Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Voice: Battle rounds are for eliminating the old and plain ones

Waiting to see if Adam Levine follows the mold by eliminating beautiful, older, power soul singer Kim in favor of cute, younger, power soul singer Whitney. So far, the pattern holds, except for the win by the somewhat older Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 24511/15/2013

Does Christina actually employ any gay men? She looks like crap, wears Mariah castoff a from the Goodwill box and she has a hair don't.

by Anonymousreply 103/12/2012

The battle duet by Whitney and Kim was amazing. I loved them both. I think Adam made the right decision, though.

by Anonymousreply 203/12/2012

All the laughter all the tears

I want to see Blake and his hooded eyes

That's all

by Anonymousreply 303/12/2012

Danny Gokey's friend is up

by Anonymousreply 403/12/2012

Christina is noticeably thinner and more pulled together now that the live shows have begun. I would say she's a good 15 lbs lighter.

by Anonymousreply 504/02/2012

C did look very good tonite

by Anonymousreply 604/02/2012

Is Ceelo stoned?

by Anonymousreply 704/02/2012

I've watched this a couple times and can't figure out why these people are supposed to be special voices. They sound rather mundane. The range and depth are not there, no 'spark' that separates a star from the wannabees.

Debbie Reynolds said the great singers all had short necks.

by Anonymousreply 804/03/2012

I miss Xtina's DVD hat

by Anonymousreply 904/03/2012

The chick who sang "Roxanne" last night was great.

by Anonymousreply 1004/10/2012

I can't see this show surviving as long as American Idol if they can't make a star. Has anyone heard from season one winner?

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2012

What did we think of last night's show?

by Anonymousreply 1209/11/2012

I was surprised to see it back already. Apparently they're going to do a fall and spring season like DWTS. Too bad -- they could probably have kept it going for a long time at once per year, but people will get burned out on it at this rate.

I like the new rule about stealing singers from other teams. And it was nice to see that fat kid from last year come back and get picked.

by Anonymousreply 1309/11/2012

I watched a bit of the first two episodes and am surprised at how much I actually liked Adam. I like his music but he seems really sweet (really GAY too, but I know he denies it).

Blake seems fun, but Christina and Ce-Lo seem fairly boring.

by Anonymousreply 1409/13/2012

Didn't say he was. Said he looks and acts like it, and since I love gay men, I did not mean it as an insult.

by Anonymousreply 1609/13/2012

I like Deborah, the Scottish guy with the mullet, and the young Ruben Studdard dude. That's it everyone else can go home.

by Anonymousreply 1710/30/2012

I like DeBorah, too. If not for Steve Urkel, her look would be unique.

by Anonymousreply 1810/31/2012

I like the girl who sang Christina's Fighter and the big black dude with the hat. Both are powerhouse singers.

Even though some of the older less photogenic singers sang better, they were dismissed. However theres one guy in Ceelo's team that I can't stand to look at and he made it through because his competition was so bad. He's the guy with the messy long hair and beard.

by Anonymousreply 1910/31/2012

Xtina's a pretty amazing mentor. Very articulate and specific about what should be done and why. Even something like breath control has been addressed.

by Anonymousreply 2010/31/2012

Blake is very bad at this coaching thing.

by Anonymousreply 2110/31/2012

R19 are you talking about the guy with the greasy hair and the short pants? He does go to hospitals and sing to the kids. So I give him a pass.

No one has commented on Cody and his rendition of DL fave" Jolene"?

by Anonymousreply 2210/31/2012

I think [R19] is talking about Nick, the one who reminds me of Leon Russell. The greasy hair one is the guy from Peru.

Here is a question about Cody: do you think he knows that everyone knows he is gay? I thought not until he decided to sing "Jolene."

by Anonymousreply 2310/31/2012

I can't believe they let Cody sing Jolene: Please don't take my man...

I bet all of middle America had a heart attack when he sang that.

by Anonymousreply 2410/31/2012

I think these knockout rounds are even more predetermined than the battle rounds (since at least battle rounds forced judges to pair them before hearing them sing). Older than 25 means automatic elimination.

The worst one was cheesy and soulless Devyn making it through instead of the fun Spanish woman.

by Anonymousreply 2510/31/2012

I like DeBorah's backstory, and I also like her voice.

Dez sure is pretty though. I'm hoping that there are shirtless (or better yet locker room photos of him in a jockstrap).

by Anonymousreply 2610/31/2012

If it's just about the Voice, obviously Dez shouldn't win. If it's about who is the most marketable, he's the obvious winner. Not only Tiger Beat material but Hispanic as well.

by Anonymousreply 2710/31/2012

I agree that Xtina is a great mentor.

by Anonymousreply 2810/31/2012

I never have sexual dreams, but for whatever reason I dreamed about Dez two nights in a row.

by Anonymousreply 2910/31/2012

Dez also made it through because Christina already has enough little Christinas on the team and having a guy, a hot gay guy to boot, couldn't hurt.

by Anonymousreply 3010/31/2012

No R22, I'm talking about the ugly Leon Russell-looking guy who sings soul songs. The hispanic guy you're talking about is hot although I don't like his high pants.

by Anonymousreply 3110/31/2012

Nicholas (or whatever his name is) is wretched and awful.

by Anonymousreply 3211/01/2012

The White Stripes did a famous cover of Jolene a few years ago, so I think a lot of people have heard a guy singing it already.

by Anonymousreply 3311/01/2012

Wait, do we know that Dez is gay, or is that a speculation?

by Anonymousreply 3411/01/2012

Cassadee will get second place, mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 3511/01/2012

I was surprised to see Cody sing the song "Jolene" too. He was great! I wasn't sure if he did it to be bold or if he was making a statement about his sexuality. I am not fully convinced yet that he's gay; he may be just playing to women and gay men.

I think that all the coaches are good, but Blake is the weakest.

by Anonymousreply 3611/01/2012

Safe to assume Cody is gay,right? He and Dez are very cute and I think Blake has a hard on for Dez!

Sad to say but The Voice wants a marketable winner this time and like someone said,the stars seem to be aligning behind Dez or one of the younger female singers. I think the finals will be dominated by Team Xtina's singers.

by Anonymousreply 3711/01/2012

Sad to say, R37? The Voice has produced some great talent who have done nothing on the charts or anywhere else. I can't even name the previous winner(s). Dez has something of a potential to cross over. He's got the look and can sing as well as some teen idols.

Similarly, there has been nothing coming out of "American Idol" or "X Factor". AGT has created some decent Vegas headliners but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 3811/01/2012

I can assure you, Cody is gay. One of his goals in life is to the first openly gay male country artist. He is a very enjoyable person to be around, and a really great live performer. Y'all ain't seen nothin yet.

by Anonymousreply 3911/01/2012

More Dez:

by Anonymousreply 4011/01/2012

R39, it seems that you know something about Cody, who may be my favorite candidate. I like his voice, stage presence and his personality. If he happens to be gay, that's great. (I do wonder if you really know or is it more like gaydar/Datalounge speculation?)

My bigger question is: there's a blog (linked below, look towards bottom of page) that has this description of Cody Belew: "Cody Belew–Racist gay farmer"

The blogger doesn't seem to be going after the other contestants in his description of them. Do you have any idea why he'd describe Cody that way? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 4111/01/2012

R41, for what it's worth, Cody lived in Little Rock for many years, performing in the local venues, so I've seen and chatted with him a few times. Why the blogger in your link called him a "racist gay farmer," I have no idea. IMO, the blogger is generalizing across the board:

Racist = AR is a Southern state Gay = blogger is possibly homophobic Farmer = Beebe has a largely agricultural based economy.

Again, my perception of the blogger's post only. I've never heard anyone call Cody a racist, and I don't think I ever will. I would be shocked to learn otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 4211/01/2012

Thanks R42/39 for your reply. I really think Cody is sexy. In my head, the times you talked to him were at a gay bar.

by Anonymousreply 4311/01/2012

Our chats were in local music venues, during breaks between sets. I don't do the bar scene here (if people think Dallas' lipstick and prada queens are bad, Little Rock has some equally abhorrent, if not worse), but do enjoy live music. There are videos of his live performances on youtube in Little Rock, here's one.

by Anonymousreply 4411/01/2012

Look how young Cody looks here!

by Anonymousreply 4511/01/2012

I read on some website that Cody was among several local singers and/or bands who did a benefit for GLBT services in that area (wherever it was). That, coupled with the fact that he is very sexy but also rather feminine, would lead me to believe he is definitely gay. His FB page is also loaded with gay male "friends" who tell him how "adorable" he is, etc.

Not sure about Dez. Being as he was a jock in HS and college, it's unclear. He's a cutie though.

by Anonymousreply 4611/01/2012

R44, I have to ask you since your signature is "Bam Baaaam": Is that a Nashville/southern colloquial phrase? I've noticed Cody uses that phrase too, along with Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

by Anonymousreply 4711/01/2012

R47, I can't say that it is a Southern thing. I've lived here all my life and I've yet to hear it as a common expression. My usage is meant to show support for Cody. (It is fun to say though!)

by Anonymousreply 4811/01/2012

[quote] I think Blake has a hard on for Dez

I think Blake's in bed with that blonde 25-year-old country singer he keeps giving passes to. She certainly has been very physically chummy with him ever since the beginning, and she's usually the weaker of anyone she goes up against. She uses the slutty/sexy thing to make up for talent and Blake seems receptive to it.

by Anonymousreply 4911/01/2012

She sure looks like his type,judging by his wife,r49

by Anonymousreply 5011/01/2012

I love Cody! He's so fun to watch but Jolene showed he has a much better voice than I thought. Hope he does well in the audience votes next week. I'm not sure CeeLo would save him as a judges choice since he was ready to cut him last week until Avery self-destructed.

by Anonymousreply 5111/01/2012

My mother thinks Cody will win.

She thought Xtincta made some horrible choices.

If she only knew, I thought to myself.

by Anonymousreply 5211/01/2012

I actually think Cody is really hot. He reminds me of Thomas Dekker.

by Anonymousreply 5311/01/2012

Cody just sang "Jolene" (please don't take my man).

Middle America is hitting in their pants right now.

But Cody won the round.

by Anonymousreply 5411/01/2012

SHITTING

Goddamn I hate typing on this iPad!

by Anonymousreply 5511/01/2012

DES is surely gay, but he has the looks for teen idol success so that ambition along with religious parents probably keep him in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 5611/02/2012

I like 2/3 of the people who have gone through...but in other cases it ANNOYED THE FUCK OUTTA me that in the battle and knockout rounds, some strong singers had to compete against each other...I think all of those should have made it to the live show...instead we have some great singers and a few weak singers who were lucky to get by...I definitely don't agree with all the choices the judges have made so far.

by Anonymousreply 5711/02/2012

Any comments on Amanda's take on Dream On?

by Anonymousreply 5811/06/2012

R57 yes totally agree. Adam in particular has 3 singers who are weaker, while Blake has 4 strong singers. I think Adam likes weak voices since he can't really sing himself.

R58 I love Amanda. IMO she and Julio were the 2 standouts last night. #3 is that mohawk chick.

by Anonymousreply 5911/06/2012

I was so happy that she has not turned into a Mariah clone.

by Anonymousreply 6011/06/2012

Personally, I loved it, R58. Plus she has natural elegance and beautiful eyes which she knows how to make up to their greatest advantage. I joked to someone last night that the second biggest star of the night was her eye makeup. She did herself a real disservice by singing "Valerie" in the auditions. It didn't show off her voice at all and if CeeLo hadn't turned around at the last minute, she'd have been history.

I think Amanda will definitely finish in the top three. Trevon (the big black guy) will probably win. I see Cassidee Pope finishing strong, too.

I also like the mowhawk chick, Michaela. Does anyone else see a resemblance to a young Liza Minnelli? From the nose up, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6111/06/2012

Amanda Brown is an R&B rocker who can sing the powerhouse pop and soul songs. A natural beauty, with an easy sense of humor, she is the most entertaining performer on the show, including the coaches.

She gets points for stealing a line from RuPaul when Adam Levine told her she was "so easy to look at," replying: "Oooh, stop it -- keep it coming."

Can't wait for her rematch with Trevin Hunte.

by Anonymousreply 6211/06/2012

I think the show's producers will do whatever they can to stop Trevon from winning. They apparently want someone young and marketable this year to win. I think the awful Casadee Pope might win it all but I'm crossing my fingers for an unlikely Amanda Brown win.

by Anonymousreply 6311/07/2012

The only marketable one is Dez Duron. A great voice isn't enough. The Voice isn't even a big enough show to create that kind of interest. Hispanic Duron is the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 6411/07/2012

Pope should be eliminated after the votes come in...Dez is a solid singer but certainly not that good at all. He's hot and better than say a Kris Allen, but in the Voice, there are numeous singers better than Dez.

by Anonymousreply 6511/07/2012

Any opinions on Melanie Martinez?

by Anonymousreply 6611/07/2012

It's not about the voice. Dez is the only one up there I can see having a show biz career after it's over.

by Anonymousreply 6711/07/2012

I watched last night's show and once again Cody Belew was intriguing . He was a mix of great vocals, big personality, a tinge of girliness and appropriate sexiness. I liked him a lot.

by Anonymousreply 6811/08/2012

I cannot imagine Dez having a significant career beyond the Voice. And while everyone seems to love Trevin, I think he is one of the least marketable of all the singers.

Amanda is still the top itunes of all the singers even after the second night. She'll obviously go through on votes but I think it might be Melanie Martinez who also goes through: she has strong itunes (on a pretty unsellable song) and fantastic youtube views.

by Anonymousreply 6911/08/2012

Dez is so bland I fast forward through his songs. They'll only go with him if they want to play it really safe.

I liked Cody last night (and seriously, you guys can't tell he's gay?) and thought the Leon Russell guy, Nicholas, did a pretty good job as well. Nobody else really stood out,, even Trevin. So far, I think Amanda's got it in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 7011/08/2012

I think I'm finally familiar enough with everyone to make my picks: Cassadee, Melanie, Cody, and De'Borah.

by Anonymousreply 7111/08/2012

I was happy with Team Cee-Lo's cuts. I mean Diego was HOT but not the best singer. I'm glad that kid with the glasses is out. Team Adam SUCKS except for amazing Amanda. Melanie Martinez is cutesy but not a great singer. He shoulda kept that wedding singer girl. Team Christina is decent except I'd trade Dez for De'Borah or even the other girl. Dez just isn't a great singer. Team Blake disappointed me. Cassadee fucking sucks and was the worst of that bunch. I was rooting for Julio and the country gal along with mohawk gal. Julio and country gal shoulda made it. Overall, I like the choices much more than AI voting results.

by Anonymousreply 7211/09/2012

Any doubts about Hot Dez's sexuality were resolved when he hugged Xtina and said "You look gorgeous!"

by Anonymousreply 7311/09/2012

The finalists have been chosen. I love tha black guy that is going to win the whole thing. I like the bearded guy. My favorite didn't make it, the Mariachi singer. Yes I love Mariachi music, the beauty, the love the passion.

by Anonymousreply 7411/09/2012

The black guy is Trevin and he won't win the whole thing? Does the name Rueben ring a bell?

Performance wise, Des is already a solid professional. I was surprised by his work in the group number and you saw that the producers put him front and center. Last year's winner, Jermaine Paul looked great, sounded good but was a zero when it came to stage presence. After the number ended, you saw him darting his eyes, like, "is it over?"

by Anonymousreply 7511/09/2012

I'm glad Cee-Lo saved Cody. Cody surprised me with his rendition of George Michael's "One More Try." He was polished and absolutely nailed it. Plus, he's nice to look at. Also glad Nicholas made the cut. He's good, but I don't see him going very far.

Dez is probably the most unexceptional of all the finalists, but hey, he's cute, so he's gonna go far on looks alone.

by Anonymousreply 7611/11/2012

Last night with Dez, Cody and Trevin, this was the gayest show on TV.

by Anonymousreply 7711/13/2012

All the laughter all the tears

I want to see Terry and his shag/mullet/muppet hair

I want to see Dez and his dimples

I want to see Cody and his sashay

I want to Nicholas and his long hair

I want to see Melanie and her two toned hair and teethy gap

I want to see nameless diva girls and their screeching

I want to see Christina and her attitude

I want to see Adam and his tattoos

I want to see Blake and his hooded eyes and pretty hands

I want to see Bo and his jandras

I want to see Mandesa and her feets

All that and robotic host Carson on tonight's exciting show

by Anonymousreply 7811/13/2012

Ceelo doing the BeeGees

Oh My Ears!

by Anonymousreply 7911/13/2012

Cody is so fucking gorgeous, but I wish he's just shut up with his "elderly black woman" schtick and tone down his sass. There's no need to do the Pat Benatar tittie-shake while singing a George Michael ballad.

by Anonymousreply 8011/13/2012

Sigh...mohawk girl is so good...it seems the idiots invaded the show again. Dez is solid but nothing special...Melanie is so weak...

by Anonymousreply 8111/14/2012

I think the one suspect is gay, Cody, is fun and has the best personality of all the contestants. He's entertaining and has a good voice.

by Anonymousreply 8211/14/2012

^^ **the one everyone suspects is gay

by Anonymousreply 8311/14/2012

It's funny how he said his comment about Christina not watching his performance with her eyes open was his attempt at a joke when to the rest of us it sounded catty. Christina didn't get it, and after he was saved, you can see him trying to explain to her lmao

by Anonymousreply 8411/14/2012

Cody is so hot. I love the pale look. He's like a hotter version of Thomas Dekker. Amanda's performance of Spectrum was really bad, but I read that she was sick.

by Anonymousreply 8511/14/2012

R85 Amanda should have never lowered herself by picking a song by that talentless hack. She has a GREAT voice while Florence is tone deaf.

by Anonymousreply 8611/14/2012

I read something about Cassadoodle having 200k Facebook fans or something. I predict she will win.

Mark my words

by Anonymousreply 8711/14/2012

The Scottish dude with the shag haircut is gonna win.

They better put him in a plaid suit and have him sing S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night! before this is all over!

by Anonymousreply 8811/14/2012

Terry and Cody are my faves. Reuben, I mean Trevin, is good but fear his career would go the way of Reuben.

Poor Cody his "joke" went completely flat. I loved him nervousing trying to explain it to queen Christina.

Anyone have a screencap of Christina's face when Dez got through.? Priceless. She knew her diva was out the door.

by Anonymousreply 8911/14/2012

R86 Amanda actually didn't choose the song - it was Adam that picked this week. I believe she will pick again next week. I have no idea why Adam picked that song for her.

by Anonymousreply 9011/14/2012

Not necessarily, R87. Social media followers don't automatically translate to votes. Last season Tony Lucca had more than 500,000 twitter followers and he ended up in 3rd place.

by Anonymousreply 9111/14/2012

It seems everybody on the set and in the competition really likes Cody. The audience isn't voting for him, though, and neither are they voting for Melanie. A shame, because both of them are more interesting than, for instance, Sylvia Yacoub. Anyone remember her? Crickets.

Adam better pick a better song for Amanda this time. If I have to watch Cassadoodle (love that name) and Dez in the finals... Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 9211/14/2012

R92 if Melanie could deliver a performance like her first one (Toxic) people would vote for her. She actually does well on itunes and her youtube videos tend to get more views than the others (except for Cassadee).

by Anonymousreply 9311/15/2012

Love Amanda, but don't like her choice (or Adam's choice) of songs. She needs to do a jazzy, 40's style ballad like "My Funny Valentine" or "Ill Wind"...something very torchy with lots of glamour. She'd win in a heartbeat.

Cannot stand Kassadee. Her performance on Tuesday night was nothing but screeches, not a melody to be heard. And Melanie can't carry a note in a bucket...sure, she's "unique", but is being unique what a singing competition is all about?

Cody is a better singer than Dez, while Dez is more appealing as a stage presence.

Nicholas is great, but what a bizarre persona!

Trevin: fantastic, but I agree about the Reuben factor...plus, he's young.

Sylvia...blah, no opinion either way.

The rest I don't even remember.

by Anonymousreply 9411/15/2012

"My Funny Valentine"? Are you serious? The caftan and pearls crowd is not big enough to propel her to a win, and besides that Amanda wants to be a rocker/alternative artist. I think she should do some Janelle Monae.

by Anonymousreply 9511/16/2012

"Cold War" might be a good one for Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 9611/16/2012

"My Funny Valentine" is classic.

by Anonymousreply 9711/16/2012

Some people actually have taste, R95.

by Anonymousreply 9811/16/2012

I just really think Adam has no taste in music. I mean some of his picks for songs this season and also some of the people he picked over other people had me scratching my head.

by Anonymousreply 9911/16/2012

Amanda is so typical of these shows. She picks a big, blustery song (surprised she didn't do "And I'm Telling You") and everyone goes crazy over the fact that she can shriek. Subsequent performances prove that that's all she can do.

Like all these shows, the only stars made are the judges. I thankfully had never heard of Blake Shelton before this. Now we have to hear how he's "Entertainer of the Year" every week.

by Anonymousreply 10011/16/2012

Good show tonight.

Cody was working his inner Beyonce

I miss De'borah and her fake glasses

by Anonymousreply 10111/19/2012

Dez was pure cheese. Swiss or American?

by Anonymousreply 10211/19/2012

Dez is nothing special at all and I can't figure out why America creams itself over him. Maybe because he's bland and safe? Mildly talented in an unthreatening way?

I also fast forward past Brian Keith, but I at least can see his appeal.

Melanie is very cute when she has her mouth closed, but those teeth. I love her overall look and her musical style and hope she squeaks through, but I fear she'll be eliminated.

Terry MacDermott is good, but he's no more than a very talented cover band singer.

Cassadee is going to go far on her youth and marketability appeal.

I fucking love Amanda. She came back strong this week.

I still stand by my final three as predicted above in R61 as Trevin, Amanda, and Cassadee. How many are eliminated next time?

by Anonymousreply 10311/19/2012

Nooo not Cassadoodledee

by Anonymousreply 10411/19/2012

Did not enjoy Amanda butchering Stars tonight. Although I say that as a big Grace Potter fan.

Love Melanie.

by Anonymousreply 10511/19/2012

Not much talk about our sister Cody. How'd he do?

by Anonymousreply 10611/19/2012

Well, he's still a homosexual, R106. Which guys have done him, and can report back?

by Anonymousreply 10711/19/2012

Cody literally out-gayed himself this week.

by Anonymousreply 10811/19/2012

I'm ready for this to be over now". I want final 4 and then onto smash.

by Anonymousreply 10911/20/2012

If that's true about him being boldly gay in his performance tonight, I APPLAUD him. I will see how I can vote for him. I loved it when he performed "Jolene".

by Anonymousreply 11011/20/2012

I didn't say it was bad, it was just incredibly gay. He's a talented guy.

by Anonymousreply 11111/20/2012

Trevin and Sylvia were SO bad and off key. I almost couldn't watch Cody it was so embarrassing but he still really cute. No one was really great this week.

by Anonymousreply 11211/20/2012

The guy that sang the Billy Joel song has been one of my favorites and then the long haired guy.

by Anonymousreply 11311/20/2012

Amanda = LaToya London. Who? Nuff said.

Trevin proved himself to have quite a lack of singing talent and watching him trying to move that 300 pounds around the stage makes you understand they have a long way to go to groom him for even reality show stardom.

They've already decided on Dez as the chosen one (that female reaction has been extreme) and have already molded him as a Michael Buble style crooner. If I were Carson, I'd worry about him losing because I could easily see him hosting the show.

by Anonymousreply 11411/20/2012

Cody made it. All of ceelos team.

Christina only has block of cheese dez and she looked none too happy.

So glad Terry and his hair made it.

I might actually vote for Cassadoodle if she changes her name to Cassidy.

by Anonymousreply 11511/20/2012

My final four picks:

#2 Cassadee (Blake)

#1 Amanda (Adam)

#4 Cody (CeeLo)

#3 Terry (Blake)

by Anonymousreply 11611/20/2012

Terry MacDermott never should have made it passed tonight's round. I just don't understand how he did. The other two singers who were let go both had more talent than him.

by Anonymousreply 11711/20/2012

I feel bad for Terry because he gets shitty song choices from Blake.

by Anonymousreply 11811/20/2012

All these singers are derivitive and luke warm. .. Adam Levine needs to let me do him.

by Anonymousreply 11911/20/2012

Dez Duron has to be gay, right? I wonder if he and Cody are hooking up behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 12011/21/2012

Now that the two most boring ones are gone.... Who is next?

By the way, who else noticed Christina working the name of her new album into her "commentary" on Cassaddeigh? "You are so beautiful on stage tonight: like a LOTUS..."

Cody's jacket was an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 12111/21/2012

Adam and his entire team should have gone home after their group number. How can you mess up a foolproof song like Crazy Little Thing Called Love? It was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 12211/21/2012

Amanda did a great job of "Stars". She is a great singer.

Trevin just had a really bad night but anyone who thinks he can't sing doesn't have a good ear.

Cassadee was fine but her natural singing and pitch is so sharp I could never stand to hear her on the radio all the time.

Cody was blah. I appreciate he went for the gayness but he didn't hit the biggest notes. He let the chorus do it and his voice was underwhelming.

Dez sounded pretty good but he's boring and predictable. He's never gonna blow you away with his limited but pleasant voice. He's lucky he's hot.

The bearded guy sounded good.

Sylvia was mostly good but Xtina sabotaged her by encouraging her to oversing in her style.

The guy who sang Billy Joel was really good this week. Shame he went home with Sylvia.

Melanie...she is cute and has a cute voice but doesn't belong in the top 8. She's simply not that good.

Terry has a good voice but he should have been given a tougher song than fucking Bryan Adams. 80s power ballads are his forte.

by Anonymousreply 12311/21/2012

R123, How do you not know Nicholas's(bearded guy) name? He's one of the best singers on the show.

by Anonymousreply 12411/21/2012

Nicholas is Taylor Hicks only with longer hair. Whooooooooooo.

Did you hear Amanda trying to drown out her teammates in "Crazy Little Thing." Her shrieking sounded like Yoko Ono.

by Anonymousreply 12511/21/2012

I like Terry but his best performance was his first one.

If you're going to sing a Boston song, why not choose "Amanda". It would have been a change of pace and shown off his vocals better.

I think the next to go are either Dez, Amanda ,Nicholas , or Cody

Man two weeks in a row Christina gives that snarl face when Dez gets through., why did she pick him if he's so distasteful?

by Anonymousreply 12611/21/2012

It's Dez and Cassaddee for the finish. Dez cleans up nice. Here he is with cornrows. Thugzilla.

by Anonymousreply 12711/21/2012

I will not watch if the final 3 are Dez, Cassadee and Melanie since they are clearly the 3 weakest singers who made it to the live show round.

by Anonymousreply 12811/21/2012

R123 Cassadee's bigger problem is that she's always flat in her lower register. This was probably her best performance since she did have as much of a problem going flat but her pitch is a nightmare in general.

by Anonymousreply 12911/21/2012

Although Cassadoodle really interpreted the hell out of her song this week. There was some serious emotional resonance going on.

And Melanie might not have a big voice, but she's the only one on the show that has a distinct style. She's a musician, not just a singer.

by Anonymousreply 13011/21/2012

Trevin has an amazing voice, but he seems to lack the emotional maturity to interpret the songs he sings. Not just because he's a teenager; he seems young even for an eighteen year old. Performing that Usher song made him look like a kid wearing Daddy's shoes stomping around the living room. Once he's lived a little, or at least loses his virginity, I'm sure he'll really be something.

On a similar track, Dez strikes me as someone who's never been hungry for anything. Wealthy family, pretty face, Yale football star, etc. I'm sure he's had to work in his life, but not as hard as the average guy. His performances feel effortless, but not in the good way; he literally doesn't seem to be putting much effort into it. He doesn't have the natural talent to coast through this, but his face will keep him through till the end.

Cody seems to realize he's not going to win, and is just taking advantage of the exposure. Smart. Adam tried to throw a little shade by saying, "You're so [italic]cocky![/italic]" with his snarled-up face. For one, pot-kettle; for two, if you're not cocky, you have no business on a stage.

I appreciate Nicholas letting the show polish him up a little, trimming the beard and conking his hair out. You can be shaggy and still be neat about it. The hair color really makes a difference.

by Anonymousreply 13111/22/2012

Melanie, Dez and Cody should be the next 3 to go...

Adam really looks like he's in need of a constant shower. So gross.

by Anonymousreply 13211/22/2012

Cody is tinymeat who likes to get eaten out.

by Anonymousreply 13311/22/2012

I will be more than happy to assist Adam in the shower. I'll make sure all of his body is well lathered. No problem. Glad to be of service. Will leave no crack unleaned.

by Anonymousreply 13411/22/2012

There's a weird DL meme about saying that men with scruffy facial hair need a shower, as if one has to do with the other -- it's some weird mashup of body-hair fascism with body-image fascism.

by Anonymousreply 13511/22/2012

R135 it's not just the facial hair-often times the hair on Adam's head is a fucking mess and his clothes are sloppy. He's a slob and I'm sure he doesn't shower on weekends. I don't understand his appeal at all. He's not ugly at all but he's not sexy to me and he's just a scrawny and presumably stinky-looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 13611/22/2012

The only time he looks stinky is when he is sweating while performing, and even with his sweaty pits he is pure sex. He has stated he loves fashion and loves to mix it up with grunge at times. He changes his hair style many times. Sometimes it is as if he just got out of bed and sometimes it is perfectly styled. He probably is a slob at home, but so are many of us at times.

by Anonymousreply 13711/22/2012

So is Dez gay?

by Anonymousreply 13811/25/2012

All the laught all the tears

I want to see Cody and his sashay

I want to see Dez and his dimples

I want to see Terry and his mullet/shag/muppet hair

I want to see Amanda and her teefies

I want to see Nicholas and his flowing long hair

I want to see Ruben Studdard , I mean, Teven

I want to see Cassadoodle and her pitchiness

I want to see Christina and her tude

I want to see Blake and his hooded eyes and pretty hands

I want to see adam and his tattoos

All that and a robot host named Carson on tonites show

by Anonymousreply 13911/26/2012

Wow, Christina still a cunt to Amanda. She's very threatened.

by Anonymousreply 14011/26/2012

Yea Christina really lays it into Mandy

Nice that she is BFF with Cody

I actually enjoyed the choir more than the Codster

by Anonymousreply 14111/26/2012

Christina is in some kind of mood.

She cuts down Amanda,Terry, and Melinda but then says Dez is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everyone will buy his album.

Dez should hope he can get into soaps.

by Anonymousreply 14211/26/2012

[quote] Christina is in some kind of mood.

She [italic] is!! [/italic] She just busted Trevin's ass in a roundabout way. She must have read her "collapse" thread on here before going on stage. Or gotten feedback from her latest CD flop.

by Anonymousreply 14311/26/2012

How/what did sister Cody perform?

by Anonymousreply 14411/26/2012

Cody performed a Freddie Mercury song. Was OK, too much production, too little song

by Anonymousreply 14511/26/2012

Thanks R145. Well, his performance of Beyonce's song last week was more production and showing off his voice. I guess he feels he can't compete on vocal strength so he relies on back up singers and stage production. Nonetheless, I want him to win because he takes big chances and he's a dude diva.

by Anonymousreply 14611/26/2012

Tomorrow will be interesting who has the fan base and who doesn't

by Anonymousreply 14711/26/2012

Oh my ears! Cassadoodle

Way,way pitchy. But she is the ringer. Final spot, no commentary from moody Christina, and the wind machine, she's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 14811/26/2012

Where the heck did Xtina go? Anyone else notice she was missing from the last few performances?

Maybe she went in search of a sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 14911/26/2012

I can't help it. I like Cassadoodle and her imperfect voice. I would never buy her music but she's the one I think of as the most mainstream and marketable. I could totally see her as the most successful post-Voice.

My predictions to go: Terry and Dez.

by Anonymousreply 15011/26/2012

The beard, the beard, the beard will rule

by Anonymousreply 15111/27/2012

It's tragic that Amanda will be gone tonight -- and that the show is so blatant about wanting to be rid of her that they put her in the death slot first instead of putting someone like Cassadee or Dez there who will get votes no matter what -- but she clearly has no base of support so it's remarkable she's made it as far as she has. Her constituency is all people who're not really watching and voting: gay men, African-Americans, and mature adults (which is why all the bloggers and recappers love her more than the tweenage voters do).

by Anonymousreply 15211/27/2012

I think Terry is going home this week for sure. The second one to go home is harder to guess.

by Anonymousreply 15311/27/2012

Also, Cassadoodle made top ten on iTunes again this week. And her song from last week is still at 13.

by Anonymousreply 15411/27/2012

Melanie made it again, too.

by Anonymousreply 15511/27/2012

Amanda is exactly like Melinda Doolittle or whatever her name was on AI several seasons back. Career as a background singer but can't come to the forefront with any distinction. In the group numbers, she's blended nicely in the background.

The last two winners of this show have both been African Americans so I don't buy that that voting block isn't watching and voting but nice post-Obama/Romney spin. Maybe they're bored with Amanda as well.

by Anonymousreply 15611/27/2012

R156 Amanda is nothing like Melinda Doolittle.

Is Trevin getting thinner and developing a slight Jamaican accent? Still no personality though: time for him to go home.

Cass has this show in the bag but her voice is weak and she is constantly off key (but last night's was not bad pitch wise).

I think Cody is going home for sure and maybe Dez?

by Anonymousreply 15711/27/2012

The beard will win

by Anonymousreply 15811/27/2012

R157, the comparison is solid: Both Amanda and Melinda are background singers and nothing more. Poor Amanda had one overwrought moment and has been coasting on that ever since. She will never have a solo career, certainly not because of "The Voice."

by Anonymousreply 15911/27/2012

Oh my!!! Dez and Cody are gone!!! Didn't expect that one.

by Anonymousreply 16011/27/2012

Pulling out the Jesus card should be an automatic disqualification. I'm sure all the contestants say they love Jesus. I doubt that, if Jesus weren't dead, he wouldt care who wins "The Voice."

by Anonymousreply 16111/27/2012

Poor Cody. Should have been Terry packing it up with Dez.

by Anonymousreply 16211/27/2012

I had to stop watching because of all the Jesus shit on this show. It makes me so angry and I just don't need that in my life. So no more Voice for me.

by Anonymousreply 16311/27/2012

Dez was and will always be a terrible singer. Xtina has nobody left. BWAHAAAHAAAA! Not only is her record in the toilet, but her singers got the boot by America. She ought to be nicer next year. The voters don't like mean.

by Anonymousreply 16411/27/2012

Christina seemed to know all night that Dez wasn't going to make it through.

ITA with R162. Terry's not all that and Cody was much more fun to watch. I kind of tuned out on Terry's segments like I did with Dez's.

by Anonymousreply 16511/27/2012

Well, back to the stubby Arkansas cock for me!

by Anonymousreply 16611/27/2012

Nick is boring. Cassadee is awful and how she got this far is puzzling. The girl with the two tone hair is a one trick pony. Cody should still be there over them. Dez is most notable for his looks but I wish he were still there over these other three.

by Anonymousreply 16711/27/2012

If either Dez or Cody hadn't been saved last week, the survivor would have made it through this week.

by Anonymousreply 16811/27/2012

two cute gay guys axed in one night?! the remaining guys are so ooogly.

by Anonymousreply 16911/27/2012

Oh Christina should be real fun next week. Poor Amanda will probably get the wrath,

I'm rooting for Terry and his bad hair for snickers and giggles

by Anonymousreply 17011/27/2012

Christina's closet case from last year Chris Mann was on the Today Show this morning and will be featured on the Rockerfeller tree lighting ceremony this week as well.

by Anonymousreply 17111/28/2012

Oh, poor Dez! He sacrificed so much to take a chance on himself and now it didn't work out! And it's not as if he can just go waltzing back to the Yale football team! What is this privileged young man who's obviously always coasted on his looks and minimal talent going to do now?

by Anonymousreply 17211/28/2012

Sufficiently disappointing group that I have to wonder about some of those passed by in the process

by Anonymousreply 17311/28/2012

A guy coasting on looks and minimal talent? Sounds perfect for Hollywood.

Check back next year. He'll be the only one from this group anyone has heard of, although mercifully not as a singer. In fact, he's already been contacted about doing bits for "Access Hollywood."

by Anonymousreply 17411/28/2012

Dez is the next Mario. Mario must be very scared.

by Anonymousreply 17511/28/2012

Dez made the mistake of singing a Justin Bieber song. No one wanted to buy that except for the bieber fanatics who weren't going to switch loyalties/

Cody was fun but Ceelo doesn't know how to showcase his singers. He had him backed up by a huge choir so you could barely hear his voice. Simpler is always better. That's why Melanie with the barely above a whisper voice is still there.

by Anonymousreply 17611/28/2012

Dez should probably consider an acting career if anything...no more singing. That's not going to go anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 17711/28/2012

[quote] Oh Christina should be real fun next week. Poor Amanda will probably get the wrath

Spot on, R170!! They didn't call on Christina to comment on Amanda's performance of "Natural Woman," so she coughed and snorted audibly all through the other judges' comments.

by Anonymousreply 17812/03/2012

God, what a bitch that Christina. She finally gave mild praise to Amanda for her second performance, and couldn't really come up with anything to say to Melanie, except to tell her that she should be grateful for the talented set designer. And what is up with her overwhelming adoration for Cassidee?? The girl is unexceptional compared to the other singers, save Melanie.

by Anonymousreply 17912/04/2012

I don't get the Cassidee thing either. I don't know anything technically but I don't want to hear her sing. Christiana is so bitchy, she comes close to ruining the show for me. She is jealous of Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 18012/04/2012

The young guy killed that Dreamgirls song. That was scary fucking good. However, he seriously sounds just like a female. It's amazing, but sort of odd.

by Anonymousreply 18112/04/2012

And what was that with him saying it was "a Jennifer Hudson song"? Now I know how Whoopi Goldberg feels when she watches the Saturday Night Live skits with Kenan Thompson in a dress.

Pull up your Pampers and sing a MAN song!

by Anonymousreply 18212/04/2012

Hudson may have sung the song well but Jennifer Holliday sang it like no one else ever has . She sends the emotional content in the song into orbit. A few years ago a young girl on America's got talent really gave this song a go. Seems like she even won the competition, never heard from her again

by Anonymousreply 18312/04/2012

I love how Xtina went on and on about thanking the set designer, and then Adam's like, "yo bitch, that was us."

by Anonymousreply 18412/04/2012

Christina was such a cunt last night. Thank God she won't be on season four.

by Anonymousreply 18512/04/2012

Was it really a surprise that Trevin sang and sang well And I Am Telling You? He was finally getting in touch with his inner gay diva on the show.

by Anonymousreply 18612/04/2012

I hate the girl with the two-tone hair so it's fun to watch Xtina throw shade at her.

by Anonymousreply 18712/04/2012

I love Nicholas but I fear he'll be eliminated tonight.

I really liked Terry's rendition of Stay With Me, it was the first time I've liked him all season, but I think he should go. He won't go because he's a consistent fan favorite and the judges constantly rave about his perfect pitch.

Cassadee's another one who really can't sing (she screams/screeches), but again she's so popular there's no way she'll be eliminated.

Trevin and Amanda will be staying.

The average viewer/voter can't relate to the individual styles, personal and musical, of Melanie or Nicholas. I live in Middle America and I've heard derogatory comments about the appearance of both, although mostly from people who are 50+ years old. If those people vote, I think they'll be the two eliminated tonight.

Personally, I'd get Terry and Cassadee out of there. I'd love it if Nicholas took the whole thing, but that's a huge long shot. I think it'll be between Cassadee and Trevin in the end.

by Anonymousreply 18812/04/2012

R183 Holiday hasn't sung the song well in years though. She murders it when she tries to sing it now - she's terrible.

I think Melanie will be staying. She's very popular on itunes and youtube. Both she and Cassadee appeal to female voters which is absolutely critical in these singing shows. They're both non-threatening sexually which is a plus (skanky Xtina would be kicked off first if she was on a competition like this).

Cassadee will easily win the entire show though. I'm guessing the judges and production know this and are just trying to position her for post-show success at this point.

by Anonymousreply 18912/04/2012

Whats so special about Nicholas? I don't understand his appeal at all. He doesn't have a great voice.

by Anonymousreply 19012/04/2012

To decide who's staying you have to look at the itunes results especially as they get 10 times the votes if they get to the top 10.

Top 10: #2. Terry McDermott #3 Cassadee Pope #4 Nicholas David #7 Cassadee Pope (her second song) #8 Trevin Hunte

Therefore going home: Melanie & Amanda. Poor Adam's team.

by Anonymousreply 19112/04/2012

Nicholas and Trevin's second songs were the lowest on the iTunes charts, were much lower than both of Amanda and Melanie's, and they were both genuinely terrible, so people may not vote for them in the other voting options.

If all of Team Adam goes tonight, I won't have anyone left to root for. :(

by Anonymousreply 19212/04/2012

[quote]and couldn't really come up with anything to say to Melanie, except to tell her that she should be grateful for the talented set designer.

Christina actually gave Melanie two great suggestions for the kind of song she should be singing next. And Melanie, while furiously nodding her head in agreement, looked more alive in that moment than she did throughout that entire terrible song Adam had her do.

by Anonymousreply 19312/04/2012

If by alive you mean terrified to death of the crazy lady who kept complimenting the set & then saying you're not looking at me, why isn't she looking at me, then I guess we'd agree. Poor Melanie probably had nightmares from this.

by Anonymousreply 19412/04/2012

No, by alive I mean excited at having a coach give her advice she could actually use instead of blowing smoke up her ass by telling her she's so unique and a true artist, blah, blah, blah. I wouldn't be surprised if her next choice is that damn Fiona Apple song.

by Anonymousreply 19512/04/2012

[R195] She won't have a next choice. Unique and quirky but she can't sing for shit. She is only 17 if I am not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 19612/04/2012

I think Melanie will be going home tonight. I can deal with that, but the way Christina purposefully snubbed her tonight by not even mentioning her performance was pretty rude. In fact, Christina has been a down right nasty bitch to this little girl. So not impressed.

by Anonymousreply 19712/04/2012

Yay, Nicholas!!! See ya Amanda. Very over-rated singer. Just wish Cassadeeeee was the second one sent home.

by Anonymousreply 19812/04/2012

Terry needs to be booted. For that matter, so does Xtina. She's a rotten bitch.

by Anonymousreply 19912/05/2012

I like Terry, but my favorite is Nicholas. Was surprised Amanda got sent home.

by Anonymousreply 20012/05/2012

Nicholas sucks! They sent the wrong singer home.

by Anonymousreply 20112/05/2012

Guess I'm stuck with Cassadoodle now. I wanted Terry and Trevin to go home.

by Anonymousreply 20212/05/2012

[quote] Pull up your Pampers and sing a MAN song!

He did sing a man song, R182; When A Man Loves A Woman. As I recall, CeeLo had to coach him quite a lot to get him to sing it sincerely and believably. The only thing that got him through were his usual vocal acrobatics.

And really, his performance of Walking On Sunshine this week kind of removed any doubt from my mind that he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 20312/05/2012

Nicholas is a wonderful musician. He has his own style and is a real pro. One of the judges commented that listening to him was like listening to a legend. I can see how he is too old school for younger people. I always ask myself, who would I pay and go out to see and Nick is the only one I would want to see. Big voices like Trevin are great for a few songs and then my ears are worn out.

by Anonymousreply 20412/05/2012

Melanie's appeal I could understand. Even though her voice wasn't strong, it had a charm all its own. I could listen to her all day. I gather that's how some people feel about Nicholas, but I'm not feeling it with him. For my taste, the wrong singers were sent home.

Btw, I love how she took Xtina's advice and sang "Criminal" as her last song.

by Anonymousreply 20512/05/2012

It may well come down to Terry and Cassuh-DEEEE as the two finalists, based on popularity with the fans and voters. Those are the two I'd have gotten out of there this week.

by Anonymousreply 20712/05/2012

[R207]

You might be right

by Anonymousreply 20812/05/2012

Nicolas will be out next. Terry will probably follow as the producers would rather have Trevin for his story more than Terry's less dramatic one. Either way, Cassadee's win over either of them will be the show's Jump the Shark moment.

by Anonymousreply 20912/06/2012

Oh crap, it looks like it IS going to come down to Terry and Cassadee in end. I still don't get Terry's massive appeal.

by Anonymousreply 21012/11/2012

OP's subject headline apparently holds true only for women. A girl has yet to make it to the finals who isn't young, thin, and cute.

by Anonymousreply 21112/11/2012

Terry is good, but one note. He also doesn't seem as warm and likable as the other contestants.

by Anonymousreply 21212/11/2012

Nick Nicholas, NICK's the man

by Anonymousreply 21312/11/2012

[R209] So much for that

by Anonymousreply 21412/11/2012

Are we believing that Nick is 31? He did llook better with his makeover last night.

I also liked that Terry's muppet shag got a slight makeover.

Why no song from Tony Lucca? I wanted to see Christina start texting or making a phone call during his performance.

Oh my ears the beginning of Juliette's song.

Oh my ears Rayanne's entire song.

Chris Mann was kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 21512/11/2012

There's no suspense. Just look at the itunes standings and you can see who'll go home every week.

Cassadee is going to win. They count all the songs that you've sold on itunes from the beginning of the show for the finale. She has sold the most. She has the #1 song still on itunes plus a song she sang in November is still on the chart at #51.

by Anonymousreply 21612/11/2012

Trevin sang the worst last night. So, bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 21712/11/2012

[R19] The messy guy's singing sucked so bad he made the finals.

by Anonymousreply 21812/12/2012

R211, Beverly in season one was not young, thin, or cute. She was a bald lesbian with a cane.

by Anonymousreply 21912/12/2012

I forgot about Beverly. I hope she doesn't turn out to be the only exception. I feel like the best female singers are continually passed over in favor of someone better-looking.

by Anonymousreply 22012/12/2012

The Hobbit for the win!

by Anonymousreply 22112/12/2012

I voted for Beverly. When you get to the finals they are all good singers. I voted for Beverly not because she was Lesbian. She left every fiber of her being on the stage every time she sang

by Anonymousreply 22212/12/2012

[quote]Are we believing that Nick is 31? He did llook better with his makeover last night.

I know him. He is 31.

by Anonymousreply 22312/12/2012

I like Nicholas' sound. I wish he'd do something a little more modern like a Mayer Hawthorne song. That's a nice mixture of modern & white guy soul.

by Anonymousreply 22412/12/2012

One thing I consider when I hear someone sing,would I want to put that on and listen to the whole thing often. Some of the singers like Trevin and for me Cassidy after a couple of numbers it is more than my ears can take. I like the smaller doses not the full dose. I could put Nick on and just let it play and play. What a dud I am

by Anonymousreply 22512/12/2012

I realize this is all about "the voice" and not about "sales" but does anyone anywhere believe that Nicholas will appeal to the people who actually buy music and concert tickets? Or is that completely a non issue?

by Anonymousreply 22612/12/2012

That doesn't seem to be an issue. People seem to think that Nick (much like Tony Lucca last season) is a musical artist, not a pop star in waiting.

by Anonymousreply 22712/12/2012

Is Nick a struggling musician or does he have another occupation? He did buy a house.Is this a hobby?

by Anonymousreply 22812/12/2012

Nick will not fill a stadium but I think he will have a career even when he loses. The younger crowd will not be interested, but that is not his audience. Wish they calculated demographics just out of curiosity. Pop stars come and go, Nick is timeless and very versatile, he plays the piano. He is not only an artist he is a performer.

by Anonymousreply 22912/12/2012

I'm so not a fan of Terry. I think he's quite full of himself. His little winks, thumbs up, etc. drive me nuts. I wanted him to get tossed last night (and I don't mean his salad).

by Anonymousreply 23012/12/2012

Oh my ears! I don't think I can take much more of Cassidee's singing, but then I'm not a 13 year old teen.

by Anonymousreply 23112/18/2012

I don't know what it is about her, but I still like Cassadoodle.

Last night's song is #1 on itunes and her other one is top ten, so she has this in the bag. She'll certainly be more successful than either Javier or Jermaine.

by Anonymousreply 23212/18/2012

Of course it's about sales. The last two winners have bombed and although they've tried to put of the losers through, they've not succeeded either. TV, like AI, is a show.

However, Cassadee's ranking on itunes is extremely impressive. Not just for the number but also for the length of time they've been appearing. She might buck the trend and actually sell something. The others will be forgotten as soon as the next season starts.

The star to come out of this season will be Dez. DYK, he's already caught the eye of......Calvin Klein. Nick Gruber, you've been replaced.

by Anonymousreply 23312/18/2012

If that's Gruber's replacement then that would be a huge improvement.

Cassadee will win but Nick was more fun last night. He'd probably do better in concerts than in selling.

by Anonymousreply 23412/18/2012

You don't have a concert career without selling music.

by Anonymousreply 23512/18/2012

Cassadee really hit the country thing hard last night.

by Anonymousreply 23612/18/2012

Yes, Casadee will win and she will flop as much as the others. It's hard to imagine anyone buying a whole album of her shrill screeching or paying over $100 to see her live in concert. I can't wait for all these singing shows go go away. I stopped watching Idol years ago, never bothered with X Factor and with Casadee's win will stop with The Voice as well.

by Anonymousreply 23712/18/2012

The hobbit for the win!

But of course, it will be Cassadoodle. If she goes into country, she might be able to make a living as a singer. Otherwise in year, it will be "Cassadoodle who?" and life as a coffee bar singer.

by Anonymousreply 23812/18/2012

Nick, Soul Patrol is calling.

by Anonymousreply 23912/18/2012

Yawn

Anyone going to watch shak and usher?

by Anonymousreply 24012/18/2012

Not surprised by who won.

by Anonymousreply 24112/19/2012

If Cassadee changes her name to Cassie Pope or DeeDee Pope, she has a chance to make it as a country singer.

by Anonymousreply 24212/19/2012

I'm just so glad it wasn't Terry. There was just something about his mannerisms that I found annoying.

by Anonymousreply 24312/19/2012

Argh. They are playing Cassadoodle's "Over You" on the radio now. I will admit the radio version of the song sounds better than it did when she sang it live.

by Anonymousreply 24412/19/2012

What happened to E.G. Daly? Last I saw, she won her battle, it wasn't even aired, just a clip of her winning and then nothing. When was she eliminated?

by Anonymousreply 24511/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.