Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jimmy Kimmel, am I the only one who finds this smug little troll irritating?

I don't know why exactly but I find him vomit worthy. Smug, self satisfied in his smirky "humor". I haven't watched late night TV in a long time but there's no way I'd watch this asshole's show if I did.

Here in New York, you can't escape him because his little video vignettes play in the back of cabs all over the city.

I can't think of anyone I know who's mentioned being a fan and I never see him talked about in terms of his show being funny or watched. So, HOW is he still on the air, especially with all the competition? He seems equally as irritating as Leno if not more so.

by Anonymousreply 10104/22/2015

I like him and his show.

by Anonymousreply 102/23/2012

He has one of the ugliest profiles I've ever seen, especially when he laughs. He should never turn sideways.

by Anonymousreply 202/23/2012

I think Sarah Silverman said his balls smell like kielbasa.

by Anonymousreply 302/23/2012

OP, it's not just you. I can't stand this smug prick and that permanent shit-eating grin on his face. It's like he has no other facial expression. And the fat fuck should lose a few pounds while he's at it.

by Anonymousreply 402/23/2012

Wow. I just realized how long I've been in a recession because I can't remember the last time I took a cab.

by Anonymousreply 502/23/2012

I was really shocked to learn he wasn't Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 602/23/2012

i hate his little racist schtick with the sidekick.

by Anonymousreply 702/23/2012

Oh Adam, get over it. You lost.

by Anonymousreply 802/23/2012

I like him because Star Jones hates him.

by Anonymousreply 902/23/2012

R6 I thought he was Jewish. What the hell is he?

That unnecessary censorship bit is pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 1002/23/2012

His favorite food:

by Anonymousreply 1102/23/2012

He looks like a fat Tom Hanks. And he seems like a pure sleaze.

by Anonymousreply 1202/23/2012

Jimmy Fallon is the one I can't stand.

by Anonymousreply 1302/23/2012

He and Sarah Silverman were one of the all-time great "kind of cute couples of annoying people." Although I've come to like Sarah outside her standup.

by Anonymousreply 1402/23/2012

Every time I see Kimmel, I think of him as a permanent celebrity roast MC.

He has that sleazy, D list Vegas vibe about him.

Fallon is closeted, according to another poster here who seemed to be in the know. I forget the original thread, but it was recent.

by Anonymousreply 1502/23/2012

What's his beef (fake obviously) with Matt Damon?

by Anonymousreply 1602/23/2012

Think he's half Italian, half German.

by Anonymousreply 1702/23/2012

I second the motion....

by Anonymousreply 1802/23/2012

He's Catholic

by Anonymousreply 1902/23/2012

He isn't fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 2002/23/2012

Yes he is definitely the smug one.

by Anonymousreply 2102/23/2012

I don't watch either Jimmy but like Fallon better. He seems less of a prick.

by Anonymousreply 2202/23/2012

Yeah, I also just assumed he was Jewish. OP is right that he is a little smug and smirky, but he doesn't bug me that much. I watch him once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 2302/23/2012

I like him.

I find Republican politicians to be vomit worthy.

by Anonymousreply 2402/23/2012

Sarah Silverman left him totally out of her autobiography "Bedwetter", and they were together for several years.

by Anonymousreply 2507/21/2012

I think he's funny. Not enough to watch his show, though.

by Anonymousreply 2607/21/2012

I like him. He was on Kathy Griffin's horrendous talk show and she was doing her usual "I'm down with the gays" schtick, and he seemed perfectly at ease sitting with "her gays", letting them bite his earlobes, and playing the gay terminology quiz. Made me like him more. Most straight guys, especially those in the public eye, would panic if put in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 2707/21/2012

I prefer him to Fallon, Conan and Leno but I don't watch his show unless it's by accident.

by Anonymousreply 2807/21/2012

I finger fucked Jimmy Kimmel in the back of a Doubletree courtesy van.

by Anonymousreply 2907/21/2012

I felt for him when he had to do his show after his Uncle Frank died. He could barely get through the monologue from being so choked up.

by Anonymousreply 3007/21/2012

I love his unneccessary censorship videos

by Anonymousreply 3107/21/2012

Talentless, which is obviously a requirement for one's own show, nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 3207/21/2012

He has a weird face. The fat pockets around his eyes make him look like he's constantly squinting; you can't quite see his eyeballs.

And he's not funny. I've seen clips of his schtick but I have never once watched his show.

by Anonymousreply 3407/21/2012

I like him, very dry and clever humor. He is one the very few hosts that makes his guests laugh genuinely, not because they feel they have to. And its funny to watch.

And he's not nearly as smug as Leno and Letterman, who are both on their own planets of smug.

by Anonymousreply 3507/21/2012

I liked the videos people sent him when he asked parents to prank their kids and tell them that the parents ate all of the kids' Halloween candy. The last two boys were flown to CA to be on tje show and the staff took the family to Disneyland which the dad said he could never have afforded to do.

by Anonymousreply 3607/21/2012

Yes, that vid is beyond adorable!

by Anonymousreply 3707/21/2012

I get Kimmel & Fallon mixed up. Both named Jimmy, & they even kind of look alike. Don't really care about either of them.

by Anonymousreply 3807/21/2012

They really don't look anything alike

by Anonymousreply 3907/21/2012

Love his show, and you can tell so do his guests.

by Anonymousreply 4007/21/2012

I think he's a cutie. And he's well built and not afraid to exploit it for laughs.

by Anonymousreply 4107/21/2012

Used to hate him with a passion. But grew, over the years and SHOCKING to myself, to really like him. Seen him do too many gay friendly, kind and sweet things on his show to hate him. Now, I never DID like the whole Guiermo (sp?) thing and don't think any of the ethic stuff is the least bit funny. Just FLAT. But Kimmel has good writers and has grown into his own show. But it took years.

by Anonymousreply 4207/22/2012

[quote]Here in New York, you can't escape him because his little video vignettes play in the back of cabs all over the city.

It must be awful when there's no escape.

It's not like there are buses and subways and sidewalks in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 4307/22/2012

I've started liking him recently. There's something sincere about him, and he really does listen to his guests. He's tolerant and open-minded. The opposite of that asshole Adam Carolla. He's also honest about whatever is going on in his personal life. He said a few years ago that on Saturday afternoons, he feels exhausted and depressed, and just needs to lay down and take a nap. I am the same way, and have never heard anyone else say that.

by Anonymousreply 4407/22/2012

The nice thing about the internet, better than TV, wide choices allow that I never have to veg in front of one these Tonight shows.

by Anonymousreply 4507/22/2012

Haven't watched Jimmy in a while . . . does he still say "Goodnight Mrs. Calabash wherever you are" at the end of each show?

by Anonymousreply 4607/22/2012

I haven't watched late night TV in ages, but could somebody please explain to me the appeal of Jimmy Kimmel? He seems like a snarky little nobody who landed a show and tries to raise his stock by taking sides in the big boy battles.

Who the fuck watches him and what's so great about him?

by Anonymousreply 4701/08/2013

I don't really watch anything he does, but I do have a tiny bit of personal experience with him. I was a contestant on "Win Ben Stein's Money" a while back (a LONG while back) when Jimmy was the host. While Ben, who is apparently otherwise a total tool, was very friendly and interactive with all of the contestants during the breaks in the action, Jimmy was a total diva. He would always go off the set, or be discussing something with one of his assistants.

by Anonymousreply 4801/08/2013

I have no opinion on Jimmy Kimmel, but one could certainly describe David Letterman's humor as "smirky," and a whole lot of people seem to think he's very funny.

by Anonymousreply 4901/08/2013

No one else would have dared to create Oprah's Book Club Fight Club.

Hi. Lar. Eee. Us.

by Anonymousreply 5001/08/2013

he's sexy to me, which makes my best friend writhe in agony, and that only encourages me to chug his baby batter

by Anonymousreply 5101/08/2013

What is so fantastic about Leno, Eldergays?

I like Kimmel and don't get a sleazy vibe from him at all. I appreciate that he's honest in his hatred of Leno. All the late night hosts hate Leno. Kimmel is great friends with Letterman, Fallon, Conan, etc so he's hardly sleazy and one of those guys would probably be #1 in the ratings if you online ratings were included in the ratings system.

He is friends with Matt Damon and it is just a running gag on the show that they ran out of time so Matt Damon won't be on tonight.

by Anonymousreply 5201/08/2013

this thread is a hatchet job.

by Anonymousreply 5301/08/2013

r41

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 5401/09/2013

He really brought his ay game last night. Leno watch out!

by Anonymousreply 5501/09/2013

Consider...

by Anonymousreply 5601/09/2013

[quote]am I the only one who finds this smug little troll irritating?

Yes, OP, you're the only one because you're so very, very special.

by Anonymousreply 5701/09/2013

He's funny and charming.

by Anonymousreply 5801/09/2013

I think his segments and videos are really funny. Jimmy Fallon's segments are usually just stupid and painfully unfunny. He just plays stupid games. Anyone see the unfunny play reading of The Trouble with Copz?

by Anonymousreply 5901/09/2013

After pot jabs, Jimmy Kimmel invited to be commencement speaker

January 9, 2013 | 6:30 pm

Proving that academics at the highest level can have a sense of humor, campus leaders at Humboldt State have invited Jimmy Kimmel to speak at this year’s commencement after a monologue in which the comedian skewered a campus center devoted to studying marijuana.

During a "Jimmy Kimmel Live" episode that aired on Nov. 27, Kimmel joked about the Humboldt Institute for Interdisciplinary Marijuana Research, saying that to get into the school “you have to fail a lot of very rigorous drug tests.”

The institute, Kimmel deadpans, plans lectures and research on how marijuana relates to economics, geography, politics, psychology and sociology, but “they’ll probably just end up playing Ultimate Frisbee.”

The three-minute segment also included a mock promotional video in which prospective students are invited to prepare themselves for a “low-pressure career in such exciting fields” as dog walking, snow board rental, pizza delivery, dressing up as Chewbacca, and “living in a van and selling friendship bracelets and patchouli oil.”

The broadcast created a buzz that went viral on YouTube and on social media sites.

Humboldt County is known for its marijuana farms that proliferate in the rural, densely-forested North Coast region.

Campus leaders took note, and not to be outdone, invited Kimmel to address students at commencement ceremonies scheduled for May 18, or if his schedule doesn’t permit, to visit the Arcata campus in the fall for a lecture or performance.

“We thought some of your lines were actually pretty funny, as did many on campus,” wrote college President Rollin C. Richmond and student government President Ellyn Henderson, in a Dec. 17 letter to Kimmel. “However, like many students and alumni we also felt you shortchanged Humboldt State University, portraying all of our students as pot-obsessed slackers. That is not fair and this invitation offers you a chance to grow a little and make up for it.”

“Besides,” the letter continues, “we figure you owe us. Humboldt State provided you with just over 3 minutes of pretty good material.”

The college has yet to receive a reply from the late night talk-show host, said spokesman Jarad Petroske.

“We figured we’d turn up the fire by putting it out there this week not only to the campus but to local media to see if could get viral action going on a response,” Petroske said.

Petroske acknowledged that despite topics such as regulatory reform, Dutch drug policies and the impact of marijuana toxicants on forest wildlife, reaction to the institute has been less than sober. But the goal is rigorous scholarship and improving the dialogue of the public policy debate.

“The important thing is that the institute continues to do important work ... in all facets of ways marijuana is impacting society," he said. "It may provide low-hanging fruit for comedians but this is serious work that needs to be done.”

The institute, which began operation in April, doesn’t offer classes, training programs or advocacy but acts as an information clearinghouse for lawmakers, health professionals, business and media. It began a speaker’s series this fall and conducts research on such issues as the impact of marijuana production on the local economy and the long-term effects on fetuses in utero or children early in life who are exposed to marijuana.

Kimmel could not be reached for comment. A show spokeswoman said the comedian had just returned from hiatus and may not have seen the Humboldt State invite.

Kimmel has been outspoken in his views on marijuana, including remarks at a 2012 White House Correspondents Dinner at which he told President Obama that “marijuana is something that real people care about.”

He is featured on the latest cover of Rolling Stone under the headline, “Here’s Jimmy! A Very Stoned Encounter With Late Night’s New Contender.”

by Anonymousreply 6001/09/2013

He's mean and unpleasant. I can't stand people who pull practical jokes--it's a nasty power thing. (Hello, Mel Gibson.)

by Anonymousreply 6201/09/2013

I'm not old-fashioned, but I agree with R62. What idiot would make their kids cry just to film it and see it on a talk show? Where is the humor? Maybe, Kimmel should have tried it with his own kids first.

Now, blocking the TV during the football game was funny and harmless.

by Anonymousreply 6301/09/2013

Oh for fuck's sake, lighten up. Will those kids in R36's video be harmed for life? NO.

I'm really sick and tired of people like R62 and R63. Gain some perspective and a sense of humor you hand-wringing crones.

by Anonymousreply 6401/09/2013

Boy, talk about a thread full of bitter assholes. How many talk shows do all of YOU people have? I think he's funny and I also adore Jimmy Fallon. Fallon is more talented and Kimmel would agree, I bet. They both have grown into their shows and developed themselves from when they started their shows. Conan O'Brien did the same. He was horrendous when he started, painful even. But he got funnier and funnier.

If you don't like either of these two talk show hosts/entertainers you should look inward. It's about YOU, not them. What is it about them that triggers your response? They are both likeable, decent fellows doing well in the ratings. They are not Kardashians or Andy Cohen or other obnoxious TV personalities that everyone seems to hate.

by Anonymousreply 6501/09/2013

Perspective on what, R64? Teasing a small child until they cry to get on tv? Please explain where the humor is in that?

by Anonymousreply 6601/10/2013

Am I the only one that found the "I'm Fucking Ben Affleck" thing a bit annoying, almost offensive? Under some guise of cool hipster humor, it still did the old school bullshit of making the notion of two men being attracted to each other into a joke. Especially that almost kiss where you can hear the audience mumbling as the two get closer. And that telethon.

Over it.

by Anonymousreply 6701/10/2013

I've never liked him. Can't stand that smug attitude and that shitty smirk on his face.

I remember when his show first came on thinking, "This shitty show will be cancelled in no time". Imagine my suprise that this piece of shit show is still on 10 years later.

It must be white 20-somethings that watch him.

by Anonymousreply 6801/10/2013

Well to answer OP, the appeal of Kimmel and Fallon is that their shows are different. I can't believe that Leno still has animals on The Tonight Show. I clicked around last night and caught that. Leno was NOT into it and seemed to be sleep-walking through the entire show. The only thing I can say in Leno's defense is that maybe he has the animals on b/c that's what they have always done traditionally on The Tonight Show so maybe it's mandated. Regardless, if Leno can't do it properly (and he can't and will never be Johnny Carson), he shouldn't do it at all.

So the appeal of Fallon and Kimmel is that their shows are fresh. Fallon has games, skits, musically-inclined stuff and Kimmel has skits, unnecessary censorship, Kimmel Kartoons,etc. Tonight Show keeps doing the same old tired shit. I"m with R65 and other fans all the way.

No disrespect to Conan and Letterman but I will say that they have some tired old mannerisms too. Letterman with moving his tie around, repeating running jokes throughout the show, etc and Conan with moving his hairline around, etc. At least Kimmel and Fallon don't have distracting nervous ticks that are played off as comedic.

by Anonymousreply 6901/10/2013

R65, I don't find Kimmel funny.

I don't think that requires a lot of self-analysis.

I don't analyze why I think others like Jimmy Fallon are funny.

by Anonymousreply 7001/10/2013

I really like Fallon. Dave Letterman is pretty much over and destroyed by his own bitterness. Leno seems like a nice guy I guess, but I haven't watched him in years.

I have no idea what the hate is about that Kimmel apparently has for Leno, but Kimmel seems like he's a kiss ass and, yes, greasy and gross.

Famed racist Don Imus LOVES Jimmy Kimmel and pushed his show every single day on the Imus show. Sadly I know this because my boyfriend watches the Imus show on television in the morning when we're getting ready for work. I hate the old fucker. Makes sense he'd be a fan of Kimmel.

by Anonymousreply 7101/10/2013

He posed for a Rolling Stone cover with his ass crack on display. That's reason enough for me to find him repugnant.

by Anonymousreply 7201/10/2013

The more I've watched this guy the more I find him tiresome. As someone in another thread mentioned, he seems to lobby guests to go on vacation with him.

Howard Stern also goes on and on about he and Jimmy being pals and travel buddies etc.

I hate incestuous celebrities who completely forget while they're famous and become so public caught up in their fame, famous friends and their money.

by Anonymousreply 7302/27/2014

And not a little, OP. Someone needs to explain the key to his success.

by Anonymousreply 7402/27/2014

No sir you are not. I started hating him during his Man Show years. People who see him as a role model seriously need to be shot to death.

by Anonymousreply 7502/27/2014

I was a contestant on "Win Ben Stein's Money" when Jimmy was the host/emcee. While Ben (who is a otherwise a jerk) was quite nice to me and all of the contestants, Jimmy (who really was pretty much a nobody back then) was a real diva and didn't talk to any of us off camera.

by Anonymousreply 7602/27/2014

I like Kimmel. He and Howard Stern are what they term "brothers"/close friends.

Kimmel's humor is fine. Not hilarious, but I'll watch him over the ahole David Letterman any night. Dave, the prune, and his white socks need to fade away.

Sarah S has talked about the enormity of Kimmel's peen.

by Anonymousreply 7702/27/2014

[quote]Sarah S has talked about the enormity of Kimmel's peen.

That's either a horrible insult, or R77 needs to look up "enormity."

by Anonymousreply 7802/27/2014

He's damn funny.

by Anonymousreply 7902/27/2014

I hate him! Bitter and smug. Not funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 8002/27/2014

I don't like looking at that cleft in Kimmel's chin - better known as Adam Carolla's jizz cup.

by Anonymousreply 8102/27/2014

I hate his humor--I find pranks and practical jokes juvenile and mean-spirited. He is a better interviewer than Jimmy Fallon, however.

by Anonymousreply 8202/27/2014

Is [R39] Sarah Silverman?

by Anonymousreply 8302/27/2014

He is panicking over Fallon. Fallon is charming everyone while Kimmell's humor is so mean spirited (the halloween candy thing was just awful).

So of course this week he sobbed on stage over a cancer victim child he brought on hte show.

He's trying to compete i think with fallon's charm.

by Anonymousreply 8402/27/2014

R78 Zoot, French speaker here. Another miserable error on my part?

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson. DL has been very helpful with English grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocab.

Kimmel has an enormous swinger, says Sarah S.

by Anonymousreply 8502/28/2014

No, i enjoy watching Kimmel. He is so much better than Fallon. At least he can conduct an interview.

Did you even see Fallon tonight? My partner and I watched and had to turn the channel, it was so bad, that skit waste paper basketball was horrible. We turned back just to see Denzel Washington and Fallon couldn't even interview him properly. Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 8602/28/2014

[quote]Kimmell's humor is so mean spirited

Huh? That's not accurate at all.

by Anonymousreply 8702/28/2014

I never did like him. Can't stand that shit-eating grin he always has on his face.

by Anonymousreply 8802/28/2014

R85 No ... "enormity" has unfortunately become somewhat accepted as a noun version of "enormous." I would venture to say that a majority of English speakers make the same mistake.

I am quite surprised to discover that you are not a native speaker of English, as the quality of your writing is otherwise excellent.

by Anonymousreply 8902/28/2014

Kimmel keeps doing obnoxious bits that literally make little kids cry. People want to feel good when they watch late night. Fallon has a sweetness - goodhearted vibe to him that is more appealing.

by Anonymousreply 9002/28/2014

ouch 89

by Anonymousreply 9102/28/2014

I looked up the definition of the world, "luck," in the dictionary and there was his picture.

by Anonymousreply 9202/28/2014

[quote]Talentless, which is obviously a requirement for one's own show, nowadays.

Not to compare the two, but what "talent" did "King" Johnny Carson have besides being affable? Jimmy seems friendly enough and a lot of celebrities like him, which is why he makes for a good talk-show host. He also is at ease in front of an audience, which is why he gets a lot of m.c. gigs.

You want smug and condescending? Take a listen to Jimmy's pal Adam Carolla.

by Anonymousreply 9302/28/2014

Ok I guess I'm the only one here who finds him sexy? Id do him and that's why I sometimes watch him. I pay little attention to what he or other Iate night show hosts say.

by Anonymousreply 9402/28/2014

He's a 47 year old unfunny frat boy.

by Anonymousreply 9502/28/2014

He's an asshole

by Anonymousreply 9603/04/2014

I'd like an honest answer because I'm not sure: in Kimmel/Carolla's relationship, who do you think was the top and who do think was the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 9703/04/2014

Kimmel actually said that almost nobody would vote in this interim election. Then he played his own video of some actor doing a stupid political ad. People like that shouldn't get air time. The only way this country will get better is by boycotting anybody (like Kimmel) who puts down the vote. Short of insurrection, our votes are the best we have to change the direction of the country we all love.

Boycott Kimmel and anyone else who doesn't want a better America. I guess he's got a little money and doesn't think to care. There are few enough people on the airwaves who do want to make a difference that we don't need losers like him fouling our air space

by Anonymousreply 9811/04/2014

He's not funny. He has no talent.

Thats what it takes to have your own show.

What's the fucking point?

by Anonymousreply 9904/22/2015

What kind of diet is he on? Someone mentioned it on DL but I forget the name of it, he restricts his calorie intake for a few days but then eats whatever he wants for 2 days? something like that...

He looks great. I think he is funny and not a total kiss ass host like Fallon.

by Anonymousreply 10004/22/2015

I like him and his humor. You can tell he doesn't take it seriously.

I have not been able to watch more than a couple of minutes of Fallon. Watching Fallon is like being back in 8th grade making fart jokes. Guess I'm just tired of watching old SNL performers.

Dave has mellowed some but it's more that he just doesn't care anymore.

by Anonymousreply 10104/22/2015
Need more help? Click Here.