time, my sobriety is a struggle right now and to help out, she decided to put down alcohol as well.

Twenty-five years together. She will close my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3404/05/2012

My pussy is really quite beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 3504/05/2012

r35 Now that's something to be boastful about.

by Anonymousreply 3604/05/2012

In a week I will be on a flight to the US to meet up with dear friends. One month off work, great company and fifteen hours to just SLEEP on the flight.

by Anonymousreply 3704/05/2012

I quit drinking and smoking weed in January and have since lost 20lbs. Im also doing cross-fit training and though it's brutal I'm loving it.

Out of the blue my mom just told me that properties my deceased grandfather acquired in North Dakota and Montana are being drilled for oil. They are right square in the middle of something called the Bakken shale. Our first well was spudded in December. We stand to make a fortune. Even if it doesn't completely happen the "what if" period we are in right now is crazy exciting.

by Anonymousreply 3804/05/2012

My heavy, heavy depression is beginning to lift and I am once again in a period of optimistic 'openness' about what's around the corner. Instead of dreading what lies ahead. Considering where I've 'been' since November, that's HUGE for me. And it just . . . lifted. No meds -- although I was very close to getting back on them. I just woke up one day and started to have little pulses of happiness and excited expectation, instead of wallowing in a sense of doom. I'll take it!!!

by Anonymousreply 3904/05/2012

My doctor put me on adderall this week and I feel better than ever. I'm taking 10mg, and I'm more focused, relaxed, and I don't eat as much as I was before. I have a great job (185k), no drama, and looking forward to a weekend fort the first time in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 4004/05/2012

After about ten years of hard work, my writing career is finally taking off--I just released a collection of short fiction, have edited a few anthologies (one of which was a Lambda Literary Award finalist last year) and have garnered a measure of respect in the gay literotica field.

by Anonymousreply 4104/05/2012

Mazel Tov, R28! Continued success.

by Anonymousreply 4204/05/2012

This is an astonishingly depressing thread. What sad lives people have had.

by Anonymousreply 4304/05/2012

[quote]This is an astonishingly depressing thread. What sad lives people have had.

And yet, it is you we pity.

by Anonymousreply 4404/05/2012

I get lots of free tickets to see theater and music.

by Anonymousreply 4504/05/2012

My husband acknowledged me in public.

by Anonymousreply 4604/05/2012

I'm in love and it's bliss.

by Anonymousreply 4704/05/2012

Wow I know this thread could be skewed but I didn't know so many Dataloungers were depressed. Feel better guys and get healthy !

by Anonymousreply 4804/05/2012

Homophobic neighbour had a heart attack the other week and is still in hossie. GF thinks I am a shit for laughing and being glad he might die - she cut off sex for over 3 days as punishment to me!!!

I hate him. I hope he fucking well dies the fat, flaccid old cunt.

x

by Anonymousreply 4904/05/2012

Two years ago I realized I had gotten fat....50lbs overweight fat....So I printed out a picture of a body I wanted to have. I'd say I'm about 98% of the way there.

SFW

obviously this aint me but its the body i wanted.

by Anonymousreply 5004/05/2012

MY PUSSY STINKS REALLY FUCKING BAD

x

by Anonymousreply 5104/05/2012

Fuck off Cheryl you mingy ol' cunt.

x

(holding nose)

by Anonymousreply 5204/05/2012

I HAVE SERIOUS PENIS ENVY

X

(BINDING MY BREASTS CRYING CAUSE I WILL NEVER BE A REAL MAN)

by Anonymousreply 5304/05/2012

I know you want me.... but you just can't so get over it honey!

Now piss orf you peasant.

x

by Anonymousreply 5404/05/2012

I'm so fat and ugly that I had to turn to women because no man would ever love me

x

by Anonymousreply 5504/05/2012

I made up with my mom this week after months of fighting. Somtimes, I realize, it doesn't matter who is worng and who is right. Peace for me, peace for her and my sibs. That all I really want.

Life is short, find your peace.

by Anonymousreply 5604/05/2012

I started painting last year, and have, so far, gotten my paintings into six galleries, and just got a big commission for a very prominent public space. Check out my paintings. Better yet: buy one!!!

by Anonymousreply 5704/05/2012

Great, true and wise words r56. Glad you made the right decision for you.

by Anonymousreply 5804/05/2012

My Zoloft is kicking in. I still hate my job and have a long way to go but I'm feeling less despair about it.

by Anonymousreply 5904/05/2012

Just got back from my HIV doc-viral load stilll undetectable and cd4 went up about 40 points!

by Anonymousreply 6004/05/2012

Glad to hear things working out for so many of you. After years of frustration, things seem finally to be falling into place for me. I've been looking for work with an NGO in a part of the world that fascinates me, and I should be starting in June.

[Fingers (and everything else I've got two or more of) crossed]

by Anonymousreply 6104/05/2012

The duelling Lucy J.'s stopped before the thread was ruined. Hooray.

by Anonymousreply 6204/05/2012

I don't take medication for anxiety or depression for the past 5 months after taken then for over 8 years, after taken the landmark forum education!!!

by Anonymousreply 6310/09/2012

I've been able to hide most of the bodies

by Anonymousreply 6410/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.