Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Watching Carrie

A DL favorite!

The whole country has turned into one big "Margaret White"!

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 7810/04/2013

"You eat SHIT!!!"

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 103/15/2012

I can see your dirty pillows!!!

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 203/15/2012

If Miss Collins just let Sue tell her about the pig blood bucket - this is all could have been avoided!

Fucking Betty Buckley!

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 303/15/2012

I am watching it now, and I have a question. Chris starts hatching her plan to get Carrie before Tommy has even asked Carrie to the prom.Is there a missing scene where Chris finds out that Tommy is going to ask Carrie?

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 403/25/2012

Look out for the shot of William Katt's hard-on through his jeans in the library. I heard years ago that he had a piss boner when they filmed that scene.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 503/25/2012

They'll all laugh at you!

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 603/25/2012

R4, I haven't seen it in awhile but that may be why many people think Sue and Tommy were in on the plot to humilate Carrie. A lot of reviews at the time indicated it was unlikely that high school kids could have pulled off such a complex conspiracy. I say those reviewers had no clue how nasty high schoolers can be.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 703/26/2012

R6, if you're gonna quote the movie, do it properly.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 803/26/2012

Eve was weak.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 903/26/2012

"Plug it up! Plug it up!"

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 1003/26/2012

I love Priscilla Pointer's facial expression when she answers the door, which is basically "oh shit, it's that crazy Margaret White. What the fuck is she bothering me for?" That one little expression just says it all.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 1103/26/2012

[quote] love Priscilla Pointer's facial expression when she answers the door, which is basically "oh shit, it's that crazy Margaret White. What the fuck is she bothering me for?" That one little expression just says it all.

and negates Marin Mazzie's whole character interpretation....see she is thought of as strange to everyone else Marin!!!

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 1203/26/2012

There's (another) remake in the works with that fugly girl from "Hugo". Apparently kids today don't watch anything made before 1990, unless it's Star Wars.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 1303/27/2012

R13, I don't believe it, but supposedly sticking to the book.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 1403/27/2012

I can't believe Hollywood wants to remake this classic. The movie is darn near perfect. They'll never improve upon it. Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie were brilliant.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 1503/27/2012

The cheesey TV remake had much better special affects. The prom scene was much longer with hysterically bad music.

The original film seems to have been taken off YouTube, but this should give you some idea, even if the music isn't the same.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 1603/27/2012

Do you think Tommy fell in love with Carrie at the Prom?

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 1712/29/2012

r16: There used to be a YouTube vid of that scene scored to the Beach Boys "Be True To Your School", including repeats of the swirling basketball board cued to "Rah Rah Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah"

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 1812/29/2012

"Do you think Tommy fell in love with Carrie at the Prom?"

Yes I do, and that's one of the reasons the movie is such a heartbreaker.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 1912/29/2012

I think he did. That was a romantic scene.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 2012/29/2012

the smell of rot gut whiskey on his breath ANAL LAHKED IT!!!

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 2112/29/2012

The dancing scene with "I never dreamed someone like you could want someone like me" being sung in the background still brings me to tears. I wish I was kidding. I'M CRYING AS I TYPE!

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 2212/29/2012

[quote]Do you think Tommy fell in love with Carrie at the Prom?

If you read the book, he did.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 2312/29/2012

You mustn't read any of Stephen King's books or pay any attention to what he wrote in them. King's work is only acceptable when re-envisioned by Stanley Kubrick!!!

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 2412/30/2012

Next time you watch, pay attention to the scene where the English teacher ends up pinned against the wall , starting the fire behind Carrie. He actually does a backwards roll behind her and stands up straight against the wall-it's avery weird thing to see. Just sayin.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 2512/30/2012

Wow. If it wasn't for this thread I would never have known there was a 2002 version written by Bryan Fuller, and starring Angela Bettis and Patricia Clarkson.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 2612/30/2012

It's not bad either, r26. The ending is weird though, they had apparently hoped it could be turned into a tv series, so the ending sets up for that.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 2712/30/2012

[quote]special affects.

Oh, dear.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 2812/30/2012

There should be a gay version.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 2912/30/2012

Prepare to be very disappointed, R26. I've never drank the Patricia Clarkson kool-aid, but man does she absolutely throw away the role of Margaret White. It's low energy and would be utterly forgettable if it wasn't so bitterly disappointing.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 3012/30/2012

I can remember a decade ago watching the tv remake of "Carrie" while also being on this site. One memorable comment was:"Sue Snell is BLACK!"

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 3112/30/2012

1999's "The Rage: Carrie 2" was absolute dreck. Terrible. The remake coming to theaters next year seriously has Julianne Moore as Margaret White. She will do some justice to the role.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 3212/30/2012

Found the 2002 version online.

Under my duvet and got a glass of wine.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 3312/30/2012

R32, The Rage: Carrie 2 had an interesting premise. It was the acting, direction, cinematography, and terrible musical score that really killed it. With a few more rewrites, and a stronger creative team, it could have been a decent follow-up to the original.

Does anyone remember how this was the movie that was supposed to launch Emily Bergl into stardom? Last we saw of her was on a later season of Desperate Housewives with a bad blonde dye-job.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 3412/30/2012

Emily Bergl was far creepier and powerful on "DH" as Paul's loony wife than in that horrible Carrie sequel. Only Mena Suvari skyrocketed to a level of fame afterwards.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 3512/30/2012

"Creepy Carrie! Creepy Carrie!"

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 3612/30/2012

The upcoming Carrie is rumored to be from the musical Broadway show.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 3712/30/2012

I have a question. I was born in the 80s so I missed this era completely. In the 70s, were teachers in schools allowed to slap students like Ms. Buckley did to Carrie? I know they paddled kids, but slapping? Or was that just a movie thing for dramatic purposes?

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 3812/30/2012

Tyler, yes. I got slapped from my teacher once, my friend got her hair pulled.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 3912/30/2012

R16 - just watched that and that Carrie looked as if she had Downs Syndrome in the beginning of the clip.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 4012/30/2012

In the book, Carrie was just an ordinary looking girl, even when spiffed-up at the prom, she wasn't beautiful like Sissy. It makes the story more shallow to imply that Carrie was only worthy of anyone's attention because she was actually a hottie who just needed a makeover. The 2002 remake is just more true to the book in that regard.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 4112/30/2012

R5

Funny, just rewatched Carrie and in the Library scene I thought to myself... wait a second, does he have a boner? And why have I never noticed that before?

Glad I wasn't the only one who caught that.

And the "why am I here?" dancing scene gives me vertigo.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 4204/06/2013

[quote]I am watching it now, and I have a question. Chris starts hatching her plan to get Carrie before Tommy has even asked Carrie to the prom.Is there a missing scene where Chris finds out that Tommy is going to ask Carrie?

I'm watching it now and looked for this. Chris tells Travolta that she wants his help for "something" and that she hates Carrie White. It isn't specified.

Then, that girl in the red hat sees Tommy and Sue talking Prom with the gym teacher. I think by the time they're getting the pigs blood, she knows Carrie will be at the prom and that they can rig the elections. But yeah, its a little fuzzy.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 4304/06/2013

I don't see how anyone could think Tommy and Sue are in on Chris' plan when Sue is the one who sees what is going to happen and tries to warn the gym teacher.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 4404/06/2013

Also, is the John Travolta character supposed to be out of high school? I know Chris is going to go to the prom with him but he comes off as having either flunked a few years or being college-age.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 4504/06/2013

Of course, Stephen King prefers the remake and not the DePalma version because he's an idiot. I think he just doesn't like it when someone improves on his work.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 4604/06/2013

Yeah, it's unclear as to how Kris knows about Carrie going to prom and how exactly she sets up her revenge, but I don't think that Tommy and Sue are in on it.

If sue knew about it, she wouldn't have been surprised nor would she have had to figure out what was going on with the rope. She also wouldn't have tried to warn the gym teacher.

Also, Tommy wouldn't have been surprised and said, "WTF," after Carrie has the blood dropped on her.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 4704/06/2013

R45

Travolta may have been older as you don't see him in any of the school shots. However, they all looked way too old to be in high school.

I've always wondered why Carrie was going to the Senior Prom at 16. Was she advanced? Because she's in all the classes of the Seniors, who should be 17 or 18.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 4804/06/2013

I think after the red baseball cap girl (who will come out as a lesbian in college) sees Tommy and Sue together she reports to Kris and eventually everyone knows.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 4904/06/2013

I also think there's some room for a Lesbian romance between Carrie and Sue.

Carrie thought Tommy's poem was beautiful and it really touched her in her nether regions. Tommy didn't write it... I don't think they say who did, but I always assumed it was Sue.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 5004/06/2013

The Travolta character is a drop out in the book, I think.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 5104/06/2013

I liked the 2002 remake except for the ending. As another poster said, that remake was more true to the book. In the book, there was an investigation to what happened at the prom and in the town. The 1976 movie only showed Carrie destroying the school and killing Chris and Tommy. In the book, Carrie destroyed parts of the town and the 2002 version included that.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 5204/06/2013

I HAVE a name, you know!

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 5304/06/2013

r46 he doesn't prefer the Carrie remake...King has said that he preferred The Shining remake because the father and son have a reconciliation.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 5404/06/2013

"We're all very sorry, Cassie."

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 5504/06/2013

R41, Sissy Spacek was beautiful?? She reminds me of Amy Carter.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 5604/06/2013

The girl in the red hat? I am horrified, horrified I tell you, that you guys don't know PJ Soles. Speaking of autograph conventions, I am sure she attends those as she was a staple in 70's movies. Horror and cheese.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 5704/06/2013

[quote]Carrie was just an ordinary looking girl, even when spiffed-up at the prom, she wasn't beautiful like Sissy. It makes the story more shallow to imply that Carrie was only worthy of anyone's attention because she was actually a hottie who just needed a makeover.

Sissy's appearance doesn't change that much throughtout the film....her attitude does...she goes from scared sad sack with strange facial expressions to a charming girl trying to get along....even in the book Tommy notices the difference and begins to really be attracted to her.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 5804/06/2013

Tommy's poem got Carrie soaking wet. Slurp.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 5904/06/2013

I can see those dirty pillows.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 6004/06/2013

BTW Kris is a bit of a psycho, no? I mean, wtf was up with her trying to run Carrie over at the end? She has a demented look on her face that isn't one of fear.

And after witnessing what she just witnessed, she was dumb as fuck for trying to take Carrie on.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 6204/06/2013

I wonder what Margaret calls testicals.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 6304/06/2013

[quote]BTW Kris is a bit of a psycho, no? I mean, wtf was up with her trying to run Carrie over at the end? She has a demented look on her face that isn't one of fear.

in the book there are hints that Chris is abused by her father and is bullying because of being bullied.

that scene is interesting since she looks so determined and Travolta looks scared.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 6404/07/2013

Yes r62! Kris is absolutely a psycho who normally would be scarier than Carrie. She was a rich, spoiled Daddy's girl and the ultimate mean girl. She used JT to get her revenge on Carrie and was going to dump him after that. Just a fucking bitch. I have known (and steered clear of) women like her. That's why the original movie (and the book) are so good, you can see that the other girls are way more frightening than Carrie is and for no reason.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 6504/07/2013

I didn't realize that Kris ended up marrying DePalma.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 6604/07/2013

Wasn't she in Dressed to Kill? I didn't know she married him either but now her being in that movie makes sense.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 6704/07/2013

Interesting:

Nancy Allen claims that she never realized that her character was going to be so evil until she saw the finished film, she thought that she and John Travolta were playing such self-centered, bickering morons that they were there for comic relief. Piper Laurie also thought that the character of Margaret White was so over the top that the film had to be a comedy.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 6804/07/2013

Why didn't she read the book, I wonder? It's not like it was some huge tome, she could easily have parsed it to find out her character's motivations.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 6904/07/2013

The TV Movie is available on Youtube.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 7004/07/2013

R64

The scene in the TV movie where Chris' dad confronts the principal... totally gave me a vibe of some sexual shenanigans in that household.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 7104/07/2013

She was in DePalma's Blow Out too.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 7204/07/2013

I've always wondered if the band that was playing at the prom (Vance or Towers), was also killed. That would have pissed me off if I were them.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 7306/04/2013

Both Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie received Academy Award nominations for this film

Virtually unheard of for a low budget horror movie

The girl in the baseball cap is none other than the legendary PJ SOLES bitches!

Also famous for playing Linda the "totally" girl in another 70s horror classic Halloween

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 7410/04/2013

I get see your dirty pillows.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 7510/04/2013

"Virtually unheard of for a low budget horror movie"

I don't see it as "horror". Most of it is old-timey suspense- the kind they don't make anymore.

Here's the Best Supporting Actress clip from that year.

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 7610/04/2013

William Katt sure was hot back then!

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 7710/04/2013

Can you imagine, after that great build-up, when they finally say, "And the winner is Beatrice Straight for 'Network'?"

by The stupid chick with the baseball capreply 7810/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.