Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Braxton Family Values

I love this show. The season finale just aired and it brought the usual drama and hysterics. Trina debuted her stage act for the entire family and was a success, amidst her own personal marriage drama. Tamar has decided that she wants kids (maybe), but wants to have "popsicle" babies (have the eggs frozen and have a surrogate carry them at a later date). Towanda offered to carry the child for her, but no more than one.

by Anonymousreply 16605/21/2015

I love this show so much. Finally a reality show about a family that has talent! Toni, her sisters and their mother are all GREAT singers. All of them have personalities and it's funny to watch the family dynamics but it's not trashy like Housewives or the other ho shows.

I love them all. I learned on this show that Toni's sisters have done a lot of background singing in some of her biggest hits.

Tamar Braxton sounds great on the chorus of "He Wasn't Man Enough"

I'm not religious but check out on youtube the clips of the sisters doing "The Lord's Prayer" and other songs. Just beautiful voices.

by Anonymousreply 108/24/2012

They also did a great cover of "The Boss" by Diana Ross. It's worth checking out.

by Anonymousreply 208/24/2012

Yes, Tamar has had a lot of surgery on her face. Also, she has done skin lightning. She was almost the same complexion as her sister Towanda. I found an interview of a young Tamar and you wouldn't recognize her - she's completely soft spoken and pre-surgery.

This show is NOT trashy at all and that's why I love it. I love the dynamics between the sisters. I can't explain why some of the sisters have such deadbeat husbands. Vince is the only one who has credibility being part of Lady Gaga's management team. He is making bank. He needs to lose weight pronto, especially after his health scare a few months ago.

The audition was a hoot! Those girls are so funny. They can judge any singing audition since they have the talent to back it up. The chick at the audition who had a Chaka Khan song prepared instead of a Toni song(SMH)...can't script that!!

by Anonymousreply 408/24/2012

I remember when Towanda was on a delicious daytime reality TV show called Starting Over. She was a bitter blubbering crying mess, glad to see she has improved so much!

Also, Trina. Prenup.

by Anonymousreply 508/24/2012

LOL can you elaborate further on Towanda on Starting Over? She seems so together now. Yeah, Tamar is a mess with that skin bleaching...I don't know why she did it.

by Anonymousreply 608/24/2012

Tamar on twitter is hilarious. I love when she sometimes gets into feuds with other celebs lol This year she got into it with K. Michelle from "Love & Hip Hop" and Jill Scott.

by Anonymousreply 708/24/2012

R6, I don't remember a whole lot, the show was back in 2006 I think? You could probable find some clips on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 808/24/2012

All of them really do have great voices and they could all do r&b, pop, dance, gospel or soul. Probably rock too.

Listen to the chorus of "Born This Way". Hear that other voice singing in harmony with Gaga and helping her out a bit? That's Tamar.

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2012

R9 wow! didn't know that. Tamar really makes the chorus sound good there. I mean Gaga sounded good but in combo with Tamar it made for sweet listening for the ears.

by Anonymousreply 1008/24/2012

Funky Dineva said Mother Evelyn Braxton was using her ex-fiance Doc for his Medicaid # so she could actually bill people for giving them counseling lol. Sorry Miss E, but I would not pay for counseling from someone who has 4/5 daughters with rocky relationships.

Andre is a cunt. He read Towanda and Tamar in the ground over the surrogacy thing. Very funny.

by Anonymousreply 1108/24/2012

I LOVE this show, even most of it is scripted. These girls have talent. I would love to see a variety TV show with Trina.

by Anonymousreply 1208/24/2012

I can't stand Andre. Towanda is an idiot for staying with him. He's a pathetic loser.

by Anonymousreply 1308/24/2012

Great show. I only started watching last season, but enjoy Tamar the most. They all can sing also, which is great to see.

by Anonymousreply 1408/24/2012

Toni still thinks she's a star. I think she's jealous of Tamar.

by Anonymousreply 1508/24/2012

of Toni's sisters, I think I enjoy hearing Trina's voice the most. She seems to have a wide range.

by Anonymousreply 1608/24/2012

R15 since when is Toni not a star? Sure, her career is not as hot as it once was, but she's still doing ok. Her most recent song "I Heart You" hit #1 on the dance/club charts. She's 45 or something so still pretty good lol

by Anonymousreply 1708/25/2012

I almost died last season when Evelyn threatened to "slap the piss" outta Tamar for her mouth lmao

by Anonymousreply 1808/25/2012

Tamar's sayings lol "Have several seats". "You better get yo' life!". "Don't try me". Vincent is so patient with her lmao

by Anonymousreply 1908/25/2012

I dont if Toni is just playing it up for the show, but the way she walks around with her nose in the air has turned me off to her. You would think she is selling out arenas around the world! I think she has always been a little grand though.

by Anonymousreply 2008/25/2012

I think that Toni does come off as being snotty but I sorta see her side too. She really helped her family a lot. There's a 10 year difference between Toni and Tamar so there is a generation gap between her and her sisters. Toni is anything but professional, certainly compared to her sisters. She knows her stuff. Toni is the shortest sister and it's obvious she wishes she was taller. Toni has had a lot of hits and awards so I don't see why she would be jealous of Tamar. Maybe she wished she was younger but that can't be changed. Toni's management was seriously lacking with Tamar's husband Vince but her new team is not as powerful as Vince so Toni's career is perpetually stalled and Tamar uses her husband's connections to her advantage, like singing background vocals for Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 2108/25/2012

Trina sings background vocals for this

by Anonymousreply 2208/25/2012

R21, That's pretty obvious that Tamar is in the marriage for the connections she can make in the business. Do you think Tamar and Vince are in love? I can't see she sleeps with him - he's physically unattractive. Though he does seem like a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 2308/25/2012

R23, Toni introduced Tamar to Vince. Vince was Toni's manager before Tamar married Vince, so the connections Vince had most likely Toni had already. Marrying Vince hasn't made Tamar a successful singing artist...yet.

Yes, Tamar is in it for the money. Her marriage is only for money and now she's looking for a surrogate to carry her baby. And she's living the life without a singing career and she's wasting her talent. Makes you wonder what's the point of living for her?

by Anonymousreply 2408/25/2012

I think Li'l To'Jamma is so cute!

by Anonymousreply 2508/25/2012

Do you notice in the credits for the show Toni, Tamar and Vince are listed as producers? What about Trina, Towanda and Traci? Is there any jealousy?

by Anonymousreply 2608/25/2012

Well you also have to keep in mind Toni wasn't used to sharing the spotlight with her sisters. They're all equal members of the cast lol

by Anonymousreply 2708/25/2012

[quote]Do you notice in the credits for the show Toni, Tamar and Vince are listed as producers? What about Trina, Towanda and Traci? Is there any jealousy?

I think Tamar is the brain child of the show, along with Vince's influence, of course. She is the one that got Toni on board; Toni originally didnt want to do it. I bet Toni, being the diva that she is, demanded that producer credit because they knew the show would take off like it did without her star power.

I know everyone thinks Tamar is married to Vince because he is wealthy, but I honestly believe she really loves him because she knows he is faithful to her. Tamar has seen all her brother in-laws treat her sisters like crap, so Vince is a good match for her.

by Anonymousreply 2808/25/2012

Toni is jealous of Tamar's lifestyle. Toni isn't a star anymore. I don't know any of her recent music. Tamar was the only one smart enough to marry a good man.

by Anonymousreply 2908/25/2012

Can someone please explain why Towanda is still living with her dirtbag, no job husband? Why? The kids are not a good excuse...

Trina finally made the right decision to divorce her idiot, stalking husband.

You never see Traci's family - how is she managing that? They live in Maryland, but the show is filmed mainly in Atlanta and L.A..

by Anonymousreply 3008/25/2012

Towanda can't seem to find another man, and doesn't have the money for a babysitter, so that's what her husband does while she tries to work lol

by Anonymousreply 3108/25/2012

Traci is the smart one, leaving her messy home life off the show. She is funny.

r30, r31 said it! He is basically a free babysitter for Towanda. She might as well leave well enough alone and save those dollars.

Trina seems like the reformed ho of the family. She said had that son at something like 17.

by Anonymousreply 3208/25/2012

I can't believe Toni is 46! She looks amazing for her age. Even with the makeup and stuff, a lot of other ladies in Hollywood her age look much older.

Hopefully Trina has better control of her drinking problem now...I'm sure much of it was brought on as a reaction to Gabe's cheating.

Traci cracks me up. She also looks the most like Evelyn.

I love how each sister sounds totally different from the others when speaking and singing. I would have thought that at least some of them would sound similar but nope.

by Anonymousreply 3308/25/2012

Yeah it's hard to believe Toni is that old. She has only been around for about 20 years so I thought she was just under 40 but wow.

by Anonymousreply 3408/25/2012

Towanda needs to stop complaining about Andre. She's all talk and no action.

by Anonymousreply 3508/26/2012

Tamar was only 20 years old in this

by Anonymousreply 3608/26/2012

Toni with the four sisters singing back up

by Anonymousreply 3708/26/2012

R37 thanks for that video! Of course I know the song but never saw it before. Towanda looks the same lol. It's funny seeing Tamar before the plastic surgery. Trina looks really different too. Tradi! She looked so good when she was thin...she actually has the prettiest face of the sisters it's a shame she let herself go.

Toni always looks good.

They really harmonize well together.

by Anonymousreply 3808/26/2012

LOL @ Tamar being the only one without a bob cut wig in that video.

by Anonymousreply 3908/26/2012

Wow r37, Trina is unrecognizable in that video

[quote]I love how each sister sounds totally different from the others when speaking and singing. I would have thought that at least some of them would sound similar but nope.

I think Tamar sounds a lot like Toni, especially when she did this.

by Anonymousreply 4008/26/2012

LOVE this show too. Tamar is beyond hilarious and over the top.

by Anonymousreply 4108/26/2012

Like R33 said, one of the cool thing about the show is how distinctive all 5 Braxton sisters are, not just with singing but as personalities. It's fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 4208/26/2012

What's up with Trina's Canadian accent? She's from Baltimore (as am I), and has been in ATL for years, so why does she speak as though she's from The Great White North (oot, hoose, aboot...)? She also has a bit of Valley Girl inflection in her voice. I love the way she talks, actually. Towanda and Toni have great diction too. Traci still has that Baltimore Bamma, DMV, 'round-the-way girl vernacular and manner of speaking, and Tamar can be proper when she wants to, but for the most part she's just loud and ghetto (which is just the way we want her, LOL).

by Anonymousreply 4308/26/2012

Pick up the phone

by Anonymousreply 4408/26/2012

R44, I LOVE these. They're brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 4508/26/2012

Toni's voice is much deeper. I don't think Tamar and Toni sound that much alike. Maybe Tamar sings with the same style, but they have a different range.

by Anonymousreply 4608/26/2012

R43 I agree that Toni and Towanda have the most pleasant speaking voices. Toni just has that natural diva voice to her, and Towanda sounds elegant. Trina sounds like a white valley girl lmao. Traci kinda mumbles and Tamar's speech sounds quite forced to me and "put on" for the cameras. I find it fascinating none of them sound the same. In most families with that many kids, at least 2 of them are similar in speech.

by Anonymousreply 4708/27/2012

by Anonymousreply 4808/27/2012

Tamar is funny and I love how she can keep a straight face through all her shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 4908/27/2012

I would love it if the 4 other Braxton sisters teamed up and made a dance album. Their cover of "The Boss" was really nice.

by Anonymousreply 5008/27/2012

I think Vincent might be actually quite cute if he lost all that weight...

by Anonymousreply 5108/29/2012

This week's was good too. I really like Trina's single "Party Or Go Home". I hope it does well on the dance charts.

Towanda lol getting set up on a blind date by her mother with her current husband...that guy is such a loser

Tamar and the baby business...

by Anonymousreply 5209/01/2012

Trina is hilarious. The lead guy she picked for her vid is super cute.

Mother Evelyn is so messy for organizing that date with Andre. I guess she wants Towanda to end up like her and Mr. Braxton! Towanda should at least date a little before she decides to settle for Andre again.

I to am wondering why Vince cant lose anymore weight. Maybe it has to do with his other health issues. I know Tamar will not sit around and let him get back to that full blown size after the health scare last year.

by Anonymousreply 5309/01/2012

Trina is my favorite

Entire episode

by Anonymousreply 5409/01/2012

Towanda doesn't want to leave Andre. She just wants to complain.

by Anonymousreply 5509/02/2012

Vincent works hard and I think his release is eating a lot of shitty unhealthy foods...I would love to see him go to the gym and get in shape though-he has a cute face.

I'm a bit annoyed by Trina-she keeps saying she wants to get away from Gabe blah blah but went crawling back to him this week to get money to help pay for her music video shoot. THEN she started acting like a brat "why are you here" blah blah. If I were to help pay, I would want creative input too. I do love the song though and can't wait for the video next week.

The birthday party next week is gonna be a mess lol.

by Anonymousreply 5609/02/2012

I don't think Towanda loves Andre. They're not having sex. She looked pissed when her blind date was Andre.

I think the reason why Andre and Gabe are still around is for the show. The sisters need to do something and if those two were gone Trina and Towanda wouldn't have much to do.

With that said, I have to mention how dreadful Evelyn looked in the last episode. Those wigs are cheap looking. She needs to go back to slightly darker and better wigs.

On the other hand, Towanda looked amazing. She looked the best of all the sisters, including Toni.

by Anonymousreply 5709/02/2012

Towanda may not love Andre, but she doesn't have the balls to leave. She wants him around to watch the kids. It's pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 5809/02/2012

I really want to hear Evelyn sing-apparently she was an amateur opera singer back in the day and taught her kids to sing. I wonder if the brother sings too?

by Anonymousreply 5909/02/2012

The scene with Trina and Towanda looking for clothes in Trina's closet was simply hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 6009/02/2012

It's so funny how the other sisters are about the same height but then there's midget Toni lol.

by Anonymousreply 6109/02/2012

I wonder why Andre and Gabe keep agreeing to appear on this show lol. They have been publicly humiliated several about emasculating.

by Anonymousreply 6209/02/2012

I'm shocked the father has the nerve to appear on the show too, after what he did to Evelyn. I don't know if he just loves the attention or he thinks by appearing he'll do damage control but he is 1 shady bitch.

by Anonymousreply 6309/02/2012

r60 I hollered laughing at that scene. That is why I continue to watch this show.

r57, Evelyn needs to leave those light colored wigs alone, and so does Toni. Some people look better with dark hair. I like Tamar's fro of curls that she is debuting in next week's episode. I also think Towanda is the best looking.

by Anonymousreply 6409/02/2012

Andre doesn't have any dignity. Why does Evelyn want Towanda to stay with him?

by Anonymousreply 6509/02/2012

I think Evelyn is worried about Towanda's kids...

by Anonymousreply 6609/02/2012

Why would Evelyn worry about Towanda's kids? Towanda needs to leave him or shut up.

by Anonymousreply 6709/02/2012

Tamar will probably get pregnant within 2 years...I doubt her solo career will take off. She has a great voice and a big name husband but she's over 30 and it's hard to be successful in the business at that age if you aren't already a star.

by Anonymousreply 6809/03/2012

next episode thursday night :) Excited to see Trina's video! The song is nice.

by Anonymousreply 6909/06/2012

Yesterday's epi

by Anonymousreply 7009/07/2012

I just watched last night's episode. Where did Trina get a body like that? She looked amazing in the red/black body suit she wore in her video. I know she admitted to a boob job, but honey was bringing it!

It was great to see Traci's husband and son. I thought her husband was handome - nice dreads!

Toni looks AMAZING with her short hair! Why does she wear those damn wigs/weaves? I know black females love hair versaliity, but those wigs do nothing for Toni. NO ONE can rock short hair like Toni Braxton (with the exception of Halle Berry).

I just love this family...

by Anonymousreply 7109/08/2012

The designer Reco is interesting. I like some of his stuff. Here's his line of swimsuits for men.

by Anonymousreply 7209/08/2012

r72 = Reco lol

I agree r71, I like short haired Toni much better.

Tamar should try doing voice overs. Her voice is hilarious, it reminds me of Cree Summers.

Traci can sing her ass off!

I am so glad Gabe is cutting off that ratty ponytail. He looks like he has been working out too. Too bad Trina is paying him dust.

by Anonymousreply 7309/08/2012

Gabe is a fool. Vince is the only good husband.

by Anonymousreply 7409/08/2012

I loved hearing Traci imitate Toni's signature singing style lol I hope she loses weight too-she has a pretty face.

Trina looked cool on the spinning black jack table.

by Anonymousreply 7509/09/2012

So Trina's only source of income is either doing backup for Toni or performing at gigs/functions with the band she just she still needs Gabe for his money even though she doesn't want to be with him lol

Traci...that hair is a hot mess!

Just when is Tamar coming out with her music? I guess we'll wait until her solo show? She made such a big deal of it but now she's quiet about it.

by Anonymousreply 7609/10/2012

Trina's big night tonight!

by Anonymousreply 7709/13/2012

[quote]So Trina's only source of income is either doing backup for Toni or performing at gigs/functions with the band she just left...

You lie! Trina doesnt have a day job?

by Anonymousreply 7809/13/2012

by Anonymousreply 7909/13/2012

Well what else does Trina do? Her guest appearance on that show was a result of the Braxton reality show...

by Anonymousreply 8009/13/2012

OMG @ the booty clap class lmfao. Traci and Towanda be gettin' all freaky in those stripper shoes with the poles!

Gabe looks HOT with the makeover.

by Anonymousreply 8109/15/2012

Toni smelling the pole

by Anonymousreply 8209/15/2012

I DIED when Toni was wiping the pole down with her OCD self lol. and she made the assistant help. She's such a natural diva, not a put-on one like Tamar.

by Anonymousreply 8309/15/2012

OMG I cannot believe Tamar's edges made an appearance in the last episode!! That high pony tail was too much.

I like Gabe's makeover. He looks better with facial hair though.

The pole class was hilarious. Towanda looked a little too comfortable on the pole lol

by Anonymousreply 8409/17/2012

[quote]Tamar has decided that she wants kids (maybe), but wants to have "popsicle" babies (have the eggs frozen and have a surrogate carry them at a later date).

Is this a John Waters movie?

by Anonymousreply 8509/17/2012

I liked seeing Tamar's real hair! yes.

Trina WTF just because Gabe looks cute with his makeover DOES NOT mean he's changed. I can't believe they renewed their vows. She's a fool.

I'm not happy this was only a half season lol. I guess we'll have to wait until the spring though for season 3... 2.5 was OK.

I caught Tamar's solo reality show...not feeling it. I like her with her sister but alone she is too much.

by Anonymousreply 8609/21/2012

You can watch the last episode here

by Anonymousreply 8709/21/2012

I agree with R86 Tamar is too much for her own show and I prefer Vince in smaller doses as well. I like them both a little less after the first episode.

They should give Andre a spin off show where they enlist a team of experts to help him find a job. Each episode will feature him coming up with another excuse about why he can't work.

by Anonymousreply 8809/21/2012

Yeah Tamar definitely came off as trying even harder aka too hard in her premiere episode. She doesn't need to keep repeating "have a seat", "getchyo' life" and "trying it" every 5 minutes. Also the talking in third person is just annoying and certainly not original. I enjoyed seeing her sisters react to her and not put up with nonsense. A whole show of her? no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 8909/21/2012

The view from that hotel in Saint-Lucia was stunning!!!

by Anonymousreply 9009/21/2012

St. Lucia is gorgeous...Gabe knew what he was doing by picking that location to propose to Trina again lolz

by Anonymousreply 9109/22/2012

Tamar booing during Trina's announcement hahaha "b...b...booooo..boooo!" Tamar actually is one of the producers of this show so she has a lot of input and it shows her intelligence and entertainment savvy.

by Anonymousreply 9209/22/2012

[quote]They should give Andre a spin off show where they enlist a team of experts to help him find a job. Each episode will feature him coming up with another excuse about why he can't work.

I think the sisters need to get an album out while the show is at its peak. Tamar and Toni should get their egos out of the way and get it done. It would probably sell more than anything any of them will put out individually at this point.

Where can I watch the premiere of Tamar & Vince?? I dont think Ashley Miller has posted it yet...

by Anonymousreply 9309/22/2012

Did you check WE tv? Either on tv or maybe they have it on their website too?

I still think Tamar alone is too much. She repeats her catch phrases and is always the center of attention and drama. I think it's more entertaining when her sisters tell her off.

I agree they should do an album! I could see them doing dance, r&b and pop. They could bring back the En Vogue thing where the voices make the songs, NOT the special effects and production. All 5 of them are GREAT singers which is rare for a family.

by Anonymousreply 9409/22/2012

I still don't understand Trina and Gabe's relationship and why she took him back. I know the children must have been the bigger influence on her taking him back. It was funny when her sisters were teasing her on being addicted to his "dick" skills.

The locale of the wedding was beautiful...I just wanted to jump through my computer screen.

by Anonymousreply 9509/22/2012

I understand Trina's decision. Gabe needs to step up though. One mistake and he's out.

Here's the conclusion in the beautiful St-Lucia setting.

by Anonymousreply 9609/22/2012

Maybe Gabe paying for most of the video shoot helped to change Trina's mind? She'll put up with his cheating ass for his money? lol I guess he's a pretty successful computer guy-not sure if he does IT or software engineering.

by Anonymousreply 9709/25/2012

I watched the first episode of Tamar & Vince last night. God bless Vincent the Herbert for putting up with Tamar's foolishness 24/7! Is Vince really 42?

Tamar needs to just let Vince write the checks, and not let him be involved in anything else regarding her career. She cares too much about his opinion, and she goes off the deep end when he is not crazy for everything little thing.

I love that Mary J Blige was preaching at their grand dining room table! Their house is insane.

Tamar's blonde trial assistant was pretty, Id definitely fuck that white boy. She was wrong for making him put on those dresses.

by Anonymousreply 9809/25/2012

As anyone noticed about the lack of male eye candy on BFV or T&V?

by Anonymousreply 9909/25/2012

Yes, r99 which is why I dont understand how these shows got their gay audience. I guess the family dynamic is enough to keep people watching.

Tamar is right though, she is in dire need of a fine gay assistant.

by Anonymousreply 10009/25/2012

R100, you'd think that with 5 sisters, with a couple being pretty hot, that they'd attract some hotties but no. Gabe looks better with his makeover but I still wouldn't consider him hot. When I watched the dinner scene on Tamar & Vince, there wasn't one hot black guy at the table which I thought was really weird.

And Vince needs to lose tons of weight he looks sick in a couple of moments.

by Anonymousreply 10109/25/2012

Season 2 Finale of Braxton Family Values and New Series Tamar & Vince

Reach 2.5 Million Total Viewers

by Anonymousreply 10209/26/2012

R100 we gays don't care just about male eye candy lol. I love seeing the interactions of the 5 sisters and their mother. That's enough to keep me watching even without any hot men.

Anyone see tonight's episode of Tamar's show? lol she's too much but I bet she's much more normal in person.

Meanwhile update on Trina's song-it has over 50,000 views on youtube in 2 weeks. That's ok for a non-superstar. I'm curious if it will do anything on the dance/club charts.

by Anonymousreply 10309/28/2012

Tamar's first song might be called "Get Your Life" LMFAO. and she calls her fans "Tamar-tians" lol

by Anonymousreply 10409/28/2012

This week's Tamar & Vince episode was much better than last week. Tamar had so many funny lines. Pee like Seabiscuit.

Also Vince wasn't always on his blackberry.

by Anonymousreply 10509/28/2012

I did like Tamar a lot more this week. She was funny. That scene of her running to the bathroom at the mall, and her inability to multiply 9 X 6 were priceless. Not to mention her confusion of folic and uric acids.

by Anonymousreply 10609/30/2012

Ok I guess there have been some hot men on the shows:

-Toni's ex husband/babydaddy Keri, I personally think he is a very sexy laid back guy

-The lead guy from Trina's video

-Vince's trainer Anan from the latest episode

Vince was such a grouchy beyotch in this last episode. His best friend Leshawn helps lighten the mood a lot, he is funny.

Tamar needs to get her hearing checked. The "Hot Sugar" song Leshawn played for her was thee shit! She actually could chart with that song. Way better than that "Get Your Life" foolishness. I hope thats her first single.

by Anonymousreply 10710/08/2012

Hot Sugar is a great sounding song but I understand about Tamar's comment that the song being cluttered. Too many things going at the same time. But like Lashawn said elements of the song will be pulled down.

I think Vince is such a negative person. I like him, I think he's sharp and smart but he's so grumpy. He seriously needs to fix his health situation, lose tons of weight and I'm sure he'll be less grumpy. Unlike Tamar's sisters who know when Tamar is being silly or serious or know how to deal with her, which makes for fun viewing, Vince often doesn't seem to get his wife.

by Anonymousreply 10810/08/2012

I LOLd at Tamar running for the bathroom too. There is nothing worse than having to take a shit while you're in public.

by Anonymousreply 10910/08/2012

Loved the Hot Sugar song, that is the kind of song Tamar needs to go for. It could be a hit.

Vince said his mom died in an accident when he was 13. I think that may have caused his eating problems, but its interesting because he is not shown eating much on camera very much. Im sure thats on purpose. I think he has lost a lot of weight since this was taped though. He looked smaller on Wendy Williams the other day.

Vince and Tamar seem like they could benefit from some simple counseling...NOT from Mother Evelyn though lol

by Anonymousreply 11010/08/2012

Tamar is so damn brilliant with her improvisational singing. The Jesus is a Landscaper had me rolling on the floor. That girl has a voice. She's damn better than Beyawnce.

by Anonymousreply 11110/13/2012

Yeah I'm a fan of the show. The only episode I didn't like (actually, hated lol) was the premiere but after that all have been funny and entertaining. I like the Tamar and Vince banter. I like that Tamar is ON him to get his diet and health under control.

Sometimes when they argue Vince has a smile on his face because he's cracking up at Tamar's expressions lol

by Anonymousreply 11210/13/2012

Tamar & Vince theme song...yes that's Vince singing.

by Anonymousreply 11310/13/2012

R113 that's a cute song. Tamar sounds like Toni on this track! It's good to hear Vince can carry a tune, which must help since he's a great manager and finder of talent. That Mindless Behavior group he has is the next B2K for sure.

by Anonymousreply 11410/13/2012

r111 I DIED at Jesus is a landscaper, Tamar is a fool!

Leshawn and April's fear of water was a mess

[quote]That Mindless Behavior group he has is the next B2K for sure.

I dont know if thats a good thing lol

by Anonymousreply 11510/13/2012

R116 it's time for another popular black boy band. We haven't had any since B2K. THe 90s had plenty of them.

by Anonymousreply 11610/13/2012

It seems that Vince and Tamar are separated and their house seen on their reality TV show is up for sale.

by Anonymousreply 11710/19/2012

I LOVED that Shekinah was on the last episode, she a damn mess. She really prevented Tamar and the stylist from reading each other into the ground!

by Anonymousreply 11810/24/2012

Rumour: it seems Tamar is pregnant.

She also sings the national anthem.

by Anonymousreply 11911/08/2012

Vince doesnt respect Tamar enough...he acts like he is the only person in the world who gets pissed off or frustrated, thats no way to go through life. I think a lot of that goes back to him losing his parents. He definitely needs to go to counseling BY HIMSELF. He has enough issues on his own that he is dumping on his marriage.

by Anonymousreply 12011/11/2012

I'm starting to get tired of Vince. The way he shuts down, in front of everyone, including camera crew and therapist, is amazing. He doesn't make any attempt to hide it. He has tons of issues.

by Anonymousreply 12111/11/2012

The Braxton sisters might be getting a syndicated talk show! The Braxton's version of The View. I think they might be onto something. Of course Tamar is not involved, seeing as how she is her own entity now LOL

by Anonymousreply 12211/13/2012

Has Toni B given up on recording new music then? I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 12311/13/2012

R122, I actually like the idea. The conversations between the Braxton sisters and Evelyn are fun to watch. But isn't the concept of The View tired by now? They might re-energise it.

by Anonymousreply 12411/13/2012

I ended up liking Vince & Tamar after all but I agree Vince needs more counseling. I think they do love each other though. Tamar really needs to put out "Hot Sugar" BEFORE this season of her show is over. I'm surprised Vince is waiting so long to do it.

The idea of a Braxton's talk show sounds good but I'd want Tamar and Evelyn involved sounds like Tamar's ego is getting too big though lol

by Anonymousreply 12511/14/2012

LOL "Now I can eat like Precious". Oh Tamar. This was a funny episode.

by Anonymousreply 12611/16/2012

Trina has a series of youtube videos called "Happy Hour starts at 4 O'Clock" and she shows how to make her favorite drink of the week.

Ready for a breakfast martini?

by Anonymousreply 12711/16/2012

No "Tamar & Vince" show tonight so in the meantime check out this great video. Toni is sexy and never sounded better. And look at all her sisters singing background. Traci, Trina, Tamar and Towanda.

by Anonymousreply 12811/22/2012

lol R128 Towanda looked 40 back then but she looks the exact same now. It's like she always looked a certain older age but then stopped aging.

Traci looked so good when she was thin!

Tamar and Trina look so young haha.

Toni of course looks great.

The Braxtons really harmonize well together, it's amazing. You can't really hear Towanda though but Tamar, Traci and Trina come through depending on the note.

by Anonymousreply 12911/22/2012

Tamar's new single.

by Anonymousreply 13012/01/2012

Nice track! I can't wait to hear the finished studio version.

by Anonymousreply 13112/01/2012

I loved the Love & War preview, I got the holy ghost like Leshawn! lol

Tamar now has two potential hits on her hands. The album is supposed to be out in February of next year!

by Anonymousreply 13212/01/2012

Tamar's single "Love and War" will be released tomorrow on Itunes!

by Anonymousreply 13312/05/2012

Tamar's song is out

by Anonymousreply 13412/06/2012

Tamar made it into the top 10 on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 13512/06/2012

Tamar would make a definitive Lorrell in Dreamgirls.

by Anonymousreply 13612/06/2012

Tamar has a gorgeous voice. I think the parts of Toni's songs that really touched me emotionally were actually Tamar.

by Anonymousreply 13712/06/2012

The song is currently at no 2 on iTunes singles chart.

Now Lady Gaga just tweeted her monsters to buy Tamar's song.

by Anonymousreply 13812/06/2012

I thought there would be more production in the song, I wanted it to take me to CHURCH...but I still like it. I love that she still sounds like Toni at moments in the song!

by Anonymousreply 13912/06/2012

Tamar is at #1 on iTunes!

Sneak peek of Season 3 of Braxton Family Values:

by Anonymousreply 14012/08/2012

Sadly, Toni has been hospitalised for lepus.

by Anonymousreply 14112/08/2012

Love Trina and the rest.

Can't wait for more BFV

So sad about Toni.

by Anonymousreply 14212/08/2012

Tamar on GMA. Her best performance yet.

by Anonymousreply 14312/22/2012

Toni says she's not recording new music any more

by Anonymousreply 14402/09/2013

Her only announcement should be she's marrying a count.

Seriously, the woman needs a steady stream of income.

by Anonymousreply 14502/10/2013

The previews for the new season look good. Towanda usually has the best weaves even though she has the hardest look out of all the girls.

by Anonymousreply 14603/03/2013

I saw the previews too. Towanda really makes sure her weave is layed after the first season's pigtail tragedy.

Im going to need Tamar and Toni to stop firing cute gay assistants left and right. These shows need some eye candy!

by Anonymousreply 14703/03/2013

What do think of the new season so far?

Tamar is not going to catch a break this time. I think she is being overly sensitive to what Towanda was saying to her. And I think the real reason Towanda is mad at her is for disrespecting Andre.

Trina is hilarious. Her son Caleb looks just like her.

by Anonymousreply 14803/23/2013

That Caleb is weird. Bring milk?

What was he referring to, the time her mother gave an oral transaction?

Gee, I didn't know her kids were that old, and to think they had to go to high school during that whole bj time.

by Anonymousreply 14903/27/2013

Tamar's meltdown on the bridge in Canada was freaking hilarious. "Stay wit it, stay wit it!"

by Anonymousreply 15003/30/2013

so Tamar had that baby. Can't wait to see him but I know we're gonna have to wait until her solo show lol.

I enjoyed the past season of Braxton Family Values but I didn't like the cliffhanger with the implications that Traci's husband could have fathered a child sometime during his marriage to Traci. That is just messy and shouldn't be made public.

by Anonymousreply 15107/03/2013

Supertrailer of the upcoming season!

by Anonymousreply 15210/22/2013

The ladies return in 2 weeks!

by Anonymousreply 15311/01/2013

Wow Traci is a mess lol

by Anonymousreply 15411/14/2013

I'm disappointed with how misleading the season previews were. They made it seem like Traci's husband cheated and has a baby but it was quickly disproven and they've moved on to other issues.

Meanwhile, Traci and her husband will be part of the upcoming "Marriage Bootcamp" cast (along with other reality star couples) which premieres next year. Clearly they have other issues to be worked out:

by Anonymousreply 15512/12/2013

Note to Towanda, don't ever do a racy photoshoot again, especially not without a lot of makeup! Dayum her face looked hella manly.

by Anonymousreply 15612/20/2013

WOW, Towanda's husband Andre got into it with the Tamartians on twitter last night after he basically implied Tamar is going to win a Grammy by paying for one. lmao. Read:

by Anonymousreply 15712/20/2013

and lol at his cheesy video promoting his books:

by Anonymousreply 15812/20/2013

anyone think Toni can sometimes be a bully to her sisters? 2 seasons ago she scolded Traci for being fat. On last night's episode, Trina announced she had lost 20 pounds and Toni said "good, 20 to go".

I realize Toni has never had fitness/body issues and she is used to looking good all the time, but she can be a bit harsh to her sisters in that area.

by Anonymousreply 15902/14/2014

hmmm so Toni is now talking about doing the sisterly gospel album. That will be funny as fuck to watch them record it. Tamar will be fighting with Towanda and Traci I bet.

by Anonymousreply 16002/15/2014

I'm learning now that Toni does have a nasty streak. The blurb about Trina's weight was uncalled for. The Gospel Album recording is going to be a whole season upon itself.

by Anonymousreply 16102/17/2014

I love tge show, its funny and I'd smash every sister (tawanda with a bag over her face though).

by Anonymousreply 16202/17/2014

so now Traci is on the new season of "Marriage Bootcamp: Reality Stars", also on WE tv, along with her husband Kevin, original bachelorette bore Trista and husband Ryan, Jersey Shore trash JWoww and her husband, Bad Girls Club ratchet embarrassment Tanisha and her husband, and former Real Housewives of Orange County's Gretchen and Slade who aren't even married yet.

Traci has continued to lose weight which is good!

wow they're messed up though-he cheated and then she cheated in retaliation.

by Anonymousreply 16305/31/2014

New season of BFV coming in August! Towanda REALLY goes off the deep end from the trailer I've seen...

and Traci Braxton released her debut single! Unfortunately it's auto-tuned...I would've liked to hear her voice in its natural state

by Anonymousreply 16407/21/2014

I can't believe Towanda wrecked the tableware at that nice restaurant on the finale during her "NOBODY CARES ABOUT [bold][italic]MY[/italic][/bold] FEELINGS!" tantrum!

I loved watching the sisters singing together in the last episode. It really is magical when they do, as they harmonize so naturally and perfectly with each other.

by Anonymousreply 16509/13/2014

The second half of season 4 premieres tonight!

Towanda is filing for divorce! Her husband is cute-it's too bad he doesn't seem motivated to find a good job.

by Anonymousreply 16605/21/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!