Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rosie O'Donnell puts her Miami Beach mega mansion up for sale the day after her show was cancelled by OWN

Rosie O'Donnell has put her enormous Miami Beach mansion up for sale -- and she's asking for $19.5 million.

Rosie put the Star Island property up for sale today -- just days after her show was canceled on the Oprah Winfrey Network. It's unclear if the real estate move is related to the TV flop.

The home features TWO private guest houses in addition to the main house -- and 203 feet of prime water frontage.

Rosie purchased the 11,000 sq. ft. beachfront property in 1999 for $6.75 million. Apparently, it was a damn good investment.

Thanks to South Beach Condo Blog for the heads up.

by Anonymousreply 15002/23/2015

I predicted this. When Suze Orman was a guest on her show last month, she acted like Rosie was going to run out of money if she didn't start taking control of her finances. Rosie admitted to Suze that she doesn't like thinking about money at all.

by Anonymousreply 103/30/2012

She may be asking $19.5 million but I doubt if she'll get that much in today's market.

by Anonymousreply 303/30/2012

Oh I bet her good friend and neighbor Gloria Estefan is sad. :(

by Anonymousreply 503/30/2012

Rosie hasn't seen most of her kids in ages. They're all put away in private boarding schools and military schools.

by Anonymousreply 603/31/2012

She probably will but she's been a spendaholic for decades.

by Anonymousreply 803/31/2012

Remember she put her own money up for "Taboo" and even though it was years ago, that's a big chunk of change. She lives large and doesn't have much coming in. Nor does she have a whole lot of prospects for money coming in either.

by Anonymousreply 903/31/2012

[quote]I really hope she gets a prenup before getting married.

I don't think she will. I remember when she was interviewed back in 2002 by Barbara Walters that she said she wasn't worried about money or about her then-partner Kelly liking her just for her money.

by Anonymousreply 1003/31/2012

You wouldn't think she would be hurting for money, since she just got paid $15 million for working for OWN for...5 months.

Of course, she will never get another payday like that again, so I guess it's good that she's thinking ahead.

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2012

Rosie chooses to be blissfully ignorant with money. Years ago she said when she was young she didn't understand that the amount of money in your checking account one day might not include any deductions for recent checks written. She thought what she saw was what she could spend.

After she had already made millions she mentioned talking to one of her money people and basically saying to him she didn't to hear from him that much.

She really is a loon in her personal life I think.

by Anonymousreply 1203/31/2012

I thought her salary was closer to 10 mil. Of course, Rosie herself floated the close to 15 million on Howard Stern. Before the show started, her salary was quoted at 4.5 milliion so it wouldn't be out of line to think she was at the 7-8 mil for five months of work.

It's a lot of money, but with taxes, agents, managers, entourage, etc. even at 10 mil, that's a lot less take home.

Maybe she won the lottery tonight. Then we could really see what she'd do with 340 million.

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2012

[quote]SNL Kagan focused on less hopeful numbers, saying the network was forced to pay out $15 million of what was to be a $40 million, two-year contract for O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2012

I don't understand this move. She goes down to Miami so much and her friend Gloria Estefan lives close by. Is there anywhere else in Miami that is great for celebrities?

R12 Rosie said she made enough money to last several lifetimes therefore didn't want to hear from her financial advisers.

Rosie is a spend thrift. I can't see Rosie going through her millions. She shops at Target. She buys cheap stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2012

R17 March 30th was supposed to be the date of the last airing. OWN is so manic that they couldn't show one last episode. The show ended with a performance by Josh Kelley that was taped last year on the old set which never aired. Before his performance his wife and adopted daughter gave a message to him via video.

by Anonymousreply 1903/31/2012

my DVR said Rosie (with guests Bill and Giulianna Rancic) up until 10:00 and then suddenly it changed to some other show.

by Anonymousreply 2003/31/2012

Hey R16, you seem to think "spend thrift" means frugal but you're dead ass wrong, Bucko. It means the exact opposite.

Word up.......

by Anonymousreply 2103/31/2012

R21 LOL Yes, I meant to say Rosie is frugal. You can put your ruler away.

by Anonymousreply 2203/31/2012

I heard Rosie on Howard Stern once where she said she has something like $100 million, and that she essentially lives off the interest. She said she absolutely hates the topic of money and has instructed her money managers to just do their job and never to bother her with it. I wish I could find the segment.

by Anonymousreply 2303/31/2012

R21, that's always annoyed me.

"THRIFT" means frugal, as in "thrifty". Spend-Thrift *should* mean, by all logic and reason, someone who spends thriftily.

The fact that it means the opposite of what it actually says is just fucking stupid.

This is one of those words/phrases where everyone should just agree it's fucking wrong, and stop using it that way.

by Anonymousreply 2403/31/2012

Is the gold digger fiancee still hanging around?

by Anonymousreply 2503/31/2012

[quote]I heard Rosie on Howard Stern once where she said she has something like $100 million, and that she essentially lives off the interest.

Nothing worse than someone who brags about how much money they have in their bank account.

by Anonymousreply 2603/31/2012

The house was TOO SMALL for her fat ass

by Anonymousreply 2703/31/2012

It was crazy the other day how she dressed down Jeff Lewis for being mean.....hello?

by Anonymousreply 2803/31/2012

[quote]It was crazy the other day how she dressed down Jeff Lewis for being mean.....hello?

And that's coming from the same woman who told an employee who was a cancer survivor that "Liars get cancer" and "if they keep lying, they get it again".

by Anonymousreply 2903/31/2012

Why do people assume that when a celebrity sells a house it's because they need the money?? Maybe they just want to move FFS.

by Anonymousreply 3003/31/2012

I think Rosie said her brother looks after her money.

I think her fiance Michelle doesn't want to live in a house she shared with Kelly.

She'll probably stick closer to NYC.

I'm sure Rosie has plenty of money and it has nothing to do with her OWN cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 3103/31/2012

[quote]Why do people assume that when a celebrity sells a house it's because they need the money?? Maybe they just want to move FFS

Because she's put two homes up for sale within the past month right after she found out her show was getting axed.

That's why.

by Anonymousreply 3203/31/2012

well the Chicago house had to be sold since she has no use for it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3303/31/2012

R33 So why sell her beloved Miami home right now all of the sudden after having it for 15 years? She's unemployed, so it's not like she doesn't have time to use it. And that excuse she gave about the kids not wanting to go there was not believeable considering two of her kids are away at boarding schools anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3403/31/2012

Of course she had to sell the one in Chicago she's not working there anymore. Rosie isn't buying islands or A380s, there's no way in hell she needs money. She's filthy rich.

by Anonymousreply 3503/31/2012

Exactly, she was supposed to live in Chicago for at least two years. Now why own a home you will probably never return to, and as stated before the kids are growing up and want to spend vacations with their friends, as most kids do. That Star mansion cost big bucks to run so why spend it. And Rosie never bragged about an amount of her fortune because she doesn't know, her brother is in charge and has invested well.

by Anonymousreply 3603/31/2012

Rosie always buys and sells houses. She's had tons in NY. She tires of them, changes her mind etc. She's nuts you know....(but not poor)

by Anonymousreply 3703/31/2012

She has a new partner...the partner may not like it. Or Rosie wants a freash start.

by Anonymousreply 3803/31/2012

R39 Does she talk to the gay one?

by Anonymousreply 4003/31/2012

She doesn't talk to the sister anymore because she was pissed she wrote the book about her childhood. Sis thought she didn't have the right to tell the family's story especially since the Dad is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 4103/31/2012

No she's mad at her. She told Rosie her new girlfriend was just after her money. I heard she advised Rosie to be more confrontational and argumentative when on television shows. Looks like that plan backfired.

by Anonymousreply 4203/31/2012

Maybe Kelli's involved somehow.

How much did Ro pay her when they broke up? Perhaps she's selling the Miami house to finance that?

by Anonymousreply 4303/31/2012

would you marry Rosie?

by Anonymousreply 4503/31/2012

r43 No, she's selling it because she has no use for it.

by Anonymousreply 4603/31/2012

How incredibly homophobic of you, r44. Do drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 4703/31/2012

[quote]well the Chicago house had to be sold since she has no use for it anymore.

Goddamn you! FACTS mean nothing here at DL! You must hate her and call her FAT!!!

by Anonymousreply 4803/31/2012

[quote]I bet her house stinks. It probably smells like sweat socks and old dykes.

Honey, betcha it doesn't stink, Barbra Streisand slept in Rosie's bed when she was on tour in Florida. Has your childhood idol slept in your bed? I'll assume no, as long as your childhood idol wasn't the rentboy on the corner.

by Anonymousreply 4903/31/2012

I feel bad for her - I hope she has at least college money for her kids.

by Anonymousreply 5003/31/2012

I am so tired of the archaic term mansion.

by Anonymousreply 5103/31/2012

I can feel for Rosie leaving her home. Twenty five years ago I bought a nice place near where Rosie is. For years, me and my friends enjoyed the hell out of it. Then 5 years ago, I realized going down there had become a chore (I'm older now) so I put it on the market on a Monday, and sold it 2 days later at a nice profit.

Things that please you run their course occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 5303/31/2012

Oh, one other thing. Just for shits and giggles I looked up my old home. It's on the market right now for $5K more than I originally paid for it!

by Anonymousreply 5403/31/2012

Can her adopted kids be taken away from her now that it seems that she has lost all her money? I really do feel sorry for her, all that success and now poof! she is destitute.

by Anonymousreply 5504/01/2012

it's funny to read some of you think rosie is short on money.

rosie was lucky kelli never asked for a penny when they broke up because she has her own millions as she inherited from her oil tycoon grandfather.

it's sad but says a lot when the older kids left home early and now the younger ones spend more time with kelli and her new fiancé, anne steele.

rosie is focused on making a permanent relationship last and michelle has been doing ivf since they got engaged. by the way rosie gushes over michelle she will do anything to make her happy in order to stay with her.

selling the house in miami has more to do with letting go of the past. rosie will probably buy another house there again with michelle to create new memories with their soon to be young family.

by Anonymousreply 5604/01/2012

Does she still own that apartment in the NY theatre district?

by Anonymousreply 5704/01/2012

Rosie O'Donnell is far from broke. She is incredibly shrewd with hr money. I have no idea why she is selling the house in FL, but it's not to raise cash.

by Anonymousreply 5804/01/2012

If she's so incredibly shrewd with her money, why did she sink over 10 million into "Taboo" only to lose it all?

by Anonymousreply 5904/01/2012

because 10 mil isn't that big a deal to her.

by Anonymousreply 6004/01/2012

Then she's even stupider than anyone suspects. She'd better hang on to the Miami mansion, Chicaco condo and OWN money because her chances of landing another high paying gig are nonexistent.

by Anonymousreply 6104/01/2012

She doesn't need to. She probably ears about 15 mil. a year doing nothing

by Anonymousreply 6204/01/2012

[quote]She doesn't need to. She probably ears about 15 mil. a year doing nothing

No way. It's not like she was on a sitcom that's in reruns and getting residuals from them. She did a couple forgettable movies, so it's not like she's raking in money from those.

So where do you come up with that $15 million for doing nothing nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 6304/01/2012

Syndacated talk show(which she owned) in the 90s for six years or so=MEGA MONEY

by Anonymousreply 6404/01/2012

Rosie' biggest problem is not her homes, but her head over heels I'm in love with Michelle overboard thing.

IVF so soon? They haven't even been together a year.

Typical U-Hauling Lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 6504/01/2012

With what happened with her last relationship you'd think Rosie would learn not to rush into anything. At least this one doesn't have any kids.

by Anonymousreply 6804/01/2012

I think R53 is correct.

Yes, Rosie loved the Star Island place and it was her haven for many years. But now it's full of memories of Kelli and a part of her life that will never come again.

Mine was on a much smaller scale, but I've been in that place regarding a beloved second home. I had a house in a beautiful spot I loved near a small-town artists' colony where I felt my soul was at peace, and when I was there, I never wanted to leave.

And then one day, like 53 said, I realized it was a chore to go there and to maintain it and I didn't love being there the way I had before. My life had changed, and it was the memory of what it used to be that I loved, but I had moved on emotionally and I was ready to let it go.

by Anonymousreply 6904/01/2012

Real Estalker has pictures:

by Anonymousreply 7004/01/2012

If she has 100 million, which is her net worth according to most sources, and she is making 5% on that, that's what - $500,000 a year if it's compounded monthly? Hardly chump change, but certainly not 15 million.

I don't know if she gets anything from being on The View, or her TV shows, but I think she is still on satellite radio and she certainly has her hands on other projects.

But 15 million a year is a stretch, and she certainly doesn't get it by "doing nothing".

by Anonymousreply 7104/01/2012

You know things are bad when all of the wealthy start selling their properties. There have been dozens over the past month and a half.

by Anonymousreply 7204/01/2012

[quote]her chances of landing another high paying gig are nonexistent.

Ahhh Honey, thankfully you're no agent. No one of importance in the business, puts blame on Rosie in any way for the failure, in fact her respect quotient went up because she chose to go with a fledgigly network than the standard network route and clearly took a pay cut for it. The debacle OWN has become rests squarely on Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 7304/01/2012

Wow R70, was that blogger bitchy or what?

I kinda liked it. I hate when people pretentiously overdecorate.

by Anonymousreply 7404/01/2012

[quote]Years ago she said when she was young she didn't understand that the amount of money in your checking account one day might not include any deductions for recent checks written. She thought what she saw was what she could spend.

In other words, she admitted she was mentally retarded at a younger age. So unless they've developed some hidden cure for mental retardation, she's still a halfwit and just covers it up better.

by Anonymousreply 7504/01/2012

Will she put her crafting supplies on Ebay?

by Anonymousreply 7604/01/2012

Chicken Little at R72: Just. Stop.

The rich are making more money than ever. The stock market is over 13K. Things WERE bad, and now they're getting better, and waaayyy better for the wealthy, thanks to things put in place by the previous - and current - administration.

So give it a rest. To be honest, most of us aren't getting rich, but we're not doing badly either. Crawl out of your basement, apply yourself, and do something about your situation instead of sitting there whimpering.

by Anonymousreply 7704/01/2012

Rosie R73 dear, it's time for your medication and bath. Then you can pretend Richard Lovett is still returning your calls.

by Anonymousreply 7804/01/2012

Is there any major celebrity that lives in a normal-sized house or apartment?

by Anonymousreply 7904/01/2012

You have no idea what you are talking about, R77. There was a story in my paper today about housing crisis for the poor. Record levels. I live in a blue state, dick.

by Anonymousreply 8004/01/2012

Wow, can't believe I can post.

This primetime is ruining the site. It just drives people away.

by Anonymousreply 8104/01/2012

r80, r77 is talking about the RICH...not the poor. Reading comprehension is your friend :)

by Anonymousreply 8204/01/2012

Sorry, but I have to concur with R65. I'm vicariously embarrassed by how she's gone so gaga for Michelle. It reminds me of how I felt when Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes first PDA'ed in the public eye. (Which makes me wonder if this one is a sham too.)

Rosie shared a cringe-worthy story about their relationship on one of her last episodes. She talked about how she got into a tiff with Michelle because Michelle wouldn't store Rosie's water bottle for her in her Louis Vuitton purse. The gist of the story was that Rosie didn't get the big deal because she never uses purses herself. Other people had to explain to Rosie that Michelle didn't want to put the water bottle in her bag because she didn't want to risk ruining a brand new luxury item. And then Rosie said something to the effect of, "Well, I know it was a new Louis Vuitton purse because I *bought* it for her."

When Rosie first introduced Michelle to the public, she went out of her way to explain that Michelle was an IT recruiter who made a shit-ton of money annually. She did the same thing when Kelli came onto the scene, assuring anyone who would listen that Kelli "had her own money." It's basically her attempt to dismiss the possibility that these women are only after her wealth. But I just found it so tacky when Rosie explicitly declared that Michelle's Louis Vuitton purse was a gift from her. It's like she's playing the part of a boorish husband now, complaining about how much it costs to pamper his "wifey" with frivolous things. He doesn't get the appeal of this stuff, but hey, it keeps her happy.

I still have some respect for Rosie, but I find think it's so over the top about how she's carrying on with this latest relationship. How can she not see that she's rushing into things? Especially after the last debacle when she had that foster mom/artist uproot herself from Texas and relocate to her compound in Nyack, NY. And FYI -- these 2 relationships are only a few months apart. Rosie was still with Tracey last April. I think her union with Michelle would have a lot more credibility if she "proceeded with caution" and was less boastful about it.

by Anonymousreply 8304/01/2012

She's spending a fortune on her upcoming wedding, or rather, Michelle is. Rosie said on her show that they've hired Preston Bailey to do the flowers and Sylvia Weinstock is designing the cake. This wedding has Michelle's greedy hands all over it.

by Anonymousreply 8404/01/2012

I think people over 35 shouldn't have a wedding ceremony unless they were never married before. Its tacky and unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 8504/01/2012

I like Rosie but the idea of her having a fabulous wedding with another rich woman, with all of their baggage, seems narcissistic. Blah!

A little humility would go a long way for these two.

by Anonymousreply 8604/01/2012

[quote]Rosie [R73] dear, it's time for your medication and bath. Then you can pretend Richard Lovett is still returning your calls.

Oh silly reply73, perhaps you should head your own advice since you think you are talking to celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 8704/01/2012

I'm a Rosie fan but the quickie marriage will end badly.

She was just as excited a couple years ago when she moved her new gf and all of her kids in...and that didn't last.

She's destined for a broken heart

by Anonymousreply 8804/01/2012

If one is over forty and still needs so much attention, as in an indulgent, "romantic" wedding, then one needs to get on medication.

Really, being 45 years and up means it just ain't about you anymore. It's one of the unspoken realities of getting older. It's nature, and nature wants the young to reproduce and prosper. That's why older folks--Rosie, Michelle, me, you--are to be supportive of younger, fitter people. That;s why it's not about us anymore.

It's the cycle of life.

by Anonymousreply 8904/01/2012

I'm glad she's out of Chicago and back in the New York area. She does so much good with her Rosie's Kids program so it's good to have her close by to be sure it's all going well for those talanted youngsters.

by Anonymousreply 9004/01/2012

R65 here. Rosie's gonna get burned. Then she's gonna feel foolish about all the bragging and give The Donald more to criticize her about.

by Anonymousreply 9104/01/2012

It's an awful interior on that home. It doesn't look like a place where she would want to live. The shark is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 9304/02/2012

It's also a house where kids live, not a showplace. It's a home.

by Anonymousreply 9404/02/2012

It doesn't look like a comfortable family home. It looks more like it had to be sanitized after a bunch of kids wrecked it.

by Anonymousreply 9504/02/2012

[quote] I think Rosie said her brother looks after her money.

She talked about this on her radio show once. She also expressed how clueless she was about her money. A financially doomed combination.

by Anonymousreply 9606/19/2012

Michelle Rounds must have something really spectacular between her legs.

Or Rosie is just a horny idiot.

by Anonymousreply 9706/20/2012

Is she buying a house elsewhere?

She seems smitten with her new gf.

by Anonymousreply 9806/20/2012

I agree r89. I think this is her straight gfs idea. And the woman is a heterosexual gold digger who will humiliate fatso down the road. I can't stand Rosie so I don't care that this woman is clearly playing her.

by Anonymousreply 9906/20/2012

She has her phone wrapped in photos of her and the gf. She is besotted. This will not end well.

(If she wants a romantic, big wedding though - what's the problem with that? It's doing no one any harm apart from her wallet).

by Anonymousreply 10006/20/2012

R100 Besotted, like a foolish teen.

by Anonymousreply 10106/20/2012

Has her Miami house sold yet? When is the wedding?

by Anonymousreply 10406/20/2012

When is the wedding? Rosie has a little notice on her website about donations in lieu of gifts, but no details.

by Anonymousreply 10606/22/2012

Rosie speaks for herself regarding wedding gifts. For those who prefer to send a traditional gift, we are now registered at Hermes.

by Anonymousreply 10706/22/2012

Remember when Rosie gave Eilsabeth as a gift the "opportunity" to stay at her mansion? Then Elisabeth and her had it out and Rosie the fat got called out flat.

What a jerk Rosie is.

by Anonymousreply 10806/22/2012

Rosie never lived in the Chicago mansion BTW, she was going to but then the show went LIVE, which meant she didn't have to be in Chicago as long. I'm suprised she's selling Miami, and BTW, it's decorated hideously.

by Anonymousreply 10906/22/2012

I'm surprised she's selling Miami too. Perhaps there is too much history there. No one like to move in to a house that your new partner has shared with their ex's. Perhaps she's using the money to snag a new place in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 11006/22/2012

Michelle donning a sizeable rock on her finger.

by Anonymousreply 11106/22/2012

[quote]Michele is definitely a lesbian

Yeah, as in "lesbian"

by Anonymousreply 11206/22/2012

New Mommy is okay, but she doesn't like to play with me much, or ever. I'm tired of reminding her what my name is, though.

I asked Mommy if I could go visit Last Mommy and my not-brothers and sisters in Texas, but she just stared at me. Guess it's just going to be me and Real Mommy and Step-Real Mommy for the rest of the summer.

by Anonymousreply 11306/22/2012

Why is Ro so gaga for this woman? She's got 'gold digger' tattooed on her forehead and isn't even that hot.

by Anonymousreply 11406/22/2012

Kelli is happy with someone young and cute and Rosie needs the uplift. Rosie is not only physically unattractive, she's crazy. 2 for 2.

by Anonymousreply 11506/22/2012

Michele is spending a fortune on the wedding. She's hired Sylvia Weinstock to do the wedding cake and Preston Bailey to do the flowers. Both of them did the same for Melissa Rivers $2 million wedding that quickly ended in divorce.

by Anonymousreply 11606/22/2012

She's had such a run of bad luck. I kinda like her but don't think she's ever had the perfect veichle.

by Anonymousreply 11706/22/2012

[[108]]Did she really do that?

by Anonymousreply 11806/22/2012

When is the wedding? If they've ordered a cake I assume it's not a million miles away. I wonder if Michelle will sign a pre-nup...

by Anonymousreply 11906/24/2012

Rosie's gonna get burned.

by Anonymousreply 12006/24/2012

Movies--Well she was in 'em

Broadway-Why did she try

TV, Commercials easy as pie

(Give me that damn pie)

Now she's the fatest around

So she finally sits down

Like her fat ass needs to sit

[Next she says something witty

Cause she aint too pretty]

Who needs Rosie O'Fatso's shit

by Anonymousreply 12106/24/2012

Rosie is so fat when her phone rings people think she's backing up

Rosie is so fat when she looks at the menu she says "Yeah that."

Rosie eats wheat thicks.

Why can't Rosie swim? 'Cause when she goes in the water, Green Peace keeps towing her back into the ocean.

Rosie planted Cheerios because she was hoping to grow donuts in her garden

Rosie's favorite show is the Dyke Van Dick show

Tampons now have strings so Rosie can floss after eating.

Why doesn't Rosie wear shorts? She needs to hide the no pest strips.

What do blind people say when the pass Fulton's Fish Market, while riding the bus? Good Morning Miss O'Donnell

by Anonymousreply 12206/24/2012

I guess she's not broke after all:

Rosie O’Donnell buys $8 million New York love nest

New York native Rosie O'Donnell is coming home ... to a brand-new love nest.

The 50-year-old comedian and talk show host just picked up a 3,000-square-foot duplex in Manhattan's Greenwich Village for a cool $8 million that she'll be moving into with her fiancee of seven months, Michelle Rounds.

by Anonymousreply 12307/19/2012

Rosie just tweeted this:

[quote]some STAR magazine "reporter" is hanging around Nyack - hair place - breakfast place - calling micelles parents - generally being annoying

[quote]so get ready for some major bullshit - coming ur way - via the rags ... #FAMEISTHEIMPENDINGGLITTERINGDISASTER

by Anonymousreply 12408/01/2012

Nineteen million? What's that in Rosie currency?

Anyone know the current Ring Ding to dollar ratio?

by Anonymousreply 12508/01/2012

[quote]Rosie is a spend thrift. I can't see Rosie going through her millions. She shops at Target. She buys cheap stuff.

Spendthrift is one word, not two and it means someone who spends money in an extravagent, irresponsible way. Not someone who is cheap or frugal.

by Anonymousreply 12602/11/2013

"If she has 100 million, which is her net worth according to most sources, and she is making 5% on that, that's what - $500,000 a year if it's compounded monthly?"

Are you sure you did the math correctly?

by Anonymousreply 12702/11/2013

I just saw the baby girl they adopted together, so adorable.

by Anonymousreply 12803/26/2013

Your Mama Hears...

...from a well-connected informant we'll call Charlene Chatterbox that on-again/off-again chat show hostess Rosie O'Donnell has sold her waterfront mansion on Miami Beach's Star Island for $12,675,000 million to an unknown buyer.*

Property records Your Mama peeped reveal the comedienne and actress (Web Therapy, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Drop Dead Diva) bought the acre-plus property in March 1999 for $6,750,000. Your Mama (dissed and) discussed the deluxe domicile when Miz O'Donnell first put the posh pad on the (open) market in March 2012 with a $19,500,000 price tag. In March 2013 the price was cut to $17,500,000.

Listing details show the two-story mansion was originally built in 1923 and current listing information shows there are a total of 12 bedrooms and 11.5 bathrooms between the 11,104 square foot main house and two separate and private guest houses.

Listing photographs show a full grown adult-sized, taxidermy hammerhead shark hung ominously on the wall above the staircase in the double height foyer. There are also formal living and dining rooms, a den/library/office, media room, and a well-equipped, two-island kitchen that's open to a family room and informal dining area with a huge built-in fish tank. The second floor bedrooms include what listing details describe as a "vast master suite" with sitting room, fireplace, private office, and direct access to a large terrace that overlooks the water.

At the front there's a massive red brick motor court shaded by a massive mangrove tree at its center. At least we think it's a mangrove. Anyways, at the back of the house there's extensive tropical landscaping, a swimming pool, and 203 feet of water frontage with private boat dock.

Other high profile residents/home owners on Star Island include seven-time Grammy winning singer Gloria Estafan, Puff Diddle—or Diddle Fiddle or whatever Sean Combs calls himself nowadays, and hunky Russian billionaire Vladislav Doronin who bought his nearly 20,000 square foot Star Island mansion from retired professional basketballer Shaquille O'Neal for $16 million in 2009. Mister Doronin—so the scuttlebutt goes—recently traded famously volatile 43-year old supermodel Naomi Campbell in for a much younger, 25-year old up-and-coming model who—as it turns out—was mentored by Miz Campbell on the first season of the model search reality show The Face. Oh what a tangled romantic web he weaves. But that's really another story for another time and place.

In May 2011, Real Housewives of Miami's Lea Black, married to illustrious Miami-based criminal defense attorney Roy Black, paid $7,107,500—in cash—for a 9 bedroom and 9 bathroom Star Island fixer upper. Last fall (2012), in confusing bankruptcy and foreclosure situation, prominent plastic surgeon Lenny Hochstein and his lavishly plastified wife, Lisa—also a Real Housewives of Miami cast member—acquired a storied Star Island house that's immediately next door to Miz O'Donnell's. The Hochsteins say the mansion has a multitude of crippling issues includes a faulty foundation and would like to tear down and replace the existing house but they face a whole lot of opposition by preservation minded folks who would prefer they restore the existing house rather than tear it down. If we were the betting type—and we're not—we'd put all our dinero on the Hochsteins being granted permission to knock the beotch down. But that too is really another story for another time and place.

Miz O'Donnell's property portfolio includes a 1,391 square foot condo in Midtown Manhattan's Hells Kitchen area that she bought in October 2008 for $2,005,000 and a multi-acre Hudson River-front compound in Nyack, NY that has at least five separate residences and cost her a total of $8,605,000, according to property records and other online resources.

by Anonymousreply 12906/11/2013

r53 says "things that please you run their course..." YUP, like an old lover of mine...WHAT was I thinking???!!! Ditched him on a Monday and found another by Wednesday! ROTFLMAO

by Anonymousreply 13006/11/2013

Doesn't Rose love Miami? Is she buying a new place there?

by Anonymousreply 13106/11/2013

The sale of her Miami mansion is directly related to her new wife. Most likely her wife did not want to spend time in the house that she and Kelli shared.

by Anonymousreply 13206/11/2013

Leah writes: June 6, 2013 4:18 pm

You were so in love with your home in Miami. Did you sell it for financial reasons ?

no i sold it because we didn't use it that much and it was way big for r needs - and i love it still

by Anonymousreply 13306/11/2013

She's selling one of her NYC condos now.

by Anonymousreply 13407/30/2013

Well at least one of Rosie's NYC condos is now sold.

by Anonymousreply 13512/10/2014

and in a similar move, she's now selling her Nokomis, Florida home!

Take a look at all 20 pages of her crib:

by Anonymousreply 13602/21/2015

She has to have good investments, right? Who makes millions of dollars and don't invest?

by Anonymousreply 13702/21/2015

by Anonymousreply 13802/21/2015

What's with these rich lesbians who constantly buy and sell homes all the time? I don't know who's moved more between her and Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 13902/21/2015

r131, it's all about capitalizing on the celebrityLLC. How many lesbians would love to have a bedroom, that they can bring other lesbian to, and say this is a room where Ellen munched Portia's rug? "We haven't repainted and if you sniff the walls you get a faint whiff of Ellen."

by Anonymousreply 14002/21/2015

Spoiler: i heard she sold the mansion for 48 mil after a bidding war was invoked between two billionaires. she ishappy

by Anonymousreply 14102/21/2015

she buys and sells properties faster than she starts and fired from jobs it seems

by Anonymousreply 14202/21/2015

How many homes has she bought and sold in the last 10 years?

by Anonymousreply 14302/22/2015

With her business savvy and money why does she care about being on t.v., having revolving door wives, getting into public spats, why not just retire and enjoy her life?

There is so much to do with her money, no need to be on t.v., or make films, or have public issues.

Honestly, it's like she's bored and has to have drama and conflict AND a lot of attention.

Just do other things, Rosie.

by Anonymousreply 14402/22/2015

I'd love it if Rosie just used her money and celebrity to push forward good causes she supports.

Watching her fail at job after job is not fun. Her only great fit was her daytime talk show in the late 90s.

by Anonymousreply 14502/23/2015

[quote]With her business savvy

What business savvy is that R144?

by Anonymousreply 14602/23/2015

Rosie's a drama dyke and an attention whore. Yes, she does a lot of charity work but she loves the attention it brings her - she could not/ would not do it in a vacuum. She needs that spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 14702/23/2015

She said shes leaving Sarasota cuz the kids miss Miami

by Anonymousreply 14802/23/2015

Unfortunately they had to widen all the doorways so she could fit her big ass through.

by Anonymousreply 14902/23/2015

where in Florida is the biggest lesbian community/population? Is Rosie the type to buy houses in gay areas?

by Anonymousreply 15002/23/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!