Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Amanda Knox reportedly signs $4 million book deal

NEW YORK — Amanda Knox has reportedly signed a nearly $4 million book deal with HarperCollins to tell the story of her conviction and subsequent acquittal in the stabbing death of her British roommate in Italy.

The deal for the 24-year-old American student's memoir followed a days-long heated auction among publishing houses, The New York Times reported, citing people familiar with the negotiations.

Robert B. Barnett, a Washington lawyer known for representing high-profile authors, brokered the deal.

Knox, now a Seattle resident, and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, were freed on appeal from a prison in Perugia last October after serving four years for the stabbing death of Knox's roommate, Meredith Kercher.

During her time in prison, Knox kept regular diaries that will be used to shape the book, The Times reported.

Her legal troubles flared up again this week when Italian prosecutors filed an appeal of the decision to acquit Knox and Sollecito, saying they remained convinced of the pair's guilt.

Sollecito, currently living in Italy, is planning to shop his own memoir, possibly later this month, The Times said.

by Anonymousreply 7905/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 102/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 202/16/2012

She deserves every last cent of the $4 million. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 302/16/2012

This is working out very well for her!

by Anonymousreply 402/16/2012

That's disgusting. Murder pays.

by Anonymousreply 502/16/2012

Gee have any of the hundreds of black prisoners released from DNA-innocence projects in the states made millions off book or tv deals? No, not even one even though they all spent much more time in jail than Ms. Knox.

And they were really innocent.

by Anonymousreply 602/16/2012

Blondes DO get away with murder.

by Anonymousreply 702/16/2012

Bombshell tonight! Unleash the lawyers!

by Anonymousreply 802/16/2012

She was lucky. No way is her story worth that much. But if peoplea are stupid enough to pay her that much money, then she should take it.

This is a symbol of what's wrong with our culture. Worthless skank makes four million.

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2012

R9, you're so precious!! Can I have your phone number? Maybe you can help me find the killer of my baby?

by Anonymousreply 1102/16/2012

Casey dear, you're getting nothin'. You killed your baaaaabay. Oh yes, you did.

by Anonymousreply 1202/16/2012

Will it be a "how to" on how to get away with murder?

by Anonymousreply 1302/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 1402/16/2012

What are her total legal fees?

by Anonymousreply 1502/16/2012

I would not wish her ordeal on anyone. Glad she got home safe.

She had boyfriend and was at his apt. while room-mate had other men at their apt.

They talked about her DNA being around the crime scene, which was her own apt.

by Anonymousreply 1602/16/2012

What a cunt. Luckily she doesn't have an ounce of integrity, otherwise she'd feel compelled to donate a good portion of that $4M to the family of Meredith Kercher.

by Anonymousreply 1702/16/2012

r17, her family had to sell their house to defend her. She was found NOT Guilty.

by Anonymousreply 1802/16/2012

She's a classic narcissistic bitch. I have known 2 other women who acted in exactly the ways she is described as acting, and I believe each were capable of murder had things not gone their way. Ironically, they were both American and both teaching overseas. Both were used to being the centre of attention in their small towns and neither coped very well when they realized they were no longer the prettiest or most talented.

by Anonymousreply 1902/16/2012

R19, glad you are not a Judge.

by Anonymousreply 2002/16/2012

r20, I say that as a bystander who has read most of the details of the case. Of course you are welcome to think she is innocent. Nothing is set in stone and I have probably twisted some facts to suit my own ideas. But until you meet women (and men) like this, you have no idea what they are capable of. They are so envious and entitled and really do see themselves as above the law. It is scary stuff.

by Anonymousreply 2102/16/2012

What R9 said.

by Anonymousreply 2202/16/2012

I hope she donates some money to the family of the killed girl. But somehow I doubt she will.

by Anonymousreply 2302/16/2012

[quote]and I have probably twisted some facts to suit my own ideas.

That's an understatement. And if you really knew any details about this case, you would lean far more towards her innocence. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 2402/16/2012

r24 - bullshit. She's guilty as sin. I don't understand how you can even see her as anything but guilty. If they didn't do it, who did? What 'facts' do YOU have to disprove she did it? She suffered a narcissistic rage and killed someone who didn't bow down to her. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 2502/16/2012

Now the whole world gonna see how mean them Eye-talians been to Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 2602/16/2012

There are just too much evidence against her to believe in her innocence. 1. The false accusation of her boss Patrick Lumumba.

2. Her presence at the scene of the crime by her own admission.

3. The bloody foot print in Meredith's room matching her shoe size.

4. The staged break-in.

5. The receipt for the cleaning supplies that she purchased in the early morning hours before she an Raffealle called the Carbineri.

6. She claimed to be with Raffeale all night, Raffeale denied this.

7. Rudy Guede was no stranger, Amanda bought drugs from him.

I could go on and on but you get the idea.

by Anonymousreply 2702/16/2012

She's innocent, but I think this is tacky. But then again, I've never been falsely accused of murder and imprisoned. I may want the money from writing a book after that.

by Anonymousreply 2802/16/2012

[quote]The false accusation of her boss Patrick Lumumba.

The only reason Patrick Lumumba is not rotting in prison today is because the police did their job, which is the same reason Amanda spent time in jail.

It's appalling to see so the lack of decency it takes to profit from Meredith's brutal murder like this.

by Anonymousreply 2902/16/2012

Kerchers should slap her with a wrongful death civil suit.

by Anonymousreply 3002/16/2012

R25, for the umpteenth time there was no dna or physical evidence that Knox or Sollecito were in the murder room. Guede's dna is all over the room and his blood is mixed with Kercher's. His bloody handprint is on the wall. Assuming a 3 on 1 bloody murder/orgy took place (the prosecutions contention) how did they leave no trace of their dna in the murder room? Kercher's blood is everywhere. All the prosecution had was a bra clasp with and infinitesimal amount of dna and it was unable to be retested because the Italian keystone cops put it it water and it rusted.

The corrupt prosecutor actually later said in an interview that maybe Knox was outside the room giving directions. Yes, this case would have been laughed out of an American courtroom. For all you people who continue to throw the race card, the facts are that 2 white people did 4 years in jail onthe false testimony of a black man.

by Anonymousreply 3102/16/2012

[quote]The false accusation of her boss Patrick Lumumba.

This is the point where it became obvious that she did it and that she's a sociopath as well. Fingering a man she knew had nothing to do with Meredith's murder is what a killer would do.

by Anonymousreply 3202/16/2012

R29, you don't know what you're talking about. The police fingered Lumumba. They knew they had hair fibers that were consistent with a black man and they knew Knox worked for a black man. They connected these dots on their own with the help of the prosecutor who has a history of prosecuting santanic cult murders (a product of his own imagination). They found that Knox had left the message "See you later" on Lumumba's phone and interpreted it literally. They didn't understand that it translates differently in America. They actually were certain that they had cracked the case at this point. They liked the case so much that they later simply plugged Guede in when his physical evidence showed up.

Most of the so called evidence that R27 mentions is based on a 43 hour coercive interrogation.

by Anonymousreply 3302/16/2012

Amanda and Raffaelle are innocent...not just "not guilty," they're innocent. No DNA, nothing, at the crime scene. The whole thing was a nightmare. It's right thing that they're free.

Yeah, $4 million is a lot of money. Is it crass? I don't know. But some people make a lot of money when they're innocent.

And some make nothing even when they're found "not guilty." Point in case: Casey Anthony.

by Anonymousreply 3402/16/2012

4 million? Why buy the book when you can check it out from the library?

by Anonymousreply 3602/16/2012

Knox told the police [Patrick] Lumumba was the killer of Kercher, thereby implicating herself as his accomplice. She said she had met Lumumba at the basketball court at 8:30 pm, before going with him to Via della Pergola 7.

Of the murder, she said: "I have a hard time remembering those moments but Patrick had sex with Meredith, with whom he was infatuated, but I cannot remember clearly whether he threatened Meredith first. I remember confusedly that he killed her."

by Anonymousreply 3702/16/2012

Have you fraus not heard of "conspiracy to commit murder"? You don't have to leave DNA, fingerprints, pull the trigger, or stab someone to be legally complicit.

by Anonymousreply 3802/16/2012

The independent court appointed experts had a long look at all the evidence and determined most of it to be bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3902/16/2012

If that's your case r38, then try it. You can't make it up as you go along.

by Anonymousreply 4002/16/2012

R35. A panel of judges heard all of this so-called evidence...and then heard as this evidence was totally discredited. Those trying to put Amanda and Raffaelle back in prison are trying to save face because they started a witch hunt, they railroaded the Italian justice system and now they're humiliated.

The appeals judges heard all of this so-called evidence. And they set A & R free. The appeals judges did the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 4102/17/2012

How do you know the appeals people weren't railroaded R41? The US actually put diplomatic pressure on Italy as I recall, you can't get more trouble than that.

by Anonymousreply 4202/17/2012

R42. The only pressure put on the appeals judges was to follow the evidence and review it impartially. It wasn't to show favoritism. It was to follow the evidence. They did. And as a result, the only logical and fair conclusion was to set Amanda and Raffaelle free.

by Anonymousreply 4302/17/2012

I don't know whether she is guilty or not but her behavior was definitely off. Her roommate is murdered but she does cartwheels in the police station?

She did not come across as very distraught or disturbed as most people would be.

by Anonymousreply 4402/17/2012

r44, I don't think she was guilty, but like you.. she is a little bizarre. very very immature.

by Anonymousreply 4502/17/2012

autistic? high functioning autism...

by Anonymousreply 4602/17/2012

She was a spoiled rich girl, which means there is still a good chance she did it.

by Anonymousreply 4702/17/2012

She might have been a CIA trainee, you don't know.

by Anonymousreply 4802/17/2012

R43=obvious bias

by Anonymousreply 4902/17/2012

Foxy Knoxy as Roxie!!

by Anonymousreply 5002/17/2012

She did cartwheels at the police station, kissed her boyfreind etc., etc., because she's a young, naive, hippy-dippy flower child who didn't have a clue. She had no idea they were about to launch a carpet bomb of made-up shit against her. At the time, she didn't even speak the language.

Yes granted, her behavior after the murder was odd to say the least. But acting weird doesn't mean she committed murder. Raffaelle didn't act weird. He wasn't doing cartwheels--and they falsely threw the book at him too.

The police and the prosecutors fucked up--and the almost succeeded in ruining two young innocent lives. Luckily and wisely, the appealate judges saw the truth. Yes, the victim died, but Amanda and Raeffaelle didn't kill her.

by Anonymousreply 5102/17/2012

But she isn't like that R21.

After she pays taxes,her agent/attorney and pays back her parents/relatives and family friends the more than $1 Million that they spent extracting her from this miscarriage of justice she won't have that much money left over

by Anonymousreply 5202/17/2012

>>>I don't know whether she is guilty or not but her behavior was definitely off. Her roommate is murdered but she does cartwheels in the police station?

The police asked her about herself. She mentioned that she had been a gymnast and they asked her to do some cartwheels or whatever. They asked her fucked up questions. Questions that are 100% PROVEN by experts are railroading questions. They asked her to "imagine the crime happening and tell how you think it occurred". Cops who railroad people almost always ask that type of question. That's a proven fact. Then they say that the person told them that is exactly the truth about what happened. Cops shouldn't be asking potential witnesses to imagine ANY scenarios. What the fuck does an imagined scenario have to do with any crime? Facts are what matters. Those were dump type of questions these cops were asking in an international murder case.

And as for Patrick Lumumba. They told her (Amanda) that they had evidence that he did it. They asked her leading questions and she only answered the questions. She did not bring him up and say she thought he did it. They railroaded her into implicating him. Despite that, she should have spoken up. She was a very naive 18 year old. Don't forget the cops locked him up for 2 weeks and boasted to the press that they had the killer and they had lots of evidence that he did it. They didn't have a single jot of evidence. he had 100% proof he wasn't anywhere near the crime scene. He was working at his bar and had lots of witnesses. He's never even been in that house.

They have the guy who did the crime (rudy guede). His DNA was inside of the victim, his fingerprints were found inside her wallet and all over her room and his handprint was found in the VICTIMS blood on the wall next to the body. It was Meredith's blood. When he was caught the police asked him, "Amanda and her boyfriend were in on the crime with you weren't they"? Of course he said yes. He wanted to get off and place the blame on someone else.And you know what. He almost did. He actually appealed his case and got his sentence reduced by almost half. The police and the prosecutors didn't fight or contest his appeal. They're cool with this guy getting out of jail in less than 8 years for raping and murdering someone.

And when asked a few months ago if he thought Amanda committed this crime, the prosector laughed and said "I don't know"

by Anonymousreply 5402/17/2012

And the people that are saying she did this are saying all this stuff about her, but if she really did this her boyfriend was with her and committed this crime. Why aren't you saying anything about him? What about the guy (rudy guede) who raped Meredith?

Come on. According to the police and prosecutors this was a crime committed by THREE people, but all you keep talking about is Amanda committing this crime all by herself

If you actually read up on cases where police were completely wrong and railroaded people into false convictions you would know that this was an ALL AROUND classic textbook case of railroading. From the shitty shoddy forensics to the ham fisted police theories and interrogations to the entire prosecution

There is also a very big hole in this case. How did the police find out about rude guede? How did they even associate him with this crime? They didn't have any DNA results from the crime scene back at that time they arrrested him.And even if they did, they didn't have his DNA on file. He actually left Italy and escaped to Germany the day after the burglary/rape/murder of Meredith. And yet they knew EXACTLY where to find him in Germany. They must have had an informant. Why no mention of that?

by Anonymousreply 5502/17/2012

They got the guy who did it. If someone is still blaming Amanda Knox for this murder despite the real killer being caught, says volumes about the person holding the belief. If anyone still believes she killed Meredith then you need to avoid such delusional, hysterical people because they will turn on you eventually. That tells you all you need to know about someone's character.

by Anonymousreply 5602/17/2012

I hope no one buys the book. This is blood money. Anyone who's seen with this book should be ashamed of themselves. Harper should be ashamed of themselves. What's next for them, a book deal for Casey Anthony?

by Anonymousreply 5702/17/2012

R57. The difference is:

Amanda and Raffaelle are innocent of murder. They're not "not guilty." They're innocent.

On the other hand, Casey Anthony killled her three year-old daughter.

by Anonymousreply 5802/17/2012

RG and Raffaelle had no motive other than generic sex crime and it's hard to believe he would suddenly start in on that. Only AK had a motive. Yes, AK did too speak Italian. She was fluent before she went.

by Anonymousreply 5902/17/2012

Anderson Cooper had the bf on the show. Anyone watch?

by Anonymousreply 6009/20/2012

Well now you know she was a CIA agent. The $4 million is a clear payoff.

by Anonymousreply 6109/22/2012

Disgusting. Ho needs to rot in jail.

by Anonymousreply 6209/22/2012

Amanda is innocent, and anyone who disagrees with that is either ignorant of the case, a misogynist, or a far Right religious nut.

Rudy Guede did it. He ran from authorities. He also has a history of crime.

They tried Amanda on her beauty, and how a beautiful woman is dangerous. The prosecuter is a religious nutcase. He has a background in claiming satanic worship, and how evil and unclean women are. He's a Catholic propagandist.

by Anonymousreply 6309/22/2012

Hmmmm so the unemployed people should just kill someone and write a book and be set for life.

by Anonymousreply 6409/22/2012

[quote]He has a background in claiming satanic worship, and how evil and unclean women are.

Sounds like he'd fit right in here.

by Anonymousreply 6509/22/2012

About time!

by Anonymousreply 6603/22/2013

I hope she calls it "Memoirs of a Murderess" or "How I Got Away With It"

by Anonymousreply 6703/22/2013

Will she hold a press conference when she returns to Italy to promote her book?

by Anonymousreply 6803/22/2013

How could any sane person find them guilty? Especially today?

by Anonymousreply 6903/22/2013

They black guy did it. Amanda Knox was prosecuted because she is beautiful. Well, she's not actually beautiful, but she's thin and under 30, and that's pretty much all it takes to be called beautiful today. And throughout human history beautiful women have not been celebrated, glamorized and rewarded--no, they've been chucked into prison. Just visit your local prison. Chock full of innocent beautiful women, put there in place of guilty black guys with criminal histories who prosecutors are for some reason loathe to pursue.

I'm also the Race Troll (TM) because I've said the word "black." Multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 7003/22/2013

4 mil for Ms. Knox? Shit, talk about lowering the bar. Another trashy American whore gets away with murder,

by Anonymousreply 7103/22/2013

The BF is a hottie

by Anonymousreply 7203/22/2013

This is what has killed American publishing. Lucrative multi-million dollar book deals to any sleazebag who had 15 minutes of fame on the news. By the time the book comes out nobody will have anything but a vague recollection of Amanda Knox, and the book will sell 10,000 copies in Seattle, 10,000 copies in Italy, and all the rest of the money will be lost. I don't even foresee a t.v. movie.

That and political publishing.

by Anonymousreply 7303/22/2013

Silly whore.

by Anonymousreply 7403/24/2013

There are many fundamentalist boards where the Whore Troll could raise a lot more ruckus.

by Anonymousreply 7503/24/2013

Guilty as sin.

by Anonymousreply 7603/24/2013

Not only have American sales of Waiting to be Heard fallen far short of expectation – only 36,000 copes have sold from an announced initial print run of 750,000 – but any hopes for a global bestseller have evaporated.

by Anonymousreply 7705/22/2013

I used to think she was guilty. I was convinced that people were stupid for believing that she didn't do it. Then I read that analysis from the famous forensics expert. I don't recall his name but he worked for the FBI, I think. He broke the entire case down, explained all the evidence, and provided a reconstruction of the crime. I would love to find that website again, if anyone knows what it is.

The evidence convinced me that Amanda Knox is innocent, without a doubt.

Until you disbelievers undergo extensive, abusive questioning while in the custody of police, you will never undersand how false information was coaxed it of her.

She is innocent.

by Anonymousreply 7805/22/2013

I'll never understand the sociopaths who are convinced (and angry about it) that she is guilty. She is not. She was framed. It was a miscarriage of justice in Italy and a travesty. And there is nothing to prove she was "guilty". The end.

by Anonymousreply 7905/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!