Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Betty Broderick Night!

It's Betty Broderick Night on Lifetime Movie Network!

Meredith Baxter-Birney as a woman scorned!

Cue the scenery for chewing!

by Anonymousreply 4106/16/2013

Bitch. She hasn't changed one bit. She is still glad she killed them, they are dead and she is alive.

by Anonymousreply 103/11/2012

I love the first movie. Meredith Baxter chewed the scenery but she captured Betty's terrifying insanity.

by Anonymousreply 203/11/2012

The real Betty chewed the scenery too.

by Anonymousreply 303/11/2012

If Ms. Broderick didn't exist, we'd have to invent her.

by Anonymousreply 403/11/2012

Horrible woman.

by Anonymousreply 603/11/2012

Wow, they're really ugly

by Anonymousreply 703/11/2012

R5, the link doesn't work

by Anonymousreply 803/12/2012

I think of her as one of the patron saints of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 903/12/2012

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 1003/12/2012

Dan Jr. looks just like his father. I wonder if the any of the kids have contact with Betty at all.

by Anonymousreply 1103/12/2012

Well they're certainly not going to have contact with their late goat of a father or the dead slut, are they?

by Anonymousreply 1203/12/2012

We bet Betty and Meredith have a lot more in common now considering Betty's address for the past 20 or so years.

by Anonymousreply 1303/12/2012

Yes, I believe they do still have contact with her to some extent. Some of the kids more than the others. One of the sons argued against her release on parole recently. Though he says he has forgiven his mother IIRC he said something about her stil being angry. That she's not remorseful and he thinks she could still be a danger.

I don't think the kids live near her prison.

by Anonymousreply 1403/12/2012

It's a good thing I don't approve of murder because if I did, I would have to congratulate her. He was a total prick who built his fortune on her back then threw her out with a pittance. He asked for it.

by Anonymousreply 1503/12/2012

Please, 15. The woman was a nightmare from the beginning and seems to have made her husband's life hell. She enjoyed a lovely life after HE finished school. They didn't get married until 1969 and Dan started making big money as a lawyer in the early 1970s. He also worked hard for his life. Why does she get more credit than he does? He would have finished both med schol and law school without her.

He was very generous with her during the divorce. She was getting well over $100K a year in the 1980s when that was huge money. She is the one who kept demanding more in an attempt to punish him and delay the divorce. Her behavior for many years before she murdered Dan and his wife was deliberately malicious and cruel not only to Dan but to her own children. She was and seems to remain nothing but a selfish bitch. She is exactly where she belongs.

Go back to iVillage.

by Anonymousreply 1603/13/2012

Yippee, Betty is on again. I love the scenery in San Diego.

by Anonymousreply 1703/29/2012

how could they make a sequel? she's in JAIL!?

by Anonymousreply 1803/29/2012

It's Her Final Fury!

by Anonymousreply 1903/29/2012

Who is this sycophant-psycho friend of Betty that is laughing and giggling over Betty killing two people? "Oh Betty everyone is talking about you, la la're famous. ok freak.

by Anonymousreply 2003/29/2012

Actually all of her kids are in contact with her. One of the reporters that Betty talked to early on still corresponds with Betty from time to time and sent the reporter a photo of herself the kids and her two grandkids.

R16 doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. The book Until The 12th of Never is a great book about the case. Neither Dan, Linda or Betty come off very well in it. Betty worked so Dan could go to both law and medical school. You obviously have no clue the legal tricks Dan was doing in order to reduce Betty's alimony and cut her divorce settlement from 50% of what they had at the time of the divorce to around 10%. Betty's alimony wasn't even 20% of what Dan was taking home every month.

Linda sent Betty clippings of ads for wrinkle creams, fat farms, and a photo of herself and Dan with the words "eat your heart out bitch" scrawled on it. Betty's sons had to take Dan's brother to court to get money that belonged to them.

The kids are the only ones that deserve any kind of sympathy. This website has some good info about the case.

Linda Kolkena Broderick was a apparently a relative of Cheryl's. Linda's pussy stunk and Dan came home and positioned his hand near Betty's face to make sure she smelled Linda's lady rot.

by Anonymousreply 2104/23/2012

Blog about Dan and Betty some of the comments from people who knew all three of them are pretty interesting.

by Anonymousreply 2204/23/2012

[quote]She is exactly where she belongs.

So are Dan and Linda.

by Anonymousreply 2304/23/2012

r22 excellent blog about this case! thanks for sharing

by Anonymousreply 2404/24/2012

Bumping this up because it's Betty Broderick Night again tonight (June 21), the original and sequel are on Lifetime right now (Eastern Time).

by Anonymousreply 2506/21/2012

Okay..fess up!!

How many of you will be in BB drag tonight when you watch this?

C' many?

by Anonymousreply 2606/21/2012

I have been so busy with work and family drama, I am going to have a glass of wine and watch the BB Woman Scorned sequel tonight.

by Anonymousreply 2706/21/2012

Right here with you!

by Anonymousreply 2806/21/2012

Please, 16. Dan was not very generous with her during the divorce. He did everything to make sure she did not get her rightful share of the material assests. He even went so far as to hide his assests. The man was worth more than $100K, had he not been buddies with the Judge who presided over their divorce case, Betty would have walked away with a lot more than she did.

As for her being a nightmare who made her husband's life a hell from the beginning, it doesn't sound like Dan was a dream who made Betty's life easy, the man was not an innocent angel. Had he just been upfront when he fell for Linda instead of carrying on an affair for three years before leaving Betty and using his power and influence to deny her rightful share of their marital property and more importantly, refrained from taunting her (one example: having Linda notarize all the legal papers sent to Betty), he might be alive.

[He also worked hard for his life. Why does she get more credit than he does? He would have finished both med schol and law school without her.]

Considering that he was poor and had children to support when he was going through med school and law school, it's doubtful that he would have finished without her. Betty also worked hard for his success, she worked multiple jobs and cared for the house and kids so he could continue his studies. Betty played a huge role in his success.

by Anonymousreply 2909/09/2012

If Dan Broderick were still alive, he would be almost 70 years old.

Dan Jr. looks a lot like him.

by Anonymousreply 3009/12/2012

Both movies are on Lifetime tonight

by Anonymousreply 3103/23/2013

I got off lucky.

by Anonymousreply 3203/23/2013

She deserved the good life!

by Anonymousreply 3303/23/2013

No, they aren't, r31.

by Anonymousreply 3403/23/2013

I apologize, r31; I looked at Lifetime instead of Lifetime Movie.

by Anonymousreply 3503/23/2013

We've got the DVR set.

by Anonymousreply 3603/23/2013

The sons are handsome. Any sightings in the Hillcrest area or gym?

by Anonymousreply 3703/23/2013

r35, Lifetime's movie tonight is pretty good, Romeo Killer, another true life murder story. Right now they're showing a documentary about the killer. The movie repeats at midnight est.

by Anonymousreply 3803/23/2013

The real life Betty sounded more like LaToya Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 3903/24/2013

On right now.

by Anonymousreply 4006/16/2013

Love the posts about her on the Tuesday Weld site

by Anonymousreply 4106/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!