Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Deleted Brady Bunch Scene

Does anybody remember this scene where Bobby and Cindy wanted to go skinnydipping with the new neighbors, but Alice promptly shuts them down?

by Anonymousreply 5801/02/2015

I don't know what's more startling, the plot line, or the orange Formica.

Is Ann B. Davis acknowledged to be gay?

I have often wondered why, given that she lived with Mike Brady and his three boys, they were described as "four men, living all together, but... all alone."

Perhaps she just took a vow of chastity, given that she couldn't have Robert Cummings on "Love that Bob." (It hardly seems likely that her liaison with Sam the butcher would count as breaking that vow.)

by Anonymousreply 103/10/2012

I guess "all alone" meant without a mother figure. Ann B.'s sexuality has always been a mystery. She never married, has no kids, and has always been a bit butch.

by Anonymousreply 203/10/2012

Ms Davis wasn't a mother figure to those boys? (Or even to Robert Reed? Oh, but if she were, she'd probably have advised against that perm.)

by Anonymousreply 303/10/2012

Upon arriving home from work, Mike Brady was told about the situation by Alice. Having already checked out the new neighbors and noticing the massive bulge on Dr. Forsken, he immediately began walking toward the shortcut to the neighbor's backyard, shedding his suit, shirt and tie along the way. "Tell Mrs. Brady I won't be home for dinner tomight.... oh, and when Peter gets home from his summer job, send him over." Mike called over his shoulder. Alice noticed Mr. Brady's apparent excitment as he bobbed up and down as he picked up his pace and hurried along. and shook her head ss she picked up the tie, socks and briefs from the flower beds. "No one picks up after themselves around here" she muttered.

by Anonymousreply 403/10/2012

Robert Reed was so hot in retrospective.

None of the boys were gay in real life except the dad.

by Anonymousreply 503/10/2012

I love how the DL is so obsessed with show

by Anonymousreply 603/10/2012

I bailed on the show after the mostly dumb wheel spinning third season, but I do enjoy the backstage dirt.

by Anonymousreply 703/10/2012

Bob Reed really was hot. The deep voice, the blue eyes, the tall stature and slender body. I read that he had a "type", and that type was blonde twinks.

by Anonymousreply 803/10/2012

Don't tell Mrs. Brady, R8.

by Anonymousreply 903/10/2012

Carol knew, R9. What else would explain that hair of hers?

by Anonymousreply 1003/10/2012

I don't know that this is actually a deleted scene...I swear I've seen that in an actual episode, back when it was aired in the 70's...

by Anonymousreply 1103/10/2012

[quote] Robert Reed was so hot in retrospective.

Oh, Dear.

by Anonymousreply 1203/10/2012

Straight, but Christopher Knight would get stoned and let the occasional guy suck him off during his mid-late 20s early 30s.

by Anonymousreply 1303/10/2012

The gays that sucked off Peter are failures! I would have made sure Christoper Knight never looked at a woman again if I got to have my way with him.

by Anonymousreply 1403/10/2012

Bobby wanted to go skinny dipping because the man next door had told him what a fine young rear end he had and that he should be exhibiting it more. I don't think Cindy understood this at all.

by Anonymousreply 1503/10/2012

It's not deleted, it's from "Goodbye, Alice, Hello" from Season 4 - Alice leaves the Bradys and they beg her to return!!

by Anonymousreply 1603/10/2012

It's not a deleted scene, it's been edited out when the episodes air now. What needs to be remembered was back then, the commercial breaks seemed to consist of two 30 second commercials instead of 4 or 5 sixty second commercials now.

It was fun to go through the 4th & fifth seasons on DVD & look for these "deleted" scenes, because some scenes haven't been broadcast in 20-25 years...

by Anonymousreply 1703/10/2012

Robert Reed was handsome & hot as well.

He peaked in the episode where Marcia becomes a freshman. It was the first episode since they returned from Hawaii. They all look so tan.

And it's the ONLY episode in the fourth or fifth season where Mike Brady's hair is NOT curly. He's just so hot & handsome in it!

by Anonymousreply 1803/10/2012

Thanks for solving the mystery. I knew I'd never seen this scene before. I never knew that nudity was mentioned on TBB, much less the expression "x-rated."

by Anonymousreply 1903/11/2012

Alice was more avuncular than maternal. That's why the Brady Men were "all alone" without the first Mrs. Brady.

People in the 70s were more casual about nudity as an option both in private and sometimes in public. Streaking was a hot fad. TV and movies got plenty of comic mileage out of nudism, more often implied then seen.

There wasn't much public dialogue about child abuse (and pedophilia) prior to the publication of MOMMIE, DEAREST. It was safe to joke about the youngest Brady Kids going buck naked to a neighbor's pool because everybody knew that was something a doctor and his family might do in California in 1973.

by Anonymousreply 2003/11/2012

r20 in other words before the hysterical male-hating freaks took control of the public discourse about sex

by Anonymousreply 2103/11/2012

What's funny is that while Alice refers to it as "an X-rated swimming pool," she doesn't forbid the kids from going, only from swimming nude.

Ann B. Davis plays the scene beautifully.

by Anonymousreply 2203/11/2012

There's a fun "deleted" scene that's no longer shown in the Getting Davy Jones episode...

Peter & Bobby are making fun of the girls passion & excitement about Davy.

Peter goes on to exclaim... " Hey Davy Baby, don't break your Gee Tar!!!"

by Anonymousreply 2303/11/2012

I thought Mr. Brady was hot until he got a perm.

by Anonymousreply 2403/11/2012

Remember the scene in AIRPLANE when the kid in the cockpit says he likes his coffee black, like his men?

Can you imagine the fury that would cause today?

by Anonymousreply 2503/11/2012

This thread has made the most Umpy-like question pop into my head. What if in a set up with a blended family two of the (non-biologically related) kids develop romantic feelings for each other in adulthood? Is there still an ick factor? No different than falling for the boy/girl next door, right?

by Anonymousreply 2603/11/2012

R25, it's a little girl that says that line. "I take it black. Like my men."

by Anonymousreply 2703/11/2012

Good question, R26. I guess the only ick factor would be that they grew up as brother and sister, and are related by marriage. The whole "I'm in love with my blood brother/sister" thing wouldn't be there. So I guess it's just a lesser ick factor.

by Anonymousreply 2803/11/2012

I used to be so turned on to Robert Reed when I was young. I had no idea that he would end up being was a major shock to me. I remember when the curly alfro became a fad for white guys during the 70's.

I always thought that the Brady kids were stuck-up and prissy. How could kids be that perfect?

by Anonymousreply 2903/11/2012

Mike Brady baisée Alice avec ses doigts.

by Anonymousreply 3003/11/2012

Alice served as Mike's procurer for years, until her looks gave out. He had to find a newer model and, lucky him, he found four!

by Anonymousreply 3103/11/2012

So did the dad just appear one day with a fro? Or was there a Mike Gets A Perm special episode?

by Anonymousreply 3203/11/2012

r32, he just appeared with a fro during the second season.

by Anonymousreply 3303/11/2012

It wasn't only Robert who suddenly got a 'fro, R32. All the Brady men just suddenly had 'fros one episode.

by Anonymousreply 3403/11/2012

Actually, Robert Reed had naturally Curley hair. It had to be tamed and straightened. During the Hawaii episodes, the humidity made it nearly impossible to tame, so he wore it naturally. Florence noticed it. You have naturally curly hair!

by Anonymousreply 3503/11/2012

I think Barry Williams hair might have been naturally curly as well. You can see that they are having a harder time keeping it straight the seaon before they just let it go completely curly. I had wavy hair in grade school, that went more curly at age 14 or so.

by Anonymousreply 3603/11/2012

All they guys had naturally curly hair. They just gave up on straightening it in later seasons. They even started to let Mike Lookinland's naturally blonde hair show through a little more. In earlier seasons, his head was doused in black shoepolish dye.

by Anonymousreply 3703/11/2012

Masturbating as I typeth . . .

by Anonymousreply 3803/11/2012

Ann B. Davis could make even the corniest lines funny, bless her.

by Anonymousreply 3903/11/2012

And Ann B. Davis could make even the butches dykes fem, bless her.

by Anonymousreply 4003/11/2012

The Hawaii episode had the infamous scene of Mike boarding the plane with straight hair but arriving with curly hair.

by Anonymousreply 4103/11/2012

For R25.

I was pretty young when I first saw Airplane, and always interpreted this scene as the little girl saying "I take it black, the same way my men like their coffee." It wasn't until I saw it again as an adult that I got the other meaning.

Now I want to watch the whole movie again. It's been years.

by Anonymousreply 4203/11/2012

When they show Airplane on TV now they delete the black coffee remark and the one where the pilot asks the little boy if he likes watching gladiators.

The 70s weren't nearly as prudish as today.

by Anonymousreply 4303/11/2012

"Peter goes on to exclaim... " Hey Davy Baby, don't break your Gee Tar!!!"

When did they stop airing that scene?

by Anonymousreply 4403/11/2012

Mike gets on the plane to Hawaii with straight hair and leaves with a perm.

by Anonymousreply 4503/20/2013

[quote]He peaked in the episode where Marcia becomes a freshman.

Which, as everyone knows, is the single greatest episode of "the Brady Bunch" ever.

It has the greatest adolescent sexula metaphor ever (Peter's volcano erupting all over his hot stepsister and the Boosters, the bitchy girls' group Marcia wants to join), plus all of Marcia's best wigged-out dialogue. Samples!:

"So that's it! Even my own father thinks I'll be unpopular in high school! I hate high school! I HATE IT!!!"

"It's so beneficial for me to be away from those children in junior high and to be with people of my own mature growth. I'm looking forward to the intellectual stimulation. Nice meeting you boys. Bye."

by Anonymousreply 4603/20/2013

Wasn't this deleted scene in the same episode where Mike, Carol, Alice and Sam went to the key party at the Dittmar's? I'm sure of it. Carol ended up with that nasty yeast infection. Alice used the yeast to make the dinner rolls the next night.

by Anonymousreply 4703/20/2013

Is the maid played by Ellen DeGeneres?

by Anonymousreply 4803/20/2013

They had to cut this scene because Buddy Hinton refused to do full frontal nudity.

by Anonymousreply 4903/20/2013

that scene could have been written by Stephen Collins.

by Anonymousreply 5010/16/2014

Wow. Some of the comments on that page are really creepy.

by Anonymousreply 5110/17/2014

I like cousin Oliver, from the lost episode.

by Anonymousreply 5210/17/2014

I actually just saw this episode on a MeTv rerun one Sunday morning a few weeks ago.

I thought it was a bit odd too, but figured that's how it was in the swingin' 70s.

by Anonymousreply 5310/17/2014

Something suddenly came up.

by Anonymousreply 5410/17/2014

Airplane! is satire, if you do it well only idiots would get mad at the jokes, so stop whining about not be allowed to enjoy the comedy of yesteryear.

by Anonymousreply 5510/17/2014

Not a deleted scene at all. It still airs.

by Anonymousreply 5610/17/2014

The kid who played Bobby was the original inspiration for this...

by Anonymousreply 5711/24/2014

when I am blue I put on the DVD'S.

by Anonymousreply 5801/02/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!