Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What's the real story

on Tyler Perry, somone must have some dirt on this queen.

by Anonymousreply 7202/24/2013

Don't tell anyone I told you this, but his movies all suck.

by Anonymousreply 102/24/2012

He's trapped in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 202/24/2012

to summarize: big old closeted fag who makes shitty movies.

by Anonymousreply 302/24/2012

Could he be peeking out of the closet by starring as himself (not Madea) as a man who fights family and society expectations to be with the person he loves?

by Anonymousreply 402/24/2012

But at least his shitty movies give me work!

by Anonymousreply 502/24/2012

I heard he is engaged to be married to a woman!

by Anonymousreply 602/24/2012

He is R6 and she is gorgeous. Blind too, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 702/24/2012

I saw a preview on TV for his latest shitty movie and noticed that Eddie Cibrian-Rimes is in it. You know someone is desperate for work when they work in a Tyler Perry film.

by Anonymousreply 802/24/2012

I think Madea is funny.

by Anonymousreply 902/24/2012

It's so strange to me that Perry plays domestic violence for laughs after having been beaten and molested as a child. I wonder if he's mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 1002/24/2012

It's funny to me that he's decided to now take male roles, because he is totally unbelievable in them. I have to t think that he's also financing them, too, because I can't see anybody else casting him that way.

by Anonymousreply 1102/24/2012

He's financed all of his movies for years. Which is why they're all called "Tyler Perry's ______."

by Anonymousreply 1202/24/2012

I'm sure he's probably gay but there really is a lack of evidence. You'd think someone would post camera pictures of him at a club or looking "suspect" with some guy. Everyone thinks he's gay, but I don't see even see accounts of "my friend knows a guy who fucked Tyler Perry."

by Anonymousreply 1302/24/2012

This upcoming film isn't his first non-Madea male role. He was in the two "Why Did I Get Married" movies. In the context of those films, he wasn't THAT bad. In the context of those films.

by Anonymousreply 1402/24/2012

[quote]Tyler Perry, the Hollywood actor, writer and producer has ended years of speculation over his sexuality with a reference to a pregnancy scare with an unnamed female partner.

Perry, the writer and star of the popular Madea franchise of films, who was ranked by Forbes magazine and the sixth highest paid man in Hollywood spoke to Ebony magazine.

He told the magazine: “Now, I got overwhelmed when I first got a dog because I knew I was responsible for this living creature. So think how I reacted to the thought of having a child.”

He added: “She’s really, really special. It’s the longest relationship I’ve been in.”

by Anonymousreply 1502/24/2012

Talentless hack. He must be somebody's boytoy. Somebody tasteless.

by Anonymousreply 1602/24/2012

but he has a really phat ass!

by Anonymousreply 1702/24/2012

Talentless. Hideous. Closeted.

by Anonymousreply 1802/24/2012

Will always hide behind The Bible.

by Anonymousreply 1902/24/2012

I don't how how reliable this source is, but I have a friend who knew a stripper in NYC named Dr. Love. Dr. Love, who has a 13 incher claimed that he was hired by Ms. Tyler in 2003-2004 to strip at a party with other A list DL gays in Atlanta.

That's the closest thing to an outing story on Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 2002/24/2012

Theres people who have spilled the tea over at lipstickalley.comabout him coming on to men... Black people don't get anywhere near the glossy gossy at datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 2102/25/2012

The set's do look like those furniture stores you go into where they have the living room, etc set up all generic like! He still has a phat ass tho!

by Anonymousreply 2302/25/2012

I agree, the sets all look like Rooms to Go, where $999 gets you the whole room, and a 40 inch tv.

by Anonymousreply 2402/26/2012

His movies are pretty shitty, but I once supervised a couple of black people who loved his plays and films. As I tried to understand what they found so enjoyable about them, they indicated that he makes films that black people can relate to. A lot of the characters are African-Americans who run the gamut from being poor, to being successful. Some are blue collar types, others are executives and professionals. Some are good, some are bad. Ultimately, they appreciated the fact that black people are actually featured with substantial roles...not bit parts where they're playing maids or the occasional judge.

I think that's why he's probably so successful. Tyler Perry films are to black people what Fox News is to conservatives. When a group of people feel like they can only go to one place to be understood, they flock to that one place. I remember when that Noah's Arc film came out, all the gays in my area flocked to the only theater playing it. I wasn't familiar with the show at the time, but I was there to see something else...wondering why every showing for the day had been sold out.

Yeah, it might be fun to make fun of the guy for being closeted, but I definitely feel like his heart is in the right place where his films are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 2502/26/2012

The real story... he was horrifically abused as a child. I dont really consider him closeted anymore. He told Oprah on her show that he has had feelings for men. So any woman he is with has full knowledge of that.

I doubt he would ever go public with any relationship he has with another man. And even if he did, a lot of gays would complain because many people would associate him with the sexual abuse = homosexuality bullshit.

I dont watch any of his TV shows. But he gives many black actors work (gay actors too) that would otherwise would be struggling in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 2602/26/2012

Gay eyes -

by Anonymousreply 2702/26/2012

I think it's gay mouth.

by Anonymousreply 2802/26/2012

The guy is so rich, Whitney's family turned to him to fly her body out on his own private plane. Seems like he's become so rich because he is the only one making films for black people, much like those black rappers get rich. Don't you think the studios would get smart and take advantage of that market?

by Anonymousreply 2902/26/2012

Last week in a TV interview Tyler said he's such a private person that when he marries it won't be revealed to the public. Oh, Mary!!

by Anonymousreply 3002/26/2012

He's closeted for sure even the cartoon the Boondocks in the episode "Pause" made fun of him.

You can find that episode on youtube I suggest you watch it.

by Anonymousreply 3102/26/2012

I was so shocked to see him preaching at Whitney's funeral...what exactly was that all about? You know every Baptist think gays are on the road to hell.

by Anonymousreply 3202/26/2012

I sort of respect him on a professional level. He seems to be the only person in Hollywood who understands how to make a "B" movie anymore. More importantly, he makes money at it.

They're nothing special, sort of Black Andy Hardy movies, but they're watchable, his product is consistent (not the same as good), and his audience clearly enjoys them. More power to him.

by Anonymousreply 3302/26/2012

I didn't know he was engaged.

by Anonymousreply 3402/26/2012

r29 studios dont understand black people.

by Anonymousreply 3502/26/2012

I hear in ATL that Tyler Perry is known to be gay but deeply closeted. He should just come out and NOT marry the woman he's somehow engaged to.

I remember a few years ago he was interviewed by some magazine and he said how he almost "accidentally" got a woman pregnant, it was very odd of him to say this out of nowhere since you don't even hear straight people who are famous in interviews say "Oh BTW I had sex with my wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend and a pregnancy almost happened!"

by Anonymousreply 3602/26/2012

His movies suck. I'm black and none of my friends like his movies or tv shows either.

by Anonymousreply 3702/26/2012

He has a very soft passive face.

by Anonymousreply 3802/26/2012

He has the lips of a female silent movie star.

For someone who was once homeless he is loaded.

He has turned Atlanta into a town that makes many movies and television shows.

Those I know who work with him, say you must always call him Mr. Perry and never look him in the eyes.

He was spotted shopping at the Atlanta IKEA on a previous Superbowl Sunday with a posse of gays.

by Anonymousreply 3902/26/2012

Well Whitney lived in ATL for several years. Madea also parodied her mercilessly in his plays. Im sure she watched them.

by Anonymousreply 4102/26/2012

I wish he would stop doing Madea. It's dumb. I didn't know he parodied Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 4202/26/2012

Tyler Perry is a good guy. I never understand why white people complain about his movies because they will not go and see any movie rather good or bad with black leads.

That is why white Hollywood will not make black films because they can not sell the movies oversees and in the States because only black people have an interest in seeing black films.

Leave the man alone, you all just can't stand to see a successful back man that actually carters to the black population. Go back to obsessing over Anderson Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 4302/26/2012

Madea was way funnier ten years ago when he did the original plays. Watered down Madea in the movies is not as good.

by Anonymousreply 4402/26/2012

I'm black. He's not catering to the black community.

by Anonymousreply 4502/26/2012

W&W for R43.

by Anonymousreply 4602/26/2012

Yes, R43. You tell them. Especially the part about all that trouble selling those African American movies about African American culture and themes oversees. If Tyler Perry carters to the black population, more power to him. And of course we all know, like you say, that whites simply won't go see a movie with a black lead. That's why Denzel and Will Smith don't have careers, which is a travesty of justice.

by Anonymousreply 4702/26/2012

I want to marry R47.

by Anonymousreply 4802/26/2012

I would suspect that since is a big black man and Chelsea Handler didn't make one sexual remark to him for the whole of his interview the other night, he's gay. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 4902/26/2012

Denzel Washington and Will Smith are usually the only the black lead if not the only black person in their films that is why they are so successful because they whitewash their films.

Denzel's latest movie is with Ryan Reynolds and before that it was Chris Pine. Don't be mad at me for stating the fact that white people do not go see black films. Just ask George Lucas, Red Tails failed at the box-office.

by Anonymousreply 5002/26/2012

doesn't he just do stereotypes about black people?

by Anonymousreply 5102/26/2012

What's RR?

by Anonymousreply 5302/26/2012

I don't think he will ever come "out" because of his religious beliefs and that big fat pay check ultra religious blacks are giving him. I do think eventually he will secretly have relationships with men.

by Anonymousreply 5402/26/2012

He's probably already having secret relationships with men.

by Anonymousreply 5502/26/2012

He's already having secret "relationships" with men. I assume you're talking about boyfriend, partner, etc. But, maybe he's doing that as well already.

by Anonymousreply 5602/26/2012

r53. Rolls royce

by Anonymousreply 5702/26/2012

What's neck cheese?

by Anonymousreply 5802/26/2012

I doubt if any straight black man would want to fuck a bone-skinny model.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 5902/26/2012

I saw one of his movies with Adam Rodriguez. Boy, it was incredibly amateurish. The acting was atrocious, even from the actors I know to be talented in it. The stereotypes were thick and fast, including stereotypes of how black people choose to have themselves portrayed (evil or incredibly saintly). It was a really tired mess. Oh, and the location street used was in every movie ever made, and was so fake looking. It was like that ancient Warner Bros. back lot "New York Street" where one street comes to an end with another street going the other way. It's used in the series "Friends", and just about every James Cagney movie ever made as well!

by Anonymousreply 6002/26/2012

Well, let's face it, if some gay actor got together the funding to make a movie entirely about gay guys, and cast some reasonably well known gay or gay-friendly actors (Neil Patrick Harris, Rupert Everett, Ian McKellan, whatever, not A list but not unknowns), and cobbled together some mediocre script about gay relationship drama, millions of gay guys would go to see it, because it's about them. (Except for the gay guys, like me and like R45, saying That movie doesn't speak for me, etc.) Why would straight people go to it? It's a cultural thing. If you can't relate to it, you're not going to go.

by Anonymousreply 6102/26/2012

From what I've gathered at Datalounge, gay guys NEVER support gay artist, directors, actors, writers. They simply don't give a damn.

by Anonymousreply 6202/27/2012

i like tyler perry. and to c him doin good is great so for all yall haters thats talkin shit about his movies. hate on hater

by Anonymousreply 6302/24/2013

Remember Spike Lee on Perry's films: "coonery and buffoonery." Wow! Not gonna get a white to say that.

by Anonymousreply 6402/24/2013

He's engaged?!?!

I for real thought he was gay and out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 6502/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 6602/24/2013

I think he's closeted, but have no hard proof.

there's a limited amount of his stuff that I find "OK". The rest is merely bad or horrible.

But, I have to give him some credit. Love or hate his work, he smartly tapped a market and made a ton of money off of it. And, he did work hard to get to where he is.

by Anonymousreply 6702/24/2013

[quote] From what I've gathered at Datalounge, gay guys NEVER support gay artist, directors, actors, writers. They simply don't give a damn.

No, but the BS detector is on for the 80 to 90% of gay male artists who want to perpetuate stereotypical, tired stories about us with no imagination or authenticity.

We still have films and TV, with very few exceptions, that either laugh at us, show us as curiosities or kick in the F*g Dies At The End clause. A few shows have gone deeper and I applaud them. But movies in particular have been way behind.

by Anonymousreply 6802/24/2013

Massive pussyhound.

Big Obama supporter.

by Anonymousreply 6902/24/2013

[quote] Massive pussyhound.

Big Obama supporter.

by Anonymousreply 7002/24/2013

Let's discuss this neck cheese thing... I've never heard of that before.

by Anonymousreply 7102/24/2013

You've either heard of neck cheese, or you haven't heard of neck cheeses. If you haven't heard of neck cheeses, your the guy that HAS neck cheeses.

by Anonymousreply 7202/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!