Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How stupid are Michigan Republicans?

Mitt Romney does not give a damn about Michigan.

He left the state decades ago.

He went elsewhere to make his fortune.

He became Governor of a different state, rather than staying at home and trying to become Governor there.

He demonstrated no knowledge of what Michigan is really like, and instead used transparent attempts to sound like he cared ("I love the cars, the trees, the lakes etc.")

And finally, he told the auto industry it could go bankrupt.

He only returned to the state when he wanted their votes.

He is a fraud, a charlatan and a disgusting snake and political opportunist.

He screwed over the people of Michigan and they reward him for it? I was hoping they would send this asshole a message that this behavior would not be tolerated.

Oh well, I hope he enjoys his brief moment of 'winning' Michigan. I'm going to enjoy seeing him have his ass handed to him by Obama when the full state votes in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2012

Here, OP.

Don't say no one here didn't give you one!

by Anonymousreply 102/29/2012

You wanna know how stupid Michigan voters are? They elected a Conservative Republican governor who proceeded to raise taxes! On pensions. My mother collects a pension and her Social Security. Now she has to pay taxes on her pension, effective April 1st.

The asshole Dems who sat home and let this happen tried to mount a (failed) recall campaign after the fact. The Republicans also now, since 2010, control the State Attorney General's office. Our Secretary of State's office has been republican for years, as has the State supreme court, and the State legislature.

Believe me Romney is the least of our problems. I am going to personally drag every single Obama supporter I can find to the polls. No one can afford to sit home. No. One.

by Anonymousreply 202/29/2012

OP, where have you been? The majority white Americans have been voting against their economic interests for several decades now.

I have recently come to think that they mistakenly believe that the GOP will protect "white person-hood" when in fact the GOP doesn't give a damn about them unless they are Wall Streeters or other millionaires and billionaires.

When will they wake up? When Social Security or Medicare if done away with? When public schools are done away with? When women can no longer get contraceptives? When the GOP does away with the minimum wage?

by Anonymousreply 302/29/2012

Mitt may lose Ohio

by Anonymousreply 402/29/2012

The Dems in Michigan went out and voted for Santorum and Paul in an attempt to knock Romney out here.

by Anonymousreply 502/29/2012

>>> He is a fraud, a charlatan and a disgusting snake and political opportunist

yes, but he's 1,000 % better than santorum

by Anonymousreply 602/29/2012

So, OP, is this your argument for voting for Paul or Santorum?

by Anonymousreply 702/29/2012

Would you prefer they vote for Santorum? The idiot who thinks women should be grateful if they become pregnant as a result of rape?

by Anonymousreply 802/29/2012

Polls show Romney's lack of support for the buyout had NO EFFECT ON MICHIGAN REPUBLICANS. And that's lesson number one of American politics. Republicans HATE the people they share Michigan with. They are hoping the state will fail and people starve to death and so on, if it means they can break the UAW.

by Anonymousreply 903/01/2012

First of all consider the choices they had. Then consider that more than half of them didn't vote for Romney and that Santorum - who is just as vile as Romney in a different way - got almost as many votes and just as many delegates there.

And then consider that Obama is leading in MIchigan by a long shot. That might well include some Michigan Republicans who although they voted for Romney in the primary because he is the most palatable of a sickening bunch would still not vote for him in the general.

by Anonymousreply 1003/01/2012

R8, what they should have done was sat out.

by Anonymousreply 1103/01/2012

R5 has a point about crossover voters who self-indentify as Democrats.

The comment that Rick Snyder is conservative is inaccurate. He's a fascist.

Reason why Michigan has a GOP governor is because the state is proned to electing governors belonging to the party opposite the president. It's happened in almost every election since 1978.

1976 President: Jimmy Carter (D) | 1978 Michigan Gov.: William Milliken (R)

1980 President: Ronald Reagan (R) | 1982 Michigan Gov.: James Blanchard (D)

1984 President: Ronald Reagan (R) | 1986 Michigan Gov.: James Blanchard (D)

1988 President: George Bush (R) | 1990 Michigan Gov.: John Engler (R)

1992 President: Bill Clinton (D) | 1994 Michigan Gov.: John Engler (R)

1996 President: Bill Clinton (D) | 1998 Michigan Gov.: John Engler (R)

2000 President: George W. Bush (R) | 2002 Michigan Gov.: Jennifer Granholm (D)

2004 President: George W. Bush (R) | 2006 Michigan Gov.: Jennifer Granholm (D)

2008 President: Barack Obama (D) | 2010 Michigan Gov.: Rick Snyder (R)

Reason why this pattern is in place is because the state of Michigan is one of those that responds to midterm elections. President's party loses seats in House/Senate -- well, Michigan is there for the tide.

I live in Michigan. And I think the Democrats in this state aren't aware. In fact, many of them made the 2004 state constitution band on gay marriage pass. But they were saying, during then, gotta get out of the White House President Bush.

by Anonymousreply 1203/01/2012

[quote]How stupid are Republicans?

This is the question you should be asking.

The answer: Very.

by Anonymousreply 1303/01/2012

Obviously pretty stupid, they still reside in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 1403/01/2012

Would you be your suggestion to divide 100 percent of those Michigan Republicans and relocate one-third each to Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming?

If the answer is "yes," I think it's a marvelous idea!

by Anonymousreply 1503/01/2012

I agree, R15. Michigan Republicans who betray their own state by supporting the collapse of the auto-industry should be forcefully deported to other states!

by Anonymousreply 1603/01/2012

So they should support one of the other clowns? They ALL opposed helping the auto industry.

And that's why Michigan is safely blue this year.

by Anonymousreply 1703/01/2012

Dumbest people on earth.

I know: I've met many, I lived there for a time, and every time I go on the message boards at the Detroit News, I am astounded at the illiteracy. There is no other place in the country, not even McAllen, Texas where people are too stupid to write a two line comment on a newspaper blog...except in Detroit, where the task defeats them every time.

by Anonymousreply 1803/01/2012

His auto comments didn't hurt him with the Michigan Republicans, Hell, they helped. He didn't have any Union Votes anyway, so who gives a shit about pissing them off?

There's a lot of resentment against people with good jobs, and it's easy to play off the stereotype of Lazy overpaid union workers, a large number of them black, with pay and benefits the average Michigan worker can only dream of--It's a Republican dream.

Sure anyone with an ounce of smarts realizes those union jobs help everyone in the State, but we're talking about Republicans. Seeing the big picture has never been a strong suit with them.

by Anonymousreply 1903/01/2012

"A lot of them black"

Oh my sides. Not in Michigan, my friend.

by Anonymousreply 2003/02/2012

[quote]So, OP, is this your argument for voting for Paul or Santorum?

Just coming on to post that.

That's the irony. If they didn't vote for Mitt, OP would again be calling them 'stupid' for voting for Paul or Santorum. OP, why not just classify anyone who votes Republican "stupid", and get it over with? If anything, they were smart enough not to vote for the crazy other two.

by Anonymousreply 2103/02/2012

[quote][R8], what they should have done was sat out.

You're an idiot. You must be from Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 2203/02/2012

The other two are much less dangerous to the country than Mitt. The fact you don't know that R21, suggests that you are some kind of Michigan moron. I think all has to do with PBB in the milk. Everyone in Michigan was poisoned by the it (see: Kalkaska incident) but nobody from anywhere else was.

by Anonymousreply 2303/02/2012

Thanks, R12, but it's a "ban," not a "band."

by Anonymousreply 2403/02/2012

The Republicans in general are stupid. Very, very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2503/02/2012

Yes, but in many areas it is handed down through the generations. Michigan deserves special scorn because it acquired stupidity late in history. Almost every 60 year old freeper moron (outside the Mormons) was raised to be progressive liberal.

by Anonymousreply 2603/02/2012

Correct, R23.

R21 doesn't seem to realize that it would have been better for Santorum to win Michigan because he will be easier for Obama to beat.

And I don't have a problem with people voting for Ron Paul in the primaries. He's not going to win the nomination anyway, and at least he is anti-war, unlike the others.

by Anonymousreply 2703/02/2012

And now Romney will likely win Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 2803/02/2012

They're Republiccans, OP. There is no limit to their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 2903/03/2012

It doesn't really matter what state it is. Unless you're rich, saying you're a Republican is like announcing you're stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!