Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jennie Garth for Keurig Coffeee Brewing System

Their coffee and tea is actually pretty good. They have them all over my workplace.

by Anonymousreply 3710/08/2012

how I hate those machines. Completely wasteful and they brew awful coffee. my office had one. How hard is it to boil water and pour it over a filter? Oh but then you don't get the little steaming neon light show I guess.

The only thing more annoying than the waste is the name. Watching jennie G say 'kyEURig' over and over makes my teeth hurt.

by Anonymousreply 103/21/2012

How are they wasteful?

by Anonymousreply 203/21/2012

r2 they generate buckets of waste plastic every day.

by Anonymousreply 303/21/2012

The cups aren't recyclable, to my knowledge.

I have one, though, and it's great for a family or company, especially on a cold winter's day. Some people want coffee, some others want hot apple cider, some people want tea and everybody gets what they want in a few seconds. Nothing to wash, either, and the quality of the coffee can really vary. If you think the coffee's too weak, you can always make it a little stronger by brewing the smaller-sized cup. I get the Starbucks and Green Mountain flavors, and my morning coffee is at least as good as the kind you buy in a coffee shop.

by Anonymousreply 403/21/2012

Coffee tastes like shit and they're not green machines. I like the Earl Grey tea. Also the hot chocolate leaves behind a chocolate taste.

by Anonymousreply 503/21/2012

I agree that the hot chocolate isn't that good. The aftertaste is something I hear about from a lot of people. I've only tried a couple of brands, though; I've heard some are better than others.

I don't really understand why the plastic cups can't be recycled. Something about the heat and the liner. Keurig devotes something like 10% of its profits to researching ways to be more green and hopefully finding a way to make the cups recyclable.

by Anonymousreply 603/21/2012

[quote]I don't really understand why the plastic cups can't be recycled.

FYI almost *no* plastic gets recycled. Some can't, like the K cups. Some can, technically, but it's so much cheaper to just make virgin plastic. There's no market for used plastic so most of it gets landfilled.

by Anonymousreply 703/21/2012

Jennie looks cute with that short hair do.

by Anonymousreply 803/22/2012

I knew the marriage was real when this horrible actress almost cried on Access Hollywood 2 days ago about her marriage. So whatever you say about her. That marriage was 100% real. That girl almost burst out crying when they mentioned the demise of it. She's a horrible interview. But seems like a real, honest, person. Oh yea, and when they asked if her new reality show was gonna be "real" she even said well "it's staged". Hah. Gotta love a real girl. Go Jennie.

by Anonymousreply 903/22/2012

Why does she say it's not available in stores yet???

by Anonymousreply 1003/22/2012

What does this new machine look like? How is it different from a regular Keurig?

by Anonymousreply 1103/22/2012

Yes, you can recycle the cups. I've made a video to show you how. Let me know if you like my videos and want me to make more!

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2012

I love my coffee from a french press. You can make small amounts easily. The taste and especially the body of the coffee is out of this world. It's probably the "greenest" way to go since the filter is wire mesh.

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2012

Here is the full infomercial with Jennie Garth. Adele is in it too.

by Anonymousreply 1403/22/2012

Have you tried the Aeropress, R13? I think it makes a better cup than even the french press. It's cheap, fast, and cleanup takes 5 seconds.

Hmm, maybe we need a separate coffee thread.

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2012

No, I haven't. Actually, I'd never heard of it until your post. I'll take a look at one next time I'm out shopping. I just got a new press for Christmas, so I probably won't be getting anything for a while.

by Anonymousreply 1603/22/2012

I get great coffee from my Keurig and it takes less than a minute. You can't beat it. The trick is finding the right coffee for you. There are about five coffees that I love. If you take the time to figure it out it's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 1703/22/2012

The name Kuerig is really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1803/22/2012

Just had more Keurig today at work. MMMMMMM GOOD!

by Anonymousreply 1903/23/2012

[quote] they generate buckets of waste plastic every day.

You can buy a reusable Kcup filter for it.

by Anonymousreply 2003/23/2012

I wasn't going to buy one but now that Jennie Garth is endorsing them I will rush right out to buy one. Her endorsement is golden!!

by Anonymousreply 2103/23/2012

Where Jennie Garth goes, so goes the nation.

by Anonymousreply 2203/23/2012

It's weird how she makes me really hate her while watching the Kelly-steals-Dylan-from-Brenda episodes of BH 90210, but she totally makes me love her in this infomercial. I can't drink coffee at work without thinking about her, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 2303/23/2012

I think she looks prettier now than she did back then.

by Anonymousreply 2403/23/2012

She does look good, even though I can just see the doctor sticking the needle filled with collagen into her face.

by Anonymousreply 2504/01/2012

Happy Birthday Jennie! I had a cup of Keurig coffee today at work just for you!

by Anonymousreply 2604/02/2012

She was terrific on "Dancing With The Stars". One the ones who just got better and better each week.

by Anonymousreply 2704/02/2012

They put the coffee that's "less than all that" in those little cups.

You know they do ….

The sell the good stuff as whole bean or vacuum packed grounds.

by Anonymousreply 2804/02/2012

BUMP FOR KEURIG!!

by Anonymousreply 2906/02/2012

Jennie's pretty good at handling rejection.

by Anonymousreply 3006/02/2012

R18, Hey!

by Anonymousreply 3106/02/2012

Keurig Users = drain bamaged

by Anonymousreply 3206/02/2012

Uckfay Uoyay, R32.

by Anonymousreply 3306/03/2012

Don't you hate the aftertaste of hot plastic in your coffee? No? And you're not bothered by the substandard beans, the expense and the wastefulness of non-recyclable cups? Well then by all means, use Keurig.

by Anonymousreply 3406/03/2012

Keurig is for people with poor cooking skills, too much money, and who wouldn't know good coffee from hot ditchwater.

by Anonymousreply 3506/03/2012

Has anyone seen Jennie nowadays? She's thin and gorgeous! After splitting with Peter, she decided to shed 30 lbs and start living life again. I'll bet her new man's ass won't smell like cheese popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 3610/07/2012

More likely, she lost 40 lbs from the breakup diet and then put back 10.

by Anonymousreply 3710/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.