Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Occupy Movement -- Trying to occupy and take over other protests

UC students planning a rally at the California Capitol tomorrow have had to issue a statement asking them to butt out.

[quote]In the run-up to Monday's rally, two groups, Refund California and Occupy Education California, have issued press releases and given interviews about their plans to "Occupy the Capitol."

[quote]But Miles Nevin, executive director of the California State Student Association, says those two groups have "nothing to do with this event."

[quote]"We are majorly losing the media battle. They are trying to take over our event," Nevin said. Nevin's group is rallying with the Student Senate for California Community Colleges and the University of California Student Association.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2012

bump for ows!

by Anonymousreply 103/05/2012

Hah! Somebody actually noticed the post. I have a day off tomorrow and I'm thinking of going downtown to the rally. I'm a UC alumnus and a nosey people watcher. It could be a nice day finished off with lunch and a matinee. Gavin Newsome is speaking. Regardless of what you think of him, it may prove to be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.