Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kathleen Turner in "The Perfect Family"

Too bad it will open too early in the year. This could be her Oscar role.

by Anonymousreply 2302/02/2013

She kinda makes up a bit for aging Hollywood stars who put tens of thousands into preserving what they believe to be their youthful looks. Her's have changed as much as if she had had surgery to make herself from a beautiful young woman into a very plain older woman, who was always plain. Actually she could have a more fruitful acting career like Kathy Bates, if it wasn't for that affected manner of speaking she picked up. What is that all about- cross between Tallulah B and Lauren B (who has one of the most affected accents anyone in Hollywood ever had.) Very odd woman- although I like some of her films.

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2012

I agree charlie, and I love her for not being obsessed with trying to look and act like a 20 year old.

It looks like a great film.

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2012

I'd give her The Oscar just for the face she makes when her daughter says she's getting married to an other woman, I laughed out loud.

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2012

Her looks changed because she had some disease.

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2012

Yes, it's called chain smoking.

She was on Live w/Kelly this morning. Her voice is lower than Henry Kissinger's.

by Anonymousreply 504/25/2012

Shut up, Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 604/25/2012

When the fuck will it open? I want to see it.

by Anonymousreply 704/25/2012

Could the music BE any louder in that trailer?

by Anonymousreply 804/25/2012

She has rheumatoid arthritis and that plus its medications will ruin your looks. It's a horrible disease.

by Anonymousreply 904/25/2012

Love Kathleen Turner, with or without her looks, but that trailer was pathetically unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 1004/25/2012

Her last Broadway show HIGH had the shortest run of any show its season. It's on the road now getting terrible reviews at every stop.

by Anonymousreply 1104/25/2012

Turner's father was a diplomat, which explains her mixed accent.

Others have referenced the rheumatoid arthritis, but she also broke her nose when doing a stunt for VI Warshawski. Although it was "fixed", her nose is noticeably less attractive than in her 80s prime.

by Anonymousreply 1204/25/2012

I've always been wishing for a Kathleen Turner comeback. I LOVE HER!

by Anonymousreply 1304/25/2012

She was so beautiful in her youth. I can't think of any twentysomething actress today who could do what Turner did in 'Body Heat.' They all seem like little girls compared to what Kathleen was back then.

by Anonymousreply 1404/25/2012

I said PUSSY willows Dottie.

by Anonymousreply 1504/25/2012

She still has that voice. I love that voice.

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2012

Her physical transformation reminds me of that of Simon Signoret.

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2012

Ooooh! Loves me some Jason Ritter! He was so damn cute in "Happy Endings" a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2012

Everyone is giving this flick good "previews" and I'm real happy for Clare Riley, who wrote it. We work together. I hope she gets some recognition out of it. She's a savvy comedy writer. She has another script about a Jewish lady (think Harvey Korman in drag) who is the neighborhood snoop. She gets hoodwinked into thinking she is actually working for the CIA and that her snooping contains important information. It's hilarious. Clare is a real sweet person, very giving, and so everyone who knows her is thrilled for her.

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2012

I very much want to see the perfect family but the second script sounds like total crap.

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2012

Can't wait to see this!

by Anonymousreply 2104/26/2012

R19 - and the co-author is Paula Goldberg, most famous here on DL for being the long-time lover of Kristin Davis from Sex & The City....

by Anonymousreply 2204/26/2012

Kathleen was good in this movie. Emily Deschanel and Jason Ritter were believable as her children.

by Anonymousreply 2302/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!