Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Star Trek 2: Benedict Cumberbatch and Zach Quinto

The first set photos have arrived for Star Trek 2, thanks to MTV. J.J. Abrams is currently filming the sequel, whose plot details are being kept under wraps.

The images show Benedict Cumberbatch battling Spock (Zachary Quinto) on what is being called a "Space Barge set." Despite the strength of Spock's Vulcan death grip, Cumberbatch looks to be overpowering him. We don't know much about Cumberbatch's character, but it is clear that they are not getting along. What is odd is that he is wearing a black version of the Star Fleet uniform under his silver overcoat. Could this mean that Cumberbatch's character was one of the good guys before he became a villain?

by Anonymousreply 1301/26/2013

There is no black Starfleet costume in the existing canon. It could very well be that he traveled back or forward in time, although it'd be mildly irritating for them to use that effect in two back-to-back films.

by Anonymousreply 102/24/2012

Yuck. The Best looking Trekkie is still Wil Wheaton.

by Anonymousreply 202/24/2012

How do they keep a straight face making these movies?

by Anonymousreply 302/24/2012

Will Cumberbatch be playing an alien? They sure as hell won't need makeup.

I don't get his appeal at all.

by Anonymousreply 402/24/2012

I can't get the damn pictures to open!

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2012

Ya'll think Zach hit that.

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2012

Really R2? You think Wil was better looking than Scott Bakula,Chris Pine, or young William Shatner?

by Anonymousreply 705/25/2012

Chris Pine HAD meth-face (lots of pock marks) during the first movie. I think he's had work done since then.

Bakula looks like he's melting (as of Desperate Hausfraus).

I randomly met Zach Quinto in NY, and he's stunning. His five o'clock shadow is so perfect (along with the rest of him).

What's a Wil Wheaton?

by Anonymousreply 805/25/2012

The rumor is that Cumberbatch plays Khan.

I'm kinda disappointed that's where they decided to go for a sequel; you can't really top Wrath of Khan, IMO. And there are many Original Series villains never addressed in the films that I'd love to see an updated take on (the Talosians, for starters).

by Anonymousreply 905/25/2012

If anything, they're trying to top "Space Seed."

by Anonymousreply 1005/25/2012

Any new info on this movie?

by Anonymousreply 1107/19/2012

I posted a spoiler a few weeks ago. While Karl Urban was doing press for Judge Dredd, he let it slip that Benedict Cumberbatch is not playing Khan, he's playing Gary Mitchell.

by Anonymousreply 1207/19/2012

So do we wonder if Quinto sucked off Cumberbatch a couple of times or not? There were fairly intimate pap shots of them posted after some awards show months ago.

by Anonymousreply 1301/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!