Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mitt Romney: "We'll get rid of Planned Parenthood."

Kirkwood, MO (KSDK) - The republican race for the White House is moving to Missouri.

Mitt Romney stopped in Kirkwood, hoping to drum up support ahead of the state's caucuses this week.

Since Missouri's primary wasn't binding, Rick Santorum's win didn't actually get him any delegates. That means all 52 are still up for grab in the caucuses. And Mitt Romney cites elect-ability as one reason Missouri's republicans should choose him.

Mitt Romney calls his campaign "a battle for the soul of America."

One on one, he detailed his plan to lower gas prices.

"We're going to start drilling again in the gulf, we're going to drill in the outer continental shelf, we're going to drill in North Dakota, Oklahoma and Texas. That communicates to the world that there will be more supply coming from the U.S. And that affects the price of gasoline," said Romney.

As for ways to reduce debt, he suggests a few cuts.

"The test is pretty simple. Is the program so critical, it's worth borrowing money from china to pay for it? And on that basis of course you get rid of Obamacare, that's the easy one. Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that. The subsidy for Amtrack, I'd eliminate that. The National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities," he said.

This was Romney's first public event in the Show Me state, so we wanted to know, does he say Missouri or Missourah?

"You know I've always said Missouri." He adds, "I know as I get to other parts of the state its Missourah. But I'll stick with Missouri 'cause that's what I know best," he said.

Romney also says he has yet to try toasted ravioli and gooey butter cake, but he'd like to.

by Anonymousreply 13411/06/2012

[quote]"a battle for the soul of America."

Rmoney is soulless, how would he recognize one if he met one?

by Anonymousreply 103/13/2012

Vile ignorant tool.

by Anonymousreply 203/13/2012

What wouldn't he get rid of? Who needs access to healthcare, reproductive rights, arts, and a healthy ecosystem? How the hell can anyone support this buffoon?

by Anonymousreply 303/13/2012

He REALLY wants to go down this road? He's a bigger fool/tool than I thought. Did he not pay attention to the firestorm when Sanitarium tried that shit? He got hit by women on both sides of the aisle. Romney's pushing further right and he's going to suffer for it.

by Anonymousreply 403/13/2012

He's a vile human being. He'll say ANYTHING at this point if it will get him votes.

by Anonymousreply 503/13/2012

I wish we lived in a country where Planned Parenthood, Amtrak, the NEA, and the NEH made up so much of the national budget it'd be fixed in a snap if they were cut!

by Anonymousreply 603/13/2012

At this point, why doesn't he just call his campaign: Doc Romney's Medicine Show.

He'll cure what ails ya!

by Anonymousreply 703/13/2012

But they think they can put him over as president R5. And at least these promises, I'm sure he would keep.

by Anonymousreply 803/13/2012

He's a dumb cunt

by Anonymousreply 903/13/2012

He's obviously clueless. That'll cost him more votes than he would gain.

by Anonymousreply 1003/13/2012

I have a better idea. Get rid of R11 and its ilk.

by Anonymousreply 1203/13/2012

You should have provided the whole quote, OP.

"We'll get rid of Planned Parenthood, and their little dogs, too!"

by Anonymousreply 1303/13/2012

Unwanted babies are the most efficient way to fill up prisons. Who doesn't get a hard-on thinking about that?

by Anonymousreply 1403/13/2012

Has the Susan G Komen debacle taught him nothing? That uproar awoke independents.

And PLEASE for the love of god, at some point in my lifetime can Republicans do FUCKING MATH!

Those programs are a tiny fraction of the budget, and with his proposed tax cuts that are 3% of GDP (Bush's unpaid for tax cuts were 1% and added trillions to deficit) and his eagerness to go to war with Iran.

He will add trillions to the debt just like Bush.

by Anonymousreply 1603/13/2012

Back to Free Republic with you, R11/15. You're not wanted here.

by Anonymousreply 1703/13/2012

Sounds like R15's mom didn't jab the coathanger up her cooze far enough.

by Anonymousreply 1803/13/2012

I think Planned Parenthood should get rid of Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 1903/13/2012

My career is in the Arts and even with the NEA the Arts are facing uphill battles. The Arts in America are running on fumes and he wants people to lose their jobs.

The Arts builds communities. In Philadelphia alone, the city grew in 2010 for the first time in 50 years. Granted, by a hair, but still - the growing areas of the city that are becoming safe are also where the Arts flourish.

My anger at the GOP these last few weeks has officially turned to sadness. I can't believe how ruthless these people are. They are assassins.

by Anonymousreply 2003/13/2012

[quote]The majority of people in this country agree with Romney.

Nope, which is lucky, as what he is proposing is not only stupid, it won't even come close to balancing the budget. His policies have been scored as increasing the deficit.

by Anonymousreply 2103/13/2012

R11/15 is a good example of why Planned Parentood should start providing retroactive abortions.

by Anonymousreply 2303/13/2012

Abortion is right r15 and your mother should have had one.

The majority of the people understand that planned parenthood has very little to do with abortions. Apparently your part of the problem, not the solution.

by Anonymousreply 2403/13/2012

Romney should also consider getting rid of parks, sidewalks, streets, highways etc.

Let's just do a clean sweep.

by Anonymousreply 2603/13/2012

Notice that he has no plan to put forward to replace the absolutely critical health care that Planned Parenthood provides. Those women served by that organization? As far as Romney is concerned, they can FOAD. The War On Women continues.

by Anonymousreply 2803/13/2012

Hey Mittens, here's my slogan on abortion:

"THERE AREN'T ENOUGH"

by Anonymousreply 2903/13/2012

[quote]Planned Parenthood is now accused defrauding the govt. of 1 billion dollars.

Actually, they're accused of defrauding the government of $5.7 million dollars. You really should learn to read. And it's Texas, of course, that's making the accusation. Gee, what a surprise. And it was a 2010 lawsuit that was just unsealed.

by Anonymousreply 3003/13/2012

[quote]Those women served by that organization?

Do any of those women own sports teams or sponsor NASCAR drivers?

Didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 3103/13/2012

[quote]Why are you comparing the travesty of abortion with basic city services?

Oh, probably because it's a basic health service.

by Anonymousreply 3203/13/2012

This guy is vile.

by Anonymousreply 3403/13/2012

Gee, if he doesn't like abortion, we can solve that by increasing access to family planning and contraception.

Oh, wait, he's against that, too. Oh, well... abortions it is.

by Anonymousreply 3503/13/2012

That's nice.

by Anonymousreply 3603/13/2012

[quote]Well it shouldn't be [R32] and anyone who thinks it should is insane and needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

Whatever you say, dear. Now finish your Cheetos and come upstairs to bed. You can chat with your imaginary friends again tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 3703/13/2012

You do seem obsessed with death and murder, R33. Have you considered adjusting your medication dosage? I don't think it's working properly.

by Anonymousreply 3803/13/2012

I see human life is sacred to you, r33. Unless, that is, someone dares to disagree with you.

by Anonymousreply 3903/13/2012

In the Republicans' make-believe fantasy world, they think that outlawing abortion will stop it, and outlawing birth control will make people practice abstinence unless they want to make a baby. If, in the event a woman has an unwanted pregnancy, she will carry the baby to term and give it up for adoption.

They really believe this is how things will go if they get their way. Unfortunately, this is the real world. This has never happened and it never will.

by Anonymousreply 4003/13/2012

Harriet Hypocrite @ r33

It's not about human life, it's about control over a woman and her life.

by Anonymousreply 4103/13/2012

[quote]no, it's about human life.

No, it's about women's health, which is 97% of what Planned Parenthood does.

[quote]Planned Parenthood is not entitled to taxpayers money.

Sure they are. In many communities, they're the only game in town when it comes to women's health, particularly poor and uninsured women.

[quote]Taxpayers have a right to not have their money subsidizing infanticide.

Well, gee, guess what? Not a single dollar of your tax money is going to "subsidize infanticide." Now don't you feel stupid?

[quote]Defund them completely!

Not gonna happen. Fortunately, morons like you are still the minority.

by Anonymousreply 4403/13/2012

[quote]Planned Parenthood has always been about the money.

Uh-huh. Whatever you say, dear.

[quote]They have made abortion into a gold mine.

LOL... Wow, you really *are* a moron, aren't you?

[quote]Not to go Old Testament on them but they will stand accountable to the living God for the evil they have promulgated upon those murdered children.

No, they won't, dear, because they haven't "murdered" any "children." Oh, and I'm sorry to tell you that God supports Planned Parenthood. She told me so herself.

[quote]You see them circle the wagons because with today's technology they can no longer state that a baby is just a mass of tissue when women can clearly see this is a lie.

Sorry, dear, but women know the difference, which is why abortions will continue to happen, no matter what you want.

[quote]If they condone murder what is a little theft among these paragons of virtue.

ROFL... I do so love a religious fanatic. They're so devoid of logic, reason, data, humor... I usually have to pay a lot of money for entertainment this good.

by Anonymousreply 4503/13/2012

Never mind the uneducated, they have no clue. R42 r43

by Anonymousreply 4603/14/2012

Quite likely trolls who don't believe a word they say, too, R46. That's the trouble these days: the real fanatics are so far out there that you can't tell the difference between them and the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 4803/14/2012

Only for the morons among us, R47. Alas that they haven't yet discovered a pre-natal test for that ailment.

by Anonymousreply 4903/14/2012

Well, fun though it has been to play with our trolls, I'm afraid I have to get another dozen babies killed tonight. I have a quota to meet to keep my secular masters in gravy. And then I still have to cook the books to keep those federal dollars coming in. All in a day's work. [Now where did I put that coat hanger?]

by Anonymousreply 5003/14/2012

I would have no problem personally sucking out a fetus that I knew would become a Freeper.

I'll even use Limbaugh sponsor, Oreck, to do the job.

by Anonymousreply 5203/14/2012

How does a president "get rid of" a mostly privately funded non-profit organization?

by Anonymousreply 5303/14/2012

See R51 as to why I'd have no problem doing it. Someone get me the large attachment. It's not too late to use it on this brain dead motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 5403/14/2012

There you have it!

by Anonymousreply 5503/14/2012

First planned parenthood, then making birth control illegal

America SUCKS. If I were a terrorist, I'd attack us. We deserve EVERY FUCKING THING we get

by Anonymousreply 5603/14/2012

How can people be so ignorant and hateful?

They did the same thing to ACORN. An organization not guilty of anything they claimed.

GodDAMN, what is wrong with people.

by Anonymousreply 5703/14/2012

But the terrorists hate us for our freedom....

by Anonymousreply 5803/14/2012

[quote]How does a president "get rid of" a mostly privately funded non-profit organization?

R53. Romney will buy it, then dismantle it, then close it down. If you hadn't heard, he's "severely conservative."

by Anonymousreply 5903/14/2012

R4, there may not be as much opposition to the Republican position on birth control as we think. Tonight on CNN the analysts like David Gergen and others pointed out that Obama has actually gone DOWN among women in some of the latest polls, and they showed the CBS poll today as an example.

by Anonymousreply 6003/14/2012

Women who support the GOP are fucking insane and self-loathing morons.

by Anonymousreply 6103/14/2012

Obviously a lot of women support the GOP. They wouldn't win so many elections otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 6203/14/2012

Not really, R61. They're calculating sycophants who want to stay higher in the hierarchy than blacks, Mexicans (all Latinos are "Mexicans to the typical Republican), gays, etc.

by Anonymousreply 6303/14/2012

Not questioning that they do... just pointing out the simple fact that those who do are self-loathing morons.

by Anonymousreply 6403/14/2012

Women are the majority of voters. If they didn't want Republicans in power, there would be no Republicans in power.

by Anonymousreply 6503/14/2012

R63, if that were true, they'd vote for Democrats, and, you know, keep their rights and self-respect.

by Anonymousreply 6603/14/2012

R67, was that meant to be profound?

FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 6803/14/2012

Repubilcans are all about INDIVIDUAL rights y'all!!

They'd never try to regulate what someone wants to do with their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 6903/14/2012

It was just meant to be a factual reminder of the realities we face, R68.

by Anonymousreply 7003/14/2012

Women like the rich and powerful male aspect of the republican party. Old story repeated throughout history.

Who knows what the poor redneck republicans want, except maybe they're just beta-males who identify with their republican pack leader betters.

by Anonymousreply 7103/14/2012

All of Mitt's sucking up to the right-wing was for naught last night, since he lost both Alabama and Mississippi to Santorum.

by Anonymousreply 7303/14/2012

Planned Parenthood is a private organization. Mittens might be able cut all government assistance but he can't abolish it at will. That would be like abolishing the American Civil Liberties Union. (Then again, he might want to do that next.)

by Anonymousreply 7403/14/2012

Why do you suppose the nation is experiencing this over the top temperatures this early in the season? It's because of all the rancid hot air generated by these blow holes as they try for top dog position to screw the American public. There has never been nor will there ever be a Republican politician who gives a damn about America or the American people.

by Anonymousreply 7503/14/2012

If taxpayers have a right not to pay for things we object to morally, I'd like my money not to go to war or corporate welfare.

Is there a new line on this year's forms where I can make my preferences known?

by Anonymousreply 7603/14/2012

This is now the longest Republican primary since Ford vs. Reagan in 1976.

by Anonymousreply 7703/14/2012

R72, too bad your mother didn't believe in abortion. it would be a better world without you.

by Anonymousreply 7803/14/2012

R15 if you are a real Repug than answer this, how comes you guys want to protect a fetus but as soon as it comes out of that woman´s vagina you dont want it to have any rights, and even more you´d let him/her die in Hospital if he couldnt pay the bill.

You delusional freepers are sp brainwashed to go against whats good for you.

by Anonymousreply 7903/14/2012

Unless they're brown babies in the third world, then I'm Gung-ho to see them turned into kabobs or pregnant mothers having a daisy cutter go through them!

We're not pro-life, we're pro-certain life.

by Anonymousreply 8003/14/2012

[quote]Abortion is hilarious!

To be more accurate, we find you to be hilarious, R51 (and R22 and R43). You're either a troll or a fanatic. Either way, you don't deserve anything but mockery and derision for the stupidity of your posts, not to mention the callous way you condemn three million women who rely on Planned Parenthood for cancer screenings, birth control, family planning, and other preventive care.

by Anonymousreply 8103/14/2012

Thank you, R76!

by Anonymousreply 8203/14/2012

[quote]That would be like abolishing the American Civil Liberties Union. (Then again, he might want to do that next.)

Abolishing the ACLU is what Republicans think about when they jerk off. It's one of their hottest spank bank fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 8303/14/2012

This fucking fool claims to believe there was an ancient civilization in America in Biblical times.

Stupid Mormon. And a psychopath to boot. Anything to win.

by Anonymousreply 8403/14/2012

What R76 said.

Who in the hell are Republicans -particularly those in state where they barely pay their fair share in taxes, but they sure as hell TAKE- to determine that they won't pay for something, but the rest of us should pay for the things with which we disagree?

You know what, let's do it.

Good luck getting help with natural disaster aid, red states. Ask Jesus to help you rebuild, not the sinners in blue states who pay most of the taxes in this country.

Good luck paying for your infrastructure.

Good luck paying for military bases and the endless wars YOU want.

by Anonymousreply 8503/14/2012

There was an ancient civilization in America in biblical times, it just had no relationship to Israel.

by Anonymousreply 8603/14/2012

To each group we explained what contraception was; that abortion was the wrong way—no matter how early it was performed it was taking life; that contraception was the better way, the safer way—it took a little time, a little trouble, but was well worth while in the long run, because life had not yet begun.  – Margaret Sanger, 1938 Autobiography

by Anonymousreply 8703/14/2012

There is no "god" R89.

Get over it ya fundie freak.

by Anonymousreply 9003/14/2012

R87? Thomas Jefferson was a friggin slave owner.

by Anonymousreply 9103/14/2012

You are the fundie freak if you are using quotes from 1938 to prove that abortion is wrong, R90.

I know there is no god, dumbass. So stop quoting people as if their words are divine.

by Anonymousreply 9203/14/2012

And another douche bag thinking Sanger matters at R88.

Go read the book of mormon or something.

by Anonymousreply 9303/14/2012

[quote]that contraception was the better way, the safer way

Duh, R87. Now how about convincing Republicans of this?

by Anonymousreply 9403/14/2012

So producing more oil in the US (which is currently at a record high) will reduce the cost of gas? Some business expert.

Most intelligent people know that the driving factor in the price of gasoline is demand. And demand is up, going to stay up, and increase more. Why? China.

Some business expert Romney is.

The answer to gasoline prices is fossil fuel independence. They know it in Brazil. They know it in the UK... etc.

Repubublics are willfully stupid. Tell me how this is an issue of "conservatism". Either you understand market realities or you do not. What is so hard to understand?

by Anonymousreply 9503/14/2012

[quote]Here is what Diane Dew has to say about gays, R88.

And I should care about who that person is and what she thinks, why, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 9703/14/2012

For that matter, I should care about what Margaret Sanger said or did 100 years ago, why, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 9803/14/2012

Yup, he'll get rid of that, and bring back DADT, ban gay marriages, ban civil unions, abortion, birth control, what else, Mitten?

by Anonymousreply 9903/14/2012

Because you're on a gay board, r97. Better be careful. God is watching. He'll think you're a faggot.

by Anonymousreply 10003/14/2012

Mountain Dew is gross.

by Anonymousreply 10103/14/2012

I was addressing the idiot who quoted from Diane Dew's website, R97.

Don't be stupid.

by Anonymousreply 10203/14/2012

"You are a godless man, Mitt Romney. Ain't you tired yet? Ain't you tired?"

by Anonymousreply 10303/14/2012

[quote] For that matter, I should care about what Margaret Sanger said or did 100 years ago, why, exactly?

Because it is thanks to Margaret Sanger that there IS birth control and that women's health issues are now addressed instead of ignored, you fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 10403/14/2012

R104, my point was that I refuse to gasp in horror about some out-of-context quotes from someone who died decades ago. It's completely irrelevant to the absolutely essential work that Planned Parenthood is doing today.

by Anonymousreply 10503/14/2012

R105? History and those who made it is ALWAYS relevant.

If you fail to grasp that, there's no hope for you.

by Anonymousreply 10603/14/2012

The point that you are missing over and over again, R106, is that Margaret Sanger's words from the 1920s and 1930s are being used to cast a shadow on Planned Parenthood.

This is something the Right loves to do. They have cast her as a racist. From there they try to convince us that Planned Parenthood, as it exists today, is a racist institution.

In this respect, what Sanger said in 1938 should be seen as irrelevant. Its bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 10703/14/2012

He is so craven.

by Anonymousreply 10803/14/2012

R107 , They do the same with the bible.

by Anonymousreply 10903/14/2012

I hope you are a parody, r72. Because you are one sick and unknowledgable fool if not.

by Anonymousreply 11003/14/2012

No, I think R72 is the FReeper shitstain gay repuke that has been inundating the board lately.

by Anonymousreply 11103/14/2012

LOL... Okay, now you're not even trying, R112. Like I said, a good troll has to be more subtle.

by Anonymousreply 11303/14/2012

r112 is a refugee from the one million moms site.

by Anonymousreply 11403/14/2012

If this were the old DL, I'd already know R112 was a parody - that was the beauty of the old DL.

by Anonymousreply 11503/14/2012

sad

by Anonymousreply 11603/14/2012

R117 has just outed himself for the FReeptard that he is.

by Anonymousreply 11803/14/2012

When the election is at last over, and Mitt and his team sit down to figure out why they lost the way they did, he will regret the move to the right to try to appease the evangelicals. He is trapped; move right and alienate the moderates or move center and offend the loons. He needs every vote he can rig, and he is in a precarious position.

by Anonymousreply 11903/14/2012

[quote]The government does not need to provide funding to a group who thinks that life begins once one passes through the birth canal.

As has been pointed out NUMEROUS times, there are a lot of things that many of us don't want the government to pay for, but we have no say, do we??? I don't believe in wars. I don't believe in corporate welfare. I don't believe in giving assholes in red states federal funding for their tornado damage.

So who in the hell decided that idiots in this country -many of whom are low income redneck morons who barely pay taxes and come from red states that barely pay taxes period- get to decide what the government should and shouldn't pay for?

Higher income people are also educated and tend to be pro-choice, so if the GOP believes money should decide all, then it's about time red states STFU. You don't pay enough, therefore, you have no say. You want to go with that?

by Anonymousreply 12003/14/2012

.01 % of the federal budget will not fix any of the shit you mention, R117.

And you know what is cheaper than supporting a poor child?

Birth control pills.

Now, please fuck off, moron.

by Anonymousreply 12103/14/2012

Great post, r120.

by Anonymousreply 12203/14/2012

Damn

by Anonymousreply 12303/14/2012

[quote]There is no way we should be giving federal or state money to Planned Parenthood. This is primarily a political organization, anyways.

See, now, this is a much better troll. Just crazy enough to be semi-believable without going way overboard as our other chums have.

Of course, you do know that the statement above is a blatant lie, right, R117?

[quote]We have thousands of poor children, doing without healthcare

Why yes, we do. And if you manage to kill Planned Parenthood, we'll have three million women doing without healthcare. Did you have a point?

[quote]roads and highways in disrepair

Perhaps you ought to persuade Congress to do something about it?

[quote]and a budget deficit that is obscene.

Easily fixable, too, with a few tax hikes and budget cuts. In any case, why are you so fixated on the tiny amount that Planned Parenthood gets as compared to the obscene amount that, say, the Defense Department gets?

[quote]It is flat out immoral to give those scarce funds to a Democrat political group.

a) the funds aren't scarce, b) the funds are a tiny, tiny fraction of the overall budget, c) Planned Parenthood isn't a Democratic political group, and d) until just a few years ago, funding for Planned Parenthood was bi-partisan. It is the Republican Party that chose to politicize this, not Planned Parenthood and not the Democrats. But hey, why let the truth get in the way of your lovely trollish rant?

[quote]A number of organizations provide mammograms and cervical cancer screenings.

Why yes, they do. And Planned Parenthood still serves the needs of three million women that those other organizations don't. Did you have a point?

[quote]The government does not need to provide funding to a group who thinks that life begins once one passes through the birth canal.

Dear heart, Planned Parenthood takes no position on when life begins. Nor do they take any government funding for abortions. Next strawman argument?

by Anonymousreply 12403/14/2012

Romney does not want to just cut off its federal funding, he wants to destroy it. Pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 12503/15/2012

Or

by Anonymousreply 12603/15/2012

I wonder why he said something that gives ammunition to the Democrats to use against him?

by Anonymousreply 12703/15/2012

Ever walk by an elementary school?... MORE ABORTION NOW!

by Anonymousreply 12803/15/2012

Coco, I've had more children pulled out of me than a burning orphanage.

by Anonymousreply 12903/15/2012

FYI: Comment R112 was copied and pasted from FreeRepublic.com. As is true of other threads lately, we have a troll who is trolling Freeperville and copying random crap here.

by Anonymousreply 13003/15/2012

R130, how do you know that? Have you been spending a lot of time there lately?

by Anonymousreply 13103/15/2012

Damn

by Anonymousreply 13203/15/2012

[quote]how do you know that? Have you been spending a lot of time there lately?

There's this thing called "Google." Perhaps you've heard of it?

And no, I don't spend any time in that toxic environment.

by Anonymousreply 13303/15/2012

okay duche bag you would probily be one of those babys so shut your face

by Anonymousreply 13411/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.