Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you look younger than your actual age?

Complete these sentences

I look__________years old

But I'm really__________years old

Then discuss the good things and bad things about looking younger than you really are.

by Anonymousreply 14404/17/2015

I can already fill this out for everyone on this thread.

I look ____X____ years old

But I'm really ____X+10____ years old

by Anonymousreply 104/03/2012

I'm 65, but I look 18. It's a miracle. Just good genes, I guess!

by Anonymousreply 204/03/2012

Edmund White

"You look every day of your age...friends who say differently are either deceived or deceiving."

True of the vast majority of us.

by Anonymousreply 404/03/2012

[quote]I look 34 years old. But I'm really 51 years old.

I'll be the judge of that. Link please.

by Anonymousreply 604/03/2012

I am TOLD and often CONFUSED FOR 19 years old.

But I am really 58 years old.

Good things: Lots of dates. Lots looks from hot, young guys. Lots of attention. Lots of "looks" and "eyes" at me, and only me.

Bad things: Guys my age losing interest in me when I tell them I'm 58. But, they too are 58 or older. Much, much older. Ironic, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 904/03/2012

OP, your subject is interesting but your post is set up like a school assignment. I don't want to fill in blanks & then discuss/analyze the issue.

by Anonymousreply 1004/03/2012

I looked older than my age but I lost weight so halted the process a bit,, especially from a distance.

by Anonymousreply 1104/03/2012

I'm 47, but everyone tells me I look 23!

by Anonymousreply 1204/03/2012

Actually, R11, fat people usually look younger, not older, because they have plumper faces.

by Anonymousreply 1304/03/2012

I look like I'm 34 and have the body of a 24 year old.

But I'm really dead.

by Anonymousreply 1404/03/2012

I've always relied on my boyish good looks. But WHAM! I turned fifty and got pummeled with the ugly stick.

by Anonymousreply 1504/03/2012

More good: Long life. Great health. Great, amazing sex with guys who practically split me in half.

More bad: I might look 19, and get a lot of attention from guys 18 and older, but I like guys my age. 58. And, when I tell's over. I'm stuck in this life. Like a boy doll. I want substance, experience, wisdom. I want a life lived. But, my 58 year old counter-part wants nothing to do with me. Even when I ask him to pretend, and that the public doesn't know any different. To them, I'm 19. To him, I'm old.

by Anonymousreply 1604/03/2012

I've been told about 100 times that I look younger than my actual age. Some just say that I look younger, others guess 5-15 years younger than I am (37). Obviously, some people exaggerate and others are totally clueless.

When I look in the mirror or see other 37 year-old men I usually agree that I don't look like the average 37 year-old man, but I don't think it makes me any better than any of them.

It's kind of annoying that people say so frequently that I look younger a.k.a. "you don't look THAT old." I'd rather have them not say anything.

by Anonymousreply 1704/03/2012

I look 40

But I'm actually 43

A kid at the eagle the other night thought I was his age ( he must have been high as a kite) even though he looked 30

by Anonymousreply 1804/03/2012

I look younger, but I'm not sure how many years younger. I'm in my early 30s but could probably pass for mid 20s, I guess. Both of my parents have always looked young for their age (my mom was actually carded once when she was almost 60!) so it's definitely genetic.

Looking young for my age sucked when I was younger. In HS and college everyone drooled over the guys who looked like men and I still looked like a kid and got zero attention. Now I at least look like an adult and looking young is a plus in the gay community. But it probably hurts me in the workplace since I think I guess less respect.

by Anonymousreply 1904/03/2012

I'm 29 but I always get mistaken for a fetus.

by Anonymousreply 2004/03/2012

I look 43 years old

But I'm really 51 years old

I'm lucky, full head of hair and no grey or gray. My weight is okay, average...I used to be a gym regular, lost my drive in the last ten years. I probably look five to ten younger *with clothes on*.

by Anonymousreply 2104/03/2012

I look like a twink

But I'm really a DL poster

by Anonymousreply 2204/03/2012

I'm 42 and look 42. It never used to be that way. In my early 30s, I'd still get carded. Then I wound up with a serious health issue and the aging process kicked in. I've made my peace with it, but it was hard the first couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 2304/03/2012

Truth. I turned 58 this week. Like my father and his father, I look and have always looked (since about 30) 10-15 years younger than my actual age. The difference may not mean anything to the Children of the Corn here, but it helps in business.

My mother, however, aged quickly. When they were in their 60s people would ask my mother if my father was her son. (He was three years older than she.)

My twin sister takes after our mother. She, poor thing, looks like my aunt. Since she's an insufferable bitch, I don't mind. Any chance I get I ask people to take our picture together for posterity.

Of course I'll probably drop dead and Twin will live to be 100. But she'll look like the Mummy's Asshole doing it.

by Anonymousreply 2404/03/2012

I used to look younger than my age, but it's the other way around now.

by Anonymousreply 2504/03/2012

I really have never understood this concept. What exactly does 32 look like? 27? 58? Am I supposed to make this judgement first thing in the morning? What is the lighting in the room like? Have I been drinking? Have you?

by Anonymousreply 2604/03/2012

WHat does 43 look like, R21? As opposed to 42 or 44?

by Anonymousreply 2704/03/2012

I look younger than Jane Fonda

by Anonymousreply 2804/03/2012

Just when I, who recently turned 56, was resigned to being an elder gay, I'm feeling a new flush of (relative) youth. Last week, a new female co-worker, age 31, asked me how old I was. Before I could answer, she guessed 38. The next day, a little more senior co-worker, a 27-year old straight man (I think) said he overheard the conversation and said I didn't look a day over 40. And today, a 65-year old gay man, who I hadn't seen in more than 5 years (when I was more solid, 20 pounds heavier), called me a puppy.

by Anonymousreply 2903/18/2013

I'm 43, almost 44. Female. I have been mistaken for someone in my early thirties many times. One friend was asking me about my life and I said I moved to my current city in my twenties to which she replied, "In your TWENTIES? How old are you?" She thought I was in my late 20s.

Many years of being fat helped my face not get wrinkles. Plus, the women in my family all age very well. My mom is 65 but you would think she was in her 50s.

by Anonymousreply 3003/18/2013

I share this with all of you who are aglow from people telling you how young you look.

I went to a memorial service several weeks ago. A guy approached me. I hadn't seen him in ten years.

He used to be pretty cute and I was shocked how age had not just made him look older, but had robbed him of every facial characteristic that had made him handsome.

No sooner had I thought this, someone told him, "Oh, my god! You look amazing! You JUST DON'T AGE!"

People are nice when not posting anonymously. And people ALWAYS guess very low when guessing ages aloud to your face.

Those are the rule. Pretend otherwise to your peril.

by Anonymousreply 3103/18/2013

I look 16 years old

But I'm really 22 years old

Jealous bitches?

by Anonymousreply 3203/18/2013

I'm 60, look maybe a few years younger due to the fact my hair is all there and (mostly) its original color and I'm in shape. But Edmund White is right. At this age, I'm not going to be mistaken for 35, or 40. I know how to pose in the bathroom mirror to try and fool myself, but the occasional candid photo brings with it certain devastation.

by Anonymousreply 3303/18/2013

When I am with people in their forties or early 50's I sometimes hear things like, "I don't know how old you are but when you get my age. . ."

I am 52.

by Anonymousreply 3403/18/2013

I am 50. I look late 30's with some pre-maturely white hair. I looked early thirties until my eyes bagged out gradually from 46-49. Everything else stayed pretty much the same, except a bit more white hair.

So I had my bags removed. That, the proverbial good genes, not smoking, and avoiding the sun like the plague can work wonders.

by Anonymousreply 3503/18/2013

That's me on the right with the grey AE tee, along with my four grandkids. I don't look too shabby for 62, do I?

by Anonymousreply 3603/18/2013

I'm 26....I'd say I look about 16. I'm tall, underweight and have no facial hair and luckily no crows feet.

That being said, I will never state that definitively because there is nothing sadder than someone who thinks they look a decade younger than they actually look.

by Anonymousreply 3703/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 3803/18/2013

These threads always make me smile.

There are so many gay men who simply cannot face the fact that they have gotten older.

by Anonymousreply 3903/18/2013

Does anybody look 10 years younger than their age? Do they post on Data Lounge?

by Anonymousreply 4103/18/2013

[quote]Does anybody look 10 years younger than their age? Do they post on Data Lounge?

Hunty, EVERYONE who posts on DataLounge looks 10 years younger than their age.

Keep up!

by Anonymousreply 4203/18/2013

I look 75 years old, but I'm really 56. The good thing about this is that I get a lot of dates with really young guys who think I'm about to die and will write them into my will.

by Anonymousreply 4303/18/2013

I'm 83.

And I look no more than 82.

by Anonymousreply 4403/18/2013

Doesn't everyone by definition look their age?

by Anonymousreply 4503/18/2013

I do look younger than 53. I am flattered.

by Anonymousreply 4603/18/2013

I'm 29 years old but could easily pass for early twenties (or so I'm told).

My dad is 56 and he looks to be in his early 40's.

by Anonymousreply 4703/18/2013

This is me on the left and my budz. We all got carded at Splash last wknd.

by Anonymousreply 4803/18/2013

I'm 52 and truly look early 30's. I eat well, workout, don't smoke or drink AND have the most incredible Italian genes. I know that all this magnificent fortune could end overnight with unexpected stress, an illness or weight gain, but I intend to enjoy every moment of this second grab at youth.

by Anonymousreply 4903/18/2013

Lol at R49.

by Anonymousreply 5003/18/2013

I do. Always have.

by Anonymousreply 5103/18/2013

I look 28-30 imo but I often still get carded buying liquour so maybe younger. Im actually 55.

Once in Palm Springs a bartender screamed out loud in front of everyone "How old do you think he is?" It was a very classy restaurant and it was embarassing to me. EVeryone turned around. It can be annoying but better then the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 5203/18/2013

I look 52.

I just turned 53.

by Anonymousreply 5303/18/2013

[quote]I look 28-30 imo but I often still get carded buying liquour so maybe younger. Im actually 55.

How deliciously droll!

by Anonymousreply 5403/18/2013

I am 40. I look 40 when I smile (wrinkles around the eyes.). Maybe 35 when I don't if I'm not tired and am styled young. I was someone who looked like jailbait until I was 27. My mom has an old face, but my father is very youthful looking. My only wrinkles are when I smile.

by Anonymousreply 5503/18/2013

I am 55 and have looked 47 since I was 39

by Anonymousreply 5603/18/2013

I am 48 but actually look 47.999999

by Anonymousreply 5703/18/2013

I look football years old

But I'm really sally forth years old

by Anonymousreply 5803/18/2013

you people in your 50's realize you do not look like you're 35...right? maybe 5 or so years...

by Anonymousreply 5903/18/2013

I look 27 years old, but I am 39 years old, and since I can get away with it, I tell people I am 32 years old. I have American Indian blood in me on both sides of my family, so I have nice high cheekbones and kind of always had a baby face. I take good care of my skin too.

by Anonymousreply 6003/18/2013

One question to all the cynics. Have you never, ever, been astonished that someone you knew (or knew of) was much older than you thought? I'm not saying that it's anything other than uncommon, but I've certainly encountered people in my life who looked substantially younger than their chronological age. It's probably some combination of genes, not smoking or drinking, exercising regularly, not putting on weight, good bone structure, avoiding much sun exposure, and staying healthy (in short, a rare & disciplined human being), but it can exist in nature.

by Anonymousreply 6103/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 6203/18/2013

i look younger but am not delusional enough to think it is in terms of a decade or more. that is plain vanity and a falsehood. 5 or so years, ok.

by Anonymousreply 6303/18/2013

I look_____15-16_____years old

But I'm really_____24_____years old

Good things: -it's easy to look older than I am by dressing more slutty and wearing more makeup. - I've been attracted to 30 year olds for as long as I can remember. Young people look older than their age, so I can date people my own age or even 20 y/o and they are my type!

Bad things: - getting carded. It's fun at first, when people don't even move and start acting like they are your parents until you hand them some id. Yes I'm old enough to drink. No, I shouldn't be at home sleeping. Yes, I promise I've don't all my studying. Now fuck off. - NOT BEING TAKEN SERIOUSLY! When you look younger people treat you as if you don't know anything. I have to prove that I'm capable, which is easy, but it just wastes everyone's time tbh

by Anonymousreply 6403/18/2013

My husband's cousin is 46 and looks 21. Total freak of nature. No work done. Unbelievably beautiful woman.

by Anonymousreply 6503/18/2013

I am 21, But I look about 13 years old

by Anonymousreply 6603/18/2013

Most of you posting in this thread are deluded beyond belief. You either look good for your age or you don't. If you're tired you will look every day of your age and if you have been eating and resting well you will look good. Good genetics = good aging. Simple science. Surgery is easy to spot no matter how you think it makes you look and so are hair treatments. It's a slippery slope to suddenly looking grotesque with surgery and fake hair. And everybody can see it.

The people all telling you that you look young for your age are lying to you in order to make you feel good. It's basic human behaviour. This is particularly effective in an office environment or in a pick up situation. Making you feel good equates to better results in an interpersonal relationship. just takes the cake and must be a parody post. No-one thinks you look 19 matey! No-one.

Moral of the story? Live well, dress well and make the most of what you've got. Well, except for guy who probably looks like (or is) the CEO of A&F and thinks he looks 19. He doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 6703/18/2013

You are a dickhead, r67. I know and he was actually being generous with his post. I bumped into him at the Cinnabon just last month and I swear to you, he looked 7. That's not a type-o. He looked 7. But what can you do? The dude's just dedicated to looking youthful. Ask him about his routine. Ask him to his fifth grade graduation dance. Ask him anything, r67. But stop being a dick head. People can look younger than their age.

by Anonymousreply 6903/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 7006/12/2014

by Anonymousreply 7106/12/2014

I look 52 years old

But I'm really 57 years old

by Anonymousreply 7206/12/2014

I look 37-40ish, people say...I'm only 23.

by Anonymousreply 7306/12/2014

I look six years old.

But I'm really 42.

by Anonymousreply 7406/12/2014

I'm a boozer and a user and a loser, and you'd never guess my real age.

by Anonymousreply 7506/12/2014

I can shave about ten or twelve years off my 54 year old carcass pretty easily. But I'm still 54.

by Anonymousreply 7606/12/2014

I'm 42 but am usually taken to be 30-ish. I was carded till I was in my late twenties (in my country you can drink legally at 18). A combination of good genes, ethnicity and reasonably healthy living, I think. I used to hate my oily skin as a teen, but it's certainly a positive at this age!

by Anonymousreply 7706/12/2014

Yes, R77, you are every twink's dream date: An old man with oily skin. I'll bet it leaves a mark on the pillow case.

by Anonymousreply 7806/12/2014

So sorry to offend your delicate aesthetic sensibilities, R78! However, I'm not interested in dating 'twinks' and I do look younger than I actually am.

by Anonymousreply 7906/12/2014

I always looked young, even got carded at the liquor store at 26!!! Generally people thought I was at least five years younger than my real age. I have no idea if that's still true though now that I'm in my mid-40's. Probably not. OTOH, when I was in junior high I was tall for my age (although still with the baby face) and could get into restricted movies, which was pretty cool!

by Anonymousreply 8006/12/2014

Ive been told that I look anywhere between 21-24 but I'll be 30 next week.

Pros: I'm a woman. Any years shaved off is a plus when going against gravity and wrinkles.

Cons: I'm often hit on by very young men. I've gotten to the point that I feel skeptical of a guys intentions when he is my age or older. Was he expecting a younger woman? I'm accomplished and in great shape so I do not feel shitty when I reveal my actual age.

My significant other is 37 and looks about his age. Since I am black and he is white and Jewish it adds another layer to the looks we get.

by Anonymousreply 8106/12/2014

I've always looked pretty good for my age - not sure what age I DO look but people are usually surprised to hear how I old I actually am. I drink loads of water, eat lots of fresh fruit & veg, moderate amounts of meat, moderate amounts of alcohol (lots of drugs though), lots of exercise and I'm sun-smart. I live healthy more because I feel great for it than anything else, but the looking good part is a nice bonus.

by Anonymousreply 8206/12/2014

I am 40 I look 40.

No matter what age you are you do look your age because that is what your age looks like.

You may look good or bad but all of us look our ages.

by Anonymousreply 8306/12/2014

I'm 47 and look 47. I always looked much younger and was carded into my 30s so it took me a couple years to accept the fact I was and looked middle-aged. I was appalled when one of my patients asked if I had grandchildren; of course, in her culture, people have babies at 16 and grandchildren in their 30s.

by Anonymousreply 8406/12/2014

People always told me that I looked years younger than my age until I hit 38 or so. And suddenly all the "you look so much younger" business came to a hard, full stop. Now, at 47 no one bats an eye to hear my age. In fact, I wonder if they're guessing older?

At the same time, I have two friends in their early 50s who do sincerely look mid-30s.

by Anonymousreply 8506/12/2014

What is it with you elder trolls about buying liquor? The rules changed 20 years ago and they have to punch in your birth year into a computer so it can keep track of any missing bottles or to confirm you have an American ID. You are not 35 - 50 who looks like 19.

by Anonymousreply 8606/12/2014

This thread is useless without driver's licenses.

by Anonymousreply 8706/12/2014

Looked around 15 years younger than I was due to genetics and an active, solo life. At 53, my chronological age caught up with me.

by Anonymousreply 8806/12/2014

I'm 45. I don't think I particularly look less than that, but I work around college kids and many of them thought I was in my early 30s.

I suspect it's because I have a 'baby face.' And that they aren't paying attention to my bald spot and crow's feet. LOL

by Anonymousreply 8906/12/2014

86 I was wondering about that. I was carded early in the year in Florida. I am 56 and look it. What I thought was strange was that it only happened once out of the multitude of times I bought liquor. And she seemed mortified when she saw my birth year. Like she couldn't believe I was still alive.

And then there was the person who thought I was my mother's husband.

She instantly went on my shit list.

by Anonymousreply 9006/12/2014

Good genes, staying fit, getting a decent nights sleep have kept me looking younger than most people my age. I always think I look my age but most people my age look a lot older than they should because they eat too much, drink too much, sit around too much.

In my 30s and 40s most people guessed I was in my late 20s. But my most people I mean breeders who were worn out and gone to seed.

To the 51 year old up-thread who's still passing: the party is almost over bud! I hit the wall at 55. And once you look mid-40s does it really matter if you're actually mid-50s?

by Anonymousreply 9106/12/2014

Gay men, especially DLers, are vain twats who take care of themselves and moisturize and exfoliate and all that crap x100. Compared to druggie-breeders who roast in the sun and have never heard of sunscreen let alone thought of going out in public in full Kabuki zinc oxide WE DO LOOK 10 YEARS YOUNGER than they do.

It is no surprise that EVERYONE on DL claims to be taken for looking 10 years younger, WE DO.

We've earned it.

Add good genes to the mix and we are practically MIRACULOUS!

by Anonymousreply 9206/12/2014

I'm 40 and you'd think I was 35 until you got a good look at my ball sack.

by Anonymousreply 9306/12/2014

Let's just say that an officer with the NYPD thought I look so young, he came close to arresting Michael for statutory rape!

by Anonymousreply 9406/12/2014

I don't need to look younger than my age OP. I just need to look younger than you. Happily, I do.

by Anonymousreply 9506/12/2014

I just turned 49 on Monday. I think I look 49 but others tell me anywhere from late thirties to early forties. But I think I am just a good looking 49. By that I mean I don't looked aged- but well preserved. I eat well. Lots of water. No sun or smoking. The sun and smoking will age you quickly. No children. Children age you. Don't do any hard drugs are a regular basis. And I take care of my face. But in the end I am blessed with excellent genes. I also think that aging is way of thinking. If you think old it will show. One needs to think like an adult. You will be less stressed. And don't worry about dying. Worry about living. You will be dead soon enough.

Oh and smoke some pot and have a drink everyday. Don't ask me why. My aunt told me that as a teenager. She looked 40 at age 70. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 9606/12/2014

The majority of people look older than their age. If you look younger than the average person, you've only managed to look your age.

by Anonymousreply 9706/12/2014

Please could previous posters quit evading the question.

by Anonymousreply 9806/12/2014

I look in the mirror and see a guy in his fifties but most think I'm early 40s or even late 30s in jeans and a tee. Will see how long it lasts.

by Anonymousreply 9906/13/2014

Now post your picture to see if you do look younger or just dreaming.

by Anonymousreply 10006/13/2014

I do. For now. I know it won't last.

I take after my dad's side, and I'm tiny. 5ft, 102 lbs, and 31. I don't drink, smoke, or tan. You won't find many females who don't bake themselves into oblivion.

Only drawback is I'm androgynous looking. Yes, I have been told that often. It's a bitch finding the right type of clothes to wear.

by Anonymousreply 10106/13/2014

When I was 16, I looked 25.

Now I'm 34, I look 25.

by Anonymousreply 10206/13/2014

R90, it is a nice compliment but many places card everyone no mater what. I am 52, look late 30- early 40 and still get carded. I've always been card, goes with the baby face, full head of hair and lean, fit, 6' , 182 frame.

by Anonymousreply 10306/13/2014

BTW, I smoked 2 packs of cigs for 15 years. I drank and still drink at least 3 a day. I exercise 2x a week. I'm in the sun a lot and I don't floss.

by Anonymousreply 10406/13/2014

R104, do you at least wipe you ass after a dump?

by Anonymousreply 10506/13/2014

It's true Taffy, for fourteen you don't look so good.

by Anonymousreply 10606/13/2014

I look 42. I am 42.

by Anonymousreply 10706/13/2014

I do! I'm 54 but look early 40s. I credit it to two things. I have a full head of hair; and I'm a little over-weight, so I have a full face with no wrinkles. Zsa Zsa Gabor once said, "there comes a time when a woman has to choose between her fanny and her face". Meaning a fat butt and a full face; or a slim butt and a slim face with lots of wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 10806/13/2014

52, but MAYBE I could pass for mid to late 40s.

by Anonymousreply 10906/13/2014

While admittedly it may be as rare as a hen's tooth, 62-year old Brad Gooch (mentioned recently in another thread) is an example of how one can indeed look MUCH younger than his actual age - and, yes, still be hot well into his dotage.

by Anonymousreply 11006/17/2014

I'm 34.

Most people think I'm in my mid to late 20s unless I let my hair grow out more than a week. I have that Prince William balding thing going on which can make me look my age.

by Anonymousreply 11106/17/2014

R110 Gooch carefully controls his image. Candids are not so flattering.

by Anonymousreply 11206/17/2014

What a fascinating topic.

by Anonymousreply 11306/17/2014

These threads are ridiculous!

Filled with utterly deluded people projecting what they think they look like...

In reality - they don't.

by Anonymousreply 11406/17/2014

r114 looks like a scrotum.

by Anonymousreply 11506/17/2014

I'm 27, but people think I'm in high school. I'm sure I'll appreciate it when I'm older but at the moment having baby face is just annoying.

by Anonymousreply 11606/17/2014

[quote]I'm 27, but people think I'm in high school.

It's possible that's because you're so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 11706/17/2014

OP / r108

That quote is actually a paraphrase of a quote from Catherine Deneuve.

by Anonymousreply 11906/17/2014

I'm 44 and still get carded.

by Anonymousreply 12006/17/2014

R120: That's because restaurants like to make sure AARP members are afforded the benefits they've rightfully earned.

by Anonymousreply 12106/17/2014

I don't worry about being mistaken for younger than my age. I'm more impressed by people who look good at their age -whatever that age is- and that's as much as I aspire to.

by Anonymousreply 12206/17/2014

im 36 and get the 10 years younger thing. I dont mind I think its great. im single with no children. travel a lot as well. Pretty happy indeed. As long as it stays with looking 10 years younger I'll be fine ^^

by Anonymousreply 12309/28/2014

Some time ago I overheard a bunch of 16-year old boys (they were discussing their ages) talking about a guy they knew who was twenty and they considered him to be a grampa and seemed to be wondering why they hung out with such an elderly person.

Also they referred to a 25-year old girl they knew as a MILF. They thought was nevertheless rapidly approaching her sell-by-date though.

On the other side of the spectrum: to an eighty year old a forty-something is still wet behind the ears.

by Anonymousreply 12409/28/2014

I'm 50, and look 50 in the US. But I live in the UK, so I look 35, maybe 30.

by Anonymousreply 12509/28/2014

This thread is hilarious.

Yes, sometimes people may think I am younger, estimating mid forties instead of 54. Let's suppose they are not being disingenuous. What does it do for me? Nothing. Hey, no one is saying I look 3o.

Besides looking good for one's age does not equal looking young. That ship sailed 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 12609/28/2014

Yep, I do.

Thanks to the use of sunscreen 365 days, lots of water, pure Omega 3, northern US living, expensive skin care, and good genes.

by Anonymousreply 12709/28/2014

Most of datalounge does because fat people do look young for their age, as a rule.

by Anonymousreply 12809/28/2014

I'm 63, but I look 17 and 3/4s. Exactly.

People often come up to me in the street and say " Settle a bet? Are you 16, 17 or just a tad under 18"?

I reply "What's the book?

Having no pension, it has been a great help to me that people care so deeply about what age I am. As they do.

by Anonymousreply 12909/28/2014

I look 29-30 years old.

But I'm really 36 years old. Not a huge number, but it definitely helps in life. I actually got 26 the other day!

by Anonymousreply 13009/28/2014

I'm 61.

Look closer to 65-70?

I have a chronic medical condition that I think has contributed to the deterioration.

by Anonymousreply 13109/28/2014

I'm 43. Most people put me at late 30s. So, pretty close to my real age. I'm not a sun worshipper or smoker, which probably helps.

by Anonymousreply 13209/28/2014

I look 36 but I am 44.

sunscreen of SPF35+ everyday for years.

by Anonymousreply 13309/28/2014

I am 58, but even after I let my beard go gray, most people still guess I'm in my mid-40s and seem genuinely shocked to hear I'm nearing 60. No major wrinkles, just a few laugh lines around my eyes. When I lose more weight, I'm sure I will start looking older.

A dear female friend eats an exemplary diet, is naturally on the thin side, and is very athletic and energetic. She's 50 and looks far older than me.

by Anonymousreply 13409/28/2014

I look 25 but I'm really 65.

by Anonymousreply 13509/28/2014

At my age I'd be offended if I was mistaken for a younger man

by Anonymousreply 13609/28/2014

I'm dead but look like I'm an embryo.

by Anonymousreply 13709/28/2014

Real age minus near twenty.

by Anonymousreply 13809/28/2014

I look younger than my age, but feel quite elderly. So it cancels out.

by Anonymousreply 13909/28/2014

I am 43 but look 30 or under, have even been asked for ID when buying smokes for my husband. I think it has to do with lifestyle, I do not drink, smoke, I eat healthy, exercise , and wear sunscreen daily. When I was in high school I would stay out of the sun as I was into the whole goth scene, kids used to say I looked like a ghost, to get some sun, but I am so glad now that I avoided the sun.

by Anonymousreply 14004/17/2015

I look 17 years old but I'm really 27 years old. Seriously.. I still get asked for ID whenever I buy alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 14104/17/2015

I look 17. That's 105 to you and me.

by Anonymousreply 14204/17/2015

No lie-we took my niece and her friend out for the niece's birthday last year. The friend thought I was in my 20's. I was 46 at the time. Granted, they're both 11, but I did let her know that I'll be paying her college tuition as thanks.

by Anonymousreply 14304/17/2015

I am 30 and look 30. will you still do me?

by Anonymousreply 14404/17/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!