Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Facebook's "Top Commentator"

I just received this next to my name after I replied to something on buzzfeed, and on another site. I do frequent certain places and comment. This thing just appeared.

What does this actually mean? How do you get that "status"?

by Anonymousreply 3705/23/2015

1) To get the Top Commenter title, your comments on the social plugin must all be high quality and it must be something that is liked by people. Your actual Facebook account’s data is different from this, and all you have to do is post comments which are “liked” by other people.

2) Another way to get Top Commenter title is to keep posting comments, whether it is absolutely necessary or not (but definitely not spam), to all the webpages you visit, having Facebook comments enabled. This would eventually make you get some likes, after which you get to become a commenter.

by Anonymousreply 102/20/2012

i am a top commenter :)

by Anonymousreply 307/18/2012

it means you don't suck at life... congrats...

(i am a top commenter, and barely ever comment. nor do i live on facebook.)

'Top commenters' -- from what i've seen appear to post valuable statements, that give a point of view. And are

by Anonymousreply 502/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 602/09/2013

R4 Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2013

Top Commentator: "He's in! He's going ALL the way!"

by Anonymousreply 902/09/2013

Do your comments on other sites appear on your Facebook feed for all your friends to to see? I've always wondered since some people post really racist stuff on the message boards.

by Anonymousreply 1002/09/2013

move the fuck on

by Anonymousreply 1104/15/2013

Racists on facebook feeds usually garner lots of "likes" by fellow bigots.

by Anonymousreply 1204/15/2013

Just means you have above a certain amount of likes (like 10 or something) on a website that uses Facebook commenting system.

by Anonymousreply 1609/07/2013

[R15] is part right. It could mean that you are just one of the common simple minded mass. What that could also mean is that you are awesome and people really like you.

It could also go to show you that social media affects us all to much.. Or it means something different for everyone. Or it doesn't mean a thing and discussing it is pointless.

by Anonymousreply 1709/21/2013

You need to go outside and play.

by Anonymousreply 1809/21/2013

I just googled this because I saw "top commenter" next to my name on a site. I am on Facebook a couple of times per day to see what's what, but I certainly don't live on it. I have too much shit to do on Reddit. HAW HAW

by Anonymousreply 2009/23/2013

It means that you're too dumb to disable Facebook connect, so everywhere you go and everything you say is tracked and connected to Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 2109/24/2013

Btw, "commentator" is NOT A WORD.

by Anonymousreply 2209/24/2013

Some people use Facebook popularity to market their crap, whatever it is.

Some people just Like a lot of cat videos.

by Anonymousreply 2309/24/2013

Cheap Buy Kevin Durant Shoes,Derrick Rose Shoes,Lebron Shoes Sale 2013

by Anonymousreply 2411/08/2013

You're the best. Thanks for the article :)

by Anonymousreply 2512/30/2013

You're the best. Thanks for the article :)

by Anonymousreply 2612/30/2013

Give it up, OP. We don't give out such titles here.

Don't be a grade grubber!

by Anonymousreply 2712/30/2013

I got that title and i don't even comment on much, its normaly just to insult morons, i thought it was facebook being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 2802/28/2014

As a Facebook user I like people who comment. Those who just lazily hit 'like' for everything are useless and bring nothing to the table.

by Anonymousreply 2902/28/2014

I just comment on an anime site that has changed it's format to use the facebook social connect as the video comment system now. I was curious as to why I had gotten this, but it definitely seems that facebooks standards for "top comenters" is pretty low because I usually just post a little blurb saying whether the show I watched was good or not. Either way I think that this topic is a little blown out of proportion, especially for something as simple as this.

by Anonymousreply 3004/05/2014

I deleted my whole FBook bullshit thing last week. I'm a free man now and it feels great. Besides, FBook is for Grandmas now, not for us hipsters. Be cool and rule the school, dude.

by Anonymousreply 3104/05/2014

be cool and rule the school... this guy would have been a top commentator.

by Anonymousreply 3205/10/2014

It actually depends on how many replies you get on your comments. Or how people liked your comment. Sometime by using some plugins the admins can choose top commentator as per their wish. I might be wrong but that is what i know.

by Anonymousreply 3306/29/2014

OP is a humblebragger ... but no one cares, really.

by Anonymousreply 3406/29/2014

Oh I get it. Top Commentator equals loser...

by Anonymousreply 3510/01/2014

A Top Commenter means a commenter who is a "top", as opposed to a bottom. You have been outed, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3610/01/2014

top commenter is the one who rocks guys :D not the loser

by Anonymousreply 3705/23/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!