Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

George Clooney: 'I Don't Care If People Think I'm Secretly Gay'

George Clooney doesn't mind if people think he's secretly in the closet.

The Descendants actor, 50, has been plagued with rumors about his sexual orientation for decades, but in a new interview with The Advocate, Clooney reveals there are worse things to hear about himself.

"I think it's funny, but the last thing you'll ever see me do is jump up and down, saying, 'These are lies!' That would be unfair and unkind to my good friends in the gay community," Clooney explains. "I'm not going to let anyone make it seem like being gay is a bad thing. My private life is private, and I'm very happy in it."

Clooney, who is currently dating Stacy Keibler, adds: "Who does it hurt if someone thinks I'm gay? I'll be long dead and there will still be people who say I was gay. I don't give a sh-t."

The actor and three-time Golden Globe winner has been a strong proponent of legalizing same-sex marriage; he is set to star in a one-night-only reading of 8, Dustin Lance Black's Prop 8 play, on March 3 in L.A. Martin Sheen, Jamie Lee Curtis, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Matthew Morrison and Matt Bomer are also slated to participate.

"One day the marriage equality fight will look as archaic as George Wallace standing on the University of Alabama steps keeping James Hood from attending college because he was black. People will be embarrassed to have been on the wrong side," Clooney tells The Advocate. "So it's encouraging to know that this too will seem like such a silly argument to our next generation. There are even a lot of young conservatives today for whom marriage equality isn't an issue. It always takes government an extra generation to catch up to the people."

by Miareply 5204/27/2014

Didn't Angie diss Clooney's beard at the Oscars.

by Miareply 802/29/2012

Janet Charlton responds to accusations that George is gay with "he isn't gay".

Hahahahahahahahaha

by Miareply 906/19/2012

Umm, okay.

by Miareply 1006/19/2012

[quote]Didn't Angie diss Clooney's beard at the Oscars.

Yup, she did.

by Miareply 1106/19/2012

Oh, jesus christ, people, deal with reality. George Clooney is not gay. Mark Wahlberg is not gay. Why insist on indulging in the fantasy that they are? What does it do for you? How does it improve your life?

by Miareply 1206/19/2012

I agree, r12. As I wrote in another thread, he was highly and strikingly appreciative of the young ladies of The Ides of March on its DVD commentary track.

by Miareply 1306/19/2012

Yes, he is gay! You don't know his personal life.

by Miareply 1406/19/2012

He has little chemistry with the women he dates, and even less with the women he acts with.

There's no real affection with the Kiebler woman and him. I've seen them show up at numerous awards shows and they always look uncomfortable together.

by Miareply 1506/19/2012

r15 Although I believe he's gay, I do think he has chemistry with his female costars but not with the beards he hires.

by Miareply 1606/19/2012

He sounds a lot lik Ricky Martin 10 years ago. Ricky said people can fantasize about him in any way they want. Denied being gay without putting it down,

by Miareply 1706/19/2012

r5 get over yourself we don't want u and nobody thinks that u are Jewish!

by Miareply 1806/19/2012

George is the new Cary Grant...who was most assuredly at least bi and most probably a cock lover. But, it's amazing that people still pay to see him as a straight father when they would not do the same with say an openly gay actor...are there any of these around who still have careers? I guess there is that guy who was in a movie with Madronnnnna who came out and then warned other gay closeted actors that it was a career killer to come out..see..I can't even rememeber his fucking name!!!

by Miareply 1906/19/2012

(R4) Just like Tom Selleck who was asked about his gayness and then his "marriage" to Jilly Mack. It was the height of obfuscation...he "chose" to get married....and I would add, to save his career after "Magnum" and to ward off all the gay rumors. Too funny.

by Miareply 2006/19/2012

Only I know the truth, and a lady never talks...

by Miareply 2206/20/2012

81. BLIND GOSSIP 06/29 Single Guy and Married Couple have been friends for a long time. You will often catch pretty photos of them hanging out together every couple of months. No, this isn’t going where you think it’s going. They are not a threesome. Nor is Single Guy romantically involved with Married Girl. However, they do have a very interesting arrangement. Single Guy is quite the package, so it’s not exactly hard for him to land an attractive woman. In fact, he always seems to have a new Single Girl on his arm. However, he is not the only one doing the selecting. Married Girl has a big say in Single Buy’s choice of mates. That’s because the bottom line is that the Single Girl is really for her. That’s right. The real couples here are: Single Guy + Married Guy and Single Girl + Married Girl. So, now you know that whenever Single Guy breaks up with his Single-Girl-of-the-Month, it’s really because Married Girl has decided that it’s time. Married Girl is the selector of Single Girl, ergo the decision maker in Single Girl’s termination. It doesn’t always go smoothly, though. Once the Single Girl is part of this lifestyle, the fame-by-association and the lifestyle can make it very difficult to leave. However, they always do go, thanks to a binding contract and a nice payoff. Single Guy: George Clooney Single Girl: Stacy Kiebler Married Guy: Rande Gerber Married Girl: Cindy Crawford

by Miareply 2307/03/2012

Clooney and Gerber FTW

by Miareply 2407/03/2012

Hold on a sec R23, they didn't *confirm* it was Clooney/Kiebler/Gerber/Crawford. I find that BI very far-fetched, though I'm sure there's something afoot between the foursome. Cindy Crawford's a hoebag.

by Miareply 2507/03/2012

Now George, I don't think anyone's claiming you're *secretly* gay. It doesn't appear to be a secret at all.

by Miareply 2607/03/2012

It's safe to come out now, George.

by Miareply 2707/09/2012

This *mysterious* part works so well for ladies. He knows it.

by Miareply 2807/09/2012

Do we really believe Cindy desired EC, from all of the other drop-dead gorgeous models and actresses available?

by Miareply 2907/12/2012

hmmm

by Miareply 3007/12/2012

and another, hmmmm

by Miareply 3107/12/2012

Hello???

by Miareply 3207/12/2012

Crawford & Canalis. Twinsies

by Miareply 3307/13/2012

More C&C fun factory

by Miareply 3407/13/2012

C&C vacay without the boys

by Miareply 3507/13/2012

George is cool with it, anything to get off issue about how much plastic surgery he had some time ago.

by Miareply 3607/13/2012

Double Date

by Miareply 3707/13/2012

he.is.not.gay

by Miareply 3807/13/2012

hiding in plain sight.

by Miareply 3907/13/2012

I don't think he's gay either, but he could be bi. He's clearly way more careful than Travolta, in any event. I do believe he's had a vasectomy, though.

by Miareply 4007/13/2012

Whatever the truth is,

A photo of George chatting up Micheal Feinstein

Is Interesting

Also the glamour of his family: not so much

by Miareply 4111/12/2012

[R6] I do work with two youngish (30s) conservatives who think that if gay people want to get married they don't really care and let them do what they want. It is not an issue with them, but money is which is why they consider themselves conservative. They want the whole welfare system rehauled and managed better to get rid of deadbeats who stay on it their whole life.

by Miareply 4211/12/2012

His biggest problem is that he never took the time to spend four years getting a degree. An education forces you to think and argue in a clear, concise manner. He's like so many uneducated celebrities who dip their toes into political issues. They're out of their league and become smug in defense. Really, had he been an educated man, his choice in women would reflect in that. Gay or straight, a woman who has it all would be in constant battle with him over life's issues and perceptions. He'll never be a member of the elite but don't tell him that.

by Miareply 4311/12/2012

Just read yesterday that Clooney and Gerber are going into Tequila business together, and the other day, for the first time, heard the rumor about Gerber and Clooney, and that Clooney's beards are for Cindy?

Anyone? Come on its juice

by Miareply 4401/11/2013

R44, What do you think of Casamingos frau shocking promo vid mocking Clooney&Gerber, Cindy&Stacy Keibler's swinging? Should have had Clooney in bed with his 4-legged dog.

by Miareply 4501/11/2013

If the arrangement is true- they are one fucked up gang. Imagine having all that $$ and going to such lengths to hide the most essential truth about yourself. It is for that reason that I don't buy it. It just seems like way too much trouble. I mean why does Rande Gerber think it so necessary to live such a closeted life in 2013? I can just understand it with Clooney- but the others? Hell you can own restaurants and make millions and be gay or lesbian. This bullshit is not necessary- that is why I tend not to believe it.

by Miareply 4601/11/2013

They are living the life.

I love that photo posted earlier of them on that boat in Venice. That is genuine glamour.

The charade is fabulous.

If Clooney did come out, he would be struck down a number of notches, by both gays and straights. From then on out, it would be all about his gayness.

As things stand now, he's on top of the world and calling the shots.

by Miareply 4701/11/2013

He's such a complete has-been, he and his pal Hanks.

Why are his absurd, tiresome statements even making news anymore?

by Miareply 5003/21/2013

So is he engaged to the lawyer?

by Miareply 5104/27/2014

As soon as the thread appeared on DL saying that George and Cindy Crawford's husband are a couple and have been for years, and that Cindy finds George's 'girlfriends' for him and sleeps with them herself, all of a sudden George is engaged!

Complete coincidence, right fraus and fan girls?

by Miareply 5204/27/2014
Need more help? Click Here.