Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BBC America - Being Human

New season started last night and was awesome. Will miss my favorite characters but the new cast looks promising. The BBC version is far superior to the US version. Anyone else a fan?

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2014

Just watched the new season premier on DVR. Not to sure about the future scenario. Now the show is introducing ghostly time travel?

by Anonymousreply 102/26/2012

What was meant by "rent-a-ghost"?

by Anonymousreply 202/26/2012

'Rent-a-ghost' was a British kid's programme about an agency that rented out ghosts, that was very popular when the creator of Being Human was young. I'm surprised it survived into the US version. Maybe they thought it worked as a joke on its own.

by Anonymousreply 302/26/2012

Sorry, R2 - just realised you were talking about thwe UK version. The explanation stands, though

by Anonymousreply 402/26/2012

Anyone watching the new season that started this week (UK version)? Damien Molony is such a cutie. I can't get into the U.S. version - it's just not as good.

by Anonymousreply 502/05/2013

Anyone watch the final UK series at all? I really liked how it ended. The season seemed a bit off from others, but they did a good job wrapping up the series. Hopefully, we see Damien Molony in something else soon... they should put him on some U.S. show.

by Anonymousreply 603/14/2013

It is not being renewed and this will be the last season.

by Anonymousreply 703/14/2013

I really enjoyed this show up to series 3. When everybody except for Annie left it lost me. It should have just ended there. I loved the exploration of what it meant to be human., especially series 2-3. Rarely have I seen a show go down hill so fast.

by Anonymousreply 803/14/2013

I just recently "discovered" BBC America, have watched some of Ramsey's shows and will probably watch the Orphan Black show when it starts at the end of the month. Had not heard of Being Human but it sounds like something I'd like, will have to check it out, thanks for posting about it.

by Anonymousreply 903/14/2013

It did become a very different show, R8, and the quality of this last 6-episode season was down. You could tell even the production dollars weren't there. I didn't much care when the original cast left, but the new cast grew on me, too. As much as this final season seemed a throwaway, I still liked the way it ended. It was sappy and Hollywood, and maybe didn't have the powerful ending this series should have had given the original seasons, but it was good nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 1003/14/2013

On your recommendation[R10], maybe I'll give it one more shot.

by Anonymousreply 1103/14/2013

I just discovered it...should I stop watching before the end?

by Anonymousreply 1201/04/2014

Love the UK version, I couldn't stomach the US version.

by Anonymousreply 1301/04/2014

I dropped it after the first two episodes of series three. Just turned into a painful viewing experience.

by Anonymousreply 1401/04/2014

BBC America SUCKS.

by Anonymousreply 1501/04/2014

R12, I say keep watching. Series Four is a bit shaky with the changed cast dynamic but it was still a quality show.

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!