Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Plastic Surgery. For men.

I don't get it.

I think at times it works on women ... but when subtle.

On men, just creepy. I know two guys who are older (I don't know the age, just know much older than me, maybe 70) who had face lifts.

And we all know it.

Do guys think we don't realize they've had surgery? And, if you do realize it, then how do you think it looks good?

I don't get it. I'd like to grow old with the grey hair, wrinkles....ruggedly handsome, swarthy handsome. You know, grow into it with experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 28, 2019 9:44 PM

Isn't the need for plastic surgery of yesteryear unnecessary with all the microdermabraion, glycolic peels, botox, juvederm, etc. now available?

by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2012 10:31 PM

btw, linked pic is of a guy who is 80. Some hispanic queen who does horoscopes.

looks like Joan Rivers. Who looks freakish to me.

by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2012 10:33 PM

Maybe it's less about fooling others than it is fooling themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3March 9, 2012 10:34 PM

I wish women as well as men felt free to age naturally. The pressure to stay and look young no matter one's age is destructive and incredibly suffocating.

by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2012 10:38 PM

I think it's possible for men to have good plastic surgery. But bad plastic surgery looks worse on men because it tends to have a feminizing effect.

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2012 10:39 PM

Too true. I don't shave or cut my nails, or get crowns/ fillings etc either. Messin' with the ageing process and I prefer to have natural, masculne, rugged allure.

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2012 10:40 PM

[quote]And we all know it.

To me this is the freakish and irrational part of the anti-surgery arguments. They only ask "can you tell?" As if that's the only goal of the surgery. The only real question that matters is "does it look better?" And the answer is usually yes. We all know there are exceptions, like Michael Jackson, when people go to far, but in most cases the people look better.

I think some people just enjoy having something to criticize.

by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2012 10:49 PM

Just depends on the surgeon. Tammy's lift last year by the world's best, Ivo Pitanguy, is an example of extraordinarily good and subtle work.

by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2012 10:50 PM

Cruise looks truly amazing.

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2012 10:53 PM

Op is a sexist

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2012 10:53 PM

Tom Cruise

LL Cool J

outstanding plastic surgery on men

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2012 11:03 PM

Living here in WeHo, it's epidemic. These older 45-50 year olds, getting peels, botox, eye jobs. It's repulsive. They all walk around, like no one notices.We ALL notice that you look freaky. My friend calls it 'snakeskin' - its all smooth, and shiny, and fem looking. Nothing worse than seeing a big buff guy, who turns around, and he's pulled, or botoxed (known as 'frozen face'). Guys -stop it. Do the Clooney, and let some wrinkles show. Better than looking like a realtor on 'Selling L.A.'

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2012 11:04 PM

[quote]They all walk around, like no one notices.

you need to read r7

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2012 11:09 PM

What does it say about people who walk around looking for what they perceive to be flaws. Looking for what they perceive as an opportunity for criticism?

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2012 11:10 PM

Life on DL, R14.

Bad work is what's immediately noticeable. Good work isn't as immediately evident. Agree completely about Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 15March 10, 2012 1:26 AM

It is tricky, because bad plastic surgery can make a man look very, very odd. I really can't stand the bizarre look of shiny skin that is pulled very tight.

The queen in OP's post -- Walter Mercado -- looks like an old lesbian. That is some pretty dreadful work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 10, 2012 2:03 AM

Some faces aren't meant for plastic surgery and it's pretty odd that there are so many BAD plastic surgeons in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 17March 10, 2012 2:14 AM

[quote]Better than looking like a realtor on 'Selling L.A.'

Who is that Selling LA guy with the scary plastic surgery? I think the poor guy has no idea how grotesque he looks.

He looks like he wants to be the top seller in Uncanny Valley.

by Anonymousreply 18March 10, 2012 2:26 AM

When I was younger, I figured that eventually I would get plastic surgery. Now that I'm an old guy--it seems ridiculous, since I know that there isn't any surgery that would make me look like a handsome younger guy, only like an old fart who had his face pulled tight.

by Anonymousreply 19March 10, 2012 2:29 AM

Creeper!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 10, 2012 2:34 AM

r20, other than her teeth being too white, I think KD Lang looks pretty good.

sorry, I meant kd lang.

by Anonymousreply 21March 10, 2012 2:39 AM

The only surgery I can see for a guy is if his eyelids start to sag and it begins to affect his vision, or if he has huge bags under his eyes. I'm always amazed to see Andrew Lloyd Weber with his set of matching luggage and wonder why he hasn't had them removed.

by Anonymousreply 22March 10, 2012 5:20 AM

Think Burt Reynolds and Kenny Rogers.

horrendous results

Burt Reynolds surgery results still look terrible.

Kenny Rogers' results have improved a little bit (with a 2nd surgery, I think)

by Anonymousreply 23March 10, 2012 5:28 AM

Fuck you, fags!

I look GREAT!

by Anonymousreply 24March 10, 2012 5:29 AM

Does anyone know what causes the shiny look?

by Anonymousreply 25March 10, 2012 5:40 AM

Walter Mercado reminds me of Carolina Herrera.

by Anonymousreply 26March 10, 2012 5:43 AM

Relevant?

Nose job lies force Egyptian MP to quit

Egypt's ultraconservative Islamic Al-Nour party said on Monday one of its MPs has resigned from parliament because he got a nose job and then lied about it, claiming he was beaten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 10, 2012 5:48 AM

There was new article this week showing how Barry Manilow has recently destroyed his looks even further.

The article showed how his eyes are now currently very wonky and uneven - one eye with a drooping eyelid and one without, and how one eye is now much higher than the other eye.

And how the lower half of his face is wonky with weird indentations and unfortunate cheek implants.

That makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 28March 10, 2012 5:48 AM

R25, I've been told the shiny look comes from fillers – Botox, Restylane, the injectables.

by Anonymousreply 29March 10, 2012 5:54 AM

It is strange how men will obtain plastic surgery and not worry about the very real possibility that it will be feminizing like Bruce Jenner's plastic surgery turned out.

by Anonymousreply 30March 10, 2012 5:55 AM

I always thought the shiny cheeks are also from chemical peels.

And maybe also from being pulled back too tightly from facelifts.

by Anonymousreply 31March 10, 2012 6:00 AM

ryan from the A list looks great in op's picture i think.

by Anonymousreply 32March 10, 2012 6:01 AM

Ryan Gosling had pretty good nose job, but I can't think of another male actor who's been so lucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 10, 2012 6:19 AM

I've read about Tom Cruise hoarding Botox by the caseload, but nothing about a facelift. Are we sure he had one? Couldn't it just be Botox and fillers?

by Anonymousreply 34March 10, 2012 6:40 AM

Agreed, r33. It looks like Ryan also had some fat sucked out of his upper eyelids, as well.

by Anonymousreply 35March 10, 2012 6:51 AM

Male plastic surgery is for fags and film stars.

It reeks of DESPERATION and vanity.

by Anonymousreply 36March 10, 2012 7:45 AM

Fastest way to turn a hot stud into a scary lesbian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 10, 2012 7:53 AM

R25, If the shiny skin is all over the face, it may be an effect of chemical peels as there would be no more "horny layer" of old skin. That's common.

by Anonymousreply 38March 10, 2012 7:56 AM

I don't know what you bitches are talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 10, 2012 7:56 AM

WTF did Bruce Jenner get a nose job? I swear so many people can't see themselves accurately.

No non-reversing mirrors for them!

by Anonymousreply 40March 10, 2012 7:58 AM

Carrot Top now looks like a drag queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 10, 2012 7:59 AM

One suspects that Bruce Jenner might be cross-dressing in his private life these days.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wears women's clothing in his private personal life and/or wears women's underwear.

He insists on wearing large diamond stud earrings in BOTH ears about 99 percent of the time these days.

by Anonymousreply 42March 10, 2012 8:00 AM

What plastic surgery?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 10, 2012 8:02 AM

RE 42 That's been (more than) a rumor for years. Apparently, just before he married that whore, Kris , he was on the verge of going the whole route - the trans operation. Kris talked him out of it, and the rest we all know. Was told this by the person who dated him (a woman), just before Kris. She was understanding, but just couldn't handle it.

Last week, on WWHN, Andy Cohen had the balls to ask Kris to her face, if that rumor was true - mama denied it , of course. But look at his face.

by Anonymousreply 44March 10, 2012 8:17 AM

[quote] I don't get it. I'd like to grow old with the grey hair, wrinkles....

Women want this too, OP. At least sane, attractive and non-vain women.

by Anonymousreply 45March 10, 2012 8:25 AM

Andy Cohen asked Kris Jenner if Bruce Jenner wears women's clothing in his private life??

by Anonymousreply 46March 10, 2012 8:27 AM

We are planning to have a very subtle SMAS lift very soon.

When one thinks of good facelifts on sisters think Tammy Cruise and homosexual-tinymeat Brad Pitt!

by Anonymousreply 47March 10, 2012 8:51 AM

Cruise had a facelift? I noticed his hair is lighter brown in color, maybe to distract. Pitt is tinymeat?

Googling...

by Anonymousreply 48March 10, 2012 9:01 AM

Well I guess it was Pitt who said he was hung like a gerbil.

by Anonymousreply 49March 10, 2012 9:06 AM

Vince Vaughn's nose job is just really fucking terrible and every time I see his face I can only surmise that he went to a really bad surgeon and/or his original nose was just absolutely massive. ditto Matt Le Blanc.

Of the women, Kris Jenner's nosejob is completely sub-standard, and whatever Cindy Crawford has done to her eyes recently makes it look like her IQ has dropped by a good 30 points

by Anonymousreply 50March 10, 2012 10:23 AM

I think it's advisable to do something about a sagging neck and sometimes jowls (and most rarely eyes). Facelifts can change the integrity of the face - not great for men. With relativity minor procedures like the neck and jowls you still come out looking like yourself, your age, just better. These are the procedures that don't get noticed often.

by Anonymousreply 51March 10, 2012 5:56 PM

Clooney is one of the 'natural ones' that is not natural at all.

He has had his jawline and neck tightened.

As has Reichen the famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 52March 10, 2012 6:10 PM

I'm the same as R19. When I was younger, I thought I'd get everything done to my face when I got older. Now that I AM older, I really don't mind the fine lines around my eyes; they don't bother me at all. I would much rather look my age, but look good for my age, than have that "pulled tight" look that is so freakish-looking. I've seen too many plastic surgery disasters up-close and personal to risk going that route. I'm not the biggest George Clooney fan, but I respect him for not getting a shit-ton of work done and looking natural. He looks great for his age.

by Anonymousreply 53March 10, 2012 6:22 PM

Good lord, Barry Manilow is now firmly in Joan Van Ark territory. WHY do people do this to themselves?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 10, 2012 6:25 PM

[quote]I've been told the shiny look comes from fillers – Botox, Restylane, the injectables.

Botox isn't a filler. It's the Botox that makes faces shiny. Some surgeons say if too much Botox is used, it creates a shiny look because the forehead is extremely smoothed out, the muscles get all tightened underneath the skin, and light reflects really well on the skin. Others say it's because Botox may inadvertently stimulate the oil glands in the face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 10, 2012 6:36 PM

[quote]The only surgery I can see for a guy is if his eyelids start to sag and it begins to affect his vision.

My mother and I both have heavy-lidded, deep set eyes. She had surgery and look "startled" for a while. Gradually the whole thing fell and she decided against further surgery. But that was in the 80s. I've got a bottle of 15% TCA solution and I'm supposed to "peel" myself this weekend, I'm off work till Thursday, but I can't bring myself to do it.

by Anonymousreply 56March 10, 2012 6:41 PM

Barry Manilow's face fillers make him look like he's on predisone. Those fillers are awful on people.

by Anonymousreply 57March 10, 2012 6:41 PM

Seriously, R57. I have never, ever seen someone look better after getting those awful cheek fillers. They ruin a person's face and are very unnatural-looking. I don't know why people get them.

by Anonymousreply 58March 10, 2012 6:50 PM

R12, you're a fool if you think Clooney is all natural. He's had a moderate amount of work done, but it's subtle, the way it should be.

I live in WeHo, too, and see bad plastic surgery all around, so I get your point. However, you're not seeing the good stuff because you're not supposed to; it's meant to be subtle and a seasoned surgeon will create that effect.

Unfortunately, a lot of aging queens aren't made of money and they'll opt for cut-rate procedures. Then they get the caliber of work they paid for.

by Anonymousreply 59March 10, 2012 6:52 PM

OP = Brody Jenner

by Anonymousreply 60March 10, 2012 6:52 PM

People said Madonna had cheek fillers around Confessions. She looked great. Then it all went to hell when she got implants for Hard Candy.

by Anonymousreply 61March 10, 2012 6:56 PM

I think men have to be really careful with their eyes. Getting bags removed is one thing (Chris Noth did this and looks SO much better) and obviously it can be medically necessary if the lids start to droop so much they affect your vision. But I think most bad male face work seems to be largely the result of bad eye work. When the skin there gets too pulled the eyes get that "surprised" look. It's bad on women, but it's 1,000x worse on men.

by Anonymousreply 62March 10, 2012 6:57 PM

My guess is that the best cosmetic surgeons will only do a procedure when they're reasonably sure what the client wants done is actually going to work. Which means they wouldn't be the most popular. The name of the game is probably to pick up as many clients as you can by doing whatever they want, cheap, and then getting the hell out of town when you sense a lawsuit coming.

by Anonymousreply 63March 10, 2012 7:00 PM

Now I know who Barry reminds me of in that pic, the Tutti doll!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 10, 2012 8:40 PM

R16, all the makeup doesn't help either.

by Anonymousreply 65March 10, 2012 8:55 PM

OP, why is it ok for women when done well, but it can't possibly be ok for men if done well? Why the double standard?

by Anonymousreply 66March 10, 2012 9:05 PM

[quote]On men, just creepy. I know two guys who are older (I don't know the age, just know much older than me, maybe 70) who had face lifts.

The key to facelifts, if you're going to go that route, is to start early. You first need a basic lift in your late 40s if you're going to try to maintain your looks later on. Getting a facelift after 60 is invariably a disaster, because the skin by that point is already so loose (and thus it's much easier to accidentally "tighten" the face, and worse still it won't "slacken" much with age because it's already so slack).

[quote]Just depends on the surgeon. Tammy's lift last year by the world's best, Ivo Pitanguy, is an example of extraordinarily good and subtle work.

I agree completely. I can think of no male who's had better surgical work than Cruise. On the female front, Sophia Loren owns it (regardless of her now decades-long claim that she's never had any work done).

[quote]These older 45-50 year olds, getting peels, botox, eye jobs. It's repulsive.

While it's possible to do Botox "right" (to allow the recipient to retain the ability to move their upper face while eliminating wrinkles), it's extremely hard to find someone with that level of skill, so far too many people end up with the dreaded "frozen face" look, particularly in L.A. Chemical peels are hard to fuck up unless your dermatologist uses too strong a solution; there's usually some redness and peeling, but afterwards you've basically lost a layer of skin and a lot of fine lines. Surgical eye jobs are also easy to fuck up -- particularly on women, they can result in "cat eyes" (a noticeable slant - see cases in point Sandra Bullock and Sarah Jessica Parker), but on men the problem is usually pockets of fat accumulating above and below the eyes, and in both cases they can today be dealt with via laser surgery that just breaks up the fat pockets. Again, a hard surgery to fuck up.

[quote]I think it's advisable to do something about a sagging neck and sometimes jowls

I agree, and that's one reason Tom Cruise looks so good; whoever took care of his recent "turkey gullet" did superb work. Aside from that, he appears to have had only some very minor work, and doesn't appear to use Botox (though fillers are certainly a possibility in his frown lines and cheeks, and he could've had hair plugs to cover any receding or balding - good plug jobs are nearly impossible to notice nowadays).

by Anonymousreply 67March 10, 2012 9:07 PM

Because, R66, it's far more acceptable for an old woman to look like an airbrushed cat than it does for an old man to do so.

by Anonymousreply 68March 10, 2012 9:08 PM

[quote]OP, why is it ok for women when done well, but it can't possibly be ok for men if done well? Why the double standard?

Isn't part of the reason men often look so bad is because many of these techniques were perfected for women, and when performed on men, can be feminizing?

by Anonymousreply 69March 10, 2012 9:14 PM

[quote]When the skin there gets too pulled the eyes get that "surprised" look. It's bad on women, but it's 1,000x worse on men.

People with gay-face have this look naturally.

by Anonymousreply 70March 10, 2012 9:20 PM

Ivo Pitanguy is an old man now and no longer does the surgery himself.

While he may have done a consult with Tammy and treated him in his clinic he can no longer wield the scalpel.

by Anonymousreply 71March 10, 2012 9:23 PM

by Anonymousreply 72March 11, 2012 8:58 PM

In R33's post with the before and after photos of Ryan Gosling, it also looks like his chin is a lot smaller. In the before photo, he almost has a Leno/Witherspoon chin. He has a normal-looking chin in the after photo.

He's an example of good work because the final result looks natural along with being a big improvement.

There was a post a while back about men who ended up with noses that are too small. A friend loves "Leverage" so I watched it recently. Timothy Hutton looks like his nose should be much larger than it is. It actually looks kind of silly now that he's older.

by Anonymousreply 73March 11, 2012 10:42 PM

Not sure if this guy has had work done, but I was watching a certain show he comes on and was amazed how little he's aged over the decades (he's 45):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 11, 2012 10:46 PM

I'm not sure Gosling had anything done to his chin, r73. If you look in the mirror and smile like he was in the "before" you'll notice your chin becomes more prominent.

His nose job, however, is great work. It looks like he only got the bridge straightened (slightly crooked before) so there wasn't an alteration to the shape/style of the nose. Many wouldn't even suspect this work.

by Anonymousreply 75March 11, 2012 10:50 PM

I can't see what work he may have had done, R74. His eyes don't seem to have changed. The beard might be there to cover up a lack of firmness in his chin/jaw area. If so, it's very effective.

I'm guessing he has a combination of good genes and good skin, and he has taken care of it.

He really looks great.

by Anonymousreply 76March 11, 2012 10:55 PM

Black don't crack, R74.

by Anonymousreply 77March 11, 2012 10:59 PM

OP here. Didn't think this would have as many thoughtful posts.

I think we can all agree that we know of 60% of our women friends have had or will have plastic surgery. And we accept that. No matter how you think about it, the WORLD is sexist and putting women on pedestals to worship for their beauty will NEVER go away.

Gay guy here, but get the strength and power women can wield.

On guys: think Bruce Jenner. The queen I linked. Just disgusting. As I age, I want to be a hot daddy. Not that guy who has the dyed hair, the stretched face, and the shaved body. Just gross.

And I don't understand how these same guys don't get that WE ALL KNOW; we're just too polite to say it.

Is it sad that I can't tell my friend he needs to stop with the surgery and botox? It isn't my business. It's not my place. If it makes him feel good, go for it.

My interest is in those guys who opt for this, can you tell me if you actually realize that we all KNOW that you look plastic for a reason?

by Anonymousreply 78March 11, 2012 11:29 PM

There's also the embarrassment of making shit up about the post-surgery bruising, or having to disappear for a month.

John Kerry (link, what a joke) tried to claim that the two symmetrical bruisings around his eyes, and the light bruising on the bridge of his nose, were a "hockey accident."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 11, 2012 11:39 PM

I wouldn't want to be in a relationship or even date a guy who was that shallow and vain. Thankfully, I'm not shallow either and don't mind wrinkles, grey hair and a paunch.

That's one thing wonderful about being "an eldergay", I don't really give a fuck what anyone thinks anymore. I'm so much happier now.

by Anonymousreply 80March 12, 2012 12:40 AM

If men are going to have facial plastic surgery then: 1/ Start small and early. Have your eye bags done as early as you need to. 2/ A little jaw/neck lipo or neck lift later 3/ Maybe, and it's a big maybe. a mid or lower face lift if you have jowls or sagging.

Stay away from brow lifts, full face lifts. fillers. The giveaways of fillers are the chipmunk cheeks. The mistake is when men decide (Yes, Mr Reynolds and Mr Manilow I'm talking to you) that they want to get rid of ALL the wrinkles. Settle for getting rid of undue sagging (under eyes and jaw). It's sagging and skin discolouration that are greater agers than lines or wrinkles. So think about Photo Rejuvenation for agespots, dark pigmentation from sun damage, visible red veins etc.

Avoid full laser work and chemical peels. That's what gives the shiny, smooth look. I had a chemical peel which has given me smooth skin BUT has also removed some natural skin pigmentation which means under certain lights and in photos I look ghostlike and unnaturally pale. IF that happens to women they at least have the option of using makeup to add some colour and life to their skin.

Have the upper eyes done if you need to but you run the risk of feminizing the eye area. Talk to your surgeon. (Having said this I had my upper eyes done and was thrilled with the result!)

by Anonymousreply 81March 12, 2012 1:01 AM

[quote]That's one thing wonderful about being "an eldergay", I don't really give a fuck what anyone thinks anymore. I'm so much happier now.

Exactly.

And plastic surgery doesn't make you look young. It makes you look like you had plastic surgery, or worse.

It's not a sin to get old, you know.

by Anonymousreply 82March 12, 2012 1:08 AM

[quote]I had my upper eyes done and was thrilled with the result!

Hi gurlfriend

by Anonymousreply 83March 12, 2012 1:14 AM

[quote]It's not a sin to get old, you know.

It sure is on DL.

by Anonymousreply 84March 12, 2012 1:15 AM

can anyone on this forum be honest about having work done?

And if so, do you realize that all of your relatives and friends know that you had work done since it looks like you had work done.

So the pertinent question is this: is it really better for people to talk behind your back about how you look plastic vs. talk behind your back about how you've aged??

by Anonymousreply 85March 12, 2012 9:49 PM

I want to hear more about laser surgery for eye bags.

by Anonymousreply 86March 12, 2012 9:55 PM

I would love to get the bags under my eyes removed, but I just couldn't bring myself to do plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 87March 12, 2012 10:09 PM

[quote]I think we can all agree that we know of 60% of our women friends have had or will have plastic surgery. And we accept that.

OP, I can't remember if you've said if you live in Southern California, but this statistic is decidedly NOT true in the vast majority of the country, even among women of means (unless you're a true high-society doyenne). Also, you need to differentiate between injectables and actual surgery (since injectables are never permanent and can almost always been done during a lunch hour, as opposed to surgery and a month-long recovery process/debruising). I know a handful of women who do injectables (but FAR less than 60% of the women I know), and none who've gone under the knife. I know one guy who had hair plugs in his late 30s, when he was starting to significantly bald up front. That's it.

[quote]can anyone on this forum be honest about having work done?

Sure: I tried Botox a few years ago and decided I didn't like it or particularly need it, so I have nothing in my face today. I take Propecia since I started balding on my crown in my early 30s (I'm 40 today). I'm starting to get gray hair, so I'll probably start doing a light dye job soon. I don't need it yet, but I can pretty much tell already that I'll need a lower eye job by my late 40s. I have no crow's feet (thanks only to genetics and staying out of the sun) and minimal frown lines, so I don't think I'll need help there, either. I strongly doubt I'll ever return to Botox.

by Anonymousreply 88March 12, 2012 10:11 PM

[quote]It's not a sin to get old, you know.

indeed, And it's inevitable if you survive, it's that the bug goal in life?

by Anonymousreply 89March 12, 2012 10:18 PM

r88, thanks. OP here.

Couple of quick questions: why do you think you need to dye your hair? Trust me, younger guys love a good looking salt and pepper type. Especially if you have dark hair.

And, to clarify, I know quite a few people (men and women) who have had work done. From face lifts, to permanent eye-liner, to fake body parts. A lot of them.

For me, at least, I just can't see myself doing that. I want people to look and say hot guy because I am just that.

by Anonymousreply 90March 12, 2012 10:21 PM

Men with gray or salt-and-pepper hair can look really hot.

by Anonymousreply 91March 12, 2012 10:32 PM

OP, I want to dye my hair (and yes, it's dark) because I otherwise look quite a bit younger than my age, even though I'm well aware that the "X age but look ten years younger" line is one of the oldest in gaydom. I also generally date guys younger than me (currently a 28-year-old, who assumed I was around his age when we first met) and wouldn't ever want to be mistaken as their "daddy." And again, I know no one who's ever had any permanent work done aside from my friend who got hair plugs. I can't even fathom someone I know getting permanent eyeliner or fake body parts (and what does that even mean?? fake tits or butt implants?). I wouldn't rule out a facelift, but there is not a chance I would do any sort of implant (whether it be ass, calf, pec, cheek or whatever), and I have great eyes naturally and do not need "guyliner."

by Anonymousreply 92March 12, 2012 10:36 PM

I've always fretted and fussed over the bags under my eyes. Then one time I met a plastic surgeon at a party, and he proceeded to tell me all the things I needed done.

Bags removed, eyelids lifted, lipo under the chin and on and on.

All I could think of was Bruce Jenner, and I never worried about how I look again.

by Anonymousreply 93March 12, 2012 10:45 PM

[quote]Some hispanic queen who does horoscopes.

Walter Mercado is a filthy-rich astrologer with a huge female following throughout the Americas. In terms of style and fanbase, he's Puerto Rico's answer to Liberace. In the sixties, Walter was a soap actor who dabbled in astrology and Liberace was just a piano player. Then they both started donning bold capes, copious sparkle, and outrageous jewelry right at about the same time (the groovy late 60's/early 70's), becoming superstars in their respective fields.

Had Libby been alive today, you KNOW he would have jumped on the exaggerated botox/collagen bandwagon, with creepy results, a la Cher, Joan Rivers, Catwoman, etc.

by Anonymousreply 94March 12, 2012 10:48 PM

[quote]Then one time I met a plastic surgeon at a party, and he proceeded to tell me all the things I needed done.

Never ask a cosmetic surgeon (technically the proper term, not "plastic surgeon") what you need done. They'll tell you as much as possible, just like a car salesman would, under the assumption you'll go to them for the work. Lots of people have bags under their eyes, since the pockets of fat in your face fall with eyes and the skin around the eyes is the thinnest on your body, but eyelifts are not at all a given and you only need chin lipo if you're fat (and even then it won't hide the fact that your body's chunky).

[quote]All I could think of was Bruce Jenner, and I never worried about how I look again.

Bruce Jenner is the male equivalent of Jocelyn Wildenstein: one of the worst surgical disasters of any moderately well-known person in the country, and undoubtedly the direct result of a client insistent on getting "just a little more done" and a doctor who can't say no. (Michael Jackson suffered from the same problem with the infamous Arnie Klein.) Neither should be a barometer for what a single surgical procedure can do, even at the hands of an untalented doctor; both have undoubtedly had a dozen or more individual procedures. Note that I have seen Bruce Jenner in person and up close, and he's the closest thing I've encountered to a burn victim who hasn't ever been in a fire.

by Anonymousreply 95March 12, 2012 11:19 PM

Of course my youthful looks are all natural! My twin brother looks just like me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 12, 2012 11:24 PM

[quote]All I could think of was Bruce Jenner, and I never worried about how I look again.

Same here. I would much rather accept the natural aging process and look like a normal human being rather than go under the knife and end up looking like a freak-show such as Jenner or Manilow. Nothing is worth doing that.

by Anonymousreply 97March 12, 2012 11:27 PM

So, we're against heavy facial plastic surgery.

Do we have an opinion on pec implants?

by Anonymousreply 98March 12, 2012 11:33 PM

"OP, why is it ok for women when done well, but it can't possibly be ok for men if done well? Why the double standard?"

Stylish women are expected to look artificial: makeup, hair dye, hairspray, bras, spanx, etc., that's normal even for cubefraus. Plastic surgery is taking the artificiality up a notch for those who can afford it, and some women don't even care that their surgery makes them look inhuman. If it makes them look rich, that's better than looking human!

The male ideal is natural good looks, which is both a blessing and a curse. The blessing is that a good-looking man can wear his years well, the curse is that a man who isn't good-looking doesn't dare do much about it. Even plucking the eyebrows or using a smidge of concealer can make a man look desperate.

by Anonymousreply 99March 12, 2012 11:35 PM

Bruce Jenner could improve his overall look if he would stop wearing the two large protruding diamond stud earrings in both ears which look ridiculous and asinine.

by Anonymousreply 100March 12, 2012 11:38 PM

Sad fact but we are all constantly judged on our looks. It is hard wired into us to do so. Sociological studies show that babies respond more positively to good looking faces, handsome people get paid more etc. Worldwide it seems that style is more valued than substance. Yes, you're ridiculed for having surgery but equally you're out of the game once you decide to "age gracefully". If you are rich, supremely confident or are in a position of power in your job (either one of these) then yes, put on weight, go grey..BUT if you are none of these things then think very carefully. My experience: I dyed my hair for years (fooling nobody) then thought, to hell with it, and let the grey grow and instantly I was an old man. I liked the natural color and my friends liked it but to the wider world (and work colleagues) I was old. And not in a good (experienced, wise etc) way! People openly commented about my "being old" in a way they don't to the non-grays who are my age or older It's a strange thing but guys twenty years older than me who dye their hair (and yes, everyone knows they do) are treated more as peers by their younger colleague than I am. Yes, you will be ridiculed for plastic surgery if it's obvious but over the last few years I went "on vacation" had my eyes done, some lipo to neck and stomach, a peel and you know what? No one noticed or said a damn thing! Trust me, in the small gossipy world I live and work in it would have got back to me if someone had said something behind my back.

by Anonymousreply 101March 12, 2012 11:41 PM

Moe visits the plastic surgeon, starts at 9:20

PS: "Most faces need a little remodeling, but this is a total teardown"

MOE: "Hey hey that really burns"

PS: "Stop it, you're worse than Faye Dunaway"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102March 12, 2012 11:57 PM

[quote]Do we have an opinion on pec implants?

Good God *NO*. They look absurd as you get older and/or develop a paunch. When you're 50-plus and everything is slacking but your mantits, it's not a pretty picture.

[quote]Yes, you will be ridiculed for plastic surgery if it's obvious but over the last few years I went "on vacation" had my eyes done, some lipo to neck and stomach, a peel and you know what? No one noticed or said a damn thing!

They noticed, except they probably thought you looked "well rested," which should be the goal of plastic surgery on men: you look better, but not in any directly obvious way. If you hadn't had any of the work, they'd probably be thinking "wow, when did ______ start letting himself go to shit?"

by Anonymousreply 103March 13, 2012 12:41 AM

Girl, the queen in the photo is so over the top... I'll bet her penis has lips on the tip of it. On to your point of why, bitch, if you had 80s AIDS face, you'd get lifted too. Have some feelings for others, like I do.

by Anonymousreply 104March 13, 2012 12:49 AM

You only notice the bad dye jobs.

Everybody talks about how great Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise look and they get their hair colored.

Same thing goes with Botox and fillers--done right, they take a good 5 years off your appearance.

by Anonymousreply 105March 13, 2012 12:51 AM

R99/101 really are telling the truth - dammit!

by Anonymousreply 106March 13, 2012 1:06 AM

I'm 49 and have tried Botox. I can see where some people can get addicted to it and go overboard because it really does work. I liked the way my Dr did it in that i just looked much more relaxed and my brow got a bit of a lift, so I didn't look quite so angry all the time.

That was a year or so ago. I haven't had any since. Would I do it again? Yes, but I'd be sure not to overdo it. It can be done.

I color my moustache and goatee on occasion. I admit its pretty vain, but I look much younger with it a darker color (it's not completely white/gray). Not that I consider this to be plastic surgery but hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself and you're not looking freakish like Manilow or Jenner, why not? I have noticed that I get cruised quite a bit with darker hard vs the natural color. Vain? Maybe, but everyone likes to be looked at by others with a bit of lust in their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 107March 13, 2012 1:45 AM

I can relate to the stealth-vanity in men who want plastic surgery but don't want the result to convey that plastic surgery has taken place. It's like getting your teeth whitened... but "not too much, don't want to look ridiculous." Or that comb-in hair dye that is supposed to help graying-haired men get just a small % of the brown mixed back in with the gray.

At 44 and still pretty good looking and not ready to consider anything yet, but in 10 years I might want to tighten up the beginnings of "turkey neck."

by Anonymousreply 108March 13, 2012 2:23 AM

Anyone had (know someone with) a hair transplant? How are your (their) results? I might go for one in a few years. Luckily, I have a balding pattern that does not lead to very extensive loss.

by Anonymousreply 109March 13, 2012 4:34 AM

That was horrifying, R96. Absolutely horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 110March 13, 2012 4:47 AM

[quote]"OP, why is it ok for women when done well, but it can't possibly be ok for men if done well? Why the double standard?"

A woman is desirable as long as she is fertile. Afterwards... not so much. Mid-forties without "work".

Men can remain fertile (desirable) as they age. Wealth, power, and social status are what make them desirable.

Those are laws of nature and they are hardwired into human brains.

by Anonymousreply 111March 13, 2012 4:49 AM

Have you bitches seen Kenny Rogers lately? He's almost unrecognizable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 13, 2012 7:54 AM

Harrison Ford's work is pretty good, Pacino's look is better now that it's relaxed.

by Anonymousreply 113March 13, 2012 9:49 AM

@R109

Yeah, I had a transplant. Went to a good doctor (Armani) and paid over 10 grand, but it didn't take - a scrubby unnatural result which even doused with scalp make-up wouldn't pass muster in full sunlight. I will say, it wasn't his fault, he was really professional - just the luck of the draw. I wear a piece now, which I am pretty happy with.

by Anonymousreply 114March 13, 2012 12:15 PM

Thanks for the answer, r114. That makes me sad to hear and goes along way in making me reconsider the surgery myself.

by Anonymousreply 115March 13, 2012 2:34 PM

Kenny looks better than he did a few years ago. It's still a bad eye job, but at least it's settled some.

by Anonymousreply 116March 13, 2012 2:59 PM

He had at least one corrective surgery, R116. I actually think it was two, and it seems to have helped some. The initial surgery was a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 117March 13, 2012 3:04 PM

My husband had a hair transplant approximately 8 years ago; it didn't take. I suspect that, as with most cosmetic procedures, the state of the art is simply not good enough to justify the costs.

by Anonymousreply 118March 13, 2012 3:09 PM

A friend of mine had a hair transplant a few months ago and it seems to be growing in nicely. Seeing his results makes me consider it for myself. My only hesitation is that my father had one and not only did it not take, but it left his scalp such a mess that he ended up having to get a hair club for men type weave. Granted, this was 30+ years ago and methods have changed, but if it didn't work for my own father, I'm skeptical it would work for me.

by Anonymousreply 119March 13, 2012 3:16 PM

[quote](Michael Jackson suffered from the same problem with the infamous Arnie Klein.)

Arnie did the skin bleaching, and wrote the pill prescriptions. Steve Hoefflin is responsible for Jackson's mess of a face.

by Anonymousreply 120March 13, 2012 3:47 PM

Steve Hoefflin also did a lot of Ivana Trump's work.

by Anonymousreply 121March 13, 2012 3:54 PM

Isn't hair replication on the horizon using stem cells?

by Anonymousreply 122March 13, 2012 3:56 PM

Are any of you asking about hair transplants on propecia? Most doctors will tell you to take it even after a transplant to keep the crown stable.

by Anonymousreply 123March 13, 2012 3:57 PM

exactly r123, it's not like male pattern baldness stops after a transplant, and Propecia won't stave off continued recession forever (and messes with hormones quite powerfully with potential side effects). In 20 years, in addition to grandmas with tramp stamps, will South Florida also be filled with bald men with weird strings of hair coming out of their foreheads like unicorns?

by Anonymousreply 124March 13, 2012 4:04 PM

I would seriously advise any guy who is bothered by hairloss to look at a hair piece rather than a transplant. If you hate it, you toss it in the trash and buzz your head. You've lost a few hundred dollars and in a couple of months you are back where you started. With a transplant, you're paying a fortune, and honestly even if you are reasonably lucky, really good cosmetic results which last the distance are few and far between. If you are unlucky like me, you end up shaving off 12 grand's worth of transplants, your scalp is irretrievably marked, and you're wearing a piece anyway. That hurt.

Hairpieces nowadays are very different from the old concept of the rug that you see on movies. They are delicate, breathable, lightweight - you forget you have them on, and you can get a good quality one for less than $300 on the Net.

by Anonymousreply 125March 13, 2012 4:10 PM

Propecia does work, and in most cases, the sides are very exaggerated especially on the net.

by Anonymousreply 126March 13, 2012 4:30 PM

I had 3 hair transplants (one is not enough to get a "full" looking head of hair) in my late 40's because I was receding in the front and didn't want to wait until I had lost too much hair so it would look obvious that I had a transplant. Went to Bosley, pleased with the results. Would like to have more grafts for an even fuller look but don't want the back of my head carved up anymore. I'm waiting for the future stem cell replication of hair they are currently working on.

by Anonymousreply 127March 13, 2012 4:43 PM

As I approached 50 I didn't like how tired my eyes were making me look. I went to a board certified plastic surgeon who was also an opthamologist and only did eyes. He told me he tended to be conservative with his procedures which is what I wanted. I told him I didn't want to look like Kenny Rogers.

Turned out great, no one noticed anything different, just made me look refreshed. Removed the fat under the eyes and took out the excess skin above the eyes.

Before I turn 60 I'm going to have a mini facelift. I think I'm leaning towards the quick-life which I think is superior to the Lifestyle Lift which is advertised on tv all the time. Just make sure you find the right surgeon. I see nothing wrong with cosmetic surgy if done correctly.

I've been getting Dysport in my forehead for about 3 years now. When I first got it I wasnt sure I could afford $1000 a year for a "vanity". When it wears off and the lines in my forehead reappear I quickly decided I wouldn't be without it. Once again, be sure you go to the right surgeon and don't get too much too completely freeze your forehead and get that Marcia Cross look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 13, 2012 4:56 PM

That quicklift seems to be more about make up and light tricks than actual results. The men do not look improved for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 129March 13, 2012 5:07 PM

R129 - RE the Quick Lift

Lesbian here, I was at a plastic surgeons office yesterday to talk to him about a scar I have on my shoulder from an accident. However he is more of a facial plastic surgeon so of course I inquired about a low lift/mid lift since I had his ear.

What surprised me is, most doctors don't do this to patients now until their 50's. I know I don't need one now, I'm mid thirties, and he told me I was a good 10 years away from needing anything. But what struck me as odd (and also part of the problem) is he said that they always try to hold off on invasive procedures as long as possible. Instead, they prefer to treat sag with non invasive procedures - adding volume via fillers etc. The new thing in his office is called "wow cheeks" which is meant to give volume to the face by using fillers. I think he even coined the term.

This is why so many women have these fillered faces - which I think looks odd. Doctors no longer prefer going the actual invasive procedure route - and are pushing fillers instead.

I think this is part of the problem. A well done MACS lift, or even a mid/lower lift combined with a subtle brow lift will look so much better then being blown up with fillers.

Anyway it just surprised me, he's one of the TOP facial plastic surgeons in NYC, and to think he's pushing his new "wow cheeks" on women, that by looking at their pics, could benefit from a mid lift or lower lift - well I just think it says a lot about the industry in general and where it's heading - filler land.

It's less risky for a surgeon to inject fillers, than to slice open a face, but the results are so warped and unnatural looking.

by Anonymousreply 130March 13, 2012 5:27 PM

R128, the lifestyle lift has gotten some pretty mixed reviews (check out the makemeheal forum) The are even banned on the forum from using the word "lifestyle lift) because the company was planning to sue for defamation.

Anyway, glad you had good results from your procedure. I really well done invasive procedure, such as what you had, looks so much more natural than fillers.

Check out lower or mid lifts combined with brow lifts - they all have different names for them it seams, but some of them look very good.

by Anonymousreply 131March 13, 2012 5:37 PM

R101, much of what you say is true, I suppose, but it is also true that people are judged for how they communicate, and your English skills are - well, they need a lift.

by Anonymousreply 132March 13, 2012 6:21 PM

I can say with all honesty that I know that I have excelled farther in life due to my looks.

I embrace it. I don't get it. Really. But I am appreciative of it.

And while moderately superficial, I really like all people.

This is why I don't think I can understand the need for plastic surgery. I think I'm going to get better with age (that is, until I'm in my 70s and then if the bf is dead (hope not), I'll just hire good looking guys when I want sex, and if not in a relationship)

A huge turn off for me is a plastic looking guy whose face can't move. What experience can he offer?

by Anonymousreply 133March 14, 2012 12:23 AM

I have the droopy eyelid thing (ptosis) and my eye doctor says I may have to have the surgery before long. I'm afraid, though, of having the "startled" look. Anybody had this ?

by Anonymousreply 134March 14, 2012 12:34 AM

r122, maybe. I'm following a biotech company called Replicel that will release results on a phase 1 trial next month - if it's good news I'll bump this thread or start a new one.

I've logged hours looking into transplants (which would be a few years down the road for me if I go for it) and have found the hair transplant industry to be one of the most unregulated medical areas going - all that is needed to preform surgery is an MD, there is no special training like other fields. On top of that, the information available online can easily be corrupted. For example, evidence of r114's surgeon being "great" is immediately available with a google search, but it's only because he is known for suing those with negative results who go public - that is a sad reality to discover.

Tl;dr - Hair transplants can be shady, be careful when considering them.

by Anonymousreply 135March 14, 2012 1:37 AM

I agree with whoever said you need to start in your 40s and do little things here and there. Otherwise your skin elasticity changes and you get that "burn victim in a wind tunnel" look. A friend of mine went overboard on the peel route and where he used to be rather swarthy, he now has onion skin on his face. Practically translucent, paper thin.

I was doing some PR consulting work back in the 80s with a plastic surgeon who would leave Town & Country around his office with the celebrity names he'd worked on helpfully highlighted.

Then he did Eddie Fisher's facelift. It was a disaster, leaving Fisher looking distinctly Asian.

No PR could help him after that. His work was walking around being photographed. People were horrified. I was horrified.

Yeah, don't do it, unless you're prepared to spend a lot of money to go subtle.

by Anonymousreply 136March 14, 2012 2:04 AM

Steve Hoefflin's Wiki page is something else!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 14, 2012 2:43 AM

Eileen Davidson is an example of someone who's managed to do plastic surgery RIGHT. She's clearly had work done, but it's hard to believe she's 52. Actually, with the exception of Frozen Face Bregman and Muppet Face Walton, the women of Y&R, even when they overdo it a tad (Judith Chapman), look good for their respective ages.

by Anonymousreply 138March 14, 2012 3:25 AM

R137, that's like a who's who list of bad plastic surgery! lol

by Anonymousreply 139March 14, 2012 3:37 AM

Another example of getting plastic surgery done right is Lynda Carter. She's 60 and looks unbelieveable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140March 14, 2012 3:42 AM

Plastic surgery on men is always noticeable - those who highlighted Tom Cruise as a success story must be blind. He looks awful because nobody thinks of him as "young" - we all know he is about 50 and he should be going after those roles.

Yes, Mission Impossible was a hit, (after how many flops)but he cannot do that film forever, though I am sure he will try. He should be moving onto more mature roles. Why can't men be more like Anderson Cooper, who looks terrific because he is aging naturally and has not had any work done.

by Anonymousreply 141March 14, 2012 3:44 AM

Cruise's career was crushed by his craziness, not his looks.

by Anonymousreply 142March 14, 2012 3:57 AM

We just met with the surgeon who will probably give us an SMAS lift - which he said would take 3 to 4 hours - and one of the anesthesia drugs will be Propofol! We tried Botox but do not like the 'startled look' it gives and we have no interest in fillers. We are expecting 'twilight sleep, not general anesthetic. He is cute, 50, and about 7 feet tall.

(We know what you are thinking!)

by Anonymousreply 143March 14, 2012 8:28 PM

I'm black.

I'll be 30 in June and get mistaken for 23-24 all the time.

My dad is 54 and he looks about 38.

For all the crap black people have to go through in this world, the genetics more than make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 144March 14, 2012 8:43 PM

Will you report back after the procedure, MPC? I'd be interested to see how you like the results.

by Anonymousreply 145March 14, 2012 8:44 PM

We shall, Miss r45. What we like about this surgeon is he would rather under-correct than over-correct. He is of course in Europe and says that when he attends conferences with USA surgeons there is always the feeling that the americans over-correct while the europeans under-correct. We have seen photos of his work and are satisfied that the results are very natural/normal looking.

by Anonymousreply 146March 14, 2012 9:37 PM

Good luck with everything MPC and report back with your results.

Since you're going all the way to Europe for surgery I assume you already consulted with Dr. Sam Rizk in NYC? He's probably one of the best facial plastic surgeons in the world, specializing in face lifts and rhinoplasty. He also does do something called a scarless lift. He actually created the procedure. But he does numerous different types of lifts.

He worked on Demi more several years ago when she came back to Hollywood from Idaho. His work is amazing.

He doesn't come cheap though - I believe he charges around 25-35K just for a mid lift, and probably around 20K for a nose job. But damn, his work is amazing.

If I ever take the plunge and get any lifting done to my face when I hit my 40's - I am going right to him. There is no need to mess around with docs when it comes to your face, and I am not surprised you are traveling that far for the doctor you selected to do the procedure.

by Anonymousreply 147March 14, 2012 10:28 PM

Is there a hair loss thread anywhere on here? Couldn't find it. Anyway, does anyone out there take Avodart for balding? Stories? Experience?

by Anonymousreply 148April 3, 2012 12:00 AM

Gross. They all look like monsters or middle aged women/lesbians:

Kenny Rogers Sylvester Stallone Mickey Rourke Bruce Jenner Wayne Newton Clay Aiken

to name a few

by Anonymousreply 149April 3, 2012 7:32 AM

But look at the good facelift reults:

homosexual tinymeat Brad Pitt,

homosexual Harrison Ford,

billionaire larry ellison

Tammy Cruise,

who else?

by Anonymousreply 150April 3, 2012 2:12 PM

[quote]I don't get it. ...I think at times it works on women

Perhaps that's because you're a misandrist, mouth breathing sow with daddy issues who blames anyone with a penis for all your miserable life failures.

Just a hunch but I'm guessing it's more true than not.

by Anonymousreply 151April 3, 2012 2:20 PM

by Anonymousreply 152April 5, 2012 2:04 AM

I'm approaching 45, and think about it all the time , but then I turn on "Selling L.A.", or "Real HW Of Bev. Hills", or see a guy in WeHo , and how scary they look, and cancel my appt. So afraid of getting the 'Madame' /puppet look (Micky Rourke) , or the 'Asian' Richard Chamberlain look (So handsome, before the work), or the 'frozen face' look that Stallone has, or the 'surprise' look, of Kenny Rodgers, or Wayne Newton. I look good, for my age, and masculine, in a Clooney way, and afraid 'work' will femme me up. So for now, I'll Clooney it, and live with a few crows feet. Unless someone here can talk me into it ?

by Anonymousreply 153April 5, 2012 3:30 AM

Stay lined, and natural. Otherwise , if you start now, by the time your 50, you'll be ruined.

by Anonymousreply 154April 5, 2012 4:09 AM

How much plastic surgery was done on her:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 5, 2012 4:14 AM

Paul Walker had a nice nose job after he was in She's All That. Very nice.

by Anonymousreply 156April 5, 2012 4:19 AM

155 Are you on Ambien ? I don't get your link

by Anonymousreply 157April 5, 2012 4:21 AM

Oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 5, 2012 4:34 AM

[quote] I assume you already consulted with Dr. Sam Rizk in NYC? He's probably one of the best facial plastic surgeons in the world

Er, if you say so. I looked at his website before/afters and IMHO the work looked average to awful. Maybe it was the photographer.

Finding a great surgeon is a challenge: they need not just the skills but artistry. Some of the first, but only a leper's handful have the second.

The one I chose is obsessional with underlying musculature. As well as his sensitivity, that's what makes his work so aesthetically good. It's not just superficial pullups.

by Anonymousreply 159April 5, 2012 4:36 AM

Can you post pre & post pics of Walker's nose ?

Alot of these young guys have done it, successfully. Check pre/post pics of Zack Efron, & Ryan Gosling.

by Anonymousreply 160April 5, 2012 4:37 AM

Speaking of noses, Has anyone noticed how many nose jobs Dwayne Johnson the "Rock" has had done? Bundles.

by Anonymousreply 161April 5, 2012 4:38 AM

Who is your surgeon R159?

by Anonymousreply 162April 5, 2012 4:42 AM

Who is he R159?

by Anonymousreply 163April 5, 2012 4:54 AM

Paul Walkers befores, just click the pics and you will get a bigger pic of it. BTW in one of those pics sitting next to him in the graduation outfit is Lil Kim, who has had tons of plastic surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 5, 2012 5:13 AM

Paul Walker another before, just click the pic to see it bigger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 5, 2012 5:14 AM

And After for Paul Walker...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166April 5, 2012 5:18 AM

Took away that pug look, and refined it, making him much more leading man material-less 'jock'

by Anonymousreply 167April 5, 2012 6:25 AM

wow re Paul Walker. Great subtle one.

Most men look like hell with FACE LIFTS.

by Anonymousreply 168April 5, 2012 12:50 PM

White peoples' skins crack... they can look like a shar pei at the age of 45 years! They will never compare to Black skin, lololol

by Anonymousreply 169April 5, 2012 1:35 PM

What surgery did Paul Walker have?

Is Paul a homosexual? He looks it.

We are having an SMAS lift on November 8.

Discuss!

by Anonymousreply 170July 16, 2012 6:49 PM

If someone is interested in a subtle lifting of the neck, jowls, eye area, I would suggest getting Thermage CPT. I had it done recently, and I am extremely pleased with the results. One doesn't look "done," and the improvements continue for up to a year after the procedure. It is also virtually pain free.

Fillers (especially in the cheek and jowl area) and face lifts definitely give the face a more feminine look; however, in the hands of a true artist, Botox can give a man a refreshed look, like they just spent a week at a spa.

Be careful with deep laser peels. It is really hit or miss depending on the doctor performing the treatment and the degree of pigmentation in the skin.

by Anonymousreply 171July 16, 2012 11:31 PM

So Sam rizky is really good? I have deviated septum and am thinking of having it fixed along with rhino if he thinks it's good for me...

by Anonymousreply 172July 17, 2012 2:30 AM

I heard Kathy Griffin talking about her surgery years ago and getting freaked out to find out they remove your ears completely when doing a facelift. I find myself checking out that area when I see pics of facial work.

I see bad ear replacement on most of the older guys in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 173July 17, 2012 1:10 PM

I was in the audience at the Renberg when she said she came out of anesthesia and saw her ears on the tray.

I never heard a gay audience go sooo quiet.

by Anonymousreply 174July 17, 2012 1:29 PM

You know, it's not just the surgery - it's also the bad hair (Wayne Newton and that Mercado person), tranny eyebrows plucked and sculpted, and the lip fillers which create the more feminine appearance.

Jenner with a better hair cut and eyebrows done by someone other than Debbie Reynolds would look a lot better. And, I'm with others - why haven't those Kardashian sluts said something to him.

by Anonymousreply 175July 17, 2012 1:40 PM

The lesson from these photos?

Don't compound the problem by getting your hair "done" like a sassy 50-year old housewife.

by Anonymousreply 176July 17, 2012 2:50 PM

I am feeling guilty because I lied to a friend who had his eyes done and told him that it looks great. Really I think he looks feminized and kind of 'pulled'. He's 50. If you're male and 50, slight bags/crow's feet look fine. No, you don't look 25 anymore ... because you're not.

I think if you're considering any kind of plastic surgery, get a good friend to give an honest assessment. You are probably magnifying in your head slight issues (not 'flaws') that are probably very minor.

by Anonymousreply 177July 17, 2012 2:59 PM

R171 Thermage is like hypnotism. You BELIEVE you look better but in reality it does fuck all to your skin.

by Anonymousreply 178July 17, 2012 3:08 PM

How about just staying away from alcohol, smoking and sugar?

So we get wrinkles? So what?

At least if we stay away from those three things our skin in general will look younger. yes, we'll have wrinkles, but they won't override our general appearance.

by Anonymousreply 179July 17, 2012 3:19 PM

[quote]We are having an SMAS lift on November 8.

Finally, you will edge closer to you dream of looking like an anorexic Mae West!

by Anonymousreply 180July 17, 2012 3:47 PM

"it does fuck all to your skin"

I'm not sure what this means.

by Anonymousreply 181July 17, 2012 10:10 PM

R181 it means that anyone getting this bogus procedure has fallen victim to a scam. Saying 'fuck all' means it does absolutely nothing but convince you that you look 'slightly better' You do not. You look just and old and worn as before you spend all your money on this snake oil.

by Anonymousreply 182July 19, 2012 4:58 PM

I am generally against men having plastic surgery on the face, but some of those TV Plastic Surgery Before and After shows make a case for a few, limited surgeries:

1. Removal of the bags (from fat) under the eyes

2. Neck tightening and removing the fat under the chin to recreate some definition to the jawline

by Anonymousreply 183July 19, 2012 5:31 PM

"k tightening and removing the fat under the chin to recreate some definition to the jawline"

that is a sure fire way of turning them into scary lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 184July 19, 2012 5:38 PM

Homosexual tinymeat Brad Pitt and also Tammy Cruise have both had excellent facelifts. Same for Alec Baldwin. Who else?

And yes, they HAVE -nobody has a neck/jawline like that past 50 without a lift.

by Anonymousreply 185July 19, 2012 8:32 PM

R130, it's actually quite common nowadays for cosmetic surgeons to recommend fillers as an alternative to surgery. They can achieve the same effect at a far lower price, in many cases, and there's also minimal risk since fillers are not permanent. Yes, there are plenty of people who go *way* overboard with Botox and fillers, but much like good surgery itself, you don't notice the subtle jobs (in fillers or surgery) because it's been done so well from the onset.

Although I detest MPC, and wonder why she's getting her face done instead of the much-needed vaginal rejuvenation, she is correct that Pitt, Cruise and Baldwin have almost certainly all had jawline work. On top of that, Pitt has had more chemical peels than just about anyone I can recall encountering. His face was formerly replete with VERY deep acne pock marks throughout, but today looks flawless.

by Anonymousreply 186July 19, 2012 8:41 PM

Thanks to this thread for inspiring me to schedule appointments with 2 plastic surgeons. Excited!

by Anonymousreply 187July 20, 2012 10:30 PM

Is the SMAS always stitched up good and permament?

regular stitches or disolving?

if there was a previous lift, what about scar tissue on the SMAS?

by Anonymousreply 188July 21, 2012 10:20 AM

Well it's genuinely sad, looks like he's fully puffed & ready to serve along side the turkey dinner, just spread some butter on top...but no one wants to eat him :(

by Anonymousreply 189July 23, 2012 5:46 AM

Who did you chose r159?

by Anonymousreply 190July 23, 2012 5:58 AM

Denis Leary was sporting recent plastic surgery in "The Amazing Spider-Man" and he looked awful--inhuman and unnatural.

Men should not get plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 191July 23, 2012 6:04 AM

Michael cane looks good in batman. I wonder who his plastic surgeon is. So does Michael Douglas.

by Anonymousreply 192July 23, 2012 6:09 AM

LOL @ the poster who said they remove your ears during a facelift! No they don't!

by Anonymousreply 193July 23, 2012 6:19 AM

When it's done well, i.e., Tom Cruise, you can't tell at all. When it's done badly, i.e., Mickey Rourke, you can't not tell. I'm getting a little jowly and the jawline is starting to go. My face is melting into my neck as we speak. Nurse!

by Anonymousreply 194July 23, 2012 11:33 PM

Do you really think Tammy and Brad Pitt have had face lifts all ready?

by Anonymousreply 195July 23, 2012 11:50 PM

Recommend good plastic surgeons bitches!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 196July 23, 2012 11:52 PM

Has Ralph Macchio had work? Hard to believe he's 51, but he looks very natural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 24, 2012 2:04 AM

Looks like they almost took the ear off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 24, 2012 2:58 AM

r25 I told him about this great new thing!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199July 24, 2012 4:54 AM

[quote]"neck tightening and removing the fat under the chin to recreate some definition to the jawline"

[quote]that is a sure fire way of turning them into scary lesbians.

How is that a sure fire way of turning them into scary lesbians? I was under the impression that this procedure specifically didn't have the risk of obvious and altering (in a bad way - no offense, scary lesbians...I like you just fine) results. Basically, I need reassurance that getting rid of excess fat and drooping skin from the jaw area is advisable for men.

by Anonymousreply 200July 24, 2012 5:05 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 201July 19, 2013 5:17 AM

I'm getting a gynecomastia surgery. Tired of looking at my chest.

by Anonymousreply 202December 29, 2014 6:02 AM

I think people who get plastic surgery for vain reasons are filled with a deep sadness that will eventually destroy their soul. Funny how tattoos are poo pooed by most people on here, but getting your body parts cut up and mutilated and then sewn back up is perfectly acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 203December 29, 2014 6:29 AM

Robert Downey Jr has had a recent facelift yet nobody dares to mention it.

by Anonymousreply 204May 1, 2015 9:22 PM

mens plastic surgery (unless its minor/subtle) always looks horrible because in comparison women can wear make up to cover/even it all out.

by Anonymousreply 205May 1, 2015 9:26 PM

One example of amazing plastic surgery on a man was that of dancer Donald O'Connor.

He was looking about 15 years older than his age by the late 1970's, thanks to his 20+ year battle with alcoholism. He got sober, and about 10-12 years later had an excellent facelift -- maybe just an eye job, which got rid of those deep dark bags and circles under his eyes, along with the heavy drooping eyelids.

Here's a photo of him circa 1980-1981, pre facelift:

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/american-actress-elizabeth-mcgovern-dancing-with-american-news-photo/158744210?adppopup=true

by Anonymousreply 206June 28, 2019 9:40 PM

And here he is 15 years later, looking 10 years younger than he did in 1981.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/donald-oconnor-during-american-ireland-fund-gala-dinner-at-news-photo/105274150?adppopup=true

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 28, 2019 9:42 PM

Shoot, screwed up the link in R206. Here he is pre-facelift:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 28, 2019 9:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!