Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What do we know about Jason Dohring?

So fucking hot in "Ringer" - I know he is supposedly married, but he's just too pretty not to have been someone's boy toy. Stories? Gossip?

by Anonymousreply 5203/14/2014

WLE (worst link ever), OP.

I got curious about this guy though too based on his past few weeks on Ringer. I'd never seen Veronica Mars and didn't know him from anything else.

He's cute, but when he smiles I think he looks like an evil little kid.

by Anonymousreply 103/09/2012

He's a Scientologist.

Kristen Bell apparently didn't like him & he maybe liked her a little too much.

by Anonymousreply 203/09/2012

IFHH!

by Anonymousreply 303/10/2012

He's sexy, but a $cientologist. He was born into it. He got married at about age 22 to another $cieno. A pity.

by Anonymousreply 403/10/2012

Butterface.

by Anonymousreply 503/10/2012

I think he might have a steroid problem, because between the first two seasons of Veronica Mars, he put on a massive amount of muscle.

by Anonymousreply 703/10/2012

I never got the Veronica-Logan chemistry as being anything more than frenemies. I believe the show lost it's edge when he became too focused on them.

by Anonymousreply 803/10/2012

[quote]I never got the Veronica-Logan chemistry as being anything more than frenemies. I believe the show lost it's edge when he became too focused on them.

I agree with the latter part, although that was only part of why the third season was such a let down, but I have to say, when they kissed on screen for the first time, it was amazingly hot. And I almost never feel that way about straight couples onscreen, no matter how much like I like the actors involved. Ben Browder and Claudia Black on Farscape and David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are the the only ones I can even think of.

by Anonymousreply 903/10/2012

Given the closeted nature of the two most prominent Scientologists - Cruise & Travolta - is there any possibility he's on the down low?

by Anonymousreply 1003/10/2012

R9, ITA with the first kiss but their chemistry was not the type to build a relationship around.

by Anonymousreply 1103/10/2012

Jason is not just a scientologist but the son of one of the most powerful scientologists in the world, former owner of NeoPets Doug Dohring. His mother used to have a blog up about how she homeschooled her children until Jason was about 12 - all scientology indoctrination, all the time - then he went to a scientology private school, where he met his wife, also a scientologist, whom he married right out of high school. Guy never had a chance. I've heard he's very shy and will mention scientology on set, but won't shove it down people's throats, and has some non-scientology friends.

He simply creeped Kristen out. Her problem with him was that she was a classically trained stage actress used to very structured rehearsals and shooting processes, and he is not. He is a great improviser, and would throw curve balls at her in every take, and it drove her nuts. And, yes, he was quite enamored of her, and that put her off even more. She much preferred working with her gayboy pal Teddy Dunn, and pushed the Veronica/Duncan relationship at the producers, even insisting to a disbelieving fan crowd that they were Romeo and Juliet. She deeply resented that the fans loved Logan/Veronica so much.

I don't think he's gay, but even if he was, he'd never, ever be able to act on it.

by Anonymousreply 1303/10/2012

I have to admit I'm a huge Kristen Bell fan. If she didn't like most of her cast mates, it didn't show. She seemed to have chemistry with all of them.

Any more BTS gossip I'd love to hear.

by Anonymousreply 1603/10/2012

[quote]her gayboy pal Teddy Dunn

Details, please! Somehow I missed this tidbit.

by Anonymousreply 1703/10/2012

Sexy as F-U-C-K. Kinda has one of those bodies that don't match his face (the body is muscular and manly--the face is cute and boyish). I used to ship his and Alex O'Loughlin's characters on the vampire series "Moonlight" (there was a bit of homoerotic undercurrent between the two of them on that show). He also has very sexy hands. They're smooth, as if he hasn't done much menial labor in his life.

He's got two sets of twin siblings (two boys and two girls--weird, I know).

by Anonymousreply 1803/10/2012

He dressed up as Tom Cruise in "Risky Business" on an episode of "Veronica Mars" and revealed those sexy gams

by Anonymousreply 1903/10/2012

What's better than a little pussy...err...blood between friends?

by Anonymousreply 2003/10/2012

Teddy wasn't a great actor. But that first season of VM was fantastic. I appreciate the later seasons too, especially for introducing me to the hotness that I'd Patrick Fabian, but they never matched the quality of S1.

by Anonymousreply 2203/11/2012

Do you have any gossip on Percy Daggs? He really had a great brother-sister chemistry with Veronica.

by Anonymousreply 2303/11/2012

Percy Daggs was very unprofessional on set. The fans loved his vibe with Veronica, but Rob Thomas was reluctant to increase his role or screentime because he frequently showed up late, not knowing his lines and missing his marks. Really nice guy, decent actor, too, but not a polished or trained actor by any stretch.

by Anonymousreply 2403/11/2012

So is Kristen Bell a likable person? I noticed on her IMDB page she's a big supporter of that "Invisible Children" guy.

by Anonymousreply 2503/11/2012

Who cares about K. Bell and who she was fag-hagging? I want to hear more about Jason!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2603/11/2012

Kristen Bell is... a polarizing person. Very ambitious, very opinionated and sarcastic, intelligent and extroverted. I've met many people who have worked with her, and they will all either say she's a beastly, smug bitch or an impressive workaholic who keeps it real. Very Sarah Michelle Gellaresque.

She's definitely a friend of the gays, though. She has virtually no straight male friends.

by Anonymousreply 2703/11/2012

Thanks for the info R27. I'm a little disappointed. I don't generally like SMG types.

by Anonymousreply 2803/11/2012

Thanks R27. I guess that explains the really reduced presence of Wallace in the final season.

by Anonymousreply 3003/11/2012

Hmm, I wonder if Tina Majorino's role was increased because they wanted someone with a little more experience. Between Dunn's "acting" and Daggs's acting out (so sad, I loved Wallace), I guess they may have needed some stability.

KBell is a difficult package to deal with, but I give her props for trying so hard to keep Hayden P away from Milo Smack-a-bitch-ia on "Heroes". Apparently she's the one who shot it down when Milo wanted Hayden to move in with him (to stay within arm's reach?). Of course, according to CDaN, that's hardly the extent of Hayden's troubles.

Dohring is a strong actor (sometimes) but if you have a crush on him, you may want to skip the next paragraph. It's about who he reminds me of, physically, and as they say "Once you see it, you can't un-see it."

* * * Beaker from "The Muppet Show" :)

by Anonymousreply 3103/11/2012

Michael Muhney is of of the nicest people to work with. He's a great guy and he's great to his fans. Rob Thomas adored him, which is why he was a series regular in the third season. I have no idea why R15 says otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 3203/11/2012

The idea of Czurchy and Dohring going at it with eaCh other - now THAT is a movie I'd pay A LOT to see!

by Anonymousreply 3303/11/2012

Michael Muhney is batshit crazy. If by "great to his fans" you mean posts obsessively on his own fanfrau-run LiveJournal, reads fanfiction about his own character and develops "personal" relationships with fat fanfraus, then yes, he's great to them, but he's a royal pain in the ass to work with. Rob Thomas did not love him, did not love the fan outpouring for his character, and very happily killed him off. Muhney has been bitchy about it ever since.

Muhney is a GREAT actor, but there's a reason why the much more wooden Tahmoh Penikett was cast in "Dollhouse" when Muhney was the other front runner, and it has nothing to do with talent (of which Muhney has a lot more) and everything to do with how tight Joss Whedon and Rob Thomas are, and what Whedon heard from Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 3403/11/2012

I assume anyone who's a KB fan has seen the sloth video, right? It's funny, but it makes you realize even the actors who seem normal are really batshit crazy on some level.

by Anonymousreply 3503/11/2012

Muhney has a big and loyal Twitter following, and takes his role as Adam Newman on Y&R very seriously (he's really good in it). I heard he's really nice and down to earth. Various videos I've seen of him seem to suggest it.

by Anonymousreply 3603/11/2012

Muhney has some great gams, too.

by Anonymousreply 3703/11/2012

I've heard what r15 says about Muhney elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 3803/11/2012

R18= pathetic self loathing moron.

by Anonymousreply 3903/11/2012

r39, you're a freak.

by Anonymousreply 4003/11/2012

R39, you just called yourself a freak.

by Anonymousreply 4103/11/2012

R39, what's self loathing about my post at R18, you stupid, pitiful moron? I was complimenting Dohring, you dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 4203/11/2012

Anything about Kyle Gallner? He was one of the most impressive actors from this show.

by Anonymousreply 4303/11/2012

Kyle Gallner is very professional, straight but very gay-supportive (I was surprised that he's straight, but he is), typical superficial but nice enough 20something LA actor. He did not like Kristen Bell, but isn't really in the practice of badmouthing people. He's pretty normal.

by Anonymousreply 4403/11/2012

[quote] He's gay and KBell loves the gays, especially the theater gays like Teddy. He got fat and couldn't really act anyway, so he has no acting career at all these days. I think he went into law.

[quote]She's very close to Jonathan Bennett, too.

She's also BFFs with Zach Quinto.

by Anonymousreply 4503/12/2012

Yes, she is, and Victor Garber and Alan Cumming and Matt Bomer and a host of D-list up and coming gay designers... she is a total fruit fly.

by Anonymousreply 4603/12/2012

Any gossip on Chris Lowell aka Piz?

by Anonymousreply 4703/23/2013

if everything was that bad on the set of veronica mars. ask your self this question why did Rob Thomas just get done doing a veronica mars movie, that him and Kristan bell been trying to do for years. jason dohring and kirsten bell like woring with each other. kirsten bell is the one that is the prankster on the sit on veronica mars she had the writers make fake scripts of for actor Teddy Dunn where his character D.K. had to kiss Jason Dohring character L.E. and Teddy got mad about it. all ture. Kirsten bell told it at a Veronica mars panel herself. so don't know where R15 got their info and she/he doesn't know the actors personally.check out this youtube video veronica mars cast panel. P.S. need to check out blooper reels of Veronica mars seasons she pretty funny in them and they might answer some questions about how the cast are on set. season 3 blooper reel you see Kirsten pulling out her script it see what her lines are because she did not know them/forgot what her lines are. don't beleive everything you read. maybe kirsten bell didn't like Jason Dohring at first but then she got to know him a little better as a person. and you have to remember that they are actors and that their characters where not suppose like each other. their characters where not supposed to fall in love either. Jason Dohring character was supposed to be the bad guy in the show that is what he was supposed to play and that is it nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 4807/29/2013

Please more on jason dohring ive google /youtubed facebooked him and hardly anything comes up he has no social media.. I dint know anything about scientology really apart from they believe in aliens and cant masterbate lol

by Anonymousreply 4901/09/2014

AWG alert! Body was only decent in "Ringer" the other pics I've seen of him shirtless his body wasn't so great. Face is very fucking average. Typical low standard DL thread.

by Anonymousreply 5001/09/2014

How about Max Greenfield, so hot :)

by Anonymousreply 5101/09/2014

His face looked emaciated in the VM movie, though. His chest looked nice.

Chris Lowell looked gorgeous though.

by Anonymousreply 5203/14/2014
Need more help? Click Here.