Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Taylor Swift and Rihanna

Do they have ANY known talent? Can either of them sing an entire song on pitch? They seem to be the creations of the media and of a music industry driven by technology, not talent. Hollow profit centers who owe a great debt to Kanye and Chris for their careers.

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2012

Taylor Swift writes all of her own songs.

by Anonymousreply 102/19/2012

I met some musicians who worked with Swift. They said she can barely sing a single line of a song that doesn't need to be autotuned. Maybe she should write songs for others to sing - people who can sing on pitch.

by Anonymousreply 202/19/2012

Is she actually writing these songs, or is she co-writing, where the other people do most of the work?

by Anonymousreply 302/19/2012

Her last album lists her as the sole writer on all the songs, the one before that lists her as sole composer on all but a few.

by Anonymousreply 402/19/2012

Many major artists insist on co-authorship credit and a portion of the songwwriting royalties as a condition of recording songs written entirely by others. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 502/19/2012

Even if Taylor Swift actually did write her own songs, the songs suck eggs. But I know she actually doesn't. She comes up with a couple of words, usually with the prompting of her producers and she sits in the studio while producers and musicians write the music with (for) her. This is why she gets so many cold shoulders at the CMAs.

by Anonymousreply 602/19/2012

I hate Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 702/19/2012

She looks like a weasel.

by Anonymousreply 802/19/2012

I hate them both, and yes they are hollow profit centers. Ugh. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 902/19/2012

If Taylor Swift is the "Happy" Brand Cookie Bar, 5 for $1 at Dollarama, Rihanna is the piece of cardboard in the package that keeps the Cookie Bar from breaking.

by Anonymousreply 1002/19/2012

"Hollow profit centers who owe a great debt to Kanye and Chris for their careers."

Taylor Swift sold most of her albums BEFORE the Kanye incident.

I agree that she's a bad singer, though.

And Rihanna is even worse. Now there's someone who owes all her success to songwriters and producers.

by Anonymousreply 1102/19/2012

Rihanna has fivehead as well. They buried America's best female singer this morning.

by Anonymousreply 1202/19/2012

Welcome to the Bimbo era of music.

by Anonymousreply 1310/11/2012

Swift can't carry a tune in a bucket. Without autotune, she would be laughed off the stage.

by Anonymousreply 1410/11/2012

Without 12 year old girls making up the audience, she would be laughed off stage.

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2012

I work with two women who's kids go to the same school & they're friends. They decided to take the kids to a Taylor Swift concert because the kids, aged 12, were crazy about Taylor Swift.

Even these two white bread, middle class, ordinary people thought her show was boring. This was two years ago. They said she was just terrible and they couldn't wait until their kids outgrew Taylor. Which, to all reports, they now have. They are going on 15 and love One Direction. Taylor who?

I like Rihanna. She's edgy and she puts on a really good show. One of the things I like is how unexpected celebrities show up to perform with her. Big stuff, too, like Adam Levine or Eminem, Kanye, Bono, etc. Maybe now she's back with Chris Brown she will shoot him and become even more famous.

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2012

Do people remember that DISASTROUS duet Swift did with Stevie Nicks, ironically titled Rhianon? The bitch was OFF when she had to harmonize. Nicks looked pissed.

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2012

Rihanna puts on a horrible show. No stage presence. And she's lazy. She just stands there and lip syncs. BORING. There's nothing to her but some tunes her producers wrote for her. There's no 'there' there.

You can tell she doesn't even really enjoy being a pop star.

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2012

R6, I heard there are professional "song polishers" in Nashville that Taylor Swift works with to "fix" her "songs." I've also heard Taylor's very underhanded and thin-skinned.

She'll be very gushy friendly to her musicians, crew, etc. even her marketing staff people, but if she takes offense at something you say or you don't say, or something she was hoping you'd do orthat you would not do, she will grin, and compliment you, even impulsively buy you little inexpensive trinkets or gifts, and then get you fired.

She does not inspire loyalty except for a few psychophants around her mother, and some other toadies who love the paycheck. Her mother is one of those "ever watchful" types who doesn't trust anyone and who thinks Taylor needs to be protected from all the scoundresl who want to "use her."

As she matures into her 20's she is turning into a not very nice person, but one who is very polite.

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2012

My cousin in-law has had some marginal success in country music. He writes all his own stuff. On his second album he "worked" with co-writers (another artist on his label who is slightly more well known), but we had all heard the songs before and they did not sound any different. I think there are varying amounts of collaboration in the song writing process. Beyonce is another artist who I've heard gets more song writing credit than she's due.

As far as Swift, I don't understand why she can't sing in tune. Isn't there any way to train her ear better? I mean she can't possibly hear herself when she's singing.

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2012

Taylor n Stevie

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2012

So in summary, Taylor Swift is a vile, vindictive person who takes the credit for other peoples work and publicly supports anti-gay right wing politicians...

Got it!

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!