Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Did you do anything big for your milestone birthdays?

I have a friend who went to Istanbul for his 40th--I'm planning something similar but not sure what.

by Anonymousreply 2211/26/2012

For my 50th birthday I gathered a bunch of my friends and staff members to celebrate cancellation of my talk show.

by Anonymousreply 103/22/2012

Yes, I always plan something fun ...its a nice tradition and will give me something to reflet fondly on in my decrepit years ...started it in London on 21st birthday ...and have since spent milestone/non-milestone birthdays in Paris (5x), Buenos Aires. Dublin, Amsterdam and Spain ...

Do it!

by Anonymousreply 203/22/2012

I only had one birthday party when I was a kid. My mother wouldn't have any more because she was " too nervous."

So I grew up not celebrating my birthday. We didn't celebrate most holidays except Christmas because my mother was a waitress and she worked every holiday.

I have sort of lost track of my age. When asked how old I am I have to say, "Wait ... What year is this again?" and them subtract my birth year. So I'm often not aware that a "big" birthday is looming.

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2012

I buy Hermes for my birthday.

The brand appeals to my secret inner label-whore.

by Anonymousreply 403/22/2012

Before my 40th I had a massive crippling panic attack followed by a deep depression but I did have cake.

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2012

For my 50th and through a well connected source I hired one of the hottest marines based at Miramar for the night. Won't forget that for the next 50.

by Anonymousreply 603/22/2012

I'm going to celebrate my 21st birthday in Turks and Cacao!

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2012

For my 40th I ran my first marathon.

by Anonymousreply 803/22/2012

20th - went to baths

30th - ditto

40th - ditto

50th - ditto

60th - ditto

70th - stayed home and jerked off

by Anonymousreply 903/22/2012

It’s my 50th birthday this Weds and I have invited my close friends out to dinner to celebrate with me.

As the host I will be picking up the tab for the complete evening.

Several of my friends have chipped in to buy me a gift even though I have insisted that I didn’t want anything other than their presence during my dinner.

A close friend who is VERY wealthy and made his money in renovating apt buildings came by my place last night to give me his gift.

He gave me a card, stating that his gift is to be my handy man helping me complete a few small tasks around me house.

He has offered as gift 10 hours of his help.

I’m not sure what to think about this. Every time he comes over lately he drinks half a bottle of my booze, rants about his ex-wife and his adventures with hookers. After a while I get fed-up and must cut off the booze and tell him I have to get to sleep so he’s got to leave. When we are out he never behaves this way and is actually fun.

Any advice on how to handle this gift and situation.

by Anonymousreply 1011/26/2012

Anon10 here, btw I really dont need anything done around the house, maybe hang acurtain rod or help wallpapaer the powderroom?

by Anonymousreply 1111/26/2012

Turned off the phone, pulled the covers up, and wept.

by Anonymousreply 1211/26/2012

My friends have insinuated they're planning something major for my 60'th (next year). I've always been notorious about no personal birthday celebrations (well for the last 30 years or so). I may just let them have their way this time. At this age you never know if you'll be around for the next one.

by Anonymousreply 1311/26/2012

r10, donate his "gift card" to a charity that needs volunteer time and you both go together. win-win-win for the three of you!

by Anonymousreply 1411/26/2012

I don't bother with birthdays. My job took me all over the world so I've had birthdays while in Australia, Austria, Puerto Rico, Portugal, Hawaii, Diego Garcia, etc. Being in wonderful places and meeting interesting people was enough. No need to celebrate birthdays. Maybe when I reach 75 or 90.

by Anonymousreply 1511/26/2012

Usually go somewhere warm (March BD) - Nevis, Côte d'Azur, Barcelona, Ile des Saintes.

by Anonymousreply 1611/26/2012

Gang Bang, double anal.

by Anonymousreply 1711/26/2012

Tried to squeeze into hostess pants some bitch gave me.

by Anonymousreply 1811/26/2012

r10 What kind of cheap ass gift is that?

I would just not take him up on his offer, sounds like it would be less trouble to just hire someone.

by Anonymousreply 1911/26/2012

"My friends have insinuated they're planning something major for my 60'th"

Some people appreciate this kind of gesture, but I am always an old grump about it and refuse to play along. I don't mind celebrating other people's birthdays but do not like having a fuss made about mine.

by Anonymousreply 2011/26/2012

I did crack and got myself fucked up the ass by about 10 marginal characters for my 50th. All in a weekend, all in a cheap motel room.

No, not HIV+. Not proud of what I did.

by Anonymousreply 2111/26/2012

one time the office gave me a cake one day late. Then later they bought me one at a restaurant even though it wasn't my birthday.

by Anonymousreply 2211/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!