Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

SEASON FINALE: The Walking Dead

Say buh-buh to the farm...

by Anonymousreply 14911/30/2012

Why won't cell phones work? Or walkie-talkies? Or CBs? Seems they have no contingency plan if the ever do get separated.

by Anonymousreply 103/18/2012

Andrea had better not bite it while Lori & Carl live. That chick is just as badass as Daryl!

by Anonymousreply 303/18/2012

So is Lori pissed that Rick killed Shane??

by Anonymousreply 403/18/2012

Well, R2, your "on-screen guide" is not being truthful. It is the season finale...no new episodes until October.

by Anonymousreply 503/18/2012

Andrea is now one of my favorite characters. In the beginning of the season, I was completely over her sulking. Now, she is good counterpoint to Carol's helplessness and Lori's ridiculous sense of entitlement. Andrea is has become more like Darryl and less like mouth-breathing, overreacting Shane.

Speaking of Lori being absolutely ridiculous, what the fuck was that reaction to her conversation with Rick about Shane? She needs to die.

by Anonymousreply 603/18/2012

I know, R4!! What the fuck was that?

by Anonymousreply 703/18/2012

Hell yes, Michonne!!!!

by Anonymousreply 803/18/2012

Michonne! That. Was. Awesome.

by Anonymousreply 903/18/2012

Zombies with no arms. Are they pets?

by Anonymousreply 1003/18/2012

Anyone know who the actress playing Michonne is?

by Anonymousreply 1103/18/2012

In a sense, R10.

*Spoiler-ish*

*Spoiler-ish*

Michonne has something in common with Hershel by keeping those armless zombies.

by Anonymousreply 1203/18/2012

Yeah, does anyone have gossip about Laurie Holden?

Is she strictly dickly, or what?

by Anonymousreply 1403/18/2012

So the armless, mouth plugged zombies are family.

by Anonymousreply 1503/18/2012

Laurie was the one who warned Rick that Shane was dangerous and now she's pissed off at Rick for killing him? Bitch needs to become zombie chow next season along with that little brat Carl.

by Anonymousreply 1603/18/2012

To the people asking about Laurie Holden pinging, aren't you just essentially saying her Andrea character pings?

by Anonymousreply 1703/18/2012

They just announced who will be playing Michonne.

I'm not familiar with her, but she looks like a younger Viola Davis. With her natural hair.

by Anonymousreply 1803/18/2012

Great episode, but the only one this season.

by Anonymousreply 2003/18/2012

Turning Carl into a zombie would've made great scene chewing material for Laurie and Rick. I would prefer to see Laurie as a zombie or just plain dead.

by Anonymousreply 2103/18/2012

Laurie Holden doesn't really ping in real life, but some of the characters she plays - Andrea and the police officer in Silent Hill - give off major lesbian vibes.

by Anonymousreply 2203/18/2012

Thanks fanlez! That cop on Silent Hill did ping. I couldn't remember why she looked so familiar, but yeah I remember her from S.H. now and as it turns out from the X-Files as well though I don't think she pinged in her role.

by Anonymousreply 2303/18/2012

I knew I was right about what the CDC guy said to Rick! Really enjoyed the episode, and that prison looks scary as hell.

by Anonymousreply 2403/18/2012

"Anyone know who the actress playing Michonne is?"

It's none other than Joan Collins!

by Anonymousreply 2503/18/2012

Laurie Holden was also the school teacher in Darbont's"The Mist" along with a bunch of other Walking Dead regulars.

by Anonymousreply 2603/18/2012

I'm really looking forward to the group getting to the prison. It is deliciously fucked up in the comics. I hope the show does right by it.

by Anonymousreply 2703/18/2012

On the Talking Dead, it sounded as though Glen Mazzara confirmed the Walking Dead blind item about a character being killed off because of the actor pitching a fit over Frank Darabont's departure. People speculated it was Jeffrey DeMunn (Dale). Mazzara said tonight that Jimmy, rather than Dale, was supposed to be the one killed by the walker that Carl taunted. Yet, it seems like Dale would have bit it in the finale anyway if he was the one driving the RV.

by Anonymousreply 2803/18/2012

Am I the only one who is worried things are going to get a lot more comic-booky? One of the things I love about the show is its realism (all things considered) and a hooded chick with a sword and two armless zombies on chains seemed a bit over the top.

by Anonymousreply 2903/18/2012

[quote]One of the things I love about the show is its realism (all things considered) and a hooded chick with a sword and two armless zombies on chains seemed a bit over the top.

I feel exactly the opposite. I'm glad they've left their futile attempt to play it realistically and moved into a more comic book feeling. It needs to be over the top to be good as far I'm concerned.

The last 3 episodes have been better than the rest of the first 2 seasons combined.

by Anonymousreply 3003/18/2012

I kind of like Carol as Daryl's biker chick.

And MICHONNE!

She's going to teach the rest of those whiny bitches what being tough is all about!

by Anonymousreply 3103/18/2012

Huh, R30, I totally and completely disagree with you.

Either way, I'm curious to see where it goes from here.

by Anonymousreply 3203/18/2012

I'm kind of a newb, so this is probably a ridiculous question: are the zombies really the problem?

by Anonymousreply 3303/18/2012

R31, I'm in total agreement about Carol and Daryl. They are a lot more interesting than skanky Lori and boring Rick. I'm totally done with them and find Carol/Daryl extremely intriguing. Can't wait for Michonne to kick ass next October. Would love to see Andrea become Michonne's girl (in place of the guy in the comics, can't remember his name). Unless they are going to get Michonne and T-Dog to hook up.

by Anonymousreply 3403/19/2012

You're catching on r33.

Who are the walking dead? The zombies or the survivors?

Just wait until next season when we meet "The Governor"

Here's the comic book entrance of Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 3503/19/2012

Carl just needs to die already. Worthless kid caused the season to get bogged down at the farm by getting shot in Ep 1, taunted the zombie and got Dale killed then shot Shane awakening the zombie masses.

I REALLY hate that kid. And hate Lori even more for NEVER keeping an eye on him then blaming everyone and everything else when things happen to him.

Oh, and Carol's point on the show? It was whining about Sophia for the first half of the season, now it's to cower in terror and nearly get Andrea killed. Can the zombies please take her out? Carl first, Lori then Carol.

by Anonymousreply 3603/19/2012

The kids were annoying, omg!

by Anonymousreply 3803/19/2012

The whole season was awesome and built up beautifully to this finale. Those who think it was too slow just don't get it. Over use of constant herd zombie attacks will talke the impact out of it. They really evolved many of the characters. Go back to watching MTV shows. By the way those queens who keep complaining about how bad the show is..PLEASE STOP WATCHING...NO ONE IS FORCING YOU.

by Anonymousreply 3903/19/2012

I like kids just fine, r37 but that Carl is a little asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4003/19/2012

It's funny that Michonne looked more "comic-booky" on the show tonight than she does in the actual comic book (based on r35's link). Either way, she's an exciting addition to the show.

by Anonymousreply 4103/19/2012

{r40} asshole kid makes for lots of storytelling Good kid who stays in his room makes for boring. Can't win with you people. You complain about Lori being an asshole, but it's part of the STORY. Good storytelling should have characters that you hate. DUH!

by Anonymousreply 4203/19/2012

R37 get over yourself. Carl is ANNOYING and keeps putting everyone in jeopardy. That's why I hate him. He also never learns any lessons from his actions.

Bad child actor too.

by Anonymousreply 4303/19/2012

On the Talking Dead, Robert Kirkman announced they've cast Michonne for S3 (since we didn't see her face with Andrea at the end). The character will be portrayed by Treme‘s Danai Gurira.

by Anonymousreply 4403/19/2012

They are publishing Michonne's origin story in April's Playboy.

by Anonymousreply 4503/19/2012

The episode was good despite some major flaws laurie's strange reaction to her husband telling he killed a man and when they all got separated and magically reunited after commerical...

by Anonymousreply 4603/19/2012

Wow, what a fan-fucking-tastic episode. Overall, I'd have to deem the entire season (all 13 episodes) a success. The good episodes more than made up for the crap!

[quote] Zombies with no arms. Are they pets?

Ha. Michonne looks like she just came from the post-apocaplyptic gay bar, where she grabbed two (shirtless!) twinks, and used the collars that were probably already around their necks.

However, I'm sure she uses them to deflect other zombies, by disguising herself with their zombie smell.

I loved that whole scene. It was (for lack of a better word) FIERCE!

I'm happy a lot of things were resolved in the finale, like Rick telling them what Jenner said at the CDC, and Rick admitting why he killed Shane, and indeed, the whole plot of the second to the last episode.

I'm so sad that Jimmy the twink got chewed to pieces, along with that lady with the bags under her eyes. I would have kept Jimmy and dumped Carl. Carl sucks donkey dick, and the lines they give that actor are horrendous! So not believeable for a child to behave the way he does.

That zombie invasion was the most intense attack since last season when the mountain camp got over-run. It was so crazy! I thought Andrea was a goner, but it's a good thing Michonne found her.

The ending was also well done. Wtf is up with Carol whispering in Daryl's ear? She's quite the troublemaker, isn't she?

Lori's reaction to Rick killing Shane, makes you wonder if when she apologized to him in the last episode, and said "thank you" for rescuing her and Carl, that it was her way of saying that he was right all along. And she was on the verge of rekindling their romance, perhaps?

I loved the expressions on everyone's faces, when Rick declared Martial Law. TBone and Daryl didn't look too happy about it.

Man, October is such a long way away!

by Anonymousreply 4703/19/2012

I agree that the kid playing Carl is a good actor and that, while his and Laurie's characters can be annoying they are essential to the show. Some of you critics don't understand storytelling at all.

And the long take where Laurie was in the BG reacting to Rick telling her about Shane was great.

Definitely a strong finale.

by Anonymousreply 4803/19/2012

I thought Laurie got upset because it was Carl who had to shoot Zombie Shane. That particular detail seemed to send her over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 4903/19/2012

Yeah Laurie's reaction was sort of vague. She was upset about Shane (Rick was upset too, he just killed his best friend) but the reaction about Carl shooting Shane could have been about Carl and the use of guns.

I think the kid who plays Carl is a bad actor the only reason he was cast is because he really looks like Laurie.

by Anonymousreply 5003/19/2012

Yeah what r49/r50 said - Lori only got angry when Rick told her that Carl had to put Shane down - before that she was bewildered by hearing what Shane did but not particularly angry. It was hearing what her son had to do that made her react.

Not that I can't wait for Lori to die, mind you, but y'all seemed to be misreading the way that scene played out.

I think the show has gotten better as this season's gone along, it was nigh unwatchable last year, and I do appreciate that it allows some characters to be extremely unlikable and I don't think that's entirely due to poor acting/writing choices (although Jon Bernthal was an awful actor and I am glad to be rid of him). I hope we get to see more of Carol's cuntiness, and I liked the Lady MacBeth thing they tried to do with Lori for a hot minute.

by Anonymousreply 5103/19/2012

I wish I could have heard Michonne's voice.

At least they gave T-Dogg some lines. I think that was the first thing he said this half of the season.

They still have some real stereotype problems. They only two black people on the show are a guy who's named like a rap star and now, a militant black woman who scares the fuck outta everyone.

You can tell this show is written by old white men.

by Anonymousreply 5203/19/2012

R37, I'm not gay and I cannot stand Lori and Carl. Every episode I wished they'd be the next to die. Many of my straight friends feel the same.

R48, I think most of the critics understand storytelling, it's not a hard concept to grasp really. What people are complaining about is the people portraying these characters. These parts could be done so much better with just a few tweaks to the writing and the acting.

by Anonymousreply 5303/19/2012

[quote]although Jon Bernthal was an awful actor and I am glad to be rid of him

He did fill out a pair of pants nicely.

by Anonymousreply 5403/19/2012

I think Bernthal learned in acting school to show frustrating by running his hand over his newly-bald head.

by Anonymousreply 5503/19/2012

Hershel is really growing on me, for a minute it looked like he was dead meat until Rick shot the zombie that was behind Hershel.

I don't blame Rick for finally going off on them, he is under a lot of pressure.

Too many annoying characters though: Carl, Lori, Carol, and the daughter that is dating Glen all get on my nerves. Did they purposely pick an annoying kid to play Carl?

by Anonymousreply 5603/19/2012

Why oh why did they not let the zombies chow down on the annoying Carol?

I might have hand-fed that tiresome, useless bitch to a walker.

by Anonymousreply 5703/19/2012

Can somebody tell me what Carol said when Daryl asked her what she wanted?

by Anonymousreply 5803/19/2012

Those of you going on about others not knowing anything about "story telling" have a point, but you can't ignore apparently hundreds of thousands if not millions of viewers who're annoyed by the kid on this show.

I don't think it's the character people are reacting to at all, it's the actor. He has an irritating presence, nothing about him seems childlike, he delivers his lines as if he's playing some stoic dame on Broadway. He's somehow become convinced he's one of the adults and seems like he's trying too hard to be a "serious" actor.

I'd say all the bitching about him is justified, even if pointless.

by Anonymousreply 5903/19/2012

I am a huge horror fan, and found the finale to be pretty intense! So glad that a show like this is playing on tv.

Admittedly, I was worried at the beginning of the season - when news leaked that Frank Darabont had left the show because he didn't like the way the show was taking shape. I love Frank because of "The Mist".

Then, the next 7-8 episodes just kind of limped along. Of course, these were all character development episodes with a zombie or two thrown in. But these last 3 episodes? Wow! I thought it was a ballsy move to have two main characters die in two episodes in a row. And the finale... it was just mass chaos. And I loved it.

Can't wait for Season 3 now!

by Anonymousreply 6003/19/2012

I think the woman playing Lori is a much more annoying than the kid playing Carl.

by Anonymousreply 6103/19/2012

They've got years of story to go on this series just to catch up.

Michonne is introduced in Issue No. 19 of the comic which is currently at issue No. 94.

Michonne is still going strong in print as the group's resident badass. Not that it means anything because Sophia is still alive in the comic and already dead on the TV series.

Here's our girl Danai Gurira

by Anonymousreply 6203/19/2012

[quote]Then, the next 7-8 episodes just kind of limped along. Of course, these were all character development episodes with a zombie or two thrown in.

Unfortunately the only character that actually developed in those episodes was Herschel. The others mostly sat around, bitched at each other, and whined a lot.

by Anonymousreply 6303/19/2012

R58 - Carol told Daryl that she wanted a man with honor. I guess she thinks that Rick now has no honor because he kept certain things from the group.

by Anonymousreply 6403/19/2012

In the comic, Dale was bitten by a walker goes to the woods to die but is then kidnapped by a group of cannibals who eat his leg.

Rick and the group exact bloody revenge on the cannibals (who have been tracking the group) by killing and mutilating them.

I think this happens during the prison sequence.

by Anonymousreply 6503/19/2012

r39, well stated.

I am in awe of this show.

And I wish I had waited to watch until all were recorded. It probably plays so much better if you watch without LONG interruptions (thanks AMC and rating$ rea$ons!).

Anyway, the BEST scripted show. The acting is superb. Everything led up to the end beautifully.

Loved Shane but understood the need for his death. How can you not like Rick? What this character is going through?

Lori--pain in the ass, but beautifully written.

Last night's episode was masterful work.

I only wish the same creators could get Swan Song produced!

by Anonymousreply 6603/19/2012

As long as they end the prison storyline the same way they do in the comics then I'll be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 6703/19/2012

I love you R66! What a great idea - make Swan Song into a tv series. That would be epic.

Loved the finale of Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 6803/19/2012

spoiler alert please r67.

But WOW!!!

Also, give the kid who plays Carl a break. I'm thinking he and his acting coach were told to act adult-like.

It's a fucking apocalypse, right? Kids will grow up pretty fast.

by Anonymousreply 6903/19/2012

Me too R67 but I wonder if they would take the chance of killing a baby. But I don't care, as long as Lori gets it.

by Anonymousreply 7003/19/2012

[quote]am in awe of this show.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 7103/19/2012

That's after the prison r65.

And r67, dead Sophia is still alive in the comic, so there is no sure thing when it comes to these character's fates.

They haven't even introduced the twins which were HUGE in the character development of Carl. Maybe they're too afraid to go there.

by Anonymousreply 7203/19/2012

Spoil the twins and Carl, please.

by Anonymousreply 7303/19/2012

[quote] He has an irritating presence, nothing about him seems childlike, he delivers his lines as if he's playing some stoic dame on Broadway. He's somehow become convinced he's one of the adults

That's what has happened to the character. He has to be an adult before he's ready.

by Anonymousreply 7403/19/2012

Chris Hardwicke that hosts the Talking Dead show is so ridiculously nerdy cute. Is he not a gay?

by Anonymousreply 7503/19/2012

I'm another fan of Chris Hardwick. He's evidently straight, however.

by Anonymousreply 7603/19/2012

They said on the Talking Dead that they were gonna kill off Herschel this season, too.

I have a feeling the tv show will play fast and loose with the characters, unlike the comic.

by Anonymousreply 7703/19/2012

r29 I was going to say the same thing about Michonne's appearance being a little too comic-booky. I'm going to assume, and hope, that she drops the outfit and zombies and becomes more real.

by Anonymousreply 7803/19/2012

I LOVED last night's episode. It was thrilling. I thought for sure, at different points, that Herschel, Carol, and Andrea were goners.

When Andrea was fighting the last 3 zombies off at the end I was certain she was the final victim because no one "major" had died.

Was the daughter of Herschel's that died the one who'd wanted to commit suicide earlier in the season? I can't tell the blondes apart.

The dark haired daughter that likes Glen could be heard going into her natural English accent when she was upset in the car.

I don't hate Carl like others do, but Lori is getting annoying.

I wish the show produced more episodes per season!

by Anonymousreply 7903/19/2012

[quote]Was the daughter of Herschel's that died the one who'd wanted to commit suicide earlier in the season? I can't tell the blondes apart.

No, his daughters survived. The one that died was Patricia. She was married to Otis.

by Anonymousreply 8003/19/2012

The finale pulled in a record 9 million viewers.

by Anonymousreply 8103/19/2012

Thanks, R80. How is Otis connected to Herschel? I can't remember. Also how is the guy in the bus that was killed connected as well?

by Anonymousreply 8203/19/2012

Nice, those numbers are good enough for network. Hopefully this will help AMC loosen the purse strings for Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 8303/19/2012

WOW! That finale was fucking AMAZING! Loved it!

I have a few questions though.. couldn't they have looked through the abandoned cars on the highway for gas, food and ammo? I mean.. there must have been some left, right?

by Anonymousreply 8403/19/2012

I have checked with friends who have worked with him, and Chris Hardwick is (unfortunately) not gay. He is also in his 40s. Jesus, he isn't aging!

by Anonymousreply 8503/19/2012

BTW.. can we PLEASE keep spoilers out of this thread for people not reading the comics? I now know two HUGE plots for the next season.. and I never asked about it..

by Anonymousreply 8603/19/2012

[quote]Spoil the twins and Carl, please.

***COMIC BOOK SPOILER***

One of the early family's with the group (who should be with them now) are Allen and Donna and their twin sons Billy and Ben

The twins are a couple years younger than Carl.

The twins are adopted by Dale and Andrea after their parents die.

After the prison, on the road to D.C., Ben brutally slaughters his twin brother Billy, convinced that no matter what happens, people will always come back after they die. The group debates killing Ben to protect themselves, but takes no immediate action. In the night, Carl sneaks into the van where Ben is locked up, and executes him. They are buried side by side.

Although Carl acts cold about what he's done to Ben, it is revealed later on that he's still haunted by what happened and cries every night over what he's done. He remembers when he came in, Ben was more afraid of not having him as a playmate, showing his lack of understanding. Carl admits he liked Ben, he was his friend but he did what he did because it had to be done.

Now they could still have this family show up next season at the prison to start this story.

Don't know if they dare to go there with a TV series.

by Anonymousreply 8703/19/2012

[quote]How is Otis connected to Herschel? I can't remember. Also how is the guy in the bus that was killed connected as well?

I think Otis was just the farmhand. And Jimmy was dating Beth (H's blonde daughter).

[quote]I have a few questions though.. couldn't they have looked through the abandoned cars on the highway for gas, food and ammo? I mean.. there must have been some left, right?

They raided those already when Sophia ran off.

and r86, no one is spoiling anything. We don't know what's going to happen in season 3. People have mentioned what's happened in the comics which is no certainty that it'll be on the show. In the comics, Shane was dead long ago, and Dale and Andrea had hooked up and were a couple.

by Anonymousreply 8803/19/2012

Would it be possible to make a new thread, spoiler free? just asking..

by Anonymousreply 8903/19/2012

[quote]I have a few questions though.. couldn't they have looked through the abandoned cars on the highway for gas, food and ammo? I mean.. there must have been some left, right?

They already raided those cars during the days they lingered there looking for Sophia.

by Anonymousreply 9003/19/2012

With that prison right over the hill, Rick's dictatorship won't be long-lived.

by Anonymousreply 9103/19/2012

It's too bad NBC didn't land this show.

With the awesome ratings it gets, it could have been a big win for a sucky network.

by Anonymousreply 9203/19/2012

Is the black guy and his kid from the first episode ever going to show up again?

Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 9303/19/2012

I would assume he will, r93.

But if he does, T-Dogg will be out.

by Anonymousreply 9403/19/2012

Otis was not a farmhand, he was married to Patricia.

by Anonymousreply 9503/19/2012

From what I recall, Otis was a neighbor who moved in to Herschel's farmhouse with his wife, Patricia.

Both, zombie fodder. BTW, the actress playing Patricia said in an interview how disturbing it was to film the scene of her being devoured. She said she was still shaking after the scene was shot. I probably would be too, given the fact that it was at night, n'at.

by Anonymousreply 9603/20/2012

Interesting, R96. Plus the extras were probably really into the moment, making the whole thing feel much more real.

Totally unrelated to Walking Dead, but related to being killed on-screen - I recall an actor who was on Deadwood talking about a co-star being shaken by playing out her on-screen murder. The character has her throat slit and, before the scene was shot, she was talking to the prop master about the razor being used. He said the real thing would have been so sharp that if she was really having her throat slit, she probably wouldn't feel anything except her own blood pouring out of her. When they filmed the scene, that is essentially what happened - all she felt was the fake blood pouring down her chest. Her co-star/"murderer" said she was rather shaken up by it and they were both thankful it only took one take.

Sorry for the tangent! Back to the zombies...

by Anonymousreply 9703/20/2012

Amazed how all these civilians manage to shoot all those direct hits to the head while running, jumping, and hanging out of moving cars in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 9803/20/2012

Agree about Carl. Waste of skin as a character and an actor.

by Anonymousreply 9903/20/2012

[quote]With the awesome ratings it gets, it could have been a big win for a sucky network.

Fuck the networks.

I'm glad it's on AMC.

by Anonymousreply 10003/20/2012

[quote] Fuck the networks. I'm glad it's on AMC.

I WAS glad it was on AMC, until the network started cheaping out on the show.

I can't believe that Walking Dead is probably one of the highest rated cable shows ever, and instead of investing money back into the show, it's throwing cash at stupid shows like "Hell on Wheels" and "The Killing," which NOBODY is watching.

I just don't get how these million dollar Hollywood execs think. It's not fucking rocket science.

Good show = more money invested. Bad show = cancellation. What the fuck DOESN'T AMC get?

by Anonymousreply 10103/20/2012

Would R84/86/89 please go the fuck away and stop whining and bitching about spoilers??

Start a new thread, Mary or shut the fuck up and let people talk in peace.

by Anonymousreply 10203/20/2012

I agree that people should warn for spoilers.

What's hard about that?

by Anonymousreply 10303/20/2012

R103 - People are asking for them, others are posting storylines, "spoilers" etc. from the comic books and nearly everyone IS warning you before they posting something which may or may not be a spoiler.

Why not start your own thread and note is as Spoiler Free? This thread has been an open discussion from the begining.

What's so hard about avoiding this thread and starting your own?

by Anonymousreply 10403/20/2012

R101 - If NBC had this how they would have cancelled it (see Southland) and it wouldn't have nearly the level of gore.

Besides, 9 million viewers is impressive for cable but you need at least twice as many viewers to be considered a hit on the 3 networks.

By the way, "Hell on Wheels" is a GREAT show, just as good as WD and Mad Men, they're different type of shows so it's foolish to compare. I agree with you about The Killing.

by Anonymousreply 10603/20/2012

R104 as if that would keep spoilers out.

People like yourself, with no consideration, would be there in droves.

Still hard to comprehend?

by Anonymousreply 10703/20/2012

R107 - I'm beginning to realize the only person who can't comprehend the obvious here is you.

Your incessant whining and making a nuisance of yourself is unwelcome/unwanted and irritating for everyone.

Don't want spoilers? Start your own thread or go elsewhere. Nobody's asked you to be the thread hall monitor.

by Anonymousreply 10803/20/2012

SPOILER ALERT: Next season a character we all know will be EATEN BY A ZOMBIE!!! END SPOILER ALERT

by Anonymousreply 11003/20/2012

SPOILER ALERT:

The Walking Dead is set in the PRESENT DAY!

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 11103/20/2012

More importantly, why is AMC tying up weekday nights with CSI Miami?

by Anonymousreply 11203/20/2012

People are posting 'spoilers' from the comic books. The writers for the television show are playing very loose with the comic books.

What's the big deal?

by Anonymousreply 11303/20/2012

I've come across this site right after Dale's death episode.

I love it!

I say spoil on, its not like they are following the comic book to a T anyway.

OR

if someone starts a current spoiler thread; please alert here so I may follow.

Agree with the posts about Laurie & Carl being annoying as ever.

by Anonymousreply 11403/20/2012

R109 - Nobody gives a shit about your "polite requests".

Why should we have to abide by what YOU want when you refuse to initiate your own thread.

Start your own thread, go to another discussion someplace else or fuck off.

Let me guess, you're also one of those mommies who demand rules barring peanut butter when you check your kids into a new school, right?

Find your own space and stop hanging around where you aren't wanted.

by Anonymousreply 11503/20/2012

Right, R101. The money AMC put into that lousy comic book reality show could've gone to Walking Dead. Seriously, comic books? Was a reality show about baseball cards already taken?

by Anonymousreply 11603/20/2012

Shows based on comic books = OK.

Shows about comic books = Not OK.

by Anonymousreply 11803/20/2012

[quote]Besides, 9 million viewers is impressive for cable but you need at least twice as many viewers to be considered a hit on the 3 networks.

The Walking Dead's ratings aren't "impressive" for cable, they're record-breaking.

But none of the major networks would allow anywhere near as much gore.

by Anonymousreply 11903/20/2012

WDs ratings are big, even for network tv.

by Anonymousreply 12003/20/2012

So what's the deal with Daryl and Carol? Are they fucking or what?

by Anonymousreply 12103/21/2012

They're not fucking. I see, however, the potential for the writers to substitute Darryl for a character that's in the comics; a character that connects Carol with the newly introduced Michonne. Doing so would involve making Darryl and Carol lovers.

That being said, they probably won't do that. Norman Reedus has said that Darryl is supposed to be a profoundly damaged character - both physically and emotionally. He doesn't think Darryl is capable of being intimate with anyone, physically (he can't stand to be touched) or emotionally (to do so would make him vulnerable).

As for Carol, she is the victim of an abusive husband. I think Darryl makes her feel safe and I think she would do just about anything to stay with him because of that.

by Anonymousreply 12203/21/2012

[quote] Norman Reedus has said that Darryl is supposed to be a profoundly damaged character - both physically and emotionally. He doesn't think Darryl is capable of being intimate with anyone, physically (he can't stand to be touched) or emotionally (to do so would make him vulnerable).

I think that the show would definitely jump the shark if Daryl got involved with another character. I just can't see him being all lovey dovey with someone. It would destroy a perfectly "damaged" character, and in fact they need someone like Daryl on their team, to help keep them safe. He has no qualms about taking out an enemy.

by Anonymousreply 12303/21/2012

R93 and R94 - in the graphic novels, Morgan and Duane do indeed show up again (they're the father and son who first met Rick after he escaped from the hospital), but not for a looooong time after. The writers of the show could deviate from that plotline, though; they seem to be taking a lot of artistic liberty with the graphic novels so far. :p

R122 and R123, I could totally see Daryl finding a common bond with Michonne down the line and getting involved with her. Both of them have been very emotionally and physically damaged by their experiences, yet they are both extraordinarily tough and protective of the people around them. IMO they would find common ground in a world that is, has been, and is going to be falling apart very rapidly all around them.

Not sure if I see that same bond with Carol, but I could see her getting jealous vs. Michonne as she did with Tyreese in the GN.

by Anonymousreply 12403/21/2012

I don't know if it was in the comic book but it seems that Daryl was sexually as well as emotionally and physically abused by his brother. That hallucination scene in the woods earlier this season was fraught with psycho-sexual implications.

by Anonymousreply 12503/21/2012

Darryl is a completely original character to the TV series; he doesn't appear in the comics. You're right, though, R125.

Reedus has said that Darryl is supposed to have been, at least, severely physically and emotionally abused by someone. He pointed to the scene where Carol brought Darryl dinner while he is recuperating from his wounds. He said the reason why Darryl covered himself so quickly with the blanket was to indicate that his body is badly scarred from beatings and he is ashamed of it. Though Reedus didn't specifically name Merle as Darryl's abuser, given the hallucination you mentioned, it seems likely that we're to believe that it was him.

by Anonymousreply 12603/21/2012

Are there any gay characters in The Walking Dead comics, or is that an absolute no no in the straight boys comic world?

by Anonymousreply 12703/21/2012

R127 - **GRAPHIC NOVEL SPOILER** I think there is a lesbian couple in later issues of the comics (like, way, WAY past the prison scene), and there may be one gay man, too IIRC, but I can't remember.

Damn it, now I've gotta dust off those things and give'em a read.

by Anonymousreply 12803/21/2012

R122, I've read the comics and think it plausible that Daryl might end up being a pseudo-Tyreese stand-in with whom Carol obsesses. Wondering where the writers will be taking their storyline, but it will be interesting to see.

It could be a one-sided thing where Daryl wouldn't reciprocate his feelings, and maybe even find a "relationship" with Carol to be distasteful. Given Carol's neediness in the comics, though (and, apparently, in the show as well), I could so see her throwing herself at Daryl, and Daryl totally brushing her off (mostly out of fear of physical/emotional intimacy, but also out of plain being freaked out that Carol's wanting to cling onto him so much.

Now that we're on the subject of Daryl and Carol, was it just me, or did Carol's whole bit to Daryl about Rick not being a "man of honor" ring really hollow? It seemed out of character for her and also out of situation--why she or more characters didn't have more of an immediate moment of "holy crap, you mean we all become zombies after we die?? Does that mean we've gotta kill *each other* in the end??" just didn't seem plausible to me. Oh well--I am not the show's writer, so I digress...

by Anonymousreply 12903/21/2012

In the finale, it was a little stupid to drive the van up to the barn, get Rick and Carl on top and then just open the door.

Wouldn't you try to drive away from the zombies?

by Anonymousreply 13003/24/2012

[quote] Now that we're on the subject of Daryl and Carol, was it just me, or did Carol's whole bit to Daryl about Rick not being a "man of honor" ring really hollow? It seemed out of character for her and also out of situation--why she or more characters didn't have more of an immediate moment of "holy crap, you mean we all become zombies after we die??

I totally agree. More lazy writing. It seems like the writers don't always know what the most realistic response to particular situations should be. It actually happens quite a bit throughout the show.

[quote] In the finale, it was a little stupid to drive the van up to the barn, get Rick and Carl on top and then just open the door.

I totally agree. And it adds fuel to the fire that the show seems to be the Rick & Lori show, and everybody else is peripheral and disposable. It's no wonder people are beginning to turn against them.

I really hate when the show becomes all about Lori and HER needs, and everybody else could just go to hell.

Oh, and btw, did anyone else chuckle that all the Walkers were wearing coats? Did they happen to stop at Macy's on the way to the farm? Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 13103/25/2012

And why are all the zombies fully dressed? Realistically, many of them would be in various stages of undress or completely naked. In the book 'World War Z' this was how it was done.

by Anonymousreply 13203/25/2012

For those of you that like it when the show is mostly focused on zombie killing...

Do you also play first person shooter games?

I was just wondering.

It's hard for me to watch that stuff...

Also, if Doc Herschel has lived in that area and been a vet I am a little surprised he doesn't know of a house they can crash at on the road.

by Anonymousreply 13303/25/2012

When they were on the highway Herschel did say he knew a few places to hide out. But the group headed east trying to put distance between themselves and the walkers.

by Anonymousreply 13403/25/2012

One of the producers hinted that they may include Tyreese, later on.

I guess we'll spend the next two years at the prison.

I hope I don't have to bail on this show, but seeing how slow the first part of this season was, I'm very worried that the same will happen next season.

by Anonymousreply 13503/25/2012

Fuck you, R136. Seriously. Go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 13703/28/2012

Oh R136, either you are a troll (-1/10 in that case) or you're the crazy one. You're surprised that people here are griping about Lori? The dislike for Lori is so pervasive that is has become a meme-generating machine. It's not just DLers that can't stand her, it's the whole internets.

by Anonymousreply 13803/28/2012

Sneak peak at Michonne from EW magazine.

by Anonymousreply 13905/24/2012

I finally read the graphic novels last week.

Holy fuck.

Grim doesn't even begin to describe them.

by Anonymousreply 14005/24/2012

Carl's just now hitting puberty (it seems - the kid is taller). Let's see how adult he is when he looks like a goon and has enough zits to rival a Walker's torn-up flesh.

by Anonymousreply 14205/24/2012

I can't believe all the Carl hate.

The actor is great.

Haven't you all read any other apocalyptic work before? The child usually represents the humanity that remains inside all of us. Herschel all but says that and I think the other old dude did too.

by Anonymousreply 14305/31/2012

In the season finale as Carol was running around and screaming like an idiot I screamed at the tv "Carol! Get your shit together, Carol!" like Kristen Wiig says to that chick in BRIDESMAIDS.

by Anonymousreply 14406/07/2012

Does anyone else hope that Jared Harris from Mad Men shows up in a zombie cameo?

by Anonymousreply 14506/07/2012

New pics from the upcoming season:

by Anonymousreply 14606/15/2012

[quote] Does anyone else hope that Jared Harris from Mad Men shows up in a zombie cameo?

That would be magnificent!

by Anonymousreply 14706/15/2012

SyFy channel just played The Mist and I hadn't seen it in a couple of years. Was watching it and wondering where I recognized one of the actresses from, and then when two more familiar faces showed up, it all came together.

The actors that play Dale, Andrea, and Carol all worked with Frank Darabont on The Mist, and he hired them again for Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 14806/26/2012

"Am I the only one who is worried things are going to get a lot more comic-booky? One of the things I love about the show is its realism (all things considered) and a hooded chick with a sword and two armless zombies on chains seemed a bit over the top."

It's really not that over the top at all. The reason she has the walker's get's explained later on in the series. It is actually very more realistic than it is comic-book oriented. But i guess if your close-minded about thing's then it's harder to understand more complex thing's in nature.

by Anonymousreply 14911/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.