Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Piers Morgan VS Touré

I have never seen such a nasty fight on TV between 2 journalists over last night's interview with George Zimmerman's hottie brother and the importance of just putting anyone on tv to muddy the waters and issue (likely) false information. Watch it when it is repeated later tonight, or catch it when it first airs on the West Coast!!

Though I hate to admit it Piers made a few good points, but Touré clearly won the dispute.

by Anonymousreply 5204/04/2012

Piers is pure slime. He needs to take his flabby and pasty ass back to England.

by Anonymousreply 103/30/2012

Zimmerman was clearly mentally ill and it seems odd that his family are so keen to defend him now when they did nothing to help him before.

by Anonymousreply 203/30/2012

Is Toure her only name? Like Cher?

by Anonymousreply 303/30/2012

Funny, I was just on Twitter and saw that "Toure" was trending. Was it really that good?

by Anonymousreply 403/30/2012

Toure is hot!

by Anonymousreply 503/30/2012

Yes R4, seriously, it was that good.

by Anonymousreply 603/30/2012

Sorry boys, I thought Toure' acted like an ass. He's pissed that Piers was circumspect instead of crucifying Zimmerman's brother. I used to like that guy, but now I think he's a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 703/30/2012

Toure seems to me to have a good point that a Brit cannot understand race issues as well as an American.

What is Piers talking about that he has been here for 6 or 7 years so he understands American culture?

6 years ago was after Katrina. It was long after OJ and Rodney King. It missed the cadillac queen slurs of the Reagan era. It missed battles over affirmative action and civil rights.

Why do Brits get hired for such prominent jobs in American journalism? Piers Morgan and Tina Brown need to GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 803/30/2012

R7, as others on Twitter have pointed out, Piers interogated every statement Toure made FAR MORE than he did the potential half-truths and lies expressed by Zimmerman's brother.

To me that is the issue.

by Anonymousreply 903/30/2012

I am watching the rerun and Piers is a smug ass. His insults reveal him to be a small minded, insecure and nasty man. He made much of the interview ALL ABOUT HIM.

by Anonymousreply 1003/31/2012

When is his contract up?

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2012

What a joke that Hacker Morgan wants to lecture anyone about what constitutes a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 1203/31/2012

Two self-indulgent, self-important self-promoters engaging in a contrived tiff instead of debating real issues.

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2012

Irrelevant v. irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2012

His ratings are down 36% among all viewers compared to the same period in 2011.

Can't wait for him to get fired.

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2012

Toure acted terribly. He should have kept quiet. The more Trayvon supporters speak out the more ridiculous this incident gets and the more it turns people off. I think Piers did a good job of letting the brother say what he wanted. The brother grasped at straws the entire interview and came off poorly in my opinion. He wasn't there and he has no expertise in crimes scenes so it was just hot air. Facts already known contradict what George Zimmerman told police. The confrontation happened in an alley not at his car. They fought on grass not on the walkway.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2012

Whoa!!!!! That was the best cat fight I've ever seen on TV!!!!! Piers Morgan lost his shit! Toure handed Piers' ass to him hahaha. Piers finally got called out on his ass-kissing interview style. I still can't believe how he ever got chosen to replace Larry King. Larry King was a pro and treated every guest with dignity and respect, whether he agreed with them or not. Piers just kisses ass all day long. It's painful to watch. Toure was not having it and hit a major nerve with Piers. That was the best!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2012

I'm no Piers Morgan fan, but Toure's argument was obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 1803/31/2012

If Piers had pressed and interrogated George's brother as harshly as he did Toure, that would have been the right thing to do. He didn't like that Toure' was not backing down. I guess he expected his British accent and snyde remarks to intimidate Toure', but he got shut down. Piers is now interviewing Reba McIntyre and kissing ass again. Please cancel that show already. Piers Morgan sucks ass!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1903/31/2012

Toure was being condescending by telling Piers that he didn't understand the pain in the soul of America. Sarcastic remarks as '..oh you been here 6 whole years/..oh you've been covering the story 1 whole week' were used to diminish Piers' standing.

Piers was being immature as he devolved into the 'I know you are but what am I?' /'who's the worst journalist between us?' argument.

A pox on both houses. I don't care for either one of them.

by Anonymousreply 2003/31/2012

R16 so you're saying that Trayvon's supporters should shut up because the more they speak out about it the more ridiculous the incident becomes???? That doesn't even make sense you leming. Just because it's not sitting well with some people doesn't mean they shouldn't speak out for justice. A young man has been murdered. A young black man is dead for no reason. That's what should be turning you off - not the fact that they're seeking justice. If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. And YOU are part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 2103/31/2012

R20 spoken like a true people-pleasing fence rider

by Anonymousreply 2203/31/2012

I merely observed that both behaved badly, r22. Neither side is preferable in this case.

by Anonymousreply 2303/31/2012

Piers doesn't have a reason to behave badly. He didn't like the fact that Toure said that Zimmerman killed Trayvon. Piers challenged him saying that Toure did not actually see Zimmerman kill Trayvon, therefore he didn't really have a right to judge. Really? It's a fact that George Z killed Trayvon. Everyone knows this to be fact. We weren't there but Zimmerman was there, the gun was there, and Trayvon's dead body was there. Piers was trying to treat Toure like an "angry black man" and Toure wasn't having it and put him in his place. Piers should have more understanding of what this tragedy means to Americans, to the Black community, and should have showed more compassion. He is a British import and is emotionally disconnected from our culture. Sounds like you are too.

by Anonymousreply 2403/31/2012

A GOOD journalist doesn't need to have lived all his life in a particular place or country to understand the importance, the gravity, and the cultural angle of the situation he's reporting on.

Piers is a hack and a tosser. Touré should have based his critque on that and not on the "You're not one of US, so you don't get US and our problems / culture" argument.

by Anonymousreply 2503/31/2012

Under normal circumstances, you are absolutely correct. Piers pushed his buttons and so Toure pushed back. That said, their argument still does not take anything away from Trayvon's tragedy. The fact that Toure' defended his position does not make the situation ridiculous, nor does it turn people off. If they're turned off, it's not because of what Toure' said, it's because they were already turned off. Hate is a serious ongoing problem and Trayvon's murder was the tipping point.

by Anonymousreply 2603/31/2012

If it weren't for people speaking up about Trayvon's murder and getting the attention of the national media, we wouldn't even be speaking about it today.

by Anonymousreply 2703/31/2012

Can't stand either of them. Both pompous, self important, douches.

And PLEASE CNN, replace Piers, and admit you made a big mistake, letiing that old coot Larry King go. But anyone but Piss Morgan !

by Anonymousreply 2803/31/2012

Love Toure, hate pompous Piers. Piers was supposed to be "dangerous" as an interviewer or at least that's what he liked to say when his show started, I've never seen any evidence of that and Toure walked all over him just as I expected.

by Anonymousreply 2903/31/2012

In a case like this it does matter what the public thinks because that is how pressue built on the legal system in Florida and the federal government to further look in to the case. Toure going off on Piers won't help build support.

by Anonymousreply 3003/31/2012

R30 please see R27. It's obvious what the public thinks.

by Anonymousreply 3103/31/2012

A link to the cat fight below.

by Anonymousreply 3203/31/2012

by Anonymousreply 3303/31/2012

And GLAAD going off on Dharun Ravi would have done nothing to build support, r30.

Oh, except they did and it did.

You all are not even hypocrites, who just act or speak contradictorily on similar issues. You simply have decided some lives have value and others don't. You're lower than mere hypocrite, and that's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 3403/31/2012

That's quite the battle of assholes.

by Anonymousreply 3503/31/2012

When these so-called family members and supporters of Zimmerman launched their counter-offensive, and fanned out across the media, aided and abetted by statements and pronouncements from the police department in Stanford, they put themselves on the line to be vigorously questioned. They do not get a free pass.

Piers Morgan is slime. I've tried, but I just can't watch him.I can do about ten minutes then I have to leave. Not only he is clueless about American politics, and social justice issues, he has a very clear political and social perspective that makes it impossible for him to be an honest broker. Piers is handicapped more by his own biases than he is by his nationality.

CNN needs to realize it isn't about "finding an audience" or about transitioning from Larry King, it's about the fact that people just don't like him. If they want someone British there are a whole lot of people they could look at. The cache of having a Brit do the show is lost with Piers. He gives the UK a bad name.

I never fully appreciated Larry King until he was gone.

by Anonymousreply 3703/31/2012

I love Toure.

Hot and sexy and smart, too.

He polished the floor with Piers.

by Anonymousreply 3803/31/2012

Yup, Toure is hot and smart and sexy and pinging so hard I've probably got a shot with him.

by Anonymousreply 3903/31/2012

Dont make Toure take off his earrings gurl!

by Anonymousreply 4003/31/2012

R2, that's the impression that I get, that Zimmerman was mentally ill and has, to this point, received little to no treatment possibly out of family shame...

and the daddy's teabagger ways and Faux News whipping up the hysteria contributed to his mental deterioation.

by Anonymousreply 4103/31/2012

Choosing who I like more of the two is like making me choose between dying in a fire or drowning to death.

by Anonymousreply 4203/31/2012

Toure gets on my damn nerves.

by Anonymousreply 4304/01/2012

I could care less for either fellow. Piers is a slime-ball who hasn't any journalistic integrity at all and Touré has made a career of hoping on whatever bandwagon is "of the moment" and that is that.

Give Rosie O'Donnell, or better yet, Joy Behar Piers slot on CNN and send the boy back home to England. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 4404/01/2012

I HATE them both, so much.

Toure did get in a few good bitch slaps, though.

by Anonymousreply 4504/01/2012

This is like a Trump v Rosie fight, but on a Z-list level.

I couldn't give a shit for either one of them.

by Anonymousreply 4604/01/2012

toure is giving me some andy samburg. howevs, piers won this round.

by Anonymousreply 4704/01/2012

Piers vainly attempting to be relevant but merely demonstrating tone deafness:

by Anonymousreply 4804/01/2012

A wonder if the New BlacK Panthers have put a contract out on Piers yet.

by Anonymousreply 4904/01/2012

Toure apologizes. :(

by Anonymousreply 5004/01/2012

Toure is the Flo Anthony of serious journalists.

by Anonymousreply 5104/01/2012

Toure is an asshole

by Anonymousreply 5204/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!