Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ina Garten

I just love her show on the Food Network. Sure, she's a little showy and her swanky hoity-toity friends can be unbearable at times, but she makes THE best-looking meals.

by Anonymousreply 22408/18/2015

I think the Make A Wish situation was the fault of her selfish handlers. I believe I read that she fired the person who denied the young cancer patient.

by Anonymousreply 403/11/2012

Ina barely lets an episode go by without hosting one of her MANY gays. My fave of her gays has to be hottie model/actor T.R. Pescod (known on certain forums as "Tiara"). Ina is always so giddy around him.

by Anonymousreply 603/11/2012

I've used some of her recipes and they're exquisite (a fat chef is always a good sign).

Others...

"Go to the store and purchase ______ cheese. Slice into rectangular squares and serve."

by Anonymousreply 703/11/2012

She's too much the fat girl/fag hag that nobody took to the prom so she turned to eating to self-medicate. All her gay friends use her to do the cooking, then leave her sitting at the table while they go fuck in the sand dunes. Quite a lonely life.

by Anonymousreply 803/11/2012

She always instructs to use "good" whatever (butter, oil, mayo). Her Hamptons estate is bee-YOO-teeful.

by Anonymousreply 903/11/2012

But Ina is married right?

by Anonymousreply 1003/11/2012

I just don't like her "Hamptons" 'tude.

by Anonymousreply 1103/11/2012

Thanks for the delish meal, Ina. No, I'm sorry, dear - I simply have to go. I have a very important appointment in the dunes, er ... in town that I must keep. I promise to help with the dishes next time. By the way, I'll take those leftovers wrapped neatly in a take-away bag. Don't scrimp on the salad, either.

by Anonymousreply 1203/11/2012

"But Ina is married right?"

Haven't you ever seen the episodes where she plays the simpering housewife for her husband Jeffrey? They are nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 1303/11/2012

She doesn't cook. She assembles.

I'd love to see her compete on Iron Chef.

by Anonymousreply 1403/11/2012

One of her books has a beautiful dedication, I'm paraphrasing but something like "To Jeffrey, because wherever we go as long as we're together I'm home." He spends a lot of time in Europe, it might be the secret to their long marriage. He's an economist. She's got her gays and her stringy looking Hampton female friends.

by Anonymousreply 1503/11/2012

She only fired the handlers becuase her fat ass was hung out to dry. Of course they needed steel cables to do that.

She's not as beloved as Paula Deen and Sandra Lee for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 1603/11/2012

Just for R14;

by Anonymousreply 1703/11/2012

[quote] "I'd love to see her compete on Iron Chef"

[italic] OH MY SIDES!!! [/italic] She can't even MOVE that fast in addition to her complete lack of culinary talent. She's a fucking [italic] caterer[/italic]....from Long Island for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 1803/11/2012

Hate her!

by Anonymousreply 1903/11/2012

She's one of those blue-blood, 1% "progressives". She and her husband have always been Democrats and her husband has served in cabinet positions under Clinton, but nothing about them relates or wants to related to average people. They're basically Republicans who associate themselves with the winning team so that they're not eaten first with the revolution comes.

by Anonymousreply 2003/11/2012

He used to work at the White House. I just don't know which White House? If I had to guess, I'd guess they are Republicans. But who knows.

by Anonymousreply 2103/11/2012

Is she still farting her way through Manhattan?

by Anonymousreply 2203/11/2012

Why the hell are there celebrity chefs? my neighborhood is littered with hausfraus who talk of having their own t.v. shows--please, girls.

it's great that people try to please their families with good food. But I've tried some of my neighbors 'handiwork' and I think they should just keep their casseroles in the family.

Why does everyone, even the dowdiest of fraus, want to be famous for heating up food? Is it some great achievement?

by Anonymousreply 2303/11/2012

Jeffrey and Ina both worked in the WH for Republican and Democratic administrations (Nixon, Ford, Carter).

by Anonymousreply 2403/11/2012

If you’re like me, you watch a lot of TV and also, stop biting my style, it’s so desperate, everyone thinks you’re really desperate.

Sadly, new episodes of the Real Housewives of Downton Abbey can’t be on the air 24/7, and TeenNick doesn’t show up as part of your cable package anymore. (Why? So mysterious.)

In the early stages of television addiction, the Food Network can generally be relied upon as a source of new (to you!) content. But what happens when even the Food Network shows become reruns?

Chill out, girl. Knock back a drink and turn on The Barefoot Contessa. Now get ready to experience Ina and the gang as you’ve never experienced them before. It’s time to insert:

A Macabre Twist

Hopefully by this stage in your television addiction, you're already extremely familiar with The Barefoot Contessa, or, as close to extremely familiar as one can get to a woman so shrouded in cream-colored secrets. Just to be sure, here’s a quick refresher:

The Barefoot Contessa is an incredibly soothing cooking show hosted by an easy, breezy upperclass lady named Ina Garten. A former White House nuclear policy analyst (!!!), Garten does the show right from her own East Hampton kitchen, serving up expert cooking tips like, "Make sure your salt is really good salt" and "Make sure you've got some really, really good tomatoes.”

For the most part, every episode is contrived around a little meal-related plot. Examples include: "Ina throws a surprise welcome home dinner to celebrate her friends' return from France!" “Ina prepares a ladies’ lunch for volunteers of the East Hampton Historical Society!” and "Ina caters a backyard charity luncheon — Alec Baldwin needs to pick up vegetables!”

As such, the show features a small cast of rotating minor characters made up of Ina’s real-life friends and loved ones. The composition of the “cast” can be broken down into five rough groups:

Older Gay Men (Frank, Stephen, Michael, T.R.)

Tony Women From New England Beachtowns (Barbara, Sinead, Pam, Valerie)

Celebrities (Alec Baldwin, Mariska Hargitay)

Not Jennifer Garner (“I tried to get on Ina’s show,” Garner explained in an interview for W magazine, “… But eventually she just said, ‘I’m sorry, I only use my real friends on the show.’”)

and Jeffrey

Ina’s husband, Jeffrey Garten, is a huge part of the show. While only seen in person occasionally, Jeffrey garners at least one on-air mention in almost every episode. A former Dean of the Yale School of Management, he also served as Undersecretary of Commerce for International Trade under the Clinton administration, on the White House Council on International Economic Policy under Nixon, and as a managing director for both the Blackstone Group and Lehman Brothers on Wall Street.

One time Ina sent Jeffrey to the store to pick up charcoal and he suffered a minor on-camera meltdown, fretting that he’d choose the wrong type or size bag, or, worse, come back with a Tupperware container full of clamshells like he did that one time, and then, when he finally arrived home with his purchase, Ina opened up the sack of briquettes to reveal that Nervous Jeffrey had squeezed them all into diamonds and the two of them laughed and laughed but you can’t grill steaks on diamonds and something cold in Ina’s eyes sent a shiver up Jeffrey’s spine.

Anyway!

One way to make The Barefoot Contessa even more compelling than it already is, is to imagine that Ina's dearly beloved and oft-mentioned Jeffrey is actually deceased.

In this version of the show, which I like to call The Shoeless Dowager Contessa, Ina Garten spends her days muttering recipes to herself, blissfully trapped in a prison of her own imagining. You can mix and match sinister plot elements to craft your own Macabre Twist, but here’s the gist of mine:

1. Jeffrey Garten, a Great War veteran, was due home from the Second World War in the spring of 1945. Weeks before his scheduled return, Jeffrey’s plane was shot down over the Pacific.

2. For his wife, Ina, time stopped the day she got the news. Following the rapid deterioration of her mind into total insanity, she continues to live her life as though expecting Jeffrey home any minute.

3. Nowadays, Ina spends her time meticulously narrating her housewifely duties to an audience of no one.

- “I’m going to prepare a real treat for Jeffrey’s lunch tomorrow,” Ina explains, smiling at an empty room. - “I have to hide these pots de crème in the back of the fridge so Jeffrey doesn’t spoil his dinner!” Ina confides to silence. - “Make sure you have really good tomatoes,” she whispers to herself as she chops.

4. The guests Ina so frequently entertains are actually individuals whose sole purpose in visiting is to check up on her, their ward. Ina remains unaware of this and crafts roles for all in her desperate, elaborate fantasy.

- The men she thinks of as fab gay pals are, in fact, trained home caregivers, paid to ensure her safety in the kitchen. - Sometimes celebrities like Alec Baldwin visit. These are Ina’s children, whose faces she fails to recognize. - Hearing of Ina’s circumstances, a childhood pal, little Jennie Garner, wrote to Ina asking if she might pay a visit. “I’m sorry, but I don’t care to entertain strangers when I’m so busy preparing for my husband’s return,” came the frosty reply.

5. From time to time, Ina even hallucinates that she sees Jeffrey. These reunions, during which they talk and laugh and love easily, are short-lived. Time resets itself every night when she falls asleep.

Voilà! You can now re-watch every episode of The Barefoot Contessa/The Shoeless Dowager Contessa with new eyes.

How bad can that be?

by Anonymousreply 2503/11/2012

Yes, R24, they weren't high level Cabinet people, they were underlings. I even heard that Ina was an intern...

With all the outcry about Paula Deen and her Diabetes, I wonder how long it will be before Ina is visited with some terrible disease.I have always contended that Ina will collapse and die of a heart attack while filming her show. Her recipes include heavy cream,lots of eggs, and cheeses and butter, etc. all the things that clog arteries with the cement of plaque from cholesterol. If she doesn't have Type 2 Diabetes yet, she will soon.

There were rumors that Ina's Jefferey is gay. The few times I've seen him on her show he certainly pinged to high heaven.

The Barn on her property was tricked up and converted into her TV studio kitchen and "test" kitchen.

There is absolutely nothing worse that the smell of farts from too much dairy.

by Anonymousreply 2703/11/2012

Sorry, forgot the link.

By the way, Ina's chicken stock recipe and avocado/grapefruit salad will change your life

by Anonymousreply 2803/11/2012

Ina really DOES suffer from sever flatulence. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 2903/11/2012

She likes Hellman's and Duke's mayo.

Be sure you use really good ketchup. She likes Heinz.

by Anonymousreply 3003/11/2012

Ina copied everything she knows from me.

by Anonymousreply 3103/11/2012

R29, I applaud her. She is lactose intolerant but simply refuses to give in to it. She resists and ignores her discomfort. Plus there is a huge amount of satisfaction from discharging your gaseous vapors with such aplomb!

by Anonymousreply 3203/11/2012

[quote] If I had to guess, I'd guess they are Republicans. But who knows.

Although, as R24 points out, they've worked in the White House for both Republican and Democratic administrations, they are Democrats and have contributed to Democratic candidates, including Obama in 2008 and Kerry in 2004.

by Anonymousreply 3303/11/2012

T.R.!

Ina once said that she's known T.R. since he was a kid. I believe he used to work at the Barefoot Contessa as a teen.

by Anonymousreply 3403/11/2012

She never washes her hands or the food.

by Anonymousreply 3503/11/2012

R34 - he did, when she had a retail store in, I think, Westhampton Beach.

by Anonymousreply 3603/11/2012

I think her and TR had a falling out

by Anonymousreply 3703/11/2012

All my friends are gay. All. My. Friends. Are. Gay.

by Anonymousreply 3803/11/2012

No way, R37! Not Ina and her precious T.R.!

by Anonymousreply 3903/11/2012

Her show is what it is. And it's fine the way it is.

Someone said they wanted to see her on Iron Chef. Please, IC is a pretentious mess with their "it's life or death that I get this sauce right on time" crap.

At least she's cooking and baking. These competition shows, like all reality competition shows, are a tremendous waste of time. Every hour has about ten minutes of interesting material and the rest is blather, blather, rinse and repeat.

by Anonymousreply 4003/11/2012

Ina Garten's a Diva, Baby!

--Iron Butterfly

by Anonymousreply 4103/11/2012

No kids either? Is her husband in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 4203/11/2012

If I'm sure of one thing, it's that Ina knows what she's doing. The woman is not a "heater-upper", ala Sandra Lee. She can actually COOK. She used to distance herself from all things Food Network (no holiday specials, no cheesy FN commercials, no branding herself ala Rachael Ray and Paula Deen), but has recently come around a bit with the network.

by Anonymousreply 4303/11/2012

She's a self-styled food expert cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4403/11/2012

R37, not really sure about that, but I heard -- now this goes back a few -- that the Food Network was thinking of spinning T.R. off into his own show. Too, that they thought him on the Ina show too much! Go figure! Then it was said a bit of the nell showed through and so, no show. He is a good print and film model, is liked. Not bad for an older man! For me, he'd not even have to cook!

by Anonymousreply 4503/11/2012

T.R. hasn't been on Ina's show in over 3 years. They must have had some falling out over something. I wonder if he tried to blackmail her?

by Anonymousreply 4603/11/2012

She seems to have really fallen off the radar since the Make a Wish fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 4703/11/2012

his show is too heavily scrpited!

"Today I am making a welcome home diner for my husband Jeffrey. He is getting the flowers! I wonder if he will get my favorites!"

---- Cut to Jeffrey in a flower shop. "Ina will love these!"

"Today I am making a lovely brunch for my book editors. My friend Muffy is bringing the centerpieces. I wonder hiow she is doing?"

--------- Cut to Muffy setting the table.

Jeffrey may be Jeffrey her husband but everybody else is straight from Central Casting!

by Anonymousreply 4803/11/2012

I hate her constant nervous giggling with her friends from Central Casting and her lousy "cooking".

"It's gonna taste sooo good!" "It's gonna be soooo great!" "What could be better than that?"

rinse lather repeat.

The only way to enjoy her program is to award yourself a shot of something good every time she adds a teaspoon of salt and a half teaspoon of pepper to a dish. Which is every dish. Even if she is just making coffee.

by Anonymousreply 4903/11/2012

R49 is a frozen dinner aficionado

by Anonymousreply 5003/11/2012

[quote]Ina really DOES suffer from sever flatulence. Seriously.

No way!!! What did you hear?? Or in this case, what did you SMELL??

by Anonymousreply 5103/11/2012

Ina is also a chain smoker, as is Rachael Ray and of course, Paula Deen.

by Anonymousreply 5203/11/2012

I think her show is fun to watch. Her food looks delicious. I judge a show on whether I would like to eat the food they produce and in Ina's case it's a definate yes.

Sandra "cocktail time" lee: I've watched her show a few times and have no desire to eat anything she makes. She's a waste of TV time.

Paula "I never met a stick of butter I didn't eat" Deen: She uses canned cream of mushroom (and celery and chicken) soup in her dishes. That's a killer right there. A little butter for flavor is fine, but her food swims in it.

Anne Burrell is another one who's food looks good except for one thing-- she uses handfulls of salt. It can't taste good. And her catch phrases suck "look at me..." "I'm so clever." I quit watching.

by Anonymousreply 5403/11/2012

>>> I wonder how long it will be before Ina is visited with some terrible disease

I can assure you Ina won't hide it for a few years until she gets a $6 Million dollar advertising campaign to shill for a dangerous and expensive drug. Ina would either come out with it or keep it a secret.

Ina's a classy lady, unlike that grasping, money grubbing fat fuck Paula Deen who would tell people to eat poison if she was paid enough money

by Anonymousreply 5503/11/2012

I'm waiting for Ina's big health crisis to emerge.

She doesn't look her age--I'll give her that--but she's 64 years old and probably around 200 pounds. I worry that she's going to have massive heart failure one day.

by Anonymousreply 5603/11/2012

Ina's not morbidly obese. She's not in Two Fat Ladies territory. She appears to be very active and gets around great. I bet she's in very good health.

I'm shocked that one of the Two Fat Ladies is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 5703/11/2012

I lost a little of my love for Ina when I heard she dissed Jennifer Garner. That wasn't very nice of her.

by Anonymousreply 5803/11/2012

Every time she says "how easy is that?" I want to punch her in the face. What else does this bitch have to do all day that she can't make a complicated dish?

by Anonymousreply 5903/11/2012

Ina's too obviously precious. It's like watching someone talk in finger quotes. I guess WASPS need someone to emulate, though.

Paula's like something out of a John Waters movie, for those who have a sense of humor. But she's real and down to earth, which is something Ina doesn't seem capable of. Criticizing her food is very midwestern housewife like. You do realize you don't make her recipes all the time? I mean, that is the point, hello.

by Anonymousreply 6003/11/2012

I agree that Paula is worlds more down to earth than Ina. I could never picture Ina saying "girl" or "baby" to someone, let alone saying that she could never turn her nose up to canned cream of mushroom soup.

by Anonymousreply 6103/11/2012

Do remember. Paula came from a much different background. She started out making brown bag lunches and selling them on the street with her little boys in tow. Single mother.

She did catering. She worked and probably screwed her way to success. Paula used to be quite a looker. She loves the double entendre and has a coarse, earthy, sexy side. Comparing Paula and Ina are like comparing good tomatoes and peaches.

Ina never mingled with the others at FN. Even their Christmas specials years ago, with Emeril, Alton Brown, and Paula, and Giada. I always thought if the aristocratic big toothed Giada could do it why not Ina. But no, Ina refused. So would I if I had to sit next to Rachelk Ray. Ugh. IMO Rachel Ray and Sandra Lee ruined FN.

by Anonymousreply 6203/11/2012

Paula Deen down to earth?

And you call Ina overly scripted?

Paula is about as calculating as they come. Her recent "It's all about the money" scheme shows who she is.

And now we have Bobby Deen doing everything but sucking his momma's fat tits to make money.

Yes, it's all so natural and unscripted.

by Anonymousreply 6303/11/2012

Julia Child, Clarissa Dickson Wright, Jennifer Paterson, and Ina Garten.

by Anonymousreply 6403/11/2012

Clarissa Dickson Wright is a big homophobe, R63.

by Anonymousreply 6503/11/2012

[quote]... a definate yes ...

I see this misspelling all the time lately. Never used to -- where did it come from? And when will it go away?

by Anonymousreply 6603/11/2012

Love the show and love the cookbooks. Everything always turns out perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 6703/11/2012

I don't know why folks always give Rachael Ray a hard way to go. She can be quite grating at times, but her food always looks decent to very good, and she's living the American dream.

by Anonymousreply 6803/11/2012

I have several problems with Rachael Ray. First and foremost, I don't like her personality. She's very ingratiating and phony.

There's also the fact that she went from arranging candy displays to having her own cooking show. It was some sort of magic, apparently. I don't know about now, but she used to freely admit she had no background or training and just made it up as she went along.

I'm not interested in learning from a novice cook. I watch cooking shows and I also have taken lots of lessons from good cooks because I enjoy learning.

by Anonymousreply 6903/11/2012

I get what you're saying, R69, but Rachael's shows aren't catered to the people who want to learn from the Julias and the Emerils. They are catered to the non-pros. The college kids who would like to eat more than quickie meals for dinner. The busy moms who need to put a meal on the table, and not have it be from KFC. The casual cook who isn't interested in Courdon Bleu techniques, but simple, do-able recipes.

by Anonymousreply 7003/11/2012

R Ray has no experience, no culinary training, no credibilty, and no business telling anybody anything about food and cooking.

It's been very satisfying hearing the likes of Anthony Bourdain rip her to shreds for just that reason. Her frau following is here to stay, regardless.

by Anonymousreply 7103/11/2012

she pushed that Gardisil crap on her show.

Why??

she had an M.D. on talking about how safe it is--we know now that it is terrible, and many lawsuits are starting up--CANCER.

so why, on a cooking show, would she promote a vaccine that is being pushed on young girls that gives them cancer??

Answer: big payoff, no ethics!

by Anonymousreply 7203/11/2012

I agree, R70. The people I know who enjoy Ray are not especially good cooks. One woman I know lived on frozen dinners and that sort of thing (what Michael Palin calls "edible foodlike substance"). When she was diagnosed with some serious health issues, she began cooking for herself. She loves Rachael Ray.

She's not my cup of tea, but apparently she has a following.

by Anonymousreply 7303/11/2012

What are you talking about, R72? And what evidence can you cite to support whatever it is you're saying?

by Anonymousreply 7403/11/2012

I think she is lovely. I made her seafood pot pie the other day and it was delicious.

by Anonymousreply 7503/11/2012

Well, my favorite cooking show is Lydia Bastianich on PBS Saturday afternoons. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 7603/11/2012

Ina's personality doesn't bother me but her food (at least what she presents on her show) is rather pedestrian. I can't take anyone smothering smoken salmon sandwiches with butter all that seriously.

by Anonymousreply 7803/11/2012

Ina over salts.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 7903/11/2012

[quote]Anne Burrell is another one who's food looks good except for one thing-- she uses handfulls of salt. It can't taste good. And her catch phrases suck "look at me..." "I'm so clever." I quit watching.

I used to really like watching Anne's shows in spite of her ridiculous hair, but after watching the Next Iron Chef, I can't stand her. She started off cool, but just became a bigger and bigger cunt as the show went along. Plus she treated that awesome, San Francisco superdyke chef-- whose name escapes me--like dirt.

by Anonymousreply 8003/12/2012

I will forever be indebted to Ina Garten for her exquisite blue cheese slaw recipe & the inspired idea of roasting shrimp in the oven.

by Anonymousreply 8103/12/2012

Some of Ina's recipes are excellent. I love her coconut cupcakes, brownies and crumb cake, along with quite a few main dishes.

I agree, the oven-roasted shrimp is very good.

by Anonymousreply 8203/12/2012

Funny, just yesterday a friend made Ina's coconut cupcakes (as a cake), excellent. There is a reason Ina is the #1 selling cookbook queen in America. Ina does over salt- buyer beware.

by Anonymousreply 8303/12/2012

R83, I never use the amount of salt specified in a recipe. Same thing with many herbs and spices. I start with about half of what is called for, then taste and season until I get the flavor I want.

by Anonymousreply 8403/12/2012

So, how much salt to make you taste good, r84?

by Anonymousreply 8503/12/2012

[quote]I have loved her ever since she told that cancer boy she didn't have time for his shit.

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 8603/12/2012

I'm afraid it would take a ton of salt to make me taste good. Probably lots of sugar too.

I thought I was the only one who didn't think it was a big deal about the cancer kid. I still think there was something really weird about that. The kid could have gone to the Kennedy Space Center, whale-watching, the Monterey Aquarium, or something like that, and he wanted to cook with Ina Garten?

She lost no points with me over that one. Those "I'm dying so everybody has to pander to me" command performance organizations have gone too far anyway. I picture them as a bunch of grimly determined blue haired ladies with control issues.

by Anonymousreply 8803/12/2012

Yeah, while the unfortunate boy thing was reprehensible, Ina seemed to handle it well.

...sugar, eh? And a little salt, maybe some lemon, cayenne? Hot, sour, salty, sweet is how I prefer them.

by Anonymousreply 8903/12/2012

I love Rachel Ray. She had no experience and is incredibly annoying yet has a huge following.

by Anonymousreply 9003/12/2012

I like Ina. I'll trust someone who has had a succesful food shop catering to picky Hamptonites for 30 years. She must be doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 9103/12/2012

Agree R81, that blue cheese slaw is like crack.

by Anonymousreply 9203/12/2012

That's why her crumb cake is so good. She sold it in her shop for years after tweaking it for her ultra-picky customers. Back when she used to be a regular on the Martha Stewart show, she made it and they talked about its history.

by Anonymousreply 9303/12/2012

shent bump

by Anonymousreply 9403/12/2012

Who gives a shit about the history of crumb cake. Please.

by Anonymousreply 9503/12/2012

[quote]Plus she treated that awesome, San Francisco superdyke chef-- whose name escapes me--like dirt.

Traci Des Jardins?

by Anonymousreply 9603/12/2012

Love her show; envy her her husband; really envy the gorgeous house/property, and really REALLY envy her her great gay male friends.

by Anonymousreply 9703/12/2012

While I agree that she can be grating Rachel Ray has some great easy recipes that work. She is also very charitable and gay friednly.

by Anonymousreply 9803/12/2012

I admit to liking RR too.

by Anonymousreply 9903/12/2012

She goes over the top to clean up, comb her hair,and put on makeup so she is not mistaken for Maggie Gallagher

by Anonymousreply 10003/12/2012

Jennifer Garner deserves to be trashed, she's appalling in every way. I like Ina, she's got good taste, like Martha, classy, subdued and not a trashy cook like Rachael and Deen. And she really loves her gays, you never see Rachael or Paula having gays on their shows.

by Anonymousreply 10103/12/2012

well r101 Paula does have her son on her show

by Anonymousreply 10203/12/2012

Paula never has gays on her shows? Are you blind, R101?

by Anonymousreply 10303/12/2012

I don't watch Deen or any of these shows except when i visit my mom once a year, but you get my point, Ina seems more gay positive than the others.

by Anonymousreply 10403/12/2012

You visit your mom only once a year? Woah. Ok.

by Anonymousreply 10503/12/2012

Don't derail the thread with your judgments about my mom & my relationship, you know nothing about it. Ina is the one being discussed here.

by Anonymousreply 10603/12/2012

She puts oil in the water used to boil pasta. You shouldn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 10703/21/2012

I'm sure that today's ep(3/24) was one of the first ones done after cancerg ate from last year. She looked like she did not want to be with those kids

by Anonymousreply 10803/24/2012

Ina, we really need to push the compassion angle this season. I'm thinking an entire episode of cancer kids. We'll get ones with lymphoma, brain cancer, pancreatic cancer, or even one of those rare bone cancer ones. Just smile and make nice with them. Bake some cookies - you know, nice mom-type shit. We'll have'em in the studio for 20-30 minutes tops and we'll bus the little fuckers out. No fuss, no muss!

by Anonymousreply 10903/24/2012

Shizzles, I missed it, R108! Any idea when it'll repeat?

by Anonymousreply 11003/24/2012

I saw some of it this a.m., and yeah, she did seem awkward and ill-at-ease.

by Anonymousreply 11103/24/2012

R10, Ina's new shows from the weekend usually repeat during the day on Mon or Tue. Check from about 12:30 - 5 pm on FN this Mon or Tue and see if the description matches the show you missed.

by Anonymousreply 11203/24/2012

My favorite was the episode where she added a secret ingredient to the recipes and had her staff taste and judge. It is so stupid. The idea that they have a secret ballot. Really scraping the barrel, fart queen.

by Anonymousreply 11303/24/2012

I don't think that Ina likes kids.

And that's okay.

by Anonymousreply 11403/24/2012

I think all of those kids were retarded.

by Anonymousreply 11503/24/2012

So what's your favorite Ina recipe? Mine is her turkey stuffing with sausage and chopped apple.

by Anonymousreply 11603/25/2012

I like alla her recipes.

by Anonymousreply 11703/25/2012

117 posts for this slob!

I thought gays had good taste?

by Anonymousreply 11803/25/2012

So sick of shows that cater to silly, simpering, its all about me, kids. so glad that Ina keeps her show on an adult level. she could never have kids . . . maybe not comfortable around them. Whatever the reason, it is her right to not have kids on her show.

by Anonymousreply 12005/29/2012

I love RR in her sexy jeans......could care less about her NASTY grub

by Anonymousreply 12110/31/2012

Let's see, we criticize Ina for being hoity toity. We criticize Rachel for being pedestrian. The truth is they all get on my nerves at times......and off topic, do they really think that the only show we want to see is Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives? It is ALWAYS on!

by Anonymousreply 12211/02/2012

I thought RR was cute in her 40 dollars a day era.

by Anonymousreply 12311/02/2012

She is a pretentious,colassal,old,extremely hideous blob. She is a cross between a spotted cheetah and an elephant. You would think she would get her baby tooth removed with all the cash she is f***ing the public out of. Jeffrey (her unlucky husband)is a pathetic wimp and obviously blind! The gays she surrounds herself with should encourage nutri-system or jaw wiring to her. How bad can that be?????

by Anonymousreply 12401/09/2013

It just seems like a bad drag name.

"That was Ina Garten...and now, here's I-ona.....Trailer!!!"

Queue up Alicia Bridges, or something like that....

by Anonymousreply 12501/09/2013

Fuck that fat cow.

by Anonymousreply 12701/10/2013

I love how everyone in this thread keeps going on about how hoity-toity and WASP-y she is when she couldn't possibly be more Jewish!

by Anonymousreply 12801/10/2013

After she ditched that poor kid who had cancer, I won't remotely watch a commercial of hers!I think she is disgusting! She is a social climbing rich bitch who is a phony and who wants to be badly accepted by WASPY New York high society!

Her husband probably has broken bones all of the time from his Titanic wife trying to jump on his little body in the bedroom!

by Anonymousreply 12901/10/2013

r107, why not? I do that. It's how we've always done it in our family. Salt and oil.

by Anonymousreply 13001/10/2013

Ina really does know how to cook and makes some great meals. Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic is great.

However, lately her shows have become much more basic, like, how to assemble a cheese board, or how to assemble a crudite. Don't watch it that much anymore and when I do, definitely get many recipes from her.

by Anonymousreply 13101/10/2013

Didn't she slap some poor kid with cancer?

by Anonymousreply 13201/10/2013

[quote] Seriously...nasty nasty bitter queens! And I bet you all are just perfect...not!

Shouldn't you be on the Fat Frau blog or something?

Check out Oprah.com, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 13301/10/2013

Why do so many stupid women feed her ego? I have no problem with her cooking or show, but her conspicuous consumption, and her nouveau-riche flaunting of her wealth, makes her unworthy of the adulation.

If she must tell us that she treats herself to massages, why not let us know if she gets a happy ending to take the burden off poor old Jeffrey?

by Anonymousreply 13403/22/2013

[quote]If she must tell us that she treats herself to massages

"Please, Didier, work vigorously on my abdomen!"

"Yes, Ms. Garten."

* FFFFFFART *

by Anonymousreply 13503/22/2013

R20 Add to the fact she's Jewish she ain't no blue blood.Unless she pretends to go to a Protestant church on sunday and claims her real name isn't Ina Jewison Steingartenstein!

by Anonymousreply 13603/22/2013

Oh God, I'm gonna let one riiiiiiiiiiip ... I can't hold it!

*SHAAAAAAAART*

by Anonymousreply 13703/22/2013

We now get Ina this side of the pond on Food Network in her Back to Basics mode. I love watching this, esp the 'ask Ina' segments: hey Ina, I love your show, how do I boil an egg? well you boil some water and put an egg in it, how easy is that? Stabstabstab.

The florist friend means well I'm sure but is always shaky/anxious (and who puts bud flowers in empty egg shells? coy much?), Jeffry the Husband is a bit dim or fake somehow. Tee Jay the Whatever Artistic Friend wears very chunky knit sweaters...

And arranging things on a plate is not cooking. I'd rather buy a ready meal from Marks & Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 13803/22/2013

I saw this on Twitter today:

"Give us a reality show showcasing the personal life of Ina Garten's lothario husband Jeffrey & his sordid city life away from the Contessa"

Hell YES I'd watch that!

by Anonymousreply 13904/24/2013

I wonder if Ina is preparing ten new shows to fill all those empty Paula Deen timeslots.

by Anonymousreply 14006/26/2013

That would be fine by me. I can watch Ina but the minute Deen comes on, I switch channels.

by Anonymousreply 14106/26/2013

R25, that was hilarious . Your post had me in stitches !!

by Anonymousreply 14207/26/2013

[quote]I wonder if Ina is preparing ten new shows to fill all those empty Paula Deen timeslots.

Yes, y'all, and I'm workin' on my Southern accent, too!

by Anonymousreply 14307/26/2013

I heard she purposely farted in the direction of a little boy with cancer. True?

by Anonymousreply 14407/26/2013

Make her Salted Caramel Brownies, and then we'll talk.Gotta' admit though, those queen friends of hers are way over the top. Did they all meet in summer stock 30years ago?

by Anonymousreply 14507/26/2013

Can someone *please* enlighten me about Ina's gas problem? I remember there being a thread about it awhile ago but never delved into it.

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 14607/26/2013

Ina Garten as Mrs. Mears in a revival of "Thoroughly Modern Millie."

by Anonymousreply 14707/26/2013

No, R138 Jeffrey is not dim, he's the Juan Trippe Professor in the Practice of International Trade, Finance and Business at the Yale School of Management and the Chairman of Garten Rothkopf, a global consulting firm.

And as so many of you seem to think, Ina never claims to be anything but a Brooklyn Jew. She had an entire show about Brooklyn and they went past her childhood home which was quite modest.

And that cancer kid didn't want to meet Ina, his mom did.

by Anonymousreply 14807/26/2013

Her latest shows have her jaunting around NYC.

by Anonymousreply 14907/26/2013

I wonder if any of her Hamptons gays post here?

by Anonymousreply 15007/26/2013

Why is her show called Barefoot Contessa?

by Anonymousreply 15107/26/2013

Giada's food is really good.

by Anonymousreply 15207/26/2013

R149 That's the name of the store she used to own in the Hamptons. (Maybe it was a catering business as well.) And, of course, it's the name of a movie.

by Anonymousreply 15307/27/2013

I remember seeing a full length photo of her when she was much younger, she was a very pretty, SLIM woman. Haven't been able to locate it, or any other photos of her from that era. Did she get her White House contacts to remove them all?

by Anonymousreply 15407/29/2013

Just how much is she and Jeffrey worth? Gadzillions, right?

by Anonymousreply 15507/29/2013

What is her best recipe?

by Anonymousreply 15607/31/2013

R156, it will be someone else's.

by Anonymousreply 15707/31/2013

What she did to T.J. is unexcusable.

by Anonymousreply 15807/31/2013

r158

I think you mean me

by Anonymousreply 15907/31/2013

My favorite episode is when Ina organizes a potluck dinner at T.J.'s home and puts him in charge of dessert. She gives his a recipe for meringues chantilly, but he doesn't realize that you have to cook the meringues for 4 hours. Panicked, he heads over to the local bakery where he buys the meringues, but forgets to pay for them.

by Anonymousreply 16007/31/2013

MY NAME IS TC!

by Anonymousreply 16107/31/2013

T.R. (affectionately known on some forums as "Tiara") is one hunk. What did Ina allegedly do to him? She's known him since he was a teen.

by Anonymousreply 16207/31/2013

R161 No, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 16307/31/2013

Ina thought T.R. was going to give her fat pussy a pity fuck. When he failed to deliver the cock, she turned on him.

There's a link to the Potluck dinner episode on R163's link. T.R.'s gay friend is hot, too. All he had to do was bring the wine.

by Anonymousreply 16407/31/2013

Today is T.R.'s birthday. Let's wish him a happy one!

by Anonymousreply 16507/31/2013

[quote]What is her best recipe?

See R81.

by Anonymousreply 16607/31/2013

R165 is that a "white party" in the dunes? Tons of sloppy b-day blowjobs, methinks.

by Anonymousreply 16707/31/2013

I believe it is, R167.

by Anonymousreply 16807/31/2013

Remember all those "Who's your favorite [insert first name]?" threads? I think we need a "Who's your favorite: INA

Ina Balin

Ina Ray Hutton (with or without her all-girl band)

Ina Garten

Ina Claire

by Anonymousreply 16907/31/2013

"She's not as beloved as Paula Deen and Sandra Lee for a reason."

She's not as beloved by trash as Paula Deen and Sandra Lee would be a more accurate statement. Hillbillies/Red Necks can't get enough of those two.

by Anonymousreply 17007/31/2013

Ina's making artichoke dip. Yeah I know that its a rerun. The dip that she and her homo friend made looks delicious. I'm hungry lol.

by Anonymousreply 17108/01/2013

Somewhere in the middle of this thread, a bunch of straight cunts found it and infested it: Holly, Angelique, Gina Gina, etc.

I hope they didn't stay.

by Anonymousreply 17208/01/2013

((((((FART)))))))

by Anonymousreply 17411/27/2013

I'm gonna bump this thread in order to bitch about what a fucking snooty bitch she came across today.

Yes, I know people have mentioned it before. Didn't really want to believe it though until I saw one of her shows today, obviously I had never seen this episode before.

Don't know how old or new it is but she had the people who "built" her new library over for a party.

Meaning the architects and the "designers" who put it together. What about the people who actually did the labor, bitch? The people who sweated and were outside all day?

Yeah, she only served them the equivalent of chips and dips but still.

What a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 17508/05/2014

And for that matter, what is this about her farting? I've never known a fat woman over the age of 45 who didnt't fart. Why does this upset people so much?

by Anonymousreply 17608/05/2014

I don't know why SNL hasn't done some sort of skit a la Janet Reno's Dance Party about Ina. She certainly has the theme song for it.

by Anonymousreply 17708/05/2014

I'm gonna bump this thread in order to bitch about what a fucking snooty bitch she came across today. Yes, I know people have mentioned it before. Didn't really want to believe it though until I saw one of her shows today, obviously I had never seen this episode before. Don't know how old or new it is but she had the people who "built" her new library over for a party. Meaning the architects and the "designers" who put it together. What about the people who actually did the labor, bitch? The people who sweated and were outside all day? Yeah, she only served them the equivalent of chips and dips but still. What a bitch.

175 = T.R. Pescod

by Anonymousreply 17808/05/2014

All I want to know is is everyone in the Hamptons gay? the only "straight" people you see are Ina and Jeffrey. Everyone else is is a flaming queen! Seriously! I'm gay and so are my friends, but no one is as flaming as Ina's friends.

by Anonymousreply 17908/05/2014

[quote]I'm gay and so are my friends, but no one is as flaming as Ina's friends.

I'd advise them not to flame behind Ina after she serves her famous seven-layer cannelloni bean dip with the "really GOOD avocado."

by Anonymousreply 18008/05/2014

Don't count Jeffrey out R179. I'm sure he's cruised the m4m craigslist postings on one of his many business trips.

by Anonymousreply 18108/05/2014

[quote]What about the people who actually did the labor, bitch?

Not our kind, dear.

by Anonymousreply 18208/05/2014

I'm not sure if I've already commented on this particualr thread but let me reiterate:

Ina Garten is a CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 18308/06/2014

R183 was one of the library laborers

by Anonymousreply 18408/06/2014

[quote]Why is her show called Barefoot Contessa?

"The Barefart Contessa" didn't test as well as we'd hoped.

by Anonymousreply 18508/06/2014

SHAAAAAART!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18608/06/2014

And the Bareassed Contessa grossed people out too much.

by Anonymousreply 18708/06/2014

She's on QVC! It's live and anything could happen!

by Anonymousreply 18809/28/2014

This thread is from 2012.

by Anonymousreply 18909/28/2014

MEMO TO ALL QVC STAFFERS: While Ina Garten is in the building, there are to be absolutely NO OPEN FLAMES OF ANY KIND! (David - you're fine - flamers are OK.)

by Anonymousreply 19009/28/2014

She is not on QVC at 12:19 eastern.

by Anonymousreply 19109/28/2014

Ca someone here please explain what went down between Ina and Martha that ended their working relationship and I assume friendship? Wasn't it Martha who "discovered" Ina and made her famous by featuring Ina and the store on her show several times?

by Anonymousreply 19209/28/2014

I threw boiling fat in her face.

by Anonymousreply 19309/28/2014

She's coming up soon to promote her cookbook.

Love you, R190

by Anonymousreply 19409/28/2014

She's on now. 1:04 eastern. Laters.

by Anonymousreply 19509/28/2014

And she's gone. But she's supposed to be back shortly to show us how to make Thanksgiving turkey ahead of time. And who doesn't want to know [italic]that[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 19609/28/2014

Ill say this. Ina's the only person from the Food Network, etc., with recipes that actually come out the way they're supposed to. I've never had anything not work out from her.

by Anonymousreply 19709/28/2014

Venebal -in introducing Ina said- "We are about to melt the house down."

He knows her history!

by Anonymousreply 19809/28/2014

You must start with a "really good quality" turkey.

by Anonymousreply 19909/28/2014

[quote]You must start with a "really good quality" turkey

So a hormone-injected butterball won't cut it?

by Anonymousreply 20009/28/2014

b

by Anonymousreply 20109/28/2014

R200, the worst turkey I ever made was one of those butterballs with the pop-out timer. I was cooking, but not hosting. The host refused to let me take out the turkey until the gizmo popped. I don't recall if it took five or seven hours, but the turkey was wrecked. I never cooked anything with him again.

by Anonymousreply 20209/28/2014

Her show is hypnotizing. Between the fabulous meals she makes, that gorgeous Hamptons home and the soothing way she speaks, it is truly one of the best FN shows.

by Anonymousreply 20309/28/2014

LOVE Ina!

I've cooked her roasted vegetable frittata, herb roasted potatoes, garlic 'engagement' chicken. Also, the Tagliatelle recipe.

I watch/record her shows, identifying them by the program description, then I watch them for cooking instructs, then go to FN website and print my favorite recipes.

One important lesson I've learned from her, being a home cook, ALWAYS measure the ingredients, especially the herbs and spices, salt/pepper. Most important tip from her: the use of salt/pepper is always a 2:1 ratio. Also, salt/pepper are always needed to 'marry' the herbs/spices.

Bon Apetit!

by Anonymousreply 20409/28/2014

r204

Don't forget to use GOOD ingredients like GOOD olive oil or GOOD vanilla

by Anonymousreply 20509/28/2014

Wow, R205. That was a really GOOD joke.

by Anonymousreply 20609/28/2014

And yet R205, she has a point.

So many people try to use generic brand ingredients because it's cheaper and then wonder why their end result winds up in the trash.

by Anonymousreply 20709/28/2014

I only believe in passing a really GOOD flatus.

*FFFFNNNAAART*

by Anonymousreply 20809/28/2014

The Ina Garten fart jokes are as overdone as the SJP horse jokes. They just make the poster look ridiculous. "I'm so clever, I made a fart joke! About Ina! Because she, well, you know, FARTS!!"

by Anonymousreply 20909/28/2014

R209 The fart thing is the only thing more moronic than earrings and caftans. I literally experience pity for the poor souls whose repertoire is so pathetically limited that they think it's funny to post either one.

by Anonymousreply 21009/28/2014

Who would want to eat those huge meals on a daily basis. With her busy schedule, probably has a cook on her household staff.

by Anonymousreply 21109/28/2014

Love her earlier shows in her actual house, not that barn. You would see a UPS truck drive by from the front door as the camera shot was of her in the kitchen. Her house is so cute. And who loves the gays more than Ina???

by Anonymousreply 21209/28/2014

I've made the Sagaponack Corn Pudding many times and it's delicious. I've made it using the full fat versions of the ingredients and the low fat versions and are both are fine.

by Anonymousreply 21309/29/2014

I love Ina too.

She is so smooth, relaxing. I work from home, so watch her about everyday.

by Anonymousreply 21409/29/2014

Some of the things posted here are truly disgusting! Ina and Jeffrey have made a life out of their education, and have made QUITE a life, for sure! Some of the quips that I've read here, are just, shall I say, "sour grapes"? If you are all so unhappy with Ina's life, or with her friends, don't watch her show.

by Anonymousreply 21512/29/2014

[quote]Some of the things posted here are truly disgusting! Ina and Jeffrey have made a life out of their education, and have made QUITE a life, for sure! Some of the quips that I've read here, are just, shall I say, "sour grapes"?

Grapes of any kind don't agree with Ina.

by Anonymousreply 21612/30/2014

Is she making new episodes? The ones I've seen recently are from 2013 or before.

by Anonymousreply 21712/30/2014

R215 Are you new here?

by Anonymousreply 21812/30/2014

Really, R218? You defend the stupid fart jokes?

by Anonymousreply 21912/30/2014

There's nothing in R215 about fart jokes.

by Anonymousreply 22012/30/2014

The Rules of Ina

by Anonymousreply 22112/30/2014

Does this bitch have, like any, straight friends?? All her male friends that are on her show are screaming queens. I guess the gays and big girls are the only ones who like her. And don't get me started on her flatulence problem.

by Anonymousreply 22201/14/2015

Bump. More about Ina!

by Anonymousreply 22308/18/2015

I wonder if she did any actual work when she owned "The Barefoot Contessa," or did she just swan in a couple minutes each week to see that the peons were following her orders?

by Anonymousreply 22408/18/2015
Need more help? Click Here.