Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

MADtv

The awesomeness that is MADtv - the Debra Wilson/Whitney parodies were a reminder.

This is one of my favorites:

by Anonymousreply 4012/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 102/21/2012

"I wasn't talking to you, Betty Cracka!"

by Anonymousreply 202/21/2012

Mad TV wasn't as sharp in its final years but it was amazing its first 8 seasons until maybe Wilson (the last original cast member) departed.

Even so, there were still flashes of brilliance in its final years. Yet people kept talking about Maya Rudolph's Oprah like she was on target.

I'm glad to see many cast members have gone on.

by Anonymousreply 302/21/2012

What happened to Ike? He was the only good looking guy on the show.

by Anonymousreply 402/21/2012

Ummmmmm, those first posts weren't from Madtv.

by Anonymousreply 502/21/2012

This one will ALWAYS be my favourite:

by Anonymousreply 602/21/2012

No, THIS is my favourite:

by Anonymousreply 702/21/2012

[quote]Don't forget Josh Meyers, who is way sexier than his brother on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 802/22/2012

What a nice way to start a tribute to MADtv...with clips from "In Living Color." Thanks, OP and R1!

by Anonymousreply 902/22/2012

It's not so much different when you look at the thread about Maya Rudolph's (back then) upcoming SNL episode that features mostly MadTV clips from Debra Wilson doing Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 1002/22/2012

I actually tore one off to the video in [R6]. Two hot hot guys!

by Anonymousreply 1102/22/2012

[R9] I'm the OP…and that wasn't what I pasted in there…it was a Ms. Swan link to a MADtv sketch.

Hmmm…..*scratching head*

by Anonymousreply 1202/22/2012

Here was what was SUPPOSED to be in the first post(s):

by Anonymousreply 1302/22/2012

I love "can I have your number?"

It's almost creepy but the fact that "Darrel" is played by a woman makes it hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 1402/22/2012

But Darrel….he look like-a man!

by Anonymousreply 1502/23/2012

I never watched Mad TV that much but Darrel is a classic.

Has anyone been watching Key & Peele on Comedy Central? They were on during the last few years of Mad TV and it's not FANTASTIC but it's very likable, they're both kind of cute, and it boggles the mind that Lorne Michaels thought it'd be a better idea to keep buying brown stage makeup for Fred Armisen than to hire Jordan Peele to play Obama. It's on after eldergay lech fave Tosh.0!

by Anonymousreply 1602/23/2012

Debra Wilson's Whitney was the best. Maya Rudolphs sucks.

My favorite line is when Whitney (Wilson) and Bobby are fighting over who gets to use the phone to call their drug dealer and Whitney says "That's my phone Bobby, I bought that phone with my You Give Good Love money!"

by Anonymousreply 1702/24/2012

I saw the MADtv Bobby/Whitney/Diane Sawyer thing first. When I actually went back to watch the real deal, I was shocked at how much I thought was too crazy to be anything but part of the joke was actually from the original interview.

by Anonymousreply 1802/24/2012

Any info on Bryan Callen? He is so beautiful.

Not much info out there at all, but I think he's at least bi or dabbled in some man loving no matter what he claims today - he has kids apparently. He has this fake voice now, gotta love that voice and tries way too hard.

Compare and contrast:

by Anonymousreply 1904/26/2013

15 years later

by Anonymousreply 2004/26/2013

His voice was sorta high and he seemed a bit sensitive when he was on Mad TV.

by Anonymousreply 2104/26/2013

Bryan Callen seems to show up as guest on a lot of TV shows. HIMYM, Reba, King of Queens, SATC, Up All Night.

by Anonymousreply 2204/26/2013

I love Nicole Parker sending up both Feist and iPod.

by Anonymousreply 2304/26/2013

I saw Paul Vogt as Edna in two different productions of "Hairspray" last year. I guess that's his bread and butter now.

by Anonymousreply 2504/26/2013

I wish Stephnie Weir was in more stuff.

by Anonymousreply 2604/26/2013

Stephnie Weir is now a producer and/or writer on "Raising Hope." She should write herself a good recurring role; she'd fit in well in that universe.

The complete second season of MADTV was just released on DVD and season 3 is scheduled for release this summer. I wish some streaming service would offer the entire series.

BTW, as much as I dislike Artie Lange I still laugh at this "That's My White Mama" sketch.

by Anonymousreply 2704/26/2013

Mo Collins, Weir, Debra Wilson and Paul Vogt are wonderful talents. Where are their big careers?

At least the dwarf woman is making a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 2804/26/2013

MadTV was always better than SNL during the years it was on.

by Anonymousreply 2904/26/2013

swf @ R24 yeah I've saw The Hangover and while it was fine I didn't like it enough to watch the sequel.

I think someone wrote a fake bio on Bryan Callen's Imdb page, it's no longer there but it said he suffered from depression and was suicidal at times which just does not compute with those recent videos.

He's a stand up comedian and is in a lot of TV shows, I saw him last week in Death Valley. He was on this teen show as a father who sexually abused his son.

He's not pretty like he was in his MADtv days, but is just as hot in a different way, very rugged and masculine.

by Anonymousreply 3004/29/2013

I loved it but it did suck at first, an obvious In Living Color rip-off, and a bad one as far as I'm concerned. But it must've found its target audience since it stayed on. Finally it got really good in 1999, and stayed great until maybe '03 or so, when the quality started tapering off. They released the first season on dvd and it flopped, cancelled any plans to release the rest. Well the first season sucked, so I'm not surprised it didn't sell.

The classic turn-of-the-century cast had so many talented women, the women really ruled that show, as talented as many of the men were.

by Anonymousreply 3104/29/2013

People seem to prefer Debra Wilson's Whitney sketches, but it was her Oprah that got me, especially the one where she transforms into a vampire. I was laughing so hard the first time I saw that I was crying.

by Anonymousreply 3204/30/2013

Mo Collins Vadge skits were genius, much better than French & Saunders.

by Anonymousreply 3306/17/2013
by Anonymousreply 3406/17/2013
by Anonymousreply 3506/17/2013

The Jacko parodies were also gold. I'm surprised how far they go, wasn't this on Fox? Then again they had Married with Children.

Hotter than the real Justin

by Anonymousreply 3606/17/2013

r6 this is along those lines

by Anonymousreply 3706/17/2013

I liked Cabana Chat with Dixie Wexworth. The same actress did a hilarious Streisand in the parody film 'Sisters' on that program.

by Anonymousreply 3806/17/2013

Whiney screws up the classics

by Anonymousreply 3906/17/2013

Bunifa at the movies. Debra Wilson is so underrated.

by Anonymousreply 4012/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.