Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does anybody like Shark Tank?

I find myself strangely addicted to this. I like when they show the updates of people becoming millionaires. I have so many inventions that I want to go on there myself. Should Lori from QVC replace Barbara permanently?

by Anonymousreply 7212/30/2014

Barbara surprisingly doesn't say much or invest in many contestants lately. What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2012

I think it's because she knows they are grooming Lori to replace her.

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2012

I find it interesting. I like it when the panel breaks it down to the contestants why they won't be investing.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2012

Great show, yes its interesting and addictive!

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2012

Anyone catch the hot blond surfer they made a millionaire tonight? He wore flip flops to a business meeting.

by Anonymousreply 509/24/2012

The Platetopper doctor was such a greedy idiot. Why would you change your evaluation in the middle? He had million dollar offers and left with $90,000.

by Anonymousreply 604/25/2013

Oh I thought the heading said Stark Sands! Yes, I do, although he's kinda bland.

by Anonymousreply 704/25/2013

Capitalist propaganda!

by Anonymousreply 804/25/2013

Terrible show, reveals how ignorant the money men really are, and how stupid and uninformed their intuitive snap decisions are.

by Anonymousreply 904/25/2013

His participation in the show should have cut the share prices of every company Mark Cuban is involved with by about 50%.

by Anonymousreply 1004/25/2013

My boyfriend and I watch it a lot, but have slacked off the last few weeks.

I find myself increasingly irritated by Damon John, who is the founder of "FuBu". All the guy does, like, almost ALL he does, is sit there in an over the top suit, rub his chin and brood for the camera. I can't remember the last time I saw the guy invest in anyone or take the lead.

He's a complete smart ass. On one recent episode, some wide-eyed young man was pushing his business, I forget what it was, but two other 'Sharks' were interested. John sat there sniping at the guy for some unknown reason. My boyfriend kept saying "Damn, what's his deal with this one guy?". It was weird. Then when the guy answered one of his questions, John said, no, I think you're a liar, I'm out"..

We just looked at each other and said WTF?!!? The guy seemed kind and legitimate, not cocky or entitled like many of the people are. There apparently was some issue Mr. FuBu had with the man and he called him a liar on national television without any known or implied reason to the audience.

I'll watch again loyally when they get rid of that bitch but until then, I've become a fare weather viewer.

There are SO MANY successful, legitimate African American entrepreneurs out there. No idea why they picked this poseur asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1104/25/2013

The music editing on that show is over-the-top RIDICULOUS. It makes me fucking laugh. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN.

by Anonymousreply 1204/25/2013

The Gobie water bottle guy was such an arrogant douchebag. People would probably boycott his bottle just for his horrible behavior.

"You're going to regret this!! You're all going to regret this!!!"

by Anonymousreply 1304/26/2013

I like it. I like to see what crazy ideas people come up with and how some ideas are so simple and creatively genius I can't believe o one thought of them before. I like when they analyze the validity of a concept as a future.

I like Lori the best. I like Mark because his mind works so fast and his attention span is so short that it's fun to see when he gets impatient with the chit chat.

Don't like Barbara at all. Her scope is very limited.

Robert is too soft hearted and not a "shark" thus often loses out on good deals.

I like Damien and I always understand his reasoning. When he called the guy a liar he had factual evidence.

Don't like Mr. Wonderful at all. I get that he built this persona for the show, but it's just a silly and contrived persona. I would rather they act like themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1504/26/2013

What's up with Barbara and Lori never being in the same room together. Can they only have one female shark at a time? Are they trying to push Barbara out? Why would she agree to sometimes being replaced with Lori? If people get used to Lori, then Barbara's out.

by Anonymousreply 1604/27/2013

[quote]The Gobie water bottle guy was such an arrogant douchebag.

This is Gobie water bottle's headquarters...all 766 square feet of it:

by Anonymousreply 1704/27/2013

I find Mark Cuban and the bald white guy very hot so, yes, I tune in every so oiften.

by Anonymousreply 1804/27/2013

*bump* Is anyone watching the new season?

by Anonymousreply 1910/18/2013

I watch this show every now and then. I love the fact that one of the sharks looks like a long lost Annie Lennox' twin sister.

by Anonymousreply 2010/19/2013

I like the show. The banter between the judges is weirdly cute and they all seem like nice, well-meaning people. It's refreshing to see a show about judging people's ideas where the people presenting the ideas aren't regularly and needlessly ripped to shreds (except that shrill shithead with the cancer bracelets, but she totally deserved it).

by Anonymousreply 2110/20/2013

I watch it from time to time, but it's not a show I must see every week.

by Anonymousreply 2210/20/2013

It's one of the few current shows I miss since my tv went out. Robert is kinda cute. Lovely eyes.

by Anonymousreply 2310/20/2013

I'm watching the marathon now. As a businessperson, I am agog at the brazen greediness of some of these entrepreneurs.

To answer old questions upthread, Lori Greiner was set to be a panelist from the beginning, but her mother died and she bowed out. Barbara of the Corcoran Group fills in.

Also, the presentations are much longer than what is shown.

My favorite disaster sp far is the guy who has Steve Wozniak on his advisory board. His patent is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 2411/28/2014

I like to throw people in them.

by Anonymousreply 2511/28/2014

Where is this marathon, r24?

by Anonymousreply 2611/28/2014

CNBC (answered my own question by using locatetv.com).

Wish I'd known earlier!

by Anonymousreply 2711/28/2014

I couldn't watch before (witnessing the disastrous financial decisions of so many entrepreneurs was heartbreaking), but now I can face it.

R24

by Anonymousreply 2811/28/2014

Lori has been on QVC the past several weeks selling her jewelry chests. She needs help dressing better.

by Anonymousreply 2911/28/2014

I don't shop QVC, but I keep it on as background to keep abreast of what is selling.

I notice that shorter QVC hosts have trouble dressing themselves. They look... stout. Lori is petite and so I Lisa R. I seldom like their clothing choices.

by Anonymousreply 3011/28/2014

I watch it sometimes but I don't usually like the ideas. some of them are just shit.

by Anonymousreply 3111/28/2014

More addicted to The Profit.

by Anonymousreply 3211/28/2014

[quote]Lori has been on QVC the past several weeks selling her jewelry chests. She needs help dressing better.

She also needs to quit messing with her face.

by Anonymousreply 3311/28/2014

I'm liking this show airing right now on PBS called Start Up. It profiles successful businesses.

R24

by Anonymousreply 3411/28/2014

I think it's a great show, I like it a lot.

by Anonymousreply 3511/28/2014

I'm embarrassed to admit I have a crush on Mark Cuban. He looks good for someone 55+.

by Anonymousreply 3611/28/2014

I'm going to check that out r32. The preview ads make it look like a yell-y soap opera, but I'll give it a chance.

R24

by Anonymousreply 3711/28/2014

It's the billionaire haircut r36.

by Anonymousreply 3811/28/2014

lori's stylist must hate her. Thank god she got rid of the horrid, dated ponytail and old lady pageant dresses. I prefer Barbara.

Robert screams rich and out of touch with the normal human population. O'Leary, I enjoy. Daymond has gotten better over the years. He invests a lot more now. I like him. Mark is a douche.

I need to check my DVR so I can remember which companies were the most useless in the past few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 3911/28/2014

I see r17's bitchy point, but leased offices are more about the businessperson's ego nowadays than utility. A tiny (or no) office announces "savvy", not "simpleton".

Today overhead, offices and personnel are usually not needed until late in the stages of major success. Even bakery kitchens aren't "offices". Much of the time, leased / rented offices are superfluous.

by Anonymousreply 4011/28/2014

They need a gay entrepreneur as one of the sharks.

by Anonymousreply 4111/29/2014

He's such a tool but I'd like to lick Cuban's feet.

Love The Profit, too.

by Anonymousreply 4211/29/2014

Does Mark ever invest in any of the companies on the show?

by Anonymousreply 4311/29/2014

Lori has managed to get several of the products on QVC, and the inventors literally became millionaires. It certainly paid off for Lori, too.

by Anonymousreply 4411/29/2014

Yes, r43.

by Anonymousreply 4511/29/2014

Isn't Annie Lennox a judge on this show?

by Anonymousreply 4611/29/2014

Lori may be the most intelligent overall of that bunch. I read her book and she comes across quite well.

I binge watch the shows. I always agree with Mark Cuban's comments. He may come across as an asshole, but he is correct. Like Cuban, I dislike frivolous patents (utility patents on obvious technology. One main criteria for a patent is that it must be "non obvious", but some slip by).

I knew that guy with the clothing patent and Steve Wozniak on his board was an orange alert asshole, and Cuban was the first to comment as such. It must be nice to have billions of dollars in the bank, and say how you really feel.

That guy ended up insulting each panelist and throwing a tantrum. He is a lawyer. Mark Cuban has good instincts and that is why he is a billionaire.

I get to work with someone who works with Lori Greiner. The buyers for places like QVC and department stores (it's way too hard to get on Target shelves in a product's early stages) are excellent at their jobs and yes, they can make you millions of dollars and priceless connections. Nice people too.

by Anonymousreply 4711/29/2014

R41, Daymond is gay.

by Anonymousreply 4811/29/2014

The profit is too fake for me to watch.

by Anonymousreply 4911/29/2014

I would so like to go ten rounds in bed with Cuban.

by Anonymousreply 5011/29/2014

Why does the one guy call himself Mr. Wonderful and why does everyone else go along with it?

So many of the pitches are so stiff and/or fake-feeling that I had to stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 5111/29/2014

R51, I would not be surprised if the producers padded the show with actors and fake drama and products, or if some segments are mainly to showcase emerging brands and the panelists get a cut of sales.

Shark Tank is still the only "reality" show I can abide because some of it is real, and the financial decisions are true to life. A bank won't give even the brightest of these entrepreneurs a loan.

by Anonymousreply 5211/29/2014

Bump

by Anonymousreply 5312/29/2014

r51, I think it's because the "contestants" are not professional actors, yet they must be professional in their presentation, calm under pressure, armed with their financial info (Mr. W. WILL grill them), and aware of being on camera.

by Anonymousreply 5412/30/2014

I love Barbara. It'd be cool to have drinks with her. I bet she knows some really dirty jokes.

by Anonymousreply 5512/30/2014

[quote], Daymond is gay.

There was a cowboy trying to push his exercise videos who was brazen enough to take off his shirt and show off his pecs. Daymond started blushing and giggling like a schoolgirl.. All the other sharks thought he was loser but Daymond was the only shark who invested in his business. I wasn't really impressed with this cowboy's pitch and I wondered why Daymond even bothered. I had a suspicion that Daymond wanted more than his business.

by Anonymousreply 5612/30/2014

The sharks are all millionaires. I don't think they give a flying fuck who calls them stupid.

by Anonymousreply 5712/30/2014

I know someone who was scouted to be on it. He lives in LA. He showed his lawyer friends the contract and they told him not to do the show. The contract is onerous. The shark investment is actually a loan not equity and it has to be paid back no matter if your business isn't ultimately successful.

Also if you'd product is good there are tons of angel investors that don't have ridiculous demands. And those sharks probably aren't very hands on since they have so many projects going on. I would be on the show off the publicity and tell the sharks to kick rocks.

Venture capital in general should be avoided unless you really really have a capital intensive product or need to ramp up quickly and have no revenue like Facebook or twitter. You basically end up having a boss and the whole point of having you own company is to avoid that. Same goes for board members. So many founders have been fired by their board which is controlled by the VC.

by Anonymousreply 5812/30/2014

Nick Woodsman, the founder of GoPro, is being groomed to replace Damon or Robert.

by Anonymousreply 6012/30/2014

I think Barbara hates that ugly baldie. I prefer the blonde, blue eyed guy, though he's a bit on the old side

by Anonymousreply 6112/30/2014

Awesome show!

by Anonymousreply 6212/30/2014

Cuban has a nice chest.

by Anonymousreply 6312/30/2014

Robert has great blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 6412/30/2014

I love it!!! I watch it every week. Barbara and Laurie are really great competitors. Damond, Robert and Mark are clever and open guys. Can't STAND Kevin O'Leary. A real shithead. Reminds me of Mr. Burns from The Simpsons.

by Anonymousreply 6512/30/2014

It's a great corrective to anyone who thinks rich people are super smart. You couldn't find a bigger idiot on the planet than Mark Cuban.

by Anonymousreply 6612/30/2014

Barbara gave him the nickname in season 1 and it stuck.

by Anonymousreply 6712/30/2014

It seems Cuban and Mr. Wonderful are the only non-replaceable ones. All the others have been asked to step down for a couple of shows.

They ask Barbara to step down when Lori is on.

When they want both Barbara and Lori on, they ask Damond to step down.

When there is a guest Shark, they ask Robert to step down.

by Anonymousreply 6812/30/2014

R56: Very interesting

by Anonymousreply 6912/30/2014

I'm impressed with Mark Cuban. He's quick and very smart.

by Anonymousreply 7012/30/2014

I heard Robert doesn't always stick to the deals he makes.

by Anonymousreply 7112/30/2014

I know Robert's Cinnaholics deal fell through.

by Anonymousreply 7212/30/2014
Need more help? Click Here.