Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What Happened To Joan Rivers' Voice?

She sounds like Rita Cosby now!

Her voice was always horrible, but it's excruciating to listen to now. When I heard her, I thought someone was doing a bad impersonation, but no, it was her.

Does she have lung cancer or something?

by Anonymousreply 4801/17/2015

You should stop listening to her then, OP.

by Anonymousreply 103/11/2012

You mean as opposed to her ealrier dulcet-toned days?

"WHOuyya wearin? WHOuyya wearin? Yalook GAWjuss! Yalook GAWjuss!"

by Anonymousreply 203/11/2012

I agree with you, OP - her voice seems much more hoarse lately. I especially noticed it on the last episode of Fashion Police. And I thought the same thing ... is she a smoker?

by Anonymousreply 503/11/2012

Too much cock in her mouth, not enough saliva.

by Anonymousreply 603/11/2012

She fried out her vocal chords by projecting from her throat. You can't scream like a harpie for 50 years without that happening.

by Anonymousreply 803/11/2012

She said in her intro this week on fashion police that she has a cold, and to bear with her. Seriously, that's what's up with her voice.

by Anonymousreply 1003/13/2012

OMG Joan is OFF HER ROCKER on qvc RIGHT NOW. She is talking about her "puss" and cussing. the hosts are mortified. is she on flu meds? new level of joan!! Deserves it's own thread.

by Anonymousreply 1101/17/2013

now she's going on about all the girls in her office getting the period at the same time. she is on some kathy griffin on new years shit here.

by Anonymousreply 1201/17/2013

You cannot make your nose that small and still speak with any resonance or nuance.

Important singers will rarely submit their nose to surgery.

Yeah, she has yelled for a long time, but her horrible sound increased with each nose job. Three at least.

Nose jobs are for huge honkers with lots of excess bone or trauma victims, but of course that is not the way it is often practiced. Like an old school facelift, one operation is enough, but can also be a mistake.

A performer takes great risk with a rhinoplasty. It is the cosmetic surgery that requires the most "revision." Most always there are complications in breathing and sound, and dissatisfaction with the way it looks. Many repeat customers.

Joan has the nose of a burn victim or face transplant. She squacks only from her throat.

She is not likely to croak for a long time, permanently. Yet she must croak all day. Can we talk ?

by Anonymousreply 1401/17/2013

You think it might be because she's about 90?

by Anonymousreply 1601/17/2013

R11 Wow, I'm surprised they didn't throw her off.

by Anonymousreply 1701/18/2013

[quote] You cannot make your nose that small and still speak with any resonance or nuance.

I beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 1801/18/2013

Dottie Herman, president of New York's Prudential Douglas Elliman realty firm must've won the "Joan Rivers Soundalike Contest." She's on WOR-710 Saturdays 10:00-Noon.

by Anonymousreply 2001/18/2013

JOAN WILL BE 80 THIS YEAR. She's old! Your voice deteriorates as you age just like everything else does. All of her nose jobs were done a long time ago and didn't make any difference. Btw lots of singers/actors had nose jobs -- Diahann Carroll, Lena Horne, Anthony Newley for example.

I don't see anything wrong with Joan's voice.

by Anonymousreply 2101/18/2013

[quote] Btw lots of singers/actors had nose jobs -- Diahann Carroll, Lena Horne, Anthony Newley for example.

I love your choices, Fran.

by Anonymousreply 2201/18/2013

Joan Rivers will be 80 years old and she has had so much skin removed that there is less of her here than was discarded.

Because she has been physically condensed, what is left is rougher in texture. That goes for her voice.

But if someone could come up with a vocal cord peel and tightening, I'm sure she'd elect.

by Anonymousreply 2301/18/2013

I just read an article in InTouch Weekly that Joan has her voice digitally altered to sound even more like Dottie Herman, president of New York's Prudential Douglas Elliman. (She's on WOR-710 Saturdays 10:00-Noon!!!)

by Anonymousreply 2401/18/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2501/18/2013

Joan Rivers is such an insufferable cunt! I remember trying to listen to her old WOR radio show that lasted for five years and thinking about jumping off a bridge! Her voice back in that period 97-2002 was beyond annoying,now it's become intolerable.

OP, funny how Rita Cosby is now on WOR and Dottie Herman was mentioned twice and she's on WOR as well...

by Anonymousreply 2601/18/2013

Rita Cosby is a real person? I assumed it was a reference to one of the grandmothers on The Cosby Show.

by Anonymousreply 2701/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 2801/18/2013

The Rivers Roast was a letdown

by Anonymousreply 2901/18/2013

Love Joan Rivers, seems that Joan has been speaking from her throat and not her diaphram for all of her life. It's taken its toll on her vocal chords.

Joan's voice is horribly hoarse--and it's not totally from flu medicine. It might be a bit worse at the moment, but she always sounds scratchy and hoarse. And it's getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 3001/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 3101/18/2013

When I was flipping through the channels yesterday, Joan was on QVC and her voice sounded completely shot! It sounded SO hoarse (worse than usual) and it sounded like she could barely get a sound out of her throat.

I guess all that screaming over 80 years has taken it's toll.

by Anonymousreply 3204/23/2013

She screams at Melissa too much to read her lines more naturally.

by Anonymousreply 3304/23/2013

Gilbert Gottfried killed at the roast of Joan Rivers. I'm linking to a you tube upload of what he did because it is just that funny. It is NSFW at all.

With Joan's voice I think it is her past history with smoking, playing in smoke filled clubs, and her screaming on stage- which has just finally tired out her voice. It is somewhat natural since all ladies voices age in some way. The thing will be if she can obtain assistance from a vocal coach and learn how to deal with it. I would guess she will.

by Anonymousreply 3504/23/2013

When you've had a ton of cocks down your throat it takes a toll. Trust me Joanie would know......

by Anonymousreply 3604/24/2013

This thread is over 2 years old. The OP noticed something different about her voice. I guess her vocal cords were deteriorating and that is why she went to have a procedure done on them. The procedure in August 2014 led to her death.

by Anonymousreply 3708/30/2014

My friend Julie told her to have that procedure done.

by Anonymousreply 3808/30/2014

R37 I'm not dead yet, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 3908/30/2014

by Anonymousreply 4008/31/2014

Is this Gods way of telling her that the ill statement that came out of her throat about the Palestinians was inhumane???!!! Be careful what you say...for God works in mysterious ways!

by Anonymousreply 4109/01/2014

I was right, R39. :(

by Anonymousreply 4209/05/2014

Well, in light of her recent death from having her vocal cords looked at, she probably listened to you guys -- people in show biz sometimes worry what other people think too much -- and was so self loathing that she was already correcting a nose that didn't need correction like Michael Jackson for years. I wouldn't be surprised if she had her throat looked at because of malicious comments like the ones in this thread. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 4309/06/2014

R41 Yes, Reza, just like AIDS was Allah's plague on homosexual men - is that your next point, you evil piece of Pakistani filth? Are you sad that she died before your coreligionists could decapitate her?

I hope she's pegging The Prophet Muhammad, Goddamned child rapist, with a pig's foot.

by Anonymousreply 4409/06/2014

The more interesting question is what ever happened to Rita Cosby? She was big name reporter who kind of just vanished.

by Anonymousreply 4509/06/2014

It's called the aging process.If you live long enough, you'll experience it.

by Anonymousreply 4609/06/2014

Sounds like HPV, which does come from oral sex.

by Anonymousreply 4709/07/2014

I guess it could have been worse.

by Anonymousreply 4801/17/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!