Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's the official FASHION STAR thread!

Will the show be any good? Worse than Project Runway but better than 24 Hour Catwalk? Worse than both?

by Anonymousreply 4304/01/2013

This is pretty bad. Or is it just me?

by Anonymousreply 103/13/2012

I'm not impressed so far.

by Anonymousreply 203/13/2012

its bad. and overproduced. also missing two essential ingredient that made project runway fun: designer drama and the process of making the clothes.

by Anonymousreply 303/13/2012

Keep an eye out for the OUT lesbian, Kara Laricks.

by Anonymousreply 403/13/2012

Well, I gave it a half hour, and I think that's the most I can stand. Dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 503/13/2012

What is this Asian dude with the pimp hats thinking?

by Anonymousreply 603/13/2012

What's the point of having the mentors? The designers already know what they're doing for their collections so the mentors don't have much influence there. And it's the buyers that decide if they're going to sell the clothes or not, so the mentors have no purpose there either. So what's their role?

by Anonymousreply 703/13/2012

Who got kicked off? I missed the end.

by Anonymousreply 803/13/2012

The douchebag that told Jessica & Nicole that they didn't know shit about menswear because they're women got kicked off.

by Anonymousreply 903/13/2012

Aussie biker jacket boy that doubles as a misogynist pig is out - go figure.

I don't think they need the mentors either; they barely spoke to the designers.

Buyers and designers - keep it simple and it may have been entertaining.

Oh, and kick the Queeny Latino midget off the show. He needs to be sedated.

by Anonymousreply 1003/13/2012

OMG! The tune-OUT numbers for this show are going to be off the charts.

Did they hire the X-Factor for the epilepsy lighting? A good show doesn't need special effects.

I predict cancellation in 3 episodes (or less).

by Anonymousreply 1103/14/2012

"Modest" ratings.

I agree that cancellation is in the fashion forecast.

by Anonymousreply 1203/14/2012

Jessica Simpson looks looks so uncomfortable - she can't even sit straight

by Anonymousreply 1303/14/2012

its L A M E

by Anonymousreply 1403/14/2012

Did the speed over two of the designers? I got so confused!

by Anonymousreply 1503/16/2012

The dwarf is such a brilliant touch.

All TV shows would be improved with a little person in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 1603/18/2012

This show needs Janice Dickinson

by Anonymousreply 1703/18/2012

I watched Project Runway the first time it aired. It was a combination of the workroom, challenges and runway that kept me watching. I tried watching Fashion Star however I turned to another channel. It is a superficial show. They don't delve in to the making of fashion.

by Anonymousreply 1803/18/2012

I actually like the show, although it's basically just gussied-up product placement. It's also very obviously scripted, with certain characters acting the villain, the character, the heroine, etc. Even so, the script is well done: I love that they've made it so you both hate the El Salvadoran midget (because he's a poisonous evil queen) and root for him (because his life story is amazing and because he cries so easily).

But it is hard to buy Nicole Ritchie (much less Jessica Simpson!) as a fashion expert.

by Anonymousreply 1903/18/2012

What purpose do The Solid Gold Dancers serve on this show?

The buyer from Saks looks like Taraji P. Henson.

by Anonymousreply 2003/18/2012

Epically bad. DOA. NBC is in a total shambles.

by Anonymousreply 2103/18/2012

I watched the last ten minutes and didn't care about anything, but they kicked off the only thing that made me want to see more, the hot guy.

I didn't see enough of the show to realize he was a misogynist and a douche, so maybe I wouldn't have liked him if I'd seen more.

Regardless, there wasn't anything I saw that made me want to watch it again. I only turned it on because SUV used to be in that time slot and I thought I'd see if it was on.

by Anonymousreply 2203/18/2012

I watched it because I had just finished "Harry's Law" and my mind was still racing!

by Anonymousreply 2303/18/2012

I grew bored after 30 minutes.

I've been a fan of Project Runway since the first season, so I was expecting pretty much the same with the concept of that day-after "you can buy it tomorrow at Macys/H&M/Saks" being the big difference. What was missing was the drama backstage. Without it, it's nothing but a 90 minute commercial. Jessica, Nicole and that guy are not interesting enough to care what opinion they have about the designers wears. It's just dull.

I'd be very surprised if it comes back for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 2403/18/2012

It's no Project Runway, not even close.

by Anonymousreply 2503/18/2012

It's not supposed to be Project Runway. It's supposed to be Shark Tank.

And it's still a bad, bad, bad knock-off.

by Anonymousreply 2603/18/2012

Elle McPherson should know better then to go on national television and display what a hack she is....

she reminded me of Andre Leon Talley at the Oscars - stumbling and clueless

by Anonymousreply 2703/18/2012

Who the fuck commissioned this?

I like the idea of designers pitching directly to buyers and selling the products immediately. The basic idea needs to be basic.

Drop the AmericanIdol staging and pounding music.

Jessica Simpson? I know she shifts lots of bags in flyover land but zero cred.

It is also over-complicated. What is the grand prize? Design a collection for all three stores? In what universe are their customers the same?

by Anonymousreply 2803/20/2012

Also, that Salvadorian Oompah Loompah is just too much. Is he the very manifestation of the Magical Elves production company?

by Anonymousreply 2903/20/2012

I actually liked the 2xnd eppy better.

Yahoo Oscar is outta there.

by Anonymousreply 3003/21/2012

Kara Laricks's dresses were very nice.

by Anonymousreply 3103/21/2012

They didn't mention this in her on-show bio but Kara Laricks is :Family." She worked with Gay youth in Kansas City.

by Anonymousreply 3203/21/2012

Is it wrong of me to find Ross cute? I know he's know movie star handsome but there's something about him which I like.

by Anonymousreply 3303/22/2012

I realize hardly anyone is watching this show, but I am surprised that no one has mentioned that one of the garments that actually got "bought" in the first episode WAS A CAFTAN!!!

by Anonymousreply 3403/28/2012

LESBO alrert: They finally showed Kara Laricks's Girlfriend and allowed her to 'come out ' as it were by mentioning that she is a lesbian. That was nice. I'm trying to think of another time when an out lesbian was making a stir on a fashion show. Her clothes and models last night were fucking HOT.

Loved the butchy tuxedo pants and cut- so fucking cool. But then the item actually on sale at Saks the next day looked NOTHING like what they showed on the Runway!

by Anonymousreply 3503/28/2012

I want that jacket.

by Anonymousreply 3604/05/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 3704/10/2012

Bumping again for the lesbian who is winning this thing.

The show is growing on me. Is anyone else watching?

by Anonymousreply 3805/01/2012

I like it. Glad Ross got kicked off. His style was awful and that's why he was kicked off, not becasue he is a southern conservative.

by Anonymousreply 3905/01/2012

I am, R38. The lesbian is totally going to win. Even if she doesn't, the audience loves her, so she should be able to use the exposure to her advantage.

by Anonymousreply 4005/02/2012

I teared up when she talked about not being out as a teacher. Man.. we need more of that attitude these days especially with all these fucking anti-gay school bills going around.

by Anonymousreply 4105/03/2012

THE LESBIAN WON!!!!

She's about to go on NYLive.

An OUT lesbian making waves in Fashion retail. C'mon people where's the love???

by Anonymousreply 4205/16/2012

I stumbled upon this piece of shit when I was flipping through the channels on Friday. I'd never even heard of the shitty show. Anyways, it was boring as hell. And who keeps trying to make Nicole Richie "happen"? She just needs to go away.

by Anonymousreply 4304/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.