Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Boycott Limbaugh Sponsors and Advertisers!

Clear Channel Communications (parent company of Premiere Radio Networks, Inc.) 200 Basse Road San Antonio TX 78209 Phone 1-210-822-2828

Lowry Mays, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Mark Mays President and Chief Operating Officer

Randall Mays, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer

Lisa Dollinger, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communication Public Relations

Quicken Loans - confirmed sponsor 1050 Woodward Avenue Detroit, MI 48226 Client Relations - (800) 863-4332 and: (800) 251-9080 also: you can chat online

Century 21 Real Estate LLC - confirmed sponsor International Headquarters 1 Campus Drive Parsippany, NJ 07054 Web contact form

ProFlowers Email Web contact form Sales or Service: 1-800-580-2913 Phone: 800.580.2913

eharmony 300 N. Lake Ave., Suite 1111 Pasadena, CA 91101 Web contact form Email 626.795.4814 FAX 626.585.4040

CARBONITE, Inc. 617-587-1100 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 Direct Dial Office: 617-587-1100 EXT:1115

Sleep Number Bed Select Comfort Corporation - confirmed and long-time advertiser 6105 Trenton Lane N Minneapolis, MN 55442 Phone: 763-551-7000 Fax: 763-551-7826 800-438-2233

Oreck Upright Vacuum Cleaners Oreck Corporation 100 Plantation Road New Orleans, Louisiana 70123 Online contact form 800-289-5888

Mid-West Life Insurance Company of Tennessee 9151 Grapevine Hwy. North Richland Hills, TX 76180 Phone (800) 733-1110 (web banner ads on

AutoZone Inc. 901-495-7185; Fax: 901-495-8374 P.O. Box 2198, Memphis, TN 38101 - confirmed and long-time advertiser 800-773-0888; Fax: 323-962-8300 Site has a Web Form

Citrix Online (GoToMyPC) 6500 Hollister Avenue, Goleta, CA 93117 Phone: 805-690-6400; Fax: 805-690-6471

American Forces Network Contact Us:

Mission Pharmacal Company 10999 IH-10 West Suite 1000 P.O. Box 786099 San Antonio, TX 78278-6099 Telephone: (800) 531-3333 Bennett Kennedy - Citracal Product Manager

Life Quotes, Inc. 32045 Castle Court Evergreen, CO 80439 1-800-670-5433

by Anonymousreply 15204/07/2012

I think we should do an all out assault on Rush. Boycott any advertiser who sponsors him!

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2012

For starters r1 send the list to everyone you know and post it to anywhere you can. Just keep sending and posting, over and over again. It must be all over the internets.

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2012

thanks for listing them all!!

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2012

I'm curious as to what OMM thinks of his views. Do they agree?

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2012

A good start, but if you want to hurt him, you have to go local.

His show's strength is that its carried by a huge number of local AM stations. Go after THEIR advertisers and make it uncomfortable for them to carry it. If they start dropping him because they can't sell ads during his show then his house of cards collapses.

If it becomes a problem for the Ace Hardware in Salina, Kansas or the Ford dealer in Aurora, Nebraska to advertise then you've accomplished something. Those small business owners have never been confronted about their advertising on his show. And if there's one thing small business people hate it's being part of a controversy.

I wish there were stickers I could order that say "This Business Supports Hate Speech. Boycott This Business for Advertising on the Rush Limbaugh Show." Can imagine how those small business owners would shit if those appeared on their front doors?

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2012

If I'm not mistaken, Quicken Loans has already announced they're pulling their ads.

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2012

SEVERAL of the companies OP lists have already announced that they will no longer advertise on Rush's show. It's stupid to waste time contacting a company that has already pulled its ads.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2012

So has Sleep Number. It's happening.

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2012

eHarmony?! - are you kidding me? Are we to believe a dating services does not cater to individuals who use birth control methods and don't have sex before marriage? lol

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2012

We already know eHarmony discriminates against gays and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2012

eHarmony is a Christian dating service. Their members are virgins until marriage!

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2012

He makes to much money and ratings to get affected by all this boycott nonsense. Just ignore the man, he says things to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2012

R12, the whole POINT of a boycott is a purposeful "ignoring", ... in a way that actually gets results.

This guy should have never been on the air in the first place, and the best thing that could ever happen to this country is for him to lose his job, his show, and for everyone in the country to just ignore him from now on.

Hopefully he'll follow Brietbart into the great beyond soon.

He's pure evil.

by Anonymousreply 1303/03/2012

R12, until that day comes he's not going anywhere because of his ratings. He makes alot of money for his station. Until, he passes on just ignore him because he's going to continue doing what he does and that's make "shocking" statements.

by Anonymousreply 1403/03/2012

A friend of mine just got canned from his longtime local radio show on a Clear Channel station. They need the money to pay Rush's salary.

by Anonymousreply 1503/03/2012

His ratings aren't all that great and they've been sinking for years, but since he's become the official voice of the Republican party on radio he still retains a lot of political power that they don't dare mess with, at least until the election season is over. Besides, saying grossly offensive and untrue things has always been his stock in trade and his listeners would be outraged if he was suspended or forced to take back what he said. So they have to all play along with the illusion that he's a genius who can do no wrong, though it's increasingly clear that he and the dittoheads have become liabilities.

by Anonymousreply 1603/03/2012

I would LOVE to see what happened to Glenn Beck happen to Rush Limbaugh

by Anonymousreply 1703/03/2012

A Message from Carbonite CEO, David Friend Regarding Ads on Limbaugh

March 02, 2012

UPDATE A Statement from David Friend, CEO of Carbonite as of 6:45pm ET, March 3:

“No one with daughters the age of Sandra Fluke, and I have two, could possibly abide the insult and abuse heaped upon this courageous and well-intentioned young lady. Mr. Limbaugh, with his highly personal attacks on Miss Fluke, overstepped any reasonable bounds of decency. Even though Mr. Limbaugh has now issued an apology, we have nonetheless decided to withdraw our advertising from his show. We hope that our action, along with the other advertisers who have already withdrawn their ads, will ultimately contribute to a more civilized public discourse.”

Original post: Over the past two days we have received a tremendous amount of feedback on Rush Limbaugh’s recent comments. I too am offended and very concerned about his comments. Limbaugh’s remarks have us rethinking our future use of talk radio.

We use more than 40 talk show hosts to help get the Carbonite message out to the public. The nature of talk radio is that from time to time listeners are offended by a host and ask that we pull our advertising. This goes for conservatives like Limbaugh and progressives like Stephanie Miller and Ed Shultz. We even get customers who demand that we pull the plug on NPR. As an advertiser, we do not have control over a show’s editorial content or what they say on air. Carbonite does not endorse the opinions of the shows or their hosts.

However, the outcry over Limbaugh is the worst we’ve ever seen. I have scheduled a face-to-face meeting next week with Limbaugh during which I will impress upon him that his comments were offensive to many of our customers and employees alike.

Please know your voice has been heard and that we are taking this matter very seriously.

Sincerely, David Friend

by Anonymousreply 1803/03/2012

From ThinkProgress:

So far, Sleep Number, The Sleep Train, Quicken Loans, Legal Zoom, Citrix and Carbonite have pulled ads from the program.

We have listened to our customers & have decided to cease our advertising on The Rush Limbaugh Show immediately.

Thanks to all of you for your concern and input. We are currently pulling all ads with Rush Limbaugh. (TheSleepTrain)

Recent comments by Rush Limbaugh do not align w/our values, so we made decision to immediately suspend all advertising on that program. (SleepNumber)

@moughthere As of today, LegalZoom has suspended all advertising on the Rush Limbaugh show.

Due to continued inflammatory comments– along w/valuable feedback from clients & team members– QL has suspended ads on Rush Limbaugh program (QuickenLoan)

eHarmony and ProFlowers say they don't directly advertise on Limbaugh's show, but may as part of "ad buys:"

@DCdebbie @ProFlowers DC, Rest assured, your feedback is heard. We heard about the comments and we will reevaluate our marketing plan. -Cori

@stonermc We’ve never paid for ads on Limbaugh show. We’re looking into the matter of “network buys” & will let you know what we discover. (eHarmony)

by Anonymousreply 1903/03/2012

I know this isn't going to be the end for this fat junkie, but at least it's a start.

by Anonymousreply 2003/03/2012

bumpy humpy

by Anonymousreply 2103/03/2012

BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the pressure. It's time we run this creep out of town.

by Anonymousreply 2203/03/2012

Typical supporter. So embarrassingly stupid and completely oblivious

Twitter: [quote]Tony M @Jiboney Christian, Husband x 1, Dad x 3 Raleigh, NC USA

[quote]Millions of us support @rushlimbaugh, free speech, & keeping the gov't out of our personal lives.

[quote]Homosexuality is found in over 450 species" REALLY - 1000's of species KILL so I guess that's okay. Support Kirk Cameron

by Anonymousreply 2303/03/2012

Just for those who might not believe - many years ago a local "wild bird company" (yes, they sell birdseed, etc for people who feed and encourage the local wildlife population) was a sponsorer of limbaugh - I called the owner, asked him to reassess his logic in sponsoring someone who makes jokes about "treehuggers" - that was the last day I heard ads for that company.

by Anonymousreply 2403/03/2012

Carbonite withdrew support, regardless of Limbaugh's apology:

[quote]A Statement from David Friend, CEO of Carbonite: “No one with daughters the age of Sandra Fluke, and I have two, could possibly abide the insult and abuse heaped upon this courageous and well-intentioned young lady. Mr. Limbaugh, with his highly personal attacks on Miss Fluke, overstepped any reasonable bounds of decency. Even though Mr. Limbaugh has now issued an apology, we have nonetheless decided to withdraw our advertising from his show. We hope that our action, along with the other advertisers who have already withdrawn their ads, will ultimately contribute to a more civilized public discourse.”

by Anonymousreply 2503/03/2012

Sorry, I didn't see r18.

by Anonymousreply 2603/03/2012

"I wish there were stickers I could order that say "This Business Supports Hate Speech. Boycott This Business for Advertising on the Rush Limbaugh Show." Can imagine how those small business owners would shit if those appeared on their front doors?"

This is very easy to do on your own computer and printer.

by Anonymousreply 2703/03/2012

Wow, hats off to Carbonite. That response is great.

by Anonymousreply 2803/03/2012

Straight guys should be the ones most up in arms about the attacks on prescription birth control benefits. With a girlfriend or wife on the pill or Norplant or with an IUD or diaphragm they can fuck them all they want without having to worry about getting them pregnant (since when properly used the prescription methods have a much lower failure rate than over the counter ones,) and even better without ever having to wear a rubber. Why would they support a plan that would take money out of their pocket (or their girlfriend's) just so politicians could score points with "values voters"?

by Anonymousreply 2903/03/2012

Boycott gold.

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2012

Quicken pulled sponsorship right away.

by Anonymousreply 3103/03/2012

If you ever listen to Rush's show... Which I hope you don' will notice what seems like only 2-3 minutes of talk followed by 5-6 minutes of commercials. So, this definitely hurts the show.

Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 3203/03/2012

Sad that it took this for the advertisers to pull out (no pun intended). As if his repugnant career wasn't enough incentive.

by Anonymousreply 3303/03/2012

what you are witnessing here is the results of the outraged from wives, daughters mothers and female shareholders behind the business scenes.

by Anonymousreply 3403/03/2012

I might have been in a coma lately. What did he do to us gay people?

by Anonymousreply 3503/03/2012

My only problem with Carbonite's action and comments are they mention Limbaugh's lack of decency and the hopes of more civilized discourse. Did they NOT listen to his show in the past? This was the first instance of Rush saying something nasty and inflammatory.

by Anonymousreply 3603/04/2012

Fucking Oreck. I had to return my brand new vacuum cleaner today because I did not know they sponsored hate radio.

Millions of sites on the internet and the only one that tracks companies is the worthless and self-serving HRC? Really, there's no reliable place to go and type in a product or company and have it tell you whether you're supporting companies that fund hate?

by Anonymousreply 3703/04/2012

Just as we pressure advertisers to withdraw from Limbaugh, we ought to let Carbonite and others know we appreciate them for standing up.

by Anonymousreply 3803/04/2012

[quote]Did they NOT listen to his show in the past?

Maybe not. I've bought radio, and you buy X spots during a given period of time. The salesman tells you that y will be during morning drive, z will be midday and so on. I used to buy ads on stations I had never listened to and couldn't find on the dial. I bought ads on Spanish language stations, and I didn't even know what their format was. I could have been advertising next to a Spanish show on overthrowing the US Government for all I knew (or cared).

I'm sure Carbonite had an agency, so they're even more removed from the process. The agency told them how many spots they were buying and how many listeners those spots would have.

CEO's are not sitting around listening to Rush on AM all day.

by Anonymousreply 3903/04/2012

eHarmony isn't a sponsor or advertiser. The address they listed is also very old.

by Anonymousreply 4003/04/2012

Advertisers don't listen. All they care about is how much they'll pay per thousand listeners to the most popular shows.

AirAmerica went under because they were on low-power stations, no one could hear them. Sponsors wouldn't sign on.

by Anonymousreply 4103/04/2012

I'm not TOO impressed... it's not like Rush has changed, or that this is anything new. It's not the first time he's crossed a line.

I mean, it's good that they're dropping, but how REAL is it? Will they quietly start advertising the moment this blows over?

I mean, why were they advertising with this asshole in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 4303/04/2012

[quote]AirAmerica went under because they were on low-power stations, no one could hear them.

That, and progressive minded people don't need a stream of daily propaganda. As they tend to be freethinkers, they don't need a daily dose of propaganda from the likes of the Koch Brothers or Karl Rove to be told what to "think."

Conservatives get a meth-like rush out of their daily hate-fests.

by Anonymousreply 4403/04/2012

7th advertiser pulls out of Limbaugh's show

[quote]ProFlowers said Sunday on its Facebook page that it has suspended advertising on Limbaugh's program because his comments about Georgetown University student Sandra Fluke "went beyond political discourse to a personal attack and do not reflect our values as a company."

by Anonymousreply 4503/04/2012

[quote]"went beyond political discourse to a personal attack and do not reflect our values as a company."

The excuses for pulling out are just as stupid as the fact that they advertised with him at all.

Political discourse? Oh yes, referring to the president as a "halfrican" was what would be considered political discourse rather than the bigoted ramblings of a druggie fat fuck.

Fuck you, proflowers... and all of the rest who advertised with him in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 4603/04/2012

OP, sweetie, you do realize Clear Channel was founded by conservatives in order to eliminate liberal voices from radio; and that Mitt Romney's Bain Capital Corp. now owns it? Good luck with your campaign, but it seems a little naive.

by Anonymousreply 4703/04/2012

Keep fucking that chicken, R42. False equivalence at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 4803/04/2012

Rush has now been dropped by 11 of the local stations that carry him.

Make sure you contact his local advertisers and boycott.

If enough stations drop him, he gets dropped. This campaign is showing itself to have legs.

by Anonymousreply 4903/04/2012

Too bad your father didn't, R50

by Anonymousreply 5103/04/2012

R50, you're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 5203/04/2012

[quote]And are you also going to complain to HBO about Bill Maher's consistently calling Sarah Palin a cunt? The viciousness is far worse on the left than on the right.

I can't object because Sarah Palin truly is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5303/04/2012

I concur, R53. And so is anyone who supports her.

by Anonymousreply 5403/04/2012

I boycott R55's foul manpussy.

by Anonymousreply 5603/05/2012

Keep fucking that chicken, R55.

by Anonymousreply 5703/05/2012

I have a friend who works at Premiere. I'll ask him what the consensus is over there.

by Anonymousreply 5803/05/2012

How do we find out who advertizes on the local channels?

I don't even know if he's carried locally.

by Anonymousreply 5903/05/2012

R59 You can just click on the link to see what stations Rush's show airs on in your market. Then call or email the station directly. You can also contact Premiere Radio Networks in Sherman Oaks, CA. They are the syndicator of his show and broadcast his show throughout the US. Premiere is owned by Clear Channel.

by Anonymousreply 6003/05/2012

One more thing: If Rush get's dumped from the major markets - LA, NYC, Chicago, SF, Dallas, etc, his show is over. The major markets bring in the most advertising revenue. No advertising, no show.

Rush cannot have a syndicated radio show broadcast throughout the US without the major markets. Period.

I've been in the biz for many years, radio stations do not want the headache of having to deal with consumer complaints.

Radio loves Rush because he brings the cash, but if he can't draw an audience - no ratings - no advertising dollars - no show.

For those DL'ers in the major cities, start calling your radio stations that carry him!

by Anonymousreply 6103/05/2012

R60 don't give that website any more clicks! I saw a news item about his "apology" last night and was horrified when the site took me to HIS PAGE and his apology. Fuckers. The last thing I'd ever want to do is generate traffic to that asshole's site.

by Anonymousreply 6203/05/2012

R61 I live in LA and he's on KFI and sadly I doubt they'd dump him. Many people in LA hate him but the station reaches well into the Inland Empire, Orange County, Antelope Valley and other Rethug outposts that will still support him.

by Anonymousreply 6303/05/2012

R63 I'm in LA as well. KFI will dump him if he can't generate the advertising dollars. Even though he may reach the Inland Empire, etc., L.A. is still a more important market.

I've programmed in L.A. and I've had to replace many talent who couldn't generate ratings and revenue.

It's all about the bottom line.

by Anonymousreply 6403/05/2012

Important Point: Whenever there is consumer or organizational complaints, depending upon the offense, the FCC could get involved. No radio station wants the FCC to get involved because it could mean hefty fines for the owners of that station and the possibility of the owners losing control of that station altogether.

by Anonymousreply 6503/05/2012

Hopefully he does not pick up new advertisers to make up for the ones he lost.

Limbaugh is an important part of the Republican propaganda machine so they either have to keep him on air or find a replacement.

It's going to be interesting to see if some of these corporations and businesses run by right-wingers will become his advertisers to keep him going

No matter what I'm sure they will try to make a martyr out of him.

by Anonymousreply 6603/05/2012

Now if we could just get rid of Sean Hannity!

by Anonymousreply 6703/05/2012

He stepped way over the line and MUST be fired!

by Anonymousreply 6803/05/2012

That happened to me too, R62. I saw the story on Drudge yesterday and it took me to a regular newspaper article. Went back later and Drudge had changed the link to Limbaugh's own website -- ugh!

by Anonymousreply 6903/05/2012

You all understand that Rush (and Hannity and Beck) all work for Clear Channel, and you do know who owns Clear Channel, right?

Bain Capital--Romney's old investment company!

So, how do we hang this on Mitt?

by Anonymousreply 7003/05/2012

I listen to radio in my car, and in all of these years I have never heard an eHarmony radio ad. Anyone else chuckling that eHarmony crunched the demographics and zeroed in on RL's show?

by Anonymousreply 7103/05/2012

A Challenge to Rush: Prove Your Ratings -- Cenk Uygur

"How many listeners does Rush Limbaugh have? Well, in the press there are only two numbers you'll ever see -- 20 million or 15 million. Those are large numbers, so that is why Limbaugh is taken seriously and is believed to be influential.

"I've got news for you -- those numbers are a total fabrication. They're made up out of whole cloth.You want to know where the 20 million number came from? It was first printed in Billboard magazine back in 1993. Here is the quote:

"'Limbaugh's show is now heard on 610 stations and reaches approximately 20 million listeners, according to [Kit] Carson.'

"So who is Kit Carson? A guy known as Rush Limbaugh's 'chief of staff.' In other words, Rush's team simply made up the 20 million number and everyone believed it. He has never, ever presented any evidence to that effect.

The 15 million number comes from Michael Harrison of Talkers magazine. He is considered the leading expert on the talk radio industry. He is a good man and fights hard for his industry. You want to know where he came up with the number? Pretty much pulled it out of the sky. When Tommy Christopher of AOL News (at the time, he is now with Mediate) asked him how he arrived at the figure, here is what Harrison said:

"'They are only our thumbnail estimates based upon our contacts in the field, tracking of Arbitron estimates and understanding of the business. We make no claims as to "scientific" accuracy... [T]hey are not "ratings" per se.'

"I love that -- they are not ratings, per se. In other words, those are not his ratings at all! Harrison might have well said, 'We took blind guesses and added 5 million, divided by four, multiplied by 12 and then sprinkled some fairy dust on it.'

"There are no national numbers for Rush's radio audience. And it gets worse. Until 2007 radio had the worst rating system ever invented. I know, I worked in the industry, and we all knew the numbers were total nonsense."

by Anonymousreply 7203/05/2012

Wouldn't that be great? Limbaugh and Breitbart in the same week.

by Anonymousreply 7303/05/2012

I have to ask, what's with the "doubled down" meme?

All over TV and the internet I heard that Rush "doubled down" on Sandra Fluke. I wouldn't listen to Rush Limbaugh for love nor money, but what does it mean? Did he call her a "slut slut" and a "two times prostitute"?

The guy always talks smack. What's this "doubled down" stuff? He's just being his usual smack talker.

by Anonymousreply 7403/05/2012

It's a term from gambling, blackjack. In that game a player can look at his hand and if he likes it, double his bet, double down. Then he gets one more card to try to reach 21.

In context, it means Limbaugh evaluated the reaction to what he said and instead of apologizing, or folding his hand in cards, he raised the stakes and went at it another time, figuring people would come around to his side.

He lost.

by Anonymousreply 7503/05/2012

It's one thing to say the radio stations on which his show airs "reaches approximately 20 million listeners" and quite another to say Rush Limbaugh has 20 million listeners.

I'm glad his numbers are being questioned. I'm sure he has listeners in the millions. But if he has more than 5-8 million I'd be surprised. I'd also venture a guess that his demographic is easily over 50. At least. More like over 70.

But all you need to do is look at the number of people who voted for McCain/Pailin. Those are Limbaugh fans. Tea Party people are Limbaugh fans. I don't think Rove has any problem with dumping that Demagogue. But wouldn't it be funny if they gave Newt his own show?

by Anonymousreply 7603/05/2012

Over the past several days, Mission Pharmacal Company has been mistakenly targeted as part of the consumer boycott of companies that currently advertise on The Rush Limbaugh Show. Mission Pharmacal has not advertised on the program in question for several years. Further, the company does not have any current endorsement agreements with Mr. Limbaugh or anyone affiliated with his program.

by Anonymousreply 7703/05/2012

Well, finally. A station has dumped his program. May there be many more to follow. They can reprogram it for sports or country music or some silly evangelical religious show and do just fine revenue wise. Keep up the pressure people. BOYCOTT!!!

by Anonymousreply 7803/05/2012

Total count of dropped sponsors now 12

by Anonymousreply 8003/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 8103/05/2012

You could have been kinder, R79.

Any suggestion that people like RL are fakers in some greater scheme is met with the ole mentally ill / tin hat invalidation.

by Anonymousreply 8203/05/2012

You are all unscrupulous Poltroons

by Anonymousreply 8403/05/2012

[quote]And there is a line of sponsors waiting in the wings.

You mean like AOL? LOL.

It's called hate speech, and the free market has a way of dealing with people who cross the line.

You're the one who needs to get over it. Your fat closeted hate machine is going down. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 8503/05/2012

[quote]Liberal commentators have made worse comments about conservative women and NOTHING happened to them

Name ONE. And saying something bitchy about Ann Coulter doesn't count. Besides, no liberal commentators have the massive audience that Limpballs has.

by Anonymousreply 8603/05/2012

You're right. It's a free speech issue. Fluke was exercising her right to free speech and for this she was publically maligned and her reputation impugned. She was bullied in front of millions of people.

She is not a public figure. In media law, the kinds of laws that deifine libel and slander, she is regarded as a "limited public figure " and she has a right to protection under our Constitution.

Rush Limbaugh is a mouthpiece for a political party and an agenda, and he and they think they can intimidate and steamroll over people without any consequernces. And your best defense is that other people do it too?

Please. I have never heard anyone on the left, use their own radio show, and call a private citizen and prostitute and a whore, for testifying before Congress, and using unlimited resources to go after a private citizen.

His arrogance is surpassed only by his ignorance. He is a buffoon and he deserves to be publically humiliated as he likes to do unto others.

by Anonymousreply 8703/05/2012

You know, if we have to put up with boycotts like One Million Moms and that Westboro Church, and all these other punk assed reactionary groups who are trying to deny our rights and step on ordinary people, we need to start some boycotts and telephone and e-mail campaigns of our own. Grassroots stuff. I'm amazed by the freepers on this thread. Shame on you all.

by Anonymousreply 8803/05/2012

Are there any listenership numbers with demos available to the public? I assume the Arbitron books are by subscription only.

by Anonymousreply 8903/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 9003/05/2012

One sponsor that's sticking with Rush Limbaugh spoke out Monday. LifeLock, the anti-identify theft outfit, said it will remain in the right-wing host's stable of radio advertisers, despite an exodus of companies following Limbaugh's incendiary description of Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke.

"We do not agree with Rush Limbaugh's recent comments but we acknowledge his apology," LifeLock Chief Marketing Office Marvin Davis wrote in a statement emailed to The Huffington Post. "At this time, we are not making any changes to our advertising program.”

by Anonymousreply 9103/05/2012

Ed Shultz is reporting that two stations have dropped Rush.

That's not very many.

by Anonymousreply 9203/05/2012

[quote]Limbaugh’s network of affiliated stations has every incentive to stay loyal. His three-hour weekday program is the most popular draw for these stations, most of which are on the AM band and receive the program for no cost.

[quote]According to the agreement stations sign with Premiere Networks, Limbaugh’s syndicator, Premiere is entitled to air national commercials during four minutes of each hour of Limbaugh’s program. Local stations have 16 minutes and 10 seconds of each hour for news updates and local commercials, or some 48 and half minutes over the course of the show, making Limbaugh highly valuable to station owners.

by Anonymousreply 9303/05/2012

Look who's condemning Rush or is he?:

[quote]Among those condemning Limbaugh on Monday was radio host Don Imus, who lost his radio and TV jobs in 2007 for making insulting remarks about a women’s college basketball team. Said Imus on his morning program: “He owns a Gulfstream 4. Get on it, go to Washington, take her to lunch and say, ‘Look, I’m sorry I said this stuff,’ and never do it again, period. Now, he’s an insincere pig, pill-popping pinhead.”

by Anonymousreply 9403/05/2012

Allstate Insurance becomes 12th company to drop Limbaugh

by Anonymousreply 9503/05/2012

It's a start. The thing is, he and his people think that his apology should suffice. We need to demonstrate that it doesn.t We need to keep up pressure on advertisers and radio stations, calling and e-mailing as much as possible. This isn't the time to slack off.

Lifelock needs to hear from a lot of people saying in effect,We consider Rush Limbaugh's apology insufficient and we will encourage people not to buy your products as long as you support him.

Do keep in mind, that Rush Limbaugh's characterization of Ms Fluke was not some spontaneous, impulsive, inadvertent comment. It was calcualted and his words were specifically chosen for their impact on his audience. He knows exactly what he did, and his apology is a farce.

by Anonymousreply 9603/05/2012

R97, you're a moron if you think he sincerely apologized.

He was back to attacking her today, after the alleged, fake, lame, not-even-half-hearted "appology".

by Anonymousreply 9803/05/2012

So, R97, to summarize your strategy in this thread so far (trolldar is your friend):

Hey come on, Rush sincerely apologized, get over it.

Stunning argument you got there, honey.

by Anonymousreply 9903/05/2012

Sorry, R97, but she is not a public figure. She was a private citizen exercising her right to free speech, seeking redress of grievances from her government. The Supremes ruled on limited public figures several decades ago.

Don't come 'round here spouting your misinformation as if you knew something. You're wrong. That's what always amuses me about these extremists and freepers on the Right.

They're all rather Cheneyesque in the way they spout lies and misinformation and do it with such authority, so emphatic, as to entertain no arguments or doubts about how right they are. You do know people are on to you? Go back to your parallel universe and talk to yourself in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 10003/05/2012

And yet, R101, it's Rush's advertisers and the GOP who have turned on him.

We'll see about that "summary judgment motion", Perry Mason. Rep. Mahony thinks she's got a case.

And Kirsten Powers is a fucking Fox News Analyst. Bitch, please.

Please, go back to calling a bunch of Muslim-loving sluts. That strategy was working so well for you before.

by Anonymousreply 10203/05/2012

[quote]This is a set up on Limbaugh - he took the bait, but he's hardly alone.

Um... what setup would you be referring to? A woman testifying about a friend's medical condition? And this warranted Limbaugh's response, how, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 10303/05/2012

A Republican self-inflicted wound is now being characterized as a set up created by the Democrats so that Limbaugh would jump in the fray and call her a slut and a prostitute? See, we already predicted on Friday that this would be spun as as victimization.

Next, please.

by Anonymousreply 10403/05/2012

what a troll!!

by Anonymousreply 10503/06/2012

Netflix Becomes 30th Advertiser To Drop Limbaugh !!!!

by Anonymousreply 10603/06/2012

Keith Olbermann just said it's 35 advertisers!

by Anonymousreply 10703/06/2012

For Rush to be dropped from radio, he has to lose KFI, Los Angeles and WABC, New York City. Those two markets and it's over. Go to KFI's website and under Contact you can post your disapproval on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 10803/06/2012

Keep fucking that chicken, R109.

by Anonymousreply 11003/06/2012

r109 Because Bill Maher is actually funny.

by Anonymousreply 11103/06/2012

You answered your own question R109 - Maher has insulted "every female republican POLITICAN" - poiticians are, by definition, "public figures" - college students, generally, are not, and thus are entitled to a different set of rules and protections. (I actually think you knew this;I think you just wanted to make the case that it is "equal on both sides". which, indeed, is untrue.

by Anonymousreply 11203/06/2012

In the bankupt logic of Republicans the "Democrats do it too!" line is their best defense. But they'd be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 11303/06/2012

Up to 37 now.

by Anonymousreply 11403/07/2012

Look which company refuses to drop its ads from the show. A legal prostitution service!

[quote]But while dozens of companies are trying to distance themselves from Limbaugh’s incendiary comments, one company has flocker to the conservative commentator. The online dating website, whose mission is to match subscribers with wealthy “Sugar Daddies,” said Tuesday that it has made a new ad buy specifically during Limbaugh’s program.

[quote]Brandon Wade, the founder and CEO of, said he decided to support Limbaugh because he apologized for calling Fluke a “prostitute,” an insult, Wade said, that “many in the mainstream media” have used to describe the women who use his dating site.

[quote]“Many will question why we are supporting Rush Limbaugh even though he is guilty of using the same terms that many in mainstream media have used to describe Sugar Babies,” Wade said in a statement Tuesday. “There are three good reasons. First, the right to free speech should never be subjected to boycott. Second, Limbaugh’s show appeals to the largest Sugar Daddy demographic. Third, while many in the mainstream media have yet to apologize for mistakenly calling Sugar Babies prostitutes, Rush Limbaugh did.”

by Anonymousreply 11503/07/2012

R115... as if wealthy people listen to that show.

Or poor women looking for sugar daddies, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 11603/07/2012

freedom of speech does not give ignorant people the right to trash good people of this great country, if rush limdog is allowed to continue,we all lose. clear channel needs to fire him today.

by Anonymousreply 11703/08/2012

Limbaugh compared the number of sponsors he has lost to "losing a couple of french fries out of the container when it is handed to you at the drive-thru."

Explained that he has roughly 18,000 sponsors, mostly at local affiliates, and that just 28 have ditched him.

Also said that one company is practically on its knees begging to come back. I bet that is carbonite or pro flowers (mother's day is right around the corner).

by Anonymousreply 11803/08/2012

Anyone that deals with radio knows this sponsor thing is a farce.

If you have the stomach, let Limbaugh explain the business to you.

by Anonymousreply 11903/08/2012

Knock yourself out. Boycotts do not work on a national level. Especially with advertisers that do not care. They all say yes yes then sign on for more commercials.

Rush does not give a shit about a handful of advertisers when he has hundreds (over syndication) clamoring to be on his show.

So boycott Sleeptrain dipshits no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 12003/08/2012

40 now!

by Anonymousreply 12103/08/2012

Sleeptrain is the beggar.

Limbaugh told them no. You can't come back.

by Anonymousreply 12203/08/2012

Just saw this tweet, and loved it:

Tom Morello‏ -- To Rush Limbaugh: Hey Jackass, stop using our music on your racist, misogynist, right wing clown show. Sincerely, Rage Against The Machine

by Anonymousreply 12303/09/2012

I know there is nothing more fun than kicking a bully in the ass, and Rush is one of the biggest bullies out there, but I've always had a problem with boycotts and other forms of forcing censorship.

A boycott was the first step in a long chain of steps leading to The Final Solution.

There has to be a better way -- one that doesn't turn us into the enemy.

by Anonymousreply 12403/09/2012

[quote]but I've always had a problem with boycotts and other forms of forcing censorship.

That would be because you're an idiot.

A boycott is not censorship. Learn what censorship is, moron.

Nobody is guarenteed by The Constitution a mass-media outlet for their speech. Nor is anyone guarenteed that their "free speech" has no consequences.

In fact, a boycott is the epitome of the people exercising their free speech.

[quote]A boycott was the first step in a long chain of steps leading to The Final Solution.

You are so full of shit. What's the rule? The first person to invoke nazis loses the argument?

Because a boycott was also the first step in black people gaining their civil rights, the right to vote, etc.

by Anonymousreply 12503/09/2012

Boycotts are wonderful, ask fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 12603/09/2012

Boycotts are terrible. Nothing good ever comes of them.

Next thing you know, your rights to free speech will be taken away.

by Anonymousreply 12703/09/2012

They work wonders

by Anonymousreply 12803/09/2012

Learn how to spell guaranteed, IDIOT.

by Anonymousreply 12903/09/2012

[bold]Limbaugh’s Sponsors Are Fewer & Farther Between: Updated List Of Advertisers For March 8[/bold]

The unofficial boycott of businesses that sponsor Rush Limbaugh’s daily 3 hour misogynist, cynical, intolerant, rant is clearly working! Today’s show had less than half the number of advertisers it had just 48 hours ago. On Tuesday, there was not one repeated commercial; today, there were multiple repeats and numerous public service announcements. Media Matters is reporting that the WABC broadcast in NYC included a couple of ‘dead-air’ minutes because of the lack of sponsors.

Keep the pressure up! Here is a list of those businesses still inclined to support America’s #1 public nuisance:

American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons

Winning Our Future – Super PAC for supporting Newt Gingrich

Lear Capital

Hillsdale College

First Option Lending

Financial Providence Group

Grasshopper Mowers

Customized Food Service Distribution

by Anonymousreply 13003/09/2012

Now he claims that 2 advertisers beg him to come back and he wont tell who and that they are very carefull as to who they advertise.

by Anonymousreply 13103/09/2012

I've never done this before (am neither Democrat or Republican) but I've been writing emails all evening. It's not the politics with me (Independent) but the on-air treatment of a private citizen, woman, who gave testimony before Congress about women health issues. Her right to be heard. I'm hearing from many women who are not politically inclined who are pissed about this. He knows nothing about a woman's body. He misrepresented her testimony. He lied about what she said. He put up a private citizen across national media as a target of scorn and degredation. He crossed the line big time.

It's a free market. We don't have to have him in our marketplace.

by Anonymousreply 13203/09/2012

r131..... see r122.

by Anonymousreply 13303/09/2012

R133 They really begged him?!?! I am speechless. America is way too fucked up, you guys need to reclaim it and you gotta do so with the ambition and energy that the Repugs are doing it. They let an Economy go down the pipe just so Obaa wont get reelected, and the fact that so many dont understand contraception is really scary.

by Anonymousreply 13403/09/2012

I doubt there's anyone here who could not be connected to someone who inflicted an injustice upon another.

This is selective outrage at its finest. The boycott concept itself is lucicrous, as if sponsors should control content, as proxies for their customers.

by Anonymousreply 13503/09/2012

Perhaps you should spend less time insulting others, and more time learning how and when to use quotation marks.

by Anonymousreply 13603/09/2012

Boycotts are economic censorship.

by Anonymousreply 13703/09/2012

Boycotts are free-market-driven freedom of speech.

by Anonymousreply 13803/09/2012

How's that working out for everyone?

by Anonymousreply 13903/09/2012

[quote]How's that working out for everyone?

I'm sorry, we we hanging out in the jacuzzi. Did you say something?

by Anonymousreply 14003/09/2012

How many listeners does Rush Limbaugh REALLY have? Almost none. by Pab on MARCH 7, 2009 - 2 COMMENTS I worked in Radio for 20 years, from 1987 to 2007. During that time, I learned a lot of little tricks about how things really work, and have gotten a good nose for smelling bullshit (especially because like everyone else in the business I’ve helped spread my share).

Lately there’s been a lot of talk about the strength and alleged popularity of Rush Limbaugh, and how he’s using them to keep the Republican party in lockstep to his vision of the world.

The most commonly thrown around number (even though there’s no factual evidence to back it up, as pointed out by MSNBC) is 20 million listeners. Never mind the fact that the “20 million” number came from Rush at his peak, not necessarily today, we’ll take that number as read.

Yes, it’s bullshit. You know it’s bullshit. But as someone from outside the business, do you realize just how much bullshit it is? The answer might surprise you. Here’s how, I can guarantee you, that number was arrived at:

Radio counts listeners in quarter hour increments. There are two ways of measuring them: “cume” and “average quarter hours” (AQH). They’re just what they sound like: total number of quarter-hours listened and average listeners in a quarter hour.

The numbers put out by people like Rush are weekly cume. The trick with cume is that if you listen for 15 minutes, you’re one listener. Listen for a half hour, you’re two. The full hour, four, and so on.

If most of Rush’s listeners join his show at the top and listen to all three hours, each of those people counts as 12 listeners every day. If they listen all week long, then each of those people counts as 60 listeners.

See how quickly numbers get inflated?

Even without factoring in “Best of Rush” and weekend/overnight replays, the real number of people actually listening to Rush (if you buy his 20 million argument, which was at his PEAK, not necessarily now) is closer to 350,000 to half a million people. Out of a country of 350 million.

In other words, only one tenth of one percent of the population of the United States listens to Rush Limbaugh.

And that one tenth of one percent is controlling the policy of the Republican Party.

Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 14103/09/2012

I wish people would get the U.S. population count correct or is the author of the article linked at R141 including Canada? (why they would listen to Limbaugh...)

by Anonymousreply 14203/09/2012

Please contact us with any information you can - we are also trying to keep up with the news regarding the limbaugh boycott - we need to keep this alive!

by Anonymousreply 14303/18/2012

How is the boycott going girls? It did not hurt Rush in the least. In fact, it gained him new advertisers and new listeners.

Keep the boycott going it is only helping.

by Anonymousreply 14404/06/2012

Meh, I don't think Rush is too long for this world anyway, what with all the drugs and his obesity. Death is the best silencer.

by Anonymousreply 14504/06/2012

Maybe death can silence him but not the liberal left. No matter how hard they try.

by Anonymousreply 14604/06/2012

You're funny, r146. I'm gonna troll-dar you for kicks and see what other kinds of stupid posts you've made around these parts.

by Anonymousreply 14704/06/2012

We'll take that bet, r146.

by Anonymousreply 14804/06/2012

Any other person would have been fired by now. But since he's a Republican mouthpiece he's safe.

by Anonymousreply 14904/06/2012

Gee R147 what do you think you will find? You silly twit.

by Anonymousreply 15004/06/2012

So what is the status of the advertiser boycott? Did advertisers keep dropping Limbaugh? Did ones who dropped return?

by Anonymousreply 15104/06/2012

Rush has new advertisers, new listeners, and is in better shape then ever. Unfortunately for liberals, it has also given him a victim status and made the left look like the liars and thugs that they are. The boycott has also put the spotlight on the liberal lefts attack on women and the hateful rhetoric Bill Maher and others are famous for. Obama talks of civility while he stands there with his finger in his ass. Boy Rush is really hurting!

by Anonymousreply 15204/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!