Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ashton Kutcher Set To Play Steve Jobs In Bio-pic

Ashton Kutcher to play Steve Jobs Indie pic 'Jobs' to be directed by Joshua Michael Stern By Jeff Sneider

The King of Twitter is now the King of Apple, as "Two and a Half Men" star Ashton Kutcher is attached to play Steve Jobs in the indie pic "Jobs," which Joshua Michael Stern ("Swing Vote") will direct from a script by Matt Whiteley.

The film will chronicle Steve Jobs from wayward hippie to co-founder of Apple, where he became one of the most revered creative entrepreneurs of our time.

Five Star Institute's Mark Hulme is financing and will produce the pic, which is skedded to start production in May while Kutcher is on hiatus from his hit CBS series.

CAA, which reps both Kutcher and Stern, will represent the pic's domestic distribution rights.

While Kutcher was last seen in Garry Marshall's ensemble pic "New Year's Eve" and the romantic comedy "No Strings Attached," he earned strong notices for his more serious turns in David Mackenzie's sex dramedy "Spread" and Emilio Estevez's historical drama "Bobby."

Stern, who made his helming debut with the 2005 Aaron Eckhart vehicle "Neverwas," previously directed Disney's 2008 election comedy "Swing Vote," toplined by Kutcher's "The Guardian" co-star Kevin Costner. Helmer is also attached to direct Stone Village's "Carnaval," an R-rated comedy that pairs John Cusack with fellow CAA client Johnny Knoxville.

In addition to both CAA and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern, Kutcher and Stern are respectively repped by Untitled Entertainment and 3 Arts Entertainment.

Contact Jeff Sneider at

by Miareply 2802/02/2013

by Miareply 104/01/2012

Ohhhhh, I get it...April Fools! You got me, OP.

by Miareply 204/01/2012

Shouldn't you cast someone who can convincingly convey high intelligence???

by Miareply 304/01/2012

April Fools or not, I think this is great casting. Kutcher can pull off arrogant asshole better than anyone. I think he fits the part.

by Miareply 404/01/2012

There is some resemblance but I don't see him doing a credible job.

by Miareply 504/01/2012

And yet I think this could be the role that takes him from ex-model to ACTOR status.

If he does this well I could see an Oscar nomination.

by Miareply 604/01/2012

R4 & R6 - see R3. Kutcher is a moron.

by Miareply 704/01/2012

To his credit, Ashton isn't horrible in dramatic roles. He was actually competent in The Butterfly Effect.

by Miareply 804/01/2012

He looks a lot like Jobs when he was younger. But, I don't know how AK will be able to play him as an older, cancer ravaged man. His looks changed dramatically.

Another one who resembles him when he was young is Gale Harold (no, I'm not the Gale Harold troll). And he's a far better actor.

by Miareply 904/01/2012

"Dude, where's my iPod Nano?"

by Miareply 1004/01/2012

The article says it follow Jobs to his time at Apple, R9. Maybe aging make up won't be necessary.

by Miareply 1104/01/2012

Any ideas for a better actor for the role? How about Jake G.?

by Miareply 1204/01/2012

is this going to be a tv movie or do they actually think people will pay to see this?

There was already a good movie about SJ with Noah Wylie

by Miareply 1304/01/2012

LOL April Fool's Joke

by Miareply 1404/01/2012

It'll suck.

by Miareply 1504/01/2012

Kutcher looks like Scruffy Steve, who was the really interesting Steve. Who wants to see cancer-wasted Steve?

by Miareply 1604/02/2012

He can't act.

by Miareply 1704/02/2012

It will be a motion picture film.

by Miareply 1804/02/2012

[quote]When [Crowe] cast Ashton Kutcher in Elizabethtown. Kutcher was then still part of That 70's Show, and Crowe told him he had to set aside a few weeks to focus only on the film. But sources involved with the project say Kutcher didn't heed Crowe's words. Although he promised he would deliver when the cameras were rolling, Crowe lost faith. "The thing about Cameron is, he never gets angry," says one involved in the production. He simply dropped Kutcher and, despite Paramount's resistance, cast Bloom. "I'll spend months working with an actor, and I think I spent four months with Ashton," Crowe says. "At a certain point, it's like, 'This is not meant to be.' "

by Miareply 1904/03/2012

A shame. Could've been an interesting flick but with this jokester playing SJ, I'll sit this one out.

by Miareply 2004/03/2012

Who will play The Woz?

by Miareply 2104/03/2012

More important, who will play kathy Griffin?

by Miareply 2204/03/2012

So, who will play Suri?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

by Miareply 2304/03/2012

You are missing out, r20. Don't be surprised if Ashton gets an Oscar nomination.

by Miareply 2404/03/2012

So, just saw this tonight, and Ashton does a really good job. The movie is a lot better than I had expected, as I'd heard originally it would be a Lifetime movie.

I think Ashton captures Steve's character in the main. You understand why he was so exceptional, and why so difficult. He doesn't quite capture the true twisted evil quality of Steve, his portrayal is very, very good, and very convincing.

Ashton was at the screening, and personally asked me to post this on DataLounge.

by Miareply 2601/31/2013

I've heard Woz hates it.

by Miareply 2702/01/2013

by Miareply 2802/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!