Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Federal Judge sends email implying Obama's mother had sex with dog

Montana Chief U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull, a George W. Bush nominee, admitted on Wednesday that he forwarded a racially-charged email implying that President Barack Obama might have been the product of a sexual encounter between his mother and a dog.

“A little boy said to his mother; ‘Mommy, how come I’m black and you’re white?’” the email forwarded from Cebull’s official court email address on Feb. 20 read, according to the Great Falls Tribune. “His mother replied, ‘Don’t even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you’re lucky you don’t bark!’”

The federal judge’s email called the joke “a bit touching” and said he wanted all of his friends to feel what he felt when he read the email. “Hope it touches your heart like it did mine,” he wrote.

by Anonymousreply 3804/05/2013

Won't he have to recuse himself from any trial involving minorities?

by Anonymousreply 103/01/2012

Gee. How touching indeed. Who appointed this gem?

by Anonymousreply 203/01/2012

by Anonymousreply 303/01/2012

Bush appointed.

by Anonymousreply 403/01/2012

Even if it wasn't about the President and it was about someone I despise, It isn't funny. Did he do this on a government funded website or while he was at work?

Why doesn't he just save time and call the president a nigger? That was his real intent. He ought to grow a pair of balls. If he wants to call him a nigger, call him a nigger instead of acting like a damn stupid 4th grade kid trying to come up with a stupid joke that they think will fool people and no one will really know what they mean

by Anonymousreply 503/01/2012

It's making the rounds.

by Anonymousreply 603/01/2012

Another day, another classic, offensive Republican sickie!

by Anonymousreply 703/01/2012

Richard Cebull, the chief federal judge in Montana, sent a letter to President Barack Obama on Thursday apologizing for a racist email he sent to friends implying Obama’s mother had sex with a dog.

“I sincerely and profusely apologize to you and your family for the email I forwarded. I accept full responsibility; I have no one to blame but myself, Cebull wrote in a letter to the President, adding that the action will “never happen again” and that he referred his conduct to the Judicial Council of the Ninth Circuit. “Honestly, I don’t know what else I can do.”

Josh Glasstetter, research director for People for the American Way, had some ideas.

“How about resign? Or at the very least, relinquish his position as chief judge,” he told TPM in an email. “Did those possibilities “honestly” never occur to him?!”

by Anonymousreply 803/02/2012

Let's see, he not only implied Obama's Mom had sex with a dog, but that she was slut who got pregnant with him at some drunken orgy.

Like a typical gutless right-wing racist buffoon however, he sent a letter of apology for been caught. If I was Obama, I'd tell him to stick his apology up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 903/02/2012

Right after Andrew Breitbart died, conservatives criticized liberals about how tactless the were for semi-celibrating his death.

But I guess it's all right to accuse someone's mother of having sex with a dog if she's been dead since the mid 90s, that's not tactless at all.

If I was this judge, I'd resign out of embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 1003/02/2012

I can't tell which is worse, the Obama's mother had sex with a dog, or the "Go to hell Barack" plastered all over the walls of the DC Metro.

[bold]'Go to hell Barack': Row over Washington Metro ad[/bold]

[italic]In the heat of a US presidential election year, with Americans immune to the polarized and bitter nature of political discourse, it takes a lot to shock them, especially in Washington. But one ad at a DC Metro station -- which starts off criticizing Obama's health care reforms and ends up telling the president to "go to hell" -- goes beyond the pale, says Jim Moran, a Democratic congressman from Virginia.

The advertisement is for "Sick and Sicker: When the Government Becomes Your Doctor," a documentary that interviews Canadian doctors and patients in the hope of showing how dangerous "Obamacare" is for the American people.

"Barack Obama wants politicians and bureaucrats to control America’s entire medical system. Go to hell Barack," the ad says.

Moran wrote a letter to Metro general manager Richard Sarles calling for the removal of the advertisement.

"The ad is deeply disrespectful of the President of the United States and does not belong in the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) network," he wrote.

It turns out that such language is within the accepted limits of American law and such advertisements are protected under the First Amendment of the US constitution, guaranteeing free speech.

"WMATA advertising has been ruled by the courts as a public forum protected by the First Amendment of the Constitution, and we may not decline ads based on their political content," the Metro authority said in a written statement.

"WMATA does not endorse the advertising on our system, and ads do not reflect the position of the Authority."

Democrats have accused Republicans of lowering the tone of the political discourse in the United States during this election season, in particular with highly personal attacks on the president.

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer, a Republican, was widely condemned recently by Democrats for poking her finger at the president during an angry exchange on the tarmac after she greeted his arrival in Phoenix.

But conservatives argue that the treatment Obama gets is no worse than what liberals dished out to former president George W. Bush, especially in his second term after the US-led invasion of Iraq.[/italic]

How nice.

[quote] If I was this judge, I'd resign out of embarrassment.

Republicans have no shame. No shame at all. They are vile, putrid creatures.

by Anonymousreply 1103/02/2012

This biggoted fool should be dragged out into a town square and guillotined.

by Anonymousreply 1303/02/2012

i think R12 may be a bit touched.

by Anonymousreply 1403/02/2012

Question: Are Republicans like Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Juliette Lewis, Reba McIntyre, Adam Sandler, and Heather Locklear embarassed AT ALL to be associated with such a vile, hateful, mean-spirited, childish group of people? I know democrats have a few idiots here and there too, but NOTHING as vile or as frequent as Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 1503/02/2012

Is r12 a satire? When people are so freakishly insane it's just hard to accept as real.

by Anonymousreply 1603/02/2012

Wasted effort R13. The 0.1% are the ones who need your attention, not some animal flunky.

by Anonymousreply 1703/02/2012

Disbared? Recuse? I think he should be lynched.

by Anonymousreply 1803/02/2012

We need to come up with a "troll" name for R12.

He's an illiterate moron and I know he's also obsessed with making sure Jessica Simpson gives birth in a Christian country. He's also obsessed with European royalty.

What shall we call you, R12?

by Anonymousreply 1903/02/2012

I would like to call him Dead.

by Anonymousreply 2003/02/2012

Troll-dar on R12 has given me hours of entertainment so far. I think Peg has returned and is better than ever!

by Anonymousreply 2103/02/2012

Why are right wingers so insanely vile? There is simply no one on the left that's comparably loathsome.

by Anonymousreply 2203/02/2012

The left gets a smattering of psychopaths. They are part of the human condition. The obvious example are Stalin, Pol Pot, and a number of East European dictators, plus many of their henchmen who headed up security services.

Who does a psychopathic boss feel comfortable around? Other psychopaths.

Lyndon LaRouche is nuts, obviously. Whether he is on the left is open to debate.

Lyndon Johnson was not right in the head. You can't be "normal" and have the self-centered ambition it requires to do what he did, rise from nothing to be president.

But you are correct, they are scarce compared to the right.

If individual success is the measuring stick, then you are forced to accept more examples of idiosyncratic behavior, even pathological behavior, as with Breitbart, in people who gain power.

If you work in an a business, a non-profit, a political party, a pressure group, or even a country, that rewards people who work for the good of the entire community, then you are more likely to get people in power with better social skills.

You end up with people of better spirit, overall, on the left. Remember this? It is a perfect example:

"Reporters For Right-Wing Publication Daily Caller Beaten By NYPD, Helped By Protesters"

by Anonymousreply 2303/03/2012

October 04, 2012

Montana Judge, Author of Racist Email About Obama, to Take Senior Status

A judge for the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana, who gained notoriety earlier this year after sending a racially charged email about President Barack Obama, will take senior status next year, according to a post by the U.S. Courts website.

Judge Richard Cebull, who is the subject of a misconduct review by Judicial Council of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals for the email, will take senior status in March 2013. Cebull later apologized to the president. The review is still ongoing.

The move to senior status would allow Cebull to vacate his seat while still hearing some cases.

A top official with People for the American Way expressed outrage that Cebull will be remaining a judge. In a written statement, the organization's president, Michael Keegan, called on Cebull to retire or resign in lieu of taking senior status.

"Americans expect the courts to be fair, impartial, and open to all," Keegan said. "Cebull clearly demonstrated that he does not have the temperament to serve as a federal judge, period."

Cebull did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

by Anonymousreply 2510/07/2012

Yet Mitt Romney thinks President Obama hasn't "reached across the aisle" enough! If I were Obama, I would bring this up in the next two debates!

by Anonymousreply 2610/07/2012

Keep it classy, Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 2710/07/2012

He's playing the odds that he'll be on the bench long enough to draw his pension, which is a full salary for the rest of his life.

If he steps down before then he becomes an unhireable legal has-been.

by Anonymousreply 2810/07/2012

Obama is America's President. Whether or not you agree with his political positions, the majority voted him into office. The fact that ANYONE makes vile, cruel attempts at jokes, insulting him or his honorable mother, is so incredibly offensive. Can this judge be disbarred? At least lose his job? Where is the ACLU or any other rights' organization? This poor excuse of a man needs to be publicly humiliated for his sexism and racism. I sure hope he's never allowed to judge another case.

by Anonymousreply 2910/08/2012

he should be his position he is to set an example. reassign him to traffic court.

by Anonymousreply 3010/08/2012

Idiot @ R24, Bill Mahr is smart. He doesn't have to resort to lame, racist grade school taunts. That is the strict domain of humorless, rethug cunts who have zero imagination or creativity. They are the same cretins who, lacking any ability to argue the "issues", sent around hundreds of emails about Hilary's weight/attractiveness.

Oh, and in what dream world do you imagine Bill Mahr would insult a candidate he supports?

by Anonymousreply 3110/08/2012

It certainly puts the Dan Quayle joke in perspective

by Anonymousreply 3210/08/2012

Someone at needs to start a petition to have him removed.

by Anonymousreply 3310/08/2012

I don't suppose we could just f&f it and move on?

by Anonymousreply 3512/07/2012

Trolls on DL used to be at least marginally witty and capable of reason. Lately they are smug, hate-choked, and inarticulate.

by Anonymousreply 3612/07/2012

Montana judge who slurred Obama quits the bench

Amanda Bronstad The National Law Journal 04-03-2013

U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull, the former chief judge in Montana who filed a complaint against himself last year after acknowledging that he sent a racist email about President Obama, has announced plans to retire by May 3.

Cebull's move came after the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit's Judicial Council issued its final order on March 15 regarding discipline against him. According to a formal statement by Ninth Circuit Chief Judge Alex Kozinski, the order will remain sealed pending the appeal process.

The Judicial Council received a report in December from a special committee that "conducted a thorough and extensive investigation, interviewed numerous witnesses, considered voluminous documentation, including emails, and conducted an interview with Judge Cebull," Kozinski said.

Cebull, 69, wrote to the Ninth Circuit about his retirement plans on March 29, about one week after he assumed senior status. He was nominated by President Bush in 2001 and was named chief judge of Montana in 2008.

Numerous members of Congress and advocacy groups had called upon him to resign after the email became public. Common Cause and the Montana Human Rights Network, for instance, filed complaints with the Ninth Circuit.

Cebull sent the email to family and friends in February of last year from his work computer with the subject line "A Mom's Memory." The text said: "A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white?' His mother replied, ‘Don't even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!"

The email was first reported on February 29 by the Great Falls Tribune. Cebull apologized via that publication and The Billings Gazette, acknowledging that the email was racist but insisting that he was not.

He said it was intended as an "anti-Obama" joke.

"There's no doubt it's racist," he told the Gazette. "It wasn't forwarded for that purpose. If anything, it was political."

By filing a complaint against himself on March 1 of last year, Cebull initiated the Judicial Council's investigation into whether his actions constituted misconduct under the Judicial Conduct and Disability Act. He faced potential discipline ranging from a public reprimand to impeachment. The Judicial Council also could have dismissed the complaint or declined to recommend discipline, opting instead for admonishment or a public apology.

The Ninth Circuit would have no further comment until Cebull's retirement becomes effective, said David Madden, assistant circuit executive.

Cebull, a 1969 graduate of the University of Montana School of Law, was a partner at Brown, Gerbase, Cebull, Fulton, Harman & Ross in Billings from 1972 to 1997. He served as a U.S. magistrate judge in Montana from 1998 to 2001.

Cebull's departure leaves an emergency situation in Montana, where every federal judge but one has gone on senior status. "It's an extreme emergency," said Carl Tobias, a professor at the University of Richmond School of Law and former professor at the University of Montana School of Law. "There's only one active judge, and he's been there a year, and he's the chief judge, Dana Christensen."

Tobias said the district has three authorized judgeships. Last month, U.S. Senator Max Baucus (D-Mont.) recommended two people to fill vacancies: Montana Supreme Court Justice Brian Morris and Susan Watters, a judge in Montana's 13th Judicial District Court in Yellowstone County.

by Anonymousreply 3704/05/2013

Maher. Not Marr. Not Mahr.

Unless you're talking about some other Bill.

by Anonymousreply 3804/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!