Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Steve Cochrane was the sexiest 50's bad guy

Steve Cochrane was a Warner Bros. Contract player, who always played tough, in films with Cagney, Crawford, and others. Jet black hair, hairy chest, great scowl, and beautiful smile - he had the whole package. In fact , was known in Hollywood, to be one of the best endowed stars, and even when she was old, in the 60's , Merle Oberon still had him in one of her last films. That Mighty sausage was wanted by all. Was also picked by Mae West, originally, to be one of her muscle men in her act. Anyone have any other dish on the guy ?

by Anonymousreply 7403/05/2013

Massive pussyhound.

Big Eisenhower supporter.

by Anonymousreply 104/03/2012

Here is more about Steve from a link in the Rock Hudson thread. He grabbed my attention when I was a youngergay. (No 'e' at the end of his name.)

by Anonymousreply 204/03/2012

Very under-rated guy who did lots of programmers in the 50s, though he also stars in Antonioni's 1957 IL GRIDO, which was probably made cheaply in Italy. I like him with Anne Baxter in a 1954 circus drama CARNIVAL STORY. I think he died early of booze, drugs etc. he looked like he had to shave several times a day.

by Anonymousreply 304/03/2012

His death was bizarre

On June 15, 1965, at the age of 48, Cochran died on his yacht off the coast of Guatemala due to an acute lung infection. His body, along with three alive but upset female assistants, remained onboard for ten days since the three women didn't know how to operate the boat. The boat drifted to shore in Port Champerico, Guatemala and was found by authorities. There were various rumors of foul play and poisoning, and Merle Oberon tried to use her influence to push for further police investigations. No new evidence was found.

by Anonymousreply 404/03/2012

Always thought he was hot. Still do! Very masculine and oozes sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 504/03/2012

Lawrence Tierney was the hottest son of a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 604/03/2012

Are you kidding ?

by Anonymousreply 704/03/2012

Another of the 'real men' from the past . Where are they now ? Zac Efron, Ryan Phillipe, Asston Kutcher, Taylor Lautner,Bradley Cooper,Ryan Reynolds. All boys, or faux men . Long for the bad boy/ Steve Cochrane types. MEN. Richard Conte, Cagney, Bogart, Mitchim, Gable, Victor Mature, Rory Calhoun, Robert Ryan. .

by Anonymousreply 804/03/2012

HOT.

"Come Next Spring" is a nice small film that Cochran produced, starring himself and oomph girl Ann Sheridan.

by Anonymousreply 904/03/2012

Yea he was hot

by Anonymousreply 1004/03/2012

Loved Steve COCKran. Ever since I read that he was horse hung, years ago, I loved him even more. In some films, even with those awful baggy pants they used to wear, you can see that piece swaying . In the films where he wore jeans, the bulge is really obvious. He was walking testosterone.

by Anonymousreply 1104/03/2012

Loved, loved, loved him in the Crawford classic "The Damned Don't Cry". He played a tough, but a sympathetic one. A good film to rent on a rainy night (if you like classic, soapy, noirs).

by Anonymousreply 1204/03/2012

With Palm Springs, standing in as Vegas. If you look closely, you can see Crawford's staying at The Biltmore (torn down, wtth modern condos in it's place - gays own over half the units, as weekend retreats, from LA). Used to be so cool. And gangster Cochran's house , is Sinatra's original PS home, called Twin Palms, with piano shaped pool. It's been beautifully restored, and you can even rent it - for $2,600 a night.

by Anonymousreply 1304/03/2012

Was also in "White Heat" with Cagney. He lures Virginia Mayo, Cagney's GF, away, with those smoldering looks.......and that huge tool.

by Anonymousreply 1404/04/2012

He had the most beautiful eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1504/04/2012

Why does that unappealing Lawrence Tierney get a photo in Steve's thread and Steve doesn't?

A shirtless one would help with responses.

by Anonymousreply 1604/04/2012

There are lots of pics of Steve at the link in r2

Steve is in a movie that is playing on TCM right now called "Storm Warning" starring Ron Reagan, Ginger Rogers and Doris Day. It is not the kind of movie that you would think of with Day and Rogers in it.

Worth a look.

by Anonymousreply 1704/04/2012

R17 - I watched it, and it was a load of hooey! It was a b-movie version of "Streetcar Named Desire" turned on its ear, only instead of a neurotic southern belle on a streetcar to New Orleans and ruin, you have a steely dress model (Rogers) on a bus to Rockpoint to visit her pregnant sister (Day) and her brutish but hunky Klansman brother-in-law (Cochran). The Rogers character witnesses Klansmen murder someone and what does she do? Confronts the perpetrators and tells them she's going to rat them out to the cops! Smart girl!

But anyway, Cochran was definitely a hunk in the film, but lacked the heat of Brando.

by Anonymousreply 1804/05/2012

Check out a 50s kids' western called The Lion and the Horse. Cochran plays the horse... a sexy rugged loner cowboy with a huge bulge bursting out of his tight blue jeans. Just my type.

by Anonymousreply 1904/05/2012

Do Rogers and Day sing and dance in Storm Warning? Together or apart?

by Anonymousreply 2004/05/2012

I wonder how big his massive dead schlong was???

by Anonymousreply 2104/05/2012

You are so far off - it's about the KKK. Ginger & Doris don't break into any musical numbers. Its a very serious drama, and subject. The scenes with Doris, & Steve, are funny though - she's so sweet, and pure, and he's so dark, and angry ( and a big racist). Can't imagine these two really being together.

by Anonymousreply 2204/05/2012

You just know that Joan C. was getting plowed constantly by Steve when they worked together.

by Anonymousreply 2304/05/2012

Yes, Steve's peen did get around, much like , more recently, Liam Neeson. Once word gets out, of a big endowment, in Hollywood, they all want a sample. Crawford is one, as is Mae West, Jayne Mansfield, Ida Lupino, Kay Kendall, and Merle Oberon, who wanted that peen back so much, when Cochran went missing , she spent thousands $$$ to send the Intl.Coast Guard out to find him, and get it / him back.

by Anonymousreply 2404/05/2012

How many inches was that big ol' dead CHORIZO !!

by Anonymousreply 2504/05/2012

Tell us more about the SIZEMEAT?

by Anonymousreply 2604/05/2012

His photos don't do him justice. You have to see him in a movie to really see what a stud he was. A sexy masculine stud!

by Anonymousreply 2704/06/2012

I watched STORM WARNING yesterday. It's like the Old Warner Bros. film BLACK LEGION crossed with A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE. Cochran is hot in this but not at hot as he is in THE DAMNED DON'T CRY or WHITE HEAT.

And R23, I think she traded off between Cochran and David Brian and when she felt generous, let Kent Smith watch.

by Anonymousreply 2804/06/2012

Sexy pic of Cochran with ill-fated 50s starlet Barbara Payton. Love his sideburns.

by Anonymousreply 2904/08/2012

Hint of Cochran's big dickbulge in 1950 western DALLAS.

by Anonymousreply 3004/08/2012

Wow, that's Ruth Roman fighting off probably 20 inches of throbbing manmeat.

(I heard Gary Cooper was hung too!)

by Anonymousreply 3104/08/2012

I remember reading somewhere years ago that Cochran had an 11" dick.

by Anonymousreply 3204/08/2012

We need a Steve Cochran troll!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3304/08/2012

[quote]I remember reading somewhere years ago that Cochran had an 11" dick.

Pass the smelling salts, Beulah!

by Anonymousreply 3404/08/2012

Hot pictures of Steve.

by Anonymousreply 3504/08/2012

I like to think the 12" stories are true. At the least, I would have been more than willing to find out at the time.

This image and these hideous swim shorts don't lend much credence to the prospect. Whatever he had was so mashed down and flattened out and stretched out of sight that he might have had his dick shoved up his own hole for the sake of "decency"

by Anonymousreply 3604/08/2012

On the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 3704/08/2012

Ruth Roman as a blonde? Anyone know where that picture at r35 is from?

by Anonymousreply 3804/08/2012

Man, what a sexy guy he was!

by Anonymousreply 3904/08/2012

God, I absolutely love the thought of men with huge dicks.

by Anonymousreply 4004/08/2012

You just KNOW that Ruth got some of that. Look at her face! She wasn't THAT great an actress.

by Anonymousreply 4104/09/2012

Trivia: Ruth Roman was a passenger on the ship Andrea Doria when she was struck by another ship and sank. I remember seeing pics of Ruth after being rescued, all disheveled and distraught.

The blond Ruthie is from a pic called "Tomorrow Is Another Day." A review of the movie from Amazon sez:

"Bill Clark (Steve Cochran) is a brooding, fresh-from-the-pen ex-con who has spent his entire adult life behind bars. Upon discharge, he is a newborn in a fast, unforgiving world. When a reporter posts a front-page story on his release he has no recourse but to leave town. He heads to New York for a fresh start, but finds more complications in the form of Catherine (Ruth Roman), a steely dancehall dame. Their blossoming romance is almost nipped in the bud when Catherine's cop ex-boyfriend is shot and killed during an altercation with the pair. They take it on the lam with their reputations and past deeds not far behind. From out of the film noir shadows comes Tomorrow Is Another Day, a frank and forceful tale of fugitive lovers in an unforgiving world."

by Anonymousreply 4204/09/2012

[quote]God, I absolutely love the thought of men with huge dicks.

This could be the most truthful, guileless sentiment ever expressed on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 4304/09/2012

I thought the same thing R43, even though I, myself, am into small tools. How funny!

by Anonymousreply 4404/10/2012

R44, you are into SMALL dicks? For Heaven's sake, why? You mean to say you would not have any desire or curiosity to sample Steve Cochran's double-digit meat truncheon, were it still alive?

by Anonymousreply 4504/10/2012

Calm down, darlin'... Different strokes for different folks! I don't like lockjaw or lock-anything else and that's my privilege. Also, I don't believe in writing off a perfectly beautiful man just because he isn't donkey hung. I see a lot of big gay guys who are, apart from frequent tricks, very, very lonely because they relied upon their dicks to win attention and never bother to develop anything else, like a personality or even a decent body. There's something to be said for overcompensation (like humor, good grooming and fitness and best of all - a warm, humble attitude.) But that's me. Other people can do who and what they want!

by Anonymousreply 4604/10/2012

[quote]humor, good grooming and fitness and best of all - a warm, humble attitude.

You just don't get it, do you? Steve Cochran had 11 INCHES.

by Anonymousreply 4704/10/2012

Yawn... There is nothing more boring than a size queen.

by Anonymousreply 4804/11/2012

Agree, I hate size queens. But I love their boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 4904/11/2012

Just saw him in another WB prison movie, on TCM, where he played a convict, of course. The guy just exuded sex.No wonder all the starlets of the day wanted him. Tall, dark,handsome, charming - and they all knew what was waiting in his pants. No one like that around today.

by Anonymousreply 5008/01/2012

Lol Mamie Van Doren!

Well, alright he was sexy but he was probably a HUGE JERK! What do you expect from notorious womanizers?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cochran played his favorite role in Storm Warning, with Doris Day and Ginger Rogers. “To me, one source of satisfaction in playing the role of Hank in Storm Warning was the feeling that I might be making a small contribution toward racial tolerance,” he told the Saturday Evening Post. “As a youngster in Wyoming, I had seen the fiery crosses of the Ku Klux Klan burning near my home and even then I sensed their frightening menace. As Hank in this picture, I had a chance to show how basically shabby such demonstrations are.”

by Anonymousreply 5103/02/2013

Mamie Van Doren and Steve Cochran in The Rebel Age, 1959.

Mamie Van D. you were a sexy babe as well...!

by Anonymousreply 5203/02/2013

Cochran sometimes looked like a more burly Colin Farrell..similar eyes and facial structure. Pic here, from "The Tanks are Coming" (1951)

by Anonymousreply 5303/02/2013

R53, yes i thought that too. There is a similarity between them. Both seem voracious!

by Anonymousreply 5403/02/2013

Steve Cochran: the bad boy I love to hate

by Anonymousreply 5503/03/2013

Any updates on Steve Cochran's big ol' 11-incher?

by Anonymousreply 5603/03/2013

Hahahahahahaha R56

I pinch your nose!

Silly horny rabbit!

by Anonymousreply 5703/03/2013

R57 (or anyone else who cares to comment) - do you think it was very FAT as well as LONG?

by Anonymousreply 5803/03/2013

R58, sorry to disappoint you but i haven't got the slightest idea about Steve's size. It would be awesome though if it appeared out of nowhere a photo of Cochran's cock. We could examine it and think about it for some time...

:P

by Anonymousreply 5903/03/2013

I confess that i haven't seen yet IL GRIDO (The Cry). What do you think of this Antonioni movie? Does Cochran fit in it?

So far, i have seen him in 'The Damned Don't Cry', 'White Heat' and in 'The Best Years of our Lives'

With Ginger Rogers below...and no i haven't seen 'Storm Warning' either. Is it really that good? The problem is that i find Ronald Reagan boring and he is the leading man there!

by Anonymousreply 6003/03/2013

And what about 'Tomorrow is Another Day'?

by Anonymousreply 6103/03/2013

Steve Cochran in leather Ruth Roman VINTAGE Photo

by Anonymousreply 6203/03/2013

1951 Ruth Roman and Steve Cochran "Tomorrow is Another Day" Press Photo

by Anonymousreply 6303/03/2013

He was certainly sexy but obviously he had fidelity issues...

by Anonymousreply 6403/03/2013

Steve Cochran presents his sizeable bulge to an uninterested child.

by Anonymousreply 6503/03/2013

Lolz 65

by Anonymousreply 6603/04/2013

Damn, baby!

by Anonymousreply 6703/04/2013

More info on the CHORIZO, pls.

by Anonymousreply 6803/04/2013

Google:

the tales of hollywood the bizarre steve cochran

Read the first result.

R68, you care only about his Chorizo?

Lolz!

by Anonymousreply 6903/04/2013

Man got a dick on him that's thick and long.

Man got a big ol' veiny salami in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 7003/04/2013

He had one of the most perfect hairy chests ever. Can you imagine a star today flaunting that much fur?

by Anonymousreply 7103/04/2013

Fur in a man is cute and fuzzy.

Well R70, what do you think of Victor Mature's cock? It's as big and thick as you dream of i daresay, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 7203/04/2013

Indeed, R72. Would be good to see Steve Cochran and Victor Mature comparing their respective GIRTH.

John Ireland also sported a massive bulge in those 50s Westerns. Perhaps all three of them should compare.

by Anonymousreply 7303/04/2013

R73 I didn't know that John Ireland had a big salami too. Wow...i'm getting educated in Datalounge. Cool.

Lolz!

by Anonymousreply 7403/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.