Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Whitney dies of accidental drowning with cocaine in system

I did the search and nothing came up.

by Anonymousreply 13704/01/2012

I will always glub you.

by Anonymousreply 103/22/2012

So does this mean she was intoxicated or drunk while she was in the bath and she fell asleep and drowned?

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2012

Don Lemon just said the main thing listed was cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 403/22/2012

Forgot to mention the heart disease: "Contributing factors of her death included heart disease and cocaine use, an investigation found."

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2012

Cocaine, sheesh, who would have guessed?

by Anonymousreply 603/22/2012

LOS ANGELES -- Whitney Houston died from accidental drowning, according to the L.A. County Coroner's Office.

According to the coroner's report, the 48-year-old singer also had cocaine in her system at the time of her death.

The coroner's report cites 'effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use' as contributing factors in her death.

Also found in her system; marijuana, Xanax, Flexeril and Benadryl.

But the coroner says these drugs did not contribute to her death.

Houston was found unresponsive in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Feb. 11.

She was pronounced dead at the scene.

No trauma or foul play is suspected.

Houston was in town to attend the Grammy Awards.

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2012

accidental drowning, cocaine, heart disease

Earlier Pat Houston said she was found face-down in the full bathtub and her whole body was not in the tub.

by Anonymousreply 803/22/2012

Oops

by Anonymousreply 903/22/2012

I am assuming it was crack. Cocaine sounds better.

by Anonymousreply 1003/22/2012

No alcohol in her system. Just reported on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 1103/22/2012

gee, R3, you are quite a brain with a huge intellect. You don't believe in reading? Or you cannot comprehend what you read?

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2012

Is the boyfriend known for cocaine use?

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2012

FYI, Atherosclerosis:

by Anonymousreply 1403/22/2012

I don't think she fell asleep. I think her heart just failed.

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2012

Ignore Miss PMS at R12.

It doesn't say what exactly caused her to accidently drown.

All these drugs were found in her system, yet the coroner is saying that none of these drugs were contributing factors in her death?

Yet there's no explanation given as to what caused her to drown.

by Anonymousreply 1603/22/2012

[quote]No alcohol in her system. Just reported on CNN.

Then who was drinking the beer and champagne seen in photos from the room?

by Anonymousreply 1703/22/2012

A better article explaining cocaine abuse and heart disease.

by Anonymousreply 1803/22/2012

R17, CNN just clarified that while there was alcohol in her system, it was not of a level sufficient to be a contributing factor to her death.

by Anonymousreply 1903/22/2012

R12, after reading the report, R3 asked if she was intoxicated and/or drunk when alcohol was not even mentioned in the report

by Anonymousreply 2003/22/2012

She could have just fallen asleep.

by Anonymousreply 2103/22/2012

Has anyone heard any post-coroner's-report murder theories?

For some reason, some people really want it to be murder.

by Anonymousreply 2203/22/2012

See? She drownded. Like I have been telling the entire world in my extreme grief between the gigs I must do to appease my fans' hunger for Dionne.

The obvious bigot who wrote that report twisted the results to make it seem like Nippy's medications that were required for her to stay healthy and sane had something to do her tragic demise. But it is clear that the simple facts are that my angel (1) was suffering from extreme fatigue from giving herself to the world, (2) fell asleep like a little baby and (3) sank slowly beneath the water in a tasteful, ladylike way with no puke, heebie-jeebies, eyes rolling back in her head, talking backward or duking a mortal nasty in the tub. It was a true star's death, as everyone who was there watching ... uh ... well, anyway ...

And she had no more than a smidgen of marijuana in her system. I know because when I had that purse of hers picked up the pot bag was just a tiny bit short of its original five ounces. Good shit, too.

So listen up, haters. Miss Whitney Houston The Voice Of The Eon drownded as an innocent victim from the Titanic of her talent hitting the iceberg of exhaustion as a result of what you, her fans, demanded of her. I am trying to get Cissy to sue you.

A Lass, she was not as strong as I, who neither sleeps nor bathes enough to place myself at any measurable risk.

by Anonymousreply 2303/22/2012

[quote]A Lass

Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 2403/22/2012

Do get with the program, R24.

by Anonymousreply 2503/22/2012

Nippy needed a portable defibrillator, hindsight is 20/20.

by Anonymousreply 2603/22/2012

Luv it, R23, especially (3).

"Also found in her system; marijuana, Xanax, Flexeril and Benadryl.

But the coroner says these drugs did not contribute to her death."

I suppose those drugs had little to do with her slipping beneath the water's surface without being aroused enough to breathe?

by Anonymousreply 2703/22/2012

Benadryl alone makes me feel like I am drunk, so I cannot imagine what having pot, coke, alcohol, Xanax, benadryl, etc. would do to someone.

by Anonymousreply 2803/22/2012

[quote]I cannot imagine what having pot, coke, alcohol, Xanax, benadryl, etc. would do to someone.

Sing like a bird?

by Anonymousreply 2903/22/2012

Whitney is a legend.

by Anonymousreply 3003/22/2012

Bobby's family was on Dr. Drew tonight saying she was murdered. They also suggested that Pat Houston is shady.

by Anonymousreply 3103/22/2012

Just because those drugs were found in her system doesn't mean she was on them at the time of death. Several of those drugs stay in the system for days, some weeks. Not saying she wasn't high as a kite, but just throwing one out there.

by Anonymousreply 3203/23/2012

Is someone going to get in trouble for getting rid of the coke?

by Anonymousreply 3303/23/2012

The freakin coroner might have well said I don't know how she drown. The implication is that she had a heart attack, but can't they definitively tell if she did?

by Anonymousreply 3403/23/2012

I have a lot of questions, too

by Anonymousreply 3503/23/2012

She drowned because her head was underwater, R34. Now, they just have to find out who held her head underwater.

by Anonymousreply 3603/23/2012

Cocaine was in her system??? Why no, I don't believe it!

by Anonymousreply 3703/23/2012

[quote]Just because those drugs were found in her system doesn't mean she was on them at the time of death. Several of those drugs stay in the system for days, some weeks. Not saying she wasn't high as a kite, but just throwing one out there.

You're really reaching and/or in denial.

Anyone who saw the last photos of her stumbling out of that party a few nights before could see she was still on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 3803/23/2012

Drowning likely wasn't the true cause of death, says pathologist Michael Fishbein of the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center: "Cocaine is known to cause sudden cardiac death."

It can trigger heart disease as well, he adds, making heart rhythm failures more likely. "The fact that she was in a tub when she died may have been coincidental. She likely would have died just walking around."

The coroner's report suggests Houston had some water in her lungs, Fishbein says, leading to the verdict of drowning. But that may have been the result of gasping breaths she took while under water, long after her heart had stopped and organ death had started.

by Anonymousreply 3903/23/2012

[all posts by tedious troll]

by Anonymousreply 4003/23/2012

I can't remember, did someone in her suite administer CPR? Perhaps it didn't work because her heart was too damaged.

by Anonymousreply 4203/23/2012

It's good to know we have so many medical experts here on DL. I mean, what does some coroner know? They should just come to DL if they want to know Houston's cause of death.

by Anonymousreply 4303/23/2012

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think she was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 4403/23/2012

We got water out of her, Jake. She drowned.

by Anonymousreply 4503/23/2012

Did anyone check to see where Robert Wagner was that night?

by Anonymousreply 4603/23/2012

Whitney who?

by Anonymousreply 4703/23/2012

Who murdered her?

by Anonymousreply 4803/23/2012

Why do addicts take so many different drugs at once? Do you have to take some other drug to neutralize some nasty side effect of cocaine and vice versa? How long does it take for drugs to get out of your body system so they are no longer traceable?

by Anonymousreply 4903/23/2012

R44, There is a rumor that TMZ yanked footage of their interview with an employee at the morgue, or the forensic patholoist. This person allegedly said that after examining Houston's body "It is my opinion that this death was not accidental".

I have not looked for the video much, but so far there is just anecdotal recollections of what the alleged video said and who was even on it - accounts that vary. I can't imagine that speaking to the press like that is ethical, so who knows. That's the internet rumor though.

by Anonymousreply 5003/23/2012

suicide

by Anonymousreply 5103/23/2012

People pick which romors they like and share and which one they dismiss by default.

by Anonymousreply 5203/23/2012

Cocaine, heart disease and Xanax know as cocktail of death

by Anonymousreply 5303/23/2012

My guess is she passed out in the tub and drowned. Need I say why she passed out to any person with even passing experience with those drugs and alcohol, in combination, especially used over time.

by Anonymousreply 5403/23/2012

People please. She was killed, in a ritual. On the eve of the grammy's? Gimme a break. Her time was up, she ruined her voice she, like Michael Jackson, worth more dead than alive "assisted death" coverup.

Did you see Pat Houston on Oprah and Whitney's brother? They were in on it, body language gave them away. I do believe that Clive covered her as much as he could, as that old queen loved her as a true diva but the orders came in -she could not reply that 100 million advance thus - the drowning. Downstairs neighbors heard two thumps before she died...strangely, she was left alone in her room....they did it, had to make that dough. But this is the digital age, hard to cover shit up, thus her death will never be accepted as a drugged drowning.

Ray J doesn't know she did coke? HE WAS HER DEALER. Raffles Van Excel sold the coffin pics, btw.

by Anonymousreply 5503/23/2012

That Raffles guy with the neon question mark jacket? Shady!

by Anonymousreply 5603/23/2012

So you're saying Pat and Gary know who murdered her?

by Anonymousreply 5703/23/2012

RayJ's rep says he didn't know she was using again. The rep also says he was in San Diego that day.

by Anonymousreply 5803/23/2012

@57 Hell yes Pat and Gary know who did it.

Hell yes Ray J was her dopeboy not her lover -she is a lez!

Raffles is a gay con man, conned MJ, too.

The order to kill Whit came from the tippy top and that ain't Clive Davis. She knew her time was up, she even sang that religious song 2 nights before her death. She failed them, she had chance after chance and she blew it. Didn't write the song, lost her voice, was a wreck in public, her stock was LOW. If she hadn't been murdered the studio would only have a black cult film but now, SPARKLE will be a hit.

People open your fucking eyes and follow the money. Same thing with Amy Winehouse. Remember, about a month before her murder she was staggering around on stage? Worthless, to record companies, here was no way in hell Winehouse would have EVER been clean.

Notice, as with Whitney , Winehouses' bodyguards found the body=bodyguards were paid off to allow the murder to happen.

Mike Jackson was wortheless alive, they KNEW he was too fucked up to do a 50 show score=time for him to die.

by Anonymousreply 5903/23/2012

@58 fuck anything Ray J says. He's a dopeboy and a fucktoy. Common knowledge that he was Whits drugrunner. Why the fuck would else would she be with the dude who pissed on and fucked Kim Trashcan?

Open your eyes people.

by Anonymousreply 6003/23/2012

R60 if there is some tinhat conspiracy to subscribe to, why not believe that Whitney fakedher death with some help?

by Anonymousreply 6103/23/2012

There are people posting on this thread who bonkers- nuts.

by Anonymousreply 6203/23/2012

Enjoy your superiority, charlie

by Anonymousreply 6303/23/2012

Sheep.

They planed her death much better than Winehouse and Mike Jackson's...let's see, on the eve of the Grammy's in a tub, coked out. Like, gimme a break. EVERYBODY who has even been near a cokehead knows that THEY DON'T TAKE BATHS WHEN HIGH. Showers only, can't stand to lay in the bath. I'm surprised one of DL's many tweekers hasn't chimed in on that one.

by Anonymousreply 6403/23/2012

That's because after so long, a drug just doesn't work like it used to R64.

After years of drinking, a very highly tolerant alcoholic will one day experience drunkenness with one half of one drink. I have no experience with cocaine but I am told that if you take too much, or do coke for years, it can intoxicate like a downer and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 6503/23/2012

[quote] . EVERYBODY who has even been near a cokehead knows that THEY DON'T TAKE BATHS WHEN HIGH. Showers only

Taking a shower instead of a bath didn't stop Brittany Murphy from dropping dead...

by Anonymousreply 6603/23/2012

You just said you had no experience with coke. I do. They don't take baths and they don't die in the tub like that. All the damn tweekers in the world, and a diva singer dies in such a dramatic way??

Sheep.

Follow the money!! Ike Turner made Whit looked a baby junky he died, high as hell, after 50 years of coke. Sly Stone, doing coke since the 1960s but Whitney is gonna die in the bathtub upstairs from the grammys. I bet you dumb queens bought that bullshit that aids is from African monkeys. I'm done talking to such fools. Read the link or not, swallow the bullshit if you wish.

lastly, keith richards and johnny deep and david bowie all should have drowned in the damn bath, sheep!!

by Anonymousreply 6703/23/2012

r67 is coo-coo.

by Anonymousreply 6803/23/2012

[quote]People please. She was killed, in a ritual. On the eve of the grammy's?

A "ritual"???

by Anonymousreply 6903/23/2012

[quote]My guess is she passed out in the tub and drowned.

The strange thing is that she was face down in the water. It's not as if she was sitting in the bath tub and then slid under the water. It seems that it would be difficult to end up face down if you slid down while passed out.

by Anonymousreply 7003/23/2012

OMG....when did this happen?

I never heard a thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 7103/23/2012

R63- that's how you see this? This is like talking to the Tea Party.

by Anonymousreply 7203/23/2012

She simply drowned from exhaustion. That's all the public needs to know.

by Anonymousreply 7303/23/2012

Err, she didn't take a bath. She was maybe ready to take one, but she fell HEAD FIRST with her legs out of the tub. Hence, she must have had a heart attack and fell face down in the tub. It's not like she was lying in the bathtub and slid. No. She fell IN the bathtub. Which could explain the loud thump heard from upstairs or downstairs or whatever.

Stop making up murder theories, it's ridiculous.

As for the morgue employee saying they didn't believe there wasn't foul play involved, they must have commented after seeing bruises. Well yeah, falling head first on a bathtub will probably leave marks. Knees, head, arms...

Nippy must have been stressed out by the event coming up, the grammy week, and as usual she binged. This time her heart couldn't take it. And that's it. It was bound to happen...

Now Ray J and his clique probably rushed to clean the remaining coke out of the room to save their own asses, and that's why the family was acting weird regarding the drug issues on Oprah. They knew damn well Whitney had never stopped using. Come on.

Her heart would have stopped anyway, had she been sitting on a chair or lying in bed or whatever. It happened in the bathroom. It's tragic, it's pathetic, it's over. RIP Nippy

by Anonymousreply 7403/23/2012

What was the purpose of cleaning up? They must've known there'd still be coke in her system.

by Anonymousreply 7503/23/2012

R75, perhaps because possession of cocaine is illegal?

by Anonymousreply 7603/23/2012

r76. It's not like the police would have hauled Whitney's corpse into prison for several years before allowing it to get buried.

Now some fool is getting charged with tempering a potential crime scene and making her death look more suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 7703/23/2012

R77, the person who provided the cocaine to Whitney could get in trouble with the law. Hence, the desire to clean up the scene.

by Anonymousreply 7803/23/2012

Whitney, Brittany Murphy and Heath Ledger all had OTC antihistamines in their system.

When in GOD'S NAME will this country deal with its OTC antihistamine problem!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7903/23/2012

Well, we now know as much as we would've known had there been cocaine at the scene - that somebody provided her with cocaine. Even if they didn't clean it up, we still wouldn't have known who it was. So how exactly did they profit from tampering with evidence?

by Anonymousreply 8003/23/2012

Oh, for pity's sake, R80 - when someone dies of a drug overdose you can bet your stupid ass their friends will make a sweep of the vicinity before the law gets there. They weren't trying to "profit" in any way except to cover their own asses. Why is that so difficult for you to grasp?

by Anonymousreply 8103/23/2012

By "profiting", I obviously meant "covering their asses", R81. Why is that so hard for you to get? My point was that I don't see how it helped cover their asses. If cocaine HAD been found there, we still wouldn't know WHO provided her with it. So it wouldn't make much of a difference for whoever that was. Tampering with evidence just arouses suspicion. But well, whatever, I get why they would've done it, even if it made no actual difference - the adrenaline of the moment and all that.

by Anonymousreply 8203/23/2012

r81, the question remains: DID they cover their asses in the long run by getting rid of the hard drug(s) with the autopsy report now released?

by Anonymousreply 8303/23/2012

Whoever provided the cocaine is hoping they will not be discovered as the provider of the cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 8403/23/2012

Oh, R82, I remember you from college. You're the twit who demands a clarification on every statement the professor makes. You're the one who turns a lecture into a two-person conversation and slows down the class to the point where we only cover half the material we should have.

by Anonymousreply 8503/23/2012

R85, rein in all that self-righteousness and try to read with some understanding. I just pointed out that, IMO, it wasn't really a well thought-out move with much of a pay-off. And I conceded that I see how adrenaline might've played a part in the decision.

You're the one who made a completely superfluous comment and couldn't understand the meaning of "profit" in this context.

by Anonymousreply 8603/23/2012

When they said she had bags under her eyes, they weren't kidding!

by Anonymousreply 8703/23/2012

I hope there indeed was a conspiracy behind all this. If so, I would like to write a personal thank you note to each one of the conspirators.

by Anonymousreply 8803/23/2012

"Benadryl alone makes me feel like I am drunk, so I cannot imagine what having pot, coke, alcohol, Xanax, benadryl, etc. would do to someone."

After all her years on serious drugs, it probably felt like a cup of camomille tea to her.

by Anonymousreply 8903/23/2012

"The strange thing is that she was face down in the water. It's not as if she was sitting in the bath tub and then slid under the water. It seems that it would be difficult to end up face down if you slid down while passed out."

No, any corpse immersed in water turns face down. If there's any air still trapped in the lungs that will be the most bouyant part of the body, while the heavier limbs and abdomen pull the rest of the body down.

So the body being face down is consistent with an accidental death, as long as the bathtub was a lot larger than mine.

by Anonymousreply 9003/23/2012

This all worked out according to plan.

by Anonymousreply 9103/23/2012

Just as an aside, Nippy did not die of a heart attack. A heart attack would have shown up on the autopsy and be listed as the cause of death.

by Anonymousreply 9203/23/2012

[quote] No, any corpse immersed in water turns face down.

It's a hotel bathtub, not the East River.

by Anonymousreply 9303/23/2012

I personally found Whitney extremely obnoxious about her faith. She was always going on and on about Jesus and her relationship with her God, so I wouldn't be surprised if she expected that Jesus was going to help her overcome her drug problem. I have to admit that when she hit her lowest point, I remember thinking, "Well, why doesn't your God help you now, you arrogant bitch?"

by Anonymousreply 9403/23/2012

[quote]drownded

Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 9503/23/2012

Some of you guys are so dramatic. You really think she was murdered? Someone who has been using since the 80s? I guess.

Now we know why Pat, Gary and Bobbi Kristina invited Oprah to do this interview before the coroners report was released. And if Pat knew that Whitney was murdered so did Bobbi Kristina. And I find that hard to believe. They all knew she was getting high and didnt want to say it.

by Anonymousreply 9603/23/2012

Whitney Houston's full autopsy report may offer more clues about whether the singer suffered a heart attack before her drowning death, officials said Friday.

The full report, which is expected to be released in a few weeks, may include test results and physical descriptions of the singer's heart that will show whether she suffered a heart attack, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said.

The report is being compiled and Winter said he did not have access to its findings, which might show whether there were any obvious signs such as discoloration of her heart that would suggest Houston had a heart attack before slipping underwater in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

by Anonymousreply 9703/23/2012

Miss Warwick is back! There is a god and she has lovely Creme brûlée locks.

by Anonymousreply 9803/23/2012

I don't see why Pat and BK did the Oprah interview. Whitney told Oprah that she had to pray the addiction away.

by Anonymousreply 9903/23/2012

r99 if they would have waited until after the report was out, they wouldnt have been able to LIE to Mother Oprah so easily about her drug use. And Oprah is desperate to save that network. So it was a win win.

But you better believe Oprah would have had Pat's townhouse bulldozed for lying to her TV if she wasnt in need of ratings.

by Anonymousreply 10003/23/2012

This is very sad.

I think Raffles and Ray J were Whitney's drug suppliers!

by Anonymousreply 10103/23/2012

RAY J IS A TOTAL WHORE.

by Anonymousreply 10203/23/2012

Ray J's family is now getting extremely defensive. The mom, and Brandy, issued statements today about him, and say, basically a great guy. Yeah, an angel - who sold his sex tape with Kim Kartrashian, and now is looking for the highest bidder for his Whitney tapes......then he'll try and say they were 'stolen' from him, and had nothing to do with them going public. SLIME !

by Anonymousreply 10303/23/2012

Wouldn't it be a hoot-or a toot-if Bobbi Krstina actually provided Mommy with the coke?

by Anonymousreply 10403/23/2012

Dionne (R103), there may not be any Whitney tapes because Whitney told Leolah Brown (Whitney's former sister-in-law) that Ray J meant nothing to her. He was merely her runner boy for drugs.

Ray J's camp has reportedly been pushing the Ray J was Whitney's boyfriend stuff to the tabloids so that he can profit from this. I would imagine book deals or get well paid for doing interviews, etc. down the road as Whitney's grieving boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 10503/23/2012

When are we going to get Breitbart's toxicology report? Shouldn't it have brewed by now?

by Anonymousreply 10603/23/2012

LMAOooooo!! R55, you are hysterical!

by Anonymousreply 10703/24/2012

I am beginning to think RayJ was her dealer.

by Anonymousreply 10903/24/2012

>>>The freakin coroner might have well said I don't know how she drown. The implication is that she had a heart attack, but can't they definitively tell if she did?

They can. The body releases certain chemicals/enzymes when a person has a heart attack. One chemical/enzyme is released a week before a heart attack, another is a few days before and the other is the exact time/or the day of a heart attack

by Anonymousreply 11003/24/2012

>>> Ray J's family is now getting extremely defensive. The mom, and Brandy, issued statements today about him, and say, basically a great guy. Yeah, an angel - who sold his sex tape with Kim Kartrashian,

kardashian was a full partner in that deal. Her mother brokered the deal. They took notes when paris hilton's sex tape came out

R105, they were dating. They were seen in the many months before her death all over Los Angeles together, going out to eat, going to clubs and going to events together

by Anonymousreply 11103/24/2012

I doubt they were dating r111.

by Anonymousreply 11203/24/2012

Bobby Brown now Ray J? Clearly Whitney had a type, thugish bad boys. Is this what Pat meant by looking for love in all the wrong places? He must have been plying her with coke too.

by Anonymousreply 11303/24/2012

[quote][R105], they were dating. They were seen in the many months before her death all over Los Angeles together, going out to eat, going to clubs and going to events together

Makes that years r111. I have seen pics of Whitney and Ray J together on the black blogs since around 2008. Ray J had been with Whitney for awhile, maybe longer than that because she was so close with Brandy. They probably waited to go public with it until the Kim K scandal died down.

by Anonymousreply 11403/24/2012

Would a routine medical checkup have revealed the heart disease or would it have required more in depth tests?

by Anonymousreply 11503/24/2012

Just because Ray J and Whitney were see at clubs or restaurants does not mean they were dating. Whitney has known Ray J's family since Ray J was 14 or 15 years of age. Whitney met this family when she was in her 30's I beleive.

Has there ever been a single photo of them holding hands or kissing? None, that I have ever seen online or on the tabloid shows.

Also, Whitney was also seen with Raffles, does it mean she and Raffles were dating and hitting the sheets? No.

by Anonymousreply 11603/24/2012

I am wondering if Whitney was aware she had heart disease.

by Anonymousreply 11703/24/2012

R117, I'm wondering the same thing.

Could that heart condition due to years of drug use also explain the bloating Whitney had in her face and stomach? She was unrecognizable at times when she so bloated.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 11803/24/2012

I'm sure she was, R117. She would've gone through a physical to start working on Sparkle.

by Anonymousreply 11903/24/2012

And remember too she reportedly had that failed medical when she was apparently going for some procedure a week or two before she died.

by Anonymousreply 12003/24/2012

Failed medical?

by Anonymousreply 12103/24/2012

Yes,r121. It was reported right after Whitney Houston had died that she had went to some Beverly Hill doctor to get some procedure, but the doctor was not able to do the procedure because Whitney failed the medical testing required for the procedure.

Some have speculated that the procedure was some sort of plastic surgery.

The article did not state how she had failed the medical testing (drugs in system, bad organs, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 12203/24/2012

Which leads me to believe this could have been prevented with heart surgery, sad indeed.

by Anonymousreply 12303/24/2012

Gary Houston's ex wife said the whole family struggled with drug addiction.

by Anonymousreply 12503/24/2012

I didn't know that, R124. Well, it seems like she probably did find out in the end, but only a couple of weeks before dying. Who knows how long her heart had been damaged.

by Anonymousreply 12603/24/2012

Did anyone see the Dr. Drew show which had Bobby Brown's sister and some of her children on it?

Oh it was horrible.

Laugh riot for the most part.

Bobby Brown's sister and some of her children spoke as though there are people who want to have Bobbi Christina committed. They spoke as though there are people who are leaking stories to the press about Bobbi Christina. Somehow they all figure that it is Whitney Houston's brother and his wife who are doing all of this.

However. Bobby Brown's sister then just had to go on to say that she is the legal guardian of Bobbi Christina (who is a grown adult by the way). And, that she is just ever soo worried that the wrong people will try to cause her further harm.

It was great. Like watching a couple of Irish Travelers trying to run the beginning of a long con it was. So trashy. If anyone happens to be staying in tonight, the go to the HLN web site or what have you and check out that Dr. Drew episode because it is just soo very trashy and downright funny.

by Anonymousreply 12703/24/2012

Hot baths and showers can trigger cardiac events by lowering the blood pressure rapidly, causing enough stress to cause a diseased heart to infarct or convert to a fatal rhythm. It's especially dangerous in cold weather. Think Whitney, Brittany Murphy and Karen Carpenter. All died after getting in hot water in winter.

Straining on a toilet can do the same thing by pressing the vagal nerve. Think Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 12803/24/2012

So Whitney would still be alive if she ran more cold water before she got in the tub?

by Anonymousreply 12903/24/2012

Whitney's ex-sister-in-law shading the Houstons

by Anonymousreply 13003/24/2012

R127, I also saw that show.

Leolah Brown was NOT trying to have Bobbi Kristina committed. In fact she stated just the opposite. She said that was exactly what Whitney's sister-in-law Pat Houston and a few others were trying to do. To imply after Whitney's death that Bobbi Kristina may not be competent mentally. Brown stated she felt that they were doing this in an attempt to gain control over the money from Bobby Kristina.

by Anonymousreply 13103/24/2012

There seems to be a ton of shadyness in the Houston family.

by Anonymousreply 13203/24/2012

George Zimmerman knocked druggie Whitney off the front page.

by Anonymousreply 13303/28/2012

Shut up 133.

by Anonymousreply 13403/29/2012

A bustier worn on stage by Whitney Houston fetched $18,750 at an auction Saturday in Beverly Hills of memorabilia from the late pop star's career.

The sale of 13 items brought in a total of $80,187 from bidders in the gallery, on the phone and online.

A grey velvet gown the singer wore to music mogul Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party in 1996 went for $11,250.

Pearl drop earrings worn by Houston in "The Bodyguard" sold for $2,812, while a vest she sported in the film commanded $3,437.

Other items included a plum velvet dress, which brought $7,500, and a black and gold pants outfit that fetched $2,125.

by Anonymousreply 13504/01/2012

R135. That was part of a multiple celebrity memorabilia auction planned before her death.

by Anonymousreply 13604/01/2012

Is that the same auction that sold the gold "Cleopatra" cape worn by Elizabeth Taylor?

by Anonymousreply 13704/01/2012
Need more help? Click Here.