Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kathy Griffin's new talk show

by Anonymousreply 1502/03/2013

What is the format for this show?

by Anonymousreply 103/28/2012

Didn't she have an MTV talk show about a decade or so ago? I think it was called "Kathy's So Called Reality" and she spent a lot of time talking about reality TV and pop culture. And it was a big flop.

by Anonymousreply 203/28/2012

I never could stand this woman, even when she was the gay Jesus a few years ago. My partner adores her my I absolutely hate the site of her. I think it was all that "my gay my gays!" bullshit she used to go on about.

Can't she just stay away for a while, maybe tune herself up or reinvent herself and then come back? She's like an irritating house fly that refuses to fly out the window.

by Anonymousreply 303/28/2012

r3 = Ryan Seacrest

by Anonymousreply 403/28/2012

Why does she hate Clay Aiken?

by Anonymousreply 503/28/2012

Why does she talk so much? How can she be the host of a talk show when she never lets anyone else get a word in edgewise?

by Anonymousreply 603/28/2012

Butterfaced bitch is NOT funny. AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 703/28/2012

R3 & R4 I don't think she's funny at all either. She's annoying more than anything. And the whole "my gays" shit is basically saying "my sheep".

by Anonymousreply 803/28/2012

"... I absolutely hate the site of her."

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 903/28/2012

Yes, she did, R2. Most people have no memory of anything that happened over 2 years ago, apparently. Everyone is saying how Kathy's new talk show will be "new" and "fresh" but it seems like it will be a repeat of what she did on MTV.

Kathy was funny when she ripped on A-listers. Snarky commentary on reality "stars" is a dime a dozen these days, and it just doesn't hold my interest. But, apparently most people eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 1003/28/2012

I think she is funny as hell. Then again: I don't pay to post *SHIT* to this website.

I also think Madonna is well past her prime.

Andy Cohen: has set our ppl back 20 years. FOAD.

Clay Aiken is a joke.

bla bla bla.

by Anonymousreply 1103/28/2012

I think she's terrific, and I love her standups. I don't like talk show very much though, so I doubt I'll watch.

by Anonymousreply 1203/28/2012

She trying too hard. Needs to let the guests talk! Shes nervous and it makes her not funny. I like her better EDiTEd! (snarky)

by Anonymousreply 1302/03/2013

R13, I agree. She seems like she's always anticipating the next segment and not really paying attention to her guests. She asked Chris Colfer how he stayed so thin. Things got off track and Kathy moved on before he could answer.

She also needs to stop using to her go-to jokes: the gays, her mom and her box of wine, jokes about her vagina.

by Anonymousreply 1402/03/2013

The taped show last season was pretty great. The episode with Jane Fonda, Sharon Osborne and Lisa Ling was really really funny.

This season with it live she seems super nervous and is not able to be herself. The recent episode with Chris Noth and Chelsea Handler was uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 1502/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!